Reviews of Druids Glen Resort 5 stars

Druids Glen, Newtown Mount Kennedy, Ireland

#1 of 3 hotels in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Staff were excellent breakfast was very good with great...
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

Facilities for an adult disabled wheelchair user who was with me needs serious review. Couldn't sit on shower stool unaided in wet room which constantly flooded. Couldn't use pool or sauna because no hoist to lift them in and out and there was no one there to help out. Hotel needs to provide a proper Shower / Toilet Chair on wheels that can be used in bathroom and when the person comes out of the pool. Hotel also needs a hoist at the pool to ensure all disabled people can enjoy same facilities as everyone else. Lack of these items leave it very stressful for disabled person And their carers.

Staff were excellent breakfast was very good with great variety. Bar food on Sun night was very poor...over done and very pricey. Good facilities for able bodied adults and young children well catered for. Hotel spotless.

Perfection
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff where brilliant and the hotel was excellent

Staff,rooms facilitys, comfort, class,food every thing was great down to the kids slippers and robes for going swimming

Nice hotel but restaurant could have been better
    • Superior Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

Could not get a eat in the main restaurant until 9.30 pm and drinks prices were excessive

Location was good and a good deal was received with Secret Escapes

short break
    • Superior Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

room 229 the shower was tiny and dirty around the seal really only suitable size wise 4 a child. Sitting on toilet your knees were inside shower

Everything else was perfect comfy bed, food top drawer and staff lovely.

Breakfast was amazing
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

The local staff were nowhere near as good in term of service provision in comparison to ALL members of staff who were originally from overseas.

Breakfast was amazing

Treat yourself!
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

That I couldn't stay longer!

Everything was great - super breakfast, Liz on Reception was brilliant with information and Barbara in the breakfast area was a great host. All staff were amazing,

• Superior King Room (2 Adults Max)

Believe it tor not the only small issue its that with such a beautiful well appointed hotel the speakers deliver a tinny and metallic sound!! Oh for Bose.

Staff were very welcoming. The hotel is bight spacious and airy. The breakfast was lovely -all items fresh and the morning greeting was very warm. The concierge was very friendly and accommodating.

For a special occasion, it ticks every box.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

Restaurant was lovely but it was so hot in there and with tables so close together we felt a bit uncomfortable.

Treated like royalty from start to finish, total comfort and luxury. Wonderful staff, so friendly and helpful. Quite pricy but worth every penny!

Second visit, won’t stay again by choice,
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

The choice of food was ‘ordinary’ , poor selection and boring options. The Hake fish fish was good but I’d have preferred more choice. The swimming pool was average, not ‘5star’ The breakfast we chose was poached eggs, they were over cooked and had a smell of vinegar! Turn off!! The Duvet was a winter weight and we were both way too hot! A choice of a summer weight duvet would be advisable.

Staff excellent. Welcome/reception was luxurious with welcoming drink and warm hand towel. The decor of the room was gorgeous. The location was superb. The florist workmanship was fab!

Food disappointing but otherwise good.
    • Superior King Room (2 Adults Max)

Dinner in hugos restaurant was cold and tasteless. Are in bar next 2 nights and food a little better. Very disappointed with good but everything else excellent.

Relaxing atmosphere. Helpful friendly staff.

Amazing!
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

I informed the hotel its was our anniversary & my husbands birthday & they upgraded us & left a note in the room & chocolates , nice touch & was very appreciated. room was lovely & spacious, huge bathroom & everything was just pristine!

Excellent stay. Will be back for sure.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

The only thing I didn’t like was the Lemon and Rosemary ‘Cake’ from the dessert menu. Very disappointing.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was very good in the bar area as was the breakfast.

Relaxing, peaceful and luxurious.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

The restaurant is a bit pricey so we ate in the bar. There's really not much to not like about this hotel.

The room was amazing. We stayed in a suite on the 2nd floor. This was the same floor as the health club which was very convenient for us. The health club was great. Clean and not too busy. There was children's swimming lessons during our first evening and that didn't disturb us at all. The newly renovated bar is lovely. We were falling asleep after our meal. Very relaxing.

Druid's Glen
    • Superior King Room (2 Adults Max)

It's expensive so didn't stay more than one night but wish I could have, was fabulous. Its very geared towards avid golfers.

The beds were like sleeping in a cloud of dreams. I'll go back just to have that kind of night's sleep again. Staff were all polished, polite and friendly.

Amazing
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Absolutely fantastic . There was a card in our room to welcoming me us back . They gave my son a card for his confirmation . Milk and cookies in her room that evening for the kids. First class . Possibly best hotel that we have stayed in Ireland’s

Relaxation, de stress getaway
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

I got charged €17.95 for a glass of vintage green spot whiskey but I had ordered and was served a regular green spot which should have only cost €9,90 it was an old man serving in the bar at the end of the nice walk through the grounds. I wanted to say something but my husband said to leave it, it did annoy me though I was made to feel like “ that’s what it costs” and I watched him pour from the correct cheaper bottle but he charged us the wrong one :(

I loved the meal in Hugo’s

Fabulous hotel.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

There is nothing at all I can say we didn't like. We will definitely return.

What a fabulous hotel. It has everything you want. Definitely a 5 star hotel. Pool is great. The staff are amazing. Food is gorgeous. We got an upgrade as it was a special anniversary. It was such a treat Thank you so much Druids Glen.

Small thing but I booked the weekend with a Visa Debit card.
    • Superior King Room (2 Adults Max)

Small thing but I booked the weekend with a Visa Debit card. Upon arrival I was told that I could not have things like drinks/additional meals etc. charged to my room if I was paying with a debit card. This meant I had to continually wait and pay each time I wanted anything. Not a big deal, however, not really in keeping with a 5 star service I was looking and paying for and was a slight annoyance. I was told this was Hotel policy by the receptionist but cannot see it on your website. I have stayed in many hotels (good and bad) but have never had this happen before.

Staff were lovely and accommodating.
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

To be honest lovely hotel maybe an oversight on my part but I did feel €225 for a room and no breakfast included was unbelievable. Staff were accommodating and actually embarrassed when I brought this up saying because I booked through yourselves it was not included this must be to discourage people booking through the site. They did give me a voucher off the cost of the breakfast but it was still €30 euro for two people ...

Staff were lovely and accommodating.

Really enjoyable stay with staff all willing to go the extra mile.
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

Only a small thing, but don’t think you should have to leave a restaurant and walk through the lobby to use the bathroom.

Staff were really exceptional in all area’s.

A comfy retreat to recharge the batteries and enjoy Co Wicklow at it's best.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

Bar is very bright and lacks atmosphere and lobby area a little short on space as an alternative.

Bed was super comfy and breakfast was fab. Spa, pool and facilities were excellent.

beautiful location for a weekend away
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

The cocktails were atrocious, and the hotel is beginning to age a little bit, there was the beginnings of mold in the shower, as well as when you look around in the swimming area there is quite a bit of mold and pealing paint. Could do with a little love. Its a shame to spend so much on a place that is beginning to look shabby.

We were greated with warm towels to wash our hands upon arrival, that was a lovely touch.

Very pleasant, homely and relaxed and I'll definitely return .
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

The bar area is getting extended and as a results there were very few seats inside and in the lobby area for everybody to sit down . I understand the work has to be done and it will be great when all works are completed .

Breakfast was delicious great variety !! Staff extremely friendly and very helpful . Definitely be back again .

Very enjoyable
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

I looked for advocate a drink and it was not available but the staff did there best to see if it was available.

The bed was fab so comfortable and a staff very friendly.

Not as good as it used to be, losing its charm with renovations!
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

Building work going on meant it was noisy and cold.New layout in front lounge not as good as before. Lost a lot of its character. Over run with children so not as peaceful as it once was. Menu choices curtailed and very expensive now. Quite disappointed really. Going again in June to give it the benefit of the doubt as building work should be done and maybe it will return to its former glory!

Lovely location, lovely staff, good facilities.

Very relaxing and a perfect way to cheer yourself up during grey February.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

My only small complaint would be the shower in my room was a bit cramped with weak water pressure but that's a bit over critical.

Staff couldn't do enough for us and the spa area is beautiful.

Nice staff lovely hotel
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

Ordered cappachino and it was Luke warm my husband got a coffee and cup was less than half full and Luke warm too,taught food from bar was standard enough

Room lovely,reception seating area v nice

Amazing stay for families
    • Superior King Room (2 Adults Max)

Everything was amazing :)

Amazing breakfast, awesome pool and facilities! Great play room for kids, and a handy kitchenette to cater for the young ones.

Truely relaxing and enjoyable.

Can’t think of anything

Loved everything about this hotel, highly recommend it and we would stay again. On arrival we received warm apple drinks and hot hand towels after being out in the cold. During the evening house keeping came round with biscuits, chocolates and just to check if we needed anything for our room. On departure we received water bottles for our journey home. The breakfast was amazing and the pool was so relaxing. The staff were all so lovely. Can’t wait to go back.

Outstanding!
    • Superior King Room (2 Adults Max)

Fantastic service from the moment we arrived until we left, absolutely loved everything about this hotel, it has so much to offer! We will definitely be back!

Very disappointed with Druids Glen
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

The entrance to the hotel has apartments all the way through so we were disappointed it wasn't on its own... it felt more like a complex. The service was poor, I waited 20 minutes for scones, when I got them they had bee microwaved. My husbands pints consistently had a head on them bigger than a Parson's Collar ( as my father use to say). My dinner was bland I had Mallard Duck, although my husband loved his he had the Halibut. The restaurant has 2 Rossetts so I was expecting a lot having stayed in Castle Leslie 2 weeks prior, their restaurant has 2 Rossetts also and the food there was mouth watering, the service was 5 star, the attention our table got was second to none and the menu was amazing so I had high expectations of Druids Glen.... I was sadly disappointed and I would not recommend here if you want impeccable 5 star service. The room was nice but not a wow factor... the bathroom was very dated in my opinion so I won't be going back.

It's it Wicklow

Comfortable, relaxing and refreshing.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

The bar staff could have been better, they seemed inexperienced and less professional than all the other staff.

The health spa was so comfortable and relaxing, one of the best I have been to.

We will definitely be back. Loved that the restaurant wasnt over crowded it was lively and quiet
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

Would have preferred if there wasnt so many activities in the pool- kids swimming lessons, aqua aerobics- but we really didnt mind

Easy to find. Good parking. Greeted by staff at the door who helped with bags. Girls on the desk were excellent. We were upgraded to the most gorgeous room. Made the stay very special. Pool and leisure facilities were excellent. Food was excellent in the restaurant. And nespresso machine in the room was amazing to have.

Lovely relaxing stay and spa treatment.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

As we booked via booking.com, we were not entitled to free breakfast, which we were only informed of at the arrival to the hotel, so we had to pay additional €30 to have breakfast. That was not a pleasant surprise.

We have stayed in the hotel for a midweek spa break, it was wonderful. The spa personel was amazing and the treatment was fabulous. Also the afternoon tea was lovely largely thanks to Irena who was so nice, helpful and professionaland and by far the nicest hotel employee there.She made our afternoon tea a truly relaxing experience.

A lovely treat for New Year's Eve
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

Signposting from N11 could be better. Wanted to stay longer!

Food was great, staff excellent, friendly professional vibe. Bed comfortable. Loads of towels.

Cosy New Year's Eve 2017
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

If I had to give a complaint it would be that my cappuccino was not frothy enough. But that's being very picky.

The bedroom and en-suite were very clean and there was a very comfortable bed in a beautifully decorated room. Good walk around the grounds. Nice feeling of being remote yet local attractions and Dublin are all very close by. Staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a great choice for breakfast. We felt we paid a fair price for what we got.

Great location but not a quiet relaxing break
    • Superior King Room (2 Adults Max)

The hotel was full of children for the New Year holidays which meant kids screaming / running around the hotel until 11:30pm each day. Room cleaning did not happen

The location and generally staff were excellent and friendly.

Outstanding hotel and amenities
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

For the separate price paid, I would expect a better choice of food in the continental breakfast.

Nice furniture and cozy environment. Great location and great amenities (spa + pool + gym).

Great stay.
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I was disappointed that I could not have breakfast included in my booking.com deal

The bar snacks were very tasty and breakfast excellent. Staff couldn’t have been more pleasant and helpful. A great experience from start to finish

More welcoming than Christmas dinner 😁
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

Got a room near the elevators so there was slightly more traffic outside our room- didnt mind too much as everything else was amazing!

Staff were amazing, hotel is absolutely pristine. Rooms are oppulent and comfortable, looking forward to going back again!!

Fantastic. Exceedes expectations every time we stay. 1000/10.
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff are out of this world. We stay here every couple of months, and are always made to feel special. They really do go out of their way to help you, and are always so kind to my children. Rooms are gorgeous and spacious, food is amazing and the beds are sooo comfy

Amazing
    • Superior King Room (2 Adults Max)

There was no bathroom in the restaurant, so had to return to the lobby when using the facilities

Beautiful decor throughout, friendly staff and amazing location

Cosy, relaxing , Christmassy!
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Pool area seemed slightly cold , could have been warmer . All else was good.

Christmas decorations were lovely and cosy . Staff very welcoming and attentive. Lovely warming fire to sit beside . Breakfast plentiful and lots of variety. Restaurant lighting/decor at night was very impressive .

A beautiful break.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

They could have given me a gift voucher to come back for another night. Only joking, it’s so lovely we will be saving up to book again.

Staff were so welcoming, friendly and helpful.

Ok
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

Service was extremely slow & staff allowed children to run riot around the hotel all weekend. We were then charged an additional €100 in error on leaving & were asked to produce a restaurant receipt to prove the charge was incorrect - rude! Certainly nowhere near 5*

Relaxing break can't wait to return for another stay.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

The only small critism was the coffee seemed to go cold very quickly in the China pots but only a minor issue.

We were given such a warm welcome on arrival and Liz was so helpful at check in explaining all the hotel amenities that were available also the glass of spiced cider was a lovely welcoming touch. As we sat beside the fire to drink our cider our luggage had already been transported to our room no delay at all. The rooms were excellent. Spacious cosy and decor was beautiful. We just felt totally relaxed from this point. We decided to order room service on the first night which was excellent and arrived inside 15 minutes by another friendly member of staff. The next morning the breakfast was served to us in the wonderful dining room which has magnificent views over the countryside. Breakfast was delicious . We then decided to go on the 6K walk which was energising and we came back feeling totally refreshed and in need of the spa. We had a chilling afternoon at the spa before getting ready for dinner. We had to try a cocktail before dinner which certainly didn't disappoint . Then on to dinner being served by a very attentive French waiter . Our food was amazing. From my scallops for starters to my fillet for mains an of course my husband had to have panna cotta for dessert. Food was really rich and the presentation was outstanding. After another cocktail in the bar and some music we had to call it a night. Next morning we were so sad to be leaving but had to enjoy another lovely breakfast and a gym trip before check out at noon. We had such an amazing few days here and could not recommend highly enough. Can't wait to go back.

It was very relaxing.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

I rang and asked if there was vegan option 8n the restaurant and was told there was a full vegan menu but it was actually a vegetarian menu with one poor vegan option that wouldn't really be considered a proper meal.

Nice relaxed atmosphere. Beds super comfortable. Nice walk around golf course.

Perfect relaxing break away
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

It was a little expensive.

Myself and my husband had a lovely weekend, in the Druids Glen. The hotel is gorgeous and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We used the gym, swimming area, spa and the hotel restaurant for dinner and breakfast and it was superb. Not too far from Dublin either, very easy to get to, and the surrounding area is gorgeous and rural. Great walks.

Comfortable but nothing that makes the hotel stand out.
    • Superior King Room (2 Adults Max)

The spa/leisure centre. For a 5 star hotel to have a "spa" and to find out it was just like a local swimming pool is quite disappointing. I was hoping for a nice pool in a dark room with candles and beds and soft music playing, which is normally what a spa resort is like, to find out it was a loud, very bright, not at all relaxing local swimming pool. The fact that children's swimming lesson were on more than the adult only hours is a bit off putting when you are paying a lot of money for a spa night away. It was just a let down and did not suit the hotel nor did it make me feel relaxed and comfortable.

The staff at the Druids Glen were absolutely amazing, so helpful and friendly and couldn't be more kind. Every member of staff was alaways smiling! Rooms were very spacious and extremely comofortable, and they are also spotless!

One night stay
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Bar wasn't very cosy/inviting.

Staff were excellent. Really enjoyed the service and the luxury of the room. Breakfast was impressive. Beautiful grounds.

Simply beyond our expectations, that dream break you have always promised yourselves.
    • Superior King Room (2 Adults Max)

Leaving to come home. So much more than 'just a nice hotel'

I have travelled for the last 37 years, stayed in penthouse suites in Dubai, stunning resorts in Oman, Sri Lanka, Jamaica, Florida etc. but none come close to this. Anyone thinking of running a hotel should hire their staff, then ship them to Druids Glen for a master class in hospitality. Across the board, you could not fault anything. Do not be put off by the fact that is a golf resort, that is academic. Even the planting in the gardens is impressive. We now have a silver birch planted in the back garden, it is called 'The Druid'.

The most beautiful hotel I ever stayed in. The staff,food,beds etc was all excellent.
    • Superior Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

Ah this hotel is just wonderful. The staff is excellent, the food was top class. The beds was the nicest beds I was ever in. I didn't want to leave this hotel and we definitely will be back. We had no need to ever leave the hotel and was such a relaxing visit.

Great hotel, very nice staff, but left a little disheartened.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

Compared to other 5-star resorts, there were a few small things that let it down. For example, breakfast was a buffet (not freshly cooked) and lacked a number of simple options which other 5 star hotels would have as standard. Also, at the time we booked it was not clear that breakfast at Druids Glen is always an additional cost if reserved through BOOKING.COM (this looks to be rectified now and is a lot more clear). Given that it is a 5-star rated resort we understood breakfast to be included (our naivety) as it generally is at all hotels of this standard. On checking into the hotel we were informed about the breakfast times and other hotel facilities in great detail, but at no stage were we informed of the price of breakfast. We had also insisted on paying for the stay on arrival and stated that we wanted to pay-as-we-go and not have anything billed to our room. We were very dishearted to receive a 60 euro bill on departure.

The hotel is great. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The leisure facilities are excellent.

Spa treatment was the best I ever had would highly recommend...
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

Breakfast is overpriced so we did not avail of it. Even though we were offered a €5 discount. It should have been included in the room rate which was pricey enough.

Spa treatment was the best I ever had would highly recommend it!

I wished I'd booked in for a longer stay.
    • Superior Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

Very warm in the restaurant.

Excellent, very relaxed atmosphere at this hotel. Staff are attentive, courteous and professional. Room was very comfortable, beds were hard to get out of.

Not as nice as expected
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The shower in the room wasn't of a high standard and no proper temperature settings. Breakfast was overpriced at €20 per person. There was quite a corporate feel to the hotel rather than the 5 star its meant to be.

The food was nice but overpriced

A lovely resort.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

Very welcoming and professional staff. We went to Druids Glen Resort for golf which according to my husband was excellent. It was his second time here and my first. There is a wonderful spa and pool at the resort. The grounds are lovely and there is a path for anyone who wants to get in a nature walk which we did. It was quite a long walk which took us to a golf lodge where the hotel happily sent around their courtesy van to pick us up and bring us back to the resort. There is a beautiful, comfortable lobby. Our room was tastefully decorated with a spacious bathroom, lovely garden view and all the usual amenities expected at this caliber resort. The staff also recommended a local restaurant for us to try called The Hungry Monk, a few minutes drive away. It was wonderful, the food was delicious and the owner was charming. That being said, you do not need to leave the resort to find good food. The buffet breakfast was absolutely phenomenal with an incredible variety of options. Lunch in the Pavillion or Pub was also very tasty. The best however was dinner at Hugo's restaurant, excellent, professional service and delicious food. We would definitely come here again.

Excellent food, wonderful atmosphere and helpful staff
    • Superior Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

Nothing. It was a fantastic trip

I took my Mum there for a break and all the staff were amazing and very attentive. We had our wedding reception at Druids Glen 4 years ago and this was remembered by the team at Druid's Glen and there was a lovely card and chocolates waiting for us in our room.

Nice but check in very unpleasant with forced pay before you stay policy
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Being charged full payment on arrival. I had not received any services so if it was unsatisfactory what was the outcome ??

Good food and very clean hotel

Fun family break relaxing at Druids Glen
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

some rooms face the inside the court yard which has a noisy generator so don't leave your window open. Some claim to have a balcony but it's less than 1ft deep so a little bit of a stretch to call it a balcony. The breakfast was very disappointing this visit. While the cereals and fruits are always easy. The fry/omelette was not of the high standards I've come to expect. Perhaps the chef was having an off day following the wedding the night before.

Always a favourite for my family. We come for the countryside setting, the super friendly staff. The concierge will help you with your luggage and park your car on arrival. The open fire is warm and welcoming. The rooms always prestine. They had a kids play room with Xbox, futsall, arcade machine, ball pit, and lots of kids toys. They play movies but you can also borrow dvds to take back to the room. Brilliant pool for the kids with jacuzzi, plunge pool, steam sauna rooms.

Lovely place ... need to employ more experienced and trained staff to meet 5star standard
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

Some of the staff were quite inexperienced ... making a lot of basic mistakes ... ie beverage menu given to us when we asked for bar food menu. A waitress's inability to make a simple adaptation to an item on the menu (coming down to us again quite a while after we ordered to clarify what we ordered off the menu - so we just made it easy for her). Tea and coffee being brought separately to both of us with quite a delay between. Our plan was to eat in the restaurant in the first place ... we weren't told when the last sitting was at reception when we checked in so we missed it when went to eat at 9.30pm ... so we went to the bar (which was fine and lovely). BUT the service did seem like a chore on the whole when we were there to relax ... we expected a more seamless experience/service for the money we paid and the expectations we had for such an establishment

Beautiful resort and beautiful comfortable rooms. The bar food and choice was lovely

Excellent hotel with beautiful surroundings...
    • Superior Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

Definitely one of the best hotels we've stayed in EVER! The friendliness and effectiveness of the staff at the reception, the bar and the restaurant are unrivalled. The quality of food and drink at all times excellent. The room very comfortable (maybe improve lighting in bathroom a bit…) and quality of sleep very good.

Very good
    • Superior Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

I paid €448 for 2 nights bed only. 2days before I left home to go to Druids Glen an offer appeared from yourselves €150 per room and breakfast and a discount on the Spa and golf. I felt sick.

The quality of the food and the presentation was excellent. The bedroom was large and the bed very comfortable.

Enjoyable didn't like the fact there were so many families.
    • Deluxe Twin Room (2 Adults Max)

It was very busy with lots of families so very noisy with children in the bar and swimming pool. Would not reccommend it to anyone looking for a quiet break. Very busy for bar snacks and staff didn't know who ordered what or where they were sitting.

Spacious plenty of comfy seats and places to sit.

Very nice and relaxing.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

Bar wasn't great. A good bar would be one of the things I look out for in a hotel and this was not a great bar, more a restaurant.

Lovely room and great breakfast. Staff were lovely.

Excellent Hotel!
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

We were disappointed with the room service. They brought us something different than what we ordered but the food did arrive quickly, hot and had all the condiments we could have possibly needed. We were disappointed with the spa. They were incredibly attentive and went out of their way to make us comfortable. However, my husband had the deep tissue massage and later that evening I noticed he had red marks all the way down his back that looked like burns. The next day the red marks were bruises and he was in pain. I asked if the therapist had asked him about the pressure she was using and he said she did at the very beginning but never asked again. He'd only had a deep tissue massage once before and thought that's how it was supposed to feel. My only recommendation is for the therapists to communicate with the clients a bit more and realize that degree of pressure should never be used.

The staff was excellent, friendly and really went above and beyond for us. The bar had great food and again the staff was fantastic! I'd highly recommend staying at this hotel. I enjoyed the reflexology treatment I booked at the spa and the relaxation room was just delightful.

Bliss!
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

Customer service was the best we have ever experienced. So friendly & helpful. Lovely extra touches here & there. Got upgraded to a suite as it was a special birthday for me. Got lovely box of chocolates. Comfy beds. Great variety for breakfast. Lovely restaurant. One of the best wknds we ever had. Didn't want to go home! We'll be back!

Enjoyable, relaxing and unforgettable
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

Did not think the food choice in the restaurant was a good selection. I like more along the lines of pub grub choices

Choice at breakfast was excellent. Rooms were spacious for families & loved the plunge pool in the swimming pool area

Lovely place to stay whether you like golf or not!
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

Lovely spacious room, beautifully decorated. Food was very good both in the bar where we had lunch and in Hugo's restaurant. Nice touch that they added a candle to my husbands dessert as it was his birthday.

Pure Family Luxury
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Everything. Great attention to detail and a great place to bring kids. Wonderful outdoor playground and nice-sized pool. They even have kid-sized bath robes. Pure luxury!

Fantastic hotel - not only for golfers!
    • Superior King Room (2 Adults Max)

This is an excellent hotel - this is our second stay here and once again it did not disappoint. The staff are very friendly and the service is fantastic. Food at the hotel is also very good and the location is great for exploring County Wicklow - I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Peaceful stay for all the family
    • Deluxe Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room was slightly disappointing, mini bar was empty, marks on the wooden shelf. Bathroom could do with updating.

Family friendly, great pool and great facilities for kids. Peaceful setting and close to all the great attractions Wicklow has to offer.

Excellent staff, bar food amazing. Doesn't have the opulence associated with 5 star. Breakfast good

Showers

Beds were so comfortable! Shower cubicle too small for such a powerful shower head. Floors all wet as a result! For a 5 star I'd expect a few chocolates at turn down!

Food standards have slipped here.
    • Superior King Room (2 Adults Max)

Some staff were very inexperienced and would appear to have been poorly trained. These were obviously new recruits who had no idea about service / systems, etc. The bar area couches were smelly but having mentioned this to manageress, it seems that the area is going to be refurbished in the autumn. Food standards had slipped noticeably since my last stay here and overall we were disappointed with the quality of the food. Menus were aspirational and flamboyant, but the food did not meet the standards. I mentioned my quibbles about the food in restaurant and the word ran through the hotel! Much fuss and talk about my observations (which were all given with good heart) but no gesture of even a slight discount off the cost of the (expensive) meal was made.

Beds super comfy. Staff very friendly.

Nice hotel but golf course makes it.
    • Deluxe King Room (2 Adults Max)

Dinning in bar area a little crowded, breakfast I recommend beans as an option, other selections were fine. Table allocation at breakfast could have been more spread out. Tended to sit people beside others when plenty of tables available with a little more space around them. Golf still a little expensive really. Hotel also expensive compared to other equivalent hotels which would have more panoramic views.

Bed was very comfortable, room clean and adequate. Staff very friendly and helpful. Reception area pleasant and spacious. Pool and sauna area clean and spacious. Gym was good also. Druids Glen golf course brilliant although still a little expensive.