Reviews of The Johnstown Estate 4 stars

Johnstown, Enfield, Ireland

#2 of 6 hotels in Enfield

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

The room was very spacious, staff very helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

We did not book B&B in our original booking, However we did pay for our breakfast on one of the mornings €15 each for full Irish. The breakfast was tasteless and dry i would not recommend the full Irish. They served good coffee. We had booked treatments in the Spa on both days of our stay and were left waiting on both days as we had been forgotten about. The Spa staff were very apologetic on day two as we had been waiting for 90 minutes for our treatment, when i brought this to their attention they gave us complimentary facials and some Elemis trial products.

The room was very spacious, staff very helpful. We had dinner in The restaurant Fire & Salt, the food was outstanding and the staff could not do enough for us.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Wedding event was fab & staff were gorgeous - spa room thermal suite needs monitoring & calibration.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Spa themal suite - would have expected the thermal rooms to be functioning properly... the steam room was over heated - the sauna was underheated and the other Caliph? room was switched off... disappointing ..

my spa treatment was EXCELLENT :)

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Wonderful hotel with great staff. Enfield village is very quaint with good restaurants
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Bedroom was very comfortable but a little outraged.

Beautiful hotel with great staff. Facilities are excellent but the staff make this hotel. Extremely helpful and friendly throughout our stay. Very professional. Reception staff were amazing.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Bar food was incredible.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Breakfast wasn't the best. Eggs tasted like balls of butter - and not in a good way! overall an excellent hotel.

Bar food was incredible. Staff were attentive, friendly and polite

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

In the end, annoyed and disappointed and my name is Seamus, they got that wrong as well
    • Deluxe Twin Bedroom

When I checked out I paid my bill at around 6am. In the afternoon a girl from the hotel rang and accused me of leaving without paying. I informed her I had paid and advised her to check the system and call me back, she was very abrupt and rude, after an hour she had not returned my call. I made 73 calls before being answered, the girl gave me a half hearted apology, not impressed !!!!

The rooms were ok but dated

Nice bar serving very tasty food
    • Deluxe Twin Bedroom

The lodge accommodation was dirty and not a 4 star rating, an upgrade to furnishings is badly required!! There was also a really bad smell from previous guests cooking.

Nice bar serving very tasty food

Highly Recommend
    • Two-Bedroom House

Absolutely loved our stay and cannot wait to return. The staff were extremely friendly and very professional . Our lodge was spotless and so spaceous. Highly recommend for couples and families .

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Enjoyed our stay will be back
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Breakfast a extra 30 euro. Nice meal in the coach bar tasty but expensive for bar food. Tell the chef to lay off the salt, chips very very salty

The bedroom was nice and big, nice to have the option of bath and shower as separate units in bathroom. Loved the spa steamroom sauna pool and choice of jacuzzis indoor and outdoor...fantastic

• Deluxe Family Room

We arrived Friday afternoon until Sunday. The one and only thing that was a bit disappointing was the fact that the pool is for public use and is obviously used frequently which meant it was really busy during the day time. Not a complaint as such and it was quiet in the evenings so we were still able to use the facilities.

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times over the past number of years, mostly with friends in the lodges. However, this stay was for a spa weekend with a friend and we stayed in a twin room. The hotel has obviously received a face lift and looks and feels great. The room we had was fantastic, very luxurious, comfortable and clean. We used the Spa and the leisure facilities (pool, jacuzzi and steam rooms) which were all great, especially the spa. We ate in the bar and the restaurant at different times and the food was always good. The one stand out thing about this hotel is their staff, every single one that we came across was polite and corteous and the staff in the bar were so friendly at all times. I always liked this hotel but with the renovations its even better.

Fantastic Hotel

Nothing....everything was spot on!

The room was exceptionally large - one of the recently renovated rooms which was beautifully decorated! We loved it! Staff were all very friendly and helpful despite being very busy. Food was excellent also.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Hotel was stunning staff were very attentive especially in...
    • Executive Double Room

Hotel was stunning staff were very attentive especially in the fire and salt restaurant, food was amazing, we also used the spa which topped it all off. Can’t fault anything

The bar was perfect!
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Have to wear a swimming cap for the pool!

The bar was perfect! Lovely food and great atmosphere! Staff friendly and helpful and the hotel was in a great location to visit all historical monuments nearby and local towns!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The Johnstown Estate is a lovely place to stay in Ireland.

We liked everything!

After a day of sightseeing I really enjoy a swim- the pool was excellent. My husband spent time in the sauna and was pleased that the temperature was kept quite hot. The breakfast buffet was lovely. The grounds of the hotel were lovely and the location was good for our return to the airport for our flight home. Our last night's stay was a great way to complete our wonderful travels in Ireland!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Overall, the staff made the experience very enjoyable but I was expecting more from a 4* establishme
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

I was surprised to find that toiletries in the room were minimal - shower gel, hand soap and shampoo only (no hair conditioner, body lotion, shower cap etc.) Reception had some hair conditioner dropped to my room when I enquired about it. I felt housekeeping was a bit slack. I had room service on one evening and used the cup/saucer in the room to make tea. After housekeeping had 'cleaned' the room the next day, the mayonnaise that I had accidentally dropped onto the desk from my sandwich was still there - uncleaned. Housekeeping also did not replace the used cups/saucers that they had taken. The shower in my room did not drain properly and the drainer in the sink needs to be replaced (chrome chips are flaking off).

All staff that I encountered were extremely helpful and polite.

Beautiful resort.

That we had to leave

Beautiful resort. Wished we could have stayed longer. Would be excellent as a place to rejuvenate and relax. Not much to do in the vicinity, but all you need is there.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

This hotel is very pretty and reasonably priced.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

It’s a little far from the airport, as we had an early departure the next morning. However the hotels near the airport are very expensive. This was a great option!

This hotel is very pretty and reasonably priced. The bathroom facilities were excellent!

The hotel is beatiful and the room was clean and comfortable
    • Deluxe Twin Bedroom

We asked for a wake up call that never happened, nearly missed breakfast and we did not have time to enjoy their leisure centre as we had planned. Food in the bar was not great and breakfast below our expectations for a 4star hotel

The hotel is beatiful and the room was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

This is an exceptional property!
    • Deluxe Twin Bedroom

This was just a beautiful place to stay in a beautiful setting! Staff was attentive and helpful with our questions. It was nice to be able to walk around the grounds. We truly enjoyed our stay here!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Would not return.

See above

Long q o check in, slow check in with 2 staff members on duty & booking still in paper format which delays check in further. Toilet area unclean in bedroom, steam room out of order, loud on corridors late at nite. I would not return and I wouldnt rate it as a hotel. No manager available to speak with on check out.....says a lot about customer care !!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Very good value for money .
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Food in bar was very very average and we got steaks which were expensive !

Very good value for money ... beautiful room with lovely bathroom. Separate bath and shower area... lovely bathrobe and slippers etc... overall fantastic room

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Nice hotel however overpriced.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Paid 180euro per night and unfortunately this didn't include breakfast. I hold my hand up and say that I chose the option without breakfast by mistake but I feel that the cost of stay was extortionate for a 4* and breakfast cost an additional 30 euro.

Clean and well decorated

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

See above
    • Deluxe Twin Bedroom

The only day we had our room cleaned, they did not make the bed well... Left NO towels.... Not replacement of any shampoos etc...nor tea ...nor milk.... Very Noisy Saturday night (Wedding on)… Was just unfortunate and perhaps non wedding guests could have been further from venue room.

Venue was OK Place felt OK

Great relaxing two night break
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

We were given a free upgrade to the honeymoon suite which was absolutely huge! The bar food and service was good and the breakfasts were lovely and tasty. I was able to order a cappuccino each morning. The smells emanating from the restaurant were amazing but we didn't eat there. The hotel had a good atmosphere and was very relaxing.

We will be back!
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

I can't really say anything bad, but just a tip - we looked up the Fire and Salt menu on the website and I thought "ooh this might be a little pricey", but the menu on the night was not the same. It was very reasonable and they also offered a set menu too. So make sure you check that out in the hotel when you are there. I'm glad we had a nice evening meal in the restaurant, and the wine was well priced too!

This was a fabulous place to stay and a nice 2 night treat for myself and my other half! We ate in both the restaurant and bar and they were both lovely. AND the breakfast each morning was so tasty - not many times you can say that about a hotel buffet, but in this case you can! Pool and leisure facilities were nice (although the outdoor jacuzzi was closed for renovations) and the lobby and sitting areas were nice and comfortable, I was able to sit and read while my partner attended a meeting.

6.0
    The food was excellent
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

The room was shabby and needs to be updated. Room 120 wallpaper falling off the wall. Also I booked a double room and paid for a double room but I got 2 single beds puth together The head board was for twin room so I also feel that they cheated us out of a proper nIght sleep. NOT WHAT I PAID FOR.

The food was excellent

Staff at reception were very friendly
    • Deluxe Twin Bedroom

The noise in room 103 as we were so close to function rooms and a lot of noisy traffic passed at night and early morning.

Staff at reception were very friendly Loved the open fire when we entered as it was getting chilly outside.

Country Hotel
    • Deluxe Twin Bedroom

Nice country hotel on the edge of Johnstownbridge and Enfield. Very convenient to Dublin. Great swimming pool, gym and Elemis Spa. Staff helpful and obliging. All in all an excellent two day stay for 5 of us travelling together to celebrate a 60th birthday.

Brilliant stay at a lovely hotel
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Brilliant stay with a beautiful location, loved staying here for two nights with my fiancé. We booked it very last minute and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Food in the bar was lovely, the restaurant was closed during our stay, but staff especially Rebecca in the bar was most helpful and there for all our requests, couldn’t thank her enough!

Good stopover for early flights from Dublin airport.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Shower pressure abysmal. Limited dining options: only the formal restaurant or casual dining in the bar area. The latter was extremely unpleasant because of the extraordinary noise generated by a convention group in the bar throughout our meal.

Location. Gym. Comfortable room. Very helpful staff.

Wonderful and peaceful. Beautiful surroundings. Extreamley clean rooms and friendly staff.
    • Two-Bedroom House

This is not a criticism because we had a lovely stay and the place and surrounds are beautiful but our lodge was beside the bottle bank, lodge 404, and at 1am a member of staff was emptying bottles into the bank. When the place is so peaceful this was quite loud. Sorry i didn't want to put a negative.

We stayed in the lodge and it was beautiful.

It was okay.
    • Deluxe Single Bedroom

Bathroom could have been cleaner. Found stains on toilet seat and hair stick to bathroom door. One shower gel shampoo conditioner in a double room available bit on the mean side.Breakfast over priced and charge of seven euro per person for room service.

Comfy bed.Plenty of pillows.

the breakfast food was amazing plenty of choice just...
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Had meal in the bar could have been better fish in batter was a bit soggy not crispy!!!!

the breakfast food was amazing plenty of choice just excellent, would go back again for the breakfast!!!!!! brilliant staff were so obliging and helpful made you feel special,,

Wonderful stay, fabulous hotel, fantastic staff
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Only minor thing was we found the first receptionist a fair haired girl a bit sharp but this was probably down to the fact ourselves and the guest before us wanted to check in early, she also ignored the que waiting in favour of answering a phone call which I feel should have been opposite to deal with guests present first rather then the phone, but saying that she was fine on check out. A slightly earlier check in time before 4pm would be easier. No other complaints was a wonderful stay!

The dark haired receptionist on check in was very friendly. The rooms were decorated lovely. The restaurant was lovely food was great and staff amazing so attentive, same the next morning at breakfast, bar staff also very friendly!

The comfy bed.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

The curtains did not fit the window properly so too much night light came in . Also the very lightweight plastic toilet seats are cheap and don't suit the ambience of the hotel

The comfy bed. The very friendly staff in the hotel except for one The Spa

good variety for breakfast
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

on arrival i was asked to settle payment which i did in cash.. when checking out again i was asked to settle payment by the same girl which was a bit embarrassing

good variety for breakfast

Everything else was absolutely perfect.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

The room was a little stuffy and very warm, the heating is centralised in the hotel which makes it difficult to turn it on or off. Only other compliant is the noise of the wedding party and the DJ could be heard all over the hotel making it diffificult to sleep

Everything else was absolutely perfect.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Very poor if you want to chill out and relax.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

We asked for a room that would be quite as my husband had to leave each morning to go to work, the room was great until 21.30 then the noise started , a wedding party that was staying in the room next door stared arguing with staff and other guests this went on for a long time , we phoned reception to complain but they said they will get it sorted, but didn’t , a few hours later another guest came into our room , we asked how did you get in she replied with the key we told her this was our room and she left, we reported this to the manager and told us we must have left the door open. When we checked out the manager told us that the next time we come back that he would look after us for the bad experience we had. After chatting to him he give us 50% of our second nights stay.

We are in the bar both nights and it very good

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Don't have anything negative to say about Johnstown...

Can't fault anything....

Don't have anything negative to say about Johnstown House, the hotel itself if fab inside, love the décor everywhere and the rooms were very comfortable. However the staff are what make the place, they were just amazing, they really couldn't do enough to help you, will definitely return!

Nice we only had 1 night
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Breakfast was cold for 15euro I expected it to be hotter...check in was a shambles we were part of a wedding party so I know there was a lot of people but I queued twice to speak with receptionist for ages and told rooms still weren't ready ...5 o clock before we could get into our room

Room was lovely bathroom very clean and nice and big. Beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great experience. Will be back if I’m back in Ireland!
    • Two-Bedroom House

One thing that really bugged me was that guests of the hotel having to pay for swimming hats, which wasn’t too much of an issue until you go in the oool and there’s a ten of 20+ blokes all swimming with no hats. If you have a rule at least make it across the board!!!

Liked pretty much everything! Having the 3 bedroom house was perfect for us so we could put the little one to bed and then enjoy a dinner and some drinks in the comfort of the lounge area.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Pleasant experience but didn't reach my expectations of 4 star bedroom
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

The room wasn't as nice and expected, bit of a let down. The bar seemed to have a lot of problems with food orders on both days with regards to missing components of meals. And the outdoor hot tub was out of order and it would have been nice to be informed on check in.

The staff were amazing! The bed was extremely comfortable and the location in general was lovely!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

An affordable piece of luxury
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

The only bad thing I could say was that sandwiches aren't served in the foyer after 6. Sometimes you don't want a large meal just a life bite!

The hotel was spotless!! The pool changing room was on a par with a 5* hotel and the afternoon tea was delicious and plentiful. The staff were all very good and friendly the breakfast was beautiful and everything was on had and well stocked, service was 1st class! can't wait to go back!! The hotel is in a great location well within reach of Dublin city and its attractions and for us heading out to smaller towns like Mullingar was a short drive.

Beds comfy.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Couldnt get any snacks anywhere for later in the evening in the hotel as the Spa door was locked after 7 and couldnt get to the vending machine. And no snacks/nibbles to order from behind the bar.

Beds comfy. Room clean and nicely decorated. Spa and pool great!

The property was lovely.
    • Deluxe Twin Bedroom

The single beds were quite narrow.

The property was lovely. A beautiful drive leading up to the hotel. First impressions count! Rooms were comfortable.

Lovely rooms and leisure centre - just a big shame about the food
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Food was not good. I had heard previously that the food wasn't great there but gave it a go twice. Was awful. Got a burger for my little one and it was cremated. She couldnt eat it. I got a salad and to say it was measly is being nice. Really need to up the standard of food. Breakfast was only ok. We got a takeaway in the town on the 2nd night and even the people in the restaurant locally said the food wasnt good in the hotel. :-( Not a lot for kids to do apart from swim. Went during summer and there was no kids clubs for kids or activities for them to partake in.

Nice hotel. Really enjoyed the leisure facilities and the rooms were very comfortable.

We thought that your staff were exceptionally friendly and...

We felt that the young man looking after the pool was a little to officious when it came to the children playing in the pool! We understand the rules but he was relentless when it came to telling the kids what to do and not to do and over the top in our opinion!

We thought that your staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Breakfast was not included with our booking so we looked to get breakfast in the restaurant after we had checked out at 11am but were told we couldn't get anything as breakfast had finished and lunch hadn't started yet. While we understand the need to replenish stocks we felt that there should have been some offering there instead of none!

Wont be rushing back
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Tried to book massage. Booked out until sat..which was 30 quid dearer. Waited 45 mins for food in bar and it was horrible..also very expensive. 7.20 for a glass of wine. Breakfast was disgusting. I only had scrambled eggs which were awful, and bacon that wasn't nice

Rooms were nice

Enjoyable
    • Two-Bedroom House

Didn't like the plastic flower displays, the much advertised Canadian tub that was out of use, we stayed in a two bedroomed house some of the electric plugs and lights didn't work shower leaked and doors didn't open onto the balcony.

Nice luxury hotel in beautiful grounds. Staff helpful nice pool and lounge comfortable. House was generally comfortable with good tv and dining facilities.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Stayed in Lodge, had a fantastic time. Staff and facilities were fantastic. 10/10!
    • Two-Bedroom House

We stayed in the lodge next to the hotel. It was wonderful. However upon entering the dark furniture (table and chairs particularly) were very dark and unwelcoming. The kitchen door makes accessing the fridge very difficult. Kitchenware was in short supply. However it didnt deter us from having a fantastic time & we'd certainly go back.

The convenience to Dublin, the staff were so pleasant, the food in the bar was great.

I have contacted them about this, with no reply from the hotel
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

I was not satisfied with the service provided. We were unable to check in at 3pm as stated and when I suggested I could wait I was told by the receptionist that they could not give me a time when my room would be ready. Before I left the Johnstown Estate I gave my bags to the reception and I was told they would put them in my room for me and they would be there when I returned. When I arrived back my bags were not in my room and it took me a half hour to find the night porter to locate my bags. I have contacted them about this, with no reply from the hotel.

20 year anniversary

Everything was perfect

Barbara Ann on reception was very friendly and accommodating Bar staff very helpful Rooms were spotless Had treatments in spa what can I say only best massage and facial ever got Kara was the girl that done it very good at her job

Room was spacious and clean, bed was massive and bathroom...
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Our room was very old fashioned compared to some of our friends rooms, breakfast was very below average for €15, it is a buffet breakfast where some of the stuff was cold, would not pay for it again

Room was spacious and clean, bed was massive and bathroom was lovely and had a nice big bath

the hotel is practically a palace.
    • Deluxe Single Bedroom

the hotel is practically a palace. Very good relation price/services swimming pool/Spa, etc very good location for visiting other areas (Boyne valley, TRim, etc) select it if you can get good offerts in booking (like us). For its quality, the price would be normally much higher

Fantastic Hotel
    • Deluxe Single Bedroom

Fixed shower head in a luxury bathroom, but I am being picky !

I came to this hotel at the end of a business trip around Ireland. My last appointments were in Dublin, however due to the changing nature of my itinerary I found it difficult to book rooms in advance so rooms in Dublin centre at short notice were prohibitively expensive. I checked online and found this hotel and it looked good, it was not the cheapest but looked really nice so I thought I’d give it a go. I am glad I did. The rooms were to a very high standard of decorTion and cleanliness. This is a four star hotel, however I have been in five-star rooms which are not as nice as this. The food was good, the restaurants looked amazing and the general way in which the Hotel projected and marketed itself was top notch. The hotel was also just off the motorway link into Dublin so it was a straight trip in the next day. This was the best value hotel I have stayed in for a while.

Impressive - fantastic staff, very handy location.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

The hotel should consider adding safety bars/rails around the interior of the swimming pool to hold on to - I got into some difficulty in the water and really struggled to catch on to the high tiles around the top. It was entirely my fault as I shouldn't have been in the deep water ( I got too brave!) but those bars would be a great safety addition.

Modern rooms, super clean and the hotel paid attention to our request to be placed in a room away from noise - it was perfect. Reception staff were wonderfully friendly and we instantly felt welcome. In fact the staff right throughout our stay were all lovely - warm smiles and very polite.

This is my second time in this hotel and I love it.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

At 5.20am what sounded like the bins being emptied started and lasted for about 15 minutes . This was very loud and woke myself and my nephew up. It was very hard to get to sleep and did put a slight negative in the stay. I can’t see why the bins could not be emptied at 8am onwards.

This is my second time in this hotel and I love it. The staff are lovely, the food is lovely and the rooms are comfy and spacious and very clean . The grounds are beautiful also.

Everything was lovely the room the food,the staff.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

We like every thing about the hotel my only criticism would be that the room was very hot at night I would have liked to be able to open the window a bit more.

Everything was lovely the room the food,the staff. I couldn't fault it.

Magical stay for my boyfriend´s birthay

The spa closes at 7

Genius deal! I couldn´t have gotten a better deal. Rooms not too big but clean and the new ones really beautiful with separate shower and batch. Very elegant. The food amazing too.

Beautiful rooms.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

There was no shower cap in my room. Hallway to the bedrooms on second floor a little bit dated.

Beautiful rooms. Beautiful restaurant and great venue for a wedding

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Food let's the hotel down
    • Deluxe Twin Bedroom

Lovely hotel really comfortable and relaxing.However the food was a big let down,Really disappointing.I did let the hotel staff know about the bar food and also at breakfast scramble eggs on both morning had a strange taste ie.. maybe a margarine taste but very unpleasant and uneatable.food was such a let down and such a pity as a fab hotel otherwise.

Decor,staff and cleanliness

Comfortable rooms.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

We had a meal in the bar on second night. Group of 10. Meals arrived a combination of cold, and delayed. 2 of party had their meal finished before the rest of us got our meal. Quality of food was disappointing too, especially the lamb. We did complain quietly after but it was clear that there was a problem. Someone should have picked up !!!

Comfortable rooms. Lovely grounds. Breakfast was good

Cannot understand why some people give bad reviews about...
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Don’t book a weekend as the hotel does weddings. The corridors at 5am were noisy as were some of the rooms. Not the hotels fault i might add but its a haven of relaxation so i would probably book a midweek break next time.

Cannot understand why some people give bad reviews about this hotel ? From the reception, spa, coach bar. Cleaners everyone were amazing and always polite.

Excellent choice for our short get away, pampered to the max.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Drink prices need reviewing but probably wont happen.

Very friendly and helpful staff, great food, drink a bit pricey. Overall a very positive experience with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Would have no difficulty returning to this hotel for another great get away.

Lovely exterior building
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

The exterior building seemed to be all that was left of the old house. The food was grand.. (toasted sandwiches for lunch were cold ) A typical run of the mill hotel.

Lovely exterior building Service was good Clean Easy to access Vegan curry on bar menu Pool was nice

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

• Deluxe Double Bedroom

No air-conditioning, windows only opened a little and it was noisy when open. The heat was on when I got to the room on a sweltering night! Rooms are shabby and not well maintained. Carpets appear well worn - the rooms need an update. Staff are not that interested in their guests.

great to escape the city
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

lady at the reception of the leisure centre was quite rude when we went down to enjoy the facilites but all other staff we encountered were very friendly

Set in a beautiful location 30 minutes from Dublin. The rooms are recently renovated and very comfortable. There were bathrobes and slippers provided in the room. The hotel has great facilities and a good choice of food and restaurants.

Bathroom was beautiful.
    • Deluxe Single Bedroom

Bed was a bit hard and was not what I booked. 2 single beds pushed together as opposed to a double bed.

Bathroom was beautiful. Towels were good quality. Rooms were spotless.

The staff were very nice and helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

There was a day two wedding party and a wedding on the night we stayed. The music was a bit loud and a few drunken guests wandering around. It's not the hotels fault but I think if we had known it was going to be that busy with weddings we wouldn't have booked.

The staff were very nice and helpful. The pool facilities were nice. The room was nice and very clean.

A nice break, but not amazing.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Unfortunately the breakfast was not good at all. Milk for cerial was borderline sour and the cooked foods just not cooked very well or tasty. Also the bed was not very comfortable room 138. So i did feel that it was overpriced for the stay given these issues and in comparison to other places have stayed previously.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. We ate in the restaurant and the food was fabulous, couldn't fault it. The service was a little bit slow, bur the staff were very friendly. The grounds are lovely for a walk around and relax.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

• Deluxe Double Bedroom

When booking they asked if we had any special request it was a birthday and an anniversary and nothing nice was done about it. It was a quite during the week night stay so there was no excuse. Just felt why ask if you aren’t going to do anything about it!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

What a wonderful place to stay
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

There was nothing that we did not like about this wonderful hotel would definitely book again

Everything was wonderful really enjoyed our stay at Johnstown est when travelling around Ireland

Overall I enjoyed my stay in Johnstown Estate. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

I reported the toilet not flushing properly in the room but it was not fixed on my return. The food was only ok!!! I went for a walk and I was disappointed to find a lovely little house with rubbish in a trough. I think with all the lovely fairy signs on the trees this could have been put to better use and could easily have brought in the fairy theme or maybe just fill with flowers.

The room was excellent. The staff in the restaurant were extremely pleasant and helpful. I went for a walk and loved the entertainment of reading all the fairy signs.

Lovely and would recommend to family/friends
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

No extraction fan in bathroom left it too steamy/hot

Breakfast is always my favourite part when I’m away and it was presented lovely but had to ask a second time for a pot of tea!

Hotel staff were more than helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Bedroom

Hotel staff were more than helpful. Every query was addressed. My husband and I went for a night away for a little break before Our baby arrives in October. Most definitely the best 4* hotel I have ever stayed at, and we will definitely be returnjng with baby next year.

Left us yearning for a return trip
    • Two-Bedroom House

Breakfast brunch was convenient, but overpriced, for us vegetarians.

Apt was above and beyond. When we called the office to ask how to turn on the A/C (record breaking heat), they broke it to us that there is no A/C and a charming maintenance man brought us 2 fans. Dinner in the pub became the measure of all Irish meals--wonderful fish, exquisite seafood chowder & our first Guiness in Ireland. The perfect welcome!