Reviews of Killashee Hotel 4 stars

#6 of 12 hotels in Naas

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

The hotel is fabulous.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was expensive. We were attending a wedding so I think rooms were at a premium. I think they could do with a little more signage for such a confusing layout.

The hotel is fabulous. It was a bit of a walk to the room and we had to go up and down a few stairs but the room was lovely. I really liked the uniqueness of the hotel. The staff were lovely and very accommodating. Food was really good. All in all very happy and I would stay again.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Exceptional Hotel, impressive grounds and architecture. Great food and spa.Can't wait to return.
    • Double or Twin Room

The History at this hotel was fascinating and I was really impressed with the information that was available. You can see the great efforts that were made to keep this building in its era and it's really one of a kind. We can't wait to return.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

A charming hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Stayed in room 302 and had the sound of a fan unit running right outside the bedroom window the whole night. The shower needs upgrading and didn't get very hot. We were expecting quite a bit more luxury in the room for the price.

The gardens and the building are beautiful. The breakfast was good. Staff were polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Room was comfy and very peaceful at night for such a busy...
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was comfy and very peaceful at night for such a busy place. Breakfast was excellent and fully stocked Staff were all very polite and down to earth.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

It was ok but have had nicer hotel stays
    • Double or Twin Room

The main bar was closed for a function the evening we went. Had to go to a bar upstairs which felt more like a reception area and had no atmosphere. The experience really was a let down because of this

I liked the food but was overpriced

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Come to Kildare for anything stay here, always upgrading and fantastic hospitality!

The hotel is far nicer than its photos portray, elegant and with so many different and exciting rooms, just like when I was at boarding school there many years before. It seems to be always upgrading and has much to offer for a countryside hotel located within walking distance from the racecourse and vibrant Naas town, the best town in Kildare. The abundance of entertainment and fine dining at the weekends is always plentiful in the hotel and the surrounding area, I traveled especially to see Christy Moore, a local Kildare legend play and it was all round a fantastic weekend. Always exceeds my expectations and more.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Very pleasant staff, good quite location but still close to...

Went for a shower at around 19.30 only to find the water was cold. Advised reception of same not sure was it looked into though?

Very pleasant staff, good quite location but still close to Dublin.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

would never return and think they are to give me back half my money
    • Double or Twin Room

Very over priced, lots of childen, old elegance not maintained, chairs in dining room literally falling apart, missing rungs, broken crossbars, padding gone. Then we started to notice similar things elsewhere. Garden very small.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Ask them what’s going on in the hotel before you stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Not sure why they accepted my booking knowing there was a wedding taking up a large part of the hotel and knowing music would be playing until 2am and drunk guests would be returning to their rooms next to ours until 3am - we got very little sleep.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Lovely overnight stay in a very warm and friendly hotel.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The rooms are down 2 wings off the main reception area, it was very confusing to get to level 2 we had to go up a level walk along then take a lift down again. It took ourselves and 2 other groups staying there some time to find the rooms.. A little more signage would go along way to helping 1st time guests to the hotel.

Breakfast options were great and good service by staff, kitchen orders were served in timely fashion. Pool changing area is very spacious and clean and tidy. Rooms spacious, with comfy beds. Follow hotel on social media for any deals in the spa linked to hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Very pleasant.

Checked in around 9pm. Staff efficient although not overly welcoming.

Great choice for breakfast. Dining staff excellent. Room immaculate, clean on arrival and redone second day to same standard.

Great family experience
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Friendly staff, very helpful, beautiful surroundings, my family loved this place and we will most definitely be back. The building is beautiful, and the gardens were amazing along with a play area for kids. We had an excellent experience here coming the whole way from Donegal.

2 nights break
    • Double or Twin Room

Spa area only has a pool and steam room which were both nice but no other facilities.

Lovely building and decor. Friendly and efficient staff. Great bar with lovely food and great service. Breakfast was good. Leisure centre was excellent. Lovely grounds. Nice big room which was comfortable and clean.

Nice hotel, friendly staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Odd that a hotel of this class has no fridge in the room. The hotel is located over many levels making navigation a challenge. Rooms were tired and in need of attention.

Very comfortable bed, friendly staff. The public spaces seem to have been recently refurbished. The spa offers a wide range of treatments. Food and drinks in the bar were good and well priced.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

I thought the spa and leisure facilities were excellent.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was a bit dated. Bath very small and didnt like the bed.

I thought the spa and leisure facilities were excellent. The breakfast was excellent as well.

Lovely hotel, grounds are beautiful and leisure facilities...
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms could do with a bit of updating. TV in quite an awkward low down position to comfortably watch in bed,

Lovely hotel, grounds are beautiful and leisure facilities excellent,

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

A great place for a weekend break with the kids!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Better pillows please! And I wish the gym and pool opened earlier in the mornings.

Breakfasts were excellent and epic! My sons loved them. There was a good selection for all tastes. It has good leisure facilities - a nice big pool, steam room and sauna and massive gym with lots of equipment. The bedroom was large - we had a family room - so two big beds and plenty of room for everyone. They had a stash of DVDs the kids could borrow and watch which was good. The gardens are lovely too with trails for the children to do.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

So relaxing.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We loved it all! The Spa was brilliant and my kids loved the play park. Food was great and service excellent. I couldn't fault anything. We will definitely return.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Really enjoyed our stay, definitely will book again
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The TV unit is not useful at all, you cant watch tv unless you are in the bed facing the TV because of the cupboard doors Was unable to use swimming pool due to classes The restaurant menu is very limited

Lovely family room, plenty of space if you travel with children Really friendly staff at breakfast Food at breakfast & dinner was beautiful Beautiful Gardens Playground & Orchard

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Comfortable, clean and excellent staff, would highly recommend and would stay again.

The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble and made our stay a very relaxed and happy occasion. The children loved it also, especially the swimming pool and gardens.

Very disappointing.
    • Double or Twin Room

Housekeeping issue reported on 3 occasions not dealt with. Photo supplied to hotel. Apologies from staff on the ground but management have yet to respond. Our stay was July/Aug..... we are almost into September.

The Grounds are beautiful.

Very disappointing. Got married there 14 years ago and we loved it but gone way downhill.

Dirty earbuds left on radiator, dirty handprint on wall of false tan, terrible smell in the hallway outside room. 3 of us in room and only 2 cups. Dirty glass in restaurant and the lift was’nt working for a while and we had a track to our room. Would not return and very disappointed.

Bed was comfy

Relaxing comfortable spacious

Good amenities and spacious comfortable rooms Lots of restaurents also locally and good location for attractions such as Kildare village , newbridge and Russborough house

Was fine but possibly wouldn’t stay there again for what I paid. Was a bit disappointed to be honest
    • Double or Twin Room

The fact I had to get into two different lifts to get to my room - also not very clear when you get in or out of the lift where your going or where you are. Also be quick in the door of the lift or it’ll close on you, whacked me while I was walking in sensors weren’t great. Check in was supposed to be at three but we couldn’t check in until after 4. I asked for large wings in the restaurant and it was more a small portion and one of the wings just had skin on it and no chicken. We were told we got an upgrade so was expecting a fancy room but it seems we just got put in a room with a double bed instead of two singles so that was a bit of a let down 🤔

Nice for families, very large hotel!

I was given a corner room, so the room was quite narrow and oddly spread out. The bathroom was a disabled bathroom so no bth and the shower head was a trickle. In the luxury spa next door, I was given a towel which was dirty on the other side. The extra €5 ‘tray charge’ was unexpected, as the room service was already quite expensive.

The bed was very comfortable, the room was quiet and I had a great rest. The hotel was very large and the gardens were beautiful!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The breakfast was lovely, loved the pancakes.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was quite a long walk from the reception due to the hotel layout. This affected us as my husband has knee problems.

The breakfast was lovely, loved the pancakes. Very clean. Lovely grounds for a wee ramble. Plenty of sesting around the hotel.

Relaxing, comformtable, friendly, easy..
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

It was all good except the hash browns were a little greasy (we have high standards for hash browns!!! :-))

It was very comfortable and a lovely place to stay. My 2 girls thoroughly enjoyed the activities in the gardens and the tasty breakfast.

Was my second time staying .
    • Double or Twin Room

When I stay in any hotel I love luxury and comfort . I was disappointed that I didn’t get night gowns in the room as the previous time I stayed we did . I know it a small silly thing but sometimes it’s the little things you look forward to .

Was my second time staying . Hotel is fab . Bar food and breakfast is lovely and the strawberry daiquiris are even nicer 😊

I just want to thank the management and staff for such great hospitality. Keep up the good work.

I liked everything nothing negative at all.

The staff were very polite and helpful and always smiling. The property is in such a nice quite place, I would really come again. Everything was so perfect and I have already recommended to my family and friends.

Great location great facilities. Wil be back with grandchildren soon

Nothing to complain about

Room huge .Grandchildren delighted want to come back and stay longer. loved the pool and the choice at the buffet breakfast

Staff were pleasant but I thought the waiting staff were a...
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were pleasant but I thought the waiting staff were a little disorganised. No-one came and asked us whether we wanted tea or coffee at breakfast and when the bottle of wine we asked for was not available for dinner, the staff couldn't offer any recommendations. Wine menu could also be a little better with more choice on better / more expensive wines.

Fun fiilled and relaxing stay for family with young children.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The hotel was ideal for our family break, three young children loved the fairy forest, butterfly trail and playpark. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Lots of space in the grounds of the hotel and in the hotel itself for our children to chill out in public areas. It had a real family feel to it. The treats for you discount card meant we got into the Irish Stud for half price which was a lovely surprise.

The leisure centre/pool is large and well appointed.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bike parking is very close to reception but it's small, uncovered and is of the wheel-holding type that you need to get down on your knees to securely use. It could also damage your gears. We weren't told that the leisure centre was closing early because it was a bank holiday Monday. The view out our window was of a car park.

The leisure centre/pool is large and well appointed. Beds are very comfy. Gardens and old house are nice for a walk around. The hotel is nicely decorated. Naas is a surprisingly good cycle-touring destination with plenty off road paths and quiet back roads to cycle on.

Beautiful setting
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

One of the elevators was not working when we were there...very difficult to bring luggage up and down the stairs. First floor rooms were difficult to find at first as you have to go to the 3rd floor then take an elevator down to the 1rst floor.

Beautiful, spacious building surrounded by lush gardens. I enjoyed the breakfast very much.

Room very spacious , facilities within the room very good ,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Menu in Restaurant very limited in selection of Food available , overpriced for what you get. Hotel seems to operate on minimum of staff as seating areas and side sitting rooms had dirty dishes and glasses left unchecked for sometime. While I understand the Hotel is trying retain an old world style in certain parts , it still requires a certain amount of care .

Room very spacious , facilities within the room very good , Beds very comfortable . Breakfast very good selection and dinning area very well set out , staff very attentive. Grounds and gardens very well maintained, very good parking . Reception staff very friendly and helpful .o

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Bedrooms are quiet a trek from reception, we had to get two lifts. No air con in bedrooms so it was very warm

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are large and comfortable and breakfast was very good. Bistro serves very nice food but is busy so prebooking is required.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The territory is very beautiful, the main building is...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Unfortunately, the wedding, which was celebrated that day at the hotel, bothered us with its music until 2 am. Also the room was stuffy. I wish there was an air conditioner or an opportunity to open the window wider.

The territory is very beautiful, the main building is amazing, as well as the garden and children playground. Since we left early, we were brought a pre-ordered delicious and varied breakfast in the room.

Very pleasant other than restaurant
    • Double or Twin Room

The main restaurant served a medium well steak extremely well done, even though no starter was had or desert they charged €45 for the stand alone steak dinner, which was poor

No air conditioning in the bedrooms.

No air conditioning in the bedrooms. Breakfast very poor, burnt pancakes, clumps of bacon. Bargain yogurts, poor fruit offering. No coco pops for the kids

Would absolutely recommend this hotel for lots of reasons.

We had a couple of elderly family members and the lift situation and location of bedrooms was a bit of a challenge for them. We would have liked if the bar area was separate to the Bistro. Bar was very full when we went in there and we had to leave as it all felt a bit disjointed.

Nice comfortable seating areas throughout the hotel. Playground was exceptional, best I've seen anywhere in Ireland. Gym was very well equipped with plenty of everything. Pool looked lovely. Staff on reception and throughout hotel were welcoming, helpful and efficient.

Lovely place to stay.

Rooms were lovely and spacious, I love the peacefulness of the place as I have a very hectic work life so it was a complete pleasure to relax without traffic passing my window. Beautiful gardens for a stroll around.

• Double or Twin Room

Restaurant, room location not what requested, iron broken in room, no air con, no DVD player,

Extremely disappointed by the whole experience. It’s been over a decade since myself n husband had a night away as we’ve two children with autism. Restaurant was poor, issues with bill being overcharged n manager was very rude. Room wasn’t comfortable n not what I booked, I asked for ground floor. When we arrived we got told complimentary upgrade but that meant three flights on stairs n I’ve fibromyalgia so I’m now taking pain relief as I’m in flare up. Glasses n cups on stairs from the whole time we stayed. Because of restaurant experience everything else just added into an overall disappointing trip. I would not recommend

Amazing hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

would have been nice to have better selection of food for evening time we arrived in the evening no sandwiches etc, also quite warm rooms could do with a fan

Beautiful hotel in a fab location lovely gardens, amazing room and facilities

Great location for a girls’ weekend
    • Double or Twin Room

One small point but the bedrooms were incredibly warm. Fan was provided but didn’t make a big difference

Nice food, great location and excellent live music in the bar

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

It was just ok would not go back
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Not child friendly to get to bedroom on 2nd floor you had to go to 3rd first and then down. To 2 nd bathroom door wouldn't close not great variety of fruit for breakfast or bread hotel very dated it was just ok would not go back

Beds were comfortable lovely gardens play area for children

Loved this hotel, wonderful gardens and playgrounds for the kids.

Was a little taken aback when asked to pay for my cappuccino at breakfast 😳

Staff, bistro, food, rooms were excellent. Got a little dizzy trying to find our way around but fun all the same.

Very little to recommend about this hotel.

20 minute queue for breakfast. When eventually seated the service was awful. Buffet offering was poor to say the least.

Very little to recommend about this hotel. Very disappointing.

Comfortable but not amazing
    • Double or Twin Room

The lady on reception wasn't very friendly, no smiles. The restaurant menu seemed a bit expensive and would've preffered to have option rather than the 45 set menu. Went with the bistro instead. Found it a little expensive for the b&b rate, have paid less for a higher standard. Would probably go back if it was on special offer.

Bed was very comfy, shower had good pressure and perfect temperature, hotel wasn't too hot despite it being July. Really enjoyed relaxed dinner in the bistro. Decent drinks menu and a good buzz about the place. Swimming pool and changing rooms nice and clean, nice pre breakfast.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The location, room and gardens were lovely.
    • Double or Twin Room

The food was a little disappointing and breakfast was a let down, we felt the whole experience was a little over rated

The location, room and gardens were lovely.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Relaxing romantic break for our 35th wedding anniversary
    • Double or Twin Room

Only thing was that we were there at the weekend and the leisure centre closed at 6.45pm which was early as we’ve weren’t back until 6ish each day

The attention to detail. The chef in the bistro was more than accommodating for me on my yeast, gluten, wheat free diet. He also made us a lovely ‘Happy anniversary’ written on the plate at the end of our dinner with chocolate dipped honeycomb, fruit and flowers. The staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble. I asked if they had gluten free cornflakes for breakfast, which they didn’t have but had Rice Krispies gluten free. The next day there was gluten free cornflakes. I give the hotel 5 stars and there is a butterfly and a fairy garden for children. Every day there was a wedding which didn’t interrupt our relaxing stay. They were at another area of the hotel. Definitely recommended.

Secret garden
    • Double or Twin Room

Confusing layout ....Need to go to second floor to go to 3rd etc...Tough after a few pints

The sense of accomplishment after finding my room. Great grounds and staff also

Rooms were quite spacious and spotless clean.

Room was very warm at night even with window wide open. Layout of the hotel a bit confusing having to go up to the 3rd floor in the lift to go back down to the bedrooms on the 1st floor.

Rooms were quite spacious and spotless clean.

An enjoyable stay - nice location - beautiful weather - would have liked tastier food for a 4 star h
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The couch bed in other room was uncomfortable & had no quilt -floor dirty under the bed -mirror in big bedroom needed positioning. Disappointed with dinner - very bland - expensive limited choices for breakfast - no beans - not enough fruit choices - limited number of croissants - didn’t get one.

The queen bed in the suite was very comfy. We got an upgrade which gave us privacy & a lot of extra space

Overall was a lovely weekend

Our rooms were located on the second floor in the newer part of the hotel. This requires taking a lift to the third floor...walking along third floor to a different lift which takes you down to the second floor again!! There were elderly people in my group who found this difficult and confusing.

Beautiful hotel in beautiful surroundings. Staff very helpful and breakfast great

Fab girlie break
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were difficult enough to find. Up one lift, down in another lift but that can't be helped as its an old building

The rooms were really big and comfortable

Staff we’re lovely, especially the Bistro manager who was...

The rooms are quite plain. I was expecting a little more for such a beautiful hotel. The Bisto menu is limited which is a pity.

Staff we’re lovely, especially the Bistro manager who was extremely helpful and friendly. Food was good value for money.

The buding, the setting and the gardens were superb
    • Double or Twin Room

The food in the evening was much the same as any standard bar food anywhere in Ireland. This was in the Bisyro as the main dining room only opens in the evening on a Friday and Saturday. Breakfast was excellent.

The buding, the setting and the gardens were superb

not the usual high standard we have come to expect with the Kilashee. It appeared that management ha

dirty sealant in bathroom, very poor restaurant menu, gardens full of empty glasses dirty ashtrays even in late evening from the previous nights receptions.

location was excellent helpful desk staff and polite pleasant breakfast staff

Pure pleasure and we felt transported into a world of pure opulence

Being really picky here but the choice of TV channels were quite limited. But then again who watches TV when on holiday!

We liked the sophistication and classic elegance of the Kilashee Hotel

The complimentary room upgrade was superb.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was very very warm.

The complimentary room upgrade was superb. The playground on the grounds was brilliant for our little girl. Staff were very friendly

Staff were excellent, food was great particularly the...

Bit dated in places, painting windows at front would give a better first impression. Could do with some music in the bar.

Staff were excellent, food was great particularly the breakfast. Gardens were brilliant for kids and adults alike. Lots of different places throughout the property to relax.

Christmas Gift
    • Double or Twin Room

Don’t have any negative comments to share!

Bought as a gift for my grandparents, they have frequently visited Kilashee and love the area and hotel. Very clean, comfortable rooms.

Beautiful grounds, complimentary bikes to take out.

The Spa was a bit of a jaunt and going through the through the lobby with wet hair after the Spa was a little uncomfortable. (there was a lovely wedding going on when I was there)

Beautiful grounds, complimentary bikes to take out.

Stayed for my brothers wedding.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Hotel layout was a little confusing ...had to take two lifts to get to room but other than that everything was superb!

Stayed for my brothers wedding. Booked a family room for two adults and two children which was a wonderful size. Staff, food, service were excellent. I actually could not fault hotel at all. I will definitely return!

Attended a concert in Croke Park and stayed here for the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Attended a concert in Croke Park and stayed here for the night. 40mins away from Croke Park(I didn’t mind the drive as it suited me) Very straight forward drive as used the motorway and great location with a feel of countryside. Staff were lovely. Food was gorgeous too. Will stay again.

There is no air conditioning in any of the rooms!
    • Double or Twin Room

There is no air conditioning in any of the rooms!! In the middle of a heat wave, we were stuck in west-facing bedrooms with no air conditioning, and only a small window that only opened 4 inches, so there was zero air circulation!

Old school weekend.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not a lot. Lovely rooms bit of travelling to the wheelchair accessible bedroom. Function room noise was quite audible while trying g to sleep

Magnificent buildings and gardens. Staff excellent. Plenty of comfortable seating areas.

Fancy weekend away from your hectic schedule???

The Staff could do a lot more when it comes to Customer Service from Reception to Fine Dining Staff. Plus the room is too hot that I have to request for a fan as no air conditioning system. For a 4 Star Hotel, I expected more from this place.

The Hotel is really nice with so many great features to boast for. Also the food is so delicious & really a good compliments to the Chef.

We were there for a wedding food was lovely and service was...
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms were very far away from reception with up in lifts and down in lifts my husband has slight mobility issues so was a long walk for him..

We were there for a wedding food was lovely and service was friendly and prompt

Great size room , food was great and facilities kept...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Great size room , food was great and facilities kept everyone busy. The added extras of the butterfly garden forest trail, playground and indoor playroom were added bonuses. Will definitely come back here again soon

Lovely breakfast, and if wanted you could order direct from...
    • Double or Twin Room

No Aircon in the room.....meant for a warm night but was able to open the window which did help.

Lovely breakfast, and if wanted you could order direct from the kitchen via the on-table menu. Very busy room but well scheduled and tables made ready in good time.

Cute hotel outside of Dublin

Rooms are warm. No outlets in bathrooms. The food in the bistro restaurant was not that great.

The grounds and buildings were beautiful. Great breakfast. Comfortable beds. Great staff, super friendly.

Really lovely.

Well I thought the changes in The Bistro Resturant/Bar not good They need to be separate a little .It was impossible to hold a conversation while eating with the very loud noise at the bar area..This was not just one night .It would be good to have a Bar / lounge separate from Resturant that if one wanted just a drink one could relax with same or before going into resturant for meal . The bathrooms need updating/ refurbishing . Lots of marks around bath ,shower/ glass shower door.

I had stayed in Killashee House Hotel befor so that was why I wanted to return.I was very pleased to see all the improvements they had made especially for Families and children .The grounds are fabulous . Loved the Butterfly Garden and of course the spa / treatments are all there.Food great and opening times of restaurants very good.

Lovely hotel with friendly staff.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Beautiful hotel. The staff were so friendly and helpful in all areas of the hotel. The grounds were absolutely stunning and having children there was plenty to do. Room was massive for a family of 4. Would definitely recommend.

Will go back again

Second time back and still love it, Great food in both bar and resturant, love the old charm of the resturant. Staff are lovely and very helpfull. Had my teenage daughers with me and even they were impressed !!