2. Ireland hotel reviews

Tynagh Loughrea, H62 RX96 Loughrea, Ireland

#4 of 9 hotels in Loughrea

Based on 80 B&B reviews

9.9

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 51

• Reviewed: 12 September 2019

Very pleasant stay, lovely, friendly host, made us feel very comfortable.

The ensuite toilet was very small, if we were any bigger we would'nt have fitted!

reat Breakfast, nothing too much trouble. Also great to be able to make cups of tea/coffee whenever we wanted.

Stayed in August 2019

• Reviewed: 5 August 2019

Stayed here on a stop over on our way to Sligo, if a taste...

Eat somewhere before you arrive as there is nowhere to eat in the village, although our host was more that happy to cook for us had we needed it.

Stayed here on a stop over on our way to Sligo, if a taste of traditional Irish life is what you are after then this is the place for you. Quite little street with a pub/shop very friendly host who couldn't do enough for us. The pub next door was quite lively for a little village and as a result we had a very enjoyable breakfast next norning with a couple of Irish men that were passing through.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2019

Staying at Caroline’s feels like staying at a friends house.

Staying at Caroline’s feels like staying at a friends house. She made us feel very welcome and had great tips for our trip to Galway. The room is really nice - very clean, quiet and the bed ist super comfortable. The breakfast is also great! Since the bar was closed for reconstruction we went to the other pub a couple houses down the street. There we had an amazing and very interesting evening with the locals who are all very welcoming and up for a chat. We'll definitely come back! 😊

• Reviewed: 19 July 2019

It was like coming to a friend's house.
    • Standard Twin Room

It was like coming to a friend's house. Caroline welcomed me heartily and after showing me the room we had a beer and a nice chat. By the way the room was clean, cosy and quiet. I slept so well. For breakfast she made wonderful scrambled eggs and everything you need was provided: cereals, fruits, coffee, even soy milk .... Her recommendations were so helpful. All in all a wonderful stay. (I wish I had stayed longer). You definitely should come here.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2019

Shame the bar is closing, but can't wait to try Carolines new Bistro and wine bar once it opens.

no en-suite bathroom. bar closed for renovations. Conversion to a new Bistro.

Comfortable clean room. Outstanding breakfast, great craic in the bar up the street.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2019

A lovely, homely guesthouse

I have just spent the best week ever in this wonderful guesthouse. Caroline welcomed me and I really feel like I have known her all my life. My room was spotlessly clean and my bed was so comfortable I struggled to get up every morning. The shower room was superb too with plenty of room in the cubicle. There is also a fully equipped kitchen and a bathroom to use upstairs. I didn't use the bath as I would have ended up staying in there for hours!! The breakfast room really gave me the family, country cottage feel. It was nice to look out and see a peacock wandering down the road too! The location of Gordon's is in the quaint little village of Tynagh and with a short 15 minute drive to Loughrea I was able to park my car for €3 for the day and get a bus into Galway city for just €13 return. I have nothing negative to say about Gordon's. The added bonus was having fusses with Jacksy the Yorkshire Terrier every day :) Thank you Caroline for my lovely stay, I can't wait to come back again very soon!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2019

Caroline is an amazing hostess- friendly, fun and relaxed.
    • Basic Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

It was in a beautiful location but we didn’t realise it was 45 minutes from Galway. Not really a problem as we had time, but could be for others.

Caroline is an amazing hostess- friendly, fun and relaxed. Nothing was too much trouble for her.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2019

Caroline is a wonderful host and helped us navigate our way...
    • Standard Twin Room

The accommodation is not in Galway City. When you search Galway City it comes up but is quite a drive from there in the country

Caroline is a wonderful host and helped us navigate our way there and even provided a free glass of wine and bowl of pasta on arrival!

• Reviewed: 7 July 2019

Breakfast was nice, bed was comfortable, Caroline friendly.
    • Standard Twin Room

The bar was under renovation & we weren't told this until we arrived , we were planning on eating in & had to drive a further 12klm there and back for a meal. The shower system wasn't explained clearly enough. Bathroom was extremely tight, not great value when compared to others in Ireland.

Breakfast was nice, bed was comfortable, Caroline friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2019

Lovely B&B

Wifi not the best upstairs. Caroline was renovating downstairs so a few issues with the plumbing but she kept us informed and all was sorted.

Caroline was the perfect host! Nothing too much trouble and helped us plan our day with her local knowledge. Breakfast lovely.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2019

A great place to stay, very good value

Location was perfect for where I needed to go. Room was very comfortable and the breakfast was fantastic. Caroline is a really lovely lady and it was a pleasure to meet her and stay here. Would definitely stay again if in the area. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2019

As Harley Davidson bikers, we received a very warm welcome.

As Harley Davidson bikers, we received a very warm welcome. The breakfast was excellent, the rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. The owner, Caroline was fantastic, very helpful and friendly. Meeting Jacks (the dog) was the icing on the cake.

• Reviewed: 28 May 2019

Visit Gordon’s, get a Guinness and relax!

Great WiFi, always a bonus... but the amazing breakfast and the ability to make a vegan breakfast in a short time; making sure that my dog was fed and watered. The lovely bed and the room, large enough for comfort, but small enough to be very cozy! The bar and atmosphere was awesome; welcomed by locals and staff alike! Caroline was just fantastic!

• Reviewed: 22 May 2019

Definitely stay for the breakfast. I can’t wait to go back.

Bathroom was a little cramped, but still, excellent facilities for €35.00

Very clean and comfortable bedroom. Great atmosphere in the bar. Caroline tirelessly runs a great guesthouse and bar while cooking an outstanding breakfast. Shout out to locals, PJ and Michael who were very welcoming.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2019

Loved the feel of the place - felt at home.
    • Standard Twin Room

Loved the feel of the place - felt at home. That was largely due to the incredible hospitality of Caroline, the owner. Do not have enough good words to say about her. In addition, the bed was very comfortable and breakfast was awesome! Although not a big drinker, I enjoyed hanging out at the pub and chatting to the locals. Not in Galway City but the area around the village is lovely - several nice castles around

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: 18 January 2019

Lovely warm welcome, very cosy bar with toasty fire lighting...
    • Standard Twin Room

Lovely warm welcome, very cosy bar with toasty fire lighting downstairs. A little gem of accommodation in the centre of Tynagh village! Thank you Caroline

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: 13 November 2018

Nice house. Great location. Right next to pub/restaurant. Handy drive to bigger towns/places to see
    • Standard Twin Room

Ensuite was a little on the tight side and a glass for rinsing mouth would have been nice.

Location was perfect as I was visiting someone in the area. Host is great. Lovely breakfast. Room was nice. very clean. Could do with a small table to leave things on. You can also bring your dog. Its a lovely house and I wish the owner well with it.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2018

Friendly, good value Irish pub.
    • Standard Twin Room

More space to hang clothes.

This is a small country pub and guest house. A lovely warm friendly, quiet traditional pub. The room was warm clean and comfortable. No frills basic accommodation but in my opinion great value for money. Food nice; typical "Pub grub'. Recommended.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

True Irish country experience filled with warm generosity

Nothing, and I mean it. Only the thing I dissatisfied was my language skill which was not good enough to express my heartfelt thanks to the village and the people.

Though it was a solo visit, I did not, no, I could not feel any loneliness. The local people gathered in the bar kindly welcomed my visit, and I could share the hearteasing yet joyful time together. The food quality against the price, the cosy room, the degree of service, everything were utterly beyond my expectation too.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Night Away

Very rural and traditional pub with rooms located in a quiet village location just over three quarters of an hours drive from Galway city. Caroline, my host, was amazing, very friendly, full of energy, had loads of local knowledge and nothing was too much trouble for her. Even cooking food for me at half past nine in the evening after I had arrived late! The locals in the pub treated me as though I were a long lost relative and I was included in just about every conversation. The laughter was infectious and I would love to meet some of those regulars again The breakfast was plentiful and my cooked option was cooked to order. The bedroom was a little basic but tastefully renovated and spotlessly clean with an exceptionally comfortable bed. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Basic room right next to the village pub, which have the...
    • Standard Twin Room

Basic room right next to the village pub, which have the same owner. Host was wonderful and very helpfull. Had a great time at the pub at night talking with the friendly locals. Food is also served at the pub and is fantastic (and very cheap).

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Great short holiday stay

The only thing we didn't like is that we couldn't stay another night.

Our host Caroline was lovely and has taken great compassion into renovating this property. The room was fresh, clean and had a nice comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Excellent, friendly atmosphere. Comfortable and private. Very good value for money.

Nothing. I just wanted a comfortable base for visiting old friends and family and this was perfect.

Warm, friendly owner. Easy atmosphere. Respectful of privacy. Invited to ask for anything extra. Could come and go as I pleased. Coffee and tea available at all times.

Perfect place to stay with your dog, Caroline was so nice...

It was all perfect!

Perfect place to stay with your dog, Caroline was so nice and my dog Sally loved her. We would come back again! Very clean, fresh renovated and the best breakfast I had in Ireland! Also the pub is very lovely and it was great to meet the people there.

Authentic gem with a lovely fresh interior
    • Standard Twin Room

This is a little gem of a place in Galway. The staff made me feel really welcome and couldnt do enough for me, (especially when it came to feeding me after long days at work). Freshly cooked breakfast served at whatever time suited my plans for work each day. The locals and atmosphere in the bar dowstairs were fantastic, the craic and songs were flying. Highly reccomend a stay here to recharge the soul.

Recommended!

Excellent place, newly refurbished rooms which are modern and comfortable. Host is very welcoming and friendly. Food is available in the bar in the evenings. Breakfast is excellent too. Little bit far out from Galway, but that makes for a quiet and relaxing stay!

5 stars Treatment a big thanks

Nothing everything was 100% prrfect

There was nothing i didn't like Gordon's bar & guesthouse was perfect owner staff everything brilliant a big thank You.

This pub has everything that a small town pub should have.
    • Standard Twin Room

This pub has everything that a small town pub should have. The atmosphere was electric with the locals keeping us laughing all night. Caroline the publican was amazing helping me plan out my next few days of travel. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. Over all a great experience.

Caroline, the owner, was exceptionally helpful and her...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Caroline, the owner, was exceptionally helpful and her friendliness made my stay very enjoyable. I would thoroughly recommend the B&B and the bar served an excellent pint with great locals. Thanks Caroline

• Reviewed: 8 September 2019

Absolutely loved it all.
    • Standard Twin Room

There was nothing to dislike

Absolutely loved it all. Perfect hosting!

Stayed in August 2019

• Reviewed: 2 September 2019

Lovely landlady, gave us a very warm Irish welcome.
    • Basic Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Lovely landlady, gave us a very warm Irish welcome. Enjoyed the black & white pudding 😋

Stayed in September 2019

• Reviewed: 20 July 2019

Best bacon and egg breakfast in Galway !
    • Standard Twin Room

Best bacon and egg breakfast in Galway

• Reviewed: 9 July 2019

Value for Money, Friendly

bit far

very good

• Reviewed: 1 July 2019

Gordon’s Guesthouse

It was in a gorgeous location, very clean. Host was very accommodating. Can’t fault any part of it.

• Reviewed: 18 June 2019

Caroline was such a lovely young lady who made sure we felt...
    • Standard Twin Room

Caroline was such a lovely young lady who made sure we felt very welcome and went out of her way to make sure our stay was great.

• Reviewed: 28 May 2019

Great Hostess who went above and beyond.
    • Standard Twin Room

Great Hostess who went above and beyond. Irish hospitality to the max.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2019

Super place to stay.

Missed a bit of TV in the room

Clean,tidy, comfy bed, bar down stairs,great breakfast and super price.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2019

Very nice breakfast :)

Very nice breakfast :)

• Reviewed: 23 April 2019

Very good breakfast and the owner is very pleasant and give...

Very good breakfast and the owner is very pleasant and give us a very good recommandations Very good place to visit Burren

• Reviewed: 14 April 2019

Excellent host .

Excellent host . The room was great. I'll be back .thanks

• Reviewed: 8 April 2019

Very cozy place

Quite a drive from Galway.

Nice breakfast. Very homely. Helpful owner. Nice village.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2019

Lovely host, great breakfast anything you'd like.
    • Standard Twin Room

Lovely host, great breakfast anything you'd like. Rooms were cosy and the bed was super comfortable. Will definitely be back! 😊

• Reviewed: 27 November 2018

Caroline is a real treat looking afterall your needs.

Caroline is a real treat looking afterall your needs.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Great staff great people

Stunning

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Gordon's Guesthouse, Tynagh
    • Basic Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Really enjoyed our stay here. The owner was extremely hospitable and kind. Its a very quiet area and very peaceful which was what we wanted.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Breakfast.

The weather

Breakfast. Ride horse by Flowerhill Very good for Cross Country horseriders Possibility for dinner (extra) was good.

Excelent
    • Basic Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

A bit farther than expected but totally worth it.

Its a really comfortable place. Definitely made our trip.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Amazing hospitality

We loved it all

Everything about this little country pub/b&b

Great atmosphere enjoyable

Friendly hostenjoyable

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Great hospitality superb cleanliness fantastic breakfast!
    • Standard Twin Room

Great hospitality superb cleanliness fantastic breakfast!!

Everything.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything. From our warm welcome to the comfy bed. It's a beautiful wee spot!!

There are also 11 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Showing 1 – 51

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!