2. Ireland hotel reviews
  3. Dublin County hotel reviews
  4. Clondalkin hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley

Reviews of Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Liffey Valley, D22 Clondalkin, Ireland

#4 of 8 hotels in Clondalkin

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 15, 2018

Lovely breakfast.

Poor restaurant , disinterested staff very unhelpful, not a great choice on menu. Expensive breakfast

Lovely breakfast. Lovely reception staff. Great pool steam room and sauna!

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Pleasant hotel but Excessive Prices

It took us almost 45 minutes to get checked in, due to a lack of staff at reception. The room was not cleaned to a high standard, there were still items left in the room from the previous guests. The easiest way of transport in and out of Dublin is by taxi which can be expensive. The hotel needs to install more lifts. We were at the far side of the hotel and getting out of the hotel was very much like a maze, with quite a large distance.

Hotel room was very spacious and comfortable. The bed was large and satisfying. The room had ample storage space. The hotel was very close to Liffey Valley shopping centre and located near bus routes. The breakfast had a wide selection of food and also was very aware of food intolerances and allergies. The hotel lobby/bars were very spacious and didn’t seem as though people were crammed on top of each other especially in the evening.

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Enjoyable Stay
    • Executive King Suite

Due to the large number of people around for Xmas, breakfast was alittle all over the place, tables slow to be cleared of. Having to pay for parking €6 each day. Surly if your staying should be included in the rate.

Enjoyed everything, bed was very comfortable, room was clean and good size. Staff friendly.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

1st time in over 4 yrs of going on breaks that we didnt have...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Not Hotels fault but very loud and late road works from exit to roundabout beside hotel.

1st time in over 4 yrs of going on breaks that we didnt have to ring reception for a travel cot! Very impressed

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Very disappointing. Will not be returning
    • Double Room with Single Bed

Staff welcome at reception very poor. Computer systems down when we arrived and queues at reception. Stressed staff at reception with very little care for customers. Arrived at allocated bedroom and gained entrance to find another couple relaxing in room!! Bar staff unfriendly and right glasses for drinks bit not available. At check out staff not concerned about how we found our stay.

Bed comfortable and clean room. Waitress in bar restaurant very nice and food good.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Nice hotel, well situated. But reception could be a bit more discreet if there is an issue.
    • Double Room with Single Bed

Man at reception argued with me when he wanted my visa debit card number again because the 1 on his computer was different than the 1 I paid for breakfast with. He said he wanted the card number that I prepaid with on booking.com, when I told him that was the only Visa card I had he insisted that I must have a second card. I tried to tell him 3 or 4 times that I only have 1 credit card he wouldn't listen and still argued with me at the desk in front of other guests waiting to check in. It got sorted in the end but I was a bit mad with his insistence in front of other guests.

Adequate
    • Executive King Suite

We felt more attention to customer needs could go a long way. Most hotels have toothpaste at reception either complimentary, or to purchase. It’s the small things that just make life easier when you are on a supposed relaxing break away. Also the wait for tea at breakfast was exceptionally long. After making several requests our four breakfasts were finished by the time it arrived. And no apology which added to the waiters blatant lack of interest. Also check in time is very late at 3.00.

The location for shopping facilities was good. Pool was good for the children.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Good location, right next door to the Liffey valley shopping...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

€6 parking fee, rooms were very hot, depending on which side of the hotel your situated, can be very noisy having to sleep with window open.

Good location, right next door to the Liffey valley shopping centre. Kids had the freedom to do whatever they wanted. Good buffet breakfast.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Great location, pool a extra treat!

Having to pay for parking, you'd imagine when you had booked a room in the hotel the parking would be complementary.

The location, right next to shopping centre was fantastic. Having a pool on site, amazing to be able to unwind after a 'hectic' days shopping. Nice sized room, not cramped like some hotels with these style rooms can be.

Fab large bed, great shower, cosy room

breakfast service a bit lacking. Loads of tables that needed to be cleared of dishes, but nobody doing it and a huge queue waiting for service

Fab large bed, great shower, cosy room

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

It suits the needs, while costs to stay are on the steady...
    • Double Room with Single Bed

Car park machine wouldn’t take big notes and doesn’t take credit cards at all! Receptionist told us we would have to go to an atm for change! The nearest accessible one is in pub next door but at 09:30 in the morning on a Sunday the nearest was a 15 min each way walk to Liffey Valley

It suits the needs, while costs to stay are on the steady increase, this time last year got Bed and breakfast for around €100 it was nearly €140 for room only!

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

The breakfast arrangements and cleanliness at breakfast really let the hotel down.

Breakfast food good but everything else about it very poor. Had to ask twice for coffee. No milk or sugar on our table so had to ask for them. Couldn’t take a plate as there was a hair on it, left it aside and saw a worker then brush the hair off the plate and then put the plate back for use without washing it. Our seating was terrible. Basically sat on top of the people on either side, no privacy at all and couldn’t have a conversation, had to ask the people beside us to move so we could get out. These seating arrangements should be changed as I would refuse these seats if back at the hotel. I had breakfast at 8 am which wasn’t an overly busy period. There were also glasses that had beer and other alcoholic drinks that were not finished to the left of the toaster. Surely these could have been removed as they were obviously there from the evening before.

Reception were very helpful, rooms excellent and clean, television very good.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

The chicuzi was lovely.

The food was awful , cold n tasteless . Bar manager wouldn't listen when I tried to explain that there was a problem with the credit card terminal . It displayed my personal pin no and I couldn't cancel transaction. The waitress took the terminal to the other side of bar out of my view to clear transaction. He kept saying that this couldn't happen that it was impossible to happen. He talked down to me and wouldn't entertain my concerns. Overall I was disappointed. My husband is having chemo and radiotherapy in the hermitage and we booked this for comfort and to be hassle free. Our room was a ten minute walk from reception . I did tell the young man on reception why we were staying in hotel. The shower in our room was terrible. I had to dry the floor with a bath towell. It was flooded after my shower. I didn't want my husband to fall. I've never complained about accomadition before. I stayed there when it was the Clarion.

The chicuzi was lovely. The showers were dirty In the changing rooms. The supervisor on reception was very helpful and pleasant. Waiting staff in bar were lovely. Very efficient service but didn't come back to inquire about our meal or our comfort.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Friendly, fresh and homely

The staff were all so friendly from the first point of contact, an outstanding experience well done. We ate in the bar and the young ladies who served us way lovely. Just a wonderful experience thank you

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Value for money

The bar serving evening meals on Sunday was very busy and seemed understaffed. One of our meals was cold when served. Breakfast was fine but it would have been nice if the plates for the buffet breakfast were hot. Staff were excellent and very friendly .

Check in and checkout was very efficient. Staff throughout the hotel were very helpful and friendly. On site car park.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Good food in the bar and very friendly and helpful staff.

Cleanliness slightly down as a couple of areas in the room/bathroom that were a little dirty/marked - generally good, just slightly below par though.

Good food in the bar and very friendly and helpful staff. Good facilities

Very nice and relaxing
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast buffet cold and overcooked. A bit limited. It would be nice to have pancakes on the menu and poached eggs and bagels with cream cheese... all simple additions. All the grill food is too bland and heavy. Fruit and bread nice though.

Gusto restaurant great food and service Swimming pool very clean and good size facility. Friendly staff especially on reception

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Adequate - but by no means a luxury hotel. Avoid it if you are on a gluten free diet.

The shower was poor. I am a coeliac and on the night of check in there was no gluten free option on the menu. They 'reduced' one of the options on the meny to remove the wheat. For breakfast no gluten free bred was available.

The bed was comfortable - car patking facilities are good

Bathroom was very OK.

The room was mildly unclean, cigarette smell, not well light, very dark, cracks wall and peeled paints at the edge of door, ugly sight, television permanently tuned to RTE 1, remote not working, too much low quality furniture. Constant noise from motorway. Not relaxing hotel but may suit transit customer. It wasn't a comfortable stay and little value for money.

Bathroom was very OK. I enjoyed the shower. It's nice and clean.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

The bedrooms were clean & comfortable and the staff were...

Food in Gusto's restaurant was okay but the atmosphere was terrible. The bar area did not have enough seats and was more like a cafe than a comfortable place to relax and have a drink There was also quite a few young children in the bar area after 9pm which is not really acceptable.

The bedrooms were clean & comfortable and the staff were friendly & helpful. Breakfast was good with plenty of variety.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Lovely hotel staff very nice great location
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Didn't like that there is no famiky changing rooms at swimming pool. And the staff at breakfast very slow to clear tables the she was out door when there was a lot of tables free just not cleared off.

When I got to room there was box chocolates and a note to welcome us very impressed thank you

• Double Room with Single Bed

We had a family room which I didn’t book and the noise coming through the doors from the rooms was terrible. I got a price to stay of 184.95 and I got charged a n extra 50 and 163.45 which totaled at around 390 euros and I didn’t realize that until I checked my online banking. Not good enough at all. For breakfast we were hushed into the bar and the food was everywhere one corner toast and tea other corner fruit salad and everyone was running into each other no organization

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

So comfortable and clean , checked in by a lovely gentleman...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Ate in the Italian, had made a reservation for 4 adults and 6 children, given 2 separate tables. Food and service was very lacking. Cold chicken wings, no dip with one starter when we asked the waitress she said there was no dip with it even though it clearly said dip on menu, burnt children’s pizza, pizza and chips ordered for kids pizza came with starters and chips came with mains, no dressing on salads, inedible desserts. Restaurant manager who thought he was funny but was actually very rude. We were not charged for the food we complained about but we would rather have paid full price for an enjoyable dinner, very disappointing

So comfortable and clean , checked in by a lovely gentleman who was very helpful with dinner reservation and directions

4.0
    I would actually prefer a refund since we went there to sleep and actually got no sleep at all :(

I specifically requested a quiet room few times on booking.com the hotel said perhaps they didn't actually receive this information anyway I double checked when at the reception collecting room key and was told yes indeed it was a quiet room. IN THE MIDDLE OF A CORRIDOR on the GROUND FLOOR with doors banging all night, the room too hot, only one towel in the room for shower, and then on top of all this charged for parking, breakfast, no energy for the use of the swimming pool.

Iwas promised voucher for next time and see nothing on my email as of date.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

The personalised welcome letter, the complementary water and...

Only one chair and no table in our double room

The personalised welcome letter, the complementary water and chocolates and 10% off in Restaurant. Very friendly and helpful gentleman at Reception when we arrived after late flight into Dublin Airport.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Absolutely perfect

Great price. Extremely comfortable beds. Hotel spotlessly clean throughout. Massive selection for breakfast. Great location. Couldn’t recommend the hotel high enough. We love staying here.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

Disapointing; facilities and service had been better in the past.

Original room had faulty doors and was freezing; we had to wait more than an hour for a substitute room. This was also very cold and we had to request a heater which as slow in coming. Staff weren't terribly interested....

Convenient location; spaciousness of apartment.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

I was a bit dissapointed that paying overnight guests still...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I was a bit dissapointed that paying overnight guests still need to pay the daily rate for the underground onsite carpark. I can understand a charge is generally enforced to prevent non guests from abusing the facilities but if you pay for a bed, you should get the parking ticket validated and offered complimentary parking. As the hotel is located on the outskirts of Dublin with only local public transport, most guests staying here will use their own car for transport

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

The beds and pillows were really comfortable and the...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Ordered food in the bar , one person got there's and the other was waiting for an hour and a half.

The beds and pillows were really comfortable and the gentleman serving us at breakfast was really friendly .

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Did what it said on tin
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room too warm. No biscuits with the complimentary tea and coffees. No non alcoholic beer at the bar.

Nice breakfast and plenty of it, good stretch of time 7.30 to 10

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

The entire hotel is beautiful and the be staff were amazing...
    • Double Room with Single Bed

Very small issue but breakfast potatoes were very bland.

The entire hotel is beautiful and the be staff were amazing especially Tracey in the bar! Amazing waitress and fantastic personality to match! The hotel is literally beside Liffey Valley which is a massive bonus

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

The pool and sauna were nice.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The food in the restaurant was terrible and we all left hungry..also an alarm started going off in our room at 4.30am until we left at 9am when I reported it to reception nothing was done and I got no satisfaction from them..my daughter was trying to sleep before she ran in a big race the following morning and this noise made it impossible to rest properly..i won't be back

The pool and sauna were nice..the room was lean but quite basic for a 4 star hotel

The staff were amazing!
    • Double Room with Single Bed

The staff were amazing! We would definitely stay here again! The room was lovely and very clean! From the minute we got to the door the staff were very welcoming and when we were leaving to go to the game the girl at reception called to my son to enjoy the game and asked him how was the game the next morning! I could not fault the staff or the hotel in any way

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Great rooms, child friendly, lovely gusto restaurant and will definitely go back
    • Executive King Suite

I found the level of service and general dinning area of the bar very poor in comparison to the restaurant. The menu was limited and not great tasting. It was also very cold. The other restaurant just had a better approach and were more on their game.

The service from the bar/restaurant manager was amazing. His name was Kevin as was truly outstanding

Poor

Staff

Staff were very unfriendly, when we arrived at 3:45 to the hotel we were informed our room wasn’t ready and could not give an answer on when it would be ready, manager very rude and in professional, after travel for 3 hours I expected more from hotel staff

Average

The showers in the room are SO bad! Considering the cost of the hotel and it's star rating I would expect a proper show head. One that is adjustable is basic this day and age. The hot water is also not great, never really get fully hot.

staff are the best part of this hotel, they are so nice.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Excellent little hotel - will be staying here again
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The location was perfect for family visiting from the West. The staff were very helpful and friendly and even made us some toast for the kids in the evening when we got back from the event.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

The staff were extremely helpful, in particular Eoghan at...

The staff were extremely helpful, in particular Eoghan at check in who was very welcoming and friendly which was lovely to meet after a long day, and William in the bar who went above and beyond, definitely the best Barman I have ever encountered. The bed was so comfortable, luxurious. Also the guy on breakfast in the morning was very friend and helpful.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Great value for money for a family of 4.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

It's was a little noisy (slamming doors)

Great value for money for a family of 4. We stay here often as we have to stay in dublin with crumlin hospital visits with my girls. We are always well fed from a lovely breakfast in the morning. Rooms are good size too.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Not a hotel I'd stay in by choice.

There was a big line at check in time, even though it was late in the evening. Breakfast was a disaster. Firstly, there was a massive queue into the restaurant. (30 mins waiting) That was fine but once we got in for breakfast there was loads of empty tables as there was no staff around to clean up. And there was nothing much left for breakfast even though there were at least 20 people behind us in the queue.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Beautiful hotel in great location. Had a welcome letter stating we were customers of the day so got 10% off in the restaurant and chocolates and water in the room which was a lovely treat.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Regular visitor
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Lift from carpark up to reception was out of order, we had child in pram and wasn't practical up and down outdoor steps to get in. I had also booked one night originally and emailed to add a second night which caused some amount of confusion which I didn't understand. I specified in email that I wanted to make our stay 2 night instead of 1 and even after the email and a phone call the night prior to arrival, there was still confusion upon arrival and I was asked to return to reception the next day to have keys to our room re allocated, even though it was same room. Very confusing and felt unnecessary.

Great rooms, great pool, great breakfast , great location

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Room was very hot, but apart from that it was comfortable.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Would be a bonus if parking for overnight guests was included

Room was very hot, but apart from that it was comfortable. Lesisure facilities were good.

Not worth the money

The evening I stayed, the restaurant was closed and the bar was only serving the “lunch menu” so my dinner was a bowl of soup. After I had ordered dessert, I was told they didn’t have any of my choice. The staff seemed ill informed and not particularly helpful. The breakfast was below average and not worth the money. Wouldn’t stay here again.

The hotel was clean and close to Liffey Valley shopping centre which was handy

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Great value, lovely staff, great breakfast, would stay again.

Check in was quick with a very helpful member of staff. Room was cold so reported it to receptionist who apologised and said she would sort it out, The room was warm when I returned an hour later. Breakfast was excellent, great variety and good quality food. Check out was quick and hassle-free.

not happy..queing 2 times and room not ready

The room wasnt ready on arrival...so i went to bar had a pint and some food..went back to reception an hour later..had to que a second time..20mins approx each time and the room still wasnt ready..not abit happy with there service!

not much...the room wasnt ready on arrival...so i went to bar had a pint and sone food..went back to reception an hour later..had to que a second time..20mins approx each time and the room still wasnt ready..not abit happy with there service!

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Overall poor experiance due to being charged twice
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I got charged twice for our stay at the hotel! Prior to our arrival i requested a cot in the room and when we arrived it wasnt in the room so i had to request one again!

Breakfast was beautiful

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Very accommodating
    • Double Room with Single Bed

There were a couple of hairs on the pillows, nothing major and in the bathroom the toilet had a slight leak and the shelf in the bath was hanging off the wall. Nothing major.

I loved the beds. Definitely the most comfortable beds I’ve slept in in a hotel. The room was a good size and had plenty of space to work, I was staying to complete an exam at a local university. I asked the staff at the desk for extra milk as I would be up late studying and they immediately dropped this to the room and it was plentiful.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

No Hot Water!

Room 358 window does not close, the room was not serviced, no hot water one morning

Parking garage, location good, hotel did offer to sort out the next reservation

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Would stay here agsin
    • Double Room with Single Bed

Bed was a little lumpy and uncomfortable

It was very busy the night we stayed and breakfast was hectic however staff were extremely efficient and helpful. Also very warm welcome at reception.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

I will be looking to stay somewhere else in future.

No hot water (cold/lukewarm) for a shower in the morning, same happened the previous time I stayed there. Elevator from car park to reception didn't seem to be working when I arrived.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

I did not ask for a wake up call at 8 in morning by children...

I did not ask for a wake up call at 8 in morning by children screaming. And I did not ask to share my room with about 20 kids. My god children screaming. Opening and closing there doors. I book a night away to relax. And this is what I got instead.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

great stay and reasonable price

hate having to pay for parking when staying at a hotel, should not be needed. A hotel should provide parking as part of the deal unless doing a park and fly deal

great bed and perfect location for us

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

The coffee made by Gabriella was the best coffee I ever got...

I didn't like that our room had an inter connecting door. We were able to hear the goings on of the people in the other room. The service in The Globe on Saturday evening was very poor even though it was not that busy. We waited ages to get a menu, we waited ages to place our order, my partner had to get up to go to the bar to order drinks because nobody came to the table. The chips I ordered with my meal didn't arrive, I had to get up to ask for them. It was also very cold in this area.

The coffee made by Gabriella was the best coffee I ever got in any hotel. The leisure facilities were fantastic, great sauna, steam room and jacuzzi and super clean.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

This hotel offers good food and good sized rooms.

It is a very busy hotel and at times noisy and impersonal but that’s not the accommodations fault!

The room was enormous and the bed extremely comfortable. It was the perfect location for working at the Hermitage Medical Centre, it only took 10 minutes to walk.

Happy visitor

Rooms were chilly in the evening but were very hot during the night

Lovely breakfast, really helpful staff and it was very clean. Very friendly with kids.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

The location was great for my trip.

I had to wait 10 minuets to get back my cash deposit after checking out which was not ideal. Car park ticket machine was wot working when I went to leave the car park and when I pressed the button for help there was no answer. I phoned reception to tell them about the problem and there was no answer here either. I had to leave my car and walk back up to the reception to inform the hotel staff of the problem. This problem didn't seem to come as a surprise to the hotel staff. Maybe its something the hotel should look at fixing. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

The location was great for my trip.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Perfect stay, will be back!
    • Executive King Suite

We always stay here with the kids. They love the pool and the big breakfast. It's also walking distance from Liffey Valley shopping centre. The food in the resturant is great also.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Good value
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We needed a room with 2 double beds but got a room with a double and 2 singles. Changed rooms only to be given a room with just 1 double bed. Got sorted quickly and took original room. People in room next door were extremely noisy during the night

Staff were friendly, great location

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Not recommending at all

Got a family room, the double bed is annoying because it's a combination of 2 single beds put together instead of 1 double bed. The linings of the 2 single beds were annoying at our back, couldn't sleep together beside my husband. Have to sleep at the end of the bed.Had a sleepless night. Hairdryers on the 2 rooms are not working. Asked for separate dryer to be brought up but took so much time, wasted more than half an hour for a dryer. Bath tub drainage not flowing continuously. Water lodged in the tub while having a shower.

Just the accessibility to Liffey Valley Shopping centre

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Very relaxing and I will definitely stay again.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I asked for tea with my breakfast twice from the same member of staff in the restaurant in the morning and I never got it. I gave up then because it was time to leave.

The man on reception at check in was the nicest most helpful member of staff I have dealt with in any business for quite a while. His name was Kevin and I commend him for excellent service.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

restaurant

room not cleaned very well, found mens boxers under curtains...bathroom wasnt well cleaned..hair in shower. very noisy, rang reception 3 timed between 1 and 3am ...nothing done about the noise.

restaurant

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Terrible.
    • Double Room with Single Bed

front desk staff was indifferent and lack of hospitality. Owen simply told us that check in time was at 3 pm. He did not even offer to check us in a little early by saying if the rooms were ready. Later Haleigh checked us in and we asked for extra pillows. Waited for 2 hours and called front desk to inquire. It took another hour to get those pillows. Also ate at the restaurant. The Malaysians fried rice was horrible. The rice was undercooked or cooked with insufficient water. The server was very kind and offerred to replace it. We reordered the curry dish. But the white rice was the same. Hard, grainy and powdery. I was shocked that the cook who didnt know how to prepare the basic ingredient such as cooking rice. Or he/she could care about what goes out to the guests. The hotel was noisy with guest at 244 slamming the doors throughout the night. Told Owen about this. Not sure he related this to his manager. When I was checking out, there was a VIP guest complaining about her stay. It was pretty bad. I think the receptionist Comped her stay because it was terrible.

The bed which is comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

5.5
    disappointed

The bed was not made up until 6pm. Even at that we had to go out into the corridor and request a member of household to make the bed. The towels had not been replaced either and the coffe cups had not been washed.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Lovely hotel with nice facilities.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast was good but tea and coffee was not self serve and took a long time to get a pot of tea brought to the table. Checking out was fine but the reception area is not very large and has a big staircase in the middle of it. With a lot of people in the area, it seemed very cramped and noisey. Also it is a long way out of the city.

The facilities were good and the room was lovely. The bar and staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Very poor customer service disappointing
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Terrible staff awful service in bar restaurant and at reception. Quite rude..was told I might have to pay extra to get jug of water sent to the room. Staff in bar didn't know what time food stopped at had to ask many times to be served ridiculous queues at breakfast because staff weren't bothered to clear tables. Staff didnt appear to know what they were doing. Very often when asking for something we were told ill get someone to get that for you...

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Friendly staff, good breakfast, nice size room.

Queue for breakfast

Friendly staff, good breakfast, nice size room. I was able to prepay for the room, which meant we could just drop off the key when we left.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Functional clean, ok if you dont need help with anything.
    • Double Room with Single Bed

breakfast disaster area. The least that could be done is to assign staff to x amount of tables.

It has been some time since I stayed here but as before the breakfast is a disaster area. Staff are not organised. There seemed to be plenty of staff around but all buzzing about and nobody dealing with the actual customers. I found it hard to get someone to bring me coffee and when i did get it I had to smell the cup to see if it was tea or coffee it was that weak!

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Staff were very good , very helpful.

Ground floor room. People outside window talking to quite late. Lift has also broken down

Staff were very good , very helpful. Location was fine. Food was delicious both dinner and breakfast

Below par.

Bar and restaurant were freezing cold. We couldn't bare it so ate in room, which smelt of fish/burning light fitting...? 2 single beds pushed together does not work very well as a double. Lumpy in middle, rookie mistake and disappointing.

Good location, food was nice.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

it was fine and I will stay here again, I do frequently for work and have find it much better when q
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Service was very slow in the restaurant, it was very understaffed. I think the focus overall in the hotel is get numbers in rather than customer satisfaction. The room was quite nice though, albeit with blown light bulbs and a nosy fridge.

Fitness Center showers weren't that clean, cnetre itself is fine, and I don't think it was the staffs fault, just they were overwhelmed by the number of people.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Room beds and cutlery’s were not clean.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room beds and cutlery’s were not clean. Also bathroom shower was-pathetic. Not at all recommend this Clayton hotel. Other Clayton hotels are nice and upto mark.

Will never be back

The staff were very poor with their understanding of our financial situations during check in. Our room was about 3 mile from reception and took an age to get to. The bar was very limited and with a poor atmosphere throughout. Having to pay for parking was also very disappointing

The room for very cosy and clean

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

large hotel, good facilities.

i really dislike having to pay for parking in big hotels. plenty of space available and the hotel cost can be pricey enough (€320 for 2 nights, 1 person)

large hotel, good facilities. close to massive shopping centre

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

I was given a letter, chocolates and sparking water as a...

I was given a letter, chocolates and sparking water as a welcome gift, everyday a guest is picked for a treat, lovely idea and very welcome when your exhausted

We Price Match