Reviews of Torc Hotel 3 stars

Mallow Road, Lissivigeen, Killarney, Ireland

#38 of 41 hotels in Killarney

We had a lovely stay, and the dinner was fabulous

Breakfast was not great, we felt the breakfast was cooked and then reheated, in a deep fryer, we did ask on checkout, but was told it was freshly cooked, to be honest i found this hard to believe, as the bacon was so hard, and the hashbrowns were definitely reheated in a deepfryer, or just reheated another way, sausages were greasy also,

The staff was very friendly, the rooms were big, and spotless clean, food in the bar was 5 star food

Disappointing and to have to pay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Just a fan is all we wanted.

sorry we had to leave the hotel at 7.30. the rooms were sufficating and my husband was not well. I rang the reception for a fan and she said that they had not any. So we had to go home. This was very dissapointing. Mary.

Lovely stay in a gorgeous part of Kerry & Ireland
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The TV didn't work properly-that is there was one channel available on the TV in the bedroom . Not an issue personally but for the little one with me.... :(

Would not go back
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Two far out of town if you wanted to go out at night and have a drink taxi could cost 16 euro one way seemed to suit retired people

Nothing stood out for me

Fine. But worth staying in a more central location for the money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location was very out of the way in a residential area. You could not walk to any shops/bars/restaurants. Price of breakfast was outrageous. Rooms were too warm to sleep on 2nd floor.

Very recently renovated. Everything was new, spotless and in great condition. Staff were lovely.

The room was very spacious, newly done up and really clean...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Night porter bell was not working when I arrived back on my own from a wedding party, I was waiting quite a bit for them to answer the door and was quite anxious as a woman on my own at that late hour. However I did report it to the receptionist the next day and she was really sorry and said she would ensure the bell was fixed.

The room was very spacious, newly done up and really clean aswell as the bathroom really clean and the shower was fab

Very convenient to the town centre without having too much...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very convenient to the town centre without having too much traffic around. Very comfortable and cosy setting. Staff were so lovely ! We had our 3 year old with us and he loved it ! Will definitely be back

Overall ok but but won't stay again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't like that I asked to watch Liverpool game on Saturday the game was put on for me but at 7pm the tv was switched over so the locals could watch the Kerry match and I was left to miss the last 20 minutes of the game but what angered me was that you also had a sports bar that also had the Kerry match on so we have 2 tv's with the same match on your staff didn't even try to ask me if it was ok to turn over to the Kerry match after all I was first to ask for this Liverpool match and I always thought that if someone is watching tv that it is up to the staff to ask if it was ok to change channels I was so angry with the way I was treated

Your supervisor on reception the lady from cork was lovely and very helpful overall stay was good but to pay extra 25euro extra per day for breakfast on top of your Daily rate is not good for business

Not great

The room smelled like trash and the WiFi did not work. Luckily another room was available and we were moved but the WiFi still did not work.

Size of room was good

Average
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Two single beds pushed together to make king size bed. Heating not properly turned on. Drunken, rowdy neighbours and heard their wake up call. No staff available for our morning exit at 7.30am. Had to leave keys behind desk.

Food at bar was quite good.

Pleasant stay

Ah bath was really modern &/big however even with the bath Mat in I found it slippy & the hand Rail was away too far up the wall to reach it.

Quite location & comfortable room

The chicken wings were to die for, in fact, all of the food...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The chicken wings were to die for, in fact, all of the food was amazing. We stayed for four nights and had something different each night. The staff were super friendly and so efficient. It'd definitely amazing value for money. We'll be back.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room could of been warmer Headboard was bit dusty

Everything was perfect Staff are so nice Food was delicious My little girl spiked red wine on the bedding I did leave a note as I felt so bad

Great value and really nice rooms with staff that are helpful and flexible and knowledgeable

We had to go behind the counter to get our own keys when we got back because nobody was there and we were ringing the bell for 20mins— a little discomforting that anyone could have walked off the street and done the same! Sausages at breakfast were not nice. Everything else was really surprisingly good though.

Rooms were surprisingly nice, it’s really handy as a location for me- coming from the north Cork direction so I didn’t have to deal with the main town traffic. Staff were very helpful and flexible.

Had a lovely stay and will come back

I travelled for business all week through Ireland and this was by far the best hotel I stayed the night in. The location, the cleaniness, very tasteful refurbished. Very warm welcome and everyone is friendly and helpful. This hotel will certainly go on our list of preferred places to stay! We will be back soon!

Very surprised by the quality compare to the price. I have recommended this place already

the room was a bit cold and it was not possible to warm the place. well the button didn't seem to work

the bed was very comfortable after the long days walking

Nice updated rooms and bathrooms. Very clean and comfortable.

Wifi in room 111 wasn't good. The bar crowd got a bit loud toward closing time, and the light outside our window didn't turn off until it closed.

Spacious and clean rooms.

Room newly fitted out to a high standard;
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Smell on entering bedroom after check-in, mentioned it ant it was gone when we returned; very squeaky floor between beds.

Room newly fitted out to a high standard; breakfast food selection very good, Scones excellent.

A perfectly acceptable place for the price with a bonus warm welcome.

No specific dislikes.

The staff at The Torc Hotel were friendly, efficient and courteous. The room was perfectly acceptable and clean if a little generic. The food we ate here was of a good standard and there was certainly plenty of it.

Very nice stay!

Everything was updated, modern & clean. The menu in the restaurant had an excellent variety of options and the food was very good. Staff was friendly & willing to show you to your room. Location was outside of the hectic city center but close enough to commute in yourself or by cab.

The food in the bar was gorgeous and all the staff were...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bar needs a good cleaning, dust everywhere along with cob-webs, it really took away from the nice décor of the bar. the rooms are very small for the price but they are nicely furnished although the pillows are uncomfortable.

The food in the bar was gorgeous and all the staff were extremely nice and helpful, we were late arriving and the kitchen was closed but the receptionist offered us sandwiches which was very kind as she knew we were after having a long journey.

Beautiful place.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was such a lovely property,outside and inside. The room that we stayed in was decorated beautifully and laid out lovely. The beds were comfortable. The staff are very friendly. Will stay here again.

Very helpful and friendly bar staff and food was delicious

Would have liked a buffet breakfast

We had an evening meal that was reasonably priced and delicious, especially the chicken wing starter. The draught Heineken was good too. Nice relaxing place to have a meal and a few drinks.

Killarney is a lovely place and the hotel was nice.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The matteress was uncomfortable.

I was greeted by a lovely lady who checked me in and made me feel very welcome to the hotel. She is a great asset to them. The room was very modern and clean. As I was leaving at 4am the staff offered to have a continental breakfast prepared for me by the night porter but I didn't need one. Very positive, helpful and friendly team working at the hotel.

Restaurant was great.

Rubbish collection in the early morning is very disruptive to your sleep..sort your empty bottles out at a more reasonable hour.

Restaurant was great..room clean..beds comfortable..easy to park car...helpful staff..food great

watch out for the receptionest
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

when i arrived the lady at the desk informed me i didnt book breakfast and said if i had booked direct she would have given me b&b for away less we didnt like her atitude she tried to intrest us in a evening meel we didnt eat at the hotel at all we complaind to the maniger in the morning about a fan making noise allnight he said it was probelly someone in the room nextstore my wife and i stayed in alot of hotels and it is the first time we ever complained

room and hotel verry good

Never again!

No one at reception when we arrived. had to eventually take our own bags up a creaky old stairs to our room as well as carry my 1yr old baby. The triple room was small & noisy as it was over the kitchen fans & having a fold out cot in the room meant not being able to access the wardrobe. It was very hot & stuffy no air con & had to sleep with windows closed due to fan noise outside! Breakfast room was large cold & uninviting. We were the only people having breakfast at 9am. The 2 waitresses had no interest in being there. One had zero English & spent the duration of our breakfast washing glasses in a very noisy glass washer we could hardly hear ourselves talk the other was very unfriendly she took our order. on checkout again there was no one at reception very unprofessional! definitely won't be staying there again!

Very disappointing ... uncomfortable, overpriced , overrated ,. Rip off ...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Sleeping rough on the street !!! Good over priced, steak was no bigger than a lamb chop! !. Every 2nd bottle of west coast cooler was Flat !!!

Bad was a back breaker !!! Not a bit comfortable. . You couldn't swing a cat in the room .. locker right inside the door so you can walk straight into it and break a leg...

Amazing get away to Killarney
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The only thing was the double bed was actually 2 single beds but besides that everything else was amazing and comfortable

The full Irish was amazing, the warm croissants lightly crispy but soft in the middle so yum and the bathroom and room was so clean and well represented.The staff were all so accommodating and friendly was an all round pleasure to stay

Best nights sleeep
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Fab hotel Margaret the receptionist was excellent showed us our room and changed us to one with a lovely window looking out on to green fields. Breakfast was divine.

Would highly recommend
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This hotel has recently been done up and it looks lovely. The rooms were clean and spacious and the beds were comfy. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the food was gorgeous.

Comfortable hassle free break

More facilities for children eg a playground in d little green space out the back. If that was there I would give this hotel 10 out of 10

The food and service were excellent. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was very comfortable.

Good

No elevator or staff to help with bags There were 2 ladies at the front desk when I checked out one seemed to be directing the other. The one directing was frankly rude when I asked about tours to dingle at noon she said you have to be up earlier than this to get a tour even if you booked it yesterday in a very snippy tone when I put my credit card in the machine the read out said remove card and she said in a sharp tone Don t do that. I told her the read out said to and she said it doesn't work. Never apologized. Frankly she needs training herself before training others Kathleen made up for her behaviour the night before

Kathleen on the front desk was terrific guiding us to the hotel and greeting us Breakfast was great

Fabulous stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The smell in the hall way. Was there the duration of our stay. Smelt like sewage.

The most comfy bed i have slept in pillows were heaven. Ideal location.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Peaceful location, and only a short spin into Killarney.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathroom needs little extras e.g. shower caps. Also would benefit from an extra handrail to help people into the bath to have a shower. The handrail at the far side is too far away to grab if someone is elderly or has poor balance. It also needs a light over the mirror for the men to see while shaving my partner said!! The make up mirror is a nice touch but again poor lighting makes it unusable. These are things that didn't bother us, but just noticed and could help older folks :-) We would definitely stay again!!

Loved the peace and quiet due to its location.

Staff friendly mostly
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wanted a bottle of red wine in the room but they couldn't provide red, only rose for room. Was ok to serve bottle of red wine with dinner in bar later..?

Staff friendly mostly

Lovely staff,amazing food,very clean :D
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Could have done with 2 soft pillows as my husband used the only soft one and I found the others a bit hard but I'm just being picky now haha

The breakfast was GORGEOUS 11 out of 10,the staff were all really helpful and friendly :)the place was lovely and clean.beautiful views.

The room was was like ---- it was so cold & we had our...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was was like ---- it was so cold & we had our 19 month old with us & she was frozen kept waking up with the cold, the manger was the must rude person I ever met, we will never again return to the torc hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

nightmare couldnt sleep needs soundproofing or limit to time music playing.

Unfortunately for me and my friends there was a party on in main bar, the noise until 3,30 was very very loud keeping us awake till after 3.30am. Patrons jumping on timber floors roaring at top of their voices even after band finished.it was hell/

nice clean room good breakfast good location.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Bring earplugs
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Walls paper thin - i may as well have been sharing with the older couple next door who watched tv until early morning and at 8.30am. I left more tired than i arrived!

Very friendly staff, good location

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

very displeased will not be back
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

bed not comfortable very bad menu altho we booked a la cart menu we were told the restaurant was closed and we would have to eat in the bar area

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Excellent hotel and superb staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Only a very small thing, the handles on the public toilet doors needed a Polish.

Everything. The hotel was perfect for us. Food, staff, room, bar and grounds.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Lovely hotel .near the town and very clean and good food.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Have bit of music sat night.on one more thing breakfast a bit pricey .14euo each.in all nice place to stay.

Nice food .clean room.lovely friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Good value for your money - nice, friendly, clean hotel - really enjoyed my stay

Located about 2.5 miles from town on the main Mallow road

Friendly & helpful staff, clean, quiet and comfy rooms, when I asked if I could checkout up to 1 hour late, no problem what so ever.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Lovely relaxing break.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed not very comfortable. Shower kept going hot and cold and was not very powerful.

Beautiful food. Breakfast cooked fresh and the bacon was the nicest I've tasted. 😀 Rooms lovely and quiet.

Friendly staff, great location, MASSIVE bed!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff at this place were so friendly. They really made the stay all the more special. They also gave us great advice for places to visit. I would definitely stay in this hotel again. Also got a queen size bed! Absolutely huge!

Lovely place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good location a little out of city but not far. great food & night entertainment. Very helpfull happy staff. Excellent value for money would have no hesitation returning

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff could have been a little more friendly and welcoming

Staff were efficient but lacked some friendliness when compared to our previous experiences at about 6 other hotels all over Ireland.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Lovely place rooms were very comfortable staff lovely...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Just out a bit far about 40 min walk to center but taxi avaliable for 10 euro each way

Lovely place rooms were very comfortable staff lovely can't fault it

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

huge bed, big bathroom, nice stuff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

we used the bedroom only at night to sleep, so I dont have any bad thing to say about it. We didn't spend much time there.

huge bed, big bathroom, nice stuff

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

the room was large and airy and away from the sun so could...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the price of the breakfast was shocking. needless to say we didn't have it.

the room was large and airy and away from the sun so could lie in in the morning

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Very dissapointed
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very uncomfortable bed. Breakfast was overcooked & some burnt.Ordered a medium cooked steak got a very well done one.

Large room. Reception staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Overall very impressed with Torc hotel and would recommend to all.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff in garden room for breakfast were very serious no manner not even a smile from some of them😦 The toilet seat very dangerous one would not want to be drunk to sit on it!!

The food was excellent very fresh and hot and fab portions. The pub staff very friendly and cooperative.👍

The room was excellent
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

6.30 am on Sunday morning we were woken up by bins being moved and glass bottles smashing . I thought that was a strange time for staff to do that .

The room was excellent

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Comfortable stay with friendly staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room location was above where the hotel's maintenance area was and was very noisy at 6 o'clock in the morning with bottles rattling and trolleys rattling across the bitumen road.

Room was big and bed was king size. Due to location the hotel served meals which were good with good sized portions. All staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Nice place to stay

Just the toiled lid was broken in our room :-/

Very friendly stuff, easy parking and good location although you'll need the car to pop into the city. The room were nice and clean

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

New hotel, clean and good room, free parking, nothing around.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not soundproofed room. Ridiculously expensive breakfast, but a lot of food there, even if not enough fresh vegetables.

Hotel appears well maintained, room was new and clean, but not well soundproofed. Free parking. You need a car, and there is nothing around.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

I loved the hotel, but I hated the bed.

The bed was horrible. It was two twin beds (top and bottom mattresses) bolted together. Terribly old and terribly uncomfortable.

This is a very nice quaint hotel with a great pub and restaurant. The location is a little off the beaten path with low traffic volumes making for a quiet stay. :)

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Good premisses and really nice staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We thought it was closer to Killarney. Slightly complicated to get there, but that might have been because we're foreigners...

The staff was really nice, the receptionist went out of her way to make coffee for us the next morning in the pub as we did not stay for breakfast. Check-in and check-out was fast and easy, as was the payment for our rooms.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Lovely short break in the torc hotel.

Tap in room didn't work properly, had no cold water in the mornings. No entertainment in bar any night,

Newly furnished rooms , decor lovely and food is hotel is really good.

really good except for the bedroom being unbearably hot.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

beds too hard ,pillows too hard .the bedroom has no air conditioning not even a fan ,,it was very uncomfortable .

very friendly staff .lovely food

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay

Staff excellent

I have traveled over 120,000 miles on my motorbike touring GB and Ireland. This was the best hotel

Excellent position out of town,warm welcoming very clean excellent friendly and helpful staff great food and value for money

Great would stay again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Would have been nice to have a exercise facility

Guinness was great and the staff very friendly

The staff were very helpful and friendly. Nice hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was great except for the pillows. Everyone of the family found them too high and hard. otherwise all good.

Okay

Facilities and breakfast buffet

Room

Perfect night away with family, enjoyed by all.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was perfect and food was excellent. Great location and very family friendly - especially for little ones.

Was a great weekend and would stay again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff where lovely and very helpful room was very tidy and clean and great service

room was very

Wifi was very slow and kept disconnecting, bed was nice and big but a little hard and uncomfortable

room was very spacious and clean

Great value for money.

Great value for money.

Oops
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Slow- no service evening meal we did not get asked if we would like a sweet or coffee😔

Garden room for breakfast

great staff

great staff

Lovely staff lovely room No leisure club and too far out of town
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location was too far out of town

The room is big and very warm.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is big and very warm.

Good value