Reviews of Ashbourne Court Hotel 3 stars

Bridge Street, Ashbourne, Ireland

#1 of 6 hotels in Ashbourne

No ramp to access the hotel from the car park. The room was poor for the price and the shower was like you would expect in a leisure centre, along with cheap generic soap. The room was also difficult to access with a baby in a carrier; with several tight doors to negotiate. Wiring in the room was also exposed. Definitely not good value for the price.

The food was good in the bar, however our cocktail had three flies in it (that we know of).

The key card system seems to have a few glitches, had to keep getting our cards revalidated.

Great location. Good rooms. Helpful & friendly staff.

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

There were no plugs at the side of the bed to charge your phone, limited TV channels. The breakfast was very poor.

The staff were very helpful, the man at the concierge was very helpful.

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

it was all exactly what we needed.

Stop before flying home. A very comfortable generic hotel. We walked down the road for a great lunch and shared a dinner at the hotel. Large room. Great bed. Don't miss the Swan Forge Pub...about ten minutes outside of Ashbourne. The most charming pub we raised a pint in. Hopefully Conor will be on duty. He showed us around. It's a treasure trove of memorabilia...from the old forge and from decades of Irish life. Worth the short drive.

They run the bar as a nightclub even on a Sunday evening. Saturday finished about 3am and Sunday 2am. The room was shaking and I had about 5 hours sleep over the weekend. They should be one or the other. When I said checking out on Monday I should get a rebate I was laughed at.

little

• Triple Room with Bathroom

You'd find comparable and even better places for similar price. Be prepared for a noise in the night, when people are returning from the late bar. Not exactly my cup of coffee this hotel.

Close to Ireland countryside.

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

Served 2 vodka and red bull, one had no vodka in it and staff denied this and tasted the drink and insisted there was vodka in it. Staff should never taste a customer's drink! We were then charged €15 For real vodka and red bull! We were also rudely ignored while checking out of the hotel. This is not our first time having a bad experince in the hotel and bar

Breakfast was the best part of our stay, food was delicious and the staff were very nice there

The weather was warm...the rooms hot. No fans. This hotel has a sports bar and was noisy into the early hours.

Location...close to the airport and a 25 minute bus ride into Dublin. Shopping...several markets within walking distance. Secure parking. Spacious room.

• Quadruple Room with Bathroom

Toilet seat was broke on arrival , doesn’t say much for the cleaning if they didn’t notice the broken seat when cleaning between guests ! Toilet door kept jamming and the handle was broke so my 10 year old wouldn’t use the loo alone . Shower door handle was also in need of fixing but didn’t affect use .

Near shops for snacks for kids , handy for tayto park

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

No air conditioning in the room, cooked breakfast could have been better. There was no residence bar other than a (sports bar) that was open to the general public.

The location was good and parking was free

It was a Friday night and sits above a bar and as it was a warm night i had the windows open so the drunk revellers were loud and traffic in the morning but it didn't bother me too much!

Room was a fantastic and large and lovely and clean. When i mean large i mean large! Excellent value for money. Staff were great at check-in and checkout and hotel was quiet. I have stayed breifly a few years ago and its got better since! Would stay here again.

• Triple Room - Special Offer

The wi-fi was advertised as being available in all rooms but we couldn't get it in our room. This is misleading advertising.

Lovely spacious room. Comfy beds. Location great, just a short walk to the bus stop to catch a bus into Dublin.

The location is seedy with an over proliferation of takeways and litter on the street. A lot of people hanging about on the street. We didn't book breakfast but were assured that we could get it in the dining room but when we went down the waitress told us we would have to wait for 20 minutes or so "until they cleared the tables"

Room was ok and clean. Bathroom likewise

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

Dinner in restaurant was delicious, rooms are dated, bathrooms tiny & worn out looking. Bed comfy. Check in before they open security gate to park. Payment was gone thru on credit card without authorization, booked with booking.com.

• Triple Room with Bathroom

Booked the hotel online. It was adbertised payment will be taking at the hotel. Hotel took one payment and made secpnd transaction for the same amount -tgey call it preauthorisation. However money left my account twice and could not use it for 5 days before it was released back to my account. Unhelpful staff to resolve this issue. Also when going for a weekend-vely loud night club until half two in the morning. Kids kept waking up.

• Quadruple Room with Bathroom

Bathroom needs upgrading, shower rail broken, no plug in the bath so couldn’t give a two year old a bath. Iron didn’t work. No air conditioning in room so extremely hot. Very noisey. Breakfast not great.

Staff were nice

• Triple Room - Special Offer

I had 3 kids with me under the age of. 10 I specifically checked that the hotel had WiFi and booked for this reason, was no WiFi was no signal and when I looked up previous reviews other visitors had complained of same problem going back last year so they’re advertising WiFi is fake and I didn’t get the service I paid for, also had to go back into hotel twice to get the gate opens so I could drive my car out so I had to unload all 3 kids to walk back in as they didn’t anser the phone, was a joke Apart from this the room was clean and comfortable and spacious and I was relaxed

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

our roam was over the beer garden and smoking aera the noize of the disco was verry loud till about 4 in the morning. and there was a couple fighting out side our door we had to call reception twice it want on all night we had our son with us he is 4 year old he was frightened and we had a big job to get him to sleep with all what was going on. no management at the hotel to sort things out the couple fighting were verry drunk and sounded as if there were drugies to we did not go i to the hall because we faired our safety we requsted security because the men was beatiing the girl we could hear the boxez he was giving her security should have remove them but they told them to go into there roam whete it got worse there roam was right behind out bed we had to call recption again the came up to there roam but they let them stay. i thing they should have been removed.

• Triple Room with Bathroom

When we arrived the car park gate was locked and no one answered the intercom. I had to leave my family in the car parked precariously at the entrance to the car back and walk around to reception which was unattended. Three Staff members were chatting in the bar area when I went to look for assistance. The receptionist then appeared and stated that there was no one to cover his break. This hotel has a night club and loud music kept my family and I awake much of the night. The music stopped at approx 2.30am and the revellers then moved the party outside to the street below our window untill almost 3am. We come a small quiet country area in Ireland and my young children were terrified at the noise of the drunken crowd outside. The breakfast the next morning was also very poor quality with sliced pan bread only and cereals presented in Tupperware boxes as one might get at ones grannies. The breakfast was wall to wall deep fried. Over priced at 199€ pus 29€ for breakfast. I have no axe to grind generally but I must say that I would advise potential guests of this Hotel to steer clear unless perhaps they wanted to stay up all night drinking etc.

Location was convenient to Tattersallls International Horse Trials.

On check in I was asked how I would like to pay and given the choice to pay on check out. I said yes, I would pay on check out. The next day when checking out I discovered that the rooms had already been paid for from the card saved on booking.com (used to reserve the room) and without my authorisation! I find it extremely concerning that my card was used without my approval, in addition to the fact that this actually put my card overdrawn (since I had put the money on the travel card I planned to use!) The check out staff was very apologetic and said he would make his manager aware.

Everything else about the hotel was great, the rooms were big and comfortable and the facilities were good. No other complaints!

After traveling 6 hours on the road after a days work I arrived in the hotel. The first problem is on the site it says there’s parking for guests. This isn’t true as I had the choice of park across in the Tesco car park and risk being clamped as the receptionist at the desk said laughing at the idea or park in tight to a wall beside the smoking area partially blocking cars parked already in cars paces from exiting and hope they don’t damage your car. Then the showers didn’t work and after speaking to the receptionist twice at the desk again about it he told me just make do as the water pipe in navan had burst, yet the following morning I checked three random bedrooms with the cleaners and all showers worked perfectly. I spoke with the receptionist at the desk and he told me the manager would contact me ASAP which never happened and I wasn’t even partially reimbursed or offered another room for my troubles. Without any doubt I would highly recommend avoiding this place it’s highly unprofessionally run.

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

The room had no window it had a sky light their were no toiletries in the bath room no stopper in the sink the heating had a mind of it's own room 313is a no no

We only got into the car park I night out of 7 we had to par in an overflow car park unsecured.

Parking

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. Shops and sights were within walking distance. The price was average. The lobby was attractive and inviting. They do offer a traditional Irish breakfast but we did not have the time to eat, but there is coffee and tea in the room.

• Triple Room - Special Offer

Holding my room as guaranteed by booking.com. Guests need to be informed that sleep will be impossible till 3am, due to being above night club.

My second room was cancelled because my credit card couldn’t be processed. I was told by email I had two hours to respond. I arrived at the hotel with 45 mins to spare and my room had been given away. There was a nightclub downstairs with music so loud that sleep was impossible till 3am.

• Quadruple Room with Bathroom

Our family of four (with two young kids) were placed in a room right near the hotel’s nightclub. The noise from the club kept our entire family up all night. Unfortunately we didn’t realize our proximity to the club until it was too late. Additionally, when we retrieved our car the next morning, there was vomit on it - apparently we were parked too close to the nightclub’s balcony and someone got sick after a night of too much fun (there were no other parking spots available - the lot was tiny). Not a nice way to finish our Ireland vacation. To be fair, we didn’t ask for a different room. Perhaps we could have changed and the noise wouldn’t have been as bad, but not sure anyone could have done anything about the vomit.

One important comment-the shower room floor is exceptionally slippery and both my husband and I slipped on it and also both of our friends in another room.

It was on a bus route to Dublin

We spent $140 per night to stay here on a Saturday & Sunday night in room 102 which is just above the bar/night club, which unbeknownst to us closes at 2:30a.m. on Saturday night into Sunday morning. The music and people were extremely loud all the way up till bar closing time. Tried sleeping with earplugs but could hear and feel the music even with them in. Called the front desk to complain at 1:30ish and nothing was done to remedy the situation. Heard the last door slam in the hallway after 3:00 am. I had to be awake to travel into the city at 5:15 so needless to say, I didn't get much sleep on that Saturday night. When I returned to the hotel Sunday and shared my concern with the front desk person, he said that the only thing he could do was offer me a free breakfast for Monday morning. In my opinion the breakfast was a far too insignificant gesture for what occurred the night before but it is what it is. I will say that the hotel was peaceful on Sunday night when the night club wasn't open, so there's that... Would I stay here again? Never. The hotel has so much potential. Aside from the showerhead in the bathroom that was dangling by a thread and some screwed up bathroom tiles, this place was beautiful and I was initially impressed by how nice it seemed... but due to the weekend party atmosphere and the desk staff's complete ineptness in dealing with the situation, I'll look elsewhere in the future and would encourage others who need rest to do so as well. If you're looking to party and have a place to crash, this place might just be for you!

Breakfast was as expected.

When I arrived everyone from the bar/club were outside the venue shouting and roaring outside our window. Everything was great except for the incovience of noise

• Quadruple Room with Bathroom

Well didn't like much of my stay. Was charged £303 that was ment to be in euro but was charged pound to euro but I got over that .. Very noisy in the hotel .. and when I went to get a drink for myself and partner from the hotel bar the door into it was closed so was told by a member of staff to go onto the street and up into the bar then carry my drink back down the main Street and in the front hotel door.. never stayed in a hotel in my life that makes guest do that . Don't think they cater well for guest at all it's more a club than hotel. The place was freezing at night kids were freezing no heating on all night. Couldn't find anyone in the hotel down stairs to ask if i could get a heater for the room.. The breakfast was a joke burned and hard with no yogurt on offer as stated on menu and no Apple juice or fruit and may I add I paid a extra £50 for the breakfast for 2 kids and adult.. I would highly recommend not to stay here with children it's not Safe place people just walk in of the street drunk with no one down stairs in reception to stop them ..

Nice town

• Quadruple Room with Bathroom

At check in, the receptionist seemed as if she did not want to be there, did not go over any information about the hotel, I asked about parking, and she wasn't particularly helpful and said the car park was full but didn't exactly offer any other options. There was a party going on in one of the private rooms and she seemed annoyed with the noise level. We had to find a parking space in another car park, then we noticed from our window in the room that there was a space in the hotel car park, and went back to reception to inquire if they could open the car park for us, which a man at the reception desk assisted us with, thankfully. Also, the curtains in the room had mould on the inside which I was surprised to see.

The staff in the bar and restaurant were very friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the bar that evening which was decent and served quickly. Check out was quick and easy and the man on the desk that morning was very friendly. The beds were pretty comfortable. The staff at breakfast were also very friendly and helpful.

The noise coming from the room next door made our stay very uncomfortable slamming doors every 5 mins concidering it cost 248 with no meal or breakfast included in the price

Did not like being in a room at the front of the hotel, as it was next to a set of traffic lights and the noise was constant. Also the noise of people coming out of the pub on the ground floor late at night woke us up on both nights.

The position of the hotel in Ashbourne is really good.

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

We had the water shut off the next morning as they were repairing a shower in a room nearby, fortunately we had already been up, showered and dressed!

Room was spacious and clean, was very close to 50/50 restaurant where our friends were holding their celebrations so was really handy for us.

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

maybe a bath as well as a shower

we stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with our 20 month old son as we were visiting the zoo and tayto park. the hotel is so clean and the staff are really friendly, it is situated right beside shops, food premises etc so its really handy, our room was quite large and very clean. Breakfast was first class we will defo be returning in the future

• Quadruple Room with Bathroom

The mattress in the bed was a little uncomfortable.

Great size family room with two single beds and a double bed. We also had a cot in the room and there was still lots of space in the room. The hotel is in the middle of town, so there are pubs, restaurants (mainly take-away places) and a number of major supermarkets very close to the hotel. We stayed here due to its convenience to Dublin airport and Dublin zoo. We arrived late and left early, so didn't avail of the restaurant or bar in the hotel.

• Triple Room with Bathroom

Internet wouldn’t connect Lift was broken Lamps were dusty and half the lights didn’t work Iron board broke and iron had something burnt to it also loads of iron marks on carpet people must have used carpet to iron on Bed was very uncomfortable we had to sleep on the quilt Very noisy nightclub and arguing and shouting during the night

Room was big so was bathroom

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

Bar staff could smile a little but there was nothing negative about my stay

Didn't have breakfast, Receptionist was lovely really friendly very well groomed. She was a pleasure to meet, very helpful.

The room was not ready at 3 as stated. I had to wait half an hour. Remedial decorating had obviously been in progress, as there was unpainted filler in the walls and a large unfilled hole in the plaster behind the door.

The restaurant down stairs in the bar was excellent. The food was served quickly and was hot when it arrived. The staff were great.

The night club downstairs, the rooms aren’t sound proof at all and noise seems to travel quite badly in the hotel. Not a place I’d stay again with small children but great fun for adults

So close to every thing and clean and close to Tayto park for us. We've paid for dearer hotels than this and they haven't been as good as this one.

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

My visit was for a family wedding and When I was getting dressed I noticed the ironing board cupboard was broken and when I rang reception they said they would bring and iron up. Twenty minutes later still no sign so I rang again and he told me he forgot. I never got the iron in the end. I'm eight and a half months pregnant and nearly slipped in the bathroom as the floors are extremely slipping.

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

some noise after midnight on 2 evenings out of 3; luckily no longer than 5-6 minutes both times.

Spacious bathroom and enough space for luggage, putting away clothing etc.

a bit out of dublin but that's nothing to do with hotel

Alex checked us in and out and couldn't have been more helpful. he gave us a triple room for the kids and I which was clean and comfortable. Alex made our stay at ashbourne court very enjoyable. very child friendly

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

The noise from the public night club. We were placed right above the smoking area in a tiny room as it was on a staircase also we could hear people going up and down the stairs and slamming the door all night long. The wifi never worked once and the water went in our room an hour before check out time. Very poor standards.

The staff were nice altough there was no manager on site to take a complaint

Stayed the night was taking the Kids to Tayto Park great place to stay food good , will stay again could not fault it in anyway , kids had a ball and only 15 min from the park

The room was very small and had no windows, just a square in the ceiling had to open with a pole?

The location is good if your looking for Meath /Ashbourne area.

• Quadruple Room with Bathroom

We had a family room and although the two single beds were fine the double had a large uncomfortable dip. When we told the staff they said it would be replaced.

Room was spacious and clean. Staff were really friendly and helpful and good with the kids. Really handy for visiting Tayto Park!

One of our rooms was freezing the electricity went out during the night this was fixed the following day and a radiator was put in the room but it went off again later in the day The vending machine dident work We were moved to a different room on the second night we went to resteraunt and finally got the attention of waiter who was taking an order at the table next to us only to be told that the kitchen closed at eight on bank holidays it was five past and he was taking an order We were told we could get plenty resteraunt down the town but it was raining and we had s child and a five week old baby with us

Beds were comfy

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

Room far too hot. Couldn't keep window open because of traffic noise during the day & loud music from the night club at night. Music only stopped at 02.30 when rowdy groups of shouting people emerged from the night club & kept up the commotion for the next 20 minutes or so, we rarely got to sleep before 02.50. The following day it was unpleasant having to pick our way along the pavements through broken glass, blood stained bandages & vomit.

Comfortable beds. Clean & tidy.

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

Rooms and bed were tiny. Basic 4ft 6in bed with room for locker either side. Small dresser and wardrobe at end of bed just room to move in front of these. Also room was freezing when we came back in the evening. But couldn't turn off heater at night which made the tiny room way too hot when trying to sleep. Room was at front of building so couldn't even open window to help with that. Also no bath even though website looks like there are baths. Website pictures do not show true picture of hotel. When i mentioned this reception staff said they only have one or two rooms the size of those on the website. Not sure I believed him as he appeared completely disinterested. Also asked for an iron but was told housekeeping were finished for the day. I was able to collect it from reception though which was okay. Don't know how a family would cope with this space. In general Ashbourne is a nice friendly spot though and the bar and restaurant staff were lovely. Good was good tooh

Location was good. It was clean. Staff were friendly

• Quadruple Room with Bathroom

Noise !!! We could not sleep till 3 am because of music in restaurant. We paid 140 euro per night and didn't get any sleep! Is it to much to ask for 140 euro ??

no telephone in the room, the mains socket was hanging loose no windows lack of heating and somebody left the sky light window totally open when we arrived on a very cold day no soap in the bath room

breakfast was nice also friendly and polite staff. they were helpful in finding us our next destination and how best to get there

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

Had to leave the hotel at 3 in the morning due to drunk people running around the corridor all night knocking on doors, no phone in the room to contact anybody in reception. I have requested a refund but got no reply from the manager who was supposed to contact me the following day.

• Triple Room with Bathroom

Someone else’s blood in bathroom. A mattress that should have been thrown out in the 80s. Drunk people roaring and shouting in corridors throughout the night. Place was dirty! Absolute s**thole! Don’t stay!

I liked when people finally stopped arguing outside my door at 4 in the morning!

Everyone were friendly, my three and six years old had a lot of fun and felt relaxed and enjoyed the comfort of the hotel and friendliness of staff a lot.

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

Staff not very friendly, very nosey at night times with the nightclub, very noisey guests in the room above definitely not suitable for family’s

• Quadruple Room with Bathroom

The wifi was rubbish,it said at point of booking bed and breakfast but breakfast wasnt included,the beds were terrible and we left a night early but were still charged

I liked the secure parking and the Hotel was relatively easy to find

• Triple Room with Bathroom

Parking lot was pretty small. We got the last space. Coffee in the rooms is instant, but not bad.

Very attentive staff. We had issues with our heater and they came up and dealt with it immediately. Super convenient location for getting to the airport and port and excellent pricing.

• Triple Room with Bathroom

The room we stayed in was located at the front of the property so we could hear traffic constantly.

It was central, had private off street parking and was really clean. The room was spacious and the staff were pleasant.

The dial to adjust the room temperature didn’t work so we were forced to keep the windows open all night. Our room was directly above the bar so the music went on until 3 am followed by people shouting on the road for a further hour.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean.

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

I requested a late check out and received an email to confirm and it said I would not be charged for this but the hotel charged me 15 euro. Even though I showed them the email

wasn't sure of parking do parked across the road

Nice staff, large bedroom and bathroom. clean and with plenty of towels/coffee tea. Even a fan which is great to see. comfy beds. Bar food was delicious.

did not find hotel receptionist very friendly on phone. room very small and cold. breakfast was on a make shift table and served in the bar. not at all comfortable. Also limited choice of food at breakfast

the waitress serving breakfast was very friendly .

• Quadruple Room with Bathroom

The WiFi was out and the thermostat was broken so the room was always super hot or really cold and one of the front desk men said he was too busy to help and ignored us.

Our room was very spacious and clean! Alex and one other front desk man (from Transylvania) was super nice and helpful!

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

We enjoyed our nights stay also food was lovely hot & tasty..our bedroom was comfortable ans spotless..we asked to move to the back of the house and we're accomodatio. .

It was really central

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

Had a 2 year old with us and was given a room over the bar which turned into a night club fair to say we didnt get much sleep between the music the shouting and fightin outside

The loaction the food and the staff were lovely

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

Room was quite cool even though the radiator was on. Radiator went off during the day which was noticeable as the weather was bad with snow so didn't venture far. Wifi struggled to reach the end of the building which is where the room was located.

The guy behind the reception was extremely pleasant and helpful, well done on great customer service.

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

How could a room be open to the public that had a door in this condition.

The door to bathroom was 75% stuck which was extremely difficult for my 2 children to open or close it. It was very difficult for me as an adult ! I clearly & specifically informed and filled on your website that I was coming with my 2 children. Then finally when I clicked the booking,it was not clear that I wanted a double bed and 2 single beds for my children. the Hotel receptionist gave the impression that he was doing me a big favour !

Super loud night club, couldn't sleep until the dj finished . We also had to move rooms in the evening as our shower wouldn't heat up !

Good location for Tayto Park and the breakfast was nice and reasonably priced.

• Triple Room with Bathroom

Staff member that checked us in

Staff at check in very rude, no manner, hung up on customer while we waiting , I arrived with my family and was told not to wreck the room I have a 7 and 4 year old!!! As we walked away he said it will be very noisy here tonight just letting u know, that was the only room available after booking this in advance

We paid €150 on booking . Com for a room no smaller than a box room in a house . All of our friends who also traveled a long way to Ashbourne paid €99 for room . Staff were not helpful or did not give us information as to why we paid €60 extra for the same things our friends got ! Will not be staying there again it’s a scam for money ! You do not receive value for money

I did not like that you did not list above my travelling companion. For your information I traveled with my WIFE of 42 years not my "partner". For this reason I refuse to fill in the rest of this survey.

i didnt like the light switches in the room

i liked the lift i really enjoyed waiting on it to come, also liked the view of a smashed up house outside our window and lidl.

Rooms have been refurbished with a new shower, but shower pressure was not good

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Facilities good, nice bar with good food. Breakfast was freshly cooked, best eggs and bacon I've had for a while. Good location, with free secure parking, for me to travel to the airport

• Double or Twin - Special Offer

When we were handed our key, we went up 2 our room and it hadn't been cleaned from the previous night, had 2 go back down 2 reception.. a lot of noise all through the night even after making a compliment there was still nothing done about it.