Reviews of Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection 5 stars

Powerscourt Estate, Enniskerry, Ireland

#1 of 4 hotels in Enniskerry

The place is like an entire different world.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

The place is like an entire different world..a little luxury right on our own little emerald isle! The staff could not do enough for you and nothing was any hassle

Lovely hotel not by any means 5 star.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Service was sadly not that of a 5 star not even close. The food in McGill's pub on site was okay nothing special but the restaurant Sika was terrible. The food was poor for the price, atmosphere was non-existent and the service was slow. I would not return or recommend Sika.

Beautiful decor throughout the hotel, rooms had all modern amenities and were tastefully decorated.

We will be back as soon as possible and our trip will stay in our memory

Absolutely nothing

Everything was exceptional the poached pears with star anise n cinnamon for breakfast I shall really miss. Rooms so comfortable bathroom amazing views out of this world staff could not do enough

Amazing!
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Food in McGills could have been better. Friend got the curry but the chicken was too dry and over cooked to eat.

Lovely staff, lovely setting, pure luxury. Rooms are just amazing, tv has a chrome cast feature so we were able to stream films from our devices. So good! Also Nespresso machine in the room, such a nice touch!

Excellent potential but needs to up game .
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Outside areas should be immaculate, could be improved Some staff obviously inexperienced, given rating and cost not good enough. Room was not made up , oversight or lack of supervision. Restaurant food was good , but given cost and rating not exceptional.

Beautiful location t

A magnificent worthwhile indulgence.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Everything about our stay was wonderful. The room, decor, food at Sugarloaf Lounge and Sika, pool and gym facilities. The gardens were lovely to wander in.

Can't make my mind up if I would return.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Was badly let down by Sika restaurant. Booked the day before arrival and told the guy it was for my wife's birthday ,was told they put on a complementary birthday cake which i thought was a nice touch, on arrival guess what no booking and no birthday cake took the good out of the hole so called 5star experience.

Location was stunning and staff where very friendly.

Nice vacation spot to stroll and relax, but needs more outdoor ammenities.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

The indoor pool was a bit too dark for me. It would be great if they had outdoor furniture for lounging. It's such a beautiful setting, not to be able to sit outside and read, etc. The property also needs some maintenance. For a 5 star hotel, the grounds were worn. It took 2 days for the staff to clear away the garbage and remnants of an outdoor event. They have a nice shuttle service into Enniskerry, but there isn't much to see or do there. The PC gardens were nice, but not as 'showy' as I had hoped, but their growing season is behind ours.

We booked Powerscourt at the end of our 3 wks for the "vacation" portion. It definitely delivered. Our standard classic room was roomy and the king bed was devine!! I want that wall-to-wall marble bathroom at home :) The spa services were lovely. Good quality breakfast, and attentive staff.

Luxury without pretention 💞
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

The icerooms could do with a clean and tidy as smelt of very old drains, not pleasant when picking up ice for your drinks. Bar area could do with better design, as not very comfortable to sit and have a drink, much preferred the Sugar Loaf lounge.

All staff were faultless and made us feel very welcome and comfortable from the minute we arrived. Food in Sika for both dinner (outside terrace area lovely for a romantic meal) and breakfast delicious. Drinks in the sugar loaf each evening were lovely, although lack of various tonics behind the bar that were listed on the G&T menu. Spa is particularly nice, lovely chilled morning spent relaxing amd swimming before great massages.

Superb
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

From the minute I checked in to the minute I checked out my stay was fantastic. Great selection of whisky too. The gardens are located just minutes walk from the hotel "Amazing". Myself and my partner really felt like our needs were met by the staff, the whole vibe you feel once you check in puts you into relaxing mode. Will visit again :)

This is my second visit, on this occasion I specifically...
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

This is my second visit, on this occasion I specifically requested a room with a view, I spoke with the hotel on a Wednesday for an arrival date on a Saturday, explaining of the special occasion. So I was very disappointed when I arrived to see I got a darkened room. Calling on the Wednesday evening to organise treatments and book dinner reservations, a little disappointed to see no treatments available or the only dinner appointment available to me was 23.30 Breakfast the following morning, very hectic experience with staff forgetting orders.

• Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

There were a few things that really disappointed me about this hotel as I was so looking forward to staying here. We booked it for our 1st wedding anniversary. At the bar my husband ordered a large bottle of bulmers and was handed a pint, he was told they had no large bottles left from the day before. Not a big deal but I think he could of been told this before the pint had been poured. At breakfast we had to queue for 15-20 minutes before being seated, I could see there were tables free so I don't understand why we were left waiting. Got seated and ordered our tea and toast. We weren't asked did we want to order off the menu just told to use the buffet. The breakfast itself was lovely but our tea and toast arrived about 5 minutes after we had finished eating. Then we had no cups for our tea, the waitress went to get some and never came back. For the price to stay at this hotel it's definitely not worth it.

The hotel itself is gorgeous. The grounds are fabulous. The room was lovely and the bed was very comfortable.

Food in Sika was good, breakfast was excellent too, and the...
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

We were slightly disappointed with the view from the room. I believed a courtyard view would show more than a small path and some trees. That's the only thing!

Food in Sika was good, breakfast was excellent too, and the grounds are stunning.

If you're looking for a magical getaway, this is it. Powerscourt has it all
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

Bit pricey but worth it for a special occasion. The music in the bar for deafening on the Friday night and it drove a lot of people out. Band themselves were excellent though.

Everything was top class...from the bed, bathroom, views, swimming pool to the variety of the breakfast menu. Staff was very professional and extra helpful.

Stay fab but service very poor
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

Staff training was non existing and service/maintenance very poor. In my books should loose 5 star!!!!

The hotel/suite and grounds were beautiful

facilities;
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

facilities; food ; staff all first class; access to Wicklow National park on your doorstep and Powerscourt Gardens and Avoca Shop and Restaurant; also heatwave in Ireland this week so whats not to like 10/10

I felt so happy & relaxed after our stay in powerscourt hotel
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

We stayed here for 1 night after our honeymoon in Nice with our boy who's 17 months so suppose it was a mini honeymoon. The staff were incredible and really spoiled us and couldn't have been friendlier or more professional, it is the best hotel we have ever srated in it will be hard to top it. The restaurant is amazing and food incredible. Breakfast had such a variety and such a perfect view eating on the terrace. Can't wait to go back and stay, I'd definitely recommend cycling and going for a walk 😊

Excellent hotel and location
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Room cleaning was average for a hotel of this standard. Cups left unwashed and just generally room was left at a poor standard. Everything else was excellent.

Excellent hotel and location

Not a place we would return to. seemed focussed on the Wedding and foreign market.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

We were disappointed with one of our two breakfasts, we seem to get forgotten re our tea/coffee toast order which vanished from their iPad system and we had finished the rest of our breakfast when we reluctantly raised the issue. The next morning the restaurant manager did not even recognise us despite this omission. Hotel looked dated, carpets in some areas of the corridor very dirty and the ritz carlton logo lights system very difficult to fathom. In our opinion not value for the money we paid.

The Powerscourt estate was fantastic, the evening meal in the main top restaurant was excellent. The concierge was very helpful with some extremely good advice on what to see etc. Location was excellent for visiting the Wicklow mountains. Bathroom was fantastic, roomy and impressive.

Great hotel in fabulous surroundings
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

The restaurants did not meet the general standard of the hotel, which is bad because there are no alternatives nearby.

Our Suite was fabulous and ist terrace worth to spend some time in order to indulge into the nature. Even an ashtray was provided for the poor outcast. Location is great and the views on the mountains are wonderful. If back in Ireland, we will certainly go there again.

A simply wonderful place to stay.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

Come on Powerscourt Hotel! You really are missing a trick here by not accepting V Pay cards! Up to 20 million of these in use throughout Europe!!

A simply wonderful place to stay. Can't really add to that.

I hope to return in the not too distant future.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

There was nothing we didn’t like. There was a coffee making machine in the room but we couldn’t find instructions. I know we could have asked but it wasn’t a big issue. A kettle for a cup of tea would have been a good addition.

Beautiful location. Clean well appointed suite. Fantastic views. Very tasty, fresh breakfast with a large choice. Every staff member we dealt with was friendly and helpful. Jason a waiter at breakfast provided excellent service each morning we were there.

A lovely stay. Very happy.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

Although I did love the bathroom area, the shower was not the hottest. I was also disappointed that I did not have access to the spa thermal suite being a guest. It was for treatment guests only

Deluxe Mountain view suite was just amazing. One of the best rooms i've stayed in. Bathroom was my favourite part. Really luxurious

Very nice location. It is not a true 5 star hotel, it is more like a 4 star hotel.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Carpet in areas was very worn and dirty. It took ages to get served in the sugar loaf bar and lounge

Check in staff were very helpful. Bedroom was very comfortable and the ESPA toiletries were a treat

Room was very spacious and had a nice view of the gardens...
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Room was very spacious and had a nice view of the gardens and mountains. Location is close enough to walk to Powerscourt Gardens. Only a few minutes from Enniskerry

Exceptional
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

I can honestly say nothing the experience was a time we will have great memories of.

The overwhelming sense of magic as soon as you arrive.amazing place

Lovely surroundings in park-like setting. Ideal for trips to Dublin and the Wicklow Hills.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Beautiful locality within walking distance of Powerscourt Gardens and the village of Enniskerry, where we enjoyed breakfast at "Poppies'" and dinner at Emilia's.

Fabulous hotel with luxurious furnishing. Bedroom was gorgeous ....we were given a free upgrade!
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Restaurant fully booked on our first night so had to eat in McGills Bar. Food was good but very busy and Seating not very comfortable.

This was our first visit to the hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

My wife and I , were so happy.

All was just perfect.

everything was just great the pool was just out of this world, i thank all the staff, so kind, looking forward to going back for a longer visit . thank you.

Quiet, comfortable, conveniently situated for Dublin airport and excursions.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

1) In the double room there is only ONE armchair. 2) Breakfast is outrageously expensive. A continental breakfast could easily be included in the price of a room.

Beds were very comfortable and bathroom was well appointed. Ideally located for Dublin airport in beautiful parkland setting. Loved the coffee maker. Enniskerry is within walking distance or shuttle to restaurants and coffee shop.

Hotel was close to Dublin but it felt as though you were in...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

We found it hard to find transport to return to the hotel from Bray, one day. There was a 45 minute wait for a taxi. This of course is not the hotel's fault but just to let you know that it is a little bit isolated. There were buses running to the small village nearby but it was still a reasonable walk from the village to the hotel.

Hotel was close to Dublin but it felt as though you were in the country. We were lucky enough to be in a beautiful room and really enjoyed our stay.

Would love a return visit sometime, a beautiful hotel in a lovely setting 😊
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

No "normal " kettle in the bedroom . Couldn't find a hairdryer there either !! I know we could have asked someone for help with both if it had mattered very much !!

The extra towels in the pool changing area . The spaciousness of the bedroom , changing room etc. The smiling staff 👍😊

The room was like a little apartment, so spacious and...
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Check in is quite late, we couldn't check in until 4pm and then check out at 12 so one night was too short!

The room was like a little apartment, so spacious and extremely clean! The bed was so comfy, the breakfast had so many options and was delicious! We even got bikes from the hotel and went for a cycle. Couldn't fault our stay.

Beautiful, relaxing getaway for two!
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Our stay was too short!!! Overnight is not enough!!

Excellent overnight stay at Powerscourt - compliments to all the staff for providing wonderful getaway break ....reception staff so friendly and helpful at check in, our room was lovely with fantastic views of the Sugar Loaf Mountain. Spa area is excellent. We will definitely be looking forward to returning for another stay in the near future!!

Pure relaxation
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Stunning hotel and location, the grounds and views are breathtaking!! Second time visiting, we ate in the Sika Restaurant, pricey but gorgeous food and a beautiful experience

5 star resort let down by staff
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Staff attitude and cleanliness in McGills bar unfortunately let the stay down. White wine served at room temperature and response when queried was not what would be expected in a 5 star resort. Cleaning of room was also poor, dirty glasses not replaced, one small bottle of water provided for two people.

The building, setting and location are wonderful

Our stay was a really great experience and we will return.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

The water from the hot tap in our room (249) was a bit brownish and stayed a bit brown even when run for a while. That put me off using the bath, but the shower was lovely.

The staff were so friendly and the food was really delicious, especially the breakfast. The facilities are the best we ever had and I would compare it to the Bellagio in Vegas as plush, comfortable and we will be back.

Fantastic hotel
    • Large Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Unwillingness to say 'no' makes for strange communications: (at 11am, by phone) "may we have a late check out today?" "unfortunately we cannot guarantee late checkout." "so is that a no?" "yes". Just say no!

Fantastic hotel

Disappointing considering the cost.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Bed too soft as I suffer with back pain consequently did not sleep & bed too warm. Water in room very discolored & coffee machine did not work but we did eventually get a replacement. We were waiting for a long time for dinner even though we made a reservation & no apology or explanation given.

The view from our balcony & the cleanliness throughout the hotel & the food was delicious when we were eventually served.

A fabulous hotel in a stunning setting with a great Spa but restaurant a big disappointment
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Sika restaurant very disappointing. Food certainly not 5 Star hotel standard, ordered bottle of white wine which was brought to table at room temperature, most certainly had not been chilling beforehand. Service good but no atmosphere. Breakfast in Sika was a circus, not remotely relaxing, placed at table in middle of room with other guests/staff milling all about us! Chaotic atmosphere. Would definitely stay at hotel again but would give Sika a miss.

Beautiful setting, lovely spacious comfortable room with fabulous bath and lovely view. Swimming pool and spa excellent

Rooms very clean and comfy.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

Staff Niamh at reception during check out not nice or pleasant. All other staff especially receptionist Sofy very nice.

Rooms very clean and comfy. Food not up to mark.

A gorgeous setting ina resplendent building, lovely golf courses and gardens to enjoy.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Staff communication. Wasn’t great, no fridge in the room. We were promised a discount which didn’t materialise.

Powers court is a grand hotel, a wonderful building and setting, with a lovely restaurant. However it wasn’t all perfect. Our fridge wasn’t working and the coffee machine instructions were impenetrable. It is expensive but it is a treat, and the Walking from the hotel was superb.

Really enjoyed the stay . However, not worth the price .
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

The breakfast experience for a 5 star hotel was extremely poor. There was big queues for people waited to be seated. All the food was cold or gone. The tea was strong and the toast we received was stone cold. We had to ask for coffees 3 times before we finally got them . The place seems chaotic. Poorly staffed and bad management .

The hotel was fabulous . The rooms were lovely and big. They had a well stocked mini bar and a Nespresso machine. The spa was really nice and the treatment I got was the highlight of my stay. The meal we got in the restaurant was really nice and the service that night was excellent.

Beautiful hotel with nice spa
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

ordered room service and it was awful, i'd expect better for a 5 star hotel and a 30 euro dish. hot tub in the spa was not hot

Beautiful hotel with nice spa

Stayed in a suite, super spacious with all the facilities.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

McGills bar. Had food there and while there was no issue with the food their policy of 'no kids after 7' was not enforced. We, like other couples had to sit out in the lobby under the stairs to enjoy our drinks as there were kids running and screaming around the bar all night. We weren't the only ones you complain about it. There is no place in the hotel to enjoy a few quiet drinks and that's the reason why I wouldn't go back. Ended up bringing our drinks up to our room. The bar itself is dated and run down and for a 5 star you would expect better.

Stayed in a suite, super spacious with all the facilities. Bathroom was fab. Overall a beautiful room and view of the sugar loaf. Very friendly and helpful staff. Ground were really well maintained.

Overpriced and standards at best a generous 4 star.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Service was poor, such as long delays in giving and taking orders, and unprofessional on occasion examples include serving staff reaching across guests (far too close for confort and odours). Rooms were poorly maintained with broken item reported shortly after checkin unresolved and not communicated on reasons even at checkout.

It’s sometimes the little things that make all the difference just fell short of our expectations co
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Restaurant was fully booked which was disappointing,breakfast was very busy and no room in restaurant so went to another room which was set up to accommodate the overflow but this was extremely busy as well and had to share a table with another couple which is not what I would expect from a five star establishment although the staff were very helpful.

Friendly staff, large comfy bedrooms with all the mod cons, great spa and pool.

A luxurious midweek treat.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

The bar food was quite expensive as were the cappuccinos in the sugar loaf lounge.

Very comfortable and very large room with everything you would need, beautiful bathroom plenty of storage and wardrobe space.

Extremely clean inside but not outside!
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

They really really need to do alot of cleaning and powerwashing to the outside of the building..extremely poorly maintained for a 5☆ hotel

Lovely atmosphere and ambience in the whole place..amazing setting

impressive but expensive.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Mountain view versus car park view. Same price. The room we got was nothing like the photos when booking. It was the same price at the time of booking as a mountain view. I did not know how big the difference would be. Our view was the car park! Not great.

Hotel was lovely. Staff lovely. Fabulous breakfast and great dinner!

The bed was very comfortable and the pool was lovely.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

The remote control lighting was a bit of a faff and really didn't make turning the lights on easy or pleasant, the novelty definitely wears off

The bed was very comfortable and the pool was lovely. Great attractions locally with lovely walks

Beautiful grand hotel.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

Booked a mountain view room (additional fee) and on arrival our room looked out on to some treesand a little grass bank, spoke to management about it but they couldn't move us. This particular room, i feel, should not be sold as a mountain view this was quite disappointing as the view is the hotels biggest attraction! Breakfast was also slightly disappointing as the main restaurant was not able to cope with the number of guests so they moved us down the corridor to a function room with no windows at all plus the electricity kept tripping. Not very 5 star.

Beautiful grand hotel. Very relaxed vibe.

Amazing hotel!!
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

This hotel was absolutely amazing. We were upgraded to a suite on arrival as it was a special occsssion. The staff were very friendly and helpful, it really was a five star service and the spa was the best spa we have seen. The food in McGill’s pub was fantastic also! We will definitely be returning at some point in the future.

Excellent location, hotel, amenities, service & staff went above & beyond to make our stay so great
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Everything, the staff were very friendly, the atmosphere was relaxed and very enjoyable. Thank you so much to all for making our stay so relaxing

Very disappointed, you definitely do not get the value for the price you pay.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

The service in ALL restaurant was appalling . Staff not trained properly and forgetting orders. We had to wait ages to get our orders taken & food. We have dietary requirements and our extra orders were consistently forgotten! We even did not get our food at all at the SPA restaurant for lunch after waiting 1 hour and asking for it again. The quality of the food is also not up to our expectations for the price. Sika's quality has gone downhill and the overall quality was not fine dining but more of a pub grub. The breakfast was the worst. If I pay 28 EUR for a full irish I expect more than undercooked bacon, greasy fried eggs and canned mushrooms. During the Easter break we also had to queue for the breakfast and were then redirected to possibly the most claustrophobic room ever invented. The other morning the queue was so long we decided to go to Avoca, down the road to get our breakfast instead of queuing for ages. That is not the experience I would expect from a 5 star hotel. We also were called by the cleaners on our room phone although we had the "Do Not Disturb sign on" and she woke us up from a nap. She was rambling about the fact that "the room had not been cleaned because our DNT sign was on"... it was on because we were enjoying our room and we were not bothered it was not cleaned for one day. We were gone from 12pm to 3pm that day for lunch, which should have left time to clean the room, again was not bothered by not being cleaned, but really bothered by the cleaning department calling us to almost give out to us about the sign. Surreal! We complained to the concierge Rob about our forgotten lunch at the SPA and subsequently got an apology, a tray of macaroons sent to our room, and his word he was going to knock off two breakfasts. At check out we actually had to remind the desk guy about the breakfasts being knocked off, which he finally found the information somewhere, but only 1 breakfast was to be knocked off.

The SPA facility is great, the hotel in itself is well kept. The surroundings are beautiful, the rooms are great.

The property
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

The food is horrible. We ended up ordering pizza from the local pizza place for Easter because we had enough. If I was in charge of that place the chefs in all restaurants would be replace. After been disappointed with other items on the menus we ordered a burger thinking anyone could do a burger but it was terrible no taste plain plain. We only sleep in five stars properties and at breakfast a very must is a fresh orange juice here they managed to put orange juice from the box that is a NO NO NO for a five stars hotel. Such a shame they have to step up their game breakfast buffet is average. As for us we will never return again.

The property

Total unwind from reality!!
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

There wasn't anything possibly our stay was too short..

Everything was lovely really relaxing, our bedroom was very big.Reception area is really impressive open fires you can relax in front of. Breakfast there was a vast selection to choose from. Lovely gardens to walk around, Enniskerry village is really nice&there's lots to do in Powerscourt.

The Great Away Experience
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Level of comfort, space and facilities in the room was amazing. Hotel amenities were excellent. I like casual dining and the bar food and area was very pleasant. Beautiful views from all aspects of the hotel. Staff very pleasant and professional. It delivers all that it promises. The surrounding area has many great aspects to it from its landscape, sports activities, retail with local designs and crafts and much more.

Everything was perfect from the moment we arrived.

Nothing we didn’t like

Everything was perfect from the moment we arrived. We stayed in a one bedroom king suite with an amazing view. The room was immaculate and top spec. The food and service were outstanding. We are already planning a return trip

Wicklow is a really beautiful county but probably wouldn't stay here again
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Cleaning so so. Dust on glass surfaces. A couple of dead flies under curtains and a nail clipping on carpet. 3 TVs -2 totally unnecessary and impossible to view from couch or bed! Very fiddly controls of electrics - touch screen. Bedside lamps both extinguish simultaneously from one side of bed only. Hair dryer working on cold only. Reported this but hadn't been fixed at time of departure nor alternative provided. Impossible to reduce room temp below 19C so turned off system and opened window. Noise of bottles being emptied into skip circa 1-2 am!

Pretty decor. V comfortable bed. Room layout awkward.

Was a fab stay and would def love to go back.. would def nd to have extra cash for drinks.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Would have liked breakfast freshly cooked .I.e fry. Pub was full of children and very dark.. but food was delicious.. Drinks very exp..

Room was fab.. food also delicious..

It is not what this hotel once was so let your prices know about it.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

I have stayed in this hotel many times so fee this review is needed. The Powerscourt is not what it used to be since The Marriot took over. It is becoming one of those hotels that keep the lobby area beautiful but forget other crucial items. The baggage gentleman was an experience! He looked at our bags and just stood there.....he then asked us to put the bags on the trolley ourselves and watched a girl struggle with a huge case....that was our first 'welcome'. The check in is 4pm which is becoming more common but ridiculous. I explained we had a long trip and the reception staff member was cold with not even a smile. Totally unacceptable. In the room, the duvet cover had a hole in it, the curtain was broken and only one side closed and the light switch would not work properly. The toilet holder broke, no toiletries for the bath, only in the shower. Call for room service and you wait over 5 mins on hold! This happened three times. Overall, not what it used to be.

Another nice stay at Powerscourt.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Only two disappointments; the bed mattress needed replacement, hence sleep was not as good as it could have been. Also the mens spa room where the sauna and steam room etc are. The perforated vinyl ceiling tiles need repair or replacement. Nothing wrong with the amenities, just a tidy up so the overall look of the facility reflects the pricing.

The rooms are always nice to stay in. The size, layout, openess, decor. Bathrooms with tv built into the mirror, separate shower. The hotel, even when really busy, always seems to have a quiet and calmness about it. Staff are great from concierge to cleaner. The Sika restaurant chef was great; found me wandering about looking for my room on the wrong side of the hotel. He took the time to take me on a short cut through his restaurant to help me find my room. That's the human touch that makes a stay all the more special.

The whole stay was amazing since we walked in the door.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

The whole stay was amazing since we walked in the door. Very helpful staff and the gardens/area beside the hotel was magnificent. A wonderful swimming pool, comfy beds and a lovely breakfast all led to a top class experience.

Fabulous stay in fabulous surroundings .
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

We were in a romantic break and Other than the time of year (Easter ) which meant there were a lot of families with young children ( which was not the fault if the hotel ) there was nothing I didn’t like and would return again .

We had booked a deluxe mountain view room were given a complimentary upgrade to a superior deluxe .the bed was sooo comfy . The foyer / lounge area of the hotel is fabulous to relax in at the fires with some complimentary warm punch to warm you up after your walks . Spa area is beautiful and very relaxing .

Enjoyable but not relaxing.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

The staff were under a lot of pressure, especially at breakfast time which was too busy to be a pleasant experience.

The rooms and facilities were very nice

Beds were so comfortable.

Heating didn’t work in my parents room. And the door was broken so had to be careful closing it.

Beds were so comfortable. Spacious rooms. Friendly and helpful staff.

Fantastic stay - exceptional staff.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

We had a corner room at the end of the building which was an odd shape. The TV couldn't be seen (without straining your neck) from the bed. I would have expected to at least be told we were getting an odd shaped room. Drinks in the bar (McGill's Pub) were extortionately priced. A Hendrick's and Fever Tree Tonic was €13.50 (usually €9.50 in city centre premium bars). But the pub had a nice atmosphere and staff were again very friendly.

The staff were exceptional - very friendly, helpful but not overbearing. The perfect balance. Breakfast is a must - HUGE variety (hot breakfast, continental, even freshly made pancakes) and everything cooked to a great standard. Beds were extremely comfortable and the bathroom was well equipped with lots of mirrors, fabulous walk in shower and complimentary toiletries. Spa is just gorgeous - sauna and steam room were heavenly and the pool (whilst very busy) was nice and relaxing.

Really nice property. Slow service prob lets hotel down as not up to 5star standard.
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Service was very slow. Numerous times had to ask for someone to takes our order. Ordered a take away coffee at breakfast and waiter never returned with it.

The room. The food. The decor. The pool. The spa and therapist. The relaxation room.

Fabulous 5 star resort in a great location set within beautiful nature
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

The one bedroom suite was beautiful, so much space and everything you need. I loved the bathroom! Staff were really professional, friendly and helpful. Extra touches with a happy anniversary cake at dinner made it special. The mountain view is stunning, lovely walks and spa facilities are brilliant!

Very relaxing and beautiful scenery. Great break away for a romantic night or two 🙂
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Dinner was lovely but the ambience in the restaurant could have been better. Again the staff were lovely and very attentive and accommodating

Staff were very friendly, professional and attentive. Very comfy bed and air temp in the room was perfect (not always easy to get that right in a hotel room)

My unforgettable experience
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. Myself and my husband really enjoyed our stay. Their ESPA treatment is second to none. Especial mention to Sabrina ( I had the best treatment ever!) The 1 bedroom suite was very stylish,spacious and comfortable bed. I love the beautiful scenery. Staff were very attentive. I can't wait to go again.

Wonderful escape into a idyllic retreat
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Mountain View

Of all the facilities, i think SIKA restaurant was a little let down by lack of table linen. the only other small gripe is lack of basic information in the room. the hotel has opted for the very modern approach of having all it's information on screen but it quite limited, whereas we would have preferred the good old fashioned book that usually contains all the information/menus/times/maps etc. small gripes really

My daughter and i had a fabulous time here, we had a room with a view of the Sugarloaf and it was stunning. overall the stay was really fabulous, the room was very comfortable with all that we needed. The swimming pool was lovely feature, the food was good, the staff were helpful and friendly, breakfast was abundant with all sorts of extras.

a calamity
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

lost our bags for 1 hour, brought us someone else's bags from another room! This meant we had 1 hour less which we could have spent in the spa. We told reception on check in we didn't need the second room and they only gave us 1 key to the one room. They then charged us on check out for the room we only stayed in and a few days later subtracted for the second room which we were told we wouldn't be charged for and was not on our bill. When we asked they said someone else had stayed in the second room so why then were we still charged. This should be clearly communicated either at check in or check out!

Excellent food in restaurants
    • Guestroom with King or 2 Double Beds and Courtyard View

Very disappointing, mistake after mistake on first day, wrong Spa booking, delayed room service, cleared our breakfast table before we had left, dirty bed sheets, tablet to control heating now working. Each minor on their own, but we didn't want the next 24 hours to be as disappointing, so brought this to the attention of the concierge, who fumbled his way through an apology in dribs and drabs through the day. Sheets weren't changed until after 8pm on second night, metal brackets for tablet left on seat, attempted to send chocolates and wine as an apology, when we spoke to the concierge about the brackets for tablet they apologised again and said they hoped we were enjoying our wine and chocolates, which had not been left for us. At each turn staff did not seem to be communicating to resolve issues. Private spa for guests having treatments segregated by gender, only the relaxation room open to men and women, open spa for all guests not well maintained, sauna was out of order. All in all, very disappointing, would not return and would not recommend. Despite staffs protestations that the service received fell below their high standards we saw no evidence to suggest another visit would not be a repeat episode. Great pity as Lord Powerscourts gardens are truly beautiful, would definitely visit this area again to see them in full bloom, but stay elsewhere.

Excellent food in restaurants