Reviews of Crowne Plaza Dublin Blanchardstown 4 stars

Blanchardstown Centre, D15 Blanchardstown, Ireland

#1 of 3 hotels in Blanchardstown

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Bar staff inexperienced and has poor customer service. Breakfast staff same problems.

The hotel's decoration, the cleanliness, the size, comfort and amenities in the room, free parking with convenient access

Receptionists were not very friendly.

Bed was huge and extra comfy as was the room and bathroom. Very clean and pleasant. Good location opposite Blanchardstown shopping centre where we went and got breakfast daily.

Fabulous stay at the hotel. Very comfortable bed, lovely room, friendly staff and delicious food. The hotel kindly left us a card and champagne wishing us a happy honeymoon which was an extra special touch! Will definitely be back.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Only 2 big towels in room for family of 4. Room serviced took 2 and again only replaced with 2.

Good food in bar. Nice quiet rooms. Close to National Aquatic centre.

Lovely big room. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Lovely toiletries, sleep spray, chocolates and tea making facilities in room. Bar food was lovely. Nice quiet room with nice view. Very close to shops. Car parking at door.

The door key cards kept failing and we had to have them red scanned at least 6/7 times over our stay, more an inconvenience than a problem

Breakfast great, bar great, staff very helpful

We attended a wedding here and stayed for the night. From the second that we approached the counter to check in, everything was brilliant. Staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. The room was spacious and modern and very comfortable. The bathroom had a separate bath and shower, so no messing with shower curtains etc. Shopping centre just around the corner!! Will go back there again.

• Standard Room

My stay at this hotel was not considered(not qualified nights) for the IHG Reward points as I booked from booking.com site. I was informed only after my stay , this was disappointing.

The proximity to the mall and food joints make it very convenient. The hotel is bang opposite the mall and is just 15 min drive from the Airport

• Standard Room

Large comfortable room. Room not too hot, tv easy to use. Bathroom a good size, good shower. tommy Tiernan was preform down stairs, could hear nothing in our room. taxi ordered and arrived promptly. all good

We have stayed here a number of times because of the amazing staff, cleanliness and great location. It can be a bit pricey and we didn’t have breakfast included. Price would be my only complaint

So central for everything

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

When we arrived back to room after our night out at theatre, approx 11.30 we were starving and the only thing available was sandwiches, something hot would have been preferred

All in all a good trip. Hotel staff were friendly and able to answer all our questions regarding public transport etc. The room was good, I have stayed a few times before so knew what to expect

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Lovely hotel, friendly staff Especially Emma the receptionist , Made extra effort to make my daughter's communion stay even more special for her Thank you We had a great time Special memories

Nothing .

We were there with our son who was at a swimming gala nearby.the hotel staff were very accommodating in every way . Late checkout , food made up off menu for the swimmer , nothing was too much .excellent friendly helpful staff.

Room was extremely warm. Air con didn’t go below 19degrees so didn’t cool the room at all. We asked for a travel cot for a 2yr old but got a fold up bed. He hadn’t slept in a bed before and fell out a few times.

Brilliant location. Right beside shopping centre. Easy base for doing family activities like Tayto Park, Aquatic Centre and Zoo. Good bar menu. Children welcomed. Great breakfast choices.

Staff

Room OK..staff rude..room service crap...on booking.com it states the option of standard room or non smoking room ...selected standard and ground floor and was placed on a third floor room ..could see various people smoking from windows so I had one cigarette , hotel charged me 100 of a fine from my card without consulting me and even though there are no signs anywhere about fines ..

We could have done with a few more coat hangers and there was not a lot of drawer space.

The bed was extra large and extremely comfortable. Great to have a double shower. Variety and quality of the breakfast was excellent - eggs were cooked to perfection. We also had a meal in the bar and the restaurant - excellent.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is not very good. Very noisy room on highway side even with closed window.

Location is good for Dublin West, free parking, restaurants close by

The toaster at breakfast. To poorly done on first try and burnt when put in for a second time

The staff were very welcoming and friendly throughout the hotel.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't properly cleaned. I found a small shampoo bottle on the floor of the room (not the bathroom).After checking the bathroom I noticed that it only had two towels available for a family room. I went to the receptionist and he apologised for this mistake and says that the agent (booking.com) is showing the room is for two adults instead of 2 adults and 2 children. In fact I had only myself and my two kids as one adult was unable to travel.

Despite the shampoo bottle the hotel was spotless and the breakfast is brilliant

• Standard Room

There was a 4 euro charge for anything brought up to the room, we ordered two soft drinks and it cost us 10 euro!! On one side of the hotel the view was lovely but on the other side it was overlooking a main road which made a lot of noise.

Modern clean hotel, bed was comfortable, free underground and outside parking, free good WiFi in all areas, lots of TV channels, close to the shops, bath and shower, air conditioning, friendly and accommodating staff

• Standard Room

Cleanliness, comfort, no noise, extra cooperative front desk employees. Excellent bar and the restaurant within the hotel, in situation of poor outside weather there was no need to go to any other location for food and a night drink.

• Standard Room

The room was beautiful & very modern. It was also sound proof & even though there was a wedding on there that day/night, we had a completely undisturbed night's sleep. The bed was so comfortable & the room was lovely & dark when the lights were out.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

We had a room overlooking the motorway which was so noisy none of us slept which ruined the experience

The hotel was as expected except Location good and comfortable

• King Room - Disability Access

Dur to a Very Serious Chronic Lung Disease the Only One thing I was unhappy about was the Very Strong Air Freshner in the Disability toilet. When the door closed behind me,and the smell overpowered me I lost my Breath. As I use a very small indoor mobility scooter and due to the severity of my condition even trying to push the fire door open, nearly caused a fatal outcome for myself. I managed to push the door open a little and thank God a member of staff was on hand and she ran to my assistance, she also alerted the management who came so quickly to help me. The members of my family who were with, were in the Ladies Room Oblivious to my distress,(teach them not to leave me alone again in an unknown situation) My sincerest advice to you is Please take into account people who have very serious Pulmonary Diseases DO NOT LOOK SICK, even while using mobile Oxygen.. There could have been a FATALITY on Saturday night 14th April, but I certainly CAN'T fault everybody concerned, they did a FANTASTIC JOB looking after me. Sorry for being so long winded ( no pun intended ) but I feel it's something you should be made aware of. Very Best Regards Christine Gordon. X X X 😘

Room service was excellent. I could find no problem with this Hotel. Front of House were so welcoming and friendly. The Staff with no exceptions were fantastic. Sunday Carvery was beautiful, all my family enjoyed every morsel of the food. I will certainly stay again, but next time I'll stay longer. A truly Wonderful Experience. And I'd rate them 10 / 10. Top Marks. Congratulations Crown Plaza Hotel Blanchardstown X X X

• Standard Room

I found the breakfast very pricey and not very nice

It was a great stay we couldn't have asked for more from the room or the staff would definitely stay again

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Toilet not totally clean big mirror on toilet was dirty i see it after i take shower when its moist while brushing my teeth,

The bed's are comfortable room are clean

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Smell of smoke from the floor of the hotel. Accused of smoking in the room and fined €100. Asked to speak to the manager and was told I'd have to wait 5 days

• King Room - Disability Access

i was pleasantly surprised, the hotel was tastefully decorated. the staff were exceptional, very polite, patient and extremely helpful. the location is handy, close to the beautiful blanchardstown shopping center and a short bus ride into the city center. a large selection of tasty breakfast, extremely comfortable bed, worth every cent!

• Standard Room

We were given a wheelchair accessable room. My partner is over 6ft, it wasn't suitable for us. We were away on a special occasion and we put A LOT of time in to choosing the right hotel. We asked at the desk if all rooms in the hotel were like this? The girl said they were!!! That's not the truth! If she had said no, but there are no more available rooms tonight we wouldn't have minded as much but she just lied to us! And when we were checking out, a different person on front desk, said, 'room number?', we replied, she took the key and said, 'great'. No, how was your stay, enjoy your day, absolutely nothing. I found them very rude.

Location suited us.

I left a top behind me and I didn’t notice Until a few days later. I contacted hotel and spoke with a very helpful staff member named Emma in reception. She looked into it & really went out of her way to ensure delivery of top back to myself. Excellent customer service & delighted with the way she dealt with my query.

The Irish breakfast was Vry poor Neitherof us could eat it Tasteless

Was made pay for my 2 nite stay up front This was 2 o clock but we couldn’t check in till 4

The tv's don't accommodate HDMI. You have to upgrade with more money to have access to HDMI features. That's ridiculous considering you don't have the most recent pay as you go movie selections or good variety of tv stations

The hotel is neat. It's situated at a great location which is right opposite a very huge shopping mall. They were very accommodating of my requests. Good parking space including an underground parking lot. Good breakfast selection, tasty too. Room service charge is reasonable

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

I could not fault this hotel.

We were rebooked after early March snow forced non refundable cancellation. On arrival we were upgraded to a superior room in quiet zone. Excellent customer focus from the start!

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

the air conditioning system was rattling. the room was facing towards the main road and the windows were very thin so you can hear the road all night.very hard to sleep all night.

the hotel was very modern and clean. breakfast had a good selection and the staff were very pleasant.

Parking garage is tight.

Nice modern hotel, room was new and clean, with a colorful design. Great for our one night stay before our flight out the next day. Numerous restaurants within walking distance.

• King Room - Disability Access

On checkout had no record that room had been paid for on arrival, however no issue was made once details provided. Short staffed in bar in evening, obvious from the look of staff, sat at table for 20 minutes where nobody bothered coming to take our order.

Comfy bed, excellent choice for breakfast with good customer service

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Ordered family room with 2 boys and almost certain my booking stated double bed with 2 single beds it we got 2 double rooms. Family room much smaller than usual family rooms I've stayed in. It was only 1 night so didn't complain.

Ice machine

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

it was in the midle of everywhere i wanted to visit and i love the shoping centre just acrose the hotel bustop was just in front as well captain america locely stuff good food lovely costomer service

• Standard Room

i got a room,when i went to my room,there were people already in the room,so this is really bad,people have no privacy in the room,because of giving the same room ,for two different people!!!SHAME

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Receptionist was not the friendliest. They also charges a €5 cover charge for our young daughter, considering she only eats a small amount off our plates I thought this was unfair. Any other hotel we go to don’t charge!

Food was good and the room was clean.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Didnt like that breakfast cost €10 more when not booked with room. Asked at reception on first morning they rang resteraunt, cost €20 Morning two didnt ask at reception went straight to resteraunt. Cost €30 approx. felt a little petty towards guests

almost everything

• Standard Room

We were told to turn out music down at 6pm and it wasn’t loud at all. The next day we’re were woken up by the fire alarm and people knocking on our door

The room was good

• Standard Room

We stayed for one night, and the staff were so healpful it was very close to where we needed to go to for our competition. Even though there was a charity event on down stairs, you would never have known, it was very quiet. The facilities were fantastic, breakfast was gorgeous. I have just booked to stay again. Cannot wait

I had to go home.

Staff are amazing, every one of them was helpful and met you with a smile. Rooms are very clean and stylish, and the hotel offered all the facilities you could need.

• King Room - Disability Access

We got a disabled room. Even after I rang in to say I didn't need one. The bathroom wasn't suitable. The bed was too low and uncomfortable. Breakfast too expensive. We went over the shopping center for breakfast

Location and parking was good.

We loved this hotel , as it was our wedding anniversary but we were booked for the previous week but the snow arrived so we reschedule. The staff were amazing and couldn’t do enough for us , they sent us a bottle of proseco to our room and gave us the movies free . Fab hotel, amazing staff . Thank you

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

My sisters and I were visiting family nearby, everything about our stay was excellent. We checked in late but were greeted by a very pleasant receptionist. She was very helpful. Breakfast was beautiful, something to suit every palette. And our room was clean and comfortable. Highly recommend this hotel

• King Room - Disability Access

The view wasn't great, but that's to be expected. Breakfast was dear. The seats in the bar and lounge aren't very comfy

Loved the king room! It was warm, comfortable and clean. We felt completely relaxed and at ease. We made full use of the hotel bar which was very bright and pleasent. Loved our stay and we would defo come again!!

Not a reflection on the hotel but location wise, it is nowhere near the centre of town. Taxis will cost around €35 to/from airport and €25 to/from town. These can add up over a number of days. The bus costs €3.30 for a single but took 45mins.

Clean, Professional Staff, Good quality rooms to a high standard of cleanliness.

• King Room - Disability Access

Did not like the bathroom facility with shower over bath, hand basin is extremely small, with no shelving for any personal items, e.g. make up bag etc. On previous stays room facilities much better.

Breakfast was very good - no complaints whatsoever.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

There could be a better selection of food in the italian restaurant. If the hotel had a kids club it wout be great.

The bar in the hotel also breakfast in the restaurant was very nice.

• Standard Room

the birds in the reception area need to go not good on a Sunday morning when feeing tender. Breakfast offering was fine maybe a little less choice and bit more quality.

good value for money, booked at short notice and because of the weekend with Rugby other hotels took the opportunity to overcharge, I paid the same rate as on previous occasions and will use hotel again.

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Plenty choice for breakfast with 2 small kids! Staff were helpful & very accommodating! Rooms were spacious. Loved the crayons & bag that were provided during the meal

Only down side that is we stayed in room 312 on Saturday night. I didn't know the hotel has bar or night club the music was very loud. My husband went downstairs to complain finally they shut down the music. Other than that we had good rest overnight.

The location is excellent! Free parking. The breakfast is one of the best we had in Ireland.

Room was very hot during the night!

Rooms were nicely decorated, bathroom was spacious. Breakfast had a great selection. Located across the road from Blanchardstown shopping centre!

• Standard Room

I made the booking and I reserved 3 rooms. When we checked in we were informed that there was a €50 deposit needed on each room and we’d get it back when we checked out but nobody had informed me that there would be a deposit needed during my booking so we had no idea. I would have preferred some notice.

Rooms were all fantastic. I was part of a group of 6 and every room was gorgeous. Fabulous hotel.

• King Room - Disability Access

I had specifically requested a room away from lifts and elevators. The room I was allocated was almost directly opposite the lift requiring a return to reception for a room change.

Room size and cleanliness. Fast WiFi. Working television & working remote control. Low noise levels. Efficient staff. Good breakfast.

Loved this hotel .. only thing is I only drink vodka and red bull and unfortunately did not sell red bull here so had to go to shop across the road and buy some and drink in the room while watching the rugby match

There was a buzzing noise in the room think it was from the heat as it went off at about 10

Very nice hotel and great location loveed the pan cake maker

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The staff were very helpful, I left a blouse in the wardrobe in my room, rang the hotel and within a few minutes rang me back to say they had my blouse and would post it out to me. Top class service 👍

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Bed is a little firm but still comfortable

Cleanliness, decor, presentation of the room, food especially breakfast. My daughter loves the pancake maker!

Food wasn’t great this time round. Service in bar not too good either. Staff could do with more training

The hotel over all is lovely, great rooms and facilities. 3rd time staying will return.

• Standard Room

My only criticism would be, I felt breakfast should have been included in the price of the room, even if it was just the continental breakfast, especially as there was some renovation work taking place at the hotel which was a little disruptive.

The staff were extremely helpful, I had a couple of problems with the TV system and heating which they sorted immediately. The food in the restaurant was outstanding I am sure I was making noises like in the film when Sally met Harry. (Not as loud)

Modern and very tastefully decorated. Rooms were superb and that bed was a dream to sleep on.

Clean and close to the shops. Will definitely be returning.

I left a pair of work shoes under the desk in the room , (safety shoes) worth €95.00 about 2 hours later I remembered them and the woman at the desk which was very rude and no help at all told me they were not there . I then asked the manager and he said the same think without even looking .

Very helpful and courteous staff. Exceptionally clean. Nice atmosphere in the bar as well as good food. We have stayed here a number of times and we have never been disappointed .

The very loud rave music in the so called "Sanctuary" bar was painful. It was certainly no sanctuary

Room was good . Breakfast was good. Free parking was good

I couldn't find anything to complain about really

I really love staying in the Crowne Plaza I love everything about it the location, restaurant, bar, and the friendly staff

Mini bar door very stiff to open. Seemed like it was broken.

Bed was nice and comfy, breakfast was lovely and room service too. Considering we stayed on New Year’s Eve the service was very good.

The effort staff went to for my 10th anniversary was above and beyond wine and chocolates and room was even upgraded. All i can say is thanks so so much for this stay

• Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The bar was terribly uncomfortable and bad layout. The drink glasses were filthy and cracked. There was no entertainment. I paid €162 for a one night stay that did not include breakfast. It's not good value for money.

Our room and hotel decor and reception staff were great

• Standard Room

Air conditioning hard to fix it at the temperature . Ended up having it off .so was cold in the room . Duvets covers clean but inside , the duvet was with stains . Cleaning staff very noisy .

The room has a good size easy enough to access everything

Honestly can’t fault a thing from this hotel.

Crowne plaza is the perfect choice. Excellent location most comfortable beds and so clean!! Staff are unbelievably friendly and made my stay extra special.

• Standard Room

The shower could do with cleaning as there was very little water coming out so maybe de scale it. Room was pricey for just a room however most hotels the same, would like to see more discounts / offers especially on single rooms with one person

Bed was lovely, room was spacious and clean bathroom was spacious and clean. There was a welcome message with my name on the tv in the room which was nice. Staff were also friendly

The breakfast was extremely disappointing, it was 9:15 on the Monday morning, rashers and sausages were quite dried up, as was really everything else. So I decided to try a croissant instead but unfortunately that was also hard like it had been sitting there for a long time. The orange juice was very watery.

The room was so comfortable and clean, the bed was perfect, room was quiet. Always love staying in this fabulous hotel!