Reviews of Moyvalley Hotel & Golf Resort 4 stars

Balyna Estate, Moyvalley, Moyvally, Ireland

#1 of 1 hotels in Moyvally

Nothing.. we loved it

The staff were brilliant, we got a free upgrade on arrival which was lovely, food and cocktails we brilliant but best of all we got engaged here so it will forever be a special place for us :) we even got prossecco and a dessert platter to celebrate.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The aircon wasn't working in our room so it was quite difficult to sleep

The hotel was in a perfect location, a car is needed but the drive from the entrance to the hotel was lovely. Staff were so friendly, especially Monika in the bar, she is an asset to your hotel! The bar was a nice relaxing atmosphere, especially the terrace. The food was amazing and reasonably priced. I can't wait to return!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There wasn't anything I didn't like

Lovely hotel set on a fabulous golf course in beautiful surroundings so relaxing anywhere we sat The staff in all areas were extremely pleasant and helpful Food fabulous and very reasonable We would most certainly stay here again enjoyed it thoroughly from start to finish

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff didn't provide any info or help when asked about golfing options for beginners several times. I went to this golf hotel and couldn't know if I could book a slot, the price, conditions, if I had to rent additional equipment, if we would have received any beginners help... Asked over the phone twice to different people, vague answers and visibly annoyed with follow up questions. Asked twice in person too. Only friendly and professional person from the staff was the woman that welcomes you for the breakfast. Her talent is being wasted in this hotel. Wouldn't come back.

Good place to relax near Dublin, beautiful green scenery

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Aircon didn't work in 1st room but we were quickly moved to another room. Thank you.

Comfortable rooms & good breakfast. I would have liked to play golf but I was short of time.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was dirty they need to clean the tile with bleach. There wasn’t any air conditioning and when requested they brushed us off. There were guest that were talking and screaming in the halls in the early hours of the morning for 3 hours. The manager the next day just made trivial conversation and did nothing to resolve the situation to satisfaction!

The sandwich was good at the restaurant.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Aircon was broken in the first room which usually doesn't matter in Ireland but the room has lovely big windows and so the room is a sun trap so it was roasting About 20 minutes after arriving we called to get it fixed, they said they would turn it on from downstairs. An hour later we called again and the same reply about fixing it downstairs. An hour later we called again and they said they would send up a fan, when a staff member arrived with a desk fan for the whole room! I asked them to try get the aircon sorted and to get a new room if it could not be switched on. An hour or 2 later when we were going for dinner we went to reception to request a new room, we were given a new room key and told we could move our belongings. The room also had broken aircon! We went back to reception and were told there were no more balcony rooms but that the night manager would come talk with us once they were in. Eventually after a few hours in the restaurant we asked the restaurant manager and he quickly resolved the problem moving our belongings to a first floor balcony room with with working aircon and brought the new room key to us while we were in the restaurant. The working aircon wasn't great anyway though. Restaurant is nice for a drink but the food isn't great value. Breakfast is poor, but that's nearly all hotels

-Rooms were a nice size and the bed was great. -The balcony was nice to sit out on on a sunny day. -The grounds of the hotel are very nice. -Easy to get to from Dublin on the M4 -Restaurant is lovely for a drink

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hotel was full when we arrived and our room was double booked so we got upgraded to those self catering cottage. It was very nice, good value for money. Very comfy beds, lovely showers, good customer service. Really enjoyed the stay

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Used Moyvalley for an overnight before a flight from Dublin the next morning, comfortable 45 mins to the airport. Hotel grounds offer a great parkland location with great space for walks and golf. Great value

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We arrived late and had only 30 min before the restaurant closed. The burger was very dry. The server was not the most hospitable as we expected.

The room and bed was very comfortable. The onion soup was great. Breakfast was a great selection and attendant was delightful. Front desk staff very nice

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The aircon in the room wasn't working but keeping the balcony door open helped cool the room.

Good quality food at the sundial restaurant with very pleasant and helpful staff.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff were extremely helpful. There was an issue with the accessible room but they had it sorted before we arrived. They gave us the suite of rooms opposite so that we could use the bathroom facilities in the accessible room which was all we needed

• Superior Double or Twin Room

For me personally smaller helpings of dinner n that’s it. I like small meals n if people wanted more ask for seconds. So nothing really I didn’t like that’s just me

Staff very pleasant n helpful especially Catherine? Not too sure of name she helped me with a issue over breakfast n didn’t have to do what she did but it was very much appreciated by my husband n myself so thanks to her.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Friendly, helpful staff, great breakfast, beautiful decor and spectacular grounds. A special need regarding storage of medicine was met to perfection, and invaluable printed directions were ready for me on check-in. Excellent service!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A little remote from towns etc but that's not a negative really depending what you are looking for.

Beautiful grounds, great for walks and a small playground for kids

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Their knowledge of a good bloody Mary was lacking but that's now sorted

The hotel is great, modern in a traditional landscape but what makes this hotel stand out is the the staff who work there, genuinely friendly and interested in making your stay as comfortable as possible, exactly what you want when you go for a short break

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We booked a room but upgraded to a lovely cottage which was a quiet and comfortable place to work. We were also able to get a later check out time to maximise our time there and it was perfect for our purposes. The staff were excellent.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The coffee machine was very slow and as a result we didn't get good coffee.

The waitress for breakfast was very nice and couldn't do more for us.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I could not complain about anything

The entire stay was excellent from arrival to departure.All staff ( reception ,restaurant and breakfast area were very pleasant and helpful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Absolutely nothing could be better...

Food was excellent, staff extremely warm and welcoming, will definitely recommend and most definitely will be visiting your beautiful hotel again...thank you all so very much

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Receptionist staff (male guy in particular) was very nice. bar staff equally helpful and nice. Young. Breakfast really good. Brown brown yum. Setting rural but not far from main roads.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I felt the out side was tired in appearance and could do with power washing and painting

the room was clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Wi bad very bad reception, the tea facialities in the room were dirty and not usualable, the door stopper in the bathroom very near the bath is a risk to acidents that will happen the night staff that was ment to be on was not availabil for customers arriving late and genuine complaints are not listened to. ........... I'm well aware that my spelling is not good but I'm sure who reads this will understand what I'm saying!

The staff in the bar were very friendly

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was no room service menu and even after asking for it I was told it was in the book and to look again. Breakfast was a little below par but enough to get something.

Rooms were large and airy.

Mattress and so uncomfortable

Hated the bed. It was 2 singles pushed together and so so uncomfortable. Both of us couldn't sleep mattress was so bad.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Returned to the hotel after heading away for the night and found all doors locked and no staff present. The telephone number displayed was not answered 4 times and the buzzer on the door was also not answered. Resorted to beeping the horn of my car and flashing the lights at a member of staff cleaning upstairs to let us in.

I was very impressed by the price and quality of food and the speed of room service. The staff were also very welcoming and friendly.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed was very hard and could do with a few more pillows. If you like a hard bed it's ideal for you but I prefer a softer one.

Hotel is lovely. Food was very good. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Beautiful setting.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed was a little on the springy side and every drawer being closed in the next room could be heard.

The shower was great and great breakfast selection.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not applicable , I like your hotel it's just a pleasant

The ambience was superb. I always relax when I come to your hotel I also enjoy your golf course

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bathrooms definitely need more maintenance, cracked tiles, cracked toilet seat, mold etc. We needed to be moved from our initial room because of noise disturbance due to a party in the hotel but the staff were great about this.

The staff were great

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not greeted or acknowledged on entering reception though there was only the receptionist as we walked across the huge foyer, she never looked up until i had placed my bag in front of her on desk, pleasant enough then checked in late had a bath straight to bed, smell of drains in room grew worse overnight was overwhelming, only noticed stained bedsheets in morning, old bathroom cracked surfaces. On checkout receptionist greeted us and was pleasant I mentioned the smell and stained sheets she said would pass on to manager so I have waited over a month to review but didn't receive any communication from hotel unfortunate as it is very handy place for visiting family and we would have stayed again.

Good location lovely grounds main house impressive

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It was a great experience. Very helpful and polite staff. Food was great. Breakfast menu perfect. Dinner was great. Nice burgers. Great parking. Quiet location. Excellent bed and bathroom. No complaints.

Lovely rooms and polite informative staff. Good breakfast menu.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bar needs couches and more comfortable seating. I was charged more by booking.com than it would have cost with the hotel directly so I wasn't happy with that. Not the fault of the hotel though.

Staff were very friendly. Food was good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We attended a wedding on Saturday 16th, from start to finish it was excellent, staff were very friendly, beautiful rooms and lovely breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again. Top Marks for this hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was slightly disappointed to find such ultra-modern hotel buildings on a golf estate which features stately old buildings so prominently in its promotion material on all media.

The size , the cleanliness and comfort of the room came at an extremely competitive price.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I assumed the breakfast was on the booking, I had to pay for this later. I always eat breakfast. Booking.com make this thing clear on your site, breakfast not included please

The bedroom was a little to warm. Covers on the dining room chairs were stained. The Receptionist a Latvian lady was excellent. She was welcoming not over, I felt good about the hotel, it has good vibe. The breakfast staff female were very accommodation and professional, bar staff female again sorry to point this out were quiet good.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing really thought overall very good. There was nothing you could do about the weather thought the hotel reception could of been warmer as we were sitting chatting and it was a bit chilly and as we had a old person afraid they would of got a bit cold

The hotel signs could be a bit more visable. Only thing I had to wait a long time to check in. People who came after me got rooms quicker than me.

Room was too warm

The booking asked for my card details but when I arrived at the hotel I had to pay. It was not clear on the booking site why they took my card details and that a payment was not being taken at that time.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It cost us more on arrival than when we booked through Booking.com and I still don't know why. It wasn't clear that breakfast wasn't included. Very disappointed 😔

some of the staff were friendly and helpful it cost us more on arrival

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The property needs a little maintenance-small things like top of tap missing, mould around windows which could be easily wiped down- just lacks attention to detail

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was a bad smell on the second floor, they did move us to a larger bedroom, but still on the second floor, so we still got the smell when going out and coming back onto the second floor

The beds and breakfast were very good

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

some of the finishes in the room were poor - Room 111 - toilet seat has big bolts, paint flaking of the wall. Floor dirty. I had to ring down for the wifi password. Not 5 star

• Superior Double or Twin Room

one negative point there where a lot of spider webs an we encountered a few spiders which wasn't too pleasant, also the downstairs bathroom did not work..just something to maybe keep am eye on. Over all we enjoyed the stay, the staff where so nice and helpful.

We stayed in one of the self catering cottages, they where so nice the bed was so comfy, an very quiet had a great sleep!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It was OK a bit dissipont really my money was taken from my account with booking .com with out me knowing all my friends done there's the sane and there money wasn't taken till that day and there was a bit off a mess up with my booking they said I booked four rooms which I only wanted one that wasn't my fault because my e mail didn't interact had trouble getting my refund envently got it back

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

All good no complaints at all.

Room was large and very clean, small balcony outside. 2 ladies serving in bar excellent, food fantastic we had steak and chips. Receptionists very professional dealing with customers. Plenty parking.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room and bed were very comfortable and the surroundings of the hotel were excellent. The staff in the bar were very pleasant to deal with and very efficient. Had an excellent overnight stay and looking forward to returning again.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nearly everything. The beds where so uncomfortable. The menu in the bar bistro was terrible, didn't like the layout of the place. Especially didn't like the location its not in kildare like it says it is its on the outskirts of it in the back arse of nowhere and it was to quiet more staff than customers.

A good glass of wine

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff were professional, cheerful and accommodating. Received a free upgrade which was very kind. Meal was excellent as was the room. The man at reception ( I think his name was Charles) was friendly, courteous and professional.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A spa or a pool would have made the stay amazing.

We had 2 rooms on the ground floor, perfect for families. The rooms were perfectly clean and the beds were extremely comfy. The guinness and cocktails in the bar were amazing.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

For the price i paid (120 euro) i did not have breakfast included at all, but my friend who also paid 120 had breakfast for 2 included - that is annoying (both booked via booking.com). Overall a bit expensive for what it is. Not even a biscuit or bottle of water in the rooms. Creaky beds.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Very clean place and quite new looking. Quiet and peaceful. Not bad.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No place is perfect but this place is honest and friendly, and worth a visit!

Excellent location. Very close to golf Course. Well worth a visit and approx 30 miles west of Dublin. Rooms are big, Beds are big and comfortable.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Great facilities and the staff were fantastic they could not have been more helpful .The hotel food was very good and really good value.A good place for a relaxing get away.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Superior room good size but not a good view from balcony. No privacy. Bit disappointing. Not many stations on tv. Got breakfast to my room it was cold and milk was out of date. Couldnt drink the tea.. apart from that its a nice hotel..

Rooms good size. Clean

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff was excellent,they went out of their way to help us .I was trying to edit one bed for my daughter on booking .com but couldn't. When i asked during check-in they added v happily.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room seemed very bad. We paid quite a bit of money for the room and what we could was not reflected. You can stay in a lot nicer places with a lot better facilities/ general location for a lot less money.

The grounds around the hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not really a four star Hotel, described as a Golf Hotel and Country Club, if you are a golfer yes that is what it is ! As for country club ? That leaves a lot to be desired, no facilities that I would rate as a country club, nice country location but that was it.

some very nice Polish staff on front desk and the bar.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed was two single beds pushed together which meant there was a seem down the middle of the bed which meant sleeping was a bit uncomfortable unless you stayed in the outside

Very relaxing and lovely areas to sit in

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Have stayed here previously and will stay in the future. The hotel is clean, the food is lovely and tasty, the staff were very friendly. The golf course is outstanding but a little difficult for the casual golfer. A good test of golf. Good walks for the non-golfers.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There aren't anything we didn't like to tell you. Yes

Staff is very good and friendly and very loving nature. Our stay was amazing and we will second all of our friend to stay in Molyvelly resort when they visit Ireland .

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We were offered a different room to the one we booked on check in. However all was fixed up without delay when we requested our original booking.

The hotel is beautifully decorated with a lovely, calm atmosphere. Lovely and clean throughout. Our room was very comfortable. We ate in the bar and the food was excellent. This hotel is a great place in which to relax and unwind. Great value for money too! We will definitely return again soon.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hygiene! Mattress covers on both beds had blood and urine stains. Bar: Very limited menu after 6pm, not even a sandwich!

Staff excellent! Breakfast excellent!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

That was stay was short!

The bed and room was so comfy,peaceful and quiet. The food in the bar was absolutely gorgeous. From check in to check out I was impressed, very pleasurable stay

Food

Food the usual fare. When you have chips with almost everything you know the chef is not trying too hard! Outside of hotel really shoddy. Inside much better

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Lack of plugs beside the bed,only 2pin plugs for the beside lamps, I thought maybe you could rent one from reception but they were only for sale. Minor criticism easily fixed if you could rent one from reception

Great bed, great breakfast, nice bar and bar staff, nice surrounding and courtyard. Would stay again and bring clubs!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Didn't like breakfast thought it tasted microwaved. Also one barman was extremely rude I asked the lounge girl could she get me smokes and he told her tell me to get them myself. Lucky he didn't get a slap to be honest I wouldn't have him serving people. The only reason I asked her to get them was cause I like giving tips and seems she got me the change I asked her to grab them and she earned a 5r for herself for walking 10 feet to a smoke machine

Liked the location. And the style of hotel also liked the rooms.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Air Con too cold in the Bar Area and Bed rooms, probably no need ! What with our Irish weather.

Very Welcomming Hotel nice gounds flowers etc. Staff were extremely friendly and efficent. Special mention for a young waiter Ben in the Bar Bistro who stood out and was an excellent representive of the hotel staff. At breakfast it was not a problem to get a Latte ,Hot Chocolate etc, It wa a nice touch. Some of our party thought that the range of fruit on offer could be extended as they do not eat fried breakfasts.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The location is a bit out of the way but not a major issue. Leisure facilities would be a major plus.

The standard was very good both the facility and staff.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No lighting true the grounds very dime and also near the club house were partys are held no direction to tell you where to go. No lights also you could do with a transfer bus to get from hotel to club if party guests is staying in hotel.

Breakfast was great and rooms was very warm

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

That we weren't staying longer

All the staff were genuinely very friendly; Stone house & Balyna House amazing; bed super comfy; breakfast gorgeous!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel was rather remote. A car was essential.

The food was good particularly the scones and cream. The golf course was a good but fair test. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Girl on reception asked for payment on the room upfront!! Did not like that, we stayed overnight and next day I went to check out. I was asked for a payment on the room for some food and drink we got, without been given the bill !! I had to ask for the bill !! The room we were in had mould around the grouting on the bath, the lampshade was falling apart, no fridge or minibar in room, supposed to be 4 star, no leisure complex or spa

Staff were very good, especially in restaurant. Food was good, dinner and breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was very warm even with window open and Air Conditioning at lowest setting.

Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was larger than average. Good Breakfast.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

washbasin was a little small, or the taps running too fast. it was splashing when you fully opened taps

modern style of hotel Rest/bar were nice Room decor is relaxing, feeling at home

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There is nothing I could fault, I had an amazing time.

The staff were so helpful and friendly, they couldn't do enough for us. The room was so warm, comfortable, well equipped. The food was lovely, I looked forward to my breakfast in the morning. I had a great night sleep it was very very quiet, the bed was extremely comfortable. I had a lovely walk around the grounds of the hotel, holding my wife's hand the first day. Even though it rained on the second day and the weather was miserable, we were so happy and relaxed to look out of the window of our lovely and warm room while we read the free paper and listened to music in the background. While the large bath tub was filling with hot water. I had an amazing weekend here and will definitely book again for the next birthday, A big big Thank You to all the Moyvalley Hotel Staff who helped make my wife's birthday so unforgettable :)

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Directions from the hotel to the main house could be sign posted a little better but we got to go through the deadly old tunnel to the old house which I don't think we were supposed to go through but it actually made my day. I felt lie I was in a movie 😃

The staff in the breakfast room were lovely. There was a query whether we had reserved the breakfast which we did but the system didn't have it in it but they were very nice about the glitch in the system. I would love to stay again but a little longer the next time.