Reviews of Crowne Plaza Dundalk 4 stars

Green Park, Dundalk, Ireland

#8 of 17 hotels in Dundalk

We booked in to enjoy a family birthday , extended family with many guests ,on arrival we we told there was no restaurant open on a Sunday so we had to get taxis to the town centre for the family meal , when we returned we were told there is no residents bar on a Sunday and it closes at 11pm sharp ,we will never go there again and the entire family was so disappointed.

Location from motorway

• King Room with Sea View

The lifts and electronic cards did not work properly also one lift was out of service the whole time we were there. The floor you selected would be cancelled if anybody requested a lift so I met many people stuck travelling up and down in the lift. I would also end up getting out and using the stairs to get to my floor. The restaurant every morning would ask us what tea and coffee we would like we would get our food and the tea and coffee would not turn up we would have to remind them by then I would eaten my breakfast this was every morning. The day before we arrived we stayed in the same star rating hotel in Cork and the Crowne Plaza hotel was not a patch on it.

Location is the only good bit I could say about it.

• King Room with Sea View

Non-existent mini-bar. Advertised on website, inviting drinks list beside ice bucket, but the cupboard was bare!!! Just don't advertise it if you're not going to supply it!

Great food

Lovely comfortable hotel. Stayed for a wedding nearby and they organised a taxi to and from venue. Second time staying and will definitely stay again!!!!

• King Room with Sea View

Not the most central hotel in terms of being able to walk somewhere nearby.

The service was fantastic. They couldn’t do enough for you to ensure your stay was perfect.

The choice of dinner for coeliacs was very poor. And when I did receive the dinner the chicken had been reheated and the dinner came out very quickly, which always makes me a little nervous. Breakfast, on the other hand, was grand.

The bed, it was lovely. I had a great sleep

• Standard Room

We had been so looking forward to the breakfast . Friends had stayed and told us breakfast was not to be missed Well we wish we had missed it The tea was weak , the bacon hard , the eggs disgusting , the fried bread uneatable,

The bed was extra big and comfy , The water hot the bathroom full of little extras

• Standard Room

It is a bit of a distance from the centre of town, but the taxi was only €7 so not bad, when split among friends.

Honestly, it was an exceptional stay at the Crowne Plaza. The rooms are modern and clean, the staff are friendly and helpful

Breakfast should be included in the price bar food was very slow to be served

Rooms were very clean staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help you

bit slow with the bar food and breakfast should be included in tbe price

rloms really clean would love to know wete you get your beds they were tbe best beds i have ever slept on staff wete fantastic went that extra mile even down to the cleani g staff

• Standard Room

Unfortunately on the day we stayed, the Rooftop Restaurant was closed due to a private event; this was disappointing.

Great location, good sized room, clean.

Would have liked a wider choice of food on the menu, but Dundalk Town Centre is only a few mins drive with ample choice of eateries.

Hotel was clean, modern and very secure. Beds were comfortable and it was so quiet. Staff friendly and couldn't do more. Would highly recommend.

The only thing that could have been better was the television service but even then it was still a very pleasant stay

Very friendly staff and the room was nice and quiet bed very comfortable

• Standard Room

Reception on check in tried to charge me 10 Euro more than my booking indicated. Receptionist at desk in the morning changed the amount when i produced my booking confirmation. Poor form

• King Room with Sea View

I booked king size room with sea view and was put in completely different room over looking car park! Very disappointed in that

The bed was very comfortable

• Standard Room

The way staff dealt with a situation i relation to a problem with the shuttle bus I was charged €12 extra because I did not book to the wedding party I thought is very very on fair as people were on the bus to did not pay toll and did not even see in the crown plaza so I would never returned to the crown plaza never

Was over charged for shuttle bus to how to wedding vanue

Staff were really friendly. Got free late check out by signing up to members club. Room was really nice and very clean. Nice view from the room.

• King Room with Sea View

The bar staff were good but the reception and breakfast staff were often talking when you arrived at the desk or breakfast. It just came across like they were not bothered about guests. When you spoke to one, they were pleasant but it just lacked something. Also, I asked reception to see if they could assist and habe my luggage taken to my room as I need to attend a quick meeting. I went to my room later on the evening and had to return to reception as they had forgotten - even though it was quiet.

Open plan, plenty of room. The bar staff were good. Fish tank was lovely.

Could have provided a proper smoking area! Requested to take our drinks to reception area at 5 mins. after closing. No residents lounge. Breakfast OK but not brilliant.

• Standard Room

Walls in rooms were a little thin so you could hear everything going on around the building (outdoors and in the corridor). Air con available but was not very effective.

Very friendly staff and lovely room. Both static and detachable shower head in bathroom so you could opt to wash your hair only if you wished. I booked an extra night onto my stay and staff were very accommodating - they didn't make me check-out to check-in again and allowed me retain the same room.

I booked 3 rooms through booking.com and got confirmation of the booking on email. When I arrived only one room had been reserved. Thankfully, the staff were able to get me 2 more rooms that I required. I forwarded them my confirmation email so they could take the issue up with booking.com to try ensure this didn’t happen again

The rooms were lovely, clean and tidy. Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice

• Standard Room

Cooked breakfast could be improved

Surprisingly very nice hotel. Stayed on the 9th floor - no traffic noise at all despite being right beside main road. Rooms perfectly clean and well laid out.

• Standard Room

restaurant not 100% tidy (lots of crumbles on the floor, got a dirty pint-glass...)

Nice and comfortable room, good food (dinner & breakfast), good location

Seating in lobby could do with been upholstered

Breakfast was lovely beautiful setting in resturant manager on was friendly n helpful we had meal in the bar n it was excellent .10 of us stayed n everyone was impressed with the food .Bottled water in room was great .Shower was excellent .Staff very nice .

• King Room with Sea View

Only one thing, we waited at the hot breakfast counter for quite a while where you can order an egg cooked what ever way you choose, no chef or staff member arrived so we had to do without the egg option which was disappointing but alas, we survived!

It was a very modern hotel with great views from our room. Staff very friendly. There was lots of parking, an elevator and a very cool restaurant where we ate breakfast the following morning. Views were great!!

All I can be negative about is the noisy bunch of lads that stayed across the hall from me. Woke me up when they arrived in from a night on the town

Lovely facilities, spacious room, clean, desk to study

• Standard Room

The way we were treated very poor

Racist againts the traveller community the manager nearly had a heart attack when he seen us walk true the door the staff was very rude

We ordered room service breakfast as it was our anniversary and it was stone cold! We couldn't eat it we notified housekeeping and she said she could get another two to us but the novelty was gone and it would have delayed us for a 12 noon check out. I also feel it should have been acknowledged at check out

The rooms are very comfortable and spacious

• Standard Room

I have no bad comments at all would highly recommend to friends and family

The staff in every department were so polite and could not have been more helpful and I was very impressed with the room plenty of space and could not have been any cleaner.

There were two main issues with this hotel, which we used of necessity to be close to where we were to attend a function. The first is not the hotel's fault: Dundalk is not much to look at. The hotel has panoramic views from the upper floors, but a panorama of housing spread and parking lots and suburbs. The second issue is under the hotel's control: making outgoing calls was a joke. They asked for an upfront payment of E50 from which they would then refund any balance 2 days later, but then wouldn't accept the Debit card I had just used to pay for my room (as they require upfront payment). So, there I was, with a UK mobile that wouldn't work, needing to make a local area call that probably would cost less than 20 cents, but no go, no staff willing to help, it never happened. This seems utterly absurd and very poor customer service. You can put as many fish tanks as you want in the lobby to try look like a fine hotel, but if you aren't there to help your customers they will find somewhere else next time. I will.

The hotel's main strength is convenience of location, in terms of being close to motorway, and easy to find, with adequate parking.

• King Room with Sea View

Great place to stay. Comfortable beds, big rooms, good bar and restaurant. Beautiful view. Love Big high beds. Great that different kind of tea and coffee are available in the room.

First of all the Reception manager had no record of our booking when we arrived which held us up considerably at check in. We were staying at the hotel to go to a wedding nearby and a shuttle bus ran from the Crown Plaza to the wedding reception. We finally got our room key at 3.27 and were told the bus would leave at 3.30. Running quickly up to drop off our bags we were back downstairs waiting for the bus which did not arrive until 4.30. Meaning it was almost 5 by the time we actually got to the reception and missed the drinks and food reception my friend had so carefully planned for her guests. Would not use this hotel again to go to a local wedding

• King Room with Sea View

Room a little too hot but no other faults at all. Issue easily fixed with AC

Great staff . Very accomadating and friendly. Knew the area well and gave fantastic recommendations

• Standard Room

Quality of food was poor, tea goes cold too soon. Food was extremely costly given the poor quality. Could do with a bar/special menu at competitive rates

Bed was very comfortable, heating was fine,

• Standard Room

Dreadful coffee at breakfast though we were offered americanos. Should be possible to get this right. Duvet too heavy for me. Could not lower thermostat below 19 degrees.

Well appointed room. Good breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Standard Room

We were hunted out of the Bar by the Bouncer! who stood over us counting down from 5 minutes. He never once suggested we go to the loby just stood over us counting the minutes down. Also guy at reception couldn't get me a taxi said all the roads were closed. Despite me going down with no roads closed at all - Not very helpful.

Rooms we very nice and clean and the restaurant for breakfast was great.

• King Room with Sea View

We stay here at least twice a year whilst visiting family. I can’t fault the staff (they’re lovely) and the premises are always clean and tidy. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else

Not very clear that breakfast was not included. You should not use details like breakfast available. This caught me out as I thought I chose a booking with breakfast. This will discourage me from booking through booking.Com in the future.

• Standard Room

I was attending the funeral of a very close family member. On our return to the hotel on Monday night 5/3/ just before 23:00 the gentleman on reception told us when we wanted to order a drink that the bar was closed & we would have to order room service. When I asked was he sure as it was just before 23:00 he said well ok we could go in to the bar but we might have to take our drink out. We ordered a drink in the bar and about 15 mts later a girl working in the bar asked us to take our drink out to the lobby as she wanted to get cleaned up & out of there. Over all I thought it was very unprofessional. Separately the breakfast hot food was not very good. It was really dried out each morning and clearly a long time cooked (other than the fried egg which was cooked for us and brought to the table, it was very good). Overall I would say the staff on reception were very pleasant but the bar experience and the breakfast food was very disappointing.

Location good.

Pillows

Lifts very awkward to operate. Were there for a nearby wedding and had been lead to believe there was a minibus to and from venue but there was not.

Don't know of anything which could have been improved

The hotel is easy to find and near the motorway. It is convenient to Belfast and Dublin. It is as good as a Dublin hotel which would cost so much more. The bathroom was roomy

• King Room with Sea View

Service at the bar wasn’t looking very happy... looked like they couldn’t prioritize their tasks ( 3-4 tables were not clean for at least 25 min )

Fantastic hotel Bed was very very comfortable 👍 Close to Dundalk Race Stadium

• Standard Room

It's a non-smoking hotel however there was a smell of smoke in our corridor.

Location. Very nice meal in the restaurant. Lovely staff in restaurant.

Pillows! To hard...

Lovely room, everything we needed was there. Staff are friendly and helpful. Food was excellent, generous helpings and quick service. Great view from our room and I would definitely recommend the rooftop breakfast room. Good verity to choose from!!

• King Room with Sea View

The staff were so friendly on arrival and the next morning at brekkie (: really enjoyed my stay! Also so handy to have an ice machine on every floor! Loved the decor here! Will definitely be back!

The flusher on toilet was terrible and it was same in public toilets. It deffinetly needs sorting Also only one person on reception for booking in and out and the que was long And tv wasn’t working

The rooms and food were very nice and the view from our room on 9 th floor was beautiful

The chef at breakfast didn't want to make eye contact with anyone (or that is how he made people feel) my husband was waiting that long to ask him to fry him an egg for breakfast he walked away after after waiting least 5 mins whilst holding his breakfast plate in his hand...There were lots of people waiting in the line whilst we were there !

The large Bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was very good also and most of the staff extremely helpful.

The only thing that was disappointing was the food in the bar choice not great had to send back vegetables as they were cold it was just not very appealing a bit of a downer but the waiting staff very nice

Nice comfortable room bathroom clean and the shower was hot and powerful,plenty of extras and wardrobe space very good

The gym was a bit unloved. A dark, windowless room with a few bits of old equipment didn't quite meet the standards of the rest of the hotel.

The range at breakfast was great. I like being able to serve myself, in my own time.

• Standard Room

We booked 2 x twin rooms via booking.com. Father and 3 grown up sons. Immediately on making the booking I contacted the hotel to ensure that we were allocated twin rooms. The hotel advised as we had not booked directly they could not promise twins. In the end we did not get twins but 2 x doubles. Crowne Plaza may have passed off the responsibility to Booking.com but the simple fact is we were sold something we did not get. In the scheme of things it was not a huge inconvenience but I was unimpressed by booking.com selling rooms that Crowne Plaza would not provide, nor much impressed with the hotel staff prior to arrival and during check in.

We were staying for an event and friends were in our room, fair enough it was after hours but we were not making any noise and they were all asked to leave. No one extra was staying and we were really only chatting and catching up!

• Standard Room

Fantastic customer service. I realised that I needed to be in Dublin for the second night of my booking, and the manager transferred me to the Dublin Crowne Plaza hotel within a matter of minutes of my arrival. All the staff were incredibly professional and accommodating in both hotels.

• Standard Room

Beds were amazingly comfortable. We travelled with a team group and the hotel was booked out that weekend with similar groups and staff went above and beyond from check in to check out. A friend lost a medical device and the receptionist rang local taxi companies to find it and was extremely helpful.

The accomodation was excellent-breakfast ditto-staff curteous and efficient- car parking very easy- location of the hotel very convenient for our purpose. One of the best value hotels we have stayed in.

Staff at check in were very poor, process was long and very unwelcoming compared to other hotels that are not half as nice as this one

Everything apart from reception during check in

This hotel was clean and comfortable. There is a lovely restaurant on the top floor that overlooks the town and boasts a varied and reasonably priced menu. There was a broad selection of wines, and the food was great.

temperature control too cold then too hot.

breakfast included in the price. free wifi Excellent on site restaurant and decent prices. very impressed with that and with the serving staff.

• Standard Room

On arrival the staff were friendly positive and helpful the room was super comfortable clean warm colourful the food was amazing culinary delight we were very happy with the hotel and would stay again

It was a little far from the main town but only a 10 min taxi away so nothing to complain about :)

Very friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable room and gorgeous food.

• Standard Room

I was under the impression that breakfast was included in the price and was disappointed to find out that this wasn't true.

The bed was very comfy. The room was spotless and the staff were very helpful. Late checkout and free movies were a great bonus!

I suppose the room could’ve been slightly bigger but not a big deal

I loved the twin room as the beds are a great size and super comfortable! Also I loved how I turned the tv on it had my name on the tv!

Some staff were unfriendly, we had a long wait for dinner in the restaurant, confusion over the bill, air con was noisey, location not great and prices were a bit high

Breakfast was great, food in the downstairs bar was generous and tastey, some staff were really nice

Bar area temp too cool. Bar waitress took a long time to bring the guinness but had not come to explain the barrel was being changed. I also had to wait ages for my glass of water being brought at the same time as the guinness.

Comfiest bed I have slept in. Air con quiet enough. Fantastic shower. Very friendly and informative reception staff.

Could not find fault.

A lovely property with friendly staff, large clean rooms and nicely decorated. The food is very nice and plenty of parking outside.

Breakfast fry was poor...poor quality produce, extremely greasy sausages and rashers which were also very bitty.One of the poorer breakfasts I've had. Brown bread hard and not fresh.

Bed was very comfortable, lovely room

I would of liked to have notice about an extra €50 per person as a deposit when payIng cash as I was unaware, an ATM would be helpful to have inside the hotel, all in all great place to stay and staff were more than helpful

The bed was amazing! Couldn't of had a better nights sleep, loved how there was a hair dryer in the room as well considering I left mine at home. Staff were lovely, and very helpful i.e ringing taxis etc.

• King Room with Sea View

View could have been better but nothing you can do about that except maybe not sell rooms as sea view? The room itself was fantastic 😊

The room was lovely & the food great.

• Standard Room

Disappointed with how the coffee was served( small white cup) larger mug in bedroom 😢 Not much activity about foyer or any entertainment.

Lovely comfy bed and friendly staff in particular Reception staff 😀

• Standard Room

Not many people for late breakfast on first day and staff seemingly was reduced to one. Lunch was poor. Not freshly cooked. I was slightly ill after it

The best was super comfy, full nights sleep was something that just doesn't happen too often being 7 months pregnant but I was able to sleep the whole night without waking

• Standard Room

Just the location, not a lot in the immediate locality,

Very nice and spacious room and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Requested a quiet room and that's exactly what we got.

The breakfast chef should have been more visible to fry the eggs and keep an eye on the food and keep it topped up. The brown bread was not the freshest except for the baby loaves which were a bit scarce but delicious. Food in bar and service was excellent. Everybody tried to look after our needs. No swimming pool was disappointing!

Vibe. Restaurant.

There is a sign by the front door that reads "smart clothes essential" which kind of sets the tone of this place. On paper it sounded really good but in person, it hard and not particularly gracious. While it is a tower with potential views, the countryside is a rough mix of motorways and light industry. There is indeed a restaurant on the top floor but I was expecting to sit on a lovely terrace and eat fresh fish while watching the sunset. In reality the "roof" is the top floor of the bunker. The staff are friendly and try to be helpful but they struggle to overcome the "rough" feel of the establishment.

I would have loved entertainment in hotel

The room was one of the nicest rooms we have stayed in and we didmt include breakfast but decided to go the next morning it was beautiful and when we went to pay we were told it was on the house as it was our wedding anniversary,

The lifts were a nightmare. The hotel forgot to give me my change when checking in. I didn't notice to I checked my bag which was the only item I had on me that's when I remembered I didn't get it. Asked a member of staff and they said it was too late to ask

The views