Reviews of Jackson Court Hotel 2 stars

29/30 Harcourt Street, D2 Dublin, Ireland

#123 of 136 hotels in Dublin

Take menus out of rooms, cleanliness of rooms not 100%

Great stay, unfortunately no food available. We looked at a menu that was in the room but we're told at reception there was no food services luckily there is plenty of places to eat in the area and we found a great spot just around the corner. Also found used false eyelashes in the room along with a few other hiccups. I've stayed here a few times now so overall it is an excellent location and great value for money and usually cleanliness is always up to standard just unfortunately on this occasion was not. Based on previous stays this is not a usual occurance and I won't let it stop me from booking in future.

It's above a bar/club (which they do tell you and also provide ear plugs). There's also noise from a local bar, not really sure where the sound was coming from. Still managed to sleep though as triple glazing muffles the sound a little. Our room was quite small but others looked bigger.

Room was comfy, clean and in a great location.

• Superior Triple Room

night club noise, even though ear plugs were offered, sleeping was a struggle. Had to change for a more quite one, the staff was very helpful.

Location was perfect, very close to the city centre, direct access to tram which was convenient.

The fact there is a club on the first floor is one thing but because these rooms have no A.C. the windows need to be open and the music is blarring until 3:30 am. People are still out and yelling past that time. You could literally feel the base. The hotel is fine for party goers but I do not recommend for someone who is trying to relax and get rest. Mind you I stayed there on a Wednesday night. It was not a weekend or anything like that.

Fire Alarm went off at 4am approx and continued to go on for 45 minutes on the first night of our stay. No sleep and very difficult to talk to staff who tried to pass us off to each other. Hotel was extremely overpriced, with very poor facilities- no iron, hairdryer etc. Would not recommend even disregarding the alarm incident, a bad ending and experience to an otherwise great weekend away.

The location was central and close to a lot of Dublin attractions.

• Superior Triple Room

We didn't realise how noisy it would be and miss read the hotel your rooms are literally above the club. So there was no silence till 6am. But if thats what your going to dublin for then your in your element.

Super friendly staff? The rooms where really clean and very spacious. Will def return 😊

I didn’t like the fact they falsely advertised and they were over priced There name is the Jackson court hotel but when you get there it’s actually copper face jacks.. that they never advertised in there add here!!! My room was literally tiny and I was charged €139 for one nights stay!!! The lift in the hotel had something wrong it an when you looked down you could see the ropes and all that when going down and up in it

It was clean enough and the staff were okay too.

The hotel - The hotel was terrible. Power was lost the last night and they did not have any other lighting including candles. I left and slept at the airport. Requested for a reimbursement for the last night, which they agreed but never provided an updated receipt even though I have requested multiple times

Over double the price from a Thursday to a Friday night same week. Not very clean. Door staff very aggressive and arrogant late at night.

Location only! Door staff could do with been sent on customer service training.

The hotel has a night club so it is a little noisy, and is around other night clubs.

The front desk girl was very polite, helpful, gave us tips about where to eat and go out to. She was extremely friendly.

Niteclubs close by. Noisy but not too bad.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was modern, clean and quite comfortable. Good location and easy to reach by public transit.

Very expensive for what's on offer. Room was very small.

They allowed us to store our bags after we checked out so we could go around the city without lugging our bags

Lets be honest, the Jackson court hotel is directly above one of the busiest clubs in Dublin. If your going to make full use of the facilities and go mad at the club.. the noise really isn't going to bother you. Great for a night away.

Unless you want to try to sleep in a nightclub, avoid this property! The nightclub downstairs - seemingly with no soundproofing at all!! - Will not be drowned out by doubke-glazing or the earplugs provided!

Easy walking distance of central Dublin.

The hotel turns into a night club after midnight. It's very loud until about 5 am. Also, the water in the shower was never really warm and the pressure was bad, too.

It's clean and close to the centre.

Don't come here with the funny idea to want to sleep during the night : Disco right below, with impressively working loudspeakers that overcome any earplugs. Disco shuts down music at 4:30 (!), just to start to clean, i.e. emptying all glas bottles in respective containers. The fact that the hotel already prepared ear plugs in rooms should have been a clear warning sign... Size of the room equals size of bed plus half a meter on each side. Shower OK, as long as you don't need warm water in the morning. Security card had to be reinitialized every day as it didn't want to let me in my room.

Well, if you're looking to go out : perfect location. Either you go to the disco or right away stay in your room, music is loud enough to dance directly there

It is impossible to sleep as there is a club in the hotel so the music volume and the people noise will stop just at 4 in the morning. Till all people will go home you cannot rest at all. The rooms are small and all furniture and accessories pretty old. I would not recommend this place.

The position is not bad but except that there are no others advantages

Noisy, music jam all night till 4am. No room services. Rooms very small for 170 euro or night. TV is just a mere tiny monitor and tv stations in the room all local channels.

Unfortunately on the night in question, there was a power outage. No apology or acknowledgement on check out.

Location is ideal and the staff assisting customers to rooms when power was cut were excellent.

Cleanliness of bedding, size of room, nightclub noise even on the third floor, ironing board given was badly stained, taxi ordered for flight home at 4:45am and never came as same time nightclub finished but wasn’t warned of this.

Location was good

Where do I start?? Upon arrival pleasant enough alo not very clean but have to say the receptionist was lovely, got to the room which on first glance was great really big and nicely decorated but the dust had dust, the smell in the bathroom was disgusting, smelt like the sewers but it was clean! Weird that there is a mirror in the shower, The bed had clean sheets but the throw at the bottom was disgustingly dirty, there was a sofa in the room which I wouldn't even put my bag on as it was filthy and full of stains, and the dust on the canapy over the bed was disgraceful! Went to have a drink at the bar around 3 and were told no bars were open untill 4 but then the residents bar would be, came back at 4.30 (we were going to the rolling stones concert so wanted to have a we drink whilst we got ready) bar still wasn't open, receptionist asked the girl that worked in the bar to give us a drink which she did reluctantly and wasn't very pleased about it and showed her distaste to us! Later that night when we returned, a cheeky bouncer greeted us at the door telling us we couldn't come in, told him we were residents and he was very rude and quite demanding at asking us what room number and name ect, even tho we had our cards! So after we were allowed into a room we paid £130 to stay in, we were greeted by a load of kids in the nightclub which the whole hotel turns into downstairs! I was happy enough to go for a bit of craic and a dance but felt very old and returned to my room, I'm in my 30's so not past it just yet but I felt uncomfortable dancing about with 17 year olds! Got back to the room and the noise was like a disco in my room! I was still in concert mode so didn't mind! Fell asleep but was woken up an hour later and the noise was deafening! This went on till 4.30 am. Now the hotel do supply you with free ear plugs so if your staying here you are gonna need them! We weren't told this and were not aware that the noise would be so bad!

Both receptionist were lovely and very helpful.

NOISE!! From 8.30 until 3pm AND then(believe it or not) the music began again at 06h45am for about 30 minutes. The hotel is old and grotty and should be a youth hostel not a hotel!

I didn't have breakfast. I couldn't wait to leave. Receptionist CLEARLY did not know where by room was located. She told me it was a quiet room! It was NOT

The rooms temperature was very uncomfortable. The staff at ther reception was a bid unfriendly and unwelcoming.

The value overall was decent. The room comfort was alright. Room service was kind.

Very noisy because of the nightclub downstairs. Very noisy early the next morning as bottle bins we're being emptied. Heat was on full blast all night which was uncomfortable.

No mention when booking the hotel that it was directly above a nightclub that plays banging music until 4am in the morning.

Staff were friendly enough and they supplied earplugs

We found a shoe and dirty sock in the wardrobe. Room was dusty. I Understand the hotel is located above a nightclub, however it was the worst night sleep we have ever had in a hotel. It was so so so loud. The ceiling was shaking from the rooms upstairs, the light fitting was shaking. Really disappointed with our stay.

Room was spacious and well equipped, convenient location. Would recommend this hotel only if you are planning on staying up after 3/4am.

Room was tiny. Double room 249€ locates next to lift very noisy. No water pressure in shower. Door didn’t open fully into toilet. My buddy that I shared the room with wanted to ring a taxi or reception to book him one but phone didn’t work. After reporting all these to reception the following morning all I got was were sorry. I’m not one for writing reports but this was very unsatisfactory.

Location excellent.

What I did not like about the property was that it was on top of a nightclub that was open every single day.

What I liked about the property was the closeness to the city centre.

Music

Stoped over for 1 night stay for my job as i had to days training in Dublin.i should have read the discretion of hotel.on site night club not for the faint hearted.ear plugs on the bedside locker be prepared for a awful night

Very noisy and we were suppose to have quiet room. Really cheap and basic. Fire alarm went off no one

Nothing ridiculous was worse than hostel room came with ear plugs says everything.

Very noisy at night but ear plugs provided. Noise to be expected as it is above one of the busiest clubs in Dublin. So either join in on the fun or use the ear plugs. Can’t fault location and staff very friendly.

Late check in time and early check out time. I’ve arrived at the hotel at approx 10am and had to wait until 3pm for the check in time. Didn’t get a proper sleep until 4am due to ground floor’s night club speaker/dj/music. I had to go to the reception for the TV’s remote control as none in the room & had to give up as TV’s control was not working either. They’ve free refreshments such as coffee, tea & bottled water but no cup in the room. There’s nowhere to sit in the hotel to relax while waiting for the check in time, had to go out in the nearest coffee shop to wait. And staff is helpful, giving answers to some questions but not friendly. No initiation to ask if how our day or stay been.

The location of the hotel is very accessible to the centre.

Specifically asked for a quiet room at back of hotel as I know Harcourt Street can be noisy. Ended up at front and couldn’t be moved to a different room. People fighting on the street outside at 7pm, LUAS noise, noise from nightclub, early morning deliveries all accounted for a bad night of sleep. Drain in shower was blocked so had to stop half way through to let water go down drain before being able to finish showering

Location was handy for business. Room was nicely decorated and comfortable.

REALLY noisy due to night club!! Bedroom was cramped, bed was uncomfortable. We saw that the room on the site included breakfast. When we went down to breakfast, we had to pay! Note to self; ALWAYS check booking confirmation.

Proximity to city centre

Overall I had great time but air conditioning in the rooms is only thing I’d improve

I loved the location as it was very central and beside Luas line it was also easy to find.

The thumping noise of the band from the nightclub going in until 2am and the constant ditching empty bottles with a crash which kept us awake

Good location, pleasant staff

Hotel description is extremely misleading & not as advertised. The hotel doesn't just have an on-site nightclub but becomes one,including the reception so it can't be avoided. The fine print states that guests may experience some noise due to the night club but again this is a massively inaccurate as the music is extremely loud up until the early hours of the morning & it reverberates throughout the bedrooms up to the top floor.

Breakfast great value, reception staff very friendly & location good for easy access to pubs, restaurants & shops.

The loud music I knew of but when both windows were broken as the seal around it was broken in the bathroom and bedroom the noise of it was unbearable. I was so pissed and when I rang the reception nobody would answer then I went down to speak to someone and he was a waste of time just like the waste if cash myself and my partner paid for a night out. I won't be recommending this place to anyone!!!

Location was perfect for me as I had family close by.

Bed was horrendous. There was a no support under the mattress and I had to put two pillows under then mattress to fix it. I was lying on a slant. When I asked the front desk they said they were fully booked and wasn't able to change rooms.

The noise levels at night were horrendous. Security staff on residents levels at night was disconcerting. Lack of food after 3.30pm was disappointing.

Good location and friendly staff. Tidy and comfortable room, not big.

Loud noise from street (drunken brawl + taxis honking) due to nightclub/clubs in the building + street 03-06 hrs. Every night (Thu/Fri/Sat) of our stay. That on 3-rd (top) floor! Reception (24 hrs) did hot respond at 05.00 hrs as did not hear the call (due to noise). Only hearing impaired or earplugged guests could enjoy.

location in center

The only “ fly in the ointment” was the music from the night clubs which wasn’t too loud. They didn’t play my favorite songs tho

Staff were extremely helpful, courteous and cheerfully obliging. The hotel had a warm and inviting ambience and I would recommend to any of my friends visiting Dublin

Nothing good about this place, extremely rude bouncers instead of welcoming doormen.

I arrived back to the hotel in the evening to be faced by extremely rude bouncers - horrible attitude and will never stay at this place again.

NOISE OF THE PUB BELOW IS SO LAUD THAT I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND FOR ANY BUSINESS TRIP. I am an easy sleeper, but there is isolation so no way to sleep from 20h until 3h30 +. I tried to enjoy and go to the pub, no way also, teenagers of 20 years old, or special events parties that everybody knows a bit each other so feels awkward to be there alone. As it is also a pub area, i saw many fights, ambulances... people shouts on the street is also heard as the windows are not isolated.

Location,clean comfortable bed

Website not clearly state there is a night club within the hotel. Albeit in a higher floor room, can still hear music and noises until early morning. Hotel offer free ear-plugs in the room which helped me through the night.

I choose Jackson Court because the room rate was the lowest among other hotels in similar location because I am on a budget for business travelling.

When they take your €10 pre authorisation they don’t put in back in your account and blame your bank And staff are rude when confronted about this issue

NOISE, CLUB, NOT FOR YOUNG CHILDREN OR POEPLE WHO WANT TO SLEEP.

I had booked this hotel as it was not located directly in the town centre so thought me and my young children will be away from the night life noise. Our trip to Dublin was for my brothers wedding, However, we were not aware that the hotel turns into a night club with booming music till 4am. We didn't see this on the website and was very upset on our first night with little sleep with a 7 and 8 year old. This needs to be clear to customers that the families are not to book with younger children. We were escorted by security to our rooms after having a meal out of the hotel and was then shocked when we saw hundreds of students queuing for our hotel to party. The noise was unbearable and felt betrayed and we couldn't contact the front desk at 3am as no answer on the phone. However in the welcome booklet it confirms that there is 24hr reception.

Had some issues getting hot water for the shower but corrected problem same day. Breakfast was ok.

Front desk staff very nice and helpful. Excellent location near St. Stephens / Grafton Street. appreciated quiet room downstairs away from top floor club. Nice cozy room.

The room was a shoe box, nothing like what was pictured. Decided to deal with it and spend the day wandering the city. Came back, wanted to shower and there was no hot water. I'm not talking about the type of hot water where the temperature was still bearable, I'm talking freezing cold. Went down to the "24-hour" reception to notify them but the nightclub security guard said the receptionist had disappeared and not come back for a while. Went to bed thinking it'll probably be fixed in the morning. The radiators were on full blast and there was no way to turn them off as the knobs had been removed and given the compactness of the room the heat was unbearable. I should note that the noise level from the nightclub in the hotel and the adjacent nightclub isn't bad at all providing you don't have to open a window, of which we did. Put earplugs in and just about managed to fall asleep. Skip to 8.30am. Earplugs had fallen out in the night and was woken up by the incredibly loud and persistent fire alarm bell going off right above our bed in 30 second intervals for what seemed like a good 5 minutes. Decided to wake up and check to see if the water was back on - still ice cold. Called reception to ask why the fire alarm was going off to which they replied that the kitchen had planned tests for that morning. They never cared to inform us. Also mentioned the lack of hot water and they said the boiler broke (peculiar given that the radiators were on all night), asked when they'd be fixed because we had to check out by 11am and they rudely replied "don't know". Had to clean myself with wet wipes. If i wanted to do that i would have gone camping, probably would have had a more pleasant experience too.

The location could easily be much worse and they were nice enough to give you complimentary earplugs. It's not going to be every day that all the above happens, i would have had a rather pleasant experience if they didn't.

The noise of the nightclub, the breakfast should have more option as they have continental breakfast should have variety of bread , fruits etc

Actually I like everything. Location , staff

• Quadruple Room

This hotel should be sold as a nightclub with rooms. It was impossible to sleep, until the club closed at 3.30am. The ear plugs provided do nothing about the reverberating building. Avoid the street.

The Quad room was fantastic, with real beds for the kids and great space.

The bouncers on the door at the front of the hotel and the night club were very rude and even followed us up to our room.

The staff on the front desk were very welcoming and so friendly and helped us out with any questions we had about different places to go.

The staff and doormen were incredibly rude refused my partner from coming up to my room. Would never go back, you would want to get rid of them.

The room was ok

The room itself was lovely but the lighting was very bad . I know this seems like a silly thing but discovered when doing my make up/hair there was no light near the mirror

The location was ideal for pubs and restaurants .The hotel was very clean ,warm and cosy

It wasn’t hot water for take shower, and during the night there’s a night club inside the hotel it’s impossible sleep there... they don’t have staff from the hotel during the night just night club staffs.

Cold water. Cold shower. Noise. Night club stopped at 3:30. Neighbour club also noisy.Window poor fit to block noise.no space to relocate/change rooms.room 206 might be good for club attendees

Clean.Comfy bed.good cooked breakfast. Staff tried to get water warm. Ear plugs provided .if you want a club this would be the place to stay.

very noisy.nightclub there. also no fridge and no dinner. in shower was only cold water. Its expensive. I give only 3 stars because of that. So i guve only 3 stars.

friendly stuff and yammy English breakfast for €7

• Quadruple Room

The club from downstairs is OPEN everyday of the week and is not soundproof, so even if we stayed on the 3rd floor we could hear the music very well, plus drunk ppl screaming on the streets after leaving the club. One night out of 4 we siding had hot water so we had to take a bath with cold water, as we were informed that the water will be fixed the next day, no chance before we leave.

The location was great. If you are into clubbing you have free entrance in the club downstairs.the beds are very comfortable. The rooms are clean

The noise from the attached nightclub..Unbelievable..might as well have been in the night club..it would be nice to be prewarned about the noise level...

Convenience of location

Trying to get into the hotel, the bouncers nearly treated us like criminals. Asking a million questions. I understand it’s their job but we are guests at the end of the day, so they should have more respect.

The bedrooms were lovely and stylish. We booked two rooms, one of the old side and one of the new. The one on the new side was just loveeeeely but the one on the old side was smaller but also still so clean and stylish! Such comfy beds and the staff were so so friendly especially the cleaning lady I met the morning after!

Bathroom was not too clean with a few stray hairs and the shower was awful, no water pressure and lukewarm at best. Not having any parking available was a pain, having to pay for parking on top of the price of the hotel even with the discounted parking costs.

Bed was super comfy, lovely staff, so friendly and helpful. Earplugs were amazing!! Oh and the bathroom lighting is just phenomenal, like, noteworthy good. It's not so much a bathroom mirror as it is the Mirror Of Isengard. Upon close inspection it turns out I couldn't remove it without a screw driver and after extensive Googling on the matter bathroom mirrors don't really fall under the heading of 'acceptable items to take from a hotel'. So the magic mirror is still there.

Forget the rest and relax time in this hotel ...really bad, bad smell as well ...

The alarm ring 3 time start to ring(for no reasen) very very loudly between 1:00am night till 4:00 pm we couldnt rest sleep at all we were in shock/ stress and it was just very very bad...

Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Room temperature was set at 25 degrees, Window was open but did not close. Extreme noise from the nightclub below. Toilet did not flush and to add insult to injury the shower then only had one setting which was scalding hot so couldn't use it. Couldn't sleep, couldn't wash which are the basics of a hotel. I complained in the morning to the staff who looked at me and just said ok and let me leave. They don't care, its a profitable nightclub, not a hotel, do not stay here!

Do not stay here....Do not stay here....No hot water for the entire length of our stay, nobody was bothered in getting it fixed. The kitchen triggers the fire alarm when they start cooking breakfast everyday so be ready for a 7am wake up call whether you want one or not. There is nothing good about this hotel, spend a bit more and stay somewhere else.

The size of the room, for the price we were charged we expected something with a bit more space. Fire alarm going off 7 times at 8am. Couldn’t close the outside windows. The bed was very uncomfortable.

The location. Room was very clean.

It was very loud till very late from the local night clubs

The bed was very nice and the shower was very good. The Tv had for than three channels, which was nice.

When we eventually checked in our room, the room was tiny the lighting was awful and there was a dirty sock and left overs from the previous guest in the room. The fire alarm went off at half 8 in the morning on both mornings we were at the hotel, with not one apology. I had breakfast and it was below average. The bar also closes around dinner time and then doesn't open until 11pm which is awful seen as though this is a hotel with guests staying here.

The location was very good.

Didn’t know until I had booked it that there was a nightclub but thankfully Amy gave us a back room which helped. I am hard of hearing but the ear plugs weren’t much good. The dining area could definitely do with a facelift I found that the floor was very dirty around wher the continental breakfast was. Also we thought we would be able to get a drink from the bar but couldn’t until the nightclub opened which didn’t suit us.

Our room was lovely and clean and beds very comfortable. We had full Irish Breakfast but thought the continental was very poor. All the staff were very friendly. Amy on reception was really nice.

There was no heat in the room overnight (in mid-March) and the shower water in the morning was also cold. Also, the band playing in the nightclub below was very loud and continued well into the night.

The room was very small but acceptable for a 1-night stay, especially since it was a last-minute booking. And the price was right. The front-desk staff was very welcoming and helpful.

Hot water.

This is a value for money hotel. The rooms are very comfortable. It is cheap because there is a night club downstairs. The first room they gave mean didn't have hot water. I had to be asked to be moved. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It is 15 minutes walk from the centre.

As we travelled for a concert we decided to book this hotel as there were Luas Trams directly outside the door of hotel for ease of access to the 3 Arena or The Point as it otherwise known as...staff really great, friendly, hotel was clean. I actually loved this hotel and will definitely will be back...this was a last minute sort of booking as i had won the tickets in a competition the previous weekend to the concert so had to get somewhere fast...highly recommend this hotel.

• Quadruple Room

Would definitely go back! Place was about a 30 minute walk into the main area but the walk to the main area is great and you get a little bit more than just the tourist area. The night club is loud but I slept through it and they give you ear plugs but if your a light sleeper I wouldn't recommend. Beds were really comfy and extremely clean. Staff was awesome and very helpful!

Room was in the basement so it was a bit of a trek for my mum as she has a bad knee. And having to come through the nightclub door to get back into the hotel when we returned from our day was strange but overall it was a good stay!

Excellent location and friendly staff! room was a nice size and very clean! enjoyed coppers for a few later in the night! had expected it to be noisy in the room but it wasn't! would stay here again

The shower leaked a lot and the water temp was very unpredictable. Though I knew the main floor was a night club, they partied all night long.

The room was really roomy, clean and had a comfy bed. The location is right around the corner from a main Airlink bus stop that takes you to and from the airport and Grafton Street was right around the corner: very ideal location that is relatively close to everything.

It was extremely cold in the rooms on arrival and throughout my stay, blood on the carpet outside my room door, extremely noisy due to tram and also keg collection first thing in the morning

The room was spacious and the location was just a shot walk to Stephens green