Reviews of Castle Arch Hotel 3 stars

Summerhill Road, C15WD92 Trim, Ireland

#8 of 15 hotels in Trim

Not worth the high pricing.

Breakfast was appalling, day one my microwaved eggs and bacon were like rubber, day two no fresh fruit! I asked for poached eggs and got just that three poached eggs running around a plate. Facilities were outdated, from the 70s. Water was so soft it took 10 minutes to wash the soap off. Dirty marked walls, dust in the grotty chair in the room and cobwebs in the ceiling. Not to mention the coffee and tea in the room had biscuits that had expired a month before and when I looked in the kettle it was greasy and dirty, I washed the inside of the kettle and after I finished the white towel was brown.

Beds were comfortable, bar staff were attentive and receptionist was friendly. Steak was cooked to perfection.

Disappointed.

Having to move rooms three times. No response from hotel owners when sent email. Restaurant staff don't listen when taking order for food. Overall a very poor experience and I won't be staying that hotel again.

Lovation of hotel.

Comfortable, relaxed and good value for money.

Had jaccuzi bath in room but was not working,very dissapointed but as only staying one night didn't complain.

Lovely room. Great location near town but in quiet area. Excellent breakfast.

Wouldn't stay here again. Very poor cleanliness!

The room we stayed in did not match the pictures on your website and wasn't very clean stains on the walls and on the carpet I would expect a clean room even from just a 3star hotel. I wouldn't stay here again especially for the cost per room!

The serving staff where amazing and very accommodating.

Good spot at reasonable price.

Mould on the bathroom ceiling, towels and bed sheet were clean but there was no aroma of ,,freshness'' while i was using them. The price for booking via booking.com was higher for about 40 euro compare to the price given at the hotel website, I've noticed that too late to organize cancellation and to rearrange my stay directly with hotel. Limited breakfast menu and late start of opening breakfast area (7.30 am)

Friendly staff at the reception ,like also bar and restaurant, quiet and easy access to location of the facility

Lovely location great staff

Room very dated shower curtain let water all over the floor quite dangerous definatley needs up dating

Staff incredibly friendly and nice clean bed sheets

A brief stop on a motorcycle tour but one which we will use again!

No problems at all.

This was a motorcycle trip and the car park has plenty of parking directly outside the hotel. We arranged the hotel as it is within 30 minutes of Dublin and the access road is easy. We were pleasantly surprised by the town itself which has plenty of good bars and restaurants for most tastes, plus a some monuments to wander around if that takes your fancy. The hotel itself is in good order and the rooms spacious and comfortable. We ate in the hotel and the food was good and reasonably priced. The staff were all great and so damn cheery!! It seemed nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommended and we will definitely make use of the hotel on our travels in Ireland again.

Very disapointed in the hotel, very dated and worn.

We booked this hotel because it was represented as a luxury hotel. We had looked at pictures online and the rooms looked very nice. We were willing to spend the extra money as it was going to be a two day stay to rest up for the long flight home. When we entered our room it was very dated and worn, not at all like the photos we had seen online. It was a warm day, so we opened the window and heard a loud fan noise right outside our window. We checked at the front desk and were told that the fan was the exhaust fan from the kitchen and it would shut off at about 10:00 in the evening. My husband asked if there was another room available because we knew that we wouldn't be able to sleep without the window open and the fan would be to loud. The person at the front desk moved us to a room across the hall, which was also very dated and worn....dirty carpet, scuffed up paint, mold in the bathroom shower, and a toilet that took three or four times to flush things down. We knew we had to make the best of it. We spent as little time in the room as possible. It was the most expensive place we stayed in during our twenty-four day trip to Ireland, and was one of the poorest.

Going to Trim was a last minute decision and was a very enjoyable day and a half.

The shower curtain needed to be washed.

I liked the private parking lot and ambience of the interiors. The dinner was wonderful as was the comfort in the restaurant and it had an elevator.

The concrete ledge outside our window had cigarette butts and empty snack bag, as well as dirt and grime. It would look so much better if swept regularly and maybe put some potted plants out there

Location. Good breakfast. Clean.

Good location, great food and friendly staff makes this a place to stay!

Unfortunately my room was located with the window opening to the courtyard, so during kitchen hours the smell drifted in the room when opening the window. In addition the (kitchen) ventilation made quite some noise. With closed windows this was not an issue, but not so nice if one likes to sleep with open ones.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food in the attached Restaurant was tasty and relatively good value for money. As for the breakfast - one can choose from different options from full Irish to continental or some custom combinations which is great. It definitely was plenty to eat and tasted good as well.

No money value

The shower did not work properly. It was impossible to wash the air. Just a small caudal of water coming out of the shower. I complained, they said they would fixe the problem, nothing was done. The blindfolds (curtains) were useless. Light in the room since 5 am.

The bed was comfortable and the facilities were silent. Breakfast was ok also.

Great location and breakfast

Since the hotel is build with/around a courtyard, the inner ring of the rooms are looking out to the roof of what I believe is the kitchen area. Not an issue for myself, but it was for my friend, who had a room on the opposite side of the court. Kitchen noises and especially kitchen smells until late and early in the morning did make it impossible for him to open a windows to get some fresh air for the sleep. Some filter system for the frying oil smell might do wonder. That said, still would stay there again (and did already before).

I usually prefer to have a buffet for breakfast, where you pick as much as you want and especially what you want. However, they do a great Irish breakfast, fresh served and a portion for sure enough for anyone. The location of the hotel is great, since it's only a few minutes from the centre of Trim, but far enough to be away from the traffic and noises.

The staff was fab . The room was not .

The bath room had tile cement on the tiles. It was not the room I booked the view from the window was the roof of another building .this made the room dark

Staff were very nice and helpful

Very enjoyable 4 days in Trim and Castle Arch

Selection of breakfast items was limited

Great location for walking to services in the town. Front Desk staff were extremely helpful and accomodating. Room was comfortable and reasonably quiet except when events were on. It happened to be the long weekend and Holy Communion and wedding were on at hotel so more traffic and noise than usual but finished early so as not to disrupt sleep of guests. Also Trim is an excellent place for touring the features of the Boyne Valley and close to Dublin for ease of access.

Ok for a night.

No outdoor space to sit - it was a lovely sunny evening but the hotel only has a car park. Hotel is very dated. Breakfast was extremely slow, even though not busy, then we were brought the wrong food and had to wait further.

Walking distance to town centre.

Short and pleasant

Was not there long enough to notice much but it seemed nice enough maybe it should have sky channels that would be a big bonus!!!

The food was lovely the room was quite nice and I would stay there again the price was great I got a great deal in a short space of time keep the prices low. Staff in bar/restaurant very friendly and helpful. And so were the breakfast staff.

Excellent place to go for all . Couples or families.

The Disco. I thought it lowered the hotel's standard. As it brings alot of trouble.

To us it's like from home to home. And in the town everyone's so friendly.

we have stayed in your hotel lots of time and they have...

some of the bedrooms need a little tlc

we have stayed in your hotel lots of time and they have great staff who are very friendly we have had weddings ,21st, 50th, and 60th. partys we also have had our grandaughters communion dinner there ,we surely will be,great food and value back,

The breakfast was very nice.

Being woke at 7.20am on a Saturday by the noise of furniture being moved around above us. Cover at the bottom of the bed a bit marked, but I think this was age and not dirt. Toilet paper very thin.

The breakfast was very nice. The staff very friendly and helpful. Great location, walked into the town bar and eateries.

Amazing staff, gorgeous rooms.

WiFi was slow at times.

The staff are simply amazing here. Very kind and helpful. Nothing is ever too much trouble for them. The newly decorated rooms are stunning. The food is tasty and the new cocktail menu is fantastic.

Our room had been refurbished and was excellent.

Our room had been refurbished and was excellent. My friends had not yet been and the bathroom was not great. Staff were great, efficient and very friendly and welcoming.

It was fine ...

We were in room 113 it was extremely noisy and a light outside kept coming on and off allnight I kept wakening with d noise think it was backyard and wen someone went out d door would bang and light come on... I’d the Trim 10 mile race and got very little sleep

Bed was comfy food was lovely...

A bit disappointing

The Mattress was terrible, the cobwebs were hanging from the ceiling and the light needs to be taken down and cleaned generally the room could do with a freshen up.

Good central location with good parking

Enjoyable new year break in Trim.

nothing.

Hotel in excellent location close to everything in Trim.Staff very helpful.Carvery great value.Breakfast was one of the best I have had.Freshly cooked for you.Highly recommend for weekend break.

Great for Exploring Trim

Some sleep disturbance due to the heavy fire doors that are fitted on each of the bedrooms, every time someone entered/exited a room along the corridor the door slammed and the walls shook.

The hotel was perfectly located for exploring Trim and is a 5 minute walk from Trim Castle. Buffet breakfast was included, food and amenities were good. Ireland is not widely accessible by public transport, I did see a few buses but owing to experience would recommend hiring a car if exploring other areas.

The hotel needs to decide is it a hotel or a night club. When I visited it was a night club:-((

The hotel is essentially a large night club and function room with rooms attached. Most of the rooms are adjacent to the function room. Noise is a big issue. On the night I stayed the hotel was packed with party goers with loud music until the small wee hours. They should not be charging full rate (€135) for B&B under such conditions, they should make it clear that it is not a peaceful hotel and reduce their rates accordingly.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Castle Arch Hotel a delight to stay.

The bathroom was spotless but needs a new bath and shower fixture.

Very homely.the staff were pleasent and helpful especially Harold the night porter. Top marks for cleaniness.great value.

Myself & my mother enjoyed our stay.

We found no fault in our stay.

Myself & my mother enjoyed our stay. We said to eachother pity we weren't staying longer we were attending a wedding in Trim on fri 17th Nov in Trim Castle Hotel were we were staying the second night. We compared the two nights & we rathered the Castle Arch because our room in the Trim Castle Hotel wasn't as nice & cosy. Our room number was 18 the room was beautifully decorated spacious, love the idea of table & chairs. The staff were very friendly & helpful.The food was devine. We watched out in the lobby the young people attending there debs night in the hotel admiring the dresses & hairstyles. The hotel security checking for ID & tickets ect moving the queue quickly as they could. I got a great sleep you wouldn't of thought a debs was on in the hotel it wasn't that loud i knew the debs people had to enjoy themselves aswell. I rate our stay 10 out of 10.

I wish things were better because it’s a very nice place

Confused staff and very little knowledge of customer booking

I booked my mum a deal on booking.com which was a double room and breakfast with complimentary coffe /tea , when she got there she was told that her room doesn’t not include breakfast which is false . So because she was travelling on a budget she was forced to consume a low budget breakfast upon paying when she said her room number she was then told the breakfast was inclusive and she shouldn’t have to pay . That to me is very disappointing as it was her birthday getaway

our room must of been right above the function room and we...

our room must of been right above the function room and we could hear the DJ until 1am , we had a flight from Dublin at 6am . I would of had a better sleep in the car

There was an industrial fan Outside the window of the room.

There was an industrial fan Outside the window of the room. It kept cutting in and shutting off, as a result I found it noisy and hard to get to sleep.

Great hotel in great location. Fabulous staff

Nothing at all

Clean and comfy, great staff. Food great. Lift out of order but staff happy to carry bags up and down. Great location . Would stay there again

Good value, great food really freindly and helpful staff

Property is a bit outdated and could do with a facelift (I believe this is happening)

Friendly staff and location was great for town centre Dinner in the hotel was lovely and good value for money Rooms were clean and everything worked

The hotel was an easy commute to the Dublin airport in the morning.

The hotel is undergoing renovations...the lift did not work and the rooms definitely needed to be refurbished. Breakfast was served promptly however the poached eggs were hard cooked. The breakfast area was cramped. We were seated in the bar section of the restaurant for our dinner reservation. Dinner itself was very good. The hotel has definitely seen better days and will hopefully be restored to that level.

The location was easy to find and there was ample free parking.

Good location, nice breakfast.

Hated the view. We were told we would get a castle view or a garden view. What we got was the view of the roof tiles of part of the hotel.

The location was prefect. It was easy to see the Trim Castle and simple to get to Dublin. The area was attractive. Breakfast was generous. While beds weren't the most comfortable, the needing was divine.

I'll be back ?

Think i was in the old part of the hotel nails in the wall with no pictures we had 1 picture although it was nice every time u walked into the room the smell of damp coming from the bathroom would stay again but not same room

Food & staff

I will be a frequent visitor to Trim as most of my family live there. I wil be aware of this one.

Parking was a hit and miss experience. The lift was out of order for the two day stay we had. The room had not been prepared and after dropping a coin on the floor I was abhorred to find Rose Petals under the bed (synthetic) and a condom wrapper. The room itself was located in a corridor which is a strange arrangement. Breakfast on both days was overcooked but to the credit of the waitress she was the only person with a smile.

The only good I can say about this Hotel is that it is situated in Trim.

Great place to stay for last night in Ireland. Convenient for getting to Dublin airport.

No light bulb in main lamp in unit. Really could have used the extra light. No hair dryer in room. Mattress could have been more comfortable but was ok. Elevator not working but offered to carry bag up which was very helpful.

Carried our suitcases upstairs since elevator was out of order. Printed our boarding passes for us. Accommodated us with a early morning continental breakfast since we were leaving very early. Staff was friendly and helpful. Completely met our needs for a one night stay before flying out of Dublin back to the US.

Suitable for our last minute visit to Trim .

we didn't like the fact we had no view from our window . We looked out at the top of a roof that was attached to the main body of the hotel and we heard the noise from the extractor fans used for the kitchen or a boiler noise until 11pm . We did mention to the receptionist at 10pm but was told they would be turned off soon . My husband also asked if we could move to a quieter room but we were told the hotel was fully booked (we were not convinced that this was true ) The staff on duty in the am made no eye contact and just said you are sorted ! meaning we had paid on arrival .

We liked the fact the breakfast was freshly cooked . the location of the hotel was good for ourselves allowing us to walk to the castle and the local walk along the river .

Relaxing trip in a lovely room with a delicious breakfast.

The decor of the room was lovely and the breakfast was very fresh and tasty. Staff were welcoming and pleasant too. A very short walk into Trim and to the castle. I would highly recommend this hotel and would return if I were going to stay in Trim.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Poor

I have answered that question .

Was dissapointed in hotel the view looking unto roofs. I was told to turn my T V down when it wasn't mine turned my TV off and the noise was coming from another room which went on until 2.30 in the morning . Electric Kettle wasn't working had to get replacement. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The food was quite good that all I could say good about it .

Perfect location for our trip
    • Family Room

We had a meal in bar the evening we checked in, mine was lovely but my partner and son both had chips and they weren't edible, they weren't cooked at all, my husband was very disappointed with his meal. Also we booked family room but we were sent confirmation we'd be in standard double which had a single bed for our son. Our bed was uncomfortable and when you sat on end it sounded broken.

Friendly staff, receptionist was lovely giving recommendations for things to do, room was clean, breakfast was lovely and very generous portions

Lovely homely hotel

Hotel was lovely, clean and quiet (midweek stay). A good location to visit funtasia & tayto park. Food in the bar was delicious and nothing was too much trouble for staff. Breakfast was good too.

Well located on the edge of town- good car parking- very helpful staff.

Family run hotel - has it challenges and needs a degree of refurb.

Breakfast was top class. Staff member at reception was outstanding - on check in- advised us of a function that night and asked if we wanted to be relocated to a quieter room and did so promptly. Had issue with access key to room and she came up and resolved. Asked for late check out and she obliged with switching another booking to faciiitate us

Excellent value, Jackie at the front desk helped us confirm our return flight, we would return.

We were pleased and impressed. We spent 2 weeks in Ireland and this was our last stop. Treated fantastically by all employees, facilities were spotless, very quiet location. We would definitely visit again.

Trim, a National Treasure.

The reception staff. There could have been more leaflets available in the hotel regarding the places of interest in the area, particularly The Francis Ledwedge Cottage and the wonderful Trim Wool Shop in the town.

The location was excellent for visiting historical venues. Overall staff were very efficient and friendly but we felt the reception staff could have been more pleasant. Food was very good and reasonably priced.

good location but choose room carefully

very noisy room overlooking kitchens.I wouldnt accept room124 again.We hardly slept and were facing a full days travel next morning

good service nice breakfast

Relaxing for an overnight stay and great bar food!

unfortunately our room was near the fan for air conditioning/heating system, so it was going at different stages during the night!!!! Hence, my hub didn't sleep that well!!! Room was very warm as well! (had turned off rad).

Staff very friendly and helpful, evening meal is bar was delicious, very laid back and easy going, hotel was very comfortable for a one night stay. just on outskirts of town so very quiet area and easy walking distance to town if needs be. Breakfast very nice too.

Very easy to get to airport from hotel and good parking in...

Some parts a bit dated but going through some renovations currently and renovation process didn't interfere with our stay.

Very easy to get to airport from hotel and good parking in front of hotel. Very comfortable bed - nothing fancy just affordable comfort and nice people.

Apart from problems noted pleasent hotel in a good position

Had to move rooms as first room had mould covering the bathroom ceiling Room noisy as near kitchen and its extractor oitlet TV had a problem so had to change channels manually which could not be fixed by the staff

Staff very pleasent and helpful

Decent hotel in cute city!

The beds were pretty hard and the pillows were flat. They did have an extra pillow in the closet, however. No bedside lighting, only a ceiling fixture and a lamp on the bureau across the room which didn't work.

The staff was super friendly. Parking was easy and plentiful. Location was great for seeing the sights in Trim and surrounding area sights. Even though we refused maid service during our stay, they automatically left fresh towels and a roll of t.p. outside our door for when we returned at the end of the day.

Great place to stay!

Nothing, maybe air conditioning, It got pretty warm in the room even with the windows open. Even a fan would have sufficed.

This hotel was very clean. Staff was amazing, we had to check out at 5 am, and would have missed their breakfast buffet, so they offered to have us coffee, except when we went into the breakfast room, they had set up a full continental!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

A low-cost stopover within an hour of Dublin.

We got the last room (this is not a big hotel), and it was a handicap room. Also when we opened the windows for fresh air, we heard the kitchen vents in all their glory.

The price was right! Within easy walking distance of the Trim Castle.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Walking distance to major historical site.

Faith healer in the hallway to our room. Many people sitting around that were not hotel guests. It was uncomfortable and seemed like a security issue.

Walking distance to major historical site.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Staff par excellence in a old world venue in need of a little update, but don't be put off!

The image shows the car park and entrance from across the way so it looks more rural and more of of a courtyard/castle demesne. The hotel has signs up that it's renovating but it needs it in terms of decor, it's a little outdated BUT it was absolutely fine in terms of functionality, but the renovation may breath life into it. The biggest issues I had were firstly the breakfast time - paid for breakfast included and ended up driving into the city for that as it is a late start 7.30 am on a working day is a bit late if you plan to drive to the city as traffic is horrendous going in during the morning rush. So to avoid that I left but felt that really a breakfast bar of continental style could be the very least on offer to early travellers. Either that or reimburse for it etc. The other issue was the major one in the context of the power went off in the night and found this out when having to use the bathroom. I ended up going around using my ipad for light! I don't understand why sockets, light and even the phone went off but given I was unsure if the door card would also not work, I didn't want to risk it. Eventually I found the public phone number and had to ring the outside line and explain to the young man on duty. Given that I was having a discussion with him in the hours of dawn, I didn't get much in the way of sleep after that, so just showered and then left very early to get into the city, although the young did offer to make me tea. Would have been a bit of a disaster if I hadn't the ipad with me.

The staff were amazing! It is a rare thing to get service with a genuine smile - kudos to the team! I arrived 20.30ish and was at the tail end of the full kitchen. Without hesitation when I made an inquiry at the reception, the young man immediately went and sought out what options there were and appeared with several options to make a vegetarian meal as required. They got busy, I checked my luggage in and it was ready a couple of minutes after I sat down in the restaurant. Portions were huge - could barely finish it and hadn't had my main meal that day, so very welcome. The food was excellent - first class! Piping hot, extremely fresh, no corners cut and just felt like - wow, I'm going to enjoy this and relax. Everyone seemed so chilled out and the young lady serving was polite, friendly, served with a smile and it's the first time in a long time that I've found such good catering or service. It was reasonably priced for what it was. I also had a bit of difficulty in the night with some tripped fuse with no electricity. When I finally came up with a method of calling reception as the phone wasn't working and I didn't want to go down in my nightwear, the man on the reception was absolutely helpful. He offered to move me to another room but given it was coming up to dawn etc. I didn't want to cart all my belongings to another room, but he did give another key card to a room close by for my use to have light etc. He was so nice and went out of his way to be nice in what was a very weird situation. All in all this is an old feeling, old world type of hotel but maybe the traditional customer service is also from that era when you were treated exceptionally nice. Full marks on staff attitude! Rooms were jaded but very clean, good flat screen TV, all the norms like hairdryer, tea/coffee etc. The view was backed onto a roof gully but ok because it was a short business stay.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Mouldy ceiling

The mouldy ceiling in the bathroom and leaky shower head renovation are going on at present but our room shouldn't have been let out until after the renovations

Food in the restaurant is excellent and the staff are great

Cooked breakfast excellent tasty crisp and not greasy.

Room comfortable and clean but on the cusp of needing updated.

Cooked breakfast excellent tasty crisp and not greasy. On edge of town everything within walking distance, castle, river walk etc.

Trim stayover

The decor/bedrooms would benefit from a little reenergising but were still very comfy.

The location so close to trim centre but so easy to travel to by avoiding the centre and traffic appeals hugely! The staff are so friendly and helpful and the breakfast was really tasty!

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Normally a good stay , bad experience this time

Nearly wasn't served our drinks cause we looked under age and had no ID , I'm 27 . It made us feel very awkward as it felt as if we were doing something wrong , the manager was starring at us and it put us off ordering another couple of drinks .

Very comfy great big room

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Amazing place for such a good price!

Friendly staff, spotlessly clean, excellent food. The shower was hot and very good pressure. Towels were like new. Steak I ordered for room service was huge, I couldn't finish it! Breakfast probably the best I have had in a hotel

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Very nice facility

Spacious, nice room with comfy beds, quiet rooms. Staff was friendly and helpful. Ate dinner, breakfast and even hung out at the bar and listened to a musician. Very nice stay all around.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

OK but nothing special

Bed really uncomfortable, Tired room with need of a good clean and modernisation. I noticed on reception from the key cards some people had paid a lot less than me which is annoying.

Restaurant and Bar were good, food really nice

A nice hotel but very loud music both nights we stayed

We were at the hotel on a Friday and Saturday night, on the Friday night there was very loud music playing until 1.30AM it was extremely loud in the room and there appeared to be no sound proofing at all. On the Saturday night the music was the same until 2.10AM we got very little sleep at the hotel.

The location of the hotel is great it's within walking distance of the town centre and castle and the breakfast was very good and the staff were also friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

In all a good experience.

The restraunt closes at nine. Would have liked it to stay open a little longer.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was good value. Location was good.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Very good welcoming Hotel. Just what we needed.

The duvet on the bed was too heavy and too warm. This is a common complaint in most hotels. There should be a low tog duvet or light blanket available in bedrooms.

Breakfast was very nice, with a reasonable choice of food items. Staff were very pleasant and willing to meet requests. On the second morning we had to leave before the 7.30am start of breakfast but all staff including the Filipino gentleman at reception went out of their way to be accommodating and most helpful. We had an excellent continental breakfast.

Overall was a good stay if ye improved on the things that I have said it would be better

Bed linen ripped and my daughter said it to staff and it was changed she said in room 103

I did not get Cossansts and the sausages where burned but have that was the only fault I would have found

Enjoyed the stay! Nice town,

I was never a fan of a spring mattress, rooms may need more attention, I.e. Cleaning and update!

Very friendly and cheerful staff, nice food, cosy bar,

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Possibly the best value in Meath - certainly in Trim !

The toilet in the bathroom made the weirdest noises when flushed - but that's more quirky than a complaint !

Really nice Hotel - clean, modern, comfortable. Excellent food. I had dinner and breakfast and both were 10/10. The whole package was outstanding value for money. At the price I had anticipated encountering a few short cuts or compromises - I was very pleasantly surprised.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Lovely cosy atmosphere, great food and staff were friendly...

there was a lot of noise from a generator or cooler of some sort that kept cutting in and out all through the night

Lovely cosy atmosphere, great food and staff were friendly very comfortable room

Jacuzzi

The whole hotel the surprise having the bridal suite

I forgot my Pandora bracelet and when I phoned they had it safe at the reception honesty is still here these days

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Excellent breakfast

Walls in room were paper thin. We could hear telephone conversation of person in next room.. Very noisy revellers and music from functions downstairs could be heard

Excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

A LOT OF NOISE WHEN TRYING TO GET A SLEEP.

WINDOW DRAUGHTY. CARPER BESIDE BED WAS WET. VERY LITTLE TOILET ROLL AVAILABLE. VERY NOISY AS MUSIC WENT ON UNTIL 2.45AM

BED WAS COMFORTABLE & BREAKFAST WAS GOOD.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Had a wonderful stay for my husbands birthday treat!

Nothing to complain about

Had a wonderful stay for my husbands birthday treat! Beautiful hotel with the most beautiful surroundings. Food was on point and staff were very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Bring earplugs unless you can sleep through anything

Hard to get a good night's sleep, between not very comfy beds and lots of noise. Some kind of equipment cycling on and off all night, dog across the street barks much of the night, and the building, being old, is not the least bit soundproof. Big event one night, smokers have to go outside so were carousing loudly in the parking lot at regular intervals till we called reception at 3:15 in the morning. Right outside the entrance, you'd think they would be aware of this problem!! And beware, they host lots of special events and lots of Irish are smokers who like to party hard. Fine at a pub, not a hotel where others are paying for a place to sleep!