Reviews of Aspect Hotel Park West 3 stars

Park West Avenue, Nangor Road, D12 Clondalkin , Ireland

#4 of 8 hotels in Clondalkin

Due to a shortage of rooms in Dublin, they price was raised to double the usual posted rate on the wall. This is really wrong and not the way you build loyalty. And in the rooms there is no a/c and no ventilation. Window can only be slightly cracked, so really warm night. It has alot of potential but not sure I will stay here again. Just being honest.

it was clean with new carpet

• Standard Twin Room

Too far away from amenities, building and land not looked after, views uncared for garbage filled lot; extra 50 plus euros a day for transportation into amenities

Good breakfast

• Standard Twin Room

20-30 minute bus ride to town. Absolutely nothing nearby; no stores, no restaurants, no pubs. Better instructions on bus and train service needed. Front desk really couldn't tell be the best way to get to town; was even told "I'm not sure so I won't say in case I'm wrong". Restaurant prices a little high.

Hotel has all you need: restaurant, bar, laundry service (2 day turn around tho). Bus stop to town right outside the hotel, very nice. Bartenders very friendly.

Small bit of the wall in our needed paint. That's all

The room was great. Small living room off it with I mini kitchen , TV and sofa. The staff were very helpful. Especially since I had to rush on of the kids to the hospital at 3am. I'll be staying there again.

Cups in the room weren't big enough for a decent drink.. would've much preferred a MUG..!! As a wheelchair user, I didn't enjoy the transport links to get to the City..

EXCELLENT breakfast selection, well worth the price for both of us.. Enjoyed the peace and silence in the room.

• Standard Twin Room

No issues that were negative

The reception desk guy on night time duty was very helpful and provided me with detailed information re. directions to my next destination on the morning of departure. Overall, a very positive and pleasant stay at this hotel.

I got a 8 am phone call as a wake up call that WE did NOT ask for , we had been woke up from our sleep very unhappy. when i told the person on the phone we did not ask for a wake up call i was told yes we did . very rude

friendly staff

• Standard Twin Room

The location is far from downtown, although it has very convenient bus (at door) and train (5 minute walk), except it has very limited service on Sundays and holidays. Hotel to airport costs 50 euros. The breakfast at the restaurant needs to improve (and so does the management). Tour groups clean out some items and for both days of our stay, they were not replaced - orange juice, pastries, etc.

Room was fine. It was a good size, comfortable bed - a typical double room in a modern hotel/motel.

Booked double room a smoking room when we got 2 hotel was told only twin room available very disappointed wasn’t told that at point if booking girls toiletries facilities wasn’t working no staff support

Room was spacious

Staff extremely rude apart from one lady called Alex. Food was not nice at all. Breakfast didnt even have Orange juice. Went to have lunch next day no wraps. And staff again very rude and unhelpful

Is not actually easy to get into Dublin. Takes much longer shuttle infrequent and unreliable. No facilities nearby. Literally in the middle of nowhere industrial estate.

Comfy clean bedrooms.

They charged me 3 times the cost of accommodation, twice a 24 hours before I got to the hotel and then once again at departure. I still hope that I will recover the overpaid amounts. It is located very far from the city center (it takes about an hour to get to the center). Breakfast has no taste and is not varied.

The location is €20 taxi fare to town but it suited us as we had tickets to concert in Phoenix park.

Fantastic hotel staff great rooms and so clean would highly recommend it.

Out in the sticks on the edge of an industrial estate. Couldn't check in until 3.00pm and then queued 20 minutes to check in. Couldn't get into room as card access reader was broken and then it was not what was booked (this was subsequently changed). Treated as an inconvenience by unhelpful sometimes surly staff. Found what looked like blood on a bathroom towel obviously not washed from previous guests. Couldn't add drinks or breakfast to the room bill. At breakfast, Tea was dispensed lukewarm and stewed from an urn!! Hotel couldn't book a taxi when asked, instead was told to download an App and book directly. It was no surprise that no one checking out was asked if they enjoyed their stay

• Standard Twin Room

The service was appalling! We were interrupted twice during our "meal" if you could call it that to pay for the bill as the manager said he had to close the til. This was at 1pm in the day! We had inquired about food and we're told to come back for 12:30 despite the menu stating 12. They hadn't our choices in stock but waited until the order went through before bringing us the menu back to re select. The food wasn't of a good standard at all and neither was the service!

The room was excellent

• Standard Twin Room

Service isn't quick. Waiting nearly an hour for food and not many veggie options at all. Also automatic front door needs to be fixed.

Value for money, bed is comfy and hotel is right by train that takes you to Houston in 6 mins!

Service was a little bit slow at the restaurant and staff could have been more helpful when we asked about getting a taxi and where the nearest ATM was.

The bed was comfortable and room was very spacious. Good choice of food throughout the day as there is breakfast served, carvery and other meals. The hotel is right next to Park West & Cherry Orchard train station which is a 10 minute journey into Dublin.

We didn't like that someone walked into our room while we were sleeping and didn't know why they came in. Also still came in even though we didn't say they could.

The room was at a perfect temperature to sleep in and the bed was super comfy

• Standard Triple Room

There was one staff member female she had no manners and when we ask her for directions she was no help.Also the breakfast was very poor tea was cold .

They room was the only thing that was perfect

• Standard Twin Room

The toilet in our room wouldn’t flush and when I approached the room cleaner she said ohh no it’s fine leave it she didn’t look at the issue at all ...staff are very ignorant

• Standard Twin Room

My sister was disappointed that there were no cigarettes on sale on the hotel,especially when all local shops were closed. She had to spend 20 on a taxi to go get some....missed sales opportunity

Friendly helpful staff Very clean

Booking .com I booked 2 family rooms when I got there I double bed in each room had to pay extra 20 pounds a night for fould up bed will not book true booking .com again

Too far away from dublin city in an industrial estate not even a shop within walkin distance hotel vending machines on each floor that never stocked bottled water

It was nice clean the staff were helpful the food was good

• Standard Twin Room

There was no mini fridge which made bringing any food back to the room for the next day was a challenge. The bar staff seemed unhappy when we ordered pizza from the bar during operational hours.

They were very accommodating to the requests that we made. The two front desk staff when we arrived were very helpful and wanted to help in anyway that they could.

Was very quite an very relaxing sleep an the cleanliness of the room was excellent but was very disappointed in reaturant food

I thought the rooms were very clean an the staff were very nice an friendly. Was disapointed on food we got in reaturant.

• Standard Twin Room

The breakfast was awful. The tea and coffee were disgusting. We had breakfast about 10am and i'm sure the tea and coffee were made from early morning. Worst choice of breads no pastries at all. The hot breakfast probable the worst we ever had in a hotel.

The room was adequate and the beds were comfortable. Shower was the best thing about the hotel

Room as cold. Trainee on the front desk hadn't a clue her supervisor had to keep overriding to give me the correct information. Girl in dining area just didn't want to be there didn't get a good vibe!

The meal I ate at the restaurant was disgusting and the waiter was rude. The hotel is located in the middle of nowhere. Their airport shuttle only starts at 11am and a cab ride to the airport is roughly 48 euro.. waste of money. I should have gone home instead of staying here my last night.

The room was large.

I suppose the only thing that surprised me was that, as an able bodied woman, I was given a room for someone who might perhaps be in a wheelchair. The bathroom had no seperate shower or bath and had a lot of handrails. I was only there one night so it was fine. If I'd been there for a couple of day, I'd have asked to be moved to another room.

Car park not very secure as on my stay multiple car windows broken. Park west petrol very slow to react, probably because they have a large area to pertrol...I watched the guy that did the break in just walked away. Hotel needs onsite security or indoor parking as I did not feel safe leaving my rental onsite. Note hotel will not pay for any property damaged in the car park...warning signs all over the car park.

Hotel staff nice and rooms very clean.

Room was too warm in the early morning. The pillows were really uncomfortable. The lighting was very false in the bathroom ..regards shaving and putting on make up A deposit was taken also after the room was fully paid for. Still not returned. The supervisors were seen to agrue with staff members in the restaurant. Tables were not cleared also

The hotel was central.. Very relaxed atmosphere.

• Standard Triple Room

Staff weren't the friendliest. Never asked if we'd enjoyed our stay or if everything was okay for us. Seemed very disintetested.

Location of Hotel was conveniently near Liffy Valley Shopping Center.

The room was exceptionally large. The entire hotel was spotless. Kids meals were especially great value for money. The best part of the stay though were the staff , I had made an error with dates booking and they waived their right to take the full fee for my error and instead transferred it to pay for the night I required. Also... the waitresses were above helpful and accommodating with my son. Will definitely return here.

There was a table but no chairs in the bedroom. They bathroom light was flickering. Asked for wkd at the bar and they said there was none when I could see it in the fridge

Bed was very high but comfy

It‘s not very close to Dublin‘s inner city but you have a train station right around the corner as well as a bus station;

We had a great stay in Dublin! Nice and friendly staff, calm and well equipped rooms;

nothing all was good

Staff made us feel welcome and let us stay At the hotel longer then needed while we was Awaiting on our ferry home.thank you so much And also the train station is a two minute walk from the Hotel one stop and your in Dublin town center it costs 4 euros return that's all. very good place to stay from Alison and Shaun we will be back a gain soon ... and the Price was good ...

I didn't like the way my friends were charge €10 for a breakfast when they were late down for it and could one get tea and toast that was to much for that

The big bed

• Standard Twin Room

The rooms were very basic and not exactly inviting. The Windows whisled when the wind picked up and when you wanted some fresh air and opened the window it was the same noise. The reception was cold and very basic. The breakfast was €10 but the selection was either a fry up, some sliced bread and pineapple juice. A lot of Europeans were over for St Patrick's day and they like myself enjoy a continental style breakfast and a better selection of bread rolls and maybe even a few croissants with jam(s). Yes there were a few yoguarts but hey ho. I think the hotel could do better but if I were offered the chance to stay again I would decline because for the cost of the twin room per night I would certainly find better value for money else where. This hotel was out of the city and not exactly near anything so it was taxis to everything which does add up.

The good part to the hotel was leaving if honest.

• Standard Twin Room

I asked for a quiet room, they put next to a vending machine which woke me several times.

The rooms are good. But the staff are not very helpful at this hotel

Horrible looking building, cold and uninviting. Very basic hotel. Suit business but not pleasure. No ATM, or cash back facilities. Basic food menu. Breakfast serve yourself, food cold as lids left uncovered. Meal is hotel took forever, we thought they lost our order. Tea cups at breakfast badly stained and cutlery was dirty

Maybe not so important for other people - communication about daily cleaning/not cleaning room should be better. We didn't insert table with message "Don't clean room" (or similar) on the door and our room was cleaned when we were not present there. But we communicated it with stuff later and I was OK (no cleaning) during next days. Also wifi connection should be more secure (protected). But these 2 thing are not very important and I recommend this hotel.

Hotel si very nice and modern with many rooms. Restaurant available but I didn't use it. Good location with bus parking just near the hotel. Nice view from room. I will probably return here next time.

Dated furniture wasn't needed in the room. Upgrades could be done to the aesthetics.

Location to train station and bus route were perfect. Easy to find.

As mentioned above

When I booked into the hotel I was'nt told what time breakfast was so when I went down in the morning at 7.30 I was told that the Breakfast would be at 8 and when I came down again I was told that it would be 8.30 as when this happened I could'nt wait for breakfast as I had a meeting. This was dissapointing.

• Standard Twin Room

Not a problem but the bath towels were a little small.

This hotel was very well priced and located. I was pleasantly surprised that all areas were top quality. We didn't have breakfast but did have coffee and the staff were lovely from reception to the bar and dining area. We had a lovely spacious comfortable clean room. We were meeting a large group of friends and nobody had anything negative to say about their stay. We enjoyed our stay and will stay again.

The whole check out process has become a nightmare as we're still waiting for the money that was secured against our account to be returned. If this is standard procedure for them I'd look to stay elsewhere. Very disappointing.

Was a reasonably priced stay with friendly staff and a nice atmosphere.

• Standard Twin Room

I will recommend to go there, and stay in the this hotel, without any doubt. Keep 1 thing in mind, its a standard practice in Ireland that the hotel rates may vary on daily basis, so please decide and book all together unless you want to change from park west area. Its very close to the bus stop, and the bus is there always always on time. 79a is the bus!

Staff could have been a little more pleasant, demanded €50 deposit per room on arrival. I have stayed at this hotel before and was never any mention of a deposit. Did not inspect the room upon departure either

The staff were not very accommodating and not helpful at all, the room was clean in certain aspects but the mattress was stained. It was very basic to be honest.

The man at check in was very rude and didn even smile once and ordered a pizza and said it be 10 mins and was waiting a hour for it

The size of the room how clean it was some staff was friendly manager was total rate

Room was very hot at night time even with the heater turned off, no water facilities provided and the vending machine on our floor didn't stock bottled water, you have to call a number to gain access to the main building after 12pm which was inconvenient

Good value for money, friendly staff, late checkout, mattress is firm and comfortable, rooms are large

We go to Crumlin hospital quite regalarly, & it's in the perfect position to get to the hospital in 10/15 mins .....it's a lovely hotel clean & friendly !!!!!

• Standard Twin Room

More drink selection in bar - didn't have West Coast Cooler!!!!

We stayed her when my daughter had early appointment in Crumlin hospital. Very handy and convenient for hospital. Room was very clean and comfy. Great value for money. We ate in hotel bar and food was very nice.

• Standard Twin Room

I asked for a quiet room at the back of the hotel, but was given a room at the front. There was a piercing buzz from a generator or something all night. I am a very light sleeper.

My son and I found the room very comfortable.

The car park is very dark and a little secluded

I asked for a quiet room and was given a room at the back of the hotel at the end of the corridor, very quiet. The bed was very comfortable.

hotel asks for a 50 euro deposit at checking in and ends up been bother at checkour they need to go up and check the room b4 returning ur money and staff are extremely rude

The noise in the halls carry into the rooms

Easy to get to Dublin by car, train ar bus. Rooms were spacious with a nice size bathroom. Good restaurant and bar area. Hotel is what you would expect for a business hotel, would stay again.

The view from the windows

Bed very comfortable room lovely. If anything I'd suggest maybe getting a good landscaper to maybe do something with the eyesore of field near the hotel the view us horrendous

Helpful staff and comfortable hotel but mainly for business purpose.. Not suitable for vacations as located in a secluded location with very few shops around..

• Standard Twin Room

When we arrived the reception, bar and restaurant area was freezing, the heating was out of action from the following day and still out fixed, There was 1 Gent looking after both bar & restaurant all on his own,something you might see in Fawlty Towers,Got to the room and it was freezing too, lucky enough there was a heater in the room,but no one in management had the sence to turn on the heaters in the rooms before people arrive. In Short very bad management

Nice room

The place is soo far from everything you would have to drive , not a great location to get places you need a car ! It was suchhh great value, the manager was the most friendliest he was sooo nice and full on information, the rest of the staff don’t even smile much or even at all which is a shame hotel room was kinda cold the heating takes ages to come on. It was good value tho for my stay for one night.

This is the only hotel in the area known to me which closes the resident's bar at 11:30pm. While the nearest pub or bar is over a mile away! Not good for guests arriving late and looking for that relaxing ping of Guinness before the sleep...

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The lobby area was quite cold but the bedroom was warm and comfortable so wasn't a huge issue. I would definitely stay here again.Well positioned and good value for money.

Cosia, at reception was so helpful and went out of her way to ensure that we had everything we needed for our meeting.I was very impressed with her commitment to customer satisfaction.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Would never stay here again was locked out of my room for over an hour no one at reception to speak to about had to ring from my mobile to get someone. When it was said the next morning they were extremely rude and disrespectful. After all that they have now taking €100 from my bank account saying I was smoking in the room, I don't smoke and I explained this and asked for prove to which they hung up on me. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone since dealing with them.

The staff were efficient and polite. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I stay here regularly and it is a convenient to the city centre and the M50.

• Standard Twin Room

The staff were rude and not very helpful. Seemed like they didn't want to do their job never mind talk to you. Pity as it's such a lovely hotel with lovely food

Room was great very spacious clean bedding etc

The shower was awful I slipped in it then my 7 year old slipped and actually fell in it there should be slip mats in the shower

It was a clean nice hotel

We had dinner there the first night and I have to say the food was very average.

The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. The pillows were great.

• Standard Twin Room

Nothing around this location, it is on a business park where most things are shut at the weekend. Train and buses are limited to this location, so taxi only option. Free shuttle bus mentioned on website, but this wasn't told to us when we arrived at the property. Also deposit was taken, but was a surprise as this was not easy to find where this was mentioned on the website and is only applicable if you pay by cash and debit card. Others who were with us paid with a credit card and were not made to pay the deposit so seemed very odd. It took us 10 or so minutes to check in, and out; a bit disorganised during this contact but overall stay was good. I felt our room was inspected before giving us our deposit back due to the time we were waiting.

Room was really comfy, bar prices were fair. Very clean hotel, and location quiet. Hotel was meant to be full, but hardly seen any guests during stay. Cleaning staff were polite, and even left us fresh towels outside the room. Hairdryer and tea making facilities in the room

Night porter was very rude, we returned to hotel, and were greeted with, “What do ye want”. Sink stopped became lodged in sink and couldn’t be used. Hotel have no notice of a pre charge on card even when payment has been made at hotel. I paid €69 for a Saturday night, in Nov, I also stayed at this hotel in October on a Sat night for €129 and had no pre charge on my card.

Bar staff were lovely, drinks were reasonable priced. Hotel is placed well for bus service and train service.

The limited hours Ref food available in the hotel / but we did have breakfast & was loads to choose from , extremely fresh & very tasty so huge thumbs up

They lady on reception wasn’t the best & im assuming with the two dealings I had with her she must be new to the role as both times someone else had to take over or go over the information etc with me in saying this - I had emailed hotel week before to ask about early check in as was traveling with my 2 year old -got to reception they said nothing been noted on Acc - needless to say I was granted early access- which was a huge help

Reception desk staff very rude, disrespectful, if looks could kill I’d be dead twice, you expect to feel welcomed and respected upon arrival abit more when spending money to stay. Treated terrible I felt uncomfortable after how the staff treated me so I didn’t want to leave my room or call reception to ask for anything didn’t want to go the bar or restaurant incase they had anything to say to me so was forced to order takeaway to the room.

Bar was closed when we got back from a show, needed a drink of water or something travelled to all the floors and none of the vending machines had bottled water

Breakfast was good value

Had to get to airport early Sunday morning.no public transport,so had to book taxi.

Lovely hotel very clean large room .excellent stay.would stop again

• Standard Twin Room

The restaurant offered a big selection and catered for all of my team needs..

Location that suited us, not a City centre location, easy access for thw motorway and airport

Rude Staff

I was asked to leave a deposit €50, as I had paid for the room in cash. This was a first for me, hotels usually ask for your credit card. I happily complied and gave them the €50. The next morning I left early for meetings, on check out the €50 deposit was not mentioned to me. I've tried several times to get this deposit back from the hotel, they refuse to send me the money via bank transfer. They insist I must call into the hotel. The one time I was back in Dublin and I called into the hotel, the staff were extremely rude and told me that that I had to call in advance to get my €50 deposit. They were unable to give it to me. Why? I've no idea. I hope this is just a once off issue, but it really has been handled very badly by the staff of the hotel.