Reviews of Glengarriff Park Hotel 3 stars

The Village, Glengarriff, Ireland

#4 of 11 hotels in Glengarriff

• Deluxe Twin Room

The bed sheets/towels were not changed daily, the odd day only replaced with one towel when there were 2 of us

Location was convenient for my stay, excellent breakfast provided

• Classic Triple Room

Lift was awaiting repairs and we had to get some exercise and use the stairs (1 floor only) 😀

Room was very comfortable, good bedding and all comforts supplied. Staff were very helpful. Breakfast was great and the Bar also.

• Classic Twin Room

Excellent service from the lady on reception who changed our booking as I had made a mistake and booked he wrong Monday, she couldn't have been more helpful. Lovely room with plenty of space and clean. Good breakfast too!

Stayed overnight with a group of friends travelling on the Wild Atlantic Way on our motorbikes. Friendly welcome, clean and comfortable rooms with the standard facilities one would expect. Our evening meal was good quality and plentiful, beer was good, breakfast excellent. We enjoyed our stay and would all return.

• Deluxe Double Room

The shower had plenty of hot water but poor pressure

The Breakfast was excellent. The buffet display was fresh & inviting with a good selection to choose from, the toast was crisp and not soggy, the cooked breakfast came freshly cooked from the kitchen and not sitting under hot plates all morning. The lady taking the orders was very efficient and asked us was everything ok and did we need anything more.

• Classic Triple Room

Didn't like the broken lift..m

Didn't have croissant..bed was ok Big problem was that the lift was broken all the time we were there, had to walk up 2 flights of stairs,, I think hotel made regular contact with company but they were slow, it may be repaired by now but it was a nuisance.

• Deluxe Double Room

Pillows not very comfortable Booked as couple & one child. Only one bed in the room so that was not ideal with an active 4 year old Window in our room on second floor not very safe for children.

Breakfast was good Location to visit sights was fantastic

• Classic Twin Room

Serivce in bar was very slow ordered food too very slow and not the best the room we had was 115 noise coming up from kicthen extractor fan and could her staff talking to in kicthen.very nosiey room could not relax.

It was near everything ...lovely room comfortable clean. Execpt for the noise.plenty of parking.

The hotel is lovely and very modern. We had two rooms which were clean but one of our group said the bed was too hard. Our room was spacious and our beds comfortable. Hotel is right in the village of glengariff with restaurants and pubs nearby. The food was lovely and very reasonable.

• Classic Double Room

Great stay. Amazing room at a good price. Staff went out of their way to return my husbands lost sweater after we left. Would definatley vistit again and recommend to anyone.

• Classic Triple Room

Great location. Beautiful scenery and boats to Garnish Island just across the road. Helpful staff and large comfy triple room for 3 adults. This was a return stay at the property and I would highly recommend

• Deluxe Double Room

The facilities in the hotel are excellent but it is the friendly staff that make it. The food in the bar was outstanding as was the bar manager on duty.

• Classic Double Room

The wifi was not the best but that shouldn't be a deal killer.

The hotel is connected to a restaurant and a bar. I arrived pretty late and got a supper even though they have closed the kitchen already. Super friendly and helpful staff. Ideal for traveling to the Dursey Islands.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Everything was wonderful! The staff friendly and very helpful, special thank you to AnnMarie for her helpfulness. We would definitely recommend and hope to revisit again in the future.

• Classic Twin Room

It was a very impersonal check-in. Basically "here's the key, there's the elevator". I was disappointed in how modern the hotel is for such a small Irish town - probably my fault for not paying more attention to the details when booking.

The girl on the desk in the morning definitely made up for the check-in experience the night before. The location is perfect for starting your morning drive over the pass to Kenmare and onwards.

• Deluxe Double Room

We booked as we were attending a wedding in a nearby hotel. Breakfast the following day was to be served until 11am. We arrived down for breakfast at 11.05am the breakfast staff checked with kitchen and were told we would not be able to have breakfast as kitchen was closed. Thought this was a bit mean but what could we do? We went back to our room to pack up and check out and 15 mins later when we arrived on the ground floor there were the breakfast staff bringing a tray of freshly cooked food to a room as they had ordered breakfast in bed.so basically the kitchen just couldn't be bothered dealing with us. Would not return to this hotel for that reason. But on a plus note have a fab breakfast up the road in Rolf's cafe would highly recommend 😀

• Classic Twin Room

The staff were not organised & were not keeping track of what I had for breakfast & they were confused about who was staying in each room. I was unhappy about this as I was being charged for having 2 Full breakfasts instead of 2 mini breakfasts. I had to make this clear at reception when I was paying the bill. I also felt like I had to do their job for the staff as they came across as incompetent & unprofessional.

The hotel was warm & cosy & the double beds were very spacious! Great power shower

• Classic Twin Room

first room smelt of tobacco. changed room. second room was over fans from kitchen more smells. no air con no fan . Had to keep window closed so room too hot. Waited to be checked in no staff at desk has to go looking for someone.

not much

• Deluxe Twin Room

No heating working and when I went to the desk I was told that no point in trying to find someone to have a look at it because they won't find anyone at short notice. There was no bath in room the room was for disabled people I suffer with my back and even sink was too low for me in bathroom

• Classic Single Room

Would have loved to have a hair dryer in the room and the walls are poorly soundproofed so that I witnessed my neighbors affection for each other multiple times (fair play!). Other than that, no reason to complain!

Free parking right in front of the hotel was a plus, and a really fast checkin. I wasn't overly impressed with the Indian curry for dinner, but that has nothing to do with quality but rather personal preference.

• Deluxe Double Room

The bedroom was clean the bathroom was dirty , there was urine staines on the floor and toilet , the fire alarm system went off repeatedly from 01-15 until 01-45. The person on reception was unable to turn it off and the owner could not b contacted. When checking out the following morning not even an apology!!!! Not good enough in my opinion

The hotel was nice it's was central, close to nice walks and views

• Classic Double Room

Internet only works in the lobby but we got by.

This was a very pleasant stay a a small hotel on the main street of Glengarriff. Parking was easy on the street or in back of the hotel. Our room was very nicely appointed and clean with a great shower. The room was quiet and the bed comfortable. We did not have breakfast at the hotel but had a nice dinner in the restaurant/pub attached to the hotel. There was live music in the pub which we real enjoyed after we had our dinner in the restaurant. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. A nice little town to visit on the south coast of Ireland.

The whole experience

It was small non discriptive! People were nice. Out of the way nothing there. Gps took us thru a very scary one road park to get there. It was a frightening ride and we were shaken by it. At the hotel the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and we were out of the building for an hour.

• Deluxe Double Room

Parking a little awkward- was not sure how to get from car park to hotel. Missed a lounge area

Comfy bed, friendly staff, attentive, nice ambience. Good food.

It's a little tricky to access the hotel from the parking area at the back of the premises - esp if it's pouring rain!

Great central location, good restaurant

• Classic Double Room

I was looking forward to staying at this hotel as they had a bar on site that served food, we went for lunch there our first day and the staff were extremely rude and we didn't return. We were so disappointed. No shampoo in our room was also disappointing>

This was a nice hotel, in a ideal location in the village of Glengarriff. Parking was at the back of the hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room

The lovely lady at reception offered us a travel cot and sheets for our son. It was great as we had only brought a small travel bed for him for handiness sake. He had a great sleep in the cot.

• Deluxe Twin Room

You have to go into reception to find out about the parking, which might have been a problem if I had arrived alone. They do have a door back to the parking lot through the restaurant but we had to unload in the street and then go park behind the building. Also, we had no control over the heat and A/C so we had to keep the window to the street open and that meant the late night celebrations (some team won some game?) out front woke us up.

The food was great once we realized the Bistro and Pub were attached to the Hotel. Having the Aran sweater and woolens shop just below was an extra bonus, although a bit disconcerting as we saw the same people, in different outfits, serving in each venue over our short stay. A marvellous part was walking across the street to the associated boat service and their accommodating our time constraints–so they just took the three of us out on the scenic inlet bay for 40 minutes or so rather than going on the Island Tour.

Breakfast included in price

Lovely hotel comfy rooms have 9 yr old wasn't much for him in hotel apart from WiFi which was spuradic in room. Room was above bar on main road so we were all awake till early hrs, no breakfast included in price of room hotel more suitable for couples

• Deluxe Triple Room

Room got very hot when heating was on

Excellent location in the center of village. Good size room and comfortable beds. Very attractive bar. Everywhere spotlessly clean. Lovely evening meal and really excellent breakfast. The staff were fabulous, very friendly, relaxed and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Location very central staff were very helpful and friendly .Room spotless and very comfortable ..We had a very enjoyable stay .Would highly recommend.

• Deluxe Double Room

that my booking through you(booking.com)was not on their system!!!!! The very nice receptionist gave me a room anyway at the same rate but thank god there were 2 rooms left!!!!!

nice spacious room

• Classic Single Room

Room only basis. Glengarriff Park Hotel is the perfect stop for the magnificent Garnish Island and its near-tropical, colourful gardens. Revisiting this Island was the main reason for my trip and I was not disappointed. The boat trip is short, with fine shore scenery and basking seals into the bargain. There are many walks around the charming village, while the journey from Cork to and from Glengarriff on the public bus is worthwhile in itself.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Classic Single Room

Breakfast should be included in price

Comfy bed in a large updated room, on main road with shopping and pubs/restaurants, staff friendly, fantastic location for days trips. Across road from Quill's.

• Deluxe Twin Room

As we were coming from a kayak event in kenmare we were late checking in but manager Joesph was extremely helpful and kind understood why we were late. He also offered to store my kayak over night but we had to leave early following morning as my hubby was running the bay run... but very kind and great staff both at reception and dining room

• Classic Twin Room

Just wonder did you ever consider adding a leisure centre and pool to the property. The boiler house was located near our bedroom and we could hear the boiler at night - only a comment for you to consider.

The Welcome we received was excellent . Staff were all excellent and helpful all over the weekend

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room

The bed was a little uncomfortable. On my second morning, I asked for just scrambled eggs. They came out very undercooked for my liking. I gave them to the staff member to ask the chef if they could be cooked a little more. When after 25 minutes they were not returned and my husband had finished his breakfast, I called the staff member to let her know that I couldn't wait any longer. All she said was that's fine. I left feeling disappointed.

The staff were very friendly and the location was very good.

• Deluxe Double Room

1. My burger was not cooked properly. It was all red in the middle. 2. Breakfast was very heavy and greasy. Very little choice. Basically a cooked Irish breakfast or nothing. 3. Could not sleep with music blaring in the bar.

Location and nearby pubs

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast buffet is a bit light (no bread on one day for instance, had to ask for toasts). That said, the quality of the food and service is excellent.

Good service. The room I was given was not properly heated and it has been no problem to get another one.

• Deluxe Double Room

The smell in the room was awful. It smelled like sewerage! There was atmosphere in the hotel. Even in the bar it was too silent no radio on even. We felt almost awkward for talking!

The location was excellent & the room itself was lovely

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Classic Double Room

Room was a little chilly and menu slightly pricey.

Room was spacious and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was roomy and facilities perfect. Nice to have tea and coffee in room too. Bed was comfy and quite big.Food was fab and the bar and staff were great.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was freezing,rad was on when we got there but as the night progressed it got colder and colder,also the was someone else meal charged to our room,staff apogolise over the room and acknowledged that there was an issue with heating but still they put us into this room,also apologize over extra charges to the room,

Breakfast was good great choice,evening meal the night before was good staff friendly

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Classic Twin Room

Great value on out of season deal. Hotel in good location for walks and short drive to Kenmare. Although they weren't offering full dining, breakfast was great. Staff were friendly and keen to make our stay comfortable. Overall it was an enjoyable and relaxing stay.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

• Classic Single Room

Water could have been warmer for the bath.... this is only a little picky complaint..... the shower was lovely.

I loved the location, the cleanliness, the warm room, the restaurant, the friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

No Complaints whatsoever.

Fantastic little hotel in a beautiful village. Everything so clean and comfortable. Excellent customer service at all times, polite,helpful and friendly staff. Excellent breakfasts right up till 11am and non rushed check out time 12 mid day. Brilliant ! Great Bar / Pub next door making the stay easy and relaxing and it was nice to have a warm and friendly chat with one or two of the local patrons. The beds are extremely comfy and i was told by the receptionist that the mattresses are renewed 6 monthly... i enjoyed the best sleeps ever. Lovely, large well stocked shop next door selling amazing locally made & hand knitted winter woolies etc and hand crafted gifts. Great place for Christmas shopping ideas and thoughtful gifts for others all year round. Also stocks some beautiful jewellery .

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Classic Twin Room

No receptionist on duty when we arrived, although someone did come from the bar to check us in. Little information on where dinner/breakfast was served. The restaurant was closed and food was served from the bar, very cramped as it was quite busy. At one point the bar manager asked a gentleman could he move up to bar as he wanted to seat 4 women for dinner. Food was good but breakfast was very poor. Also no hot water for any of us to have a shower and decided to check out after 1 night, our stay was supposed to be 3 nights. Not even one question from receptionist as to why we were leaving or was our stay satisfactory. Such a shame as this hotel seemed to be well decorated and quite modern, just lacked that comfort factor.

Location is fantastic, parking great and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Classic Double Room

The rooms were a little cold to begin with, the heating was turned on but late in the evening. This is me knit picking though, other than that I had no issues whatsoever.

Great location and value for money, we didn't get the breakfast simply because we were travelling around West Cork and decided that we would stop on our travels, however we did eat in the adjoining restaurant which was really tasty.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Classic Twin Room

We had 2 rooms that were not connecting which was a bit awkward for a family of 4.

Very clean and modern rooms, beds were very comfortable, plenty of hot water for bath and showers.Excellent value.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Classic Single Room

It was exceptionally clean...so many hotels don't see facilities from the guests viewpoint. The bed was so comfy, room spacious, bathroom had lots of surface to put your products. Breakfast was excellent. Couldn't fault it.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Everything was great

This was our favourite place to stay on our trip to Ireland. It was warm and welcoming. We ate in the restaurant, which was superb. A delightful place.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

I did not like leaving!

Location second to none, lovely hotel, staff were excellent.excellent bar and restaurant, food very good. This is my 3rd stay here so that says it all. Looking forward to no 4 😬

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Classic Triple Room

Background music in dining room, brekkie was like a wake!

Central, all facilities within easy access taking weather into consideration(wet, misty) had to indulge in indoor sports!! Super choice brekkie & great Murphy's!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Classic Twin Room

I was pleased with all aspect of the accommodation and service offered.

this was my third stay at the Glengariff Park Hotel, as on previous occassions I enjoyed my visit there: the good quality of the rooms, high standard of cleanliness and comfort, good staff and service, these are the reasons why I return to this hotel. I also enjoyed the wide variety of good quality foods which are available for breakfast..I had a most enjoyable stay at the Glengariff Park Hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Super friendly family hotel right in the centre of the town and great for visiting local pubs and shops. Friendly bar and super food and a great breakfast to set you up for the rest of the day!

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

Service in dining room a bit poor. No bath towels provided on 2nd day.

Location very central. Rooms spacious and clean. Front desk service very welcoming and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Classic Double Room

Breakfast a bit expensive.

Big room, bed was very comfortable with a super fluffy duvet. Breakfast was good with a lot of choice, but costs 10€ extra per person. Bar/restaurant from the hotel with good food and average price.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Generally prefer quaint B&Bs but this was a nice stand-in when the places I'd have liked to stay were all booked.

Amazing Irish breakfast, terrific location and convenient parking.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Great location. good quality of matresses and quilt. Liveky nights spent

• Deluxe Double Room

The WiFi does not reach the rooms

Clean, comfortable beds, great showers (but wish they were walk in)

• Classic Triple Room

Much better if it had a bath and a comfy chair in room.

The food was good. Was disappointed there was no bath, as most hotels will have a bath.

• Classic Triple Room

A well run family hotel .good breakfast and bistro was an advantage .

Friendly staff

• Classic Twin Room

No WiFi, none of the electrical outlets, tv or water boiler working in the room.

It was clean

• Deluxe Double Room

Such friendly staff Bed was amazing Shower and bath Bar food Bar atmosphere Early check in Service Girls on reception

everything

Wi fi not stunning

Friendly and helpful staff Pleasant well equipped room Good location

The food was excellent!

• Deluxe Double Room

It was a close to perfect as possible. Will definitely return.

• Classic Triple Room

Really nice hotel in the centre of the village. Excellent breakfast

• Classic Single Room

Very nice hotel in Glengarriff. On the main thoroughfare. Had the craic in the hotel bar with the locals!!

• Deluxe Twin Room

Beds very comfortable. Staff very friendly. Very relaxing restaurant and bar.

price of breakfast

The overall service was extremely good and very good value for money. The staff were very welcoming.

• Classic Single Room

The friendliness and helpfulness of staff was second to none.