Reviews of Clonmel Park Hotel 4 stars

Cahir Road Roundabout, Clonmel, Ireland

#7 of 10 hotels in Clonmel

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

The spa was only beautiful and breakfast and staff lovely

We were at a wedding when we came back it was after two door was locked you had the ring a number to get the porter to get in which was ok if your battery wasn’t dead

The spa was only beautiful and breakfast and staff lovely

Staff on reception were very helpful and efficient.

The room was incredibly warm during the night even though the heat was not on. There was no ventilation system in ensuite.

Staff on reception were very helpful and efficient. Breakfast was a real treat with gluten free options which included coconut pasteries.

Would recommend it to all my friends, will stay again , get venue for entertainment and music nigh

Got breakfast delivered to the room , it was delicious, great service, got a front room, fabulous views, would stay again , a fabulous shopping centre right next door, within walking distance to the town

Relaxing. But decided not to use the restaurant after the first day

Breakfast was terrible. Staff couldn’t cope with numbers. Selection and quality of food was awful Not enough trained or experienced staff available in the restaurant

5.5
    The worst hotel experience in my life

Everything. The receptionist Louise was the rudest most horrible individual I have ever encountered. I requested earlier that we would like an early check in as we needed to change for a wedding. Arrived at 12.20 with my 87 year old mother with a walking aid to be told no room available. We all had to change in the wet floor in the leisure centre into our wedding clothes. Did not get to check in until 3am after the wedding. Absolutely horrific experience

Absolutely nothing

I requested a room to the front of hotel at time of booking...

I requested a room to the front of hotel at time of booking as last time we stayed to back of hotel and were kept away by dogs barking all night at a nearby halting site.

Rang ahead and asked for an early check in (12.

Rang ahead and asked for an early check in (12.30 pm) as we were hoping to get changed for a wedding, when we arrived we were gruntted at by the lovely Louise and told we could change in the public toilets or the leisure centre!! My 2 sisters, partner and 87 year old mother had the pleasure of changing in a wet leisure centre. After the wedding when I went to check in the night porter told me I had no booking even when I showed him my booking.com confirmation he wasn't too pleased to have to make a reservation and to top it all off when I went to pay, I was told my card wasn't working due to insufficient funds. Lovely hotel, appalling staff.

Overall a nice quiet hotel with lovely food and a handy location!

Bed is quiet small for two people. We had some issues with the toilet in our room. Water kept trying to refill so wouldn't flush a lot of the time. Only minors issues.

Situated just outside Clonmel town. Plenty around it like fastfood takeaways and cafe's. Hotel itself is lovely. The bar is to the side of the hotel so its really quiet where the rooms are which is a bonus. Food in the bar is really good! Told them it was my partners birthday and they had a box of chocolates and a little note left in the room when we arrived. That was a lovely touch! Overall a really nice stay.

Would stay again. Enjoyed my short stay. Convinent

Didn’t find the person at reception friendly at all. Never asked us when leaving was everything ok etc.

Breakfast was nice. Staff very helpful and friendly

The staff were brilliant especially the receptionist she was...

Breakfast buffet wasn’t great most of the hot food was cold and I was down at the beginning of breakfast, double bed in room was small and not great comfort wise but it wasn’t a bad experience by any means I did enjoy my stay and would stay here again!

The staff were brilliant especially the receptionist she was exceptional! Super helpful and friendly!

Everything was just ok.

Only one receptionist dealing with checking in and out at the busiest time of the year. Bedroom fixtures a bit tired looking and bathroom fairly basic for this standard of hotel.

Everything was just ok. Staff friendly and obliging.

Brendan in dining room very helpful and efficient at...

Bathroom door handle came away in.my hand leaving me locked in. Lucky my companion was still in room. Receptionist did apologise when I told her.

Brendan in dining room very helpful and efficient at breakfast

Wonderfully efficient and friendly staff especially Katrina...

Jacuzzi was not hot . No gluten free desserts or snacks.

Wonderfully efficient and friendly staff especially Katrina on reception and Katie in the dining room/ bar. Beautifully cooked and presented meals even when it was very late on Friday evening.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Nice staff and comfortable sleep in and good location

Not a good few overlooking travellers. Would rather walk in shower as bath too high. My partner is very tall man and felt it very low

Room comfortable and they had a fan which was good.

We had a nice stay but the items listed above would improve the experience

Food choice towards the end of breakfast service was limited. An order system at the end of service would prevent food waste

Room was good. No channels on the TV. A spacious shower cubicle for people with reduced mobility would be good.

Worth a visit. Great value

Bar / Restaurant staff are very pleasant it must be said however I have noted on several different visits that they are quite inattentive. You could be sitting for 10 -15 minutes before you are approached to see if you want a drink or food. When finished food i wanted another glass of wine but unless i was prepared to let a roar i was ignored. I could have gone up to the bar but i have a serious knee problem so i expect to be served. I tip well but not for poor service. I think most hotel restaurants are the same.

Cleanliness and comfort

We loved it & wished we could’ve stayed a second night .

There was no bathrobes or slippers in the room . Tv reception was poor at times . The bar only had one bottle of my favourite drink left 😳

We stayed in the Thurles Suite and we got an incredibly good deal .

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

A relaxing place to stay..

Everything was fine..

A great place to stay, close to where I needed to be. The hotel helped with my travel from the station which was much appreciated. The room was large and facilities were convenient.

The wonderful staff, especially Wojtech in the bar and the...

The musician in the bar on Saturday night 14/07 was atrocious, he emptied the bar!

The wonderful staff, especially Wojtech in the bar and the unflappable Rowena on Sunday morning breakfast- she's the epitome of grace under pressure.

The hotel was not very clean, the gym equipment was old and rusty, the bed and bedding were cheap and not not very comfortable

The receptionist was very friendly and helpful

The food in general wasn't great.

The food in general wasn't great. For dinner the "steak" was over done and very poorly presented and the buffet breakfast almost tasted stale. The rooms were extremely small and the whole hotel has no air con and in these temperatures a fam just doesn't cut it. The lobby, landings and rooms were like a sauna which made it very difficult for me to sleep and triggered my asthma.

Our second time staying here to visit family in Clonmel.

Our second time staying here to visit family in Clonmel. In the midst of a heatwave we were greeted with a smile, and offered a fan at check in which was dropped up to our room within minutes. A bottle of complimentary filtered water was provided in our room as we're tea / coffee making facilities too however we would have preferred if lighter bedding (even a flat sheet) has been provided as it was very hot even with the fan. We ate in the restaurant this time and my partner enjoyed her dish however I was a bit disappointed with the Thai curry I ordered which was more like a soup and I struggled to even eat half of it as it was tasteless and not enjoyable. Despite this I would overall recommend a stay at the Clonmel Park and look forward to returning :)

Staff friendly room v clean well presented

Surprised no coffee or tea in room also I forgot my phone charger and despite being advised in brochure it was not available from reception also when o took shower despite my best effort a lot of water was on the floor making it v sloppy and dangerous

Great place highly recommend

my only complaint (not really a complaint) was the lobby on the 3rd floor was roasting, but that really wasn't the fault of the hotel we stayed during the heatwave

Our room was nice, clean and comfortable. On arrival because it was our anniversary they had left us a lovely card and a box of lily o brien chocolates what a surprise.. The Breakfast had a hugh amount of choice and was lovely and hot. there was entertainment on all over the weekend in the bar. We both went for back, shoulder and neck massages they were lovely relaxing and felt great after it. What a lovely place to stay

Apart from air con, probably a business hotel where you arrive late and leave early.

No air con in bedroom and no fan. The one window opened only a slit. No comfortable for summer stays. Bedroom not well laid out.

Friendly staff. Modern public areas. Bedroom bright.

Average experience , jacuzzi nice , room missing kits

Buffet breakfast missing mini croissants , wheaten bread, mini Danish , for a four star hotel these extras should be displayed in buffet breakfast like any other hotels we've stayed on.

Perfect location to the town, clean and comfortable with lovely staff

Hotel, is lovely, with decent sized room, very clean however, I found the location of the work desk in the rooms to quite strange.

Friendly staff, perfect location and very clean. wifi was good too

luxury from start to finish

n/a faultless hotel

sheer and utter comfort from start to finish and excellent pint a coors served in bar as well as local trad session could not fault the park in any way shape or form

They need to sort out there heating system in the bedrooms

The heat in the bedroom on the first floor.Crazy and the staff could not regulate it.Did not sleep in the room far to Warm.

The leisure facility and the breakfasts.

Definitely not worth the value i would rate this hotel as a two star ( just about).Would not go back

The breakfast was extremely disappointing with no eggs left on the servers.The bacon was in the server for awhile and quite hard. All the hash browns were gone along with the black and white pudding.There was some scrambled egg left however it was gone after two people had taken some and was not replaced while we were waiting .After about 20 minutes of no replenishment I asked my server for some more of all the above to be replenished at which time i got two eggs and two bits of hash brown. A duty manager had checked the food table and covered all of the empty serving dishes and did not replenish any of them.

The room was average with view over the car park.Quite loud floor above us and lots of noise throughout the night.

Short and Enjoyable

Dressing Table sticking out on the floor - had to go around it to get into the Bathroom!

Clean, Comfortable, Good Food, Great Staff and plenty of car parking.

Should have stayed longer

No dislikes

The surrounding countryside up and around Fethard in particular not to be missed. also Swiss Cottage. Would return to explore the area further

A conveniently located hotel but incredibly inconsistent standards were a disappointment

The fact that 5 evenings out of 7 this '4 star' hotel has no operating dining room. The 'bistro' at the dark end of the bar consists of unimaginatively arranged tables and being devoid of ambience is no substitute and resembles a café. The tables are shabby; they should be either replaced or covered with table cloths. Hopefully it was just the day I was there but everything in the bar / bistro needed a good clean. The carpet had bits of food all over it !

Everything and everyone on the hotel side of the door to the bar !

Sadly wouldn't stay again.

Overall not a 4 star hotel as far as non business guests are concerned. Yes it has a pool but the rooms were average,the housekeeping was hit and miss: no replacement shower gel, no clean cups and saucers- one clean, but one half full cup missed. Also, one new, clean glass and one empty glass missed. TV was rudimentary/ basic. Rooms on one side(ours included) overlooked a traveller's site with dogs barking throughout the night, not the hotel's fault but does mean you can't open the bedroom windows for air without the noise, so impacts the quality of stay. Food not great in the bar, so we didn't try the restaurant and we were glad we didn't pay €15 per person to try the breakfast either.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Supplied a fan when heard we were hot in the room.

Ideal for an overnight stay.

Distance from town was a half an hour walk but taxis are available from hotel.

Breakfast was good. Ample parking outside hotel. Staff accommodating & friendly.

Bit disappointed when we when into the bar at 10pm to find ...

Bit disappointed when we when into the bar at 10pm to find young children running wild around the place and had to wait over 10mins to check out as there was only one staff member on to deal with everyone.

Very nice Place, People and Area.

l booked the hotel through Booking.com l did not have any problems, everything went fine,but if l had booked straight through the hotel as the couple we were traveling with did, it would have worked out cheeper, my fault l should have payed more attention to what l was booking.

The Hotel was a very good choice, and if l were in that area again l would choose The Clonmel Park again, it met all needs plus more .

Good for business travel

Asked for quiet room away from elevators but got put right next to elevator. Not good when people returning late at night

Good location, good parking, staff attentive, clean and tidy. Good wifi

Location , nice breakfast good price

Very basic. Not a 4 star. Stains on cups. Dirty carpet between foyer and bar. Small tv in room. Shower bath only.

Location , nice breakfast good price

Relaxing,enjoyable,and fun

Nothing.It was perfect

The property was spotless,and comfortable.The staff were fantastic,and friendly.The leasure centre was spotless.The food was beautiful. I will be back again.Saturday night entertainment was by Mad Patsy.brilliant,and funny.Great stay.THANK YOU

Comfortable room. Very good gym and leisure centre.

I enjoyed my stay. The TV needs upgrading. Very small and not able to angle it towards where you are sitting. This is a very small complaint though - otherwise everything was great.

Nice accommodation, Breakfast not fantastic.

Breakfast wasn't great. The hot breakfast was cooked well in advance and kept warm but was not appetising. The fresh fruit bowl was empty.

Rooms were nice, and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Place was very clean and pleasant overall.

Disappointed because of the service and the cold in the bar.

The staff were not very friendly we ate in the bar one night and once we were served our food no member of the staff came back to see if everything was ok i actually had to get up and get the staff attention to order dessert also the bar was hot one minute and then cold this was not a one off as we had a drink in the bar every night and it was the same every night.We ended up having to get taxes downtown to eat and drink because of the poor service and the cold in the bar.When we check out on Sunday i wasn't even asked was everything ok or did i enjoy my stay the receptionist just took the payment and said have a nice day.

The room was warm and the bed was comfy and the location was good.

Happy on arrival, Dissapointed on departure.

Not getting a refund for a breakfast that I didn't get because the breakfast room was very full. Waited 10 minutes for a table. I had to improvise and get a tray to carry a pot of tea to my room. No knives and forks for food. So no breakfast...

Stayed numerous times have to forgive this one occasion,

Breakfast a disaster short staff im guessing as everything was gone at one stage and this was early in morning,Not cheap as a festival was starting in that area the following morning ,but regular customers will no longer be, if cost go up and service down,

Free car and leisure center,

Awful and very bad value for money, will never go there again

Noise, very loud thumping music until middle of night, followed by loud talking in corridor, hardly got any sleep. Then chaotic breakfast. No clean tables, no cutlery, no glasses.dirty floor. Awful and very expensive

Bed comfortable

Perfect , couldnt fault it !

The Carvery lunch was delicious , the receptionist was very nice & helpful & even gave us a late checkout 1 pm . Will definitely return , our room was perfect .

Good but not great

Not cheap. Restaurant menu good but food average and not cheap. I don't like booking a room and paying extra for spa and pool if I am not using them

Great location and facilities

Wonderful and I would stay there again. Thanks to all.

The room was a little too warm and the shower gel was low. Also, there were no shower hats - perhaps, an oversight and easily remedied.

The breakfast was excellent and the scrambled eggs were the best I have ever tasted, creamy, flavoured with parsley and just wonderful. The choice was excellent also, with cold meat, cheese, fresh croissants, super porridge etc. Also, fresh bottled water in the room with glasses was very welcome.

The Hotel is recommended

Large party happening when we arrived so very busy and had to wait for service, the food selection poor in the bar area. Breakfast excellent with good choices but expensive compared to the town prices

staff always friendly, rooms are clean

Not nice, carpets need a deep clean

When I explained to Reception about TV and shower I was treated like an old fool

TV not working. Unable to regulate the shower so both of us got scalded with v hot water. Breakfast not worth €15, bacon inedible. Carpet on landings very dirty

We e

Didn't like the shower in the bath as I nearly fell getting out of bath.It was a good experience.

The hotel was comfortable and staff were friendly.

not enough staff to deal with the breakfast rush in the...

not enough staff to deal with the breakfast rush in the restaurant. Had to ask for hot plates to put my breakfast on..also had to ask for more plates and cereal Bowls...staff were very pleasant but not enough staff on for a midterm week for the numbers dining at breakfast

Faulty towers feel in what looks like a modern hotel

Tvs not working in rooms. No alternatives offered. No discount offered. Bar understaffed. Waited 20 minutes for service prior to giving up

Location is good coming from Dublin for meetings. Ample parking is available free of charge.

Great hotel in a great town

The confusion over rates via them and Booking.com, not sure I will book via booking.com again

Good location, clean and very well kept and the staff were all very friendly.

Good value, good location, good service

The only 'risk' on a Saturday night is that there is often a lot of noise from other guests attending functions at the hotel, going on into the early hours, especially if they also book into the rooms overnight. There was a wedding party in on the 7th, when we stayed, so lots of people, children running around the corridors, loud conversations in the corridors, and slamming doors late into the night. This is not the fault of the hotel management but I sometimes wish there could be some sort of polite reminder to guests at functions to be considerate of ordinary hotel guests when going to bed late, to make as little noise as possible.

Room was nice, on quiet side of the hotel for less traffic noise. All room facilities were good, shower good, lighting good. Breakfast was very acceptable, good food choices available, plus choice of gluten-free items.

Staff is extremely friendly and helpful with local...

Really, nothing.

Staff is extremely friendly and helpful with local recommendations. Location convenient for visiting the local medical device companies.

Disappointed. Expected a higher standard. Also was charged more than booking.com rate despite having

Carpet on Room corridors is dreadful and urgently needs to be replaced - no amount of cleaning can disguise the worn tracks and not deserving of a 4 star. Residents bar uninviting. Breakfast not great - the toaster is antiquated and slow. They ran out of teapots and hot food was greasy and uninviting. Sorry about this review buts it's how it was. had to ask for receipt for payment and receptionist had to lead the desk and go to a back office to print it off and seemed a little annoyed at being asked ( guests ahead of us also asking for receipt .

Location. Reception area welcoming. quiet and no noise disturbance despite there being a wedding ( which we were not attending)

Kept awake till 4am with incredibly loud wedding disco and guests and no hot water for shower

Kept awake till 4am with horrendously loud wedding music and guests. Complained at 1.45am to night manager who told us we could move rooms but that the disco would be over by 2. Then the sound system broke down (probably because it was just far too loud). The bride then started arguing that the music ended before 2am so they got the music on again and played it till 3am even after several guests complained. Got 4 hours sleep when we had booked a night away especially to get a rest from 2 small babies. Left even more exhausted than when we arrived. To top it all off there was no hot water for a shower in the morning 😤

Hotel was fine but nothing exciting for a 4 star. Receptionist was very nice and accommodating. Ordered us a taxi and booked us a nice restaurant in the town for a meal at short notice. Manager gave us money back without question the morning after our stay and another night for free after our terribly poor experience of the hotel.

Good value for money but needs improvement

The bed was not comfortable whatsoever - I had a sore back waking up. The shower was very cold also.

The hotel itself was stunning and the staff were lovely.

Solo Business stay

Had a small issue with the room- Manager sorted this for me

Easy to find Lots of parking Bar and food onsite Close to shopping centre and short walk to a Costa coffee shop Take away coffee/tea &a muffins in morning Big bright windows

Clean and plenty car parking spaces.

Got to the hotel at around 9 in the evening after a long journey was looking forward to a decent meal. Told by the bar staff there is no restaurant open and we don't do bar food after 9! Not even crisps or peanuts behind the bar! Had to use vending machine in the hallway!

Clean and plenty car parking spaces. Young bar staff were very friendly.

Ok, hotel, serviceable and does the job but doesnt blow the socks off either.

As stated the interior was a little dated and could do with a refresh. Also views were over the local halting site. Unfortunate but not the hotels fault I suppose.

Excellent staff. Absolutely lovely people who couldnt have been nicer. Reasonable location on the edge of town, good for quick access. Interior slightly faded and dated, but perfectly clean and serviceable. Hilarious guy playing songs and telling jokes in the bar, which was a laugh.

My stay was disappointing, and I won't be recommending the hotel to others.

I am disabled, and booked an accessible room. Firstly, the room looked out onto a rooftop services area which was very noisy with the window open, and the room was far too hot with the window closed. Someone working in the services area had a full view into the room, but a heavy table and two heavy chairs had been pushed right up against the window, making it impossible for a wheelchair user like me to close the curtains. The door to the accessible bathroom opened towards the window, again making privacy an issue. There was no bar across the door to help a wheelchair user to close the door behind them. The safety bars around the toilet had been festooned with towels when we arrived, which I removed. There were no safety bars within reach of the shower chair, which meant that a carer would have to stand in the shower with the disabled user for safety. Also, the shower chair had been mounted too far from the shower controls for a disabled user to be able to reach them, meaning that a disabled user is reliant on having a carer with them at all times in the shower, even if they are usually able to shower by themselves at home. The shower head itself, whilst it is removable and supplied by a flexible hose, was mounted on a bar via a grip which was six feet off the ground, well out of reach of a wheelchair user even before they transferred to the shower seat. The disabled access room was on the first floor, but we were given no instructions for what to do in the event of a fire rendering the lift out of order. The footpath around the outside of the hotel was sloping and uneven, and too narrow for a wheelchair to be used safely, forcing me to use the vehicle entrance and exit road.

I liked the cleanliness.

Relaxed and pleasant. A very short walk to a retail park. A good place to travel out and about from.

Cleanliness of the dining room and number of staff available to deal with clearing and setting tables was inadequate. Perhaps they had not anticipated so many guests dining in.

Lovely dinner menu. Buffet breakfast was fabulous. The room had a lovely view of the mountains, was bright and very clean. The pool was great with dedicated swimming lanes and a high standard of cleanliness in the whole of the leisure area.

Very comfortable room.

The view was of a corrogated roof. The location is at a roundabout well outside the town. If you have a car it is fine, but tonwalk into town is twenty minutes or so.

Very comfortable room.

The staff were very friendly and helpful especially the...

The staff were very friendly and helpful especially the staff in the leisure centre. The atmosphere of the hotel was relaxed. The bedroom was spotless and the bed was super comfy. The swimming pool was a little bonus and great to relax in . Definitely would recommend this hotel. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay 😁

Clean rooms.

Service was very poor in the bar. Waited 15 minutes for somebody to take our order and had to ask 3 different waiters for our drinks because they kept forgetting to bring them to our table. 20 minutes later, we got them!

Clean rooms.

Room was clean and beds comfortable.

Location is not far from the town centre but due to the lack of taxi in Clonmel town location is poor if you are heading out in Clonmel town.

Room was clean and beds comfortable.

Lovely stay in Clonmel

Lack of air conditioning in the rooms and windows which hardly opened meant that went the sun was shining the rooms became very hot.

Clean and good pool/gym facilities

Basic 5 nights

TV in room is outdated. No air con. Had to ask for a fan twice as didn't receive it on the first request. Unpleasant odours like b.o ran through the lobby and stairwell. Button for the 2nd floor in the elevator had disappeared.

Comfortable bed. Shower had great pressure. Easy access wifi. Room service for food was efficient.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

I didn't like the breakfast! I had porridge and wasn't able to eat it because there was to much sugar in it.

Staff were very friendly and helpful..

I loved the swimming pool and everyone was so friendly

I was woke up at 3.30 til about 5.30 as there was a couple fighting in the next room and my view was of a camp site

I loved the swimming pool and everyone was so friendly

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

For a relaxed, friendly break, with excellent service and food could not have found better....

The one glitch was the fire alarm going off at 11 a.m. on the morning of check out....not sure if a false alarm or a fire drill but caused some panic.......

The food in the Bar was excellent...beautifully cooked and well presented... We opted for breakfast in bed....and it was delicious...and HUGE.... The staff in all areas were friendly and helpful...the waiter who served us in the bar was really charming as were both receptionists we met.

Lovely for a quick overnight stay, nothing to right home about

- the view from my room was of a KFC drive through and a retail park - the spa and leisure centre were a real let down. You have to wear a swimming cap to use any of them which take away every bit of romance from a romantic holiday. This was not stated anywhere on the website and I absolutely would've have booked if I'd know. - the 'gorment' room service was an oven pizza and a cold sandwich - the rooms look nothing like the pictures - our TV didnt work we had 3 channels over the whole stay

- The bar on site was lovely and the evening entertainment on a Friday was a really please take surprise - staff were so pleasent