Reviews of Holyrood Hotel - Leisure Centre & Escape Spa 3 stars

#8 of 10 hotels in Bundoran

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Cheap but not cheerful.
    • Single or Double Room

Dismal outdated decor throughout, especially reception area. Heavy, dark wallpaper in bedrooms quite depressing. Apparently no major improvements for decades; Hotel needs modernising. No heating in the bathroom. Derelict site next door to hotel. Our initial room had noisy air-conditioning plant outside the window.

Helpful staff who promptly let us change our room when we asked. Good food in the Bistro, especially the battered cod and chips.

Room was good value for money but food and drink prices didnt add up to quality.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bed was uncomfortable and hard. From the gap under the door you could hear everyone in the hallways very clearly and loud. The food from the restaurant was barely warm and small portion of steak on steak sandwich. Breakfast staff taking orders were rushed and never listened properly to what you asked for. Orders were wrong both mornings. Getting charged 50cent for diluted juice for kids that are free in other bars.

The location was perfect. The atmosphere in the the hotel was nice and relaxed.

The hotel was situated in a good place.
    • Single or Double Room

Location of my room and fire alarm in my room going off in morning for no reason. The toilets downstairs weren't to clean

The hotel was situated in a good place. Food was Gr8 and value for money. The staff were friendly

Hotel very clean,food was excellent,pool and spa amazing...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Couldn't take my two 8 year olds two the bar after nine, the entertainment in foyer was for younger kids.beside that,entertainment for the younger kids was excellent.

Hotel very clean,food was excellent,pool and spa amazing,staff very Friendly.

VERY WELL RECIEVED FROM CHECKING IN TO LEAVING WOULD STAY AGAIN
    • Single or Double Room

THE ROOM WAS CLEAN AND THE BED WAS COMFORTABLE WE REALLY LIKED THE BAR AREA THAT HAD NO CHILDREN ALLOWED AFTER 9 PM PLEASE KEEP THAT RULE IN PLACE ALSO THE STAFF WERE VERY EFFICENT AND FRIENDLY

Excellent!!!
    • Family Room

I honestly cannot fault this hotel

This hotel was perfect in every way & close to the beach, the kids club was Fantastic, my 3 children had a wonderful time

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Enjoyed our stay.. was relaxing..

Breakfast could have been tastier.. was bland.. ques into the dining room in morning was terrible.. Needs bigger dinning area.. Bar staff at night were not friendly..

Room had a view and was clean.. staff were friendly.. in dining area housekeeping and front desk..

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Lovely hotel and leisure centre .hidden treasure in bundoran
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Noisy family next door..but reception addressed the problem very well. Maybe use the bar for the breakfast service also as the line for breakfast was quite long .but a sign of a very busy hotel.

Lovely rooms and leisure center. Lovely lady on reception very welcoming and helpful. Restaurant staff excellent .Dinner in grill bar was of very high standard. The girls loved the swimming pool . Looking at you Autumn offers for return visit. WELL DONE HOLYROOD .

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Kids club runs all day and includes a swimming session...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

First room given had a double bed and just a Sofa bed for my daughter. This was changed without hassle to a better, newly refurbished room. Thanks for that. Bed uncomfortable. Hotel overall quite unclean. Pool water didn’t look great. Ordered a cocktail in the bar, didn’t have the right drinks stocked so they made a deal of who will go upstairs for it - so I cut in and said I’d order something else !!!!! House keeping entered the room at 10am and when told we would be in the room till 12 she entered again at 11.30. Weren’t asked how our stay was on checkout so didn’t bother voicing issues. Will be back to Bundoran again, excellent trip for kids .... not to this hotel though.

Kids club runs all day and includes a swimming session parents don’t have to attend. Eoin in kids club was a really nice lad and gave an excellent explanation for activities. Ideal Location for Bundoran Adventure Park. Didn’t eat here after reading reviews from other guests.

Location and secure parking

There was very poor lighting in the room , no ceiling lights at all... trying to put make up on with a bedroom lamp is not good enough. The bed was so uncomfortable I hardly slept at all. Room was too warm cudnt turn radiator off as the handle was broke.

Location and secure parking

Could have been a lot better

The breakfast

To pay 140 euros for a room I would have expected at least a bottle of water in the room.Breakfast was disappointing . Ordered pancakes with maple syrup and bacon. Only the bacon was eatable. Pancakes were cold and stale. Not freshly made. Must say I was disappointed as I had stayed there before a couple of years ago and had a pleasant experience. A few small touches would have made all the difference.

Nice central area, nice bar and food overlooking ocean.
    • Single or Double Room

Our bedroom was the size of a cupboard and we couldn't both enter the room at the same time as the door opened straight onto the bed. There was a smell of drains in our bathroom and throughout the swimming area etc. There was a smell of stale carpets throughout hotel which would need deep cleaned or replaced. There were several stains on our bedroom carpet.... Could these not be cleaned?

Nice central area, nice bar and food overlooking ocean. OK breakfast.

Fair
    • Single or Double Room

Queing for breakfast everymorning ....also i know its a family hotel ...bt using t lobby for t kids entertainment was not good ...if we wanted to relax in t lobby in t evening we couldn't

Loved t view frm my room

The massage saved me lol but I wouldn't come here again
    • Single or Double Room

Apart from the receptionist staff who were brilliant to my friend and l the rest of the staff were non helpful! Most of the time especially the young staff were simply rude and we got ignored by passing staff when we tried to get their attention to simply order food which wasn't cheap or very nice either! Also if your looking for a quiet place to stay this isn't the hotel you can hear everything from the corridors of passing people at all times of day & night, I even heard them from inside the bathroom to!

The best two things l liked was the receptionsists at front of house. I had a massage with one of the girls she was brilliant unfortunately I have forgotten her name but she is in her 20s and is blonde. I told her I had epilepsy b4 we started incase anything were to happen and she was very professional and good about it, the massage was lovely and we had a really nice chat during the massage aswell. Thank you

Senior staff good especially in the bar
    • Single or Double Room

Staff were not assigned to specific areas very all over the place not organised.food very mediocre not value for money.

Senior staff good especially in the bar

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Would not recommend during summer weeks if you want a quite break
    • Single or Double Room

The noise of all the children in the foyer and running up and down the corridors, I was with my 89 year old mother and it was just to noisy for her,,

Breakfast in the room was very nice

Expensive Accommodation but had a pleasant 1 night stay in a refurbished room, good breakfast.
    • Single or Double Room

It's very expensive for accommodation if you were to bring your family. Prices need to be reduced to suit the period of the hotel, rooms are small etc. All family offers exclude Sats which is obviously not an offer, price increases substantially if you want to include a Sat in your stay! We just don't stay!

We were in a refurbished room. Bed was comfy and Breakfast was good. Staff were friendly.

Room was good, no view but it had a comfy bed and was large...
    • Single or Double Room

Kids!..everywhere,..running around like noisy chickens.. not the hotels fault and I get that, it is child friendly after all ....really its the parents who allow their kids treat the place like a playground and creche without a thought for anyone else! ...what was the hotels fault however was not enforcing the policy as per the notice on the entrance doors to the bar area.."Children must leave the bar area at 9pm!" If this was enforced it would help give a break away from the noisy kids..sure some parents even might appreciate that!

Room was good, no view but it had a comfy bed and was large and spacious

Couldn’t fault anything except the breakfast was...
    • Single or Double Room

Couldn’t fault anything except the breakfast was disappointing. Had to ask for tomatoes, didn’t do mushrooms and had no beans. Breakfast was effectively 2 sausages, 2 bacon and an egg. Asked for a jug of water too which never came. Very poor in comparison to most hotels breakfasts where carvery is in situ. If this wouldn’t put you off then def stay here, everything else was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room decor and cushions -could do with revamp,

Location Hotel was very child friendly, nice evening show where kiddies were encouraged to sing or tell jokes

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

• Single or Double Room

The walls are very thin so it was noisy at night therefore it was hard to sleep. The rooms are very small and the pool water was murky.

Great location. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Very enjoyable. Met loads of other families fab, can't wait to go back!!!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Nothing just wished we had s longer stay,

Location cater so well for children, loads of activities, staff lovely nothing too much for them, watetworld brilliant, walks fab stunning views, beaches lovely amusements great, food lovely in hotel and in steakhouse restaurant, people do friendly, and the boss himself (Sean) lovely man, might see you on Connemara!!! Maggie

Very pleasent
    • Single or Double Room

The room we were in 333 was beside another room that says staff only, only when the staff went in they were so loud. At 4 am in the middle of the night they were dropping things and it sounded like there were no carpets on the floor.

The staff are very friendly, the room was very nice and up to date.

Pretty basic, poor facilitiesbut good location &friendly staff
    • Single or Double Room

Very basic and abit run down. Are booking said double room but when we arrived the we found our room was tiny and bed was barely a single, the room also had only one plug socket that was in the middle of the room, so to even boil the kettle it had to be taken from the desk and boiled on the floor. The knob on the shower was also broken which made turning the shower on and off very difficult and temperature control was impossible.

Good location - right in the middle of bundoran, near plenty of pubs and place to eat and right beside a really good surf shop. The staff were also very friendly and week as helpful as they could be. Breakfast was also decent.

• Single or Double Room

Double room was very small. Bed was very close to the door so easily woke by kids running up and down corridor at 1am. Bed was also very uncomfortable. Not much choice for dinner on menu.

wont be back
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

very dirty. Window didnt close we stayed 5 days and still wasnt fixed. They make you pay for you holiday up front so that if you complain you arent offered any refund if u want to cut your holiday short.

local to shops arcades beach.

Bit disappointed with Hotel, I paid €270 for 2night stay single expected better sorry.,
    • Single or Double Room

The foyer and bar area was tired and dated.and the breakfast buffet table was sparse having no fruit or yogarts the shower in my room was poor ,no spray just a spurt of water.

I was honestly really disappointed with this hotel we paid...
    • Single or Double Room

Food, service , rooms , some of the staff and their attitude to a problem with the hotel not us

I was honestly really disappointed with this hotel we paid quite a lot of money to stay here and when we first arrived we got put into a room where you would be able to put luggage into let alone 2 adults and luggage for 5 days , any of the rooms on their site not one was even remotely as small or dull as the one we got put into, thank god a nice staff member changed us after my complaint as to how much I had paid for the actual stay , then the kitchen was being re done so menu was horrific and some Of the food was and tasted re heated especially the chips , on several occasions I had to ring 2/3 times as they forgot my order in the bar for room service and when I phoned 3rd time to ask where the forgotten food was that they forgot again the staff was so rude to tell me “well you didn’t order it with me, I know nothing about it” ? Absolute disgrace, the new room we got moved into we had to leave on the first day and make ourselves scarce as they had to fit alarms ?? Or some thing. Another night again kitchen was totally down and we couldn’t order at all due to something breaking down when we rang we got told sorry it was closed and no apology nothing , the breakfast was poor staff were under pressure to serve a very busy restaurant and the full Irish was raw 2 cherry tomatoes rasher 2 sausages and one egg ! That is not a full Irish , then they just bring out toast right as your seated which is freezing cold when your actual food comes out and is rock hard . I am usually not a person that would ever complain but for how much I paid this was absolutely a waste of money and so disappointed with the customer service even on their part . Apart form the staff I would not recommend this place nor would I return . And this is sad as I was really looking forward to our stay and also thank god i didn’t bring the kids as planned because it would Of been a disaster .

Worst hotel ever.
    • Single or Double Room

Butlins in Bundoran ! Screaming kids everywhere! Old and run down ! Sea view haha double glazing frosted see nothing ! Bathroom falling apart ! Noisy on road. Pool old and too small. Food Terrible !! Spa .... don’t know as no appointments for our whole stay! Payment on arrival ? I’m sure they do this to stop people leaving, we would have left if we could, much nicer hotel up the road for same money ! Bad hotel, bad choice, please avoid.

Acomfortab;lle stay but the music was loud when up in our room..
    • Single or Double Room

There was plenty of parking at back of Hotel but the Access was very bad for an elderly person coming in . There was very steep steps at the back of Hotel and you had to use the lift in leisure centre by a member of staff. Also we had to queue for our breakfast for about 20 minutes and I had to get my mother to get a seat she could not stand for long. Also there was another queue for the toaster with such a big crowd there. People were giving out only one toaster there.

The room was very comfy and bed.

The holyrood was amazing!

The holyrood was amazing! Kids club which kept our little girl so entertained. Have to say the lady on reception on check in was fantasitic. We will 100% be staying again

Noise on weekend

Room was facing out the side very close to a nightclub, on the Saturday night we stayed could here the music and people until nearly 3 in the morning. Sounded like a great night out but I was on family holiday with our 3 year old and paid €180 for somewhere to sleep and wasn't able to until after 3am.

I booked the hotel and was due to pay on arrival, 2 weeks...
    • Single or Double Room

I booked the hotel and was due to pay on arrival, 2 weeks before we stayed i received a call asking to pay a deposit of €50. The day of our arrival I again received a call asking about our arrival time..this was all due to the sea sessions tour that was on in bundoran that weekend!

Leisure facilities were excellent, room was clean and...
    • Single or Double Room

Cooked Breakfast was poor as there wasn't much on the plate, there was no menu's to tell us what was included in the cooked breakfast but when we received it we were rather dissapointed

Leisure facilities were excellent, room was clean and comfortable

adequate for purpose..we were attending wedding nearby.

room was not serviced on day 1 very disappointing. we were out from 11.30- 9pm

spacious reception area and bar/ comfortable seating in a relaxed atmosphere. room warm comfortable. location ideal for town. car parking very good.staff helpful. breakfast served promptly, adequate portions

I enjoyed my night there an definitely would stay again.

The leasure centre lets it down. Loose tiles an cob webs in the toilets. Could do with revamped.

The room extra comfy an fantastic view from the room I was in. Staff friendly and helpfully. Music every night in lounge which I really enjoyed.

I would not stay here again. I'd stay at the sister property, The Great Northern.

My room was small and smelled terrible.

The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. The staff in the restaurant were excellent: efficient, friendly, etc. The location is good because it's central and right across the street from the start of the ocean walk, a quick walk to the beach, etc. BUT my room was on the main road and was very, very noisy ALL NIGHT LONG every night, with cars going by non-stop plus people coming out of bars and yelling in the street, etc. So, great location to be in when leaving in the morning to go about your day, TERRIBLE place to sleep.

Overpriced
    • Single or Double Room

Bed was too small couldnt sleep with the lift ...very warm also you dont need heat like that in the summer. The room was pretty dated also they could do with training there chef on how too cook a good breakfast im no chef but i can cook bacon ten times better than what your own trained chef can...

The atmosphere at the bar plus the staff where really friendly and its at a good location

will never be back.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

been to bundoran 4 times and always wanted to stay here...got to stay this time and it wasn't a great experience...reception girl with glasses checked us in and then proceeded to charge us an extra 76 euro cause we had a child over 14 (who they class as an adult) although we had a family room booked where everyone had a bed she moved us and I was reduced to sleeping on a pull out couch which wasn't very comfortable...we had 2 cups and 3 towels for 5 people in the room....there was a family a few doors down who where given the keys to another room for 3 days cause the shower in their room was broken (they had 3 young kids) there was vomit in the lift squashed into the ground for the whole 4 days we were there....pool is closed to kids after 7pm and no kids in bar after 9pm so we put the kids to bed and went to the bar to find more kids than adults in there....told at checkin that there was no code on the barrier of the carpark to get out only for me to be stuck at the gate when I tried to leave...I push the help button 4 times and no answer so I had to park up again and go back into the hotel reception only to find the receptionist sitting looking at the barrier on the monitor...she said that there was a code and I should've used it.....reception staff need some serious work on their manners and people skills....toilets at the reception( which also serve the bar) were stinking the hall out constantly as I walked by.....other incidents too.....ive stayed in a lot better hotels for half the price too......will never be back.

location.....that's it

Comfortable stay. Good value for the price I paid.

Hotel food finishes early at night. Some hotel guests were turned away from the bar just after serving time. There was no effort made to take care of these people.

Good location for a stay. The hotel was good value for the price I paid.

It would have been nice to have the beds made room cleaned and dishes ,glasses and bins emptied.

Our room was never cleaned all the time we were there. The towels were changed but the used towels were not collected.

Location was central. The car park was good.

Over priced, shabby and disappointing.
    • Single or Double Room

Poor value for money; supply and demand rules in force and area was very busy due to festival taking place in BallyShannon. I have paid less for a 4* hotel in Rome. Many part of hotel looking a bit shabby - threadbare carpet on main staircase. Problem with hot water in bathroom - freezing cold showers one day, lukewarm the next. Bathroom had not been cleaned properly - still empty shower gel bottle from a previous guest in the shower. Nearly impossible to turn the shower off - dial stuck half way around and took brute force to shut off the water. Also despite it being the weekend and that most guests were there for a music festival thought 10am cut off for breakfast very early; most hotels allow up to 11am at weekends. Breakfast was poor; very limited choice at buffet (like a trip back to 1970s with choice of prunes or grapefruit being the only fruit options, no yoghurt etc....) Cooked breakfast was prepared to order rather than buffet, but it was not good; potato bread had been sitting around for a while after being fried - was like rubber. Very cheap quality orange juice, sausages and bacon used. Wasn't worth getting up for!

Night staff very courteous and welcoming. Location was good.

Great time was had by all.

Don't like coffee

The room we had was great as soon as we open the door , the decor was very up to date , the room was great with the sofa to relax and a large bathroom , bed clean and comfy , the food was very nice , the carvery is good value and the cheese cake is beautiful, staff where very friendly and helpfull we had a very nice time and will be back again☺.

Hotel by the sea

Bed was not comfy and bathroom could of done with a refit. Shower head and shower screen faulty. Also there were a used nappy and cig butts on roof outside bedroom window.

Location and size of place. Great connections to west coast towns and beauty spots

I liked it's convenience to all amenities.

Very warm in the summer months ..heating still on. radiators very hot in the bathroom and corridors .

I liked it's convenience to all amenities. Staff were so helpful at breakfast and the night porters were so kind ..we were at a festival returning back late at night..so nothing was a problem for them .

Beautiful holiday near roring ocean!

Lovely hotel, lovely staff and excelent breakfast! Beautiful view of Athlantic ocean! I came to Holyrood hotel last year for the first time, and now we gladly came back!

Wouldn’t go back if it was free
    • Single or Double Room

When we got to the room the door frame was hanging of on inside of room. My girlfriend went to take a bath and it run brown water for few minutes to clear and the toilet was leaking, yes it was cheap but didn’t expect this and the hotel need money spent on it to freshen it up

The staff on front desk was friendly

Bathroom needs upgrading. Window was broke and we where there for 2 days and no one cleaned room/changed bins. Breakfast wasnt stcled (pastries etc)

Great location. Staff amazing.

Totally Awful - nothing to do everywhere shuttered down or boarded up
    • Single or Double Room

The bed was like concrete pillows like paper Room across from clanking lift noisey chat when people got out kettle in room didn’t work icing on cake NO HOT WATER hotel is a nightmare !!!!

Nothing really

IT WAS A RELAXING STAY, & THE PEOPLE WERE VERY FRIENDLY
    • Single or Double Room

ARRIVED ON THURSDAY, GROUP IN BAR STARTED TO PLAY AT 9-30 & FINISHED AT 11-10 IF YOU ARE ON A LITTLE BREAK YOU EXPECT TO BE ENTERTAINED UNTIL 12-00 AT THE EARLIEST, FRIDAY NIGHT THEY STARTED AT 10-00 & FINISHED AT 12-00 WITH A FEW LITTLE BREAKS IN BETWEEN, I THINK THEY COULD DO WITH A LITTLE CHAT

ROOM VERY NICE B/FAST EXCELLANT WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY, EXCEPT FOR THE LIFT IN THE LEISURE CENTRE

On the whole we enjoyed our stay in Bundoran.
    • Single or Double Room

Got very little sleep as our room was next to lift and it was in constant use especially the Saturday night , also room was just above the boilers outside so it was quite noisy. I understand But it was a bit off putting.

Bed comfy. Bedroom clean. Bathroom a little on the small side but sufficient.

Perfect for my visit very central and lots of amenities the leisure centre with pool sauna and jacuz

Choice of alternatives such as beans fried bread type of eggs hash browns mushrooms etc

Breakfast was adequate if not spectacular but it was certainly very nice

My stay was good and I would return
    • Single or Double Room

Pool was small with no lifeguard but still better tHan no pool. Hottub was nice but alot of sand in it.. steam room had no water so just a hot room. Room service did not have the food that was on the menu so we had to settle for a sandwich

Bed was good and view was excellent staff where friendly and helpfu. Location was good also

The food in the rastaurant was lovely, and the staff was...
    • Single or Double Room

One little issue we had there was a fiew issues with the room we were staying in just small issues with our bathroom the shower was cold and the toilet did not flush. We went down to the reception to let the receptionist know about the issue she didn't t listen to us and wasn't apologetic at all which I found really disappointing because the receptionist that checked us in was a really lovely lady full of information and made your stay feel really welcome. So its sad that one person was ruining the reputation of the hotel on everybody else that went out of their way to made your stay excellent. Other then that the room was gorgeous really fresh and new. Our view of the Sea was amazing too!

The food in the rastaurant was lovely, and the staff was really friendly and went out of their way for you. They made up feel really welcome and made my partners birthday special. We meet the owner of the hotel and he was extremely welcoming and full of information! He was really friendly, a very nice guy! I would 100% recommend this hotel if you are traveling to Dundoran! One of the best hotels! It's close to everything. You can walk to the fairy bridges the are just outside the hotel. Thanks guys! I will definitely be back!

Would not stay again

The hotel is very tired, not suitable for business travellers as wanted to print something off and there was no facilities, only menu available in bar was full restaurant menu even though the bar menu was showing as available you couldn't order from it, very odd, breakfast did not have enough staff on, just one waitress who seemed to spend more time in the kitchen than anywhere else,

Location great with ample parking,

Stress free stay

N A

Mc Gargoyles Restuarant very attentive and had a good selection on menu. Used Holyrood Restuarant very good lunches and evening meals. Staff very friendly and helpful

My mum n I had a very relaxed few days everything about the hotel was 1st class . C u soon
    • Single or Double Room

I myself had no problems as I said my mum loves getting to this hotel

The breakfast & dinner were 1st class .Room was great as my mum is 82 yrs old

we were a bit dissapointed
    • Single or Double Room

when we when to book for treatment in the spar she was fully booked up so that was a let down we had to go else were

we love our stay food was excellent except when I book our trip I sent a request my grandaugher is vegan but nothing was done about it so she couldn't eat much for breakfast no cereal only could eat mushrooms beans tomatoes we even told the staff on duty so we thought she would be able to eat what she wanted to eat

Overall a very enjoyable stay.

There is nothing to comment as I had a very enjoyable stay at the hotel and would recommend for singles, couples and family breaks.

The room at the hotel was very spacious and furnished to high quality. The staff were very friendly and approachable. Entertainment in the hotel was good and catered for all age groups. Staff in the bar and Restaurant were friendly and this was a pleasure. Overall good experience.

Friendly. Clean, warm, comfortable. Nice staff

Although we had a room with a sea view it was difficult to see the sea due to the windows. Out of the three windows that you should be able to open only one opened out properly . One was stuck and wouldn’t open and another was broken and closed itself in. Minor problem but it was a shame with such a view. Town itself was pretty run down seaside town with bars and amusement arcades mostly closed and shuttered but would imagine would be open in season. We only stayed one night passing through and we knew from previous reviews what to expect. We would stay in the hotel again tho if up in that area again. While hotel decor was dated it was clean and it’s staff were very friendly.

Very large room and comfy bed. Although very limited hot water on arrival (shower went cold) it was piping hot the following morning. Very friendly staff. Good food in bar. Good Entertainment in bar at night. Great coffee at breakfast. Fab walk out towards the golf links.

Room fulfilled our need for somewhere to stay over that night but basic and poor for €98 at present.
    • Single or Double Room

Very small room - bed just fitted between two walls in length. Room longer the other way. Badly fitting door. Children running outside our door until approx 2.30am. Noise of showers etc started again at 7am. Breeze coming in around the window in ensuite, which was a decent size, otherwise. Boiler for heat outside our tiny bedroom window.

Parking

Breakfast was just not to my expectations
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The noise from the room above ours, was just unpleasant , I wouldn't have slept there multiple nights, I have never experienced that in all my travelling .

The kids club and the entertainment was fantastic.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The rooms were below standard.

The kids club and the entertainment was fantastic. We have three kids 8, 5 & 2 and they loved it. The staff over the kids club and entertainment were brilliant and it was the best we have seen so far.

Fine for one night

Slightly run down seaside resort. Hotel could do with a lick of paint. Changing rooms in the spa need painting and updating.

Good hotel albeit a fading beauty in an off season holiday resort . Amusement halls dodgy nightclubs tired funfair . If fading sad seaside resorts are your thing then head to Bundaron .

Great location but kids running wild at all hours!

Kids Club!!! - don't stay here if you want an adult break! Kids running wild at 12am! The hotel is a bit run down - def needs a facelift!

The décor of the room was awful, shower door was broken and lots of little things not right but the bedroom was clean and the bed was comfty. Its a great location. The leisure centre was nice, pool and sauna and Jacuzzi was great.

No bedside lamps in rooms but got some when asked for them...

No bedside lamps in rooms but got some when asked for them and table is bar was not wiped when we sat at it. Had to ask twice and it was wiped when we received our food not all of it. And only one key for door. They need to update. And used cards as most hotels do otherwise we enjoyed our stay

good place for families but not Adults
    • Single or Double Room

Too many children running around the place and it just felt more like a baby club not a place for adults looking to relax.

The staff were very nice and the location and carpark were very good,rooms were comfortable.

I've stayed their many times before so I knew what to...
    • Single or Double Room

Their isn't enough disabled parking & the patio outside the main door is a bit dangerous for people like me on crutches or wheelchair users.

I've stayed their many times before so I knew what to expect

First & last visit
    • Single or Double Room

The noise from downstairs lounge and partying in several rooms next door meant we had to change rooms. The repacement room was fine until 1am when the noise from close by rooms started again and went on until 4am. Complained to desk but nothing done. Avoid the Holyrood if you want a good night's sleep. Restaurant ok but not value for money.

The staff are very welcoming & friendly.

Bad at start ended up ok
    • Single or Double Room

However I bought this gift for my parents for 2 nites to stay. When they got there they were put in a room that the dirt and cold was appalling! My mother went down stairs to Asked by changed and yes she was moved to another room that was amazing. However i wasn’t happy when she sent me images of room to why you would even buy guests in it only my mother spoke up she would never been back. However room change helped as couldn’t recommend it anough but for this to even happen was not good enough in first place.

Hotel was in good location & food was good

Good location but awful breakfast .
    • Single or Double Room

Had to change room as the first room was small dark and not comfortable. The second room was a little better. Breakfast was awful, really poor quality product and service.

i liked the hotel but i went for a restful break which I didn't get
    • Single or Double Room

The constant noise of children running up and down the corridors from early morning and most of the day

Great food and good music in the evening in the bar

Never again
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The hotel was freezing and smelt of sewage staff lovely and admitted to the sewage smell and the filter in the pool was broken. The pool was dirty and cloudly. Room was freezing no radiator(towel radiator) in bathroom. Lighting in restaurant not good awk my list could go on only go thing we liked was kids go club and staff friendly but we all came home with head colds so for us never again... And to be told they were working on the pool and sewage smell well there was no work men etc to be seen and reviews for sewage go back to January so i thought it would be sorted by the 14th February but got that wrong...

Not much the decor was nice

Won't be back!
    • Single or Double Room

The only thing I can credit this hotel for was its helpful staff. Apart from that there's nothing good I can really say. Hotel is outdated and needs upgraded. We arrived on Wednesday to an old, outdated, cold, musky smelling room that looked nothing like the pictures online. After my partner spoke to the lady on reception we were moved to a more modern room which was a lot nicer until we had kids running up and down past our room shouting, screaming and banging on our door from half 10 until half 12 at night only to be told by the guy on reception that 'their parents have gone out and left them to their own devices. There's nothing I can do but move you in the morning.' As if that wasn't bad enough some guests down the hall started playing loud music and shouting until half 2 so no sleep had at all. The Thursday morning we were moved to another room which was on the 'quieter' side of the hotel. Everything was fine until at half ten until there was more music being played which didn't finish until half 12 and more people shouting and laughing in the hallway at quarter to 5 in the morning which is completely unacceptable. We had booked this trip to relax but this was the furtherst thing from it. We won't be back in this hotel at all.

The staff.

Very Disappointing

Building work meant it was too noisy to stay in the room during the day. The restaurant advertised food all day however lunch was limited to soup and sandwiches, in the evening only food in the bar and there was no choice other than pay for a 3 course meal. The pool area was cold and moldy. The steam room and Jacuzzi were both out of order.

Room was nice and comfortable. the treatments in the spa were good and worth the money Good breakfast.