Reviews of Dylan 5 stars

Eastmoreland Place, D2 Dublin, Ireland

#36 of 136 hotels in Dublin

Good hotel just a shame about the service standards.

Service was very slow and not acceptable of a 5 star rating, wrong food delivered on 2 separate occasions.

Comfy Beds, great location good food choice and quality.

It was all right but I certainly didn’t get value for the amount I paid
    • Luxury Double Room

Poor lighting in the rooms. Bedding too hot- a doona in a doona cover when a sheet and blanket would have been better. Some staff were pleasant and others were incompetent and indifferent it

The outdoor dining/cafe was good when the sun shines

Really pretty and luxurious hotel with comfy beds and good staff, does come at a price though.

Here and there you see it's a generally old building (old plugs and windows). Not a huge deal, but in other cities you stay in the Ritz for what you pay at Dylan.

A lot of things to like: sense of style, fun interior, great outside areas, nice bar, friendly staff, not too large. Loved the area: it's a 15/20mins walk into city center, next DART is 15mins away, generally quiet. Plenty of restaurants and shops around as well. Our room was spacious and the bed extremely comfortable, also: coffee machine.

Lovely hotel in a lovely part of town. Great bar and restaurant and a short taxi ride to the city.

Very expensive per night – but it was the week that was in it, given Ed Sheehan was playing for 3 nights. Decor is becoming very tired - needs to be refreshed.

Outdoor seating area is lovely when the sun is shining. Quiet and tranquil neighborhood. Staff were extremely friendly and accommodated an early check-in after a long flight. Great bar and restaurant, great cocktails, great food. Had a lovely spacious room on the top floor with nice views of St. Mary's church.

Amazing stay in one of the best hotels in Dublin

Absolutely nothing

What a lovely place! The rooms are beautifully decorated and the whole hotel is modern and with tasty interior design. Great service and very friendly staff, nice bar and restaurant. This hotel is also extremely dog friendly. My dachshund was presented with a whole package to enjoy his stay!!!

Good location but overpriced & bad staff
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Not very clean, the staff was not helpful and not correctly trained (Whenever I was calling I had to wait for 1~2 minutes). It was overpriced for what you get.

The location is great. Not that super central but in a very nice area. The bed was really comfy.

This Dylan Hotel isn’t the same Dylan as Amsterdam or London.

This Dylan Hotel isn’t the same Dylan as Amsterdam or London. The hotel and staff are nice and this hotel aspires to be an excellent one (certainly an interestingly designed place) but it falls short on too many small things. Nespresso pods in the room and even milk in the fridge but no spoons to stir your coffee. A trash can next to the toilet but nowhere near the sink. Old mattress that sagged. The owners or GM need to stay there a few nights and fix the inconveniences. P

Location, staff and service second to none
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Just one slight thing, I would have liked to see toasted sandwiches on the room service menu - only mentioned this, as I couldn't find anything that would put me off staying again - loved it.

Lovely room, loved the underfloor heating in the bathroom, but top of my list is the really friendly, very helpful staff 10/10!!

Myself and my two daughters had a wonderful stay! So comfortable and quiet and staff v helpful
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Really enjoyed my stay here with my young daughters!! Room was excellent bed so comfortable and so much space in our room my eldest daughter was delighted as she had her own smart Tv and I had one too We stayed over Easter and there was Easter eggs left in our room so my girls were very happy!! The location is 10 minutes in taxi from grafton street ! Quiet location I will definitely be returning to this hotel beautiful boutique style and extremely helpful friendly staff .

Average.
    • Luxury Double Room

It was average. Everything was perfectly pleasant but if I compared it to other boutique hotels I have stayed at for a similar price the Dylan falls far short of expectations. The rooms are unspectacular and look like and average budget hotel, decor generally was tired and dated. The staff were very pleasant but my overall trip to Dublin was tainted by the extortionate prices which felt like I was being ripped off every time I opened my purse.

It was in a nice neighbourhood and was quiet

Excellent can’t wait to come back, will upgrade to a bigger bed next time
    • Luxury Double Room

For a double bed The bed was to small and the pillows to hard, not a comfortable night sleep.

Love the decoration and the friendliness and efficiency of the staff.

It was not bad but not WoW
    • Luxury Double Room

Our room was near to the stairs ( we booked a room a year ago but seems that got the awful one..) and people always were walking there and we can hear everything. View from the window is cement block. For this price breakfast was not included. The major disappointment was that we need to pay a 50 Euro per person in case of some accidents but there is no information on booking about this and I'm lucky that I have them.

Location was quite far from the central but there are still a lot of places. Nice bar, cocktail menu is good , everyone is kind.

Stylish, comfortable hotel

New rooms a little noisy with nearby pub noise late at night

Lovely comfortable hotel - friendly efficient staff, especially in the bar- really helpful and welcoming

A comfortable hotel let down by the food service
    • Luxury Double Room

I wonder whether it's beginning to look a bit tired (I first stayed there some five years ago). My main problem was the restaurant. Breakfast was slow in arriving - and one morning I could hear the poor waitress shouting to find the chef for quite a long time whilst my order just kept taking longer....(and also not cool that I could hear all this going on). The next morning the restaurant opened quite late for breakfast as the chef had not arrived on time. Not impressive. The night before the restaurant had been closed for a function so I resorted to room service but wish I hadn't. A "chicken caesar" arrived without the chicken (the waiter saying they'd misheard the order but seeing as a plain caesar was not on the menu...) and was quite dismal. I complained. It's a shame but what was once a really nice hotel (where I have stayed several times before) is being let down by an erratic kitchen. I had a reasonably good price for the three nights I was there but it was discounted - I wouldn't pay full price.

It has character and the rooms feel a little quirky.

Romantic get away

Fabulous boutique hotel, resteraunt and bar lovely. Outside covered heated area with setee’s good for drinks. Room was very spacious with everything you could wish for. Good sized bathroom with bath and shower. Hotel staff friendly and very helpful. Would definitely go back.

Comfortable, very helpful staff, lovely hotel
    • Luxury Double Room

Room 210 quite noisy from the bar on the weekend nights, cannot be helped.

Very helpful staff (allowed us to check in 4 hours early and late checkout was not an issue either), clean rooms

Pleasant
    • Luxury Double Room

In the past, I stayed here regularly and was excited to return, but feel standards have not been maintained: Carpet in hallway shabby. Mildew on walls in bathroom. Stains on chair in bedroom.

Beautiful location. Opulent decor. Friendly staff

Overpriced
    • Luxury Double Room

Bookings.com NEED to specify more clearly they charge 20e for car parking overnight - we have stayed at Dylan before and when booked through Dylan direct there is no parking fee. Front of house staff very unfriendly and unwelcoming. Shower was cold water unless we figure out if our room temp to 28degrees or higher it eventually heats up. Beautiful hotel but no where near 5 star in my opinion of staying at 5star accommodations.

Beautiful interior and style

EXCELLENT SERVICE AND FANTASTIC HOTEL
    • Luxury Double Room

That we only stayed two nights

The whole experience was excellent. The staff could not have been more helpful and made us feel nothing was too much trouble. On a busy pre Christmas weekend they made us feel special. Add to that the effort they made to get an item we had left in our room back to us I would 100% recommend the hotel

Stayed once and wont be back. Too expensive for what you get.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Beds were too small and very creaky. Breakfast was a complete rip off at €25 per head. Went to a coffee shop nearby and had a fantastic breakfast for half the price. Who's going to pay €50 for 2 boiled eggs???

Not a lot.

I really enjoyed this boutique hotel
    • Luxury Double Room

The bed was too soft for my back and there was music below me at 11.30pm but it was immediately turned down when I rang reception

Love the interior design

Modern Dublin at Dylan

My room on the second floor near the rear of the hotel looked directly upon the window of an office building just 20 feet away (across an alley), so I had to keep the window shades drawn, or risk meeting glances with office workers across the way. Otherwise the room was great.

Gorgeous, Modern, Boutique hotel in Dublin that's walking distance to St. Stephens Green and the city center. Large, clean, comfortable rooms. Spacious b bathroom with nice amenities. Chic, sophisticated hotel bar.

Wonderful; too short!

Can't think of a thing.

Great, unique room with balcony. Overlooked patio of bar below but all windows and doors so well insulated (doubled, actually) you couldn't hear a peep. Great design elements and well cared for property with fabulous restaurant/lounge on first floor. Highly recommend.

Boutique atmosphere
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Immediate relaxing atmosphere when you walk in, rooms are luxurious and comfortable, food was beautiful, enjoyed our short stay. Will have to return for a longer trip. Would highly recommend. Very central but quite for a city Hotel. Very good coffee! Definitely a boutique hotel. Beautiful building.

good location

The staff was absolutely not attentive. They charged us for a dog we had requested but they forgot to take the charge out when we didn’t bring the dog. Every time we called a taxi they didn’t inform us upon arrival and we had to wait again and again. The breakfast cost 25 EUR and was absolutely basic, you order eggs and you can pick items from a small buffet. They weren’t on top of anything we asked. We had to call 2 times to ensure things happened properly. The experience and service we got for the amount we paid was definitely not worth it

good location nice design

Lovely hotel, great location. Will stay again but wouldn't stay for breakfast.
    • Luxury Double Room

Breakfast buffet of fruit was excellent. However full Irish was more style over quality. Service was slow. The source of meat items seem more important than ensuring the food was cooked correctly. Coffee was warm not pipping hot.

OK for a short stay. Little Irish charm, however
    • Luxury Double Room

The restaurant was overpriced. OUr room was for handicapped persons, and although we were not handicapped, we were impressed with how the hotel outfitted the room. The décor was bizarre in the public rooms - very bizarre.

beautiful boutique hotel a hidden gem

we were going to eat in the bar that night but there seemed to a delay with food coming out and another customer did not seem a bit happy with her food. On this note we went down to local restaurant instead.

staff were excellent. Lady on reception on check in was very good and efficient in her job.

Comfortable, lovely area and great room

There was a function on when we arrived that evening which took over the hotel restaurant and bar so we had to go out for dinner but luckily we found a fabulous restaurant around the corner

Loved the room, very spacious and lovely decor. Great restaurants very close by, nice quiet location

Overall experience, no complaints
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Booked for 2 adults and 2 children. Hotel did accommodate us but extra space needed. Next time I will hope to book connecting rooms if price is reasonable.

Plan your next stay in Dublin at the Dylan

nothing! One criticism - not enough light in room / bathroom and lights, etc very difficult to figure out how to work in room!

Breakfast! Great food and lovely friendly staff. We were in the "new wing" of hotel, so would be curious to see "old wing" as well.

The bed was comfortable
    • Luxury Double Room

Pillows were awful Room was either too hot or too cold Not good value for money The dressing gown provided was dirty The loo was making weird noises for hours The food was very expensive I didn't like that they took €100 on your card for just in case incidentals after paying for the Hotel in full up front 6 months earlier

The bed was comfortable The Staff were nice There was a lovely pleasant smell in the hall The double shower was lovely

Five nights at the Dylan in Dublin

All the functions they had in during the evenings. We stayed here five nights and three were booked out by weddings meaning that we could not use the bar and Restaurant area. We paid a lot of money to stay at the Dylan. Our bedroom was backing in to a very popular Irish pub so noisy at night.

Beds comfortable. Location great. Enjoyed the bar and food when there was room, wasn't a function and we could get service!!

Worth a Stay
    • Luxury Double Room

The view from our bedroom was looking at the delivery area into back of htl & also what looked like a block of apartments.

Frendly staff, lovely decor, stylish rooms

• Luxury Double Room

Careless staff, hot water not working, noisy building works early in the morning, inadequate coverings on the windows did a terrible job of blocking out sunlight. Really regretted choosing the Dylan as it is most certainly not a 5 star establishment, highly recommend that you stay elsewhere.

Wifi and the chocolates provided in the turndown service

A bit disappointing
    • Luxury Double Room

Our bath leaked into the room downstairs, the shower temperature got stuck on very hot. Door also got stuck so nearly got trapped in the bathroom!(informed staff who said they would look into it). For the setting and the hotel, expected a little more from both the room and the staff for 5* service. Was a little bit disappointed overall.

Comfortable room and had a great night's sleep.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Lovely hotel but not 5 star.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

For a 5 star boutique hotel you would expect a bit more attention from the staff and maybe complimentary biscuits/bottled water.

Cocktail bar was lovely.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Chic and Cool Hotel

car parking bit limitedon street unless using valet .

very comfortable bed ! hotel so clean and chic ,special place for couples . staff very friendly without being too much in your face . love the free nuts with bar drinks . Food superb and cocktail choice excellent .

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Top hotel in great location
    • Luxury Double Room

Bedroom a bit dark - window let in very little light. Expensive but unique!

The bed was particularly comfy. Room quiet - perfect for a good night's sleep. Room size - generous for a city hotel. Staff very friendly. Great mirrors. Lovely furnishings.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

The Dylan is a haven of tranquility when you have an...
    • Luxury Double Room

The Dylan is a haven of tranquility when you have an otherwise hectic business schedule. Within walking distance of the centre. Very attentive staff and very comfortable. Great breakfast too.

Great staff not so great rooms.
    • Luxury Double Room

Rooms were poor and not what we would have expected. Having stayed in Dublin at similar priced hotels we would not go back as value for money was nowhere near as good as the competition. Bed was a double and for the price of the room it should have been at least a king size and more comfortable.

Staff very incredibly helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Very helpful staff.

nothing.

Very helpful staff. I was very impressed as I was travelling with my small dog to find that they had provided a pet bed with food and water bowls and even some dog chews. they also didn't make any fuss when the dog pee'd in the lift. I would certainly stay here again.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Will return again lovely hotel
    • Luxury Double Room

Found the room very warm through the night but other than that everything else was perfect

Staff were very friendly and helpful, hotel and rooms were spotlessly clean very convenient location too. The Christmas decorations and breakfast were lovely too.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Fab weekend in Dublin
    • Luxury Double Room

I thought our room was extremely comfortable. We received a lovely card and brownies on arrival as we were celebrating a special occasion. I thought this was a lovely touch. Our stay at the Dylan was very pleasant from start to finish. Ideal for a city break. Its a short distance from town and has lovely restaurants near by.The staff were very helpful and the hotel was lively and and decorated fabulously for Christmas. We will definitely be returning in the near future.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Great location and staff
    • Luxury Double Room

Slightly overpriced and room felt dated. We stayed in a different hotel in the same category the following night and it was far superior

Great location and staff

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

No customer service!
    • Luxury Double Room

Staff!!!!!!! Soooooooooo unhelpful!! 1 out of 10 and thats just for them turning up!

We had a booking that the staff could not find at the time. They were very unhelpful. Our rented car was parked outside in the valet area and about to get a ticket, my husband was very stressed and the 3 valet parking attendants and 2 receptionists could not have been less helpful. We had to drive away and I found the booking id and yes we had a booking!No mea culpa or apology from the staff. I was not impressed! Stay elsewhere if you want your booking honoured or customer service

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Stylish hotel but overpriced

Our charge rate ended up significantly higher than our booking.com confirmation. This was the second time we were charged a higher rate during the course of our holiday. Unfortunately you are tied at the time of checking - both establishments telling me I need to take this up with bookings.com Breakfast at which I had musli and black coffee while my husband had bacon and eggs cost 46 euro🙈

The design aspect was fabulous

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

We arrived very early and given coffee and led into the...
    • Luxury Double Room

We arrived very early and given coffee and led into the library where we could recharge and enjoy breakfast when it was available. The staff was very helpful and kind to our jet lagged family

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Nice Boutique Hotel in good location
    • Experience Room

Air Conditioning ineffective in my room 302 More power points in room Price was too steep

Staff wonderful - valet parking , reception , Bar and Restaurant Staff so helpful and courteous Room comfortable and well laid out TV in a great place to watch attached to a pole and swivelled

the perfect place to stay in Dublin
    • Luxury Double Room

not a bad thing to say about the place perfectThe perfect place to stay

Everything was perfect

Dublin nite out

All good

All good

Biggest room I have stayed in all of Europe

Biggest room I have stayed in all of Europe

WiFi and TV didn’t work.

WiFi and TV didn’t work. Requested a quiet room but was given a room overlooking a pub courtyard which was very noisy.

Attitude of some staff

Attitude of some staff

Very limited choice for breakfast and lunch menus. The food was basic standard and disappointing.

Location was very good.

Quiet boutique hotel, a bit out of town ,friendly staff, very clean no amenities, good value
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Location quiet, bit of a walk to town.

Comfortable beds,friendly staff

There was a smell in the toilet and there was a problem with...
    • Luxury Double Room

There was a smell in the toilet and there was a problem with the temperature of the water in the shower.

Regular
    • Luxury Double Room

Room rate overpriced, hotel’s decorations are out of fashion.

Boiler room close by heard it most of the night, only down...
    • Luxury Double Room

Boiler room close by heard it most of the night, only down side to this hotel!!

A wonderful weekend in comfort and luxury.
    • Luxury Double Room

The bed was so comfortable. Room numbers well signed so easy to find your way around. Reception smelled divine

Highly recommended
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Staff was amazing ambience was very chic, good crowd.

Dog basket and bowls provided

Having to pay €20 to park

Dog basket and bowls provided

Excellent Boutique Hotel
    • Luxury Double Room

Room service - late and cold

Fabulous reception staff and great atmosphere. Rooms were smart and very comfortable.

The nice and clean rooms

The nice and clean rooms

A great boutique hotel

For a 5 star hotel it was not up to standard. The hotel needs a good cleaning.

A great boutique hotel

The beautiful decor, comfy bed , &great breakfast
    • Luxury Double Room

The smell of fried food in the hallway outside the bedroom

The beautiful decor, comfy bed , &great breakfast

The rooms are very stylish but comfortable,

The rooms are very stylish but comfortable,

Loved it, too short.

Carpet frayed at edges in the bedroom, expect better for 5star

It was made easy with staff and the surroundings.
    • Luxury Double Room

The Location .Within walking distance from shops/pubs/resturants.everything is under 5 min walk.

We had a really lovely return stay and we'll be back again
    • Luxury Double Room

The bed was really comfy. Lovely products in the bathroom made it feel extra special. We managed to check-in early, which was super.

Fabulous Breakfast - great place

Fabulous Breakfast - great place

Fab stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Amazing staff, nice quiet cosy hotel

Service was shocking !