2. Ireland hotel reviews
  3. Galway County hotel reviews
  4. Galway hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of The Galmont Hotel & Spa

Reviews of The Galmont Hotel & Spa This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Lough Atalia Road, Galway, Ireland

#15 of 50 hotels in Galway

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Gorgeous hotel beautifully decorated for Christmas.
    • Classic King Room

Just got off a plane and travelled a long distance to arrive at the hotel - so you would hope that check in would be smooth and delightful for what you’re paying to stay in this hotel. The particular lady we got this day appeared to be very uninterested in us, just got the job done - which is fine but it would be nice to have a simple “welcome to The Galmont” and some small talk. Not knowing Galway - I rely on reception or concierge for information. Anyways - I’m sure it was a once off as when leaving the receptionist couldn’t have been nicer, enquired about our stay in the hotel and our visit to Galway. Just a small thing. I work in the hotel business and am now so acutely aware of customer service. It’s the little things you notice.

Gorgeous hotel beautifully decorated for Christmas. Easy access from The underground car park to the main reception are via lift or stairs. I’ll leave check in for later. Room was spacious and clean. Bed was very comfy and there is a big television so you don’t miss out on anything. Bathroom is also lovely - all the amenities that you would require are provided. Breakfast in the morning was terrific - so much selection for all matter of palates and persuasions. Staff in the bar and restaurant are what makes this hotel stand out. One Lady and Gentleman in particular were super friendly and just made you feel you were an old friend - having a chat and a laugh. Great staff.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Beautiful room, lovely staff, wonderful experience
    • Business Class Room

It was very busy with Christmas parties. We got upgraded to a beautiful suite over looking Lough Atalia. The room was beautiful. The bed was the most comfortable I’ve ever slept in. Beautiful bed linen. Bathroom was huge! Lovely Elemis toiletries. Soft towels. Robes and slippers provided. Ironing board and iron. Perfect 👌

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Enjoyable but won’t stay there next year
    • Classic King Room

Christmas parties on and a lot of staff were catering to them so there was not enough staff to look after people staying for weekend, 10 mins waiting at bar for a drink isn’t good also pillows way too soft

Breakfast really nice

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Would think twice about picking a hotel that was large enought to hold Christmas functions.

The noise until 3am

The hotel was so noisy as there was a Christmas party and I did not get to sleep till after 3am. People were out the front of the hotel shouting and I pity anyone who was trying to get children asleep. While I know this was not the fault of the hotel I feel they have an obligation to other guests especially as I paid €193 for a B&B stay for one night. Perhaps parties could be asked to consider other guests, or someone could approach them to please tone it down in the early hours. While I thought the hotel was good I was glad to get home to get some sleep.

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Very comfy beds, service excellent and the rooms were really...
    • Classic King Room

The breakfast queue was very long and seemed very unorganised. Needed a different queue system. We had breakfast at 10 so was an hour left and wasn't last minute so I think this needs improvement. Everything else was great

Very comfy beds, service excellent and the rooms were really clean, check in and check out and reception services were excellent and couldn't fault them.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Lovely atmosphere & nice rooms
    • Superior King Room

We stayed for 2 nights and on the Sat nite were unable to get any sleep due to a band playing downstairs ...We were on the 2nd floor

Lovely atmosphere & nice rooms

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Very clean and comfortable hotel.
    • Superior King Seaview Room

The lifts were frustratingly slow - only two for a large hotel. The bar staff were also slow to take orders

Very clean and comfortable hotel. Great location

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Excellent room, service, breakfast, very good location.
    • Classic King Room

The swimming pool's shower area is not comfortable and very basic. Showers have a shower curtain, no soap/shampoo and shower temperature was too cold. No hooks to hang a towel in the shower area. No body lotion either and no system to quickly dry our swimsuits (all 4-star hotels have these).

Excellent room, service, breakfast, very good location.

Location was great.
    • Superior King Seaview Room

Bedrooms were a bit out of date compared to the lovely lobby area. There were long queues for breakfast. Didn't feel the stay was worth the price.

Location was great. Lobby area lovely with Christmas decorations.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Good but could have been better
    • Classic King Room

Initially. I was told that I could not have an early check-in. When I urged the c;erk to make an effort to get me a room, he did so. I am not sure why h e gave me a procedural response. I never ever experienced this when Radisson held the property.

Location and room comfort.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Disappointing. Would not return.
    • 'Level 5' Executive Floor

See above. Out of service elevators. Quite a small executive room. Very overpriced.

We stayed December 1st to 2nd. On arrival, one elevator out of service. By checkout both elevators were out of service. We had an executive room on 5th floor. We were stranded in _2 car park because lift out of service and stair door locked. Had to ring reception who advised we could take public exit up the stairs to go back into hotel. We had all our bags and no one offered help. Would not stay again or recommed.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Our room was fab, b/f very disappointing, poor value for money.
    • Classic King Room

The breakfast was self service only. At times , people were bumping into each other around bread stand etc , it felt like a zoo! The breakfast was lukewarm. Staff were very polite and served us tea and coffee to our table.

The bedroom was very modern, very clean and comfortable with all mod cons on site. The staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Location is excellent, it's within walking distance of...
    • Classic King Room

One of the two lifts was out of order which meant a long wait for it at check out time.

Location is excellent, it's within walking distance of Eyre Square where there is a lovely Christmas market on at the moment

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Extremely enjoyable. Friendly staff, wonderful rooms and a lovely restaurant. Excellent location.
    • Classic King Room

Only having a single elevator operational meant that we were waiting long times.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I was blown away by the comfort of the business class room. The afternoon tea was wonderful with incredible service.

More tired now than I was before I got there
    • Classic King Room

I went for a relaxing night away with my partner There was a Christmas party night so it was quite busy there was people next to us having a party at 5am and our room was situated across from the main entrance where everybody was after the party till 6am didn’t get any sleep till 7 missed my breakfast I was that tiered then they tried to charge me €8 for parking after me paying €180 for the room for the night! Of you're going for a relaxing night away ask if there’s a party night and see if they can put your in a room that’s not across from the main entrance! All was said to me was sorry and I didkt need to pay for parking! Wow

Would not stay again.
    • Classic King Room

This was my second time staying at this hotel and on both occassions, the elevators were not working. To say this is below standard is an absolute understatement. We had to drag our suitcases up and down stairs and had to walk to and from the car park in the pouring rain. I cant imagine how people with a baby or an elderly person would have managed. There were no signs to even advise that the lifts werent working.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

Bar food was really nice and the staff were really friendly.
    • Superior King Seaview Room

I booked a "Sea view" room and while I could see the sea, it wasn't what I expected. There was a car park right before my window. Also, I was extremely disappointment and surprised to hear that I had to pay 8euro per day for parking below the hotel. Ridiculous. I paid a premium to stay at your hotel and then you charge me to park!?! Finally, the elevators didn't work throughout the weekend. To top it off, my room card didn't work either so I had to walk down flights of stairs to ask the team at reception up reactivate it.

Bar food was really nice and the staff were really friendly.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

I was expecting better as it was my Mrs birthday but we still enjoyed our stay.
    • Superior King Seaview Room

The window was faulty and letting in a draught , with the storm last week it howled all night also the traffic noise from the main road. The 2 pillows were so flat they were practically no existent The tee spoon at the kettle was dirty(used). The door hinge was faulty and hard to open and close(room 254). The breakfast staff were disappointing. I ordered poached egg and my Mrs ordered pancakes we asked 3 times and they finally arrived just as we had finished. For the 2 nights b&b and dinners at €467 the service and room were not worth the price.

The bed was huge. The food in the restaurant was good(sea food platter). It was fairly quiet but that could be the time of year. Location was good , the view of the Lough and a five min walk from Eyre Square.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Comfortable but expensive, expected more for the price
    • Classic King Room

Hair in the bath Having to pay €8 for overnight parking is extortionate Breakfast could have been better-no menu options, couldn’t see porridge, coffee in pot lukewarm & no waiter in sight while there to bring to their attention

Bed was comfortable & I got a view of the lake

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

View was amazing, Room very clean, breakfast was lovely
    • Business Class Room

Our room was not ready when we arrived at 5pm and it had two single beds in it. Reception said this would be rectified but when we came back later that night it was still the same.. Finally sorted the next day around midday.. No water in room and nothing in the mini bar .. Bathroom quite outdated... It was sold as a business class room , and for 425 euro for 2 nights , I have stayed in much better

View was amazing, Room very clean, breakfast was lovely

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Nice place but expensive and a bit of a rip off!!
    • Superior King Seaview Room

Noise from people smoking outside bar downstairs One member of staff at reception was very unhelpful and unfriendly Extra charge for parking and thermal suite. Pool slippers and robes not available in rooms

Lovely view from room Really good breakfast Outside hot tub excellent Bed extremely comfortable Most of the staff were friendly and helpful especially one member of the night staff who sorted out the noise outside our room

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Very expensive breakfast , €17 is not a fair amount to...

Price

Very expensive breakfast , €17 is not a fair amount to charge. I felt the room rate @ €180 was also very high for one night. Hotel is beautiful and room was excellent . Staff are very attentive and helpful also as we received an early free check in

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Location is fantastic and bar area is really nice to relax...
    • Superior King Seaview Room

We stayed here last year when it was the Radisson and things seem to have deteriorated slightly. The reception staff upon arriving were poor, not a warm greeting, didn’t ask if we had stayed before, didn’t run through amenities and I had to ask to confirm what room they had us booked in. The basics. Also the pool is going through refurbishment at the moment which meant the men didn’t have access to a toilet or showers in the dressing rooms without having to have to walk through the main reception of the pool which wasn’t ideal, especially when these are the changing rooms for the spa. Lastly a minor point but still an annoyance is the lifts in the hotel are a nightmare.There are only two lifts and you end up going to every floor before actually getting to the one you want. Even attempting to take the stairs is quite difficult with the way they’re laid out. You’ll understand when you see it for yourself.

Location is fantastic and bar area is really nice to relax in. We booked a sea view room which was really nice. Breakfast was superb

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Breakfast was nice, outdoor hot tub was good.
    • Superior King Room

Having to pay parking. You should highlight this. Plus we didn’t expect to pay a delivery charge for room service given the price for the room already.

Breakfast was nice, outdoor hot tub was good.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

I think the hotel have a problem with the heat
    • Superior King Room

When we were checking in it was very busy and the room wasn't ready. We had to wait almost 45 minutes and then we were given a room where the lock on the window was broken and the heat didn't work. When we got back to our room after being out the front desk sent up a plug in heater when we made them appear the heat didn't work.

Convenient location and friendly staff.

The room was very nice.
    • Classic Twin Room

We had to take 2 lifts and walk for what felt like miles to get to our room. One of the staff showed us a quick way to reception through fire exit door and down stairs. The doors on all the fire exit doors we tried were locked!!!!!!! We booked a twin room. It was confirmed by phone. When we arrived we were asked again if it was a twin room we booked yet when we went our room it was a double. Even though we wanted a nap after arriving at 5.30 we had to wait nearly an hour to have it sorted. There was only 2 tea bags in the room. We asked for more but didn't get them. There was no hairdryer in the room. There was too many little things wrong to give the Galmount a good rating. We paid €200 for an overnight stay it was far too expensive for what we got. Parking was also an issue. I was told it would cost €8 for overnight parking in the public carpark but it was €19.50. Overall very disappointing.

The room was very nice. Bed very comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

We were given a room upgrade which was very nice and...
    • Classic King Room

The Breakfast service could be improved. It was very busy which would be expected on a Sunday morning of a bank holiday weekend in Galway. However, the hot food and other items were not been maintained. Even after 20 min the hot food still had not been restocked. Also if you wanted to get more tea or coffee it was very difficult to get a member of staff. This is a pity, as if your room rate does not include breakfast it is quite pricey.

We were given a room upgrade which was very nice and appreciated.

It was lovely
    • Business Class Room

Air conditioning to heat the room was very awkward to use and took a while to kick in. Breakfasr and the food was OK but nothing spectacular for the price you would pay per person. The piece to swap from shower to the bath wouldn't stay in it would keep clicking back to shower when you were running a bath but I underestand that's due to wear and tear.

The bed was very comfy and the room was an excellent size and spacious. Location was perfect. Lovely design to the hotel was very appealing. Reception staff were quiet helpful. The view from the smoking area and our room was lovely. The room itself Exceeded my expectations.

Lovely hotel great location
    • Superior King Room

Power in the shower was a little low but thats being very picky

Fabulous breakfast....lovely big comfy beds.....leisure centre & hot tub really good....lovely staff....great location....overall a lovely hotel...would def book again

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Stayed at this fabulous hotel while attending the Christmas...
    • Superior King Room

Stayed at this fabulous hotel while attending the Christmas markets at the weekend and I cannot speak highly enough of it! The room was so clean and tidy, loads of space, an unbelievably comfy bed with a great bathroom and shower. Fabulous views of the bay and a 5 minute walk from the city centre. Breakfast was top notch, so tasty and a huge selection to choose from. Fell in love with this hotel, will definitely be back! :)

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

The room was spacious and comfortable.
    • Superior King Room

Staff seemed over whelmed by the number of people staying in the hotel that day. Long line for reception almost every time we passed, and Long line for breakfast buffet.

The room was spacious and comfortable. Staff helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Excellent location with great views over the Lough

Nothing could have been better

Staff were very very good on what was a very busy weekend for them, nothing was a problem for them, check in very good with a professional and speedy service.

Lovely hotel...few niggles
    • Superior King Seaview Room

Unfortunately to get to the swimming pool/ sauna you have to walk through the hotel in a robe as there were no changing facilities in the pool area. Getting into the lift with other hotel guests whilst in wet trunks and robe was an experience. I wouldn't expect this of a hotel that charged £188 for a room only for the night.

Hotel was modern and clean and is ideally placed for the City centre. Parking was good and not expensive if paid with the room.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Disappointing, staff not attentive and were more interested in talking to each other.
    • Superior Twin Room

staff not attentive, spoke to each other more than watched what was going on with customers and were not on top of their game generally (only one young man was good in the cafe attached to the bar) the others were chatting to each other and we could not catch their attention to get another drink and after trying for some time we left to go to a different hotel down the road eventhough we were staying in the Galmont. The drink is also much more expensive than the other hotels in the area (we found this out as a result of our other visits)

good location

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Reasonable location
    • Classic King Room

Check in was very slow Arrived at 2pm but couldn’t check in until 3pm Place has no atmosphere or character Had to pay extra for car parking Staff not particularly friendly

Reasonable location

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

It was fine, but not good value for money
    • Superior King Room

Number of towels very sparse. Had to use same towel the following morning and it was still damp. For €380 for two nights (not including breakfast) i’d expect more. Also being charged for the parking was a bit much considering it’s underground hotel parking!!

Comfy bed, friendly staff

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Probably will go back, just not to restaurant
    • Classic King Room

The restaurant, food was not nice and staff were very standoffish, and were not very knowledgeable about menu, also no food allergies listed, no gluten free alternative.

Staff in bar, reception, maintenance and cleaning were very friendly and approachable. Food in bar was lovely

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Very luxurious, but needs updated as it is a little old-fashioned.
    • Superior King Room

One thing I wasn't aware of before I arrived was that I would be charged for parking as a hotel guest. I understand, as the location is prime, but I would have liked to have been warned. I found everything to be fairly overpriced for the value that I got, with the exception of the spa thermal suite, which was excellent. Breakfast was included with the room, and the buffet selection was good but not great for the price. The room facilities also weren't dazzling for the price - it had everything I needed, but just little things were a bit inconvenient, such as the plugs not being near the bed to charge phones, and no USB ports being provided. I was expecting there to be extra towels and perhaps robes so that we could head down to the spa, and I was a little disappointed that wine glasses were provided, but there was no minibar that I could see to purchase from. The bed was extremely firm, which I know suits a lot of people, but I woke up with my back muscles all tense and sore, and feeling not refreshed at all, unfortunately, when I had been so excited because of the hotel's claims about their beds. Pillows were very thin and didn't provide support - I realise they were goose-down and very fancy, but I think comfort trumps expensiveness when it comes to hotels. The staff on reception seemed a little bemused at my request to add one additional person to the room as well as myself, and charged me 20 euros for this, even though I had already paid the €310 rate for two nights in the room and didn't require an additional breakfast for my impromptu companion, which I stated. I was also told that I was going to have to ask booking.com for an itemized receipt, even though it clearly stated on the site to ask the hotel itself for a receipt on departure (and I had emailed ahead about this), and the hotel finally gave me a full itemized receipt when I challenged them on this.

The hotel was very stylish, and the location was amazing and very close to Eyre Square and Galway city centre. The swimming pool and spa facilities were excellent, especially the pool, jacuzzi and hot tub overlooking Galway Bay. The bed was huge and the aircon and thermostat were great, and tea/coffee facilities in the room are always a plus. It was also very quiet when we stayed, which was much appreciated.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Spa, breakfast, bar, staff, the LOCATION 😍😍😍😍 the ROOM.
    • Classic King Room

The lifts.... joke all over the place..

Spa, breakfast, bar, staff, the LOCATION 😍😍😍😍 the ROOM.... the TV has a fire app 🔥🔥😍😍😍 just in love ❤️ this is my all time favorite place to stay in Galway 🤩

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Breakfast cold It was a big dissappointment we were so...
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast cold It was a big dissappointment we were so looking forward to fry up which we rarely eat No milk at table had to go and get a jug from other table Breakfast very young and very slow seevice

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Fun short break, great bed and breakfast facilities.
    • Superior King Room

A bit of wear and tear on hotel carpets and bathroom. Very noisy when we arrived as a graduation ceremony was taking place. Checkout was eventful as computer crashed in middle of transaction. Managers communication skills need a bit of work.

Lovely comfortable bed. Spacious room. Excellent buffet breakfast with really good quality bacon and sausages.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

The location - close to Centre of Galway - very accessible.
    • Classic King Room

The room I was in - it was out in what they call the 'East Wing' ..... lift to first floor and then a long walk around to another lift and then up 3 floors. These rooms do not have air con - only an electric style heater in the corner - room was freezing and it was also dark on account of the fact that there was frosting on the windows - when I opened the window I realised why .... this room looked out onto what looked like a 'dumping ground' below - not exactly what I would be used to whilst staying here. The hotel itself is beautiful but this room made me miserable - hated coming back to it.

The location - close to Centre of Galway - very accessible.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Great location but not sure I'd stay again due to issues noted above
    • Superior King Room

One of the elevators was out of service and took ages to get the elevator that was working. When we checked in the car park was full. We had to park across the street, which the hotel would not validate. Cost us an additional 20 euros which we were very unhappy about.

Bed was very comfortable and room temperature was perfect.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Lovely 2 night stay
    • Classic King Room

Lovely, modern hotel. Excellent location to the centre of Galway, only a few minutes to Eyre Square. The breakfast was fantastic, plenty of options.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Nice big clean rooms, I would happily stay here again.
    • Superior King Seaview Room

The bathroom was not very modern but it had everything that was needed. There was really not much that I didn't like. We only stayed for one night so I would have like to have stayed for longer and experienced the hotel more and used more of the facilities.

The hotel was perfectly located, very clean and neat with large rooms. The breakfast was great, very substantial. The staff were friendly and helpful. There was easy access underground parking for our hired car.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Mediocre
    • Superior King Seaview Room

Very noisy in the room. Sounded like a helicopter was periodically flying over us the noise was so loud. I have no idea where it was coming from Had to wait a long time to check in The lift was broken Fire alarm sounding while we were in the spa. Jacuzzi temp was cool General wear and tear on walls in hallway Grey colour scheme was drab

Location was good, room was clean

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Loved it and will come again.
    • Superior Twin Room with Sea View

The room was disappointing because I had booked a luxury room with view. Due to asking for walk in shower for my mother we got an inferior room. But when I complained I got money off my bill so it all worked out and was happy with the rest.

Loved the food breakfast very good.staff were very good.and helpful

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Comfortable hotel. Very central location.
    • Superior King Room

The lifts were a disaster. There was only one working in the main foyer when we arrived but by the time we were leaving there were queues outside this lift and it kept bypassing the reception area, no one could get in or out. Very disappointing service for such a busy hotel. Also we went down for breakfast before 10am but yet again queues here. Sausages were not cooked and were sent back but arrived out again without spending any length of time in the kitchen. However there was plenty of tea and coffee brought to us when requested.

The Foyer was nice, bright and modern. It had lovely seating areas for having a chat with friends

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Great hotel/spa but value for money wasn’t amazing
    • 'Level 5' Executive Floor

We booked an executive suite for 3 nights and were expecting a lot More from The room than what we got.. also rang ahead and asked for a room with a lake view and lady on the phone said that she had arranged that only to arrive and not have it

Really liked the size of the bed in our room and room service was amazing!

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

One of the lifts were broken only used on last day to get...
    • Classic King Room

One of the lifts were broken only used on last day to get cases down stairs very busy hotel should have someone in maintenance to carry out repairs Sunday or not but other than that excellent 👍

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Ideal location next to Galway city centre.
    • Superior King Room

The breakfast staff in the mornings were very rude. Got shouted at very abruptly by a young female server when we went to take a seat that we had to return and be seated. Got given coffee instead of tea and a waffle instead of pancakes, both had to be sent back. Rang reception several times asking to remove my room service tray and they never came up to do it so it sat there overnight with leftover food smelling the room. €8 car parking per day was also over priced .

Ideal location next to Galway city centre. The pool was really enjoyable with jacuzzi sauna and steam room.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

You will not be disappointed!
    • Classic King Room

Everything is wonderful about this hotel! It is just a two minute walk from the train station and city centre. The food, cleanliness, staff, the spa, just everything was great! Could not recommend going here highly enough, and the value for money is great, I am already looking to book my second trip!

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

A peaceful and relaxing stay
    • Superior King Room

I thought the fitness Centre and poor were excellent and a real bonus!! The breakfast was excellent even allowing you to order pancakes and waffles separate to the buffet.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

A perfect relaxing overnight stay.
    • Classic King Room

Everything it exceeded what we expected. We originally booked a normal King room but were upgraded to seaview at no charge. It was just beautiful.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

• Superior King Seaview Room

Staff attention to detail, slow service. The staff were slow to serve food and follow up on orders. The hotel was quiet but all the staff seem occupied. Hotel missing the little extra that used make it stand out.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Not good value for money.
    • Business Class Room

Bar staff were miserable and unfriendly. Thought the business room would be bigger. Sink blocked. Lift broken. Had to walk down from fourth floor.

Lovely breakfast.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Location was fantastic.
    • Business Class Room

I did not like having to pay for parking. Elevators broke on the second day and my wife is heavily pregnant. Eventually one staff member let us use the staff lift considering we were staying on 4th floor but it was a little late as we where checking out. I paid an extra €20 to use thermail suites only to find them all cold, I ended up leaving after 5 minutes.

Location was fantastic. Rooms where nice and very clean.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

When we mentioned difficulty in getting from car park to...
    • Classic King Room

One of the lifts was out of order, and apparently, had been for a day or two.

When we mentioned difficulty in getting from car park to lobby we were immediately offered upgrade to a superior room

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Quiet an relaxing very enjoyable
    • Classic King Room

Not really much to complain about apart from the lifts one was not working an the other seemed to have a mind of its own at times

All food an drink was of a high standard staff were all very friendly an the location of hotel to the coach station an town centre was excellent

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

High Quality luxurious hotel and excellent location .
    • Classic King Room

1 lift out of action , long walk to room , signage not great and confusing .bar food was dissappointing this visit ( fish and chips )slow bar service

High Quality luxurious hotel and excellent location . Have stayed a few times and hope to go back .

Very enjoyable
    • Superior King Seaview Room

Only getting tea or coffee at breakfast when you had finished eating your breakfast. This happened on two out of the three mornings.

Everything. Good very good. Staff excellent.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

The pool was fabulous and the breakfast had a good variety.
    • Classic King Room

Only one lift working and we were on the 3rd floor and i am currently 38 weeks pregnant so wasn't ideal.

The pool was fabulous and the breakfast had a good variety.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Bring back the Radisson...
    • Classic King Room

One of the two lifts servicing the entire hotel was out of service. Getting our bags to our room from car park took 30 mins due to the high traffic and one operational lift. Note: Park at -1 level so at least you can access by stairs, -2 is lift only. Upon arrival in our room we noticed a faulty window - the handle was damaged and it was not possible to 'lock window closed leaving a significant draft in the room, outside temps were in low single figures so it was quite noticeable. We contacted the front desk and were told they could not move us to another room as they were booked out and that they would send up maintenance to fix the window. We left the room and had a drink at the bar to let people do their work, when we arrived back there was a new handle on the window however it still wouldn't close and the draught was still present. We contacted the front desk again and they eventually arranged another room for us. Having arrived in our new room we realised it was a smaller room than what we had purchased and PREPAID for. Another call to front desk and eventually we were moved to another room which fitted the description of what we had paid for. This room swapping process took over three hours and wasn't the best start to what was supposed to be a relaxing stay. We met many guests who were quite upset about the lift situation, and echoed the same sentiment, that the hotel did not seem to care about the inconvenience caused. Upon checking out, we were not asked how our stay was and we were not even offered an apology about the situation with the lift. A nice touch would have been to cover the car park charges as a gesture however no such luck. Generally, we got the feeling that once they had our money they weren't too bothered about anything else. We have stayed here before quite regularly and this would not have happened under the Radisson name.

The Bar - Staff friendly and nice place to relax, music good and food good. Breakfast in the morning was nice, self service buffet style and no problem to order anything like coffee or poached eggs.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

the staff were very friendly and accomadating, room was...
    • Classic King Room

the staff were very friendly and accomadating, room was beautiful ,nice quiet area but yet only a few mins walk to Eyre Sq. Breakfast was excellant,over all we had a great time and will return again.

Spa treatment and food
    • Superior King Room

Car park - access to hotel reception not straight forward. One lift out of order and stairs door was locked at -2 level. Had to walk the road we drove down to find a stairs on -1 level. Not very safe. When we arrived to check in we were told that our room was not ready despite being told when we booked our room it would be ready from 3pm on. We didn't get our room until 5pm which had a knock on effect our evening's plans.

Spa treatment and food

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Leisure centre was lovely.
    • Superior King Room

Our check in experience wasn’t good. We arrived at 3:45 but our room wasn’t ready till 5 pm. We had a complimentary drink at the bar initially but even after taking our time over that the room wasn’t ready. Then when I went to the desk again the room was ready but nobody had taken the time to come and tell us although we were sitting in reception. A bit disappointing and not a great start to our stay.

Leisure centre was lovely. Nice friendly staff. Very clean.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

great location attention to detail needed
    • Superior King Seaview Room

Food Service Room Service (Curtain fell down on arrival) Bathroom very rusty tiles on bath Lifts not working Breakfast couldve been better

Unfortunately the lifts were broken so only one lift was working we had to keep taking the stairs, Im 9 months pregnant! We waited a full hour between starters and main courses at the bar Sunday night as there was a tour, we were bitterly disappointed as this was our baby moon.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

we enjoyed our stay
    • Superior King Seaview Room

one elevator not working created a slightly stressful atmosphere around the reception area particularly for young families and older residents trying to commute between the hotel,the car park and spa area too much time wasted waiting on elevator I was also contacted pre my stay to see if I would like an early check in I booked early check in but only got word back after my stay and on arrival at 3pm i had to wait until 3.20pm to get the room but we were upgraded to business class Thank you

the breakfast was great the venue was lovely the staff coped well under pressure

Rooms nice and clean.
    • Classic Twin Room

One of lifts out of order and the second one only worked sometimes..the lobby and bar area was freezing .my daughter emailed spa for treatment a week before we went to be told it was booked out and put her on waiting list but she heard no more ...

Rooms nice and clean...Good location

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Staff were extremely friendly, manorly and attentive.
    • Business Class Room

One lift only working. But thankfully signage was good to use the stairs. No kopperberg at the bar.

Staff were extremely friendly, manorly and attentive.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

I liked the spa and pool area, the poll was big enough and...
    • Superior King Room

I had a few really bad experiences during our stay at this hotel. First of all the lifts were not working most of the time and everyone had to use the stairs with bags etc. That was disappointing and completely not clear for anyone, I waited with a group of people in the parking at -2 for a long time to get the lift (there was no sign the lifts were not working). Also, the staircase door was locked from that floor, we had a hard time finding a way out of the parking. The next crazy thing, was when we first unlocked our room we discovered someone else was also booked in that room. This made us and the other person very uncomfortable as you can image. I would never want to return to this hotel.

I liked the spa and pool area, the poll was big enough and quite empty.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

This hotel has gone downhill
    • Classic King Room

The elevators were broken my room was about a 10 minute walk from reception. My room had no view and a frosted window and was 2 single beds pushed together.The breakfast was terrible there was no milk or cereal left at 10 am the stations were not been filled up or cleaned. There is a lack of staff and no customer service .

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Located just around the corner from eyre square .
    • Superior King Seaview Room

We didn’t get in the bar or have a drink there either . The breakfast lay out was all over the place and we weren’t asked by the waiter if we wanted tea and coffee . The food was was below warm temperature.

Located just around the corner from eyre square . The room was lovely and clean with a view .

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Very good hotel
    • Classic King Room

Breakfast system needs major improvement and breakfast personnel is lack of training. 2 days in a row we were waiting for around 5 mins to be seated. Nobody really explains how it works and what can be ordered. Only one lady (Asian) was working and the rest of them were just walking back and forth.

Very big and busy hotel with spacious room and bathroom. The location is the highlight and there is a parking onsite (chargeable). Loved the spa treatments, outside hot tub and jacuzzi are fabulous.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

I won't be coming back!
    • Superior Twin Room with Sea View

Kids running around us when trying to eat Poor customer service, particularly at breakfast when 2 staff told us something "wasn't their job" and didn't even offer to try help, we were simply trying to order Breakfast wasn't great at all, very greasy It's a treck over to the spa and then even at the spa we got sent to the gym locker rooms to change and had treck up and down several times the outdoor jakuzzi wasn't working Had to pay for parking, it wasn't hugely expensive (8 euro over night) however I would expect this to be included Lifts take FOREVER!

Nice modern Hotel, good location! My friend had a very good facial at the spa

We Price Match