2. Ireland hotel reviews
  3. Dublin County hotel reviews
  4. Dublin hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge

Reviews of Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Merrion Road, D4 Dublin, Ireland

#90 of 153 hotels in Dublin

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

Wonderful hotel stay for Christmas shopping trip
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Nothing, will absolutely stay here again

I had booked two rooms for 4 adults, my 12 year old daughter was a last minute addition. When we went to check in we were warmly greeted by Caoimhe, I explained about my daughter.. Nothing was a problem, she was very helpful and professional which was very much appreciated. Later we ate in the bar. Our party consisted of 3older ladies,(80s)myself and my daughter. One of the older ladies picked off the children's menu as she isn't a great eater. Carolina was wonderful and didnt cause a fuss..We had a beautiful chicken and prawn noodle dish, pizza, burgers and a kids sausage n chips.. All were very tasty and well presented and nicely priced.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

The bed was very comfy, all the facilities and accessories...
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Room is dated and not in keeping with the modern upgrade of the rest of the hotel but i presume this is in the overall plan to renovate the hotel fully eventually. Need usb port in rooms nowadays also.

The bed was very comfy, all the facilities and accessories provided good standard no complaints

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

The hotel is nice with a hip bar and a great breakfast...

The doors slam very hard and it’s easy to hear when a neighbour comes back to their room. Also, it was difficult to find filtered/bottled water in the hotel.

The hotel is nice with a hip bar and a great breakfast buffet. It’s clean and has a nice atmosphere.

Located near DART.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Bar service was very slow. Always missing ingredients for cocktails and closed early for a hotel.

Located near DART. Easy to get to city centre. Quiet, comfortable clean rooms. Large choice of room types.

Very comfy bed, nice shower
    • Executive King Room

Couldn’t get the heating to work properly and cleaner was very very lazy, each day not doing both coffee cups and glasses also very tight with the milk Most days the packets of biscuits were all broken

Very comfy bed, nice shower

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Parking good rate for overnight.
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

No herbal tea or chocolate option. Room in top floor hall area cold. Bathroom had low shelf not suitable to bending No body lotion this time. Slower water slow to clear whilst showering. Staff a bit aloof...(as if they were important not the customer)

Parking good rate for overnight. Room comfortable Breakfast good value

Beautiful inside.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Loud due to Christmas parties and also quite a bit further out than I thought so spent a lot on transport into the city

Beautiful inside. Rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable

Not what I was expecting
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Room was very cold. Upon check in the receptionist said he was going to give us a room with 2 double beds instead of a double and a single. The upgrade was in the basement looking out the window at the drain pipes. Too tired to request a move. Also the cost of the carpark. Paid 12 Euro for overnight and 9.20 on the day of arrival so very expensive

Staff were very friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Had to pay for parking at hotel even though we were...
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Had to pay for parking at hotel even though we were residents of hotel for two night. Cost us 12€ per night. This was an additional charge on top of room rate. Pillows were extremely hard to sleep on in room.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

The public areas of the hotel were really nice and modern.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Rooms were a little old fashioned but to be fair were very clean and comfortable for the amount of time you spend in a hotel room. Breakfast was a little frantic and the staff seem under pressure but there is a good choice of food

The public areas of the hotel were really nice and modern. Great location, walking distance to town but also have the choice of public transport right on the door step

• Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Parking charges €12! Didn’t realize this was extra until after I had booked. The bar area seating looked nice but was uncomfortable, also it was all very open with no privacy

Room was very clean.
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Check in was awful, computers were down, staff were Curt. Delayed by at least 30mins When we eventually got booked in I phone reception for a taxi as they had said to do. Four times I tried with no answer. Went down and no taxis avaliable and no apologies. Staff in bar were friendly but very disorganized we waited ages for our food then got one meal and had to wait at least 5-6mins for the second meal. Noise during night from music so hard to sleep

Room was very clean. Breakfast was lovely and staff were great at breakfast service. Check out was easy and much nicer staff on reception

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

A GREAT OPTION AND BEAUTIFUL HOTEL.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

The one sad thing is that the staff are all very unhappy. It was mentioned to me a number of times. My waiter told me not to add a tip to my meal and drinks, in their FABULOUS bar and Restaurant, because he said he didn't much if any of it. I took that to mean that he was unhappy and took what he said with a grain of salt....until two more employees said that they were planning to leave because the management treated them like garbage and that they were losing self-respect by working there. Management should definitely look into why all their staff are unhappy because I don't want to feel like the people who work for the hotel are mistreated.

This hotel blew my expectations away. The Photos on Booking.com don't do it justice....I was expecting a dowdy business hotel that I got because it was cheap. I was blown away by the quality of the hotel, the new renovations, the rooms, everything.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Comfortable hotel for all with excellent transport links.
    • Deluxe Family Room

Need to consider waiting times re service in food/ drink areas.

We were visiting RDS for the Gifted design event and the hotel was ideally situated within few minutes walk. Easy transfer to & from airport using the relevant Aircoach (no.703 every half hour at time of our stay) which drops off & picks up just in front of hotel. 4 min walk to Dart Station which gave easy & quick access to centre of Dublin. Hotel was very welcoming, quite (we had a family room) and had excellent comfortable bar/lounges. Staff were friendly yet still very efficient and the reception area was well manned. Really enjoyed our stay and made our visit to Dublin easy & relaxing even though we shopped til we dropped.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Attractive building and easy to find.
    • Deluxe Family Room

Would prefer firmer pillows.

Attractive building and easy to find. Reception staff were professional, friendly and efficient. Hotel beds were comfortable and rooms clean. Very pleasant stay and would select this hotel again. Was allowed to leave my car in the car park after check out to allow us to shop in the city. Wonderful touch.

Handy location
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

We couldn’t get parked despite the fact we were guest checking in to stay. Staff not helpful Manager extremely rude Long queues to check in Room very small

Handy location

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Yes, superb breakfast, excellent selection of diary and...
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Yes, superb breakfast, excellent selection of diary and first class full Irish. Quiet room, nice staff, good festive decorations, excellent bed and sufficient toiletries, the instructions on use of shower mechanism an excellent idea and should be standard in all hotels! newspaper, great location for visit to RDS "Gifted" Fair. I have stayed (formerly Bewleys) many times in the past and attended the Travel Dept Garden Holidays launch.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Good day enjoy it but expensive
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Paid €232 in total and breakfast not included. I found that a bit much and I think that's the general view point on all Dublin hotels. Too expensive not worth it. You paid the same for hotel europe in killarney but that's worth the money.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Pleasant base for weekend in Dublin
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

A bit too far out of city centre but we availed of taxis and bus

Helpfulness of staff, especially Imelda and Mary Rose at reception. Spacious interior and quiet ambiance

Location is excellent.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Paying for parking at a hotel car park is very annoying 😡 outside of hotel is lovely as is the areas they have done up. Rooms are out dated and in need of modernisation.

Location is excellent. We ate in the restaurant and food was food there

Wonder 1st anniversary had by the Gallen's in the Clayton
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

I haven't anything to say as everything was delightful, no complaints at all, 100% would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Dublin it was so easy to find as well.

the hotel room was better than our honeymoon suite!!! we went to a concert for our first wedding anniversary and was delighted with the location the venue and the staff, everything was delightful, no complaints at all, 100% would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Dublin it was so easy to find as well.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Stay across the road at the other hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Very poor customer service. No quality control. Forget to makeup room. Room service food very late and very cold. Window broken so very loud wind noise. Management had no interest in providing me with an apology. I emailed a formal complaint they didn't even respond to that.

Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Location was good.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Staff not overly friendly. Extra charges to park car. Cost rather high. Shower curtain very outdated.

Location was good. Room comfortable. Good supply of toiletries body lotion etc.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

stayed many times before and will continue to do so
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

nothing really to dislike - been many times before - beds comfortable - decoration a bit drab in rooms but love the hotel and will be back.

Have stayed here on and off for many years - love the building exterior and the large area outside the bar where there is plenty room to sit and have a pint/coffee. Staff were helpful - in getting a taxi on a wet night. Front of house areas newly refurbished. Staff helpful at breakfast.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Ideal for what i needed - unfortunate about the food
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

i ordered food and drink in the bar area. got my drink but unfortunately had to wait 40 minutes before I had to find my waitress and tell her to cancel the food order - we had no time left to eat as we were attending a concert - meant that we had to go out without a meal :( The waitress was very apologetic about this and I felt it wasnt her fault - a mix up in the kitchen, i'd say

The closeness of the hotel to a lot of venues was great and I found the staff I dealt with were wonderful

Good
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Restaurant were advertising €28 for a 2 course Meal so we booked but all had changed they had a pre Christmas menus when we sat down we complained so we got it for the original price so we were happy but if you didn’t complain you would be paying much more

Lovely rooms

Good location, clean rooms
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Had to ask to get moved at 1am coz of a party in the function room. Our room was located right above it and there isn’t any sort of sound proofing... you could hear the words to songs not just banging.

Good location, clean rooms

Great Location and breakfast
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Some building / painting work still going on No water in rooms - usually applicable in 4 star hotel TV channels not accessible

Breakfast Bar area Location

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Relaxed, comfortable stay in beautiful surroundings!
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Friendly helpful staff provided a quick check in. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Later at the bar the staff went out of their way to make dirty martinis for us. The setting and grounds are beautiful. Had a quick and easy checkout. Will be back!

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Good location. Refurb ongoing.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

We were given a room on the lower floor, called floor 1 but really basement level. No daylight got into the room. Felt like being underground. The corridor and areas leading to our room were unfinished, walls had writing on them with instructions for what was to be done. It was not pleasant walking to our room. The room itself was fine but felt unfinished...the refurb is ongoing but I think they should have at least finished it a bit more before using that floor.

The location is good. The renovation of the communal areas, bar restaurant etc is nice enough.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Beautiful building and surroundings, front desk helpful and...
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Mini bar was empty. The window was slightly open (works with a key) so room was never completely quiet. Minor flaw, slept extremely well thanks to high quality bed, pillows and duvet :)

Beautiful building and surroundings, front desk helpful and friendly. Room was comfortable and cleaned to perfection, I ended up cancelling my dinner plans and ordered room service instead.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

I will certainly include this as a preferred hotels I use in Dublin.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

There was some construction going on but that will finish and is only a temporary inconvenience. Wifi was free but I resorted to using my phone as a hotspot since applications were struggling with the hotel connection.

Interesting brick building from the 19th century. For me this was a great location since its about 30 minutes walk from the centre or to UCD. The value is very good for this kind of distance and if you enjoy walking in Dublin its well located. Good number of place to eat within walking distance or a short taxi ride. The hotel has significantly more parking than many and is fairly easy to get to approaching from the south side of Dublin.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Rooms were clean and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

. There was some renovations on going.... but really this wasn't an inconvenience, some of the decor in the bedrooms is dated

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff are friendly. Location is great

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Perfect bar the breakfast

We got a full Irish breakfast and 90% was stone cold

Everything bar the breakfast we liked the way the staff made sure we were comfortable in the room because my fiancés wheelchair couldn't fit in the first room so they tried another one she still couldn't fit so they tried a third room which was a family room and it was perfect she had a lot of room to move her wheelchair and even in the bathroom will definitely stay here again

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Nice hotel good room but breakfast service and bar service could do better
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Check in horrendous said they did not have one of our bookings Which they did find after some time but damage already done. Breakfast chaotic . Coffee took ages no one looking had to pysically get some one to take order. No explanation of service when seated . Buffet food not overly hot. Choice of food I. E pastries juices etc good. Sausages were deep fried so not very nice and scrambled eggs seemed synthetic. Such a shame. In the evening went down for a cocktail menus on the table when ordering told do not do them on match night and a wedding was on. Unbelievable as bar was not busy.felt they just did not want to do them. So went to another hotel bar that was packed and drank many cocktails.

Hotel was nice and in a nice area a little out of town but if you get dropped just before baggot stree grafton street is easily in walking distance. Bus stop right outside for airport and town

Good quality hotel.
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Scrambled egg was available in the buffet but no fried egg, which I prefer...just a very small issue.

Good hotel. Efficient check in and check out. Parking was available and reasonable at Euro 12 per day. Good buffet for breakfast.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Lovely staff, great ambiance at reasonable cost

The chips were cold !

I loved the hotel. Lovely Irish staff behind reception and the bar which makes such a difference in Dublin City. This hotel far surpassed the so called flag ship hotel in O Connel Street we stayed in the previous weekend and it was half the cost. The location was better for the Aviva stadium and the hole ambiance much better ***** HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Comfy beds, room nice size, great variety for breakfast

If you wanted something late to eat at night not the best procedure if you wanted to eat in the dining room Think this could be improved

Comfy beds, room nice size, great variety for breakfast Couldn’t find a fault

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Overall a very enjoyable stay
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

No hash browns for breakfast :-(

Beds very comfy! location excellent for rugby, RDS or Aviva, coffee at the Grandstand Bar was worth the drive to Dublin for!

Shockingly terrible
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Poor service both nights at the restaurant. We had to constantly ask for our orders and on the second night we weren't acknowledged. We had to get our own menus and were ignored when calling staff over. My room had ripped bedding which was inside out, my tea hadn't been replaced from the previous occupant and my towel had a blood stain which clearly wouldn't wash out. When I reported this via Twitter, I was ignored.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

The building is very impressive to look at, it is well laid...
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Disappointed to be given a disabled room, bathroom floor was very wet after showering,unable to use bathroom after unless boots where worn, also nowhere in bathroom to set toiletries or cosmetics, the adapted toilet seat for disabled use was very off putting, and it would have been nice to have had a soak in a bath after a energetic day out shopping, the food in the grandstand bar was limited choice, very basic and greatly overpriced, this ontop of children running along the corridor knocking doors to 11.20pm defenitely spoilt what was otherwise a great weekend in Dublin.

The building is very impressive to look at, it is well laid out inside, it is in a good location.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Great location to get the dart into Dublin, or a walk to the...
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

The staff were quite unhelpful a few times but the reception staff were very nice. Beds were very hard.

Great location to get the dart into Dublin, or a walk to the Aviva.

Mediocre
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Could have been more informative. No information on breakfast, check out times or where restaurant was.

While I made the mistake of thinking I had booked for two nights the reception was very helpful and understanding. It was my mistake, but she was patient and kind.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

On the whole very good. Good access to car park and pleasant staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Too much furniture in a smallish room. a table 2 easy chairs and a workstation chair. The result being there was little room to move about on that side of the bed. Also, no space to put luggage down on the floor. No need for an extra 3 chairs.

bed very comfortable

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Will 100% be staying again!

Nothing, very very happy

Loved every part of it, staff were so friendly and relaxed which I enjoyed, sometimes people are too formal! Clayton brought a nice balanced of professional but also a nice relaxing atmosphere

Disappointing, expected better
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Customer service was dreadful, everything was done in a hurry not at all welcoming or warm. When asked to be taken off breakfast as we had planned to leave early we were told we couldn't be refunded the cost of breakfast bluntly. The room was not what we had requested extremely small and not as described when the booking was made, terrible value for money.

Comfortable and good value
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Unfortunately it felt like all the staff were new to the job and struggled at times to understand English. They were helpful but struggling.

Very comfortable room, surroundings and bar. Secure parking. Good food.

5.6
    Convenient to the Aviva but otherwise only just about satisfactory.
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Staff while professional, they were not friendly. Car park is the tightest I've ever driven. Car park fee.

Location is near the Aviva. Parking is available.

Nothing really it was ok
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

When I went into the room 510 it was FREEZING LIKE ICE. The cover for the radiator was broken . The bathroom was freezing . No radiator or heat in the there . I turned in the heat for the radiator four hours later it started to heat barely. The room was adjacent to another with a connecting door . I slept with the single duvet from the spare bed and the double duvet and and an extra blanket to keep me warm 😩😩😩😩😩

Nothing really it was ok

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Reception staff were courteous and professional, the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast awful
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

The breakfast hot food was a little sad - the scrambled eggs were congealed and the sausages look deep fried. No server came to our table to offer tea and coffee - we had to ask someone. She responded with a monosyllablic grunt, vanished into the prep. area and arrived back with a pot of tea and one of coffee without having asked what we would like, and her manner was distinctly perfunctory.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Good value for money, very clean, great location, nice and...
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

No power outlets beside the beds; would prefer a shower door to a shower curtain.

Good value for money, very clean, great location, nice and generous tea/coffee facilities.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Overall very pleased with room comfort and professional service.
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

The shower control lever in the bathroom seemed to have only one possible position for a decent shower - anything a little Clockwise or Anti-Clockwise produced extremes of heat or cold. No possibility to fine-tune the temperature.

I enjoyed a comfortable stay in the Clayton Hotel highlighted by a prolonged sleep of 10 hours. The location was perfect for my needs, since I was attending an event in a hotel across the road. The early evening in Dublin on Friday was notable for a deluge of rain and traffic problems but the Clayton Hotel was an oasis of calm. Fine professional service from all concerned.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Nice comfortable hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Great staff, very helpful. Gave us early check in at no extra cost. Very convenient for Aviva, RDS etc. Bus passes outside the door for city centre. Great buffet.

Enjoyable
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Lifts very slow. Also on each occasion it took at least 5 attempts to get room key to work.enjoya

Location was great. Breakfast was good but felt it should have provided more egg choices e.g. fried or omelettes. Reception staff very helpful.

Not what I expected.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Room was not great. The ironing board fell off the wall when I arrived. The towels while clean were off white in colour. On one of the nights it was very noisy. It was next to impossible to get a taxi from reception. If I had been aware of this I would have made other arrangements but this caused me a lot of stress. I attended a function on one of the evenings in the restaurant and the food was excellent.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Substandard of a hotel of this price and star rating
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Room was not cleaned on 2nd day. Staff surly and unfriendly. No way of controlling the temperture in the room (it was cold) Charged for breakfast (which is not normal in Ireland or UK) - EUR13 for a slice of toast & cup of tea ?

Good location Well appointed rooms - comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Amazing building in a great location especially as we were...
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Amazing building in a great location especially as we were in Dublin for the Ireland vs All Blacks game. The staff were great and even gave us a free upgrade which was very much appreciated!

Room was clean although bathroom a little worn
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Room was not ready when we arrived at 3.45pm and we were told that we would have to wait 30 minutes to and hour for the room. In the end we had to wait 30 minutes but this is not acceptable regardless of how busy a hotel is. First receptionist we spoke to on check in was not helpful in the slightest- even tried to make out we had booked two rooms when our booking confirmation clearly stated one room. Then tried to pretend he was doing us a favour cancelling the second room we hadn’t booked. This is extremely sharp practice. The heating was extremely high such that the rooms we stifling. Other guests commented on this also

Room was clean although bathroom a little worn

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Food was very good and room was very comfortable and warm.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Some staff not very helpful in the restaurant and the breakfast room. Trying to get staff's attention is almost impossible to get service sometimes.

Food was very good and room was very comfortable and warm. Bathroom was spotless and hotel in a great location

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

The location is excellent and the staff is wonderful. The accommodations are unique and beautiful.
    • Deluxe Family Room

The hotel ran out of stamps which was a minor inconvenience

My sister hurt her leg and since the tub was high she could not use it. Upon request we were immediately moved to a handicap accessible room. This enhanced our stay greatly.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Thoroughly enjoyable, comfortable stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

My wife and I had a little city break, and it was just a tad too far from the city centre about 40 minutes walk, but it's a really minor thing.

Lovely hotel; couldn't complain about anything; clean, really helpful staff with good facilities.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

Comparatively good price in a good location.
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Door lock broken. Needed night manager to let us in. He did apologize.

Bed was comfortable. At check in was asked about my floor preference and gave me room with a view when I asked for it.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

Stayed 3 nights, stay here at least 4 times a year for a...
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

I choose this hotel for its location and coming for years and I'm sorry but I don't like your new dining room chairs. The arm rests are so low, they can't be used as arm rests. If using the car park, be very careful, the entrance turning is practically 90 degrees and very tight. I'm using it for years with no problem but this time I have scratched my back door trying to go around corner.

Stayed 3 nights, stay here at least 4 times a year for a couple of days. Dinner is tasty but a simple sandwich on evening menu would be great! Breakfast on final morning was very frustrating to say the least. Travelling alone, was shown a table, left my newspaper down on table and went to buffet breakfast, came back with water and fruit, newspaper gone!. Got up and got another newspaper, sat down, asked for tea and fried egg for breakfast. Got up to get cooked breakfast, came back, side plate for toast gone, got up again to retrieve side plate, sat down, water and mug gone from table. Asked for mug! Waited and waited! Reluctant to get up again in case anything else disappeared from table. After 5-7 minutes, got up again and went to front desk, asked for mug and my ordered fried eggs, told staff member that every time I got up, something disappeared from table. She laughed, I was not impressed and told her that I didn't find it funny, I had a full business day in front of me and this crap was delaying me. Sat down, mug came, a couple of minutes later, fried eggs came, so hard and cold, must have been waiting a long time to be collected. Food was fine but I was annoyed!

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

I liked the location and the breakfast was superb.
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

I liked the location and the breakfast was superb. The evening meal was particularly well presented with amazing flavours and textures. The menu has some real sophistication and exposes a talented chef.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Bed was comfy and the location is brilliant for any events...
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Rooms are nice but a little bit dated in comparison to the reception and restaurant area

Bed was comfy and the location is brilliant for any events in the RDS or Aviva Stadium.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Veeery good - super recommended!
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Room a bit smaller than expected but very clean and modern design.

Roberto and Gabriel extremely professional and welcoming at reception. Clean room and got a free update.

Birthday Night Away
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Difficulty parking Early closure of residents bar Finding previous guests dirty underwear in our room

Location. Rooms have been renovated since i last stayed

Patricia
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Cyayton hotel, Ballsbridge: I loved this hotel. Room was spacious and very clean. Staff very friendly. Great location. It is definitely 4 star hotel.

Disappointing, with such potential
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

The size of the room was very disappointing, apparently we were upgraded to a kingsize room, hard to believe there would be a a room smaller than the one we were in, 33 euros for breakfast in room and asked to pay on delivery, not very happy, wouldn't stay there again. Check in took forever, receptionist on another call while checking us in.

Bed very comfortable, room temperature good, great to be able to open a window.

Would probably stay again
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

The underground carpark is very poor, and was full by 3:30pm. We were then told to park on the street, we were lucky to get a space. Also did not like house keeping knocking on our door at 11:30, to 'check the rooms'. Bar staff were very slow to serve drinks.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable.

Room & hotel setting is very nice, staff were friendly
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

Even though we arrived at 3pm we could not get a room as none were available which was very dissapointing as we were attanding a function and needed to freshen up even though check in is advertised from 2pm. Later that night when we returned to the hotel our luggage was still stored at reception and not even brought to our room. We also looked for room service but were told it wasn't available.

Room & hotel setting is very nice, staff were friendly

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Nice atmosphere, great location, great parking,
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Room was very hot at night, variety in pillows would be great, personally it was too high and hard for me.

easy check in, rooms very quiet, nice coffee/snack bar downstairs, easy and good value overnight parking, easy access to town with DART and buses outside,

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Car park was over full had to go down and move car an hour...
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

Car park was over full had to go down and move car an hour after our arrival. We could hear every word spoken next door wall very thin.. Breakfast we were down at 10am breakfast was served until 11am that morning ..We were put out in a room on our own nobody came near us with tea or coffee we had to go looking for waitress . poor selection of food on offer and what we did get was cold .

Excellent location, excellent staff
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults Only)

The lifts are quite slow

Location was excellent, right next to a dart station for easy access the the city. Room was very clean and staff were super friendly and so accomodating. We arrived 4 hours early, we were checked in and our room was even upgraded upon arrival.

Nice Hotel, Good location
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Only)

I didn't like that we had to pay €12 to park on the hotel grounds.

Location is good if attending the Aviva Stadium. Bar food was excellent! We had a quick check in so no hanging around. Room was pretty big and shower was lovely. Over all a lovely hotel. Will consider staying here again when next attending the Aviva Stadium.

We Price Match