Reviews of Jacobs Inn Hostel

#64 of 136 hotels in Dublin

Based on 2821 hostel reviews

Great value for money

Nothing to add.

From everything I really enjoyed the bed, it was very comfortable, plus it's a quiet area so my sleep was excellent. There are also stores near by and everything is reachable by foot. The staff is also nice and helpful. I had an overall great experience there. Thank you!

Great hostel in Dublin city center
    • En Suite Twin Room

I didn't like the bunk beds and the train running close to the hostel. But it stopped during the night and I had ear plugs.

Still it was relatively quite and very clean. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast choice was small but sufficient. I recommend the free walking tour.

Would stay again

No air conditioning

Beds are like a little box with curtains so you can have your own space. Really comfortable too. Good common areas, cute rooftop terrace, good location. Free breakie (very basic though) and good wifi.

Ideal for big groups.
    • Pod in a 12-bed Mixed Dormitory

Shared a 12 room with just my friends and the only real issue we had was that there was only 1 window that you could only slightly open so the room got very hot especially given the high temperatures. Last partial issue was that we were told on the first day at reception that we could take a photo of our room receipt for when we had to come back in at night rather than carrying it around. The security manning the door obviously weren’t aware of this and everyone who attempted to do so was stopped until they located a key or physical receipt. This was quite a nuisance.

Ideal for big groups. Especially for festivals etc it has just the right combination of everything that a hostel could have. Staff were very accommodating and the location was very central

An amazing deal with some terrible people
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

The people that moved in on Friday were terrible and trashed the room, but that's not the business' fault.

The staff were amazing. The location was amazing. It was amazing value for the affordable price.

Family stay
    • En Suite Quadruple Room (2 Bunk Beds)

Very loud talking and many banging doors at night due to hostel guests coming back late. Happened every night. For this reason I wouldn’t bring my family back to stay.

Great shared facilities. Great family room with our own private bathroom. Good location to train, bus, tram.

Affordable and great location and customer service
    • En Suite Quadruple Room (2 Bunk Beds)

Perhaps a bit more options or variety in the breakfast

Great location , near Bulsaras bus station. 5 minutes to city centre , supermarket s around. Fantastic tour for free at 10am. Very good customer service. Bus number 41 to airport. Very clean.

Comfortable, quiet in an excellent location.
    • En Suite Quadruple Room (2 Bunk Beds)

Rooms were hot, perhaps fans could be available to hire.

Very secure, and quiet. Excellent location. Staff friendly and helpful. Comfortable beds. Brilliant for a hostel.

Great option near city center
    • En Suite Double Room

Staff was kind and super helpful. It is literally 10 min walking from the city center, 5 min walking from the main shopping street and 15 min walking from Croke Park. Rooms were quiet, clean and nice. Great for a hostel.

I liked the atmosfere at the tv room, breakfast was perfect...
    • 1 Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The brightness in all the floors outside the rooms was weak...

I liked the atmosfere at the tv room, breakfast was perfect because all I needed was there, the room where I had to sleep was furnished e safe as there was a loker under the bed which I loved it...the toilet was modern furnished and clean as the room. I liked this place

Lots of places to chill outside of your bunk.
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

The bunk rooms have no air circulation and few windows that open. I know they are experiencing a heat wave at the moment but the rooms are so stuffy that it was really hard to sleep because there was absolutely NO air movement. Only 1 window opened halfway.

Lots of places to chill outside of your bunk. Friendly staff and great location.

Three days in my favourite city and three nights staying in the best hostel Dublin has to offer !
    • Pod in a 12-bed Mixed Dormitory

There was one toilet and shower between 12 people in the room I stayed at, which means you may have to wait a while before it is your turn, but that is only a very minor nit-pick in what was otherwise a very pleasant stay.

Jacob's Inn was maybe one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. I really recommend the pods which give you a bit more privacy than the bunk beds and they're super comfortable and cosy to sleep in. It's in such a great central area and within walking distance of most tourist destinations in Dublin, plus informative walking tours everyday start at 10am, and the space itself boasts a pool table and two animated murals of Irish culture and history, among other great assets. Can't recommend this hostel enough !

The bed and pillows were very comfortable.
    • En Suite Triple Room

It was just a little to far away from the main attractions. We were there during a heat wave and the building was so warm. The windows did not open all the way. I would have killed for a fan.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and nice. Everything was very clean. Close to the bus station

Good Location.
    • Pod in a 12-bed Mixed Dormitory

No A/C! I can deal with heat. But the room I stayed in didn't even have fans or anything to move the air. BTW, if you've never stayed at a hostile before, bring earplugs! Someone in the same room was sawing logs loud enough to be heard down the street. You need to always have earplugs to sleep in a Hostel. Otherwise it was alright.

Good Location. Facilities were clean. Right near a bus stop for the 747 bus to the airport

Wonderful facilities, but poor ventilation and overly warm room meant no sleep.
    • Pod in a 12-bed Mixed Dormitory

Part of this is due to the unusual heat that Dublin was experiencing, but the room I was assigned to was unbearably hot. Not only did I not use the blankets, I spent most of the night sweating and waking up from the heat and discomfort. To make things worse, I was in one of the pods, which on paper is a great idea. However, the lack of ventilation or any sort of fresh air just ensured that I baked all night long. The first night I couldn't handle it and ended up watching movies in the sitting area. The shower was alright, but again because there was no ventilation, I couldn't adequately dry off, meaning that when I put my clothes I was, I was essentially still soaking wet. I feel like all of these problems could be solved with a better ventilation system. Even a fan moving the air in each pod would have made my experience much better. It is a real shame, because everything else was so great. I didn't pay to be entertained, though; I paid to get a good night's rest.

Overall, the property is fantastic. It is clean in spite of the fact that massive groups of people make their way through the building everyday. There are 2 large sitting areas with several plug outlets. There is a TV room with several seats. The TV was a large flat screen with HD satellite tv, so I enjoyed watching the World Cup matches that were on. There is a nice sized games room with a pool table, fusball table, and boardgames. There is a mini library, nightly pubcrawls and daily guided walking tours. In the lobby areas, it is very easy to mingle with other visitors but it does not discourage sitting by yourself when you want to. The WIFI is great to stream movies.

Brilliant. So homely and the staff are so friendly. The location is perfect. Fright next to Bus stat

Nothing at all

Everything was perfect. I have stayed many times over several years and it never disappoints. It is perfect for a short stay. The breakfast options are great.Relaxation areas are brilliant. You can just chill at your leisure. I love the rooms and the curtains on the beds. It is all fantastic and so homely.

Each bed had its own power socket.
    • 1 Bed in 10-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Each bed had its own power socket. The bed cuartains were great, it didn't feel hugely crowded in the 12 bed dorm and the noise level was actually better than expected!

Breakfast was too simple.
    • 1 Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Breakfast was too simple. One of the staff told me that I can book a private airport shuttle when I was checking in, but I don't know why later on they started giving me excuses when I wanted to book, however, my boyfriend made a phone call to book it for me, they said they can book the shuttle bus immediately without any problems.

Great value in a location close to the center!
    • Pod in a 6-bed Mixed Dormitory

The locker room (to store luggage when not checked-in yet) could have been better, the bathroom could have been cleaner (but that may have to do with the other guests' habits), you need to be fast if you need to use the bathroom at a certain time (as it was shared with six people). I didn't like I had nowhere to sit to put my socks and shoes on (as I occupied one of the upper pods).

The location was close to the center, the staff was friendly and helpful, the beds were clean (although tall people may have a problem with the length). I didn't have time to enjoy the breakfast, but it smelled good. I was lucky that nobody in my room snored :D!

Good staff, lot's of space, very quiet, amazing beds, in the communal showers cannot adjust heating
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

The communal showers only had one heating setting. The single shower in our room allowed to adjust the heating BUT you had to push the shower button every 10 seconds for it to continue working, which is very annoying.

There was a shower & toilet in our room (12 beds). Bed was surprisingly very comfortable for me! There are curtains on the beds, so you can close yourself off from other people for privacy if you want that. Very convenient that in each bed there were plugs you could use to charge your devices! For some reason, even though it's a very big hostel (can hold ~400 people) I struggled to see anyone in the hostel when I was there, was very quiet there! Spacious kitchen and a lot of space to sit and use your laptop! Also they had 10 safes where you could store your expensive headphones or a laptop for free (BUT there was only one available to use when I was there).

I stayed in one of the pods which was really cool and gave...
    • Pod in a 6-bed Mixed Dormitory

The breakfast was so basic that it wasn’t really worth it. There was a school group when I was there which were really loud and annoying and made it super hard to meet people and they took over all of the cooking facilities at night making it hard to make my food because they were everywhere. It’s a great place to stay if you’re with people but if you’re a solo traveller like I was I would recommend looking elsewhere.

I stayed in one of the pods which was really cool and gave you privacy and the bathrooms were always really clean. The walking tour was good and the pub crawl was 12 euros but really fun!

Good choice for 1-2 nights
    • 1 Bed in a 8-Bed Mixed Dorm

Breakfast is very basic - toasts and flakes. Also necessity to pay 3 days in advance and only by card was a bit disappointing.

Very comfortable beds, you basically have your own cabin with light, sockets and usb chargers - very cool. Good location and big dining room.

Really great location and nice facilities.
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

Really great location and nice facilities. The lobby, dining room and kitchen are all very clean, comfortable and spacious. The receptionists are very friendly and the front desk can help you with almost anything. Would highly recommend.

Between jet lag and bar time I was exhausted.
    • En Suite Quadruple Room (2 Bunk Beds)

A bit pricey but it's Dublin.

Location is great and the roof top terrace was a nice plus. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Towels were included.

Easy access to trains and buses with comfortable pods
    • Pod in a 6-bed Mixed Dormitory

Given the room was next to the laundry facilities it was a bit noisy at times. Towels were left in the room - perhaps guests should be told to return them at check out.

Good communal spaces, easy location from train and bus station, pods have comfortable sizeable beds and free walking tour is run by a good company.

Provides an excellent base for a weekend in Dublin drinking Guinness

The beds arn’t the comfiest but who needs a comfy bed when you’ve had a day on the Guinness! The hostel is excellent and well located. It’s clean inside and there are plenty of places to relax with your friends or other guests. One thing, it’s like an exam to get into the hostel late at night. The day staff said we were ok to take a photo of our room tickets to prove we were guests. However, the night staff weren’t happy with that and went on to ask us numerous questions on who we were and where we had come from! Not ideal!

Green, lucky to have sun, diverse
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

It's more like a hotel, it's suitable for groups. I missed the coziness of a hostel. Would have been nice to have some more interior design, everything is very simple, reduced to basic stuff.

The beds are super-cool, no overused mattress. The place is very simple and clean. The room had heating, a big window. It was nice to have some breakfast, although not my favorite items. It's close to a main street with shops, close to the bus stops from airport, close to train station, 15min walking to city center. The stuff is really friendly and nice, they give the what-is-needed info.

Lovely experience.
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

Control over temperature of water during shower.

Love the privacy curtain on the bed. Kitchen and dining was fantastic. Other activities such as movie night, game sections were fun too.

very centrally located, friendly and helpful stuff.
    • 1 Bed in a 10-Bed Mixed Dorm

We were a bit unfortunate with other people who stayed in the hostel. On our floor there were 2 large groups of kids aged 15-18, which were really noisy at night, singing in front of our door at 4 am. It's not really hostel's fault, but a bit annoying. There's no shower gels or soap, could be useful to provide it.

There was a lot of useful features like lockers under the bed (you need your own pad lock, you can purchase it for 5 euros at the reception). There was also a light blocking curtain around the bed, very useful. They also had ear plugs at the reception - lifesaver!

a very good hostel in a great location.
    • Pod in a 6-bed Mixed Dormitory

would have liked to see fruit and yoghurt on breakfast menu - like some hostels have.

great location - very safe and secure : key card needed to access several doors locker under bed had key pad - no need for a separate lock pod room was very private and cosy. the hostel is modern and clean.

Nice
    • 1 Bed in 10-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The staff was cool, the place has a good security. The beds in the shared rooms have a perfect curtain for privacy. Plus around the hostel are a lot of pubs.

Very comfortable
    • En Suite Double Room

The shower drain was blocked so water went all over the bathroom floor and started to go into the bedroom.

Clean rooms and the building was in good condition, looked like it had been reburbished.

The Hentourage
    • 12 Bed private room

Facilities & staff are fab. Stayed here with 11 friends for a hen do in a 12 bed private dorm. Good value for money for a big group as Dublin nightlife is very pricey. The hostel is also close to nightlife & The reception team are there 24hours, who helped with taxis & recommendations. Would defo stay here again :)

Wonderful location and budget-friendly.
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

The corridor and the room kind of smell. Some people are loud, not the fault of the hostel itself, but I had a rough night sleeping.

The location is great, the staff is nice, the breakfast is okay.

Great stay, did exactly what it said on the tin. Had a thoroughly enjoyable stay for a stag do
    • 6 Bed Private Room

Breakfast could have been improved with more variety and more space. Walls were very thin..

Well laid out rooms, very friendly staff, safe, secure, warm, comfortable, modern

Really lovely people and facilities!
    • 1 Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I was expecting this based on other reviews I had read, but there were a ton of school groups staying here. It made mingling with other solo travelers a little more difficult.

The facilities were clean and well kept. The staff was also lovely. The hostel is in a good location, only a short walk to O'Connell Street and public transportation. There were also shops and restaurants right down the street which was great for grabbing a quick bite. I also appreciated the quiet hours after 10 p.m. which everyone respected. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone wanting a nice place to stay in Dublin for a reasonable price!

The room and bathroom were clean, tidy and comfortable.

N/D

The room and bathroom were clean, tidy and comfortable. The breakfast is good and all the staffs are kind, lovely and helpful. There are luggage room and lockers for free.

marvelous!
    • 1 Bed in a 6-Bed Mixed Dorm

I booked 3 nights in the same room, but was relocated and had to move in between rooms on my first day. From 11 to 15 I couldn’t check in and had no room during a rainy day.

The bathroom was really big and clean!

Good value for money
    • 8 Bed Private Room

Walls are very thin, we got back to our room and 4 of us talking normally no shouting or messing and there was a complaint about the noise from talking🤐 and advised if we want to talk go down to the lounge

Perfect location for the airport

A great place to stay.
    • 8 Bed Private Room

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. It's massive, has loads of lounge space, great kitchen facilities and dining area. The 8 bed dorm with en suite was very spacious and comfortable and our children loved it. We all slept really well. It's just a 5/10 min walk to the GPO which has an amazing exhibition about the Easter Rising, that's a must see.

Cheap and good hostel. Great for young people.
    • 1 Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The breakfast was very limited. Only toast and jam. Everything else had run out half an hour before closing time.

The curtains in front of the bed in the dorm gave extra privacy. The dorm was large and clean.

Cheap stay in Dublin
    • Pod in a 6-bed Mixed Dormitory

A bit noisy as capsules' rooms are located near the washing machines...

Cheap price in capsule bed, really enjoyed it. Modern and clean bathroom and comfortable bed.

The beds were comfortable with curtains and USB charger ports.
    • 1 Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I did not really use the private bathroom part of the 12-bed female dorm, it was not very clean and the shower didn't really work for me (it was cold). The counters in the bathrooms (both shared and private) were always soaked. I also found it hard to meet anyone; it was a very large hostel that many people stay with groups. The breakfast also wasn't great, I only had it once, and it was very messy.

The bed was comfortable and the hostel had lots of common areas. I really liked the curtains on the beds and the USB charger ports. The locker spaces were under the bed (bring own padlock). The shared bathrooms were somewhat clean but water was always warm! I never ran into any problems with waiting to use the showers or bathroom. The 12-bed female dorm had a lot of space! Lots of options for tours in and out of Dublin.

Great location! Two. kn
    • 1 Bed in 10-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Would have been nice to have somewhere comfortable to sit in the room - there are lounges in the common areas but can be a bit noisy to be able to relax.

Personal powerpoints in the bunk :) and the cages under the bed - I felt my stuff was always safe and never felt the need to come back during the day.

An enjoyable stay in every way!
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

We could not easily charge mobile phones and cameras because there was only one socket in the room hidden behind the bed!!

I liked the kitchen facilities and the fact that the hostel is very convenient regarding the transportation from and to the airport.

Extremely comfortable and enjoyable.
    • 10 Bed Private Room

Nothing, our stay was great. Maybe push breakfast back to 8.30-10.30 for us late sleepers haha. Other than that was a lovely experience.

The staff were extremely friendly, and made us feel very comfortable and safe during our stay. They allowed us to check in early and were very helpful with any questions we had.

Great Staff, first time at a hostel went great
    • En Suite Quadruple Room (2 Bunk Beds)

Just an FYI that the free breakfast is only bread/toast and a flake cereal. There are also a few drinks. However, there is a grocery store around the corner that you can add more to your breakfast.

The staff was really great. We liked the location, as we could walk to the bus stops from here. This was my first stay at a hostel and I quite liked this one.

Only stay if you're short on cash
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Too few cable contacts in the room, messed up my booking so I had to switch rooms during my stay,not very varied options at breakfast,

Good location, helpful staff

Great modern hostel at an amazing location, will defo be back!
    • En Suite Quadruple Room (2 Bunk Beds)

Hard & firm mattresses & pillows, the lack of breakfast but it's what I expected from a hostel. It only having 1 lift. There was a green light by the light in the room, it was bright when the lights were out. Took me ages to fall asleep

Staff were friendly, the rooms were spacious, modern and cosy

Very good
    • 1 Bed in a 6-Bed Mixed Dorm

- Something to hang the towel in the dormitory/bathroom would be great ; - A padlock is necessary to use the lockers (on the pictures you think it works with a code) !

- Staff friendly ; - Curtains for beds ; - Good beds ; - Much space in common rooms (living,...) ; - Many activities to discover Dublin and Ireland are proposed at the reception ; - Good wifi ; - ...

Great place to stay outside of Temple Bar. Good value for great conditions.
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

Only fault I could find was the kitchen's tools and cutlery was used and dented. A bit hard to cook with.

The staff was nice and always available. The rooms where spacious (even with a full room, one could pass easily) and the bunks were well equipped with personal light and USB and electrical ports. The mess hall was spacious and the kitchen was as well and had all the necessary equipment and then some (several stoves, microwaves, ovens, fridges and freezers). The hostel's atmosphere was youthful and active but quiet when the time came, so you could rest when you needed.

They fixed the basin drainpipe immediately.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

They fixed the basin drainpipe immediately. It's very quiet, clean, modern and safe at all times. The location in Dublin couldn't be better. The under-bed lockers are so practical. And the facilities offer a lot of possibilities for all ages. It's been great to discover that there are hostels this quality. I'll recommend it, as well as bring our students here.

Great hostel in every way, just a bit pricey
    • 1 Bed in a 8-Bed Mixed Dorm

On the pricey end, though you do get what you pay for. It's unfortunate that for the lower bunk bed, the curtain doesn't close all the way, meaning that people can look in and light also comes in.

The beds - pillows, mattresses, duvets - were really extremely comfortable and guaranteed a good night's sleep. The bed fittings were excellent (the light, plug points, little shelf, curtain). The bathroom was clean, hot water worked well. Breakfast was good. The hostel staff also gave us a good range of advice on things to do and places to go.

I liked that each bed has its own curtain, it gives you a...
    • 1 Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

But the shower isn't good, as you have to keep punching it, there's no shower head. The breakfast is only toast and cornflakes, a bit more would be appreciated.

I liked that each bed has its own curtain, it gives you a bit more privacy.

Not bad for a short stay.
    • En Suite Triple Room

The mattresses were flat and the noise coming from other rooms was obnoxious. The walls are paper thin.

The room was small but had everything we needed. Staff was friendly and willing to help us out with airport transfers.

Good location, USB socket to charge your gadgets, shower for...
    • 1 Bed in a 8-Bed Mixed Dorm

Normally I do not complain about prices, neither this case, just as a side note. The €77 I paid for a dorm bed was my most expensive stay ever. Avoid St. Patrick's Day next time...

Good location, USB socket to charge your gadgets, shower for each room.

Great hostel experience - would definitely stay again
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

Not completely central in Dublin city, but that's just being really picky (it's an extra 5 minute walk)

Great kitchen facilities and dining area Spacious comfy room (12 bed mixed dorm), with own bathroom (shower + toilet) Beds (and pillows!) comfy, and had their own privacy curtains, head lamp, charging points and decent security lockers under bed Staff were friendly and mostly helpful Right next to Dublin Busaras Station Price not too bad - would definitely come back though, knowing what it is like

All in all everything i needed for a quick trip!
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

i was by myself and expected to get to know some people, thats why i booked a 12 bed room. Unfortunately everything was very anonym and it was hard to meet people.

The hostel is very clean! they clean the bathroom and kitchen everyday... what i also liked was the nice staff who helped wherever they could !

Great stay just a pity about the breakfast.
    • 1 Bed in 12-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The only problem I had was breakfast. The only options were slices of bread and cereal and I couldn't have the cereal as there was no lactose free milk so I ended up having to go out and buy breakfast. But apart from that enjoyed my stay.

Was very impressed with the hostel. It wasn't very expensive but it was still ver clean, the staff were very friendly, and all the beds had curtains on them and I appreciated that bit of privacy. The location was really good, right beside the bus station and only a ten min walk from the city.

My findings
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

Unruly , uncontrolled school kids very noisy frequently in movie area during adult movies. Night staff extremely rude and certainly not Irish hospitality. Security verification whilst inside was a concern. Breakfast was orange, cereal, bread and coffee. Not recommended. This is a only a cheap accommodation option which attracts the tourist who seeks only a cheap bed and not wanting to experience a true Irish stay.

Movies. Cleaners were friendly.

Totally recommended!
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

There is no fruit at breakfast.

Totally recommended! Each bed has its curtain, individual lights and USB sockets. En-suite bathroom in the dormitory. Very clean and comfortable hostel. TV with Netflix is a plus! It was really cheap (60€ for 5 nights) One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in!

Not a very impressive stay!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I think it should be some kind of rules\penalization for whoever doesn’t sleep in the bed that’s designated for that person. I arrived to the hotel and I had someone sleeping in my bed. The cleanliness in the toilets should be done more often as this is a big hostel with lots of guests and they were often found filthy, specially the ones down stairs. Overall it is a good hostel, but needs improvement in some areas in my opinion.

The location is very good, close to main touristic points and less than one minute walking from the bus station of the bus that comes from the airport. Light breakfast in the morning but fair for the price paid. The communal areas, with lots of sofas are nice and the WiFi signal is strong in all levels.

Comfy beds,great price,location as city centre accessible by...
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

Everything was fine except very loud tourists in lobby area but it cannot be prevented as they are on vacation in a group.

Comfy beds,great price,location as city centre accessible by walking distance. Very fast WiFi

The rooms were spacious and surprisingly comfy for bunk beds.
    • 10 Bed Private Room

The breakfast could have been more and explained that it wasn't a cooked meal or had more variety

The rooms were spacious and surprisingly comfy for bunk beds. The bathrooms were clean and comfortable shower sizes.

Meh
    • En Suite Double Room

Some staff were rude, paid for a double room and got a bunk bed. Push button shower and taps were really annoying. Also no toiletries were provided.

I wish i can stay longer :)
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

It would be great if there is a wider variety of food. But I mean, breakfast is already included in the fees so I basically have nth to complain about that.

I think this place is absolutely amazing and definitely worth living here. Gonna recommend this place to my friends who are traveling to Dublin ;)

Recommended stay in Dublin.
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

I could not ask for more. In my opinion, Jacobs Inn Hostel is worth your money. I would love to recommend this property to other travellers.

Facilities provided by Jacobs Inn Hostel were on point; from spacious dormitory, clean bathroom area, shared-kitchen and dining area, to helpful staffs. It is located in the central of Dublin and close to several major attractions within walking distance. There are some supermarkets, restaurants, bars, and public transports nearby. Considering Dublin's cost of living, room rate offered was quite reasonable. Additionally, guest may also book a shuttle service to the DUB airport from the reception at an affordable price. I had the opportunity to try this door-to-door service in the early morning and have been very satisfied.

lived up to my expectations staff very friendly and welcoming thought the communal areas were very
    • 6 Bed Private Room

they have coffee available all day 1 euro .... but no tea!!

private room, close to centre of Dublin, transport to and from airport dropped off and picked up round the corner, room was clean, had a charging point above bed for mobiles etc and a light to read breakfast was cereal and toast and tea and coffee and juice , my kids loved it as they had Nutella spread for the toast, allowed you to put luggage in storage (need a padlock) while you spend your time going round dublin

Great value stay at a superb hostel with fantastic facilities

I couldn't find any fault with Jacobs Inn

This is the best hostel I have stayed at in Ireland, and second only to Circus Hostel in Berlin. Friendly and with everything needed, with great communal areas, and first class location in the centre of Dublin within walking distance of all the sites and attractions in Dublin city

Great location with facilities.
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

There were millions of Spanish kids, probably aged around 16-19, during my stay who made a lot of noise. It was a nightmare at times to be honest. I am not talking about giggles and stuff but screams and shouts during midnight. I wish the staff paid more attention to this and give them a warning. Similar things have happened in the shower rooms as well. People were literally kicking your door as you shower. I know these are not entirely hostel's fault but still.

Great location with facilities. Very reasonable price. Curtains are a big plus. The locker had more than enough space.

A nice hostel in the heart of Dublin !
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

The price on the saturday night was twice expansive than the others days. (42 euros a night!!!) That's why I booked an other hostel for my last night in Dublin.

Very nice hostel ! Clean, confortable with individual light and plugs for each bed. Big bathrooms with hairdryer. Good breakfast. The kitchen is all equiped. Only five minutes to Temple bar ! But you have a lot of good pubs and stores in this area. And 2 minutes to the main bus station.

It was good place to stay and good value for money
    • 1 Bed in a 6-Bed Mixed Dorm

Mixed dormitory. I would have preferred same sex dormitory.They should give people opportunity to state which dormitory they like whether mixed dorm or same sex dormitory.

The bed is comfy,clean environment, helpful staff,central location and facilities to cook and laundering facilities.

nice hostel comfy beds.got away with wash facility 1 washbasin up to standard.The rest not
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

wash basin.plug in washbasin in room let the water go through.washbasin in corridor had 1 hot tap and other basin plugs not fitting down properly

bed very comfy.had no breakfast

Why go anywhere else? (unless you've got the money!)
    • 1 Bed in a 8-Bed Mixed Dorm

This stay was not quite up to the usual excellent standard I have come to expect from them although I still do not recognise some of the more extreme negative comments on the review list. This time I was on the ground floor near the laundry and the luggage room and the noise from the street is louder than being on an upper floor. There also seemed to be some kind of plant room next door making a machine-like noise during the day, although it calmed down at night. The heating control was broken so it was stuck on. Fortunately it went off at night. There were a few items left by previous guests lying about although the standard of cleaning was as good as usual. The other problem was that I asked the morning receptionist whether he could check if the ferries were running normally which he said he would do, fiddled around under the desk for about 30 seconds and replied in the affirmative. However when I got there it was cancelled and according to another passenger this had been planned for several days, based on the weather forecast. Whilst accepting that it is not the receptionist's job to do this, if he was unwilling or unable to do it could he have said so, so I did not waste three quarters of an hour waiting in a freezing cold street for a bus that was not going to turn up.

Everything else was up to its usual standard. The star points are the location, a few hundred yards from the bus and train stations and the excellent value for money. It's a pity they can't sort out the ferry link. The rest I have said in previous reviews.

Great hostel, not so great guests
    • 1 Bed in a 12-Bed Mixed Dorm

I had one massive problem there. Two guests were having sex inside my shared room, but the good thing about it was that the staff were able to resolve quickly

The facilities and location are great, all staffs are very charismatic and the breakfast is really good