Reviews of Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort 4 stars

Dublin Road, Trim, Ireland

#7 of 15 hotels in Trim

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

The hairdryer didn’t work in our room,(number 338) the tv signal was very poor and kept jumping while trying to watch a movie and there were no robes in the room to relax in after the pool.

The staff were friendly, and the swimming pool was great fun for our little girl.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

The staff were terrible. We were made to feel unwelcome. The food was below average and the service in the restaurant was embarrassing.

The hotel looks amazing

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

All good for what I used, be prepared for a little time loss for traffic if driving on to Dublin during rush times. make sure to ask for a room with a view, nothing pleasant about the pipe-works and industrial view from my room.

Stayed here before and was delighted to say it had improved. The hotel is situated 10 to 15 drive from M3 to Dublin and good if visiting either the city but want quietness or if going locally to heritage sites in Trim, Navan, Meath. Also good for family trips to Tayto Park or for general golfing etc. I stayed for business and it has good comfort, cleanliness etc. I didn't venture into the restaurant because the last visit they couldn't accommodate my diet and it was an embarrassing disaster in such an establishment, so opted out of that this time so can't comment on improvements etc. I did have breakfast which was better than the last time in terms of customer service (with a smile) and selection - vegetarian options. Plenty of fruits, cereals, etc. and scope to build your breakfast around your diet. So no problems there. Good atmosphere in the breakfast room. Unfortunately yet again didn't get a chance to use the recreational facilities but maybe next time. The reception staff were polite, efficient and helpful, directing me to everything available and asking if I needed further assistance. Great wifi and pleasant luxury in the room. Bed was brilliantly comfortable! Unfortunately the room itself was overlooking the workings of the boiler systems/conditioning and quite industrial but was there on work and booked at last minute but still, it's not a great view.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Staff not overly friendly seemed busy but that’s no excuse. No towels in swimming pool had to go back to room to fetch one .or pay a Euro really are things this bad ?

Clean and comfortable rooms

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Smell of cigarette smoke coming in the room from outside somehow even though doors closed.. bar menu only average enough and pricey. Sauna and steam room wasn’t working right in lesiure centre.

Lovely place. I Would definitely stay again, staff were brilliant, Lesuire Centre was nice and well laid out. Lovely area and hotel is nice big open place. Golf course was beautiful.

• Deluxe Double with Golf View (2 adults)

Food is overpriced for what you get and doesn’t come as described on menu. Ate in the bar on two occasions first time I ordered the potato skins starter which was supposed to come with avocado and sour cream, there was no sour cream and the avocado was basically from a bottle. Second occasion I ordered the chowder with the Guinness bread,!it arrived with no Guinness bread and in its place a slice of bread from a sliced pan, at €7.95 I at least expected to get what I ordered how a chef can send out a slice of bread with chowder baffles me, no care for detail.

Rooms are really great value for money

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Waited for 15minutes to check in. Waited 45minutes in bar for food to arrive. Bed very uncomfortable one person moves whole bed moves. Breakfast missing alot

Staff were pleasant

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Absolutely nothing. Staff were rude, no help whatsoever. We’re annoyed that the hotel was booked through booking.com - told us it was our fault when they couldn’t find our breakfast payment.

Detail missing. Ostentatious entrance, but run down room. Hallways smell stale, no fridge, no water bottles, no aircon. Dirty patio outside room. Chipped furniture and paintwork. Not as clean as it should be.too much furniture in room, leaving little choice for 2 suitcases, and they moved our stuff around. Finally found the hairdryer after going through all the drawers. Some staff friendly, others not so much

Good sized bathroom

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

The service was so slow and when we were ordering drinks two of the bar girls were standing there talking and just ignored myself and my husband

The hotel and rooms were beautyful

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

The view from my room (there was no view I was looking out at domestic motors or something like that ,very disappointed.

Food was excellent restaurant staff were very helpful & pleasant

• Deluxe Family Room

Lack of communication between staff led to problems regarding rooms we booked as wedding attendees. Tried to charge some people extra. WiFi was weak in certain areas.

The view was nice. It was quiet. Very clean.

• Deluxe Double with Golf View (2 adults)

The Hotel is in the middle of a housing estate! If you are looking for a rural retreat then you do not want to be looking across the carpark to a sea of roofs and gardens. Although the golf view is nice, the actual gardens you can walk in are very small

The breakfast was good and the golf course view is worth paying the extra. Housekeeping staff were very good and professional

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

a little slow on the desk at check in but helpful when dealing with issues

staff were very helpful food very nice room was clean and spacious would haveno problem going back

The tv's hdmi didn't work as and when I rang reception they sent up two people who didn't know what they were doing and we're very cheeky and unprofessional. Was not worth the price I paid.

Yeah rooms were fairly comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

2 Small bottles of water in the room.

The hotel reception and staff were very friendly and helpful on arrival. The room was very comfortable overall a very good experience. The food in the Bar in the evening was excellent .

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

We stayed there last Friday and Saturday on arivle the reception staff where so welcoming very acomadating we where even able to check in 2 hours early . The first day we say out the back with a wonderful view of a stunning golf course we had a small bite to eat then we had drinks and a wonderful and very helpful young man ruaidhri servied us and I have to say he pulled a perfect pint of Heineken he continued to look after us for the weekend lovely young man with grate potensial thank you for making our stay young man We will most definitely be back soon Thank you all

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

1) Dirty dishes in room. When shown dirty glass in our room, cleaning staff apologized and said we dirtied the glass the day before. That's not what we expected to hear. At a 4 Star Hotel, a person would think that the cleaning staff would have their trolley cart supplied with clean dishes from dishwasher, not swiped with cloth in room. 2) View from our room was onto a balcony with used cigarette butts tossed out onto. One would think if this was a 4 Star Hotel in a non-smoking hotel, one would think that the cleaning staff would check the rooms balcony for cleanliness prior to next customers. 3) Loose Carpets, as we rolled our luggage in & out of our room, we could see how the loose carpet was bulging under the suitcases wheels. 4) Bath Robes packaged slippers; Other 4 Star Hotels we've stayed at always have a bathrobe/slippers, Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort did not.

The bed and blankets (pillows) were comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

I could not fault the property. The only negative was the rowdy bunch of people in the bar. They got louder and louder and louder and they were all approx 40 years old and upwards 😞

It was spotless clean, beds were very comfortable and food was fabulous

• Deluxe Double with Golf View (2 adults)

No baby pool in the spa resort, had to go out were children learning swim, parents with there young children, too many stairs to get to locations, no privacy to relax in pool areas!

Food was fabulous, view was amazing.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Room was standard, kids lessons in the pool one after the other so couldn't get time in the pool also parents waiting on seats at the pool so couldn't relax wasn't worth the money I've paid much cheaper for other hotels and they were better

Staff was friendly food was beautiful

• Deluxe Twin Room

A bit dissappointed that Spa was fully booked up when we enquired about treatments and that relaxation facilities in spa were unavailable unless we had an appt.We had really looked forward to chilling in the spa area as part of our w'end plan so this dissappointed us. As well, attitude of staff in Spa area was a bit abbrupt in telling us this!

Overall atmosphere was very good and hotel was exactly what we needed for a relaxing weekend away with friends for a catchup. Breakfas was excellent and we had dinner in the restaurant which was also fabulous.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Comfortable bed and large rooms. Shower very powerful and breakfast was very nice. Staff were very nice and helpful with all enquiries and couldnt do enough to help.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Waited 1 full hour between ordering meal and receiving it in the rococo restaurant - I understand it was a Saturday evening but there was only 3/4 tables of people so business couldn’t have been an issue. Steak was well done not medium. And food a little over priced. Staff were apologetic however.

Super clean room, and very friendly check in staff. we were upgraded to a room with a view over golf course which was fab! Nice bar and terrace area, swimming facilities good. Breakfast very good, lots on offer.

Leaving room 320

It was for a special birthday and they gave us a room with a such a beautiful view,chocolates & bottles of water. The girls on the desk were very pleasant. And the breakfast & bar food was great.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Fabulous room and balcony. We were upgraded to suite which was out of this world. Fabulous bed and lovely staircase to mezzanine area. Great bathroom with super shower and tv over bath!! Gorgeous breakfast.

The noise , the restutaunt

I love knightsbrook however we always find it very noisy at night. I was awake during the night due to a couple having an argument outside our door. Other than this is fab and the pool is amazing I love the jacuzzi. Also we ate in the restutaunt and our food took an hour and a half to come and no manager apologized there was one very nice staff member and he kept saying sorry and he was embarrassed for the delay.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Food from room service wasn’t great and at breakfast I was sat at a table in front of a cabinet where the staff go to replenish cutlery constantly which was really annoying and not a place where you can relax and enjoy your breakfast. Hotel rooms are quite dated and could do with an update.

Staff were pleasant.

• Deluxe Single Room

I’d stay here last year and I thought the breakfast was choices were better. What I personally would have liked was scrambled eggs and hash browns ,Instead of fry.

The room was very well appointed for a single . The bed was very comfortable. There was a nice seating area in the room and a balcony with seats overlooking the golf coarse . The speed of the free broadband in the room was over 30mb

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

The tea always tastes a little off. The armchairs in the bedroom were not comfortable. The sausages were not good, the rest of the breakfast was fine. Breakfast staff were lovely.

Slippers provided when requested. Big comfortable lobby. Reading areas.

• Deluxe Triple Room

We were unable to book table to eat in bar yet other groups ( golfers ) could. Double standard When tables became available 5 of us were expected to squeeze around a table for 4 and staff took offense when we objected Meal service bed had less food than the same meal at the table beside us. When we complained bill was slightly reduced Ordered and charged for 2 teas@€7.50. Only one teabag in small teapot Overall made feed like second class customers even though paying full prices

Location comfort

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

All very good, room was too warm and I couldn't adjust the radiator and had the thermostat at its lowest.

The food was excellent and the service was great.

• Deluxe Triple Room

They do not have an Electric Vehicle charge point. Most establishments now have it, it will be much handier for me if they install one.

My bed was extra comfy

• Deluxe Twin Room

Staff very rude and not helpful besides one guy serving in the bar he was brilliant! Treated me and my friend very badly when checking in I wasn't told breakfast times or where anything was but the couple who checked in before me got all that information. Because I wasn't in my 50's I wasn't treated the same.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Great night stay, the room was lovely and had a great night sleep and I enjoy the breakfast lots of different options which was nice but overall pleasant stay

• Deluxe Twin Room

Didn't like the pillows or the fact the pool was over run with children. Also had an extremely loud neighbour partying at night which nothing was done about.

Room was nice and spacious and the facilities were very good, for example the bar and the food

• Deluxe Twin Room

The Price of food in swifts bar was very expensive and the food not great.4 main dishes of mushroon pie,2 kids meals ,2 pints of smithwicks, 2 bottles of coors light & 4 7up's came to €105. Prices need to drop as its bar food your ordering not fine dining during the afternoon.

Rooms, lobby swimming pool.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

We stayed in knightsbrook during Storm Emma when we had difficulty getting home, and the staff were so kind and looked after us so well. Our room was lovely and spacious.

Notting everything was brilliant

Traveled with friends and family for my partners birthday had an amazing time hotel and staff were brilliant very welcoming

Price of room

Hotel was lovely, breakfast was lovely, reception staff were lovely. Our room was €190 which was very expensive as other people we were with only paid €119, why was there such a difference in rate for the same rooms?

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

The room service food wasn’t the best quality. The food we received was not the food described on the room service menu.

The staff were always very kind and friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

I couldn’t fault the hotel.

We were lucky enough to be upgraded to the Bridal Suite so that was a lovely surprise! The staff were super friendly and very accommodating. We also got treatments in the Spa which were amazing and the Thermal Spa itself was very clean and relaxing.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

The bed side lamps were a little awkward with the switch on the bulb holder. Most hotels now have either a switch on the cable or a switch built into the headboard which is much easier to use and is less likely to lead to the lamp accidentally being knocked over during the night

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Not being able to sleep!!

A room with no access to another room !! It seemed at times there were twenty people in the Room adjoining ours who did not need sleep Thereby making sure we got NO sleep either.! Our room number was 321 on Sunday 21st January 2018. We reported same to staff. I would not stay in such a room in future. Yours sincerely Joan & Ray Campbell

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Only issue was the staff in swifts pub. Ordered drinks that never arrived and gave our food to another table. Other people waiting over and hour for theirs. Very poor staff but everywhere else in the hotel was great

Nice, clean, comfortable, quiet

• Deluxe Twin Room

The hotel was busy but really short staffed. Waited half an hour for the starter of our meal and then 40 minutes for the main course for our dinner on the 1st January. The heating in the rooms was on all night which made our sleep really uncomfortably warm.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Jacuzzi was out of order. Had to wait an hour to use restaurant as it was privately booked. Room service was appalling, Penne Pasta was supposed to be with vegetables, parmesan cheese and basil pesto but arrived barely warm in terrible condition as seen in pictures. Afternoon tea was not available although upon check in we were informed it was. Waited over an hour for staff to assist us as our safe was not working.

It was a nice relaxing room.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Bed was 2 single beds pushed together kept parting in middle. The jacuzzi wasn't working. Didn't like driving through an estate to get to the hotel which is located in the middle of an estate

The staff were lovely food excellent

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

The menu in the restaurant was very bad. There is little to no phone signal/WiFi signal in the hotel. The bar staff need re training at 1 point I stood at the bar for 30 mins waiting to be served and the bar wasn’t busy at all.

The room was big and spacious

• Three-Bedroom House

We had a house and there was no soap in the upstairs bathrooms dispensers,the single bed matresses were lumpy and uncomfortable and when my friend went up for a bath she noticed dirt under the bathmat that hadnt been cleaned probabley from the people before us and my friend found a hair in her food in the bar but the manager did accomadate us with a free meal for this.

Beautiful facilities but pool was small and full of children,not enough room to swim and swimming lessons were going on aswell

• Deluxe Twin Room

Room was very spacious...we had a cute little balcony for the smokers amongst us too which was handy. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Hotel not as fancy as the pictures made out to be online. Nice views though and clean room. Very much a family older couple stay away. But overall good.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Swimming pool was great but usually busy with swimming lessons.

Good base for visiting the Boyne river and there are lovely walks around the area of Trim/Navan.

• Three-Bedroom House

The staff could have been friendlier and more helpful. They seemed to lack direction and customer service skills.

The bed was comfy and house was nice, the hotel was beautiful and grounds were well kept. The food was very good, I would recommend the bar food.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

The pool was not what I expected for a resort like this - it doubles as a public pool, with swimming lessons, so it’s not somewhere you can lounge and relax.

Reception area was beautiful to sit in and the food was delicious!!

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

for a supposed luxury hotel, some of the fixtures and fittings look like they were purchased from lidl or aldi 15 years ago - could really do with being replaced.

very spacious rooms, lovely food (one of the best breakfasts Ive ever had)

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

WiFi was poor. Phone reception was poor. At breakfast there were not pastries left. This was at 10am. Breakfast was just ok.

Staff were very friendly. We did not have a booking in the restaurant but we were accomadated as we were residents.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Nothing to dislike about the whole experience

Excellent service and value for money. Staff are first class and very friendly and pleasant. We will be definitely be happy to come back for another visit

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

NO WIFI!!! network in the hotel and phone coverage is very poor, I was hoping to work on the Friday but could only got WiFi in one location of the hotel. Not WiFi or coverage in rooms or bar. Ideal if you want a weekend away with no one calling or communicating with you but not ideal for me.

Lovely hotel, very nice staff, good size room with great room service. Would recommend and stay again.

• Deluxe Triple Room

There was a wedding in the venue on the night that we stayed in the hotel. It was very noisy that night as we were beside the lift and people from the wedding were a little rowdy on their way to their rooms We had someone trying to access our room in the early hours and a couple having a full blown row later on next door around 6.30am.

The room was very comfortable and spacious and the breakfast in the morning was superb.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Had a lovely time relaxing in the thermal suite. Really enjoyed the bar food for dinner and entertainment provided that night. Breakfast was gorgeous. Overall a very enjoyable experience. Will be back again

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Someone above us vomited over the railing onto our balcony so we couldnt use it as we didnt notice till late evening we reported it next morning bit of a bummer looking forward to view out over golf course

Nice staff lovely place

• Deluxe Triple Room

Found the drink very expensive

Everything....the staff were very friendly..the food was delicious.. the bedroom was lovely and comfortable.. balcony great... beautiful decor..

• Deluxe Twin Room

I couldn't stay longer and enjoy the spa facilities as I had work comments looking forward to my return some day.....

The room had a beautiful balcony. the beds were super comfy and the bath was a juzzuci bath which I could really enjoy as I'm a tall girl (5ft 10). All the staff was very welcoming and pleasant.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

37 weeks pregnant- Noise was horrendous @ night from weddings. Came for a relaxing break, not to be kept awake half of the night. Wifi didnt work until 4 pm on the Saturday- called numerous times to reception. Went for spa treatment on the saturday.. After treatment I went to use the pool, upon going to the desk I was asked did I have my towel and had reaslised I had left it in the spa. Was told to go and get it and come back to use the pool. Spa was 3 flights of stairs up so decided against going back up those again (being 37 weeks pregnant) and gave the pool a miss. Such a let down this hotel turned out to be!

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

in this day and age I feel having a wet room rather than a bath/shower would be more convienient.

The room was huge for a double room and we had our own balcony, I am over 6 ft tall and could lay on the bed any way without touching the sides/ends. Excellent staff and the food/music was amazing.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

was too warm in the room, wasnt sure how to make it cooler maybe instructions would help how to control the temperature in the room.

the room was amazing with huge balcony

• Deluxe Single Room

The hotel does not have any real character. The food is only fair and the service left a lot to be desired.

Nothing really impressed me about this hotel which I understand is currently for sale.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Despite reserving a twin room, we were allocated one of the many "house" format accommodations surrounding the main hotel building. One bedroom was downstairs and there were more rooms upstairs. We only discovered on returning to the house late at night that the upstairs rooms were locked. The night watch staff at reception could not help us and said we had to pay more for access to the upstairs rooms. Our reservation specified a midday checkout the next day. Despite this, housekeeping woke us at 10am knocking on our door asking us to check out. During checkout the staff at reception were made aware that we did not get the number of beds we paid for or the checkout time we paid for. While acknowledging they had let us down on both counts, they offered no recompense whatsoever. None of the many "houses" on site offer WiFi. In the main hotel building where WiFi is offered in the public areas, it is very close to useless. Despite strong signal devices take forever and multiple attempts to connect to the network, and once connected, data/traffic rates are abysmally slow, simple websites timeout or fail to load correctly. This is 2017 in Ireland - I can get good quality WiFi internet connections in 4 dollar hostels in rural areas of the developing world only reachable by unsurfaced roads!

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Huge cobweb in bedroom. Early bird menu in restaurant poor.. duck very dry and rice was stuck together. Breakfast pre cooked so everything dry and over cooked ..tea and coffee pre made in flasks .. wedding on in hotel . So very noisy at night. Very disappointing stayed only one night

The bedroom was clean, bed comfy .

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

For the price not worth it's value had horrible time with noisy neighbours making noise all night and never confronted by staff

Bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. An excellent breakfast with French press coffee. We had to leave early one morning, but Peter made sure breakfast was ready.

• Deluxe Double Room with Single Bed

Bar in hotel was closed to non wedding goers. Not a big fan of breakfast buffet. It's s big hotel and very busy in the morning for breakfast. Again if your up early this won't be a problem.

Wedding on, and they kept wedding guests to 1st floor which meant we didn't hear any noise late at night. Pool was busy all the time unless you are willing to get up early. Staff were nice, helpful and friendly. We did the tour of Trim castle which was excellent. Plenty of local restaurants.

• Deluxe Triple Room

The staff were amazing, they went out of there way for us, and were so friendly and helpful. Would hightly recommend this hotel om the staff and customer service.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Staff were absolutely fabulous really friendly and eager to please nothing was too much for them always making sure we were ok and happy with everything. Food in the hotel bar/restaurant was great and we ate there every night the staff were just brill so accommodating. Location of Hotel was very central Dublin a stone throw away and loads of places to visit and things to do within 20/25mins of the Hotel would recommend a stay here