Reviews of McWilliam Park Hotel 4 stars

Kilcolman Road, Claremorris, Ireland

#5 of 9 hotels in Claremorris

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing to complain about, first time in the hotel, it's brilliant place,

The bed extra comfy, the staff extra helpful, especially Frances in the bar, he is just excellent,

• Double or Twin Room

We stayed in room 128 and I never slept a wink with the noise of a motor fan or something like that which was on the wall outside out room and we had to leave window open all nite because it was so warm so I couldn’t wait to get home to get into my own comfy quiet room !! But my friends room was nice and peaceful !!!

• Double or Twin Room

Over all a very enjoyable stay in the hotel.

Value for money. Staff very helpful. Best hotel I have ever stayed in. Music in the bar delightful. Bar staff fast and efficient.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was very warm but it was early June and in the middle of a heatwave. Eircon would have helped.

The hotel is lovely, we were there for a wedding. The food was top class. The room was very spacious, it had a double and single bed.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The leisure centre was very well maintained. The hotel is spotless . The breakfast was delicious. I would rate this hotel as 10/10

• Double or Twin Room

The first room we were given was above the kitchen fan...we could not get asleep with the roar off the fan....we asked to be moved and got a brillant room..many thanks.

The room was big and airy...great big comfortable bed and a really spacious bathroom..great views from the room as well.

• Double or Twin Room

I thought I booked a family room 2 adults 2 children...that was mot the case when I arrived. When booking put in children & their ages what went wrong????very un satisfactory

The room was very comfortable

• Double or Twin Room

had dinner on night one. Starter was a 'seafood cocktail' . This was like cat food - I have no idea what was in it - pretty awful. I ordered a bottle of Argentinian Malbec - thinking it was a safe bet - it was a bottle with a screw cap ( red wine !) for which I was charged € 31.00. This wine was barely drinkable and I know would have cost the hotel perhaps € 4.00 . Suffice it to say, I did not have dinner the second night.

Now a buffet service - much better. A bit limited in choice of cereals /juices - cheap orange juice - from concentrate.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could flow better start as you come in the door and finish at the toaster.plates were at the wrong end and hidden under a steel cover,but the friendly staff were quick to help,i think there could be more choice for breakfast to that just my view,but overall great place to stay would recommend it value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were unfriendly and unwelcoming. the facilities in the room left a lot to be desired, usually on hospitality tray there would be tea, coffee and milk and in some places a biscuit etc, there was two tea bags when we arrived and the following day we asked for more as we had used the two tea bags the night before the cleaner was upset with us asking and said that they only have 2 and did not give any more milk, for the price paid for the room this was not good customer service

It was a nice hotel

I found the bar staff very inefficient when ordering food both evenings. I was left standing for a while on both occasions before anyone came to give me a menu and again when paying for the meals

Stayed two nights - warm welcome at reception and found the room comfortable. Had two nice evening meals in the bar.

• Double or Twin Room

Room and carpet were very dusty. Plates and empty pint glass left on corridor floor outside our room. Hotel interior looks very tired in general.

Beds were comfy. Plenty of parking.

Nil complaints...

Lovely hotel with friendly and helpful staff who were very accomodating in all areas of the hotel. Rooms are well appointed and spacious. Beautiful meal in the restaurant and entertainment in the bar. Unfortunately we did not have the time to visit the Leisure centre but it looked inviting and clean .

• Double or Twin Room

the food in bar v good and the staff v helpfull, was disappointed i couldnt get single room as i had to pay for double, i wish hotels would look in to this matter as alot of single people travel alone. would prefer if there was no dancing in bar just for food and drinks, regards ann

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was dated for a 4 star hotel. Could do with better bathroom suite. Heat in the room was too high. I turned down the radiator to what it said 2 on the dial, but could not sleep with the temperature in the room :(

Where do I start... the food was fantastic The facilities were great Loved the room and the bar

• Double or Twin Room

Silly things really. No biscuits with the tea and coffee and limited milk. I'm sure you would get them if you asked but you shouldn't have to! The pillows very hard but when asked for new ones I was told they are all hard!! Softer pillows please.

The leisure facilities are great. All staff are extremely friendly. Excellent hospitality. Didnt have breakfast so cant comment but ate in the bar and it was a lovely meal.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Restaurant in bar area was not very cosy.

Staff were very friendly. The kids club was great, the kids really enjoyed it and myself and my husband enjoyed a quiet meal. The guy in the pool area invited me to join in the aqua aerobics which I did and really enjoyed. One of the chefs at breakfast was really friendly with my 4 yr old son, which he was delighted with as he loves cooking.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

given key to room which when we went up to was not nearly ready back down wait again to be given another room 228 remote for tv not working.long 25mins wait for breakfast but staff where very nice and doing there best

• Double or Twin Room

Just a little pricey with kids, both accomodation and food.

Staff were just fantastic esp in the restaurant.. went over and above with kindness!Esp the restaurant supervisor and another guy think he was called Frances.

• Double or Twin Room

We’re ignored by some staff. Cold plates available for hot breakfast buffet. No scrambled egg first morning. No tomatoes or mushrooms either morning. No semi skimmed milk. Only skimmed which wasn’t cold. Piece missing of bath/shower connector. Shower head not working properly. Cracked floor tiles in bathroom.

Warm room. Some staff were friendly but not all.

• Double or Twin Room

I liked everything about the hotel.

The bed was lovely to sleep on. My sister and I use the swimming pool which was lovely. Nice hotel will be back again.

• Double or Twin Room

There didn’t seem to be a thermal suite available at the spa which we would have liked to use.

The room was spotless albeit the decor was slightly outdated. This didn’t matter at all though as the beds were so comfortable. We ate in the bar during our stay and the food was absolutely delicious and very reasonably priced too. We also used the leisure facilities and the pool was very nice although that particular day the sauna was out of order. The breakfast was nice in the morning although we would have liked a bigger fruit selection. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back!

• Double or Twin Room

The carpets are a little threadbare in some places probably an indication of just how popular the hotel is.

The staff are very obliging. The rooms and all public areas are light and airy making for a very comfortable experience. The entertainment in the bar was brilliant. The hotel is very conveniently located just off the N17.

• Double or Twin Room

Bar staff a bit grumpy. We had ran late and needed food. They where less helpful but reception staff amazing and helped.

In general staff where amazing. It was a surprise birthday present and the staff went out of their way to help me with arrangements.

My room was above the function room so I could hear the band very clearly in my room, the night staff did offer to move me but I decided not to as the music was stopping at 1. I cant remember the name of the man who I spoke to but he was very helpful.

very comfortable bed, great pressure in shower, very clean room.

• Double or Twin Room

We found the lighting in the bedroom very poor as the children like to read in bed before they go to sleep. The rooms to the front of the hotel were a little noisey from the traffic on the main road and people leaving the hotel late at night.

The bar food was very tasty, service good and efficient. The leisure facilites were good though the dressing rooms were quite cold after we got out of the pool.

• Double or Twin Room

We could hear the live music from the bar in our room which meant we could not sleep. We were offered an alternative room away from the music when we complained but at that point we were settled in the room. I suggested that the reception staff enquire during check in if the guest is planning on going to the bar for the live music as if not the guest could be allocated a room away from the music.

Good location, good size room and bathroom. Room service available.

• Double or Twin Room

No hot water in room when we checked in. this was rectified later . The TV reception was poor. The TV itself needed replacing.

All staff were very nice and helpful especially reception. Lovely to get food after the dance.

• Double or Twin Room

When we got there to the hotel, we couldn’t get parked, some people had taken up two spaces by parking badly.

More parking spaces would be a big improvement

• Double or Twin Room

Very noisy so unable to sleep, lot of noise in corridor and from foyer until after 2am, fire alarm went off and no apologies about it from reception in the morning, no fruit and yoghurt for breakfast

Very friendly staff, good location, great breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

Room was far too hot- didn't realise we could turn down radiators ourselves- we should have called down to reception so that was our fault. Other than that everything was perfect- 3rd time staying here.

Great stay again- good value for money

• Double or Twin Room

In a nutshell, any room at the front of the hotel was a hassle for me. Too near the noisy road, plus there were many loud drunk people walking back to the hotel up until 4am.That and the fact that cigarette smoke kept wafting up into my room. I had to have the window open because I prefer a cold room. The heat was too much for me, but fine for others I'm sure. Two nights later I stayed in the hotel again, but this time I asked for a room at the back of the hotel. The difference was huge. Firstly I turned off the radiator and had the window mostly open. I had a great nights sleep with no disturbance this time.

I liked the friendly vibe from the staff, and the lively atmosphere from all the people who travelled there for the dancing.

• Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the air conditioning unit was very loud, as it was located right outside our room window,

Great location, easy access, the staff were very helpful, had a lovely dinner which was served by a very knowledgeable waitress, who helped us with our choices, and couldn't do enough for us , breakfast was simple but good, will be back again, soon.

• Double or Twin Room

Bed yes great ,back in June for Bridies birthda,myroom109 please a.plus one for Eileen,secret.dont know numbers for the meal,soon as I have spoken to Michell will speak again. Bus from from airport excellent,leftis on the door step.Good wishes to all Maire and Leicester.

• Double or Twin Room

This is more a good 3 star than a 4 star. But is very good value for money!

Great value B&B! Staff are very friendly. Nice seating area just before the bar.

• Double or Twin Room

Chips mediocre but sandwich terrific

The great plus in the McWilliam Park is that its cleanliness and comfort are excellent but it really wins your heart because the staffer so friendly helpful and courteous.

• Double or Twin Room

The selection for breakfast was very poor, no gluten free cereal or bread. Also on the hot buffet, allergens was not displayed on items of food.

The staff was very friendly and always helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

We had an issue overpayment. My partner arrived first and there was no record of me paying bill on PayPal. So had to pay by credit card . Only that the bill came up in conversation I became aware of it. After showing my receipt fro. PayPal and that it had been removed from my account was it sorted . Receptionist was helpful but did apologise for mistake which could have cost us double If we had spoken about it

Just a nice hotel!

• Double or Twin Room

The Noise to our room from foyer/reception. I went closed the door to corridor to try & shut it out but someone left it open again. We'd requested early checkin as had early start & had full days & late nights in front of us with wedding & baptism. We got in room at 2.45pm. Couldn't get any rest for noise which continued as awards ceremony or something so lots of people in foyer. Noise travelled up. No rest. Not having hot water for shower on Saturday morning. No notification from hotel eventhough they knew of problem early on. I phoned down & they said 1hr, it wasn't. When I asked if the pool area showers were working I got from reception No, all on same system. No compensation offered for inconvenience, not even a drink etc.

The bar & restaurant staff. Car parking easy. Beds comfortable enough.

• Double or Twin Room

We were staying in the hotel as a stop gap the day before a wedding in another town. The hotel is fine, but could be cleaner given the prices the charge. It's by no means a 4 star hotel and is in dire need of a facelift. There was a wedding in the hotel the night we stayed and the crowd were questionable and extremely loud, shouting in the halls etc. There did not seem to be a night porter to police this so people seemed to have free run of the place at all Hours. The beds were not overly comfy so despite the lack of sleep after a long drive from dublin late at night, getting up for breakfast was no issue!

Staff were pleasant, breakfast was ok but given the location there wasn't exactly many other options

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast finished too early for a Sunday and wedding party. Doorway of room narrow

Rooms spacious. Wedding meal good, hot and efficiently served. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

The only issue I had was the same as I have in almost every hotel I've ever stayed in - hard pillows! I'd love to have a choice of softness available in the room so I could wake up without sore ears!

The staff were very pleasant and the room was spacious, clean and well appointed. The hotel had all of the amenities you would expect and it was conveniently located.

• Double or Twin Room

My brothers wedding was here this weekend. the hotel staff were fantastic and i got a lovely room in Business class. Special thanks to Katie the wedding co-ordinator and Rebecca in reception.

Everything was excellent.

Great place to stay spent 2 great nights in the hotel. Music and dancing on both nights. Breakfast was excelent as was dinner. Would stay again.

No faults.

Excellent, courteous, helpful ,friendly Staff. Free parking, Ideal location. Recommend to all. Choice for Breakfast was great and Staff were excellent. I will make better use of the Gym on my next Stay

• Double or Twin Room

There was an event on the day meaning access to the hotel was restricted by car - we had to park in the village and walk up to the hotel with our luggage - would have been nice to have been warned

• Double or Twin Room

Personally I prefer breakfast cooked to order and waiter service at the table. Our table wasn't laid out correctly, condiments were missing, jug was empty, cup was chipped -which I returned to staff. I had to keep asking for items. Bit disappointing.

Lovely cosy bedroom with comfy sofa. Lovely comfortable couches/armchairs in the main bar. Lovely swimming pool.

• Double or Twin Room

The only thing was it was a very busy hotel and especially on the Sunday we stayed there were no tables available for us to eat when we wanted in the evening time as quite a few had been reserved for others

Breakfast was lovely and plentifully and well presented. The bar food was good no matter what time of day you ate at.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Noise from loud guests in smoking area. Went on very late. Breakfast room felt crowded and small. Service in bar was very slow. Understaffed in bar and reception.

The staff were friendly. Comfy spacious room.

• Double or Twin Room

Pool shower rooms and changing area could have been cleaner, bits on floor just left

Staff ultra efficient finding bus or taxi times even if taxis are expensive.

• Double or Twin Room

Very warm in room at night hard to sleep but was a clammy night anyway

Lovely hotel staff so friendly and helpful, amazing food ate breakfast lunch and dinner in hotel and each was delicious. Great leisure centre and facilities.

• Double or Twin Room

Room not serviced on first day until after 4 PM and only after we complained. Pool use required swimming hat and we had not been advised before arriving. Also were told we had to pay for swimming hats to use the pool. Spectacles were not allowed in the pool. Entertainment was not as expected, no traditional Irish music.

Excellent breakfast,very good choice and service. Room comfortable and we both slept well. Pool and Jacuzzi were very good.

• Double or Twin Room

The temperature of the room was a little too warm. We requested a fan, however, we were told they did not have any.

The room was clean and comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

Booking.com was actually an issue as they booked the wrong number of people on the wrong night only that the receptionist called me to confirm I would not have known

Bed was very comfortable, rashers were perfectly cooked, staff really nice.

• Double or Twin Room

the room we were give was on the first floor above the bar. they had a live act on and it was very noisy coming through the floor. also there was a lot of noise from the guests standing below our window smoking and making noise until 2am. we could not have the window open and the ventilation in the room was non existent. also being close to the main stair/lift lobby, people were noisy coming past the room until quite late - 2.30/3.00am.

the hotel was well located close enough to the airport. it also had the facilities needed and was clean and tidy

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The food was really lovely but unfortunately the bar are was a very unpleasant place to eat. We ate there twice; once during the day and once in the evening time. The are was very very cold which was offputting and also quite dark. There was also an odd smell in the room. The evening meal's food was also good but the bar was quite busy and made the today experience rather unenjoyable. This all is unfortunate as the food and staff serving us were so lovely.

The hotel was nice as was the room in which we were staying. Cannot fault the accommodation what so ever.

• Double or Twin Room

The bar had children (lots) after hours and thus the facility was not so good in terms of eating and socialising Bar had a sign that children had to be out by a certain time but everyone including staff ignored this pool changing room was tiny

the pool was fine and the coffee dock was a nice touch staff were very helpful and took care of any queries/complaints immediately

• Double or Twin Room

Comunal Changing room at pool tiny ,rather more space and privacy! Jacuzzi needs a clean ,food particles at bottom Food was better few years ago in pub,

Relaxed atmosphere,friendly staff,comfortable room ,great breakfast,even pancaje maker for kids,great idea!

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bar food was of poor quality and was very disappointing. The quality and flavor of the steak sandwich left a lot to be desired and the burger was under cooked to the point that it was red in the middle - very dangerous and off-putting.

The quality of the Guinness was good.

TV in room wasn't good, reception on most channels very poor.

We chose the hotel because of its proximity to Knock. Staff in the bar very friendly. Nice spacious room and I liked having a DVD player in the room for my children. My children really enjoyed the fairy garden, they felt it must be a very special hotel for fairies to live in the garden.

• Double or Twin Room

I was in the pool, I try take a pictures, and the staff very rude told me I can't , but she doesn't explain why, I'm from Brazil, we don't have these rules, I can't see any signs indicating I can't take a picture in the pool, I really like take a pictures there, is my holiday, pictures about myself and my partner, not another person, I felt like a criminal, there are a lot tourist from all parts of the world that would understand if there were signs. Now I understand because I searched in the internet,why you cannot take pictures, but the hotel should teach his staff to be more careful to explain and not be so rude to guests. It's bad experience your hotel, I can't recommend to my friends.

The accommodation

• Double or Twin Room

The bedroom is far too hot at night and during day,even with the window open. cracked floor tile in bathroom,wear slippers until they replace..also bedroom carpet not the cleanest.sauna was out of order,no water in swimming pool to have or buy after steamroom,bring some with you.,shower area not clean,loads of hairs on walls,yeuch.

all rec staff were lovely.loads of parking.music at night in bar,seating in front bar and foyer very good. Breakfast very good,staff helpful and served in restaurant,much nicer then bar restaurant .wi fi very good.

• Double or Twin Room

I felt the changing area in the pool (benches beside the lockers) was a little cramped, especially if trying to change children.

Food in the restaurant was lovely. The staff were very helpful and very interactive with children. Rooms were spacious, very clean and comfortable.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

In my opinion, I think this hotel should be a 3 star hotel. No air-conditioning in bedroom and the window would only open slightly. Stayed with kids and foldout bed had broken matrice support. Mens changing room for pool wasn't the cleanest, shower doors looked like they have seen better days and make sure you bring your own shower gel. Only had breakfast, food selection poor.

Staff were very nice and helpful. Hotel looks nice and the rooms are clean.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Be aware that on music weekends the live music in the bar is loud- we sat round the back the first evening and ate in the restaurant the second. Also music audible with windows open in room, but it didn't keep me awake.

The beds and bedding were comfortable. Breakfast was great and pancake machine very popular (though sadly malfunctioned on our second breakfast). The pool was fun. The restaurant was good value for the set menu with extra birthday treat for desert for my son. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff are helpful and friendly. Food I had had to have been the nicest tasting food I've ever had. We had dinner which was delicious and the breakfast was one of the best breakfast I have ever tasted. Great choice and food very hot and well cooked. I will definitely recommend this hotel and would love to return very soon

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was comfortable, ate in bar and enjoyed a lovely steak the bar was quite full. The room was nice and warm no noise at night. Breakfast was excellent great variety.

• Double or Twin Room

I had tried to book Saturday night weeks before I arrived couldn't be got! So booked Friday night instead €100b&b. When I asked reception they told me that my room was available again Saturday night but I would have to pay €180.00 BB ?I was disgusted & there's no way I was paying 180 for a room I was in the previous night no linen change etc required? So I left but would have taken the room if the price was reasonable ie max €100 b&b. I like you hotel but if you start to rip me off I won't be going back once a year as I always do..

• Double or Twin Room

Tge only thing that we didn't like was the music!! The man singing and playing keyboard played the same tune for every song, all songs were the same!!!

When we arrived we were chatting to they receptionist and we mentioned that we had just got married, she immediately upgraded us to The bridal Suit. She also said had she known before we arrived that they would of done more for us. Excellent staff throughout the hotel and the food was delicious. We will definitely be returning.

• Double or Twin Room

No complimentary bottles of water in the room...bit disappointing for a four star hotel.

Very helpful staff...good breakfast. ..tasty bar food with generous portions...very clean facilities

• Double or Twin Room

My fault but I should have paid a little more attention to what entertainment was on offer.

Excellent friendly staff, comfortable bed and a great breakfast. Guinness was good too. I will return whenever some of the big country dances are on. Can't think of a better place with the friendly people there. Rooms were nice and quiet.

• Double or Twin Room

We thought we would be arriving at a very family friendly hotel as I did have 2 children with me (age5,2) but didn't happen. Staff weren't good with the children at all. I felt uncomfortable every time I sat at reception with them and even when entering the pool the staff where extremely rude to my 5year old. Wouldn't be visiting again. Seemed more for older clientele. Rooms where not every clean!

• Double or Twin Room

Some staff very dismissive,in particular one male staff member that worked in the leisure centre he was moody,not friendly or approachable and was very rude to my child when he asked him a few questions about the pool on our first day.Our room was a good size but not clean,dust everywhere and the cleaning staff were poor,gave us fresh towels but didn't clean the sink or bath on two of the days.

Reception was good size,room was good size,bar food was nice

• Double or Twin Room

Could have Wifi all over the hotel not just in the reception area. Most other things were very good

Our room was top class Plenty of room and very comfortably heated. Tv was working and plenty of channels. Wifi, only available in the reception area of hotel Staff were very mannerly and helpful, and this was evident in all the staff we came in contact with. Breakfast was first class

• Double or Twin Room

The changing rooms in the swimming pool are poor, too small and no room! The bar menu could have more choice or vary it each day.

Friendly staff, excellent service and choice in the breakfast restaurant. Very good to be able to use the swimming pool when staying in the hotel. Near the main road so easy to find.