Reviews of Lawlors Hotel 3 stars

Bridge Street, Dungarvan, Ireland

#18 of 19 hotels in Dungarvan

• Family Room

Room not up to expectations...in need of cleaning..dust on picture frames and grubby duvet which we asked to have changed which was done by staff

Convenient location

The poor room facilities and the breakfast was almost inedible.

Room was outdated and uncomfortable. The beds were small and antiquated and the pillows were well passed their shelf life. The walls were paper thin, allowing me to listen to my neighbors conversing until 5am!

Breakfast was only average . Walls in bed room's were paper thin could hear conversations going on in room next door. No air con so windows left open onto busy road .

The Irish breakfast was reheated There were a lot of steps after use the elevator The bed was ok, but not specially comfortable

The location is perfect, Dungarvan is nice place with plenty of restaurant offers The parking backwards the hotel Quiet place Good shower Powerful electric light in the room Really good curtains to avoid sun light in the morning Fruit in the breakfast

The stairs and public areas were in need of hoovering. The bedroom was not cleaned in a while as there was a glass fell in behind the bedside locker and it seemed to have been there sometime. The shower cubicle was so shabby and the soap holder still had old soap stuck to it. The wash hand basin had a crack. Also the window was filthy. We were very disappointed with the room and the fact that there was no bath for to soak our muscles after our long cycle.

The staff were very helpful. The food in the bar was good as was the breakfast. The location of the hotel was excellent.

It was a small thing really, but when I asked two young girls talking behind for a glass of water, I had to wait till they finished, then one pointed at a jug, and said , over there.made me feel in the way.

The cleanliness , the comphy bed, the view, the amount of comfortable seating in the lobby, no need for the car everything is in walking distance.

The breakfast was not good. I felt extremely rushed even though I was down in plenty of time. I could not eat the light meal. It looked like it was sitting around for hours. Not one thing appealing about the whole thing. Just ate toast and marmalade. I think the breakfast should be way better than that for the price and the big deal about food these days.

The hotel was central and car could be parked safely. Room comfortable. Staff were friendly.

Got the impression from website that hotel was on the seafront which it is not!!

Car park was crowded and unsecure.Our room was a little dated and backed on to some dwellings or rooms behind us where people were shouting etc until 2AM.

Restaurant decor

All staff so nice, great reception lady, breakfast staff and dinner and breakfast food excellent just thought restaurant bit bland and not muc atmosphere could do woth brightening up

My room was on the top floor by the lift and I was repeatedly woken up by the sound of the lift machinery. Had I not arrived so late, I would have asked to change rooms. The room had suffered water damage and areas of the ceiling and wall paper were badly stained. The décor was very dated (in stark contrast to the ground floor) and the furniture was old. At breakfast, I had to wait 10 minutes for a member of staff to appear and when the food arrived, it was not what I ordered.

Hotel had a great location, and parking was available. A good breakfast was included.

The room was exceedingly warm esp for April. Felt like a sauna but the heating wasn't on. The cooked breakfast was stale and over cooked both mornings.

The location was excellent

Our room was incredibly hot, even keeping the window wide open didn’t help much. There was a very strong smell in our room. We flagged with staff and the solution they provided was to leave an air freshener outside our door. Disappointing!!

Location was great

Nothing to dislike.

Located just a minute's walk from the harbour and the town centre, it has its own car park. Our room had a view of the harbour and a four-poster bed! The full Irish breakfast is superb. We ate dinner in the restaurant one evening and the food was first class. All the staff were friendly and very, very helpful, nothing was too much trouble.

There was nothing we could complain about

Very comfortable beds and rooms very clean staff excelant very helpful and froendly excelent food in there dining room and v good breakfast

Bad bar food. Room walls are paper thin and functions can go on all night - didnt sleep a wink. No hot water. Staff didnt even ask if stay was ok on checkout.

Good location.

The wine list is very extensive for bottle drinkers. We are too old to drink more than 2 glasses of wine at a sitting. Wine by the glass had only a Chilean wine as the red wine choice. I get palpitations from Chilean wine. I was quite happy drinking Guinness with my steak but I think the hotel would make more profit from 2 glasses of Cote de Rhone for example than the profit they made on my pint of Guinness

My booking was changed by me twice but that did not faze the reception staff. This hotel has old style Irish hospitality. They go along with the desires of oddball guests. The most mature of the waitresses at dinner is special.

I taught the room was a bit chilly on the saturday night as it had been a horrific day weatherwise.

Breakfast was fantastic and the girls serving lovely and friendly bar staff lovely food gorgeous for dinner ideal location except weather was atrocious for the weekend overall I was delighted with the location of the hotel

Rooms need to be updated. Bed uncomfortable slanting down towards head board need changing. Showers needed attention in a bad way and Breakfast plain not great dinner not much on menu and turkey dinner felt like turkey been from day before very tuff and small portions. I would not stay again.

Location great for work.

Room are very basic and dated. Had to ask to move rooms as first room the door did not close properly. Second room beside the lift which was very, very noisy throughout the night.

Location was good.

Room was shabby for price. Bathroom was mouldy. Broken tiles, paint coming off ceiling. Shower head thick with lumps of lime. Breakfast room dark and shabby. Breakfast ok for a fry but nut great.

Friendly staff. Clean sheets and towels

Room old and smelled musty, flaking wallpaper, terrible decor. First day shower was way too hot and there was no way to lower the temp. Breakfast ended too early at 10 missed it both days. My own fault I know for not getting up early enough but a lot of hotels do breakfast up to 11 which I would have made.

Friendly staff, great location. Nice modern bathroom compared to the rest of the room Cleaning staff very efficient

The hotel badly needs updating, it is dull. The bathroom was dirty and I certainly wouldn't take a shower in this hotel. The lighting in the bedrooms was really bad and with only one bedside light I had to keep my phone handy to find my way to the bathroom in the night. The seal was broken on the window which meant there was condensation, mould and a draft. There was a bad smell of urine passing the gents toilets downstairs. Definitely off my return list of hotels. I did complain to the manager before leaving. Got €50 off but felt from his response that if I return here in a few years time it will still be dull and dirty.

Rooms were poor and although the heating was on the rooms felt very cold, there were bad draughts and the curtains were tattered and old.

Staff were very friendly, the bar was nice. It has a great location being very short walking distance to all the town's amenities.

Systems where down as I was checking out so had to write all my debit card information down and leave it with a member of staff which is not acceptable. He was also extreamly rude

Good location, nice breakfast and over all good value for money

Update the bed clothes.Lose the old blanket from the foot of the bed and the duvets could do with being replaced.The bed was very comfortable.

Although the hotel is a bit dated, it is in a lovely location. There is a lovely atmosphere to the place and the staff are very pleasant.

Have the outside the hotel looks shabby, but on inside they are repainting and the room was nice

Clean comfortable single room with double bed and fab shower. Good breakfast menu and very tasty.

Room freshly painted and smell overpowering. Had to leave window open and was cold

Bar staff ..Sean and Night Poter Willie both gents and a credit to your Hotel .. hope they are appeciated ...

When we arrived we expected quite a basic room but when we opened the door there was a beautiful four post bed there. For the price we paid the room was gorgeous. Breakfast offered a good choice too, not just a typical fry or buffet but crepes and french toast on the menu too.

The beding was Filthy dirty There were hairs all Over the bedding And Stains all Over There Was A Smell of the carpet !! Staff Were Extremely rude Very bad Experience

Staff we're lovely but the rooms were very small, they could definitely do with updating the rooms, and keep up with the cleaning would be a good start. windows were very tin you could hear everything. Food could be alot better.

The car park was not sign posted and took a long time to find. Every time we went into the room there was a smell of smoke. The room was a bit run down with evidence that something had been broken off the wall and either not repaired or badly repaired. Breakfast had a limited selection. The price of drinks at the hotel bar were much higher than bar in the same location. Overall it is not value for money.

Hotel was in a good location.

Bathrooms, it's a basic enough, brekkie was not really great to be honest but again staff made up for this in service.

Dungarvan is a lovely town, this a a family run business. Staff excellent, efficient. It's a central hotel, basic but meets all needs and well priced for what I got. Toilet was not the best, might be the age, certain things were loose in room but all in all, I would recommend to stay here. It's basic, quaint and has history, it has all what you need once it's for a good priced room Enjoy the central area, pubs views around around the bay

Hotel was central. Good quality, staff friendly and helpful. We wanted to change the room and were facilitated. We wanted a bath and got a room more towards the rear of the hotel. That room was colder than the first one. Thought it was because it was less used due to its location. Realised in the morning that the window was open, hidden behind the curtain. Oh well, check the windows in future, I suppose. We got to bring our bicycles inside. Indoor parking ftw! You could put By Bicycle as an option on how to approach the location, seeing as it's at the start of the Dungarvan to Waterford Greenway. Motion detected hall lights are good, good for the saving of energy. In this country we mostly generate electricity by burning fossil fuels, so that's a nice touch.

The only slight problem was the heating in the morning, which wouldn't come on until eight. Always waking up feeling chilly

Once again, the team. The dining team were very polite each morning. The reception team were once again exceptional. Lolita and Jackie would go above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable.

The hearing in my room only comes on about eight in the morning. So I wake up on a cold room.

Once again, the team. And once again, Lolita, at the reception.

The restaurant food is not great. The staff are not great atall, not friendly, very abrupt Eating breakfast was very uncomfortable because of a man walking around checking, wanting to take our plates soon as we put our cutlery down, he was wearing all black

The rooms are very comfortable

My stay wasn't longer.

The team. Especially Lolita, at the reception. I suspect, this team member ensures the five star treatment is always delivered.

Peeling wallpaper, everything very dated, iffy plumbing, uncomfortable bed, bed linen and towels barely acceptable, public areas dated ad scruffy.

Poached eggs at breakfast. Friendly helpful staff.

rooms were good, view from room on the third floor was great .could do with updating ,breakfast was very good staff were very helpful , overall nice stay.

The hotel room I had was in need of modernization. They did have signs up saying "Please bear with us while we renovate" but i could see no signs that there was any work going on. The wifi signal was very poor in the room. This sounds nitpicky but the curtain in the bed room left in too much light for my liking. For the cost of the nights stay I was happy. If the price had been more expensive I would not have left feeling I had gotten value for money. I would stay here again but i would want to get it at a similar price.

The hotel is perfectly situated for a night out in Dungarvan. The cost for a Saturday night was very reasonable. Breakfast was good. The staff were very helpful. I would have no problem staying there again at that price.

Breakfast😣

Peace and quite, staff lovely and friendly, allowed to come and go as you pleased, no hassle on eating or drinking their🤗 will b back with the children👍

Lady serving food wore blue gloves,collected money, used chalk to write on menus board ,using same gloves I got a sandwich but could not eat it because the lady never changed gloves or wash her hands while I was observing her for 20minutes

Bed room was comfortable

Bedroom a little off kilter. Things not in the right place. Waste bin by bedroom door. No glass in bathroom. Towel rack very loose. Soap etc near to ermpty. Missing coat Hangers. Breakfast staff miserable looking. Only just managed to say good morning. Breakfast came and the lady said the plate was very hot - which it was - pity the food on it was only just warm. They seemed to be more content to set the tables for dinner than to look after the guests who were having breakfast.

Reception staff are excellant.

Room and bathroom down at heel and could have been cleaner. Bundles of electric wires outside window looked dangerous. A drying room for wet clothes would be good

Central location. Indoor accommodation for bikes. Good value

We were located in the ‘in-renovated’ areas of the hotel. ‘Tired’ rooms, poor showering, rooms to hot. Breakfast average. Coffee was rubbish. ( Though, this is the norm in UK hotels).

Location was great. Some excellent restaurants nearby.

The hotel is in need of a thorough clean. Rooms were very dusty & carpet in the ballroom is in need of attention

The hotel staff very kind & friendly & looked after our needs.

the hotel was old and it showed it,torn curtains on windows,noisey hallways and dirt on walls,rooms not clean,they said they were renovating,but they need to do a lot more.

Room and it's facilities. Curtains hanging off and torn. Shower room disgusting. Odd furniture. Poor lighting. Poor decor. No soundproofing. Luckily music in bar below us stopped at midnight.

Central location

The room I did get had hardly a window and was really dark. I could change to another room with a bigger window. Nevertheless it was a dark room as the glass was like not-see-through-glass one uses in bathrooms and it went to some sort of small court. All noises (falling rain, some sort of aircondition, doors, neighbours talking or steps) were heard way too loud, so I barely slept. After having left my dark room I found out that the breakfast room has no daylight at all. Especially the lack of daylight not what I expect of a 65 € B&B room.

The hotel is situated in the middle of town, next to the bus stop and close to bike-rentals and the shopping-centre which was great!

I only booked as a single so I didn't expect a big bedroom but I would have liked one chair rather than the stool that was provided. Some building work was going on just behind my room but as I was up early it didn't bother me.

I had a bicycle with and the staff were happy to store it when I wasn't using it. The Hotel is situated in the centre of this busy town and the parking behind the hotel is excellent. The bar is busy and the staff very friendly. Food in the bar is very good and reasonably priced. WiFi is free and very good even in the bedrooms.

Apart from bar area, decor very dated and drab. Furniture in bedroom needs replacing, very dark and damaged in places. Only basic TV channels. Even the recently upholstered chairs were done in dull brown check. Curtains only bright accessory. No rails or hooks in bathroom to hang towels. There were plenty of bus tours when we stayed and hotel appeared to be full; there were also ads around town for festivals and shows that were planned for hotel over next few weeks so should be plenty of income available to invest in hotel. Rate was cheap but I would prefer to pay more and have better experience. Hotel is near greenway and town has improved immensely since last visited - needs to modernise to get repeat customers.

Location excellent and staff all very helpful and friendly

Hotel is dated. Shower was prime example. most of the grouting was gone. Its a small thing but shows lack of maintenance. Also walls of room are very thin. We were woken by someone snoring in next room . Also heard conversation from room during day . Hotel served the purpose but id consider alternative next time

Location good. Staff very helpful and friendly

The hotel needs to be refurbished badly, it was like going back to the 90's. The bedroom was tiny. There was a que to get into the dining room for breakfast, for no reason other than mismanagement of staff. There were a group of young adults who ran riot on our corridor from 1:30am to 4:30am, and after that time could be heard in their bedrooms messing as the walls were paper thin!

The location is the only positive for this hotel.

Service at breakfast was a little slow, and I also got a hair with my bacon, have stayed in this hotel before, I think its getting a little worn, will go a little further next time.

Phone not working in room and it was not dealt with appropriately. Hotel catering for coach trips and had no interest in small bookings. Breakfast was poor and Very little fresh fruit or cereal option

Possibly some tissues in the bedrooms.

Meals were of sensible portions. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Ideal situation for access to the Greenway, the Walton Park and the historical sights.

The location is as good as you can get , three minutes to the quayside, five minutes to town centre. Car park at rear of Hotel. Helpful staff, comfy bed , really good Breakfast very fair price. If I find myself in Dungarvan again , I would stay here, and recommend it to anyone.

See above

Everything was ok except the staff at breakfast were a little disjointed, toast would be brought out too soon before breakfast was served. A lot of waste due to this. Also hard to get attention of staff

Breakfast could have been better

Plenty of space in the single room I stayed in . It had plenty of storage and furniture and the en -suite was well equipped . I left items behind when I departed but they were promptly posted on to me by a helpful staff member .

We thought this hotel was dated, dark and very shabby. There was a permanent smell in the hotel. We were appalled at the dirty windows in our rooms, they were thick with mould, and the bath/toilet/ shower were not clean.

Resaurant was good and the staff excellant. The bedding and towels etc were very clean.

i didnt like when i arrived into the room it smelled of cigerette smoke. im not a smoker and it was a big turn off as i dont like that smell in general.also the bed sheets had cigerette burns on them which i questioned was the sheets changed from the previous tenant staying??

Breakfast was a little shrivelled up and tasteless the wall in our room was water damaged and the bathroom had black gunk along the shower protector

Close to where we were meeting friends in the town.

The Hotel is very old fashioned and the reception area would not appeal to visitors. The carpet is old and in need of repair in places and really should be replaced.

The room was clean. The hotel is very old fashioned and needs upholstery. The toilets were disgusting They were dirty and smelt of urine. They are dark and need repair and total re- tiling.

The hotel provided us with a variety of unpleasant smells around every corner. The bedsheets were small and of poor quality, neither of us slept well. Thankfully, we were only booked in for one night.

Good location. Nice shower in an obviously new bathroom. The staff at breakfast were pleasant.

Tiny double room & very dated, smell of food "carvery " hung around all day in all areas especially the bar area where the carvery unit is situated

Lots of noise from hallway in morning. Cleaning service opened door to room at 09.07am. Breakfast buffet a bit measly.

Helpful and pleasant staff, I requested a room change as the first room allocated smelled of smoke and air freshener, this was no problem. The bar and lobby are renovated and comfortable. The rooms are a work in progress. The 2nd room I was allocated was renovated and was quite nice.

Supervisor was constantly giving staff orders in a manner that was not friendly. It looked like he was more interested in showing his authority than motivating his staff.

not a wink of sleep stayed in room 141 beside the alley, between cars racing up and down and partying going all night.. never again and from speaking to people the next morning they wont be returning either

food in bar was nice, beer was rubbish and flat

carpet was shabby and lifting from the floor. back of the bathroom door was damaged and badly repaired. thick dust on the lampshades. this hotel is in need of some major renovation .

The room could do with a spring clean. Bed was clean and cosy, visible surfaces were clean but there was thick dust on the picture above the bed, all lamp shades and central light fitting, top of door frames and wardrobe. The rooms are 'tired' and if decoration was updated could be lovely as a really good size and we had a great view. Bathroom also in need of some repair, but everything working.

Very central location, easy level walking distance of shopping centres, bars and Quay. Car parking facilities are a real bonus too. Cooked breakfast was a bit hit and miss but generally ok, cereal, fruit and toast in plentiful supply. Bar meals were very good in the evening, but if too busy didn't come out together. This is a very busy hotel and the staff are rushed off their feet and appear disorganised particularly at breakfast, but all are cheerful, helpful and work very hard they are a credit to the hotel.

I was driving a UK registered car which was parked in the hotel car park. I returned to the car next morning to continue my journey and found that one of the cables running to the rear wheel hanging from the underside of the car,This had been forced from it housing during the night together with a clip.While I was able to push the cable back in place, because of my age I was unable to bend down sufficiently and deal with the clip.Luckily a younger man saw my difficulty,kindly offered me assistance and re-fixed it. When I arrived at my final destination I found that the cable on the other side was also wrenched out which I had not noticed at the time.My whole trip would have been ruined if the cables had been cut and resulted possibly in a fatal accident if I had not spotted it.I think this is something you should contact the hotel about.I will be contacting the mechanic who deals with my car to find out precisely what the function of these cables is.

The service in the bar was very good and at breakfast and the breakfast itself was good

Overall appearance of hotel shabby and tired looking. Corridors leading to room musty and damp. Room was small and very old fashioned and it got very warm during the night. Signs posted indicating that a refurb going on wasn't much evidence of that!! Light in bathroom poor due to one of the lights being broken. Presentation of buffet breakfast was poor and offered limited choice, orange juice appeared to be watered down.Cooked breakfast was severed to the table and was adequate.Left hotel at 7.30am and reception still hadn't opened!!

Best thing about this property was the location.

Only thing was that it could do with a fresh paint and the carpet on the stairs just does nothing for the place

Room was lovely beds so comfy room was clean could not fault it staff are lovely

Won't stay again. Went for breakfast and had to wait ages. Order coffee which never turned up. There must have been 10 table full of dirty used plates waiting to be cleaned up and their was flys all round the canteen.

Bar area was ok.

Bedroom needed painting and paint missing on mirror Water in shower was very hot especially for elderly people

Staff were friendly Nice relaxed atmosphere in hotel