Reviews of Hilton Dublin 4 stars

Charlemont Place, D2 Dublin, Ireland

#55 of 136 hotels in Dublin

• King Hilton Guest Room

There was an ironing board but no iron in the room, I asked for an iron off the room staff and was just told "supervisor"

The bed was fantastic comfy and ideal location as the luas stops right outside

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Upon booking I was told we would receive would be a birthday platter sent to our room with a card etc and this did not happen.

I brought my fiancee here for her 30th Birthday. The staff at the desk were extra curtious towards us and upgraded our room free of charge. The room was fantastic.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The location of the hotel is such that you really need to take public transportation to attractions and city center. While there are some pubs and bars within walking distance, the selection is limited. Unless you are a Hilton Honors member, you must pay for internet and the breakfast was good but very expensive. While the rooms were spacious and comfortable, everything was a little worn.

The room was large, there is a fitness center and a good breakfast, although very expensive. The desk staff was friendly and helpful.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

We both were celebrating two special birthdays . My partner was 60 and myself 50 in the last month and I did mention this when booking , that was the purpose of our visit . I did hope there may be a little something for us in our room ie a courtesy bottle of wine / chocolates ??!! But there was nothing , not even a bottle of water .. the fridge was empty . I think that that was quite mean . I even emailed the hotel the weekend before we travelled but didn’t even get a reply !!

The staff were very helpful for helping us get about by giving us maps and slso printing off our tickets for traveling home . Prasilla was lovely.

Wish I had more time

That's my 3rd year in a row that iv been with my partner for her bday & we love it . Location, your bar & food , the people love everything about it . I'd like to thank Yous all for a lovely time year on year out

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Very disappointing stay. Some staff were friendly. Some not so friendly and even rude. Room had not been cleaned properly and was disgusting. Very off putting. Duty manager was nice to deal with and tried to make things right. However, still a very disappointing stay. Would be very hard pushed to stay here again.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The Garage is a bit expensive, but I guess it is a rather normal Price in a town like Dublin, a bit far from the City centre, but still within Walking distance.

Very nice, friendly and helpful staff, nice view to the canal, free Cookies, cupcakes and cool refreshments at the reception, very good breakfast buffet.

• Hilton Deluxe Double Room

It was a little pricey, but that's normal for Dublin.

Great hotel, the room was large, clean and modern with a nice bed and great bathroom. All staff were very friendly and helpful and the buffet breakfast was good - even the coffee from the machines was very nice! Location is also good, by the canal and a short walk to St Stephen's Green and the city centre.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

the standard of the food in the bistro on the evening we decided to eat in the hotel was not great we had to return one of the meals however the staff were fantastic and arrange a full refund with complimentary drinks. It certainly did not spoil our stay

fantastic location, great size of room very comfy, staff were fantastic professional and very polite at all times. Fantastic time celebrating my girlfriends 18th Birthday

• Double Hilton Guestroom

My room, had to pay for WiFi yet I paid £141 for a room I used for less then 8 hour

Two of my lights where broken, couldn’t get to sleep because of the noise

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Outside the room was a generator or something that buzzed continuously from 8am or so. Not ideal especially when paying so much!

The staff was friendly and helped me get a later check-out and the room was on the whole very good.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Put an unexpected unexplained stop on my credit card which still hasn't been lifted after several phone calls to the hotel and my bank.. Completely uncalled for and very annoying

See above

I was at a ball in the hotel the meal was OK but I don't have soup and there was no alternative offered. The bed was not comfortable and there was a lot of road noise in the room like a window open. It was first time staying in a Hilton Hotel but would not stay again

• Double Hilton Guestroom

definately not up to 4 star standard of a hilton hotel. way overpriced for what it is. we attended a function. the nicest part of the meal was the dessert!

stff were very friendly and pleasant.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Room and bed were very small. Dust on skirting was quite bad. Slow Check in. Very limited menu when we decided to dine. So we left and ate at the nearby barge pub.

Location only.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The general areas are looking a bit dowdy as are the carpets; my wife ordered a seafood chowder that had very little fish in it and mostly consisted of vegetables

The location; the excellent breakfast; friendly staff

• Double Hilton Guestroom

I booked a free-cancellation room and I had nothing to pay before the arrival, and despite the fact that I made the payment with a different card, they charged part of the invoice in the one used for the booking having told them more than twice the had not. When we arrived they charged a deposite for the whole amount on the new card plus the deposite already took from the one used to book the hotel, which is such a prove of mistrust on the clients coming from a hotel of its kind. Hardly recommend to everyone not going to this hotel. Furthermore, to go to the airport they recommended to take the m-50 grabbing a cab they work with, but thank God they were all busy and had to called another company whose driver nearly got mad when I told him to take m-50 following the advice of the guy from the reception. Literally, the driver’s word were: “that guy is a rip off “ I’m rather disappointed with their manners.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Near a very noisy and busy road - traffic all night - best to ask for a room facing the back (if this will help).

Good location. Near tram stop into town.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Breakfast is over priced and menu in the bar and bistro was limited and pricey.

Room was good clean and spacious. Staff were helpful and location next to the tram stop was great.

• Hilton Deluxe Double Room

WiFi was pathetic. Luckily this was a leisure visit and not business. I had to go to ground floor to get decent connection.

Fresh Coffee and pastries on each floor

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Very high price for one night and not so much as a bottle of water in the room. Bad lighting for trying to do hair and make up.

Lovely modern hotel. Clean and well presented rooms. Staff friendly.

No complaints!

Spacious and stylish room, very quiet and well equipped. Great shower and comfortable bed. The staff was extremely friendly. Good location, right next to tram station and only a 20 minute walk to the centre. 10 minutes walk from airport shuttle stop. Would definitely recommend!

• Double Hilton Guestroom

On arrival we were “apparently” upgraded, Our room was directly under the luas line and the room was only ok for the price we paid..Ive stayed in hotels before cheaper with better rooms..wouldn’t have lik to have seen our room before we got upgraded if that was the better room..

Breakfast was lovely and location was great

• Double Hilton Guestroom

A guy at reception named James over charged me over 100 euro. When I realized and went back to him instead of apologizing to me and changing it he continued to tell me the rate per night was more and not listening to me as I showed him the rate I paid on my phone. He kept insisting I was to pay it but I had my receipt on me. I asked for an upgrade too and he said I would get coffee and cakes free on the 3rd floor with a lovely bright big room, but instead gave me a room on the 1st floor which was dull, dark and small. There was nothing on that floor. We then had to move our bags into room 319 which wasn’t much better. I was tired from traveling so just left it. I felt i was given lies, attitude, and not once did he apologize for his mistake. We ordered food the following night for room service and our food was all squashed in a bowl quarter filled up with 2x slices of plain bread thrown next to it. Was so annoyed as we were told we would get garlic bread with it. It was the worst meal I have ever had for room service and me and my partner have been very ill since we ate it. It was like we were given scraps leftover because the kitchen ran out of food? I will never know but that food didn’t taste right. Overall very disappointing service and would class as a 3 star not a 4 star.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Nothing that was in the control of the staff location was a little far out and the weather was dreary but neither staffs fault.

Professional staff and great service

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Breakfast was excellent. Loads of choice and all very tasty. Drinks machine was excellent, a variety of hot drinks to start the day. All the staff friendly and always smiling which is nice. Staff in the bar very knowledgeable about the drinks menu. Explained about the different types of beers and recommending cocktails. The hotel was spotless. All areas really clean and tidy. Rooms really clean as well. Nice location out the way of the noise but next to the tram station so travelling was not an issue.

• King Hilton Guest Room

Very comfortable bed.... nice simplistic clean design. Kept very well. Wonderful staff. Easy check in and out.... quick and efficient. Will be returning for sure :)

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The receptionist who Check us in on our first day, he is not helpful and not accommodating in our needs and the food that was serve in my event, my requirements was not met inspite of discussing the details of the food to be serve on my event, it's annoying and I'm very disappointed. the facilities is quite ok, but the toilet near the reception area is dirty not well maintained. I informed one of the cleaner prior to my event but when I come back the toilet is still dirty. Though i n shoul commend few staff who supported me is quite really good , thanks to Barri and Danni who makes me smile and to Nelly in the waiting staff in the breakfast was quite good and helpful to make my day plesantly good. I recommend that lady to serve in the breakfast her smile is a delight Or in the reception area is better. She will b a delight in there to welcome guest. Coz few of the staff in reception area does not smile at all. Rooms are quite ok but very expensive and not good value at all. Toilets and bath tubs are not clean it's not been scrub. Bed is just ok.

Close to city centre and accessible because of luas line

• King Hilton Guest Room

There were no negatives to our stay! Also the staff were so friendly and helpful!

The room was spotlessly clean, really quiet, and modern. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was amazing. The Wi-Fi was free and worked perfectly. Myself and my partner really anjoyed our stay and we would definitely come again!

• Hilton Deluxe Double Room

We had an unfortunate issue with a neighbouring guest who shouted and screamed all night on both nights of our stay. We complained and the staff informed them of the complaint but they carried on.

A really nice setting, nicely decorated and a nice bar / restaurant area. The room was excellent and the bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was also excellent.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

We were greeted by the most enthusiastic manager upon check in who set the tone and kicked off a fabulous night's stay for us. The room had everything we needed with complimentary Nespresso coffee and tea on our floor - what more could you want! The luas to take you to the centre is literally opposite the hotel and we found it very handy rather than paying for expensive taxis around town. Would recommend to anyone.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Slightly out of the centre of the city, but was close to Camden street which was great for bars and nightlclubs. The Lucas also stopped outside the hotel - however it does take just as long to walk in. Walking in let you see more of the city.

When we arrived got immediately upgraded to a bigger room which was great. The Hilton staff were very attentive and happy to help, and even let us check in early as we arrived sooner than we thought. Easy to find and close to Lucas stop. Bar downstairs made great mojitos!

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The bed is FIRM like a sidewalk! It's a dangerous steep step out of the bathtub, so be cautious! We had a very short stay, but usually for $300 US or $189 euro, you at least get a bottle of water in the room.

It is located right near the Luas, the train/tram that takes you all over the city. It is quiet, so we didn't hear it while we were sleeping and it doesn't run after 12:30am. It was a clean hotel.

€15 for carpark. I had assumed it was free parking. 😢

Breakfast was top notch. Also in a number of places throughout the hotel fruit, water and treats were available free of charge. great touch.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

I was attending a concert at the 3 ARENA and the information provided when booking suggested that it was only a short distance from the hotel this i feel was inaccurate i spent €35 on taxis getting to and from the concert ?

Staff were extemely helpful facilities were good. I only stayed one night and really only slept in the hotel and so it is difficult for me to give a full review

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

I’m my opinion, the room and bathroom weren't as they normally are by Hilton hotels. Besides, they wanted to charge me more as what in booking.com. In the end all was clarified (I payed what was agreed in booking.com)

Staff friendly. Good restaurant.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

We were contacted before our stay to offer us a room upgrade as there was a late night function near our original room - which seemed like a nice touch. Although the upgraded room did seem very much like a standard room, and there was building work with banging & drilling from 8am on both mornings of our stay - sadly ruined a nice relaxing sleep-in. This was the only flaw however.

The staff were very friendly & helpful. Breakfast was great & so was the food in the restaurant. I also liked the constant supply of pastries & drinks available around the hotel. There is a lovely canal just outside the front door which is great for walks. We stayed for 2 nights and the rooms were well made-up & re-stocked each day. Hotel were very helpful in arranging taxis & helping out when one of our party had forgotten to collect his passport! The hotel is quite central & was a 15 min taxi ride to the central bars & pubs

• King Hilton Guest Room

We had a room above the bar on the first floor so my husband was woken up by scraping chairs at about 1 o'clock in the morning.

Comfortable room and great breakfast - I especially liked the white pudding and soda bread. The cocktails from the bar were yummy and having snacks out in the foyer was a nice touch.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Thought the breakfast a bit overpriced even for Dublin. Did not have it on either morning so can't really comment about quality of same.

The croissants were indeed very nice and a very nice touch to have them freely available outside the elevator. Also the donuts and iced water similarly available outside the elevator.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

I have stayed there previously and it ticks all the boxes for a night in the city. Private, yet room service is at hand; very pleasant walk in to the centre of Dublin; parking facilities underneath hotel. Can't recommend it enough!

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Not much, there was a great selection for the buffet breakfast, both continental and cooked, I could not locate any preserves to have with my toast, which was a very minor issue.

The location, right next to a tram stop, was ideal for getting into the centre, and to Leopardstown which was the reason we travelled. The staff were attentive, friendly, and helpful, the room was spotless and comfy. Whilst it had a perfectly adequate bar, there is a lively hostelry alongside the canal 100 yds away.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Breakfast should be included as standard

The staff were really friendly. The room was really nice, clean and comfortable. We were chosen as guest of the day so we got a complimentary drink and free breakfast. The breakfast was amazing! Location is great, about a 15 minute walk from Grafton Street.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

We arrived Saturday and decided to try and have a sleep before going out that evening. However this was impossible due to the building work going on outside. We received a telephone call to the room asking how the room was and I explained about the noise. They offered another room but explained that this would have the same view and probably would result with the same noise. The second night of my stay I came back to the hotel and again I couldn’t get to sleep due to the music downstairs in the hotel.

Ok clean room. However this could do with an update.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

On arrival we were told by Simon an early room was not ready and he offered us an upgrade for £30 a night???! We refused. We have had free upgrades in London Besides I don't believe there was no room. We never saw anyone else on our landing the whole stay. We had to ask for a blanket as the room was cold. Our packed breakfast on Monday morning was inadequate. Who eats three buns for breakfast? No croissants?

Comfy bed View of canal

• Double Hilton Guestroom

I'd expect a lot more from Hilton. The room was small and cold. The windows leaked cold from outside. We had trouble making the air conditioning work. The bed was tiny. Other guests were very loud, there was a party downstairs and the sound leaked to the room quite loudly from the outside.

Good enough breakfast although it had to be paid for separately (if you have time cafés in the centre will be better value). There is a tram stop right next to the hotel.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

The rooms were not up to standard in terms of cleanliness. The bathroom in our room had stains on the floor near the toilet and had an extremely strong smell of bleach that took over not just the bathroom but also our room. The bed sheets had stains, as did one of the chairs in the room. TV unit in the room was extremely grubby with dents and marks all over it.

Free Wi-Fi

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The price of the breakfast was a bit steep. The parking at the hotel was also expensive 15 I thought it could have been a bit cheaper especially since we do not live in Dublin so needed the car. We did have something small to eat in the pub in the hotel and we thought it was also very pricey. There wasn’t much of a selection and I only wanted a snack like a sandwich but there wasn’t any on the menu. So I was dissapointed with that.

It’s a lovely hotel the staff were lovely and friendly and very efficient. I had a problem using the lift I didn’t realize we needed to use the key card for it to work which I thought was very good for security that guests were only able to use the lift. The breakfast the next morning was lovely and we had plenty of options of what we could have.. the staff inside were also lovely..

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

I was on the first floor and found the room very noisy. Even though I had been advised there might be some noise the noise continued until 4am and I was very disappointed with this as I have stayed in this hotel on 3 other occasions. It would make me think twice of booking again.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The bed was too firm with high point in the center. The pillows were feather and I do not like feather pillows. I did not have housekeeping clean the room daily since I slept in most mornings, but when they did they did not replenish all coffee items and left the original lids (dirty after putting spoon for cream in them) for the cups. Did not put out clean spoons, instead used the same ones each time without washing them. Even with the window open, the room was still a bit warm.

The staff was phenomenal, especially at checkin with Zsolt Miholecz. He helped me with early checkin since I arrived at the hotel early. The location to the City Centre was great. They have the Luas (Tram) was across the street and was easy to utilize.

• Hilton Deluxe Double Room

Entertainment at the hotel itself on 1st January New Years night would have been pleasant...

Exceptional hotel experience, from the staff service, especially the welcome, to the quality food especially the breakfast and the Seafood chowder, to the deluxe floor room and its Nespresso machine to the canal view room birthday upgrade to the comfortable bed, our 2 night stay over the New Year was simply outstanding... very highly recommended!

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The staff exceeded my expectations. I had a problem with the heating in my room and when I reported the problem, the staff was very promptly with solving it. They solved the problem by offering a new room, but before that the heating was verified in front me. Very nice handling of the problem!

• Double Hilton Guestroom

For a 5 star hotel I did expect not to have to pay for the car park but having said that is was not too expensive for where it is located.

Location, very modern and spacious

• Hilton Deluxe Double Room

The weather. However, the staff have reliably informed me that they will try and do something about it for our next visit. Hence, enforcing their company moto: ‘The impossible we do straight away, but miracles take a little longer.

Ease of checking in, thanks to Simon. Also, the deluxe floor on which we stayed gave the option of free nespresso coffee in the deluxe rooms lobby and a selection of French pastries in the morning, plus, donuts in the evening. Fresh fruit and water (with slithers of fresh fruit nestled in it), for the more health conscious.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The room was small, carpet was filthy, tiles broken in the bathroom, paint peeling off the walls, shower was old and small. You just didn't get any wow factor at all from the room - was functional and did exactly what it said on the tin but very standard. A charge of €10 for room service was absurd. Trinity ball was on that night but wasn't informed of this until I had paid at reception and my room was directly over the courtyard. Reception staff were not unfriendly but not overly helpful either.

The bed was comfy and location was great.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Staff very helpful. The door cupboard in my room was faulty and housekeeping attended to it straight away. I always use the Hilton when visiting Dublin and will again next time.

• Hilton Deluxe Double Room

Bed was very comfy, all the complimentary treats made us very welcome such as the mince pies and fruit on our floor, and the lily o briens chocolates and bottled water in our rooms.

• Hilton Deluxe King Room

The level of noise was ridiculous. Stayed on the 'deluxe floor'. There was nothing deluxe about this, I could hear a gentleman in the next room throwing up from 5am and the door on the landing banging through the night. I was told upon check in that there was a party happening and it would be going on until 02:30. It sure did go on and the noise from this was diabolical. I would not recommend this hotel on the basis of cost vs comfort!

• King Hilton Guest Room

I actually made a booking at the wrong Hilton. During the booking process it didn't occur to me that there were several Hilton hotels in Dublin. The name does not differentiate enough in my opinion.

The bed was very comfortable and the room clean.

• King Hilton Guest Room

Very noisy doors worst I have ever encountered earplugs were needed and Saturday night thumping music until 01.00am that all rooms could hear but luckily we were celebrating a special occasion so was not overly bothered

Very good location and modern with amazing staff especially Cristina and Simon who went above and beyond to ensure our stay was special and memorable

• Double Hilton Guestroom

We enjoyed our stay. Reception requested early check in payment of €19 for check in before 11am , it was 10.35am & the fee was removed. Good customer service.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Staff were so friendly and helpful. Check-in was offered early as a room was available. Staff arranged a taxi for my trip to the airport at a very reasonable flat rate price with a local taxi company. Room was clean and bed extremely comfortable. Good shower and bathroom facilities. Good location - around 10 minute walk to Grafton Street/Temple Bar area.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Dirty stained sheet and quilt cover room had damage to wall no water in room it was an extra bed positioned wrong TV to the right from bed bathroom extractor not working bits under bed

The continental breakfast was good

• Hilton Deluxe Double Room

Lovely big executive room with all the little extras that you'd expect, dressing robe, slippers, chocolates by the bed! On the executive level, on exiting the lifts, there was a table with fresh lemon/lime drink, fresh fruit and lovely baked goodies, brilliant when your on your way back to your room and you just need a cookie to go with that long awaited cup of tea! Could not fault this hotel and it's staff at all.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The price, breakfast wasnt included, it was an extra €27 for two. Also parking was €15 for the night

Location is great, walking distance to lots of points of Interest

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Everything spot on. Only comment shared also by the rest of the party (10 of us) Only 2 traditional t bags for a 2 night stay... not replenished ... ok if you liked coffee !!

• King Hilton Guest Room

Everything was perfect about our stay have no complaints at all

The place was really nice the staff was really nice, the rooms were really big and clean the bed was one the biggest I've seen and was comfortable, me and the girlfriend will be back to stay again as we enjoyed it and its easy to get to with the luas. And the reception staff was really helpful giving us a late check out it was much appreciated thank u for the good night

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Vastly overpriced for the quality provided, more like a Travelodge than a Hilton - Outdated rooms, cracked tiles, stained carpets, marked walls, no soundproofing : Both nights I hardly slept due to noise from neighbouring rooms and also backs onto a building site which starts at 8am !

Nothing - Really not impressed

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Very quiet even though its close to the Luas. Didn’t hear any neighbouring rooms either. Very handy walk into the city centre too. Staff couldn’t have been more helpful either.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

Room was very small and standard for the price we paid and it was freezing cold!!! breakfast was terrible we ordered room service and when it came the toast was freezing and soggy...we asked for a full Irish breakfast with some melon oj tea etc and all we got was a hard egg and some bacon..the rest of the food was brought back up to us but by this stage everything else was freezing....wouldn't stay here again complete rip off.And don't even get me started on the noise at 8 o'clock in the morning banging and drilling there was literally a building site right outside our window the noise of it would drive you insane.joke!

• King Hilton Guest Room

There wasn't a single dislike I had about staying at the hotel.

The beds were extremely comfortable, the rooms were beautiful, the staff were very friendly and welcoming.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

More toiletries in bathroom would be nice. Additional towels and pillows would also be nice. The lead on the kettle is just too short. Not suitable for older guests having to bend down if they want a cup of tea. Also the UHT milk is terrible and nice touch would be the fresh milk for tea. Tea/coffee are such important drinks for guests when they arrive to a hotel at least try to provide a nice milk. I didn't like the fact that parking was an additional cost it wasn't complementary and I wasn't informed of this when I was booking. Turning right on departure is very dangerous, it's every man or woman for themselves, no traffic light to assist. Notify guests of rooms facing the tram/Luas line as so loud. Room very hot so had to open window and the noise was horrific. Make ordering a fan available at the time of booking.

I loved the location, the friendliness of the staff.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

The hotel rooms are a little dated and in need of some TLC. Avoid room service as we had the worst quality meal, we've ever had at a Hilton - far below standard and definitely not good value for money - most of it went uneaten!

Rooms are comfortable and staff at the reception were very friendly - the reception and bar are very well maintained and comfortable, I'd recommend a pint of Carlsberg in the bar - really smooth to drink and brewed locally in Dublin! Free fast WIFI in public areas and if a Hilton honours member - you get it free across the hotel :)

Nothing really.

I have stayed @Hilton Dublin previously and so my return was from a good experience. I had a complimentary breakfast as was my birthday was an offer given to me when checking in a not included in deal, however, i would have taken as always and especially here as is exceptional.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Requested a twin room and confirmed the request at reception when booking in. Was at an event so was not back until late and the hotel had not separated the beds.

Selection of nespresso, tea, water, cookies and croissants offered on the deluxe floor. Lovely presentation and really appreciated. Room was a good size, comfortable and clean.

• Double Hilton Guestroom

The price. I've never considered this property before on account of the rates, but on this occasion it was the only hotel which was feasible when I made the booking. In spite of it's many good points, it's still only a good 4 star hotel beyond the city centre. Under no circumstances is it really worth €260 per night. For some reason, on this occasion, much poorer quality hotels were charging similar or higher prices.

Very friendly, agreeable staff. Courteous welcome at check-in and at breakfast. Nice location, right next to the Luas (tram) station, and overlooking the tree-lined canal. Staff were also very patient with me correcting a minor booking error which was entirely my fault.