2. Ireland hotel reviews
  3. Roscommon County hotel reviews
  4. Roscommon hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Abbey Hotel Roscommon

Reviews of Abbey Hotel Roscommon This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Galway Road, Roscommon, Ireland

#4 of 7 hotels in Roscommon

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

The room was lovely, bed very comfortable and the bathroom...
    • Standard Single Room

I was at an event and a late drink in the resident's bar would have been nice.

The room was lovely, bed very comfortable and the bathroom was spacious.

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Great hotel at a price

Price is a bit much for what you get. I got the room for half price as I left it until last minute and thought it was good but would not pay full price

Absolutely brilliant views friendly staff and good food.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2019

A little disappointing
    • Standard Single Room

Lady who was at reception as I left couldn’t issue a receipt . She was relieving a colleague as weather was deplorable and I had a meeting I had to leave. Breakfast served in my room was cold

on Arrival receptionist v helpful

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

Pleasant hotel
    • Standard Single Room

Toilet paper was of the kind not seen since going to school. Which a shame let down efforts hotel had gone to, to make the place feel more high end.

Nice central location, with good parking and nice view of Abbey.

• Reviewed: January 20, 2019

Perfect looking weekend

Can't recall anything, the hotel has its style, nothing to improve, all according to our taste

Food in the bar was very good, but the breakfast was superb as well. It was good to have baby pool with warmer water, really enjoyed the whole family.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2019

Nice hotel, need to imrpove on your reception staff

Reception staff need to be improved. When we were checking in we found the girl on reception quite cold and not very welcoming. She did however comment that "because our rate was so high, she was throwing in a free breakfast"....not very reassuring that we were paying top rate to attend a wedding. I worked in the hotel business for over 20 years and I know the importance of welcoming your guests.

The room was very spacious and lovely view. Good location and function room was beautifully decorated, bar staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

Great Night

We meet friends and had dinner and drinks the food was excellent the manager John was so helpful and friendly you would want to go back again and again

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Lovely comfy beds .
    • Standard Single Room

I’d love more lighting for reading in bedrooms . Feel there should be an option of poached eggs on breakfast menu & charging supplement for omelette was a touch mean

Lovely comfy beds ... lovely breakfast ... Sunday lunch was really good ... plenty of choice & lovely food

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

This is a beautiful hotel steeped in local history, staffed by professional friendly staff.
    • Standard Single Room

The hotel is so welcoming, homely yet extremely professional. The staff are excellent and very efficient. From my arrival to my departure, this was a lovely 'stay' and I would highly recommend for business or leisure. Rooms are cosy, well furnished and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Amazing

The hotel is amazing,the staff are exceptional,nothing is a problem,if there is something you want they go above and beyond to help you. One young lady in particular stood out her name is Shona,an absolute pleasure to have met her,very friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Beautiful hotel.

What I didn’t like was I only had 1 night there I really needed another 1

Beautiful hotel. Fantastic staff. Got up grade and champagne from hotel as I was celebrating my birthday. Really couldn’t say enough about the place

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Fantastic

We stayed there for a family funeral and found the staff to be polite, welcoming and accommodated our needs at all times The breakfast was superb, Hotel was clean , comfortable beds and beautiful decor Would highly recommend this beautiful Hotel where my Aunt (whose funeral we attended) was her Family home Thankyou

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

Ok stay... a little disappointed.

Just back from a night in the Abbey hotel. All in all.. a nice stay. Would we return? No probably not. Check in was fine, my fiance upgraded the room which was a surprise for my 30th. Room was ok, nothing lavish or wow. Fairly standard if you ask me. Would've probably been better to leave the upgrade altogether. I like the authenticity of the hotel don't get me wrong but the rooms need a bit of TLC or a fresh eye to liven them up. Nice bottle of fizz and chocs was a lovely surprise. The staff are excellent, always asking you if desire anything and checking on you. The food in the restaurant was delicious. If not a little expensive! I've had a similar standard of cuisine in other hotels just as nice but wasn't that crazy price wise. The bar food menu was more or less the same but alot less expensive. Regretted not just going there instead. I had a hot stone massage while I was there, the therapist was excellent although the surroundings left alot to be desired. It's not a proper spa nor a beautician. One room under the leisure centre. It was nice but not luxurious or indulgent whatsoever. I'd give it a miss next time. It was €80 for a hot stone massage which was definetly excessive seeing as it was lacking the luxurious spa setting. I've been to the ESPA in the g hotel and paid less for a gorgeous experience with robes and relaxation rooms. Bit disappointed. Overall it was only ok, spent alot of money and didn't feel we got our moneys worth at all. We will know for next time. I'd advise people not to book treatments and save your money with bar food.

Complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate in room Staff

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

The staff were excellent great with children and the decor...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Bedrooms could be updated and a fairy trail would be a lovely extra if added

The staff were excellent great with children and the decor of the main house was stunning

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Room was poor and outdated. Apart from that everything else was nice.

Room was very outdated and why not put rolls of toilet paper instead of the napkins .

Nice food and bar and surroundings were nice. Nice location and staff were nice also.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

most pleasant hotel to stay in

Suggest bottle water for bedrooms especially on arrival. Would prefer stand alone showers especially for older people

We were attending a tragic family funeral. The courtesy of the staff was excellent. Special thanks to you to the bar manager who was most accommodating and obliging.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Nice hotel. Attentive staff.

Problem with noise of plumbing of pipes to leisure centre. Compensated for this.

Room size. Nice ambience in the hotel as a whole especially the outer bar and restaurant.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

Comfortable 4 star, good service, slightly rundown
    • Standard Single Room

Charging extra for cappuccino at breakfast. I saw an elderly lady only realising this after she’d ordered - I overheard her say she’d never have ordered it if she knew it would cost more.

Ok hotel breakfast - fine but nothing spevial

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

I hope we will go back because we liked it very much

I don't know … better ??? The only thing, what made me nervous, I had a burger in the bar one evening for 16 Euro. There must be a reason for this price … for me it seems to high … but I don't know your reasons for that or your calculation

we enjoyed the complete stay from the carvery lunch to the pint in the bar at evening. Your staff was very friendly and watchful. The pool was very clean and a short way from the rooms. The room was big enough, the bed was very big and comfortable. Roscommon town was just around the corner … and we were lucky with the weather

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

Ambience unrivalled - beautiful setting.

A minor point - occasionally, evening dinner service in the bar area is a little slow.

Ambience unrivalled - beautiful setting. Friendly, relaxed atmosphere and personalised service in a family owned hotel. Staff very helpful and friendly. Great menu and food. Good sized rooms. Excellent location.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

Very pleasant stay and would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Everything was good. No complaints at all.

We were very impressed with this hotel and would definitely stay again. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was beautiful.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

Lovely

The breakfast was a little haphazard

The staff in the the bar and the quality of the food were excellent and relaxed.Lovely staff.Bedroom was comfortable with a lovely view. reception staff were friendly and welcoming. The Abbey is a great place to stay.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

Average Stay

The corridors on upper floors need attention as they looked a little tired, our room was average.

The reception/lounge area was comfortable, staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

Breakfast was superb, room was very spacious and bed was...

Breakfast was superb, room was very spacious and bed was very comfortable. The staff were very nice when checking in and out. The leisure facilities are amazing. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

excellent

nothing at all

the overall experience was excellent the staff were helpful could not do enough for you dinners excellent reasonable price as well , good choice at breakfast in a lovely room, decoration all over excellent as well no faults

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Restful, peaceful very comfortable most enjoyable stay.

Helpful friendly staff. Beautiful location. Close to town centre. Excellent food and varied menu. Loved the plunge pool and other leisure facilities. We received a room upgrade with sparkling wine as we were on honeymoon.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

I was there for a wedding and the service at the wedding was...
    • Standard Single Room

There seemed to be alot of bar staff around but sometimes it was hard to get a drink at the bar. Also there are alot of steps to deal with on the 1st floor which would not be ideal for anyone who finds steps difficult Breakfast was only warm the 1st morning I was there

I was there for a wedding and the service at the wedding was excellent

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

Absolutely gorgeous hotel.

Breakfast was a self service buffet and I have had better at lower rated hotels. For a 4 star hotel I expected breakfast cooked to order.

Absolutely gorgeous hotel. The lady who greeted us at reception was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom. The beds were very comfortable. There was air conditioning in the room and comfortable arm chairs. The swimming pool and jacuzzi were very nice. The grounds of the hotel were very nice.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

Poor room facilities - no tea/coffee and WiFi didn’t...
    • Standard Single Room

Poor room facilities - no tea/coffee and WiFi didn’t work. Very noisy due to wedding guests partying in the corridor. Gym didn’t open until 9am. Poor selection at breakfast. The hotel came nowhere near meeting my expectations given the 4 star rating

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

Staff all friendly, pleasant and helpful.

Bedrooms a bit dated (although clean and adequate!) and bed a tad small, only negatives we could find.

Staff all friendly, pleasant and helpful. Food very good. Pool and jacuzzi perfect. Rooms clean. Very good value for money.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Far from a four star hotel - however is clean and comfortable.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The receptionist was not friendly when we arrived as we arrived early at 1.30pm, and proceeded to tell us so. This is not a four star hotel. The bathroom was something out of the 70’s. Toilet was so close to the wall you had to sit sideways. Toilet paper was in a public bathroom dispenser unit. Marble countertop was cracked, and had a large separation through it - not hygienic. No facecloths. The walls leading up to the bedrooms were desperately needing repair and paint. The porter who helped with our bags asked us where we were from, we advised NZ, and he replied with, “Oh the land of the savages”. Not impressed at all. Air conditioning unit needs professional cleaning. Breakfast was not an acceptable standard for a “four star hotel”. No movie channels available, just crappy TV channels.

Beds were comfortable and room had air conditioning. Good view onto the ruins. Leisure centre was good, and had a spinner to partially dry your swimming costume.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Pleasant comfortable and returnable!
    • Standard Single Room

The washing line in my room was broken (room 50)

I stay at the Abbey very year during The Percy French Festival and always found it excellant ,comfortable with good facilities, good food and lovely staff.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Clean.

A truly fabulous experience.

Clean. Comfortable. Beautiful surroundings. Lovely old building and grounds. Breakfast was nice. Staff are friendly. Everything.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Does what it says on the tin.....
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

It's a period hotel, so it is quite basic. Which is too be expected.

Even tho it is old, it is clean and good value! :) I loved the Old Abbey to the rear of the Hotel. Pleasant stay overall. No complaints.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Lovely hotel to stay !!

I like most things about this hotel but I think the bar men could do with being more pleasant and more efficient! It took two to make a cocktail reading from a folder !!! And to clear away the tables more often !!

We love this hotel for a night away!

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Stayed over a weekend.
    • Standard Single Room

Stayed over a weekend.. Bad mistake. Wedding seem to take priority. Bar was packed had to wait for bar to clear out into the ballroom for wedding reception to go in the bar. Advised at restaurant dinner was an hour later on Wedding days. Second time in restaurant had to ask for coffee and never offered or given toast. Only place to get water was to go in the bar and buy a bottle

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Lovely old fashioned hotel but with modern comforts.

Nothing everything was fine

I have stayed here before and it is always excellent. Lovely staff who are very helpful. Great breakfast. Room was big and comfortable. Very quiet. I will stay there again and recommend it highly.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Staff were very nice and friendly.
    • Standard Single Room

Couldn't sleep I got woken during night with a couple fighting next door. Walls so thin I could hear everything. I could then hear snoring and then when they got up for shower. So disappointing as I know I always expect a good night sleep in a hotel.

Staff were very nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Comfortable stay, great location, lovely garden and bar facilities.

Bathroom bit dated and tv had few channels even rte channels had bad reception.

Good location, staff were lovely, very pretty garden and nice modern bar and restaurant area. Set in nice peaceful surrondings with a lovely landmark nearby.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Good value for overnight stay.

Shower curtain, personally I would prefer glass screen. No water provided in room.

Room was clean and comfortable with safe in room. Bar food was enjoyable and staff were efficient and friendly. Leisure centre was clean and lockers worked on €1 deposit slot. Swimwear spin drier in changing room. Relaxing seating grass area outside front of hotel.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Business stay
    • Standard Single Room

My room was very noisy at night from kitchen fans & service areas which were down the corridor.

Lovely hotel. Nice decor, very pretty & comfortable. Good food. Very friendly & helpful staff.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Food was good .

Room didn't meet my expectations..was disappointed. Felt it was a bit dated

Food was good .... staff were friendly. Easy check in. Nice bar. Lovely garden . Good location.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Nice location by the old Abbey in Roscommon.

Nice location by the old Abbey in Roscommon. A close walking distance to town. Large, spacious rooms. The hotel facilities like the bar, restaurant and sitting areas were quite nice.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Nice hotel. Staff very helpful. Nice pool. Nice grounds. Food really let place down and insects in

Dinner not good. Overcooked. Dry. Deep fried prawns full of grease. Had to send back. Didnt get another. Left for 20 mins looking to order a drink . Only 4 tables full. Breakfast same. Sausages bacon eggs all well over cooked.

Staff helpful. Nice swimming pool.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Really lovely stay!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Nothing negative to say. A suggestion to enhance the experience would be some more outdoor seating with access to the bar to take advantage of the lovely grounds on a sunny day.

Lovely friendly staff. Loved the decor in the bar and the cocktails. Restaurant food is excellent, top notch steaks and generous sides. Relaxed and comfortable stay. Very happy customer!

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Fabulous Hotel

Staff make the stay amazing, couldn’t do enough for us. Food was good and rooms were very clean and comfortable. We will definitely be visiting again.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

nice staff

crowded at busy times

nice staff quiet location, restful lovely old prints on walls good food parking good within walking distance of town centre and old abbey ruins

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Looking forward to a longer stay the next time

Staff went above and beyond in looking after us. We arrived late at night, left early the next morning and yet each staff member we met treated us as if we were VIPs. A special mention to the lady who checked us in and out and smoothed over a misunderstanding on my part with total professionalism!

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Leisure facilities good, location good - close to town

Nice hotel and had a good stay but room wasn't great - starting to show signs of wear and tear.

Leisure facilities good, location good - close to town

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Great Visit to Roscommon

The room was spacious and the beds comfy. Very busy hotel, communion party and confirmation party in restaurant. Group of Americans arrived and attended bar for bar-food, the staff were well able to cater for all.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

Functional and convenient

Hairdryer only works in short bursts. But that was the only very small fault. Room was clean and fresh

As I was travelling for work I didn't avail of the breakfast option which would have cost more so I cant comment on the food but overall stay was comfortable.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Very relaxing, can't wait to go back!

Although they have massage facilities (they can have a lady come on site for massage) there is no dedicated spa which in my opinion would have made our relaxing stay just perfect.

The staff were very friendly and efficient, especially Shawn in the bar. We ate in the restaurant both nights and the food was exceptionally good. We used the pool facilities and the towels and hats were provided for us which was great. Our room was a great size and tastefully decorated. We had a very peaceful sleep both nights.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Really enjoyed a short stay for a special occassion.

Having to leave.

Dinner was lovely & Michael was extra helpful & thoughtful. Carmel & Bernie at reception were excellent. Fish for breakfast was brilliant. Don't change your attitude to customers, its top class.

Relaxin and comfy

Would like leisure centre to be a bit more bright.Colours/lightin a bit dark. Steam room not hot.

Comfy rooms very asseable. Helpful friendly staff

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

overall enjoyed the stay.

we booked 2 rooms. Room 83 the Bath was very narrow, and the shower was located on the main wall inside the bath !! so very little room to shower, unless you turned sideways with the shower at your side !! Room 81 had the shower located at the end of the bath which makes more sense.

Food excellent. friendly staff , spacious room,. Overall a lovely stay, will visit again

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

Friendly staff, beautiful spacious room, breakfast included,...
    • Standard Single Room

Wifi difficult to start up

Friendly staff, beautiful spacious room, breakfast included, great value for money, free parking and lovely view of the old Abbey as well as right in town.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2018

Excellent helpful pleasant hotel with good facilities.
    • Standard Single Room

Suggest that Booking.Com should have informed us ahead that the Lounge and Dining Room would be closed during our 2 night stay.

We were visiting Roscommon from UK to attend a funeral. The staff are absolutely lovely, incredibly pleasant / friendly and helpful....e.g. accommodated us with (very) early check in (as we needed to get spruced up and changed after flying over from UK), also very kindly gave us a very early breakfast on departure day as we needed to leave at 6.30 am. The bedrooms are especially spacious. The Lounge and normal Dining Room were unfortunately shut for refurbishment but that was only for a couple of nights, and alternate arrangements were made for guests in 'the ballroom' area. Location is very good, right in the town. Substantial proper swimming pool and gym. Our thanks to all the exceptionally professional dedicated staff.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

short stay in January
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bar food is very expensive. The staff were wonderful & were very attentive but the food is very expensive for nice but simple bar food.

The staff could not have been nicer. The hotel is very comfortable. We had our little baby with us, it was a nice warm hotel.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

I would not recommend a hotel that will steal.

The food could have been a little bit better. Wasn't really worth the money. And most of all, I didnt like the attitude of some staff. Mainly the attitude of the staff that worked at the bar and food area wernt very welcoming and for the cherry on top, whoever cleaned our room whilst he had gone out had searched through not one, but two of our bags. When we mentioned it at reception they got back to us at 9pm through the phone trying to say that the bag must have only been knocked down when it's clear if a bag has been knocked down or not. My partners clothes were completely taken out of the bag which was placed on a spare bed which meant the cleaners had no business whatsoever being near that bed as nothing had to be done to it. Also whilst we learned that while we went to the leisure centre the staff had yet again invaded our privacy by opening our room door and checking it when what you're supposed to do is mention it to us by "oh would you mind if we check if if there's something wrong with your door whilst you guys go to the leisure centre?" and not just go ahead without letting us know until after it was done. Nothing was taken from our bags as we did not leave anything important for it to be taken, but what if we did? I would like to know how your staff would have handled that situation rather than practically brushing it off your shoulders and making it out as we were lying about the situation. We did not ask for an apology or anything to compensate what had happened. So we would have appreciated it if we were treated better. A little common sense would go a long way.

I liked the facilities it had, it had a leisure centre which included an indoor pool, sauna, jacuzzi and a sauna which guests could use free of charge.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Service in the barn the prices

Restaurant over priced..bar food came out cold ..also ordered cheese board..came out with out crackers n drinks ..crackers came out dumped on the plate 20 mins later..waited another 15 on the glass of wine. .it was midweek place was not even busy

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

Very pleasant stay and very comfortable

We were given a family room although we booked a double and although the bed was very comfortable , all the beds were very shabbily made with the base of the bed on show and the duvet cover just thrown on and very creased

• Reviewed: November 22, 2017

Great place for a chillout
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Rooms were fine but... the double bed was tiny, what is wrong with the UK and Ireland that you get these ridiculously small "double" beds. I've seen bigger singles! We asked and got a second duvet but that didn't make it any better. The secret of a long and happy marriage is as far as we are concerned a large bed and separate duvets! This is nothing to do with the hotel per se but why do people have to wear swimming hats in pools in Ireland? Germany did away with this rubbish many years ago, I won't even go into the prudish wearing of clothing in the saunas etc. that seems to be down to the sexually uptight Irish and Brits (of which I am one - Brit that is and not a prude). And why kids are not allowed in jacuzzis due to "Elf un Sayfti" is a mystery only known to Island dwellers!

Breakfast was very good, they even served proper coffee (ie espresso) when asked. Real Irish cheese rather than plastic packaged single portions of rubber would have been appropriate considering what area of the country we were in! Kids loved the pool as did we. We also found the steam room very good. Location was excellent, the town is nice and the hotel food and drinks are fine and reasonably priced. All in all apart from the postage stamp of a double bed we had a great time.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2017

The room was large and the bed very comfortable.

The bar could have been a little warmer, there are alot of internal doors which seem to be left open all the time

The room was large and the bed very comfortable. The shower was excellent. The breakfast was very tasty. The staff friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

Charming, elegant hotel
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Would like to have had a bit more variety at breakfast

Lovely old building with antique furniture and art Great facilities, pool, excellent massage/therapist Friendly, helpful and pleasant staff Lots to do and see in the area especially Strokestown House Good food Great value

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

Wonderful and would love to come back

Can’t think of a thing

I liked the lighting and other energy effiigencies they utilized. The 2 middle answers were because we didn’t use the air conditioning nor drank tea. It was a very comfortable and enjoyable place to stay

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

Comfortable, warm and friendly

Was happy with everything

I thought the staff were very accommodating and friendly. My mother and father arrived to the bar just before 9, after a long day at my aunt’s funeral. Although it was near closing time, the staff accomodated my parents with a bowl of soup.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

Perfect start to our week in Ireland!

I had asked for an early check in and when we arrived, a large tour bus was leaving so I thought it would be impossible! I asked the gal at the desk, Orla, it was about 8:30 and the cleaning folks had not come in yet. She suggested we have breakfast in the restaurant. We did, it was perfect, and when went back to the desk, Orla said someone will do our room first and it should be ready in 30 minutes. They just could not have been anymore accommodating. The room was great, location perfect! Will definitely return there when in Roscommon. Highly recommend the Abbey Hotel!!

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Lovely hotel with nice facilities

Could've done with tea making facilities in the room. Breakfast wasn't great, felt like it had been lying around for a while!

The room was spacious, very comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

Do yourself a favour and book this !
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

What a fabulous hotel. We had a Genius deal on booking.com and it was an absolute bargain. Beautiful old country Manor House close to the town centre with lovely staff. The period decor was so beautiful. The food was fabulous and very reasonably priced as were the drinks. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

Too short a stay to enjoy this lovely hotel

everything was perfect

The unique ambiance and special feeling of a traditional family run hotel as distinct from modern chain hotels. Also the staffing with Irish personnel and ease of communication it brings. Beautiful dining room layout and decor throughout the hotel. The room was a treat overlooking the garden and super quiet. Nicest hotel we've stayed in for some time. Our compliments. Would love a longer stay next time.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Stayed for a wedding, food lovely and nice hotel
    • Standard Single Room

Food next day was a disaster queued for 20 minutes to get just a sandwich (was not busy) and gave up waiting went elsewhere.

Stayed for a wedding, food lovely and nice hotel

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

ok, it was comfy .

slightly more expensive than the room my sister stayed in and I was a single person . could have offered me a smaller room . i did not realise my room was going to be 15 euros more expensive that the room she had . silly but felt a bit ripped off.

its was cosy ,

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

great food, great fun, great people

Having to leave, ha

I was attending a friend's wedding, got a very warm welcome when I arrived, one memory I take away with me was the food it was fantastic, I've recommend this hotel to my friends

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

Perfect for what I needed.
    • Standard Single Room

The bathroom floor flooded when I used the shower - some drainage would be a good idea!

The staff were fantastic - very helpful and friendly. The leisure/health centre is small but ideal for a quick workout while away. I was staying over to compete in a nearby triathlon the following day and was allowed to bring my bike into the room instead of leaving it in the car - piece of mind sorted!

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

It was a lovely hotel with good facilities and very helpful staff.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Tv was very dated with limited channels. Room service was only in operation until 9:30. We ate in the bar on the first night of our stay and would have eaten there again on our second night but the bar was so full we couldn't have sat comfortably without people resting on the table and chairs.

We Price Match