Reviews of The Europe Hotel & Resort 5 stars

Fossa, Killarney, Ireland

#3 of 41 hotels in Killarney

Based on 2030 hotel reviews

• Double Room with Lake View

Travelled from Dublin and arrived just after our allocated check in time of 3pm got to the desk and was told our room would be ready in 5-10 minutes so 315pm-ish... it was 430pm before we were allowed to check in and when we asked what the delay was we were given a voucher for a complimentary tea or coffee each but no explanation as to why we were waiting for 1.5 hours

The surroundings were breath taking

• Golfside Double

The menu in the panoramic restaurant didn't have many options and we thought it was over priced... Treatments in the spa were more expensive thasm any other hotel we have ever stayed in. We were a little disappointed as we thought prices were extortion even for a facial.

Everything...😁... My husband phoned before hand to get flowers and bubbly to the room.When we arrived the hotel offered us a complimentary upgrade.We were over the moon as we were celebrating a specia occasion.Our room was amazing with stunning views.The bar food was gorgeous. The spa was lovely..We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back..

I left my green cape jacket in the wardrobe in our room. Although I informed them about it by email but they claimed that they didn’t find it.

Good facilities

• Golfside Twin

The room with no view of the lake should be a lot less expensive and lunch menu was to expensive and not an enough choice

The spa area was excellent the staff, facilities could not be better 😊

• Classic Double Room

The hotel is too far from Dublin!!!

The greeting by Patrick and staff, the quiet attention to the needs of the guests , the cleanliness of the rooms, pooll, changing facilities and dining room. And of course the location. T

• Golfside Double

Great service, wonderful rooms.Bed extra comfortable. Leisure facilities were second to none.Food was wonderful. the views are stunning from all over the hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel and cant wait to go back myself.

• Classic Double Room

Check in was at 3 however our room was not ready until 4. Food in the brasserie was very disappointing, I would never send food back but if I was someone who did I absolutely would have sent it back to the kitchen.

Beautiful views. Great facilities. Music on in the evening. Really nice atomasphere

• Double Room with Lake View

I was disappointed to pay €350.00 a night for a lake view room that had no balcony. Alot of the other lake view rooms had balconies but mine did not and for the money I paid it was very disappointing that we could not sit out and enjoy the view.

Beautiful location, excellent spa services. Very pleasant staff.

• Golfside Twin

From the minute we were greeted at the door the hotel exceeded all expections, and I had high expectations. Staff go above and beyond. The grounds of the hotel are just so beautiful! I can’t fault it at all, we will definitely be back

Requested a lake view fot a special occasion. Disappointed to get car park view! Would prefer at breakfast for order to be taken instead of ordering directly with chef. Big queue and standing around waiting

Friendly and welcoming

• Golfside Twin

Room was a tad small for us 3. (Room 55)

Fresh warm towels on Sun loungers... Hot face towel upon arrival to freshen up... Computer lab...always quiet.... We'll behaved children with impeccable manners! Incredibly hospitable & ultra professional staff Plenty of bottled water in room... Swimsuit dryer... Cotton buds & cotton wipes...as many as u want... Fresh hot pancakes 4 my little boy.... Pastries....pastries...lots of them...& soooo fresh Horse riding!!

No air con in room. Couldnt make a cup of tea as there was only a nespresso machine. Room wss very standard for the money we paid and there was bo bath

Staff were excellent.

• Golfside Twin

There was nothing that could have been faulted about the Hotel and the staff.

As soon as we arrived at the door, we were welcomed by the doorman and directed in the side door with our bags. As soon as we got to the check-in counter, a friendly girl called us over to her computer and made our check-in process very simple. Then she advised us that we got a complimentary upgrade. The room was overlooking the lake and the bed was extremely comfortable. I cannot wait to return to the EUROPE as it was our best Hotel experience ever.

• Golfside Double

The Food at the bar was only ok over priced,small portions very average. Breakfast was beautiful

The spa and pools were a dream ❤️ already booked return visit. Everyone should stay here at least once 😊

• Classic Double Room

The way we were greeted on arrival. The beautiful location and the spacious bedroom and all the facilities were great.

All the facilities were excellent.

• Golfside Double

The Europe is by far the nicest hotel I’ve been to. The pool and spa areas are so relaxing! The hotel itself, the grounds and the views are breathtaking!

• Golfside Double

Check in service was very poor, we were not able to check in at the usual check in time. The spa area was overcrowded and resulted in us not being able to make full use of the facilities. The room was very warm during the night and we could hear a baby crying in the middle of the night in the room next to us. The furniture is beginning to look old in the room. The shower ran hot and cold intermittently. This hotel does not have a five star spa atmosphere. The hotel seems to be VERY family friendly...a little bit too much since the hotel is accredited on a zen spa experience. Staff members at breakfast seemed disinterested and the service between tables didn't seem to be consistent. The staff in general did not seem very pleasant. VERY very disappointing overall. I regretted choosing this hotel in Killarney as there are other great options in the area.

The view from the hotel was beautiful.

• Twin Room with Lake View

Magnificent hotel. Relaxing. Pool facilities are superb and very well maintained. Customer service was natural and friendly. One of the nicest hotels I have ever been to. Bar food was delicious and view at breakfast can't be beaten.

• Golfside Twin

My only negative comment would be the buffet breakfast although it was well presented and a wide range of choices it was a let down . I stayed with 4 friends and they thought so too.

Fabulous hotel with breathtaking scenery, friendly staff , relaxing atmosphere, comfortable beds , excellent gym & pool facilities.

• Golfside Double

Disappointed that there was no air conditioning in bed rooms or dinning area. We were uncomfortably warm most of the time thankfully we could sit and dine outdoors as weather was fantastic dry and sunny.

The bed extra comfy . The food excellent. Staff friendly. Breakfast excellent

• Golfside Twin

The initial first impression was terrible - considering the expense of the hotel. When we arrived our hotel room wasn’t ready (despite arriving at the allotted check in time). Initially we wer told it would be Ten minutes. 30 minutes later I went to the reception desk 4 times to check how much longer to which no one could tell me, “I’m not sure”;’they can’t tell us”, and no apology or explanation, only “the hotel was full last night”. We were offered no compensatory drink whilst we waited. When offered to speak thto manager, we waited another ten mins until we wen to prompt to see them. When the manager finally came, we got no apoogy, no explanation, he walked us to our room, 2-3 metres ahead I might add, to a room that was indeed not ready. Despite charging prices that would warrant full staffing at the very least for rooms to be Ready. The response of the staff, the lack of communication and apology or compensation; for a claimed 5 star resort is less than satisfactory. It left a very poor first impression.

Some dining room staff really need retraining they are very nice but need more professionalism . Brasserie good for lunch and snacks ,but would not rate it for dinner Breakfast excellent ,staff very good but sometimes they need to do more of their work and less admiration of the baby ,so the baby/child will eat its porridge . Over our stay which I really enjoyed ,I could not see any specific front of house person which would have been helpful .No designated concierge ? No manager to be seen On paying bill no member of staff asked did I enjoy my stay had I any complaints ? The bar staff were excellent ,they were professional witty and really patient when all the members of the family were poor at time keeping and one order ran into another as in one drink one person arriving at a time ,they were superb We had a great visit to hotel Europe would definetly return and loved to see so many local working in the hotel

Great location suits all generations

• Golfside Double

The therapist Meghan in the Espa was absolutely brilliant. She was professional and friendly and made my spa experience so enjoyable. The room was lovely with the balcony being an unexpected surprise.

• Golfside Double

Nothing! everything was fantastic, would definitely return and recommended to others

Excellent spa facilities and excellent service from the staff, especially the concierge

• Golfside Double

Everything from start to finish was excellent, reception staff were courteous and professional, bar and restaurant staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Enjoyed every moment of our stay.

Nothing 100% perfect

Everything staff were so nice and helpful hotel was spotless clean breath taking views top of range pool and spas best hotel I’ve been too amazing

• Golfside Double

The only thing was the price of the food. I had scallops to start and recieved 3 and was charged €15. It was lovely but a little too expensive for what I recieved

Beautiful stay from the moment we arrived. Lovely walk around the grounds to start with followed by relaxation in the pool. A lovely evening meal with a few drinks in the bar to finish the evening off. Breakfast was lovely especially the eggs cooked by the chefs in front of you. Looking forward to treating ourselves here in the future again

• Twin Room with Lake View

The beds were Devine the hot tub sensational with the most beautiful setting under the mountains. Do grounding and peaceful. We had an Absolutely fabulous time .

• Double Room with Lake View

I loved my stay at The Europe but to be honest I think this is over priced compared to other hotels throughout Ireland. We last stayed here about 5 if not 6 years ago and it was €100 less for the same type of room. ( I know hotels need to change prices to keep up with the market however it is overpriced) I do think the prices need to be reviewed considering the type of room, size, view etc. I paid extra for a lake view room and specifically requested a room with an upper storey and with a really nice lake view and we ended up on level 1 with a view mostly of the garden and the corner parts of the hotel and then further on the lake. I thought we would have been on a higher upper storey room to get more of a view of the lake etc. especially when we had paid extra.

Absolutely loved our stay in the Europe. We had not stayed here in a number of years and it was still as amazing as ever. The syle and location of the hotel is just wow. The views from the rooms and restaurant are just out of this world and we were extremely lucky with the weather as it was a lovely sunny weekend.

• Golfside Double

I requested a bottle of champagne in our room as a surprise on arrival for my hubbys 30th but the receptionist gave it away by saying to him enjoy ur bday so our surprise was ruined.

• Golfside Twin

My husband and I loved everything about this hotel. Staff so friendly. Loved the pool area and the bed was so comfy. Had lovely food here and breakfast had everything and more.

• Golfside Double

Absolutely beautiful hotel. The views are simply stunning. The Staff are extremely friendly and very helpful. The spa is just wonderful. Dinner and breakfast were both delicious. Cannot wait to return.

• Golfside Double

Couldn't find fault with anything. Just loved it.

This hotel is the most fabulous place to relax and unwind. The facilities were wonderful. The staff excellent.

• Golfside Double

Bar food I thought was over priced. Was also surprised for a 5 star hotel no waiter asked were we ok for the duration of the meal or require anything further. Other than that our stay was very enjoyable and will return again

Location and view

x2 disappointments. 1) we arrived at 1:30, early for a 3pm checking, BUT our room was not available until 5pm. that was a long wait and disappointing. 2) I had specifically chosen a x30m2 room and were given a smaller room with a slightly better view. Given that I had made the choice at booking, I was disappointed with the smaller room.

food, facilities all excellent.

• Golfside Double

The service at breakfast was poor, it was busy but every morning during our stay we had to ask for tea and coffee a number of times. Also we found one of the waiters very rude during our evening meal. However the food was always good.

The location of this hotel is amazing. The rooms, spa and facilities are top quality. We were really impressed with the hotel & enjoyed our stay.

We had a wonderful stay at the Europe. Bedroom are very nice and modern, very clean, comfortable beds!! Excellent staff and wonderful food. The grounds are beautiful. I would highly recommend and hope to return soon again

• Golfside Double

The lack of tone set by the hotel The lack of adult only zones The fact the spa was riddled in out of control children - how can you have a 5* hotel and spa when you are unable to relax and unwind Not one adult only area 40 min wait every morning in a que of approx 20 ppl to get a table for breakfast and no apology Not remotely 5 star tone nor service, facilities are fine but you are unable to enjoy them peacefully Not value for money at all

The bed in the bedroom The live music but was ruined by hyperactive children

• Double Room with Lake View

I was with Family that all over 18. There were a lot of small children and I thought they could serve breakfast for Adults only in one of the smaller restaurants. Breakfast was chaotic and you had to queue to get a table.

Amazing food .Staff were really excellent. Dreamy location. Rooms were perfect an very comfortable bathrooms. A really excellent hotel.

The leisure centre, breakfast and location.

We stayed in Room 45 which felt like a service area of the hotel and did not meet the standard of a 5 star hotel in our opinion. It was particularly difficult to watch tv. There was a lot of noise directly underneath the bedroom in the early morning by hotel staff. The spa and hotel otherwise is spectacular. Our room really impacted on our stay and we would like this to be communicated to the hotel management.

• Golfside Double

Bigger selection of food choices will be great especially if you are staying for a few days.

Amazing views over the lake and the rooms and beds were super comfortable. Service is excellent through out and the Activity Centre wonderful. The indoor pool set up is great with family shower facilities for afterwards. Great layout within the hotel with many options to read, relax and enjoy some drinks or food with amazing views.

• Golfside Double

Everything from the staff, to the service in the restaurant and the girls in the stables, Lauren in particular were just fantastic! Amazing facilities and upon check out we booked again for our anniversary in June! First time there this weekend and we just adored it.

• Double Room with Lake View

The shower in the room kept going from hot to cold

Everything. The room was lovely with a beautiful view and the pool was excellent especially the saltwater jaccuzi

• Classic Double Room

Only thing I would change would be the showers inconsistent heat, it wouldnt stay at the same temperature for more than a minute, constantly running hot and cold..which might have just been our specific room but other than that the whole stay was beyond perfect!

Everything was beyond perfection, worth every cent, the staff made you feel like royalty, the food was incredible, service excellent, the location is perfect (overlooking the killarney lakes & mountains), the bedroom big and comfy... the swimming pool and spa though... not enough superlatives for those in the world!!

Initial room was very poor and not accurately described on Booking.com. We paid more to get a different room. Shower broken and and went very hot and cold unexpectedly. Awoken early in morning by some machine outside. Check in staff quite unfriendly. It seemed to be because we had not booked directly and they were looking down their nose at us for booking via booking.com and hence gave us rubbish room.

Very nice location. Had seafood chowder and a sandwich which was very nice. Spoke to manager when we checked out and he did knock something off the bill.

• Golfside Double

Would be great if you could control the temperature's in the rooms a little better. I understand there is a large radiator in the room however in a 5***** property i would like to be able to control the temperature in my room

Great hotel with great views of the Killarney lakes. Staff were very friendly and helpful with suggesting places to go for Dinner and Drinks in the town itself. Next time I will make sure to bring the golf clubs as the Killarney golf & fishing club looks like a great spot. I have been lucky to stay in many 5***** Hotels around Ireland and Europe and the Breakfast here is definitely one of the best I've seen in terms of selection and quality. There is choice for everyone.

• Golfside Double

We stayed the Sunday night of Paddys weekend. We had to wait over an hour to check into our room as the rooms were not ready. For a hotel with such high standard this was rather disappointing. Although we did not check in until after 4pm the check out time was still left at 12pm!

The breakfast is amazing and the spa area is just out of this world :)

We stayed in the hotel over a long weekend and the management closed off areas of the hotel for a private function on the Sunday night even though they had a fully hotel. I wasn't told I wouldn't have access to the entire hotel facilities as a resident on booking. E.G. you couldn't eat in the main dining room on the Sun night and people were waiting 90 mins to get a table in the bistro. The hotel bar was closed off on the Sunday until 9pm with no other area in the hotel available to watch sporting events on the TV, I wanted to see the American golf. it is a very nice hotel but i think they forgot about their guests on the Sunday, not good enough when you are spending the money they charge. they have a conference centre, why didnt they use it for the conference?.

the hotel is set in a fantastic location

• Classic Double Room

We waited over an hour past check in time for our room and unfortunately the restaurant was booked out by a conference so couldn’t experience that. Had to wait and hour and a half for a table in the bar later that evening.

The spa was superb and the general feel of the hotel was unreal.

• Golfside Double

Ok it’s very expensive but you get what you pay for and what you get is excellence at every level.

The staff are the heartbeat of this hotel. They could not have been more accommodating and friendly. Such a wonderful team of people.

• Golfside Twin

Staff in the spa reception and spa housekeeping weren't as helpful as the rest of the staff

From the moment we arrived we were looked after until we left everything was superb

• Golfside Double

had to wait for an hour for a meal in the bistro bar, as you cannot book a table as as guest of the hotel. was not worth the wait . I felt like i was sitting closer to the people either side of me than my husband ! my advice would be to head in to Killarney town for a meal as there is so much choice.

looking forward to staying in this hotel for a long time. but did not expect to get a room - without a view!! terribly disappointed as this was part of the reason we wanted to stay , to look out from our room at those beautiful views. as the hotel was fully booked , there was no option to change, we did not book this last minute so my advice to anyone booking is to request a good view.

• Double Room with Lake View

The one thing I think could have been improved was my partner said the oysers were too salty in the brasserie but he has terrible taste buds anyway!

The view when you wake up is amazing. The staff were the friendliest hotel staff I have ever met and I've met a good few people in hospitality. The brasserie restaurant was lovely a short haired blonde woman served us and was very nice. The men at the bar were very nice and lovely cocktails my partner got a G&T and I had a cosmopolitan we only wanted the one but we stayed for more. Room service was very attentive giving us bottled water before bed and the room temperature was warm throughout. 5 star for a reason

• Double Room with Lake View

The outdoor pool could be a little hotter esp this time of year.room service not great, over cooked pizza and chips that tasted like they had been cooked in same oil as fish. Dvd player didnt work, coffe machine didnt work and hair dryer kept cutting out. Not good enough at all for the money you are paying

• Double Room with Lake View

My only disappointment was the dinner in the Brasserie restaurant. It was most definitely not 5 star but had the 5 star price. It was not at all what I would have expected for the Europe.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The pool and spa facilities are amazing with an amazing view. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The breakfast was fantastic, great selection of foods and very tasty.

• Double Room with Lake View

Food not great in Brasserie after 1hr 45min wait. No notification of live music that was going on elsewhere in the hotel.

Excellent spa facilities. Excellent views.

The service in the brassiere restaurant wasn't great, our order got mixed up.

This hotel is one of the nicest 5 star hotels I have stayed in, it's beautiful inside and outside, would highly recommended this place

• Double Room with Lake View

1hr 20 min wait for brassier dinner and general lack of seating for number of guest that were there a lot of people could not find seat

Amazing place ...scenic views ...comfy beds ..:

• Double Room with Lake View

Everything was lovely as it’s a 5 Star ⭐️ experience but you would definitely need a large wallet for the experience.

My wife and I stayed here for one night on Friday 23rd Feb 2018. It was a lovely experience from start to finish. The reception staff and especially Rachael was lovely and helpful. We used the spa , gym and my wife had a massage and it was all lovely . We ate in the Panoramia restaurant at night and the staff were so professional and lovely especially Toni and Daniela. Breakfast the following morning was very tasty and there was no major hurry with us checkling out about 45 mins late !!

• Double Room with Lake View

Wasn’t enough loungers near pool for such a large hotel. Food portions for dinner could of been bigger.

Huge choice for breakfast.. staff couldn’t do enough.. room was beautiful with stunning views of mountains

• Double Room with Lake View

My partner and I both found the breakfast to be poor but could not fault the hotel for anything else.

It was a very relaxing environment with an exceptional view from our room

• Twin Room with Lake View

The spa was fabulous.....just lovely and relaxing. The room was spacious as was the hotel itself with all its books and crannies. B4wakfast was superb.

• Golfside Double

1 hour wait for a table for dinner in Brasserie restaurant was only negative. Everything else was perfect.

Indoor / Outdoor Pool is excellent. View of lake and mountains is great. Very nice room.

• Double Room with Lake View

Food was not as expected for dinner. No waiter/waitress asked how our food was after we received it. I know it was very busy on the night.

Thermal suite and breakfast.

• Double Room with Lake View

Tried to book treatment but there was no availability. I was told I needed to book 1 month in advance. As I booked my stay 3 months in advance I would of appreciated this information when booking.

Staff are fantastic! I have stayed in this hotel twice in 3 months. Hotel was fully booked both times, but there was never a wait for any service. Amazing facilities

5 star?? I’d consider it 7/8 star! Oh my god it was amazing. Will definitely be returning. Staff were incredible. Felt like royalty all weekend. Absolutely loved the pool facilities

• Double Room with Lake View

Breakfast was ok, eggs weren't cooked at all. Late checkout was unavailable. Was not asked if we needed help with bags. Room service stood on my glasses and broke them, didn't apologize for it.

Location was amazing. Staff are second to none. Spa was amazing experience. Extremely comfortable rooms, with everything we needed.

• Double Room with Lake View

The view from the bedroom was amazing. Bedroom facilities are top notch and the cleanliness of the entire hotel has to be noted. Staff are very friendly. The breakfast location is a beautiful panoramic view of the lake and mountains. The spa was just fabulous!

• Golfside Double

I could not find any fault or dislike. It was flawless!

Everything! It was elegant, modern and perfectly situated with breathtaking views of lake and mountains.

• Golfside Double

The heat in the room was too warm and didn't know how to turn it down. 95% of the beds in the pool area looked to be reserved and not enough people to there to fill them all frustrating when there was 4 in our group.

• Golfside Twin

Dinner in panoramic restaurant was a bit disappointing.

Breakfast was great and the views while eating were spectacular, spa was excellent, I had a brilliant massage with a great therapist called Aleksandra.

Absolutely nothing ! The whole trip was perfect

Loved it from start to finish, we where treated like a king and Queen. The hotel was by far the most amazing hotel we ve ever stayed in, it's location and layout has to be one of the best in the world. Loved it , the brasserie restaurant was gorgeous. We ate there every night, rooms where so spacious, comfortable and clean , and the view was to die for ( we had lake view ) every morning was spent in the amazing spa and outdoor pool!

• Double Room with Lake View

The drive into the hotel and the front of the hotel are slightly underwhelming in comparison to the amazing inside.

Beautiful views of the Killarney lakes , excellent staff and facilities , nicest swimming pool and outdoor jacuzzi. Lovely buffet breakfast in the Panorama restaurant. Really enjoyable stay.

• Double Room with Lake View

The only little downfall that I would have is that the pool area was very busy and there were not any beds available for us to sit on.

Everything was incredible - the room, the views, the pool, the staff! I cannot wait to get back here again.

• Golfside Twin

Gym was a bit dingy, good kit but seemed like the room was an afterthought with no natural light and poor mood lighting. Parking was a challenge on Saturday night!!

Proper 5* facilities, great views, nice staff, comfortable rooms & public areas, beautiful spa, good restaurants & bars, nice grounds...