Reviews of Finnstown Castle Hotel 4 stars

Newcastle Road, Lucan, Lucan, Ireland

#1 of 3 hotels in Lucan

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Location was good.

Reception staff were not understanding and not very considerate and professional. Rooms other than main buildings were just ordinary.

Location was good. Property garden was also good.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Good convenient position between airport & setting off west. Very good restaurant

Room a bit too hot, otherwise no problems

Only an overnight stop, but a comfortable hotel, excellent breakfast, & convenient after arriving at Dublin airport

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Good food

The key card that I got opened a bed room which was alleyway occupied, the girl at reception simply said I went to the wrong room and put me in different room to the one that I was originally allocated.

Good food

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Lovely setting but simple things disappointed me.

There was terrible noise from another room on my first night and I couldn't sleep. It resulted in me having to go to the corridor and shout 'could you please keep the noise down' to another guest.

The bed had a smell as though someone had been sick on it.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Excellent visit, would highly recommend staying here.

Not much wrong with my stay, only slightly polishing the service would improve my review.

Stunning location and beautiful, authentic building and surrounds. Plenty of on-location options for relaxation and wellbeing including beautiful, well kept grounds. Good options in the bar and the food was tasty and promptly served. Service from bar staff was good and reception were very helpful and friendly. There was plenty of information about things to do locally that could be taken away.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Beautiful hotel with warm, welcoming staff and great value for money

Staff wonderful...very warm welcome throughout the hotel. A special thankyou to Barry. Dinner superb and waiters Ruslans and Abdul ensured our evening was delightful. The facilities, bars, restaurant and the grounds of this hotel are absolutely beautiful. Rooms are a very generous size and beds very comfortable. A little out of the centre of town but very easy to get into the city with a car. Exceptional value for money. My husband and I chose to come back to the hotel at the end of our trip because we loved it so much.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Overall a very pleasant stay in a very comfortable hotel.

I thought the swimming pool needed a little bit of a facelift & the changing rooms there etc.. were quite dated.

Breakfast was fab!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Breakfasts were excellent, and set me up for the day with my son and his fiance walking their dogs.

401 was my room, and there was no heating. I had to borrow a jumper from my son to keep warm in the room.

I have stayed here twice before because of it's proximity to my sons house

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Nice location nice settings

Bed very uncomfortable got no sleep staff not very helpful tried to charge extra for breakfast when checking out even though we had paid when we booked

Nice location nice settings

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The grounds were beautiful and the food was very good also...

One Chiat only in our room which was in need of repair mark from iron on carpet no seats in garden near room

The grounds were beautiful and the food was very good also the decoration of the bar and the restaurant.

Wouldn't like to be going across the grounds in rain/snow to get Breakfast or use the Leisure centre

Not meaning to be running down everything .... but when you turned on the tap in the wash hand basin .. the LOUD NOISE it made - through the wall of the bedroom .... it was unreal. Some other guest had been up during the Saturday night & obviously turned on the tap in their wash-hand basin & the SAME very loud noise ... probably if a member of the Maintenance staff or the Plumber might just like to stand in one of the bedrooms whilst another member of the maintenance or Management staff turned on the tap in the en-suite -- only the wash hand basin - not the Shower at all ... then you would realize how extremely noisey it is ... probably if that was in a private house it would be the responsibility of oneself but when you go away for the weekend & pay for the trip it would be nice to be able to say that everything was lovely.

Well initially when we did the booking we were led to believe ... don't pay anything until you arrive ... if you need to cancel do so few days beforehand - the norm ... HOWEVER we discovered that the money was taken from our Bank account almost immediately .. not impressed .... then when we arrived at the Hotel on the Friday evening all set for our wonderful Castle Hotel experience ... to be asked at the Reception by the male member of staff if we would like to give our Credit card for the usual ... We looked at each other knowing that it was already taken from our Account .. but Hotel said NO ... so we checked our Bank Acc App & in the meantime the female on Reception who had been summoned to assist ... did a check and discovered YES the money had been taken. Then we were looking forward to going upstairs to get ready for going out to meet friends in the city ... but unfortunately we were directed across the grounds beside the Leisure Centre ... in all our years taking hotel breaks that was a first. Luckily it wasn't raining or dark or late ... that should have been pointed out to us at the point of booking that we wouldn't be staying in the actual Castle Hotel building at all. The Carpet on the corridors & on the stairs in that OTHER building across the way ... strange that it has so many strips of frayed strips ... considering these times of Health & Safety. Our room was lovely & spacious, no problems at all with that . However when you opened the blind on the Window ... we had the people in the swimming pool across from us & guests walking the grounds & we all certainly noticed each other.. so we had to keep the blind drawn while we were in the room. We stayed 2 nights & on the Sunday morning we were trying to get going early to fit in all we had planned & when we lifted the blind ... we now had the company of 2 men out playing Tennis ...

Look forward to my next visit

OK, so it's not in the city centre but it is still close enough to get there with little difficulty - even by public bus for 3.30€ each way with a bus stop located just outside the grounds of the hotel. That said, I doubt any hotel in the city centre has such lovely grounds.

The facilities are well managed, the room very comfortable and tastefully appointed, and the staff very helpful. I liked everything about the experience. Yes, I would stay there again.

Fabulous impressions

The bed a bit hard

The Hotel and grounds are very expansive and rooms reasonably priced. Reception and bar staff were very helpful.The bar food was very generous in proportions and tasty. Highly recommend

I will not be returning. Poor value for money.

Cottage not fresh. Receptionist indifferent, didn't worry about making sure we could find our cottage, so we had to wander around outside the grounds with two other guests trying to find our accommodation. Not told that we would be staying in cottage on grounds, as opposed to in the house, until arrival.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

grand for one night.......................no more

noise in bathroom was serious.................plumbing needs real make over...........telly too small............windows all need upgrade to double glaze or trible glaze..for heat retention.....................too dark in bar area.............hard to read menus...........service bit slow in bar...........................signs all over hotel needs upgrade.....all signs too small............and too hard to find...............cars parked right outside door way...........need to push back a bit and maybe use one of several fine car parks..........management need to up their game here.................room bit cold...................

car park good and big................bird poo all over the place..........needs bit of work......like cut some tree branches .........hotel fairly silent

Lovely hotel for a romantic getaway

The staff at breakfast were a bit disorganized and didn't really smile that much, that's one area the hotel needs to work on

The staff in bar and restaurant, as well as at check in and check out were absolutely professional and super friendly. The room was nice, clean, and quiet, and the bed super comfortable

Very comfortable & quite location, yet only minutes from the M50.

Really nice comfortable room in the Garden wing, these rooms are fairly new, but with old world style furniture, but all the modern conveniences you'd expect from a 4-star hotel. Very quiet rooms and our's had French Doors out into the garden. We had a nice meal the night of our arrival, luckily they serve food until about 9.30pm. Very easy location to get to from the M50 or M4/N4, yet a really quiet location as it's on it's own large grounds, so you are located well off the street & nearby neighborhood shopping area. Also, car parking was really convenient as we could park right opposite our room, almost 'motel' style.

Hotel is beautiful setting is lovely. Rooms are lovely, bed is comfortable. Food is lovely.

Some of the bar staff lacked experience and should be more customer focused.

Senior member of bar staff was very nice, professional and had excellent customer service skills.

Would recommend.

You are mislead to believe from the booking that you are staying in a room in the main house. In fact you stay in a modern complex to the side of the main building. Several things went wrong, we were there for two nights but was only given a pass card for one night. Our room cleaner decided to throw my bar of soap away that I had brought with me and never got to know why my things had been touched. No excuse.

Beautiful setting and grounds, long tree lined drive to main house. You can catch the bus outside the hotel, into Dublin which takes about a hour. You must pay in coins. Tea making in room. Breakfast- good choice of cold and hot. Plenty of parking.

Finnstown Castle is in a lovely setting and has a good restaurant. Some rooms need work.

We were travelling with friends and booked two rooms with ensuite. This was not available at check in someone having used their initiative to provide rooms with a shared bathroom. The check in staff reallocated us to a cottage. This was satisfactory but shabby (cracked bathroom fittings).

The hotel has lovely grounds and a good ambience. Parking is easy and public transport (bus) to the city conveniently located near the long driveway. The restaurant and entertainment add to the experience.

Food was great, could be amazing with some maintenance of property

The hotel seems like it needs a bit of tlc. Especially the pool & changing room areas. These areas did not seem very clean, the benches are coming away from the walls , are split and held together with sealant. The bathroom in our room also needed resealed. These are all things which could be easily fixed but would make a big diff. While some of the staff were outstanding there was one gent at brekkie who was actually really disinterested and unhelpful.

There were a couple of the staff who were fab, super welcoming and friendly. The grounds were beautiful.

Attending a a wedding here, it was 1st class.

Breakfast finished serving at 10,and we didn’t realize this. Got to dining room before 10 , but sat at table having juice, and when we got to buffet it was cleared away. Staff did not tell us this was about to happen, so a little disappointing.

Beautiful comfortable bedroom. Nice and quiet , in building beside hotel. We were attending a big wedding there and never heard a sound.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Good hotel and grounds, service need work

I felt the receptionist could have been more friendly. When I was checked in, I was pointed outside across the road to find my room. Not great service, took me a while to figure where I had to go and after a long day I wasn't in the mood. Carpet was stained badly in places.

Lovely building and grounds. Breakfast and dinner were delicious and the bat staff were friendly. Room was quiet and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

A bit of a treat at the end of a trip...

The only thing that was a disappointment was the mattress - loved the older style décor in the rooms (big Narnia like wardrobe) but the mattress was old and could feel the springs. Also open ground on either side of the driveway up to the hotel aren't really accessible for walking around - minor things though

This was a nice bit of luxury at the end of a trip round Ireland seeing sites and family. Location was good for getting into Central Dublin by car (but not too close to be noisy) and out to other places. Had afternoon tea there which at €30 for two was fantastic value - fed 3 of us easily. Also had some small salads for an evening meal that were huge when delivered - first time I've had a Caesar salad where the chicken was still warm by the time it got to me - lovely tasting too. Gardens around the main house are lovely to walk around as well that really helped us feel relaxed right from when we came up the drive. We stayed in the suites separate from the main building that were really quiet - ground floor room added benefit of having a door that opened up from the room made it easier to get luggage in.

The location of the hotel was beautiful

Ordered room service never got what we asked for and we had to pay for it there and then. Staff who delivered it took our card away which we were not happy about.

The location of the hotel was beautiful

Loved everything about the hotel, and we could sit outside...

Loved everything about the hotel, and we could sit outside in the beautiful garden lovely sunshine & enjoy afternoon tea so relaxing what weekend breaks are made off 😊

Big disappointment

This castle hotel was a total disappointment. Started with the fact, that we got a room in a "golf suite", but this was a separate building from the hotel. The furnitures and the whole building obviously need refurbishment and reconstruction, especially the bathroom. The breakfast was very very weak (compare to other 4* hotels or even small B&Bs), my cappuccino was delivered to the table with pouring coffee on the side. Staff was wearing dirty uniform and didn't do the job with enthusiasm. We had a lost luggage, so we asked for laundry service. They said laundry can not be done within a day. So if you stay for 2 nights, forget about using the laundry in the hotel. What a 4* service... I can imagine, that this hotel had its bright era 10-15 years ago, but now it is a uncared hotel which clearly needs an investement. You can see the decline everywhere in the common areas as well.

Enough parkig slots. The garden is very nice and cared. Bed was comfy and the towels were soft. Wifi worked very well.

Very disappointing

Our room wasn't ready when we got there and had to change our clothes for the wedding in the changing room in the gym, that was soaking wet from people having showers. When we finally got our room they tried to persuade me that I ordered a twin room, eventhough I booked at double, they said they would get housekeeping up to sort out the problem, which never happened. Myself and my partner didn't even end up staying there we were that disappointed with the service. Most definitely would not class this place as a 4*. I've had better service in a cheap hostel

The grounds were nice, that was about it.

Wonderful location with beautiful gardens and peaceful.

Leisure centre needs a full redecoration and some restoration. Still enjoyable to use, but pool in particular and changing rooms are in need of upgrade

Wonderful location with beautiful gardens and peaceful. Excellent food

One disruptive night due to wedding revelers left us very disappointed

Room was in basement area, and while room was pleasant it was disappointingly dark. Wedding reception on our second night was very disruptive due to many revelers. Restaurant was pleasant but my wife was violently sick after eating dinner in the restaurant. Staff took note of it the following morning, but that was as far as it went.

Beds very comfortable.

Comfortable but dissappointing

Receptionist did not seem to have any idea of what she was doing. Kept answering the phone whilst I was just standing there and waiting. Then when I did finally get my room key it would not work in the door. This took the same receptionist an additional 15mins to reactivate correctly The TV stations were appaling and the series I was following I could not get

I liked the grounds and the room

Overall a lovely 2 night stay, highly recommend this hotel

Might be an idea to call a repair man to get the lift checked out. I got stuck in it so little scary. Buttons worked eventually.

Accommodation was very clean. Food was exceptional, compliments to the chef. Outside surroundings and gardens were lovely to walk around.

good location, bit of work needed...............

could not find room.........went lost 3 times.........maybe its me...........but maybe not..........signs way too small.......baby stairs all over the place............doors to right not signed................more signs needed, bigger and better from reception to room and back journey as well................reception girl wanted payment on arrival...before i saw room, big no no for me..............was prepared to leave.....................not nice , and not very welcoming.......i am over 45......not a flight risk???.................car park surface rough, could do with upgrade.......................................

good parking, surface bit rough, good size room , when u found it.............bar nice, food good,..........door man nice and friendly.........................

First and last time there

Bed was uncomfortable. We got he worst room even though I requested them to put us in a decent room for my friend's bday. They gave us a room with a view of Bush and scrap land. The balcony was so dirty and there was no shower gel. We rant reception that were rude and clueless on everything we asked

A great stay very relaxing.

Staff at Breakfast were okay but could of been a lot better.

The room was spacious with king size bed, everything met all our requirements. Must try the Irish coffee it was excellent.

Good value for money. Comfortable. But don't expect a great look and feel where rooms are concerned

We were given rooms in an annexe. More of an outhouse. The furniture was worn out and ramshackle. Neglected wing of the hotel.

Overall property is good

Very nice and would return for another stay.

A bit too far from the airport.

It was outside Dublin’s downtown. We didn’t have to drive in, we took public transit which was very easy. The grounds were very nice and the place had a lot of character.

Lovely hotel.

Location isn’t great. But surroundings help with that.

Lovely hotel. Nice surroundings. Very comfortable and relaxed. Really lovely rooms, spacious and comfortable. Food good too. Highly recommended.

Not a 4 star hotel.

I had suffered from a severe muscle strain the day before I arrived and was in a lot of pain. I was placed in a new building attached to the main house, but it looked a bit battered. The elevator was out of service and I had to carry a very heavy bag upstairs on my own. No assistance was offered. No one explained the amenities available (i think there's a swimming pool and gym, but check the shedule at the reception because it's not the same written in the brochure available in the room). Later, I asked where I could buy a mobile charger (i had lost mine at the airport, my phone was dead) i was told sardonically that they didn't have a mobile phone charging service. It was awful, really. No fridge in the Room.

The Room was clean and reasonably comfortable. The breakfast was decent. The gardens were pretty.

Would stay again

Bed is wallowed out and worn down. This is the 2nd property in Ireland we were given a different room other than what we booked.

Everything was great other than that

Relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable

Nothing really

When travelling it is always a pleasure to stay at a facility run by locals, with decorations and rooms designed with the locality in mind and not just another business hotel with no character, the food was excellent, using locally sourced foods and cooked properly. I have stayed in over 10 hotels in and around Dublin and this is by far the best for money. Lovely grounds, great facilities, free parking, good food and friendly bar, Wifi works well throughout, what more could you want

disappointing

They sell a 4 star property , which is beautiful... and what I bought. When they show you to you room in the annex it is a 3 star room... ver very basic This in essence is complete misrepresentation. Booking.com com as the middle agent should be much more aware of what is going on. I have found in a couple of place in Ireland the same thing.

Never again.

It’s a long list, but essentially- On our second night, the hotel hosted a wedding and loud noise just outside our (strange) room until 4am. It was a miserable night. The place is very dirty. Carpets, walls, and other details were unacceptably filthy, by my estimation. The decorationing and details are all completely disjointed. No cohesiveness to the architecture and interior details. The breakfast was deplorable. Low-grade food, to say the least. Most tables in the dining area were empty, but dirty.

The woman that checked us in was kind and helpful.

Stunning Hotel on beautiful grounds. Vert close to the M5O with a superb public travel service.

Dated in areas...however not a lot to find fault with.

Location is perfect. Close to Airport and the City. We travelled for Ed Sheeran Concert and the found that the area has a very reliable bus service into the City...and was very close to Phoneix Park.

Apparently the Booking.

Apparently the Booking.com prepay policy is not obvious to the hotels, so there was confusion about the amount due. The staff was put in a difficult position, but handled it with aplomb.

The barman in the bar where the man was singing.

The barman in the bar where the man was singing. His manners were downright rude to customers. He basicially didnt want to work there. My husband asked for a pint and a sparkling water for me. He gave him a pint glass for the water. My husband asked for a half pint glass and he just glared at him and flung the ice out of the glass. He was also rude to another couple beside us. It was really off putting and it wouldnt entice us to go back again.

A hidden gem, just off a busy road 🐝

The lift in the mews wasnt working which would have been of great assistance to my Mam, who has a bad hip.

Loved the mix of old country house & modern mews style suites, the staff were wonderful to deal with, gluten free food options were no problem at all (my tummy thanks them). The gardens were beautiful & we even met the peacock in the garden the morning we were leaving. It was a most enjoyable stay.

Disappointing and misleading website

The room we got was not like those on the website. I've stayed in cleaner more luxurious hostels. Not an exaggeration. Not a hope was it a 4 star experience. Barely 2! Not in the main building it was a golf suite. Dirty dusty dank. Very strange and not worth half the rate we paid.

I liked the grounds and the house itself was nice to look at. The ostrich on the grounds and peacock were highlights.

An enjoyable weekend if a tad expensive.u

Room was very comfortable and slept well. Breakfast was more basic than expected in impressive dining room. Weather was very good and outside space was very nice.

Quite nice Irish breakfast (if you are looking for a...

Renovation is necessary - rugs. furniture etc. were once very nice, but seen better days.

Quite nice Irish breakfast (if you are looking for a continental breakfast or are vegetarian however, you might have a problem - almost no vegetables, cold meat, cheese etc.). Sourroundings are quite nice

Beautiful grounds

We had a terrifying night, stomping noise on top room of our room we were staying for an hour at 3am.rang the reception, staff didn't do anything.

Beautiful grounds

There was a plastic bag over the fire alarm in the bedroom which worried me a lot. Reception staff wasn’t the nicest. Gym was inadequate. Everything is smaller than what you think judging by the pictures. Price

Girlie night out !

The decor is looking very shabby. Carpets all over the hotel need replacing asap. Lets down the appearance very badly.

Beautiful location. Friendly staff. Lovely food. Restful location.

Nice place, poor service

The staff was generally rather unhelpful and did little to help us manage our wedding schedule.

The garden was beautiful and lamas on the yard were a nice surprise. We also liked the historical feel of the compound.

The dinner was excellent/they kept the restaurant open...

The breakfast was poor-I dislike breakfast help yourself-There was no breakfast menu with alternatives

The dinner was excellent/they kept the restaurant open for me and the service was exceptional

Nice room.poor unkempt leisure facilities

The leisure centre is a walk from the main hotel. Facilties there are dirty and old.tennis balls old and not great. Had to walk outside in the rain to the reception to check out

The rooms were spacious

Ok for one night

The hotel’s golden days are in the past and it needs some love and care. We got a quite nice room and we especially liked the seating area in glass. The bath tub was leaking water (the’d tried to cover the hole with some kind of paste). When checking in we were told by the guy in the reception that the restaurant was fully booked. Prepared to eat at the bar, we came down around 8 oclock to find a half empty restaurant and we were welcomed in (?). The food was exceding our expectations (a bit overcooked sirloin steak though) and the staff was very nice. Overall, an ok hotel for the price!

Comfortable room, well-furnished & quiet.

No complaints as I thought the price was very good, the facilities provided were quite adequate.

Comfortable room, well-furnished & quiet. Very helpful & friendly staff on reception & in the bar. Excellent value. Delighted to see the peacock strolling around the well-tended grounds!

we were very happy with our experience at this hotel

just a very small thing, my husband ordered a creme brulee dessert which was meant to have a white chocolate and raspberry biscuit with it. it wasnt on the plate and when we asked about it the waiter went off and checked with the chef. the explanation was that they had run out of biscuits and the waiter apologised. my husband was disappointed... as it was the biscuit he had really fancied!

the bed (in one of the castle rooms) was the most comfy hotel bed i have slept in for a very long time. the dinner we had in the peacock restaurant was really superb and the breakfast the following morning was excellent.

Other then that everything was perfect!

When we arrived at reception the lady on it wasn’t very polite in telling us it was 3 for check in. When we asked about food when we arrived at 2:30 we were told it wouldn’t be till after 6pm that we could get food which was outrageous because they had signs saying carvery from 12. Lack of communication amongst the staff! On departure though reception was disgraceful as there was a wedding crew checking out and the reception had no change at all in the till and had to keep going inside to the bar which delayed everyone in the foyay. This is a hotel till should have cash and customers should not be asked for exact change due to staff being to lazy to get the right amount needed for the day!! Very slow and not very helpful! Change receptionist!

The room and food were lovely! Staff weren’t too over friendly but there was a new girl and it was her first day on Saturday and she was a very nice helpful young girl!

Beautiful grounds

Paying by card was not a good experience. I hope it was just a glitch the weekend we stayed.

The staff were very helpful there. The bar man downstairs was wonderfully attentive chatty but not too much. The gardens are beautiful.

Absolutely beautiful, peaceful and good location, we shall be returning

I had emailed the hotel a few times to request a room in the main hotel not the annex, to this day I’ve still not had a reply however, one phone call and it was sorted for us. The swimming pool area is slightly dated, with a quite a few broken tiles, also broken tiles in the sauna where I cut my foot.

Stayed at Finnstown castle hotel for my husbands 40th birthday, check in staff very friendly and room 41 was excellent size & clean. The breakfast was lovely again the staff were very friendly. The grounds of the hotel are stunning, the leisure suite has good equipment and not to busy. Such a stunning hotel set amongst the most delightful grounds. So peaceful and tranquil.

The bed was comfortable and the air con is easy to use.

There is a good breakfast if you want a fry but there is not a great choice if you just want a continental breakfast. Some meats, cheeses, dried fruit and possibly peppers and cucumbers would be a really nice addition.

The bed was comfortable and the air con is easy to use.

Relaxing stay, lovely surroundings, quiet and tranquil.

Couldn't fault a thing.

The room was very cosy and bed comfortable. The breakfast was lovely and the dining room was warm and inviting with comfortable chairs. Staff very helpful and friendly.

Breakfast was lovely ,,dinning room was fantastic ,, the...

Toilet made very loud noise when flushed , wallpaper in the bar looked tatty and old ,,

Breakfast was lovely ,,dinning room was fantastic ,, the grounds were amazing

The room was nice and clean.

The leisure centre needs updating. Gym equipment seemed good but the swimming pool is quite small. No sauna or jacuzzi.

The room was nice and clean. Staff were friendly

Disappointed, not worth the money we spent... room was €150 and started and mains (no drinks) was€68

Receptionist was very dosy, needs to be more assertive.... we dined in the main restaurant hall and we were very disappointed with it... food was rushed....I ever got a steak knife...we were never asked if everything was okay...we were not offered sides/extras/ a drink...my boyfriend had to go back to the main bar to get us a drink, the hotel was very understaffed considering all the functions that were going on... we had no entertainment in the main hotel even tho it was advertised there’s music on a Saturday night....

We were out in the courtyard, but the room surprisingly still had the coziness of a hotel and decor Was still old style, big bed, wardrobe and dresser

The room was clean and a good size.

No extra pillows in the room. The bed was bowed in the middle. TV reception was poor.

The room was clean and a good size. Check in and out was hassle free and the food was good.

Lovely place, lovely food, but almost no options on the dinner menu for vegetarian.

The heating in the room was very poor. It simply did not respond to the controls. The dinner menu in the restaurant has one option in starters for vegetarian (soup) and only one option in the mains. Not good enough really in this day and age, and as we are both vegetarian it would stop us from booking again, given the price you are paying.

Beautiful place and the staff were excellent.

Expensive dinner

The bed was uncomfortable we sort or rolled into the centre of it Bed had staples sticking out of it by the floor stubbed my toes :-( informed staff the next morning and they gave us breakfast for free

Staff were excellent

The property was brilliant, not that far from Lucan but felt...

If pushed the 11 o'clock check out time , apart from that nothing else

The property was brilliant, not that far from Lucan but felt like being in the country .Rooms lovely and a great and relaxing atmosphere.All staff excellent particularly Emily in the bar who was always smiling , food very good in bar and breakfast was very good

Very disappointed

Staff shortages very noticeable. No one to service tables take over for food long wait at bar - some staff rude as obliviously under strain

Comfortable room

Clean, grand, 4 star building but a 3 star rating.

The bar staff. The swimming pool was basically a paddling pool. Double bed was two singles linked together.

The hotel throughout was warm and clean. Excellent food. Reception staff were friendly. Beautiful grounds.

Nice hotel.stff need more training

Staff poorly trained. barman unable to make cocktails made us feel like we were an inconvenience asking for service .no music on sat night but website said there was.staff abrupt at breakfast service

Nice grounds.comfortable beds good location

Service poor. Breakfast terrible and not worth 11 euros.

Service at the bar in the evenings was poor. Breakfast looked as if it had been sitting for ages. We have visited Finnstown Country Club many time over the space of fifteen years. The service and greeting has declined.

Bed comfortable The food in the evenings excellent chef who I doubt cooks breakfast as that was poor.