Reviews of Manor West Hotel & Leisure Club 4 stars

Tralee, Ireland

#4 of 13 hotels in Tralee

I loved the crispness of the sheets on the bed.

Nothing! It's perfect!

I loved the crispness of the sheets on the bed. The cleanliness of the room/hotel and the breakfast was fantastic. The staff are so helpful.

Very comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room

For the two nights we stayed I couldn’t fault anything teally

Lovely warm reception from all staff! Bar food and breakfast excellent and very quick service

Nice rooms, poor staff
    • Deluxe Single Room

Very poor waiter service in the bar, had to ask for a menu and go to the bar each time to order. Staff more interested in the world cup than the customers. A lot of noise from the neighbouring retail park until about 1 am.

Nice room, very clean.

Excellent room , great value for money , staff were very...

Room service and food stopped at 9pm, very limited choice for a hot breakfast

Excellent room , great value for money , staff were very friendly on arrival

Clean and well

We chose this hotel bc of the pool. Were informed at check-in that the pool closed at 9. Opted to eat dinner before a swim after a long day of travel. After dinner my daughter & I put on our bathing suits and went down to the pool. We were denied access to the pool bc kids can’t go in after 7pm. We were not told this upon check-in and were VERY Disappointed. I asked if they could make an exception for the last 30 mins and the staff refused. This was unkind and not customer friendly - esp as the mistake was theirs bc we would have opted to swim before dinner had we been informed of the time rules of pool use.

Clean and well Maintained.

Delicious food,Clean room,Loved the pool and the view
    • Deluxe Single Room

Location is good.Clean room.Nice and big pool.Food was delicious.(had a dinner and breakfast here). Definitely recommend Manor West Hotel and Leisure Club

Relaxing , comfortable and near to shopping and Tralee town
    • Executive Suite

Comfortable, clean and quiet , stayed one night and room was lovely and hotel in very good location, across the road from very large shopping centre , and near Tralee town which is within walking distance ,

Comfortable, well-run modern hotel on the edge of town.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Showers: difficult to set and maintain comfortable temperature in the bathroom shower, while the leisure centre showers never ran hot and only gave a few seconds of water for each push of the button.

Spacious suite (upgrade at no extra charge). Comfortable bed and seating. Quiet. Good restaurant.

A convenient place to stay while visiting a relative in hospital.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Lack of privacy at the desk. Could hear conversations in the sitting area.

An excellent choice for breakfast. Rooms comfortable and spacious. Staff helpful and friendly.

Would stay again every one was lovely and friendly
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I order vegetarian breakfast but the sausage was not nice

Overall every thing was good and we enjoyed our stay. Would recommend it to family and friends

Taxi driver told us that Manor West was the best Hotel in Tralee, he was not wrong
    • Deluxe Double Room

Only negative was the bolognese I had in the bar/restaurant. Seemed to be a re-heat and there was a puddle of water at the bottom of the bowl. I should know better than to order Italian in a bar

Surprised by the size of the room, I think we must have been upgraded without being told. Bed was so comfy, bathroom was outstanding, staff very friendly and accommodating.

My family felt welcomed and relaxed after a long day travelling for a family wedding

The only thing i didnt like was when looking out of my bedroom window at the lovely view, i looked down to where all your refuse is collected and saw rats running around that area. Which was quite off putting but feel you need better pest control

My family were made very welcome and nothing was too much trouble for the staff to cater for our needs The food was great with plenty of variety and the bar was a good place to sit and relax after a busy day

Very clean and comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lots of shops around the hotel. Very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was lovely. There was sparkling water in the room waiting for us on arrival.

Every little detail adds to the experience
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Breakfast Service & Food Quality Staff took our order and went away. We had to ask multiple times why items were not delivered to the table. Breakfast was to be desired. The Irish Breakfast was dry and salty. Very basic and not filling. There were no beans. Toast was not offered and we was only provided some after asking.

The Hotel and Room was decorated to a great standard. Twin room had a Queen Size Bed and Single Bed. Bar was a great place to chill-out. Car Parking was easily accessible and at one level.

It was lovely and comfortable. Staff were very nice and accommodating.
    • Deluxe Double Room

A daytime slot where the pool is for adults only would be great. By evening time when kids aren't allowed we don't want to swim but it was really busy in the daytime with kids, so an option of an hour where there are no kids would be great.

Very enjoyable stay 3rd time staying would highly recommend
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff very friendly, professional and helpful. Excellent breakfast choice. High standard of Bar food available. Very good leisure facilities.

really enjoyed our stay, will definetly be back
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very efficient and friendly staff, bed was comfy. We had a family meal for 12 of us it was excellent plenty of choice and very tasty food. Beautiful hotel and spotlessly clean. Very good breakfast also. My grandchildren enjoyed the swimming pool

It was a very enjoyable stay from start to finish.

no complaints

The extreme friendliness of the staff and how helpful they were. The hotel was very accomadating in allowing us to check out late at no additional cost as we had taken part in the marathon and it gave us that extra time to shower and get ready with no pressure.

Very enjoyable and child friendly
    • Deluxe Single Room

The staff were so friendly and helpful, the pool was great, it had a kids pool. It was very convenient to be next door to a shopping Centre with a late opening Tesco.

i would recommend it to my friends and that says alot
    • Deluxe Double Room

nice and clean with very helpful staff breakfast very good with excellence service also a lovely location to travel from to visit other local towns such as Killarney and the famous ring of Kerry

Excellent family stay with a toddler
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Food prices in bar were perhaps a little high.

Excellent welcome and service at reception on arrival, nice comfortable room and beds, underfloor heating in bathroom was a nice surprise and air conditioning in the rooms. Breakfast was great with excellent choice. All staff were courteous and friendly. We ate dinner in the bar which was also very nice, Used leisure facilities and these were fantastic, especially the changing area and family changing room and a bonus to have a separate kiddies pool. Good location beside retail park and free parking. All in all, an excellent family hotel.

It was an ok stay but not the luxury I expected
    • Deluxe Double Room

The used bottle of water in our fridge.. the fact that the bistro was noisy .. the spa was out of use due to refurb but only found out once booked and could not get a refund. The male changing area was smelly and not clean

The room was clean and comfortable

Very nice but lacking in Irishness!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The evening meal was 'average' only and there was too long of a wait, I was aware that there were some other guests waiting for food as well and the general reaction from all the guest was that the wait was too long.

Bed was very comfortable and the pillows were perfect!, Receptionists were very professional and courteous. The whole hotel was immaculate and very spacious.

10/10
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Very close to the town, very clean and the rooms were lovely and spacious, the staff were fantastic.the food in the bar was beautiful and not one bit expense also the breakfast had a great selection for everyone.. over all it was a fabulous place to stay I can't to come back I have my next visit booked already

We shall be back!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

From the moment we arrived we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The bedroom was much more than we expected. The food in the Bar was very good as was the breakfast. Overall a very pleasant experience!

Highly recommend this hotel for staff friendliness, cleanliness and location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The location was great - not too far from town centre, staff were excellent and the food really good. Room temperature good. No real activity in bar at night probably due to time of year. Very relaxing atmostphere.

Will be staying there again

Nothing not to like

A warm welcome as a late night arrival. The large comfortable room that was warm and spotlessly clean. great staff in every section and lots of good food

Friendly efficient staff, great food, great location. Would definitely recommend this hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was nothing about this hotel that I didn't like

My husband & I stayed for one night only but we fully intend to use this hotel again in the future. The staff on reception & the staff in the restaurants couldn't have been nicer. We had a very nice spotlessly clean room & bathroom. My husband used the leisure facilities & he was very impressed.

Hotel is lovely.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Maybe its just in the presentation but I am sure that breakfast main centre area where fruits/scones/youghurts are, could be laid out better. I think I stayed there 4 years ago and it looks to be the exact same layout which could be freshened up. Otherwise this is hotel is very good.

Hotel is lovely. Great location and sparkling clean. Bar is lovely and great place to unwind after a hard day if your allowed to have a beer. Its a lovely room.

top class

We had no complaints

parking outside the front door// nice and warm on a cold cold weekend // lovely swimming pool jacuzzi etc etc Staff v helpfull great for shopping just walk to shops Very quiet at night no noise in bedrooms

Lovely 😊
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Seafood platter..... the seafood expect the mussels was battered.. 😞

Receptionist was lovely and very helpful, hotel in a great location and very clean and modern

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.
    • Deluxe Single Room

The breakfast was far better than most hotels, the Leisure Centre was good, the bar food was good, the staff were very pleasant and helpful and the ambiance of the hotel was welcoming. I stay in many hotels around the country for business and, while I can't identify any wow factor, except maybe the omelette, I just find this hotel to one of the more pleasant to stay.

Great staff, food, location and facilities all made our family occasion very enjoyable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Beyond the control of the hotel - but I was annoyed early morning by a person calling (shouting) for her children who sounded like they were practicing for some Olympic event on the corridor outside my room around 7.15am (Saturday) 🙄

Loved the comfy bed - loved the fresh breakfast cooked to order (including fish choice) - great staff - convenient location 👍 The restaurant was excellent and I was particularly impressed with how well they interacted with the children in our group - they were patient in explaining the menu to them directly and discreetly checked their choices with parents. They (the children) ranged in age from 2 to 12 and they all felt very grown up and included - apart from the 2yo who was more interested in the balloons which the hotel had provided for our celebration dinner.

Home from home when I need to stay in Tralee.
    • Deluxe Single Room

Underground carpark is so convenient. reception was very welcoming.. gentleman on duty...told me to go and settle in and not to worry re visa pre clearance, as I was very tired and loaded with bags.

Mixed but ok
    • Deluxe Single Room

Breakfast scrambled eggs terrible- beds 2 singles for a double not a good feeling in the middle of bed big joint running straight up middle not a good feeling when laying on it

Most things

Was goo location for rhe purpose of our stay will go back but check whats on in the hotel before han
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Bar food wasnt great. Bar closed on 2nd night due to a party. Menu limited in restraunt and no where to have a drink only foyer

STAFF WERE VERY FRIENDLY GREAT BREAKFAST VERY COMFORTABL ROOMS

We were waiting nearly an hour for our table to be cleared...
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were waiting nearly an hour for our table to be cleared of mains and to order dessert but besides that it was an ok hotel not to luxurious or poor just right

First class hotel with incredible professional staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff were so welcoming and friendly. Beautiful modern hotel with excellent facilities. Very calm and relaxing atmosphere Superb location We will definitely be back.

Business as usual
    • Deluxe Single Room

My room was cold on arrival but due to the fact that I could control the heating in the room this was quickly rectified

As always the hotel staff, food and facilities were excellent. The leisure centre is extensive and clean. Breakfast is varied and the hot breakfast is freshly cooked.

Manor West Hotel is a really beautiful Hotel - beautiful...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Manor West Hotel is a really beautiful Hotel - beautiful Reception Area and very comfortable room . Probably one of the Best Breakfasts we ever had - really good menu and lovely selection of fresh breads , scones and Croissants. Will definitely stay there again .

Comfortable yet luxurious. Will return again in the future.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I only had one mild criticism. I booked a family room and it was a bit cramped, due to the extra cot bed there was very little floor space to move around the beds. The hotel itself was beautiful, lovely lobby with comfortable couches. The paintings and decorations made the hotel a pleasure to be walking around.

The facilities are excellent. The room was very well supplied with essentials and the bathroom was spotless and spacious.

Very comfie and welcoming
    • Deluxe Single Room

The breakfast was disappointing. The sausages were very rubbery. The mushrooms were very slimy and overall it was very disappointing

Bed was very clean and comfy and I had the b st sleep ever. Theroom was very clean with a great variety of toiletries which smelled amazing. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and I enjoyed my stay here very much and look forward to coming again

Lovely hotel, convenient location, excellent food

The gentleman at reception accused my parents of not paying for their room (they checked out a day early). This was not a problem as it was a mistake, their payment had not been added to the system for some reason and mistakes happen. However, he took a tone with me when I insisted that they did and said he had spoken to his colleagues who said nobody came to check out the day before which was not the case. He had me call them to ask about the payment which they were not too pleased about and I didn't think his manner was very customer friendly.

The rooms are spacious, clean and modern, as is the hotel. The location is convenient, close to shops, amenities and the airport. Breakfast was 5 star, great selection and cooked to order, no scrambling at a hot breakfast buffet. Ate in the restaurant also and it was delicious, the bar has a great gin menu too!

Enjoyed our stay,would love to have stayed longer.

nothing negative to say

The bed was very comfy,breakfast was great - served by friendly staff. Sorry that it was only an overnight stay,will definitely be back.

The hotel staff were very helpful and professional at all...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

AS we travelled with young children, we found both the baby/toddler pool and main pool were very cold. Also, in our family room, the extra bed was extremely uncomfortable and our little girl had to change beds during the night.

The hotel staff were very helpful and professional at all times. The room and all areas were very well maintained. Location is excellent as near Playdium (play area for children) and also located right beside Manor West Shopping Centre, which has Debenhams.

Good for shopping in Debenhams next door. Easy access to all tourist activities in Tralee.
    • Deluxe Single Room

Breakfast coffee was cold and weak but was replaced with a smile.

Easy access to electricity sockets in room to charge phones and also fridge in room. Good parking on site. V friendly staff. Amazing porridge.

A pleasure as always will definitely be returning
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Would have to say the food - had dinner in the bar one night and it was only Ok, also the breakfast was a bit of a let down

The staff, they were brilliant nothing was too much trouble. It was spotlessly clean couldn't fault it.

Comfortable hotel.
    • Deluxe Single Room

Breakfast was very disappointing. Pancakes didn't taste fresh. French toast was very small barely cooked and didn't include fruit compote.

Location, comfort and accommodating staff.

I couldn't fault it.
    • Deluxe Single Room

Bar man needs to be thought how to pour a pint of Guinness (minor complaint)

I couldn't fault it. From the receptionist to walking out the door I found it perfect.

Great room, comfey bed, spacious.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The Swimming pool was cold and has kids swimming lessons taking place so was not the luxury swimming pool that you are led to believe on the website. The changing rooms were like being back at school. Not impressed.

Great room, comfey bed, spacious. Breakfast was good but the waiter was not up to standard. The location was right next to a large retail park but not impacting on the hotel, so good location too.

Stay was fine, its a nice hotel, good breakfast, would stay again
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Stayed in room 119. noise from the weights in the gym was annoying, we were going out, we were told at reception this would stop at 22.00 , on our return, yes it had stopped. However 8.am the noise started again. So avoid room 119.

Fast check in, nice room, all very good , Parking was on the hotel grounds, but I think they have an underground car park as well,

Comfortable, luxurious. Brian on reception was extremely helpful, and staff generally were great.
    • Deluxe Single Room

The first room I got didn't have proper soundproofing(just a door between rooms, which was very noisy

I had a beautiful really big luxurious room with a terrace and a view of the mountains, all at a standard price

Michael.. Mallow
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hadn't time to use the Pool facilities looked good next time

Clean spacious hotel felt welcome from the start great underground car park good bar food and service room very comfortable and breakfast was super

A luxury style acccomodation -takes you to another world for a while!

Not applicable as faultless

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the years. The hotel is maintained to a very high standard. Breakfast selection is amazing and staff are very friendly and helpful. I have not had dinner at the hotel restaurant but have done so at the hotel bar and the food was delicious.

Very good apart from the bed situation
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bed. For the money we paid to stay here we would have expected to get a double bed in the room not two beds pushed together with two single mattress. It made sleeping together very uncomfortable as you could feel the divide in the bed.

Swimming pool very good evening Meal in bar excellent waiting staff overly accommodating breakfast very good apart from the sausages

Perfect in every way!

Can't think of anything

Would definitely stay here again! Feels like home away from home. I don't think you will find a more friendly, comfortable and accommodating hotel. We really enjoyed our stay- beds were comfy, food was delicious.

Had a great quiet nights sleep

Everything was great

I have stayed here before and I was just a pleased with it as this time more signs to help people find their rooms could help alot

Excellent location - highly recommend it
    • Deluxe Single Room

The staff were very welcoming and friendly on arrival. Breakfast was lovely and the staff very helpful and available in the breakfast room. Also there were newspapers available which was great.

Not enough staff for the busy hotel
    • Executive Suite

The room, shampoos in the bathroom, had been used before us, only half full and one had makeup on it. The dressing gowns were so worn, I would have preferred not to have seen them. There was stains on the front one. The tea was horrible At breakfast we had to ask for bowls and then milk and butter for our table I surely waited 20 minutes to check out. The lone receptionist was checking out, restaurant booking, answering another phone, while checking out guests

The staff were helpful even though they were run off their feet.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

FANTASTIC!!!!!
    • Deluxe Single Room

At breakfast I opted for the cooked vegetarian option, which consisted of 2 veggie sausages, grilled tomato and mushrooms and a poached egg on toast (you could choose the way your egg was cooked). Only one minor issue - the egg was overdone and the yolk had completely set, but I still ate and enjoyed it and it was only a minor issue! Other than that, everything was delicious and I wouldn't hesitate to stay her again - I was made to feel very welcome, so thank you to all the wonderful staff!

Absolutely gorgeous hotel. The front of house staff were so friendly and helpful - when I checked in (which they facilitated early so that my luggage was safe), I was chatting to the lady who was on receptio - when she heard that I was going to the hospital for a scan and had been fasting she immediately replied, 'as soon as you're finished, come back here and we'll have the tea ready for you'!! So nice! The room was lovely, very spacious and clean with temperature control, underfloor heating and tea/coffee making facilities. The bed was very comfortable and I got a great night's sleep (which is unusual for me in a hotel!) There was a great choice of breakfast, both cooked and continental - pancakes, traditional cooked Irish, cooked veggie, pancakes, omlette, sscones & pastries, granola, yoghurts, juices etc.

Not good to much noise next to lifts & main door to lifts.

Bed too hard - 2 rooms next to lifts when we ask you for quite rooms. - Food to costly - No bed sheets just heavy duvet cover. Will not be using Booking again myself or my brother Peter Grantham

"Tralee of a Time in Kerry"
    • Executive Suite

I liked everything about the property it was in walking distance to alot of areas..even though we had a car, close to link roads to Dingle, Killarney, and other locations.

Very welcoming Staff...at Reception/Restaurant.. Courteous throughout our stay... loved the area centralised to all areas...

Perfect Hotel in every way apart from the leisure suite
    • Executive Suite

The shower dripped permanently after use although housekeeping seem to be able to turn it off. I would've liked to lounger on the balcony to relax on that would've been a nice extra. The swimming Pool was always full with children having swimming lessons or I don't use it in the gym. When I hotel offers this service to outside people it is difficult for the people who have paid for a hotel room to use and enjoy the facilities. We did not use the facilities although we were there for five days for this reason.

It was beautiful. We booked the poppy suite which had a large bedroom leading onto cupboard space and storage with a large lounge room at the end there were plenty of tables to sit up at all relax at the sofa with. The balcony run the full length of the rooms which made it spacious and they had put a table and chairs out there. The room overlooks the mountains which was perfect.

Great hotel in a great location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were disappointed to discover that the spa treatments were only available Thursday Friday and Saturday, we only arrived Saturday evening so we're too late :-(

The room was lovely and clean with a very large bed and the bathroom was excellent with twin sinks bath and double shower. Really nice..

I should have done this review at the time because now I...
    • Deluxe Single Room

I should have done this review at the time because now I can't remember the staff members name but a lovely lady on reception helped me out when my car broke down on my way there, just outside of Killarney! It had been a long day working and I had a friend's wedding in Cloghane the next day and she was so helpful finding me a taxi man she trusted to bring me to the hotel and then offering and arranging for a sandwich to be made for me as it was late and I'd been driving/working all day! The staff who met me when I got there were lovely and helpful too. And the hotel was lovely and clean and it was finally relaxing to be in my room! (Also was very handy that they're right next to so many big shops, grabbed a couple of things in Debenhams and Tesco the next morning before the wedding! Thank you to all the staff there (especially the lovely wonan who helped me, sorry I can't remember your name!)

Manor West First timer
    • Deluxe Single Room

Didn't have any complaints about my stay.

The staff were extremely friendly and able to help with anything. The facilities at the hotel were amazing and everything was as advertised. Rooms were nice and quiet as hotel was situated just outside town.

Relaxing
    • Deluxe Double Room

The location of the roommcould have been better, i went away wit my new husband it was a little mini moon and we were in a room with a adjoining door, i made clear we were away on our first trip as husband and wife.

I liked the swimming facilities.

Exceptional
    • Deluxe Single Room

That I wasn't there for longer!

I invited myself on my sistersite romantic birthday night away but still had an amazing time as I went swimming and watched movies so I find feel like I was gatecrashing their night! Everything was amazing. Staff, food, pool all amazing.

The staff particularly in the Bar/Restaurant were...
    • Executive Suite

The staff particularly in the Bar/Restaurant were charming, friendly and very helpful. All the food at breakfast and dinner was excellent. Even the packed lunch was tasty.

Good value
    • Deluxe Single Room

Clean big room, comfortable bed, long deep bath, good shower, great facilities, very friendly helpful reception staff who remembered me by name, awesome massage!

Staff could not be friendlier
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is pretty much surrounded by a shopping park, which meant the views from the room (second floor) wasn't great.

The staff were so friendly and could not do enough for us, made us feel very welcome. Room was large, clean and the bed very very comfortable. Location just on the edge of Tralee makes it perfect as a base from exploring Dingle, Inch and tons of other gorgeous places in North Kerry

Excellent value and comfort
    • Deluxe Single Room

better selection of juices for breakfast

Modern room very good breakfast good but unfortunately you only had orange juice no other selection juices that's the only issue I had , the breakfast I had was excellent the scramble egg was delicious and the staff were friendly

Excellent hotel .wonderful staff and food excellent and bedrooms excellent
    • Deluxe Double Room

location a fair bit outside the town not really walking distance .Our only tiny complaint.

breakfast excellent and fantastic variety of options for differing tastes

Fantastic hotel, great food, very friendly

No morning newspapers :(

I have ticked family (u 18) but it was in fact Family with adult children, but no box for that (family event) Loved the views, the rooms the comfort - great hotel overall

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

love hotel but wouldn't eat in the bar
    • Deluxe Double Room

Disappointed about the food severed in the bar. When we order the food we asked for our meal not to have some items. It came with some of them so sent it back. Won't mind that it can be common enough. When they returned with it, it was still wrong with the very same item. They lied and came up with the worst excuses ever. They didn't charge for the meal which was ok. Just disappointed that we had to send it back twice. Couldn't be bothered hoping for third time lucky!