Reviews of Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport 3 stars

Shannon Airport, . Shannon, Ireland

#3 of 5 hotels in Shannon

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Comfortable overnight stay in safe surroundings.

Nothing really.

Staff, especially night duty, I arrived after midnight and the gentleman on the desk helped me to my room with my really heavy case, and then brought a drink to my room.

This such a great "airport" hotel.
    • Standard Room

This such a great "airport" hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was large and ever so comfortable. On the morning of our departure, we simply walked out of the back on a walkway to the Shannon Airport.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Ideal airport location to allow rest before driving in Ireland.
    • Standard Room

Very friendly staff at front desk. Excellent breakfast value. Restful rooms for weary travelers arriving from or leaving on long international flights.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The property is right across from Shannon airport.
    • Standard Room

There were no negatives with this property.

The property is right across from Shannon airport. We were able to return out rental car after we checked in and just walk across the next morning to catch or flight. We plan on returning to Ireland for another holiday. I would use the same airport and book the Park Side again for our last night. Staff was great, room was nice. They have a restaurant for dinner and the breakfast starts at 6am so we were able to eat in the morning before crossing to the airport.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Would stay again if I was flying in/or out of Shannon
    • Standard Room

Walking distance to the Shannon Terminal. Very adequate for a night or two when flying out of Shannon. Was surprised that in this age that they charged to use their computers to print boarding passes

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Good location good for business
    • Standard Room with Estuary View

room was a bit older in design. lack of USB chargers and power not well positioned. breakfast service was slower than liked. Its a MAJOR issue to get a taxi from hotel in the morning you have to walk back to the airport which was annoying. This is NOT the hotels fault but something to consider you must book the night before !

location was critical for me close to airport staff friendly and only short walk from shannon arrivals.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Quick stay with comfort.
    • Superior Room

Room was spacious but could have done with a bit of tlc. Door frames broken holes in the wall, a paint would sort a lot.

Convenient location and easily accessible.

we found the rooms warm and a little stuffy.
    • Standard Room

we found the rooms warm and a little stuffy. Windows would not open much, so there was no, or very little, air circulation. I think a fan or something to move the air around would have helped an otherwise very nice room.

Everything was lovely.
    • Superior Room

The first room that we were given was unfinished and in a hallway that did not have lighting. The person at the front desk was great though and gave us a terrific room replacement.

Everything was lovely. The front desk attendant was especially accommodating.

Proximity to Shannon airport
    • Standard Room

Stale smell in room. Shabby room, worn carpet, tired decor,thin uncomfortable pillows. Disgusting smell of stale fried food from the bar/ restaurant pervading the communal areas. TV blaring in the bar/restaurant area. Food very poor.

Proximity to Shannon airport

2 minute walk to the terminal
    • Standard Room

So close to the airport. Clean rooms, friendly helpful staff. Pub / restaurant on site and not a rip off like some hotel restaurants. Would definitely recommend. Free croissants and coffee on departure to.

A Good Place to Stay
    • Standard Room

the breakfast was average, one small point was the kitchen staff were not available to cook fresh eggs even though there was a sign that they were available to do that

perfect location for Bunratty, the airport or the Shannon college, the room was very comfortable and had plenty of space

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Overnight stay before a drive to the West of Ireland for a week away.
    • Standard Room

Everything was to my preference and there was nothing to dislike.

I was greeted by a lovely receptionist who informed me of all my options whilst staying at the hotel, including breakfast and the local amenities. I read the hotel recently had a refurb and it reflects in the Blair Bar, which literally is the hotel bar that has been transformed to actually look like a real bar you'd find in the street - really impressive and a nice touch! The breakfast options are vast, with Irish Breakfast, cereal, and fresh fruit with plenty to go around.

Top location and convenience for airport
    • Standard Room with Estuary View

Very expensive, but you pay for the convenient location, check out seemed extremely slow. No Breakfast in the rate !

Location was super convenient for the airport. The on site pub and food were really good, bed massive and comfortable and the huge shower was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Convenient but poor.
    • Standard Room

The entrance to room was shabby. The bathroom was dated and shabby and the toilet only flushed sometimes. Reported the problem but they didn’t seem concerned. We only stayed one night.

It was a large bedroom. Hotel located very near the airport.

Location near airport
    • Standard Room

No air conditioning No ventilation. Hear only. Road noise terriblewhen windows opened. Pillows too firm..... overall... disappointing. Room phone didn’t work. Won’t stay here ever again

Location near airport

The room was beautiful and so cozy and a good size...
    • Family Room

No baby chair in restaurant and had my two year old with me

The room was beautiful and so cozy and a good size especially when had my two children with me.

The stay was good.
    • Standard Room

Decided to have breakfast but went up to food area and there was no eggs, bacon, sausages..etc... I told waiter I changed my mind and went to airport to eat.

€128 expensive for bed only considering poor bathroom facilities.
    • Standard Room

Bathroom facilities are poor, no bath, cheap shampoo, no conditioner, no shower cap. Asked for conditioner but they didn't have any. Receptionist told me they were out of it for two weeks. Manager on duty said they don't provide any.

Helpful receptionist. Comfortable room. Great location for airport.

Short walk to deep sleep between long flights.

(Nothing)

It's a convenient, short walk from the easy-to-use Shannon terminal (itself an excellent facility). Rooms recently freshened and spotless; bed mattress comfortable and supportive. Will book again and fly Shannon. It's too easy!

Location, really helpful receptionist
    • Standard Room

I wouldn’t really say there was anything I didn’t like, I thought the man who was serving in the bar seemed a bit all over the place and only for the receptionist coming into the lounge and asking me was I ok I think the food that I’d ordered which would have been forgotten by the main man in the bar area.

Location, really helpful receptionist

Friendly staff and conveniently located
    • Standard Room

The only complaint I would have (but I think it’s Ireland in general), double beds are quite small.

Very convenient place right next to the airport, walk to the terminal in 2 mins. Beds were super comfy, spacious rooms. Amazing shower. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Location to Shannon airport was superb.
    • Family Room

One of the three mattresses was too lumpy for comfortable sleep.

The staff was friendly, efficient, helpful. Location to the airport was just steps away. Meal in hotel was good.

valuable convenience
    • Standard Room

Sign in bathroom tells guests to close door during showers so steam doesn't trigger fire alarms! but there are no fans either so the bathroom has off-putting mildew on walls/ceiling.

perfect convenience to airport for early flights surprisingly good food in the pub/restaurant nice staff with good cheer and humor

Barman was excellent , although run off his feet.
    • Family Room

Basic rooms. Not enough sockets for family room. Not enough staff working in this hotel. 2 barman running bar and restaurant service. No air conditioning

Barman was excellent , although run off his feet. Nice food.

Very friendly staff, walking distance to the airport but no...
    • Standard Room

No AC just a portable fan, but it was unusually warm weather

Very friendly staff, walking distance to the airport but no night time flights to disturb sleep

The Park Inn by Radisson more than met our expectations for its location.
    • Standard Room

There is nothing we did not like. We would easily stay here again without reserve.

We slept quite comfortably and the room was welcoming. The brief walk to the airport could not have been more worry-free and care-free; it is clearly marked.

Brilliant Stay! So helpful and accommodating
    • Standard Room

We booked this Hotel as we were flying out the next day for our Honeymoon. We checked in and got a lovely room. Great location and clean spacious room. We went to the bar for a drink and the Manager Judy couldn’t of been more pleasant and friendly. On hearing we were on our Honeymoon she upgraded our room! Such a nice touch and we were delighted. Food was lovely and I would definitely return for a stay before flying from Shannon again.

A very satisfactory overnight for those needing to catch a morning flight.
    • Standard Room

We had no complaints whatsoever.

A standard airport hotel, clean modern and very functional just (literally) steps from the airport, so no need for a taxi or waiting for a shuttle. It provides a trolley for luggage which can be left at the airport. The staff was friendly and efficient.

Would stay again because of the convenience and quality for money.
    • Standard Room

The entrance area could be either updated a bit or cleaned up a bit more for a better first impression.

Rooms were nice, clean, and comfortable. Within walking distance from the airport so no taxi needed!! I was able to easily change the number of days we booked.

A fantastic experience let down by hotel recommended taxi
    • Standard Room

a bath more milk for coffee, I was booked a taxi via the hotel and was told to ring for collection Unfortunately I couldn't get through for it went to answer phone I was alone and anxious in a strange place and stuck I tried to sort it and got through to the hotel who said they would send a taxi but one didn't come Eventually I went into the pub Durty Nellys and asked the pub staff to help me and they did and they got me a taxi and reassured me it would come Have to admit though it ruined my break Recommend you use Shannon not the hotel ones

bathroom spotless staff pleasant and friendly right next to departures/arrivals

Its was very clean and the staff were extremely helpful with...
    • Standard Room

That they didnt have any baths in the rooms and the menu for food wasnt the best!

Its was very clean and the staff were extremely helpful with everything

Nothing in particular
    • Superior Room

Shabby, tired furniture. Dirty armchair with split arms. Sloping bedside table. 30 cm crack across whole of washbasin. No aircon. Dismal lighting.

Nothing in particular

Large comfortable bed.
    • Standard Room

Unfortunately the building is constructed with wooden floors rather than concrete. The occupants of the room directly above me got up at 3:30 am - the noise of the floors woke me up as as they continued to move around for some time I couldn’t get back to sleep. So unfortunatly I didn’t get much sleep. Not sure that there is much that the hotel can do about this.

Large comfortable bed. Excellent location for Shannon Airport.

Exactly what we needed after a long overnight flight to kick off our journey through Ireland!
    • Standard Room

Staff (Emily!) was amazing - we stayed here after a night flight (so not checking in until early morning) and staff helped us get a few hours extra sleep and was also helpful when we left some items behind in our sleepy fog. This was one of those things we weren't sure of on our first trip with this much time difference from home and I have to say I'm so glad I decided to grab a room to help us catch up just a little before our journey and the Park Inn was exactly what we needed!

The location was ideal for early morning flights.
    • Family Room

Our room had a bathroom where the toilet didn’t flush or it took 4-5 attempts. The service in the bar was very slow. It may have been because the hotel was short staffed.

The location was ideal for early morning flights. The bar and restaurant in the hotel was nice.

Would never stay at this hotel again!
    • Standard Room

We were first given a room on the second floor that must have been 100 degrees. We understand that there was a heat wave happening, but the curtains were wide open and the sun was beating into the room. They gave us a fan but it was the size postage stamp and barely helped. We had to ask for a different room away from the direct sun. They complied, but the new room was awful. Even though the bathroom was modern, there was no place to put your toiletries. No storage space at all. I think it was only half furnished and the bed was so low to the ground that the mattress may as well have been on the floor. It also had to be 40 years old - sagging and uneven - so uncomfortable. Totally unacceptable for the price of the room. The overall furniture was ancient, yet when you see their web page and photos they show, you expect much more. It was a huge disappointment!!! Then there was the bar! The bartender was so mean and unfriendly. The young girl working with him must have been new because she didn't have a clue how to tend a bar. She took my dinner plate away when I had my back turned and I wasn't done eating. It suddenly felt like we weren't in Ireland anymore. Our trip to Ireland was fantastic but this stay was a terrible end to the trip. I would only recommend it because of it's location to the airport, but otherwise - no!!!!

The bathroom was modern. You could walk to the airport from the hotel.

Too hot to sleep!
    • Standard Room

It was unseasonably hot and the window in our room only opened an inch so that the cool nighttime air was never able to enter the room and ventilate and cool it down. There is no airconditioning, which is understandable overall but would have been so incredibly nice to have been able to sleep before our flight home. the fans just did not move the air enough.

The location to airport, and it was clean.

Convenient, reasonable price, super comfortable and responsive staff! PERFECT!
    • Standard Room

Helpful staff, comfortable beds, convenience to airport, allowing late checkout, providing carts to transport luggage to airport, quick response to an electrical problem ... Couldn't have been happier with accommodation!

Location location location!
    • Standard Room

Being told I should get to airport at 4 am for 7 am flight. It’s not 3 hrs it’s 2 hrs you need to be there for international flight. No one was open at 4 am.

Location location location!! And the kind gentleman on the night shift. Very helpful and kind

Enjoyable, restful, excellent location to airport. The decor of the Inn was modern and very nic.
    • Family Room

Room was warm and window could only be opened about 2 inches. Helped a little but still needed more cool air.

The desk personnel were great. Very informative. We stayed in a family room. Room was large and clean. Beds were comfortable,. Very quiet rooms no airport or guest noise.

This hotel is in a great location with friendly staff.
    • Family Room

I did not like that there was no pool or hot tub at the hotel.This hotel

The buffet breakfast was quite good. The dinner and the pub were excellent. The room was above average. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. I especially liked that the hotel was located within a short walk of the airport and that we could check in upon arrival.

Property is ideally located if you have a morning flight -...
    • Standard Room

The rooms are basic and the hotel was a little pricey for what it was.

Property is ideally located if you have a morning flight - just a few steps from the Shannon airport. The staff were all very helpful.

Park Hotel Shnnon, A Must Stay
    • Standard Room

We ate at the restaurant in the hotel and it was very good and very convenient. Being so close to air port was a bonus. We could walk over for our flight!

Dissapointed
    • Standard Room

Room service was awful food cold and didn't arrive with everything we asked for. Complained over a week ago and haven't heard anything, even though they took my details, very dissapointed.

Rooms were lovely, reception staff very nice.

Brilliant hotel if you want to be near to Shannon airport before or after a flight
    • Standard Room

Bar area was really brightly lit and had no atmosphere, missing a trick here as could be lovely as has the nice stained glass etc. The breakfast selection was not that good and seemed a bit chaotic, run out of mugs and so guests had to use disposal cups for their tea which is pretty poor. Cooked breakfast was very well cooked though.

so convenient for the airport, just a short walk across the car park -perfect. Room was quiet too despite being virtually on the runway. Staff were lovely and rooms were comfortable.

The dining area a bit scattered for breakfast.
    • Standard Room

Situation of food at breakfast. I was only there for 1 night and breakfast. As I said there was nothing I didn't like. So that is all I can say OK ?

The dining area a bit scattered for breakfast. Otherwise it was fine very good for price. Well I can't really say what I didn't like because I liked it all.

Overnight at Shannon airport before early morning flight
    • Standard Room

Second time I have stayed here.last time my room key stopped working shortly after arrival and same thing happened this time. Meaning a walk down to the reception and a queue to speak to the reception staff to get it sorted. In the bar I waited behind a row of people seated at the bar and was pretty much ignored by bar staff, until the nice member of staff who had sorted my key spotted me and apologised and he served me with my drink. I was beginning to think I was invisible! Seemed always to be a queue at reception.but Staff are friendly when you eventually manage to speak to them

Great location for Shannon airport

6.0
    Staff very helpful and friendly

Stuffy room, uncomfortable beds. Expensive accommodation

Staff very helpful and friendly Proximity to the airport is great. Family room, exceptional space.

Very convenient to Shannon airport (walking distance)
    • Standard Room

No air-conditioning in the rooms and the windows were restricted. It made for a very uncomfortable night in the early summer. Rooms were below average in cleanliness.

Very convenient to Shannon airport (walking distance)

The location to the airport was really convenient.
    • Standard Room

Service at check in was slow. Service in restaurant for drinks and food by some staff was also slow.

The location to the airport was really convenient. At breakfast, you also had a choice to order eggs cooked in a variety of ways eg omlet, poached etc

Very nice stay.
    • Standard Room

May want to let the guest know the breakfast is offered at a higher rate if you change your mind the next morning.

The rooms were nice and the breakfast and dinning room staff was very nice.

Clean,Comfortable updated & walk to the Airport &...
    • Standard Room

Couldn’t find the thermostat & bathroom left something to be desired but was adequate

Clean,Comfortable updated & walk to the Airport & fabulous staff

Excellent in every way
    • Standard Room

Was hot and there was no air conditioning but it is unusual that it gets that warm in Ireland.

Shirley at check I was a delight. It is very convenient for airport stay and the quality of the hotel is much higher than anticipated. Large rooms, comfortable beds, great shower. Highly recommend!

Very nice hotel in an excellent location.
    • Standard Room

No complementary breakfast, and our elec. kettle did not work, so we had no coffee either.

Loved that it was a 5 minute walk to the airport! Beds were very comfy.

A very pleasant and comfortable hotel
    • Standard Room

The facilities for those who smoke, it could be located further from the front entrance to show respect for non smokers

The accommodation, staff and location were 5*. Its closeness to the terminal suited me as I was travelling alone. The early morning coffee and pastries were a godsend as I was on a 7:30 flight. I will use this hotel again

Very Close to Shannon airport and the rental car return at...
    • Superior Room

Not within walking distance of any local sites or attractions, so not a lot to do once you have checked in outside of the hotel without driving. The restaurant menu was somewhat limited and they were out of a few popular items. The rooms were basic, functional and adequate but didn’t compare to the other places we stayed at while we were in Ireland.

Very Close to Shannon airport and the rental car return at Shannon airport making it easy to get to our return flight to the US from this location. Only a short drive from Limerick

Other guests very noisy banging on people's doors in the...

Other guests very noisy banging on people's doors in the middle of the night. Pillows very hard. When we arrived they said I had only booked one room but in fact had booked two and had my booking.com reference to show.

Great location so close to the airport.
    • Standard Room

Very disappointed to get powdered eggs for a 10 Euros price. Not pleased with breakfast. The waiter in the evening bar was not friendly when I asked to buy a glass of ice (for my room water). I provided the glass. There was no charge, however.

The room was large and attractive. Comfortable.

Location can not be any better for either catch early...
    • Standard Room

Some of the rooms need repair/updating but are always very clean.

Location can not be any better for either catch early flights or arriving late on a rainy/foggy night. Staff is always very nice.

Convenient, quiet and clean !!
    • Standard Room

We chose this hotel based on it's location ..... just a short walk on a footpath to Shannon Airport. The hotel is extremely clean, updated and bed very comfortable. The breakfast was buffet type and was adequate with both cold and hot offerings (made to order eggs were available). Based on other reviews, the hotel exceeded our expectations and we will stay again on any future trips that involve Shannon airport.

Perfect for airport layovers
    • Standard Room

A few surfaces showed wear and tear but didn't affect my stay. Walls are thin but noise was minimal.

Stayed overnight for a morning flight out of Shannon Airport. @ minute walk away. Very clean, comfortable and quiet. Generous buffet breakfast.

Great location - less than 5 mins walk to departures.
    • Standard Room

Great location - less than 5 mins walk to departures. My sis is vegetarian and gluten free and they made a fabulous meal to accommodate her diet. Perfect overnight stay for an early morning flight. Made it all feel effortless.

Fantastic!
    • Standard Room

The hotel is right across from the airport and it was perfect for my needs. The staff was super friendly and addressed any queries diligently and professionally. Highly recommended.

Great place for night before early flight.
    • Standard Room

Bar Staff could be more chatty and smile a little. Menu not great with little choice, would expect more for such a hotel.

Room was comfortable and bed excellent. Reception staff exceptional.

It was nice beening in walk to airport.
    • Standard Room

Small sink with no place to place articles. Floor boards made a lot of noise when walking. Bed lumpy.

Walk in (because I’m disabled and didn’t tell them ahead of time) Shower was great with plenty of hot water.

Good staff in comfortable surroundings, sleep masks should be offered flashing alarm night disturbed
    • Standard Room

The toilet was left dirty, which was odd given the room was otherwise very clean. The staff were very apologetic and addressed the problem very quickly by giving us a new room, and they kindly gave us some recompense. Felt for the staff at what I believe was a very unusual event for a good hotel

Very warm helpful staff with good location and nice breakfast

Good
    • Family Room

I booked for two adults and two children but upon arrival my booking was for four adults and amendments were not made to the bill

Food comfort location

Great way to start my holiday in NYC
    • Standard Room

It’s only a small thing but perhaps in time maybe a lift could be installed; didn’t impact on my stay

Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Every effort made to make your stay more comfortable. Great way to start my holiday. Would highly recommend this hotel

Nice character for an airport hotel.
    • Standard Room

Nice character for an airport hotel. Location is excellent and staff very personable and welcoming. Practical, very clean and comfortable accommodation. Made the very early morning start for our flight an absolute breeze! Would highly recommend!

Id stay again
    • Family Room

I thought the bar could have been a bit more comfortable but the barman was nice and friendly

I liked how close it is to the airport and that I could leave my car there,also the complimentary pastries on departure at 5am were very much appreciated.

Short but fine.
    • Standard Room

On check out the receptionist Susan was not great with the computer, She could not delete the two breakfasts that we didn't have and could not print off the receipt, she said she would email it to me, but I still have not received it.

I’ve never felt better taken care of after a long day of traveling—excellent recharge.
    • Standard Room

Everything was excellent—I’m always a bit weary that hotels near airports will be either crazy and there won’t be enough attention paid or that the facilities wouldn’t be as nice, but this was so fantastic. The staff was so helpful and kind and it made my trip so much more stress free (particularly the overhead rain shower—it washed all my stress away). Will definitely be staying here again the next time I arrive early or depart late out of Shannon!

Most convenient hotel to airport anywhere.

So convenient to Shannon Airport, a two minute walk. Front desk loaned us umbrellas. Restaurant has wonderful food and staff, especially Raja (sp?) He was personable and attentive. Th

Next time I fly to Shannon, I'll be staying at Park Inn.
    • Standard Room

A small clock in the room would have been a good feature. Those who don't have working phones to tell time, or who don't wear watches would benefit from this addition. It's hard to go from a part of the world that is not on the same time.

Location, Location, Location. Easy walk to and from airport. Staff were very welcoming and went the "extra mile" to help me figure out the best travel/transportation routes to and from other destinations. They also provided me with information about the purchase and use of a cell phone that would work in Ireland. Gerry, a staff person very helpfully moved my luggage without my having to ask and even escorted me over to the airport of his own volition. The man deserves a raise for this. So too does Rajh the gentleman who seems to run Blair's Bar. He is so kind, courteous and most of all, friendly. In fact, so were all the staff. I never felt like "just another customer.