Reviews of Royal Marine Hotel 4 stars

Marine Road, Dun Laoghaire, Ireland

#4 of 10 hotels in Dun Laoghaire

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Great location and comfortable hotel with good service
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Wider main course choice for dinner Choices available needed to actually be available on the day/ night

Lovely view from the bedroom Pleasant and efficient staff Near to the dart

Would definitely go back
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Cleaner walked in at 10am and again at 11am even though checkout was at 12 and the door was locked.

Room was fantastic with great views and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on! Tea and coffee facilities were fantastic and a fridge with complimentary water! Would definitely go back.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The hotel had fantastic character & we loved the fab...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We went for dinner in Hardys bar when we arrived. The starters were ok just average really. I had to send my main course of mushroom linguini back as it was not nice at all. Very bland & tasted off. Our waitress was fab she offered me the menu to choose again & the fish & chips were fab. My husband said his main course was only ok so unfortunately we decided not to eat in the hotel for the rest of our stay.

The hotel had fantastic character & we loved the fab decor and the amazing views. We loved the history of the place & all the great pictures telling the story. The staff were extremely friendly & helpful & it is in a great location. The pool & facilities were great.

Was clean and well kept
    • Executive King Room

The staff weren't very helpful and friendly and despite calling three weeks in advance to alert them of my dietary needs they assured me they would make something for me and when I arrived they had not had this in place

Was clean and well kept

• Classic Double or Twin Room

It was the worst hotel I was ever in not very friendly uncomfortable and a window over looking a lot of rubbish the food was the worst me and my girlfriend were sick after eating the brefast I was sick 3 times and sick all day the food was burnt I won't be going to that hotel ever again

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Rude.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Rude staff, no residents bar, bartender was about 18 and didn’t know how to make drinks and kicked people out the bar before 1am. Rude rude and more rude from every member of staff I met, easily know there was no manager around.

Great room clean hotel

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

wonderful !
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

the cleaner was knocking on the doors in the corridor at 8:15 am, so woke me up and then when my door was knocked, I could go back to sleep ..shame as I had no children and the first time in 7 yrs I could have a lie in!

staff are always friendly and attentive without being over zealous. I had one of the best massages I have ever had from Maria in the spa- a true professional who left me feeling like a new person!

Very convenient to the DART station and the airport shuttle...
    • Executive King Room

On the pricy side. Breakfast seemed expensive, highly recommend walking to Gourmet Food Parlor for a terrific breakfast.

Very convenient to the DART station and the airport shuttle picks up at the door. Nice to walk along the water and through town. Big rooms and bathrooms. Free parking in the parking garage. Outstanding staff.

Bed very comfy hotel very clean excellent facilities free...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Room at back facing a wall it was raining so the rain hitting off the steel balcony was very noisy breakfast v expensive

Bed very comfy hotel very clean excellent facilities free parking for guests

Nice rooms in a historic hotel and in a good area just south of Dublin.

The very old equipment in the bathroom. Although nice and historic for some people, equipment from 1922 should perhaps be replaced some times or at least partially fixed. Further, a curtain in a bathtub is, considering this hotel, not really a "thumbs up"...

Very large room. Great to stay there for a couple of nights. Good food in the restaurant.

All in all, the terrific friendly and helpful staff more than made up for the lack of view.
    • Executive King Room

The room was very dark indeed and looked out across a flat roof with somebody’s trainers thrown on them. I thought the room was quite expensive for such a grim and depressing view.

Bed was lovely and comfy and the room quiet, the sausages at breakfast were delicious, a very varied selection of food was on offer for breakfast too.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Royal Marine Hotel
    • Executive King Room

Waiter who served drinks after midnight needs to smile and appear happy in his work. Not rude but looked as though he’d rather be somewhere else!

A grand old building. Rooms and all areas very clean. Most staff friendly and helpful.

It was ok.
    • Executive King Room

The room above me was very noisy. I informed the front desk that it sounded as if people were dragging furniture across the floor. I asked if there was carpeting up in that room because it sounded like solid flooring. Fron desk person dismissed my complaint. I felt disregarded.

Location was fantastic

Staff and housekeeping department need to improve.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Ordered extra sheet. Never got it. Glasses were not cleaned/ changed in room. No bath mat. Had to ask for shampoo and soap as was not re-filled next day. Stayed for 2 nights. No water either on 2nd night. Front desk said they were handling it. Did not. Breakfast service slow/ disorganized. Have to ask for coffee, toast, teaspoons many times! Disappointing as it is not the first time I stay there. Living in Cork, I travel to Dubln quite a bit.

The staff ther are great they always smile and help me,...
    • Executive King Room

The room is good but it’s old now not like before

The staff ther are great they always smile and help me, Especially Henry in reception he is a good man ,

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Worth going back to but I might put some basic gluten free food in the fridge just in case.
    • Executive King Room

Gluten free options were very limited, so I can only assume the same might be true for diabetics etc.

Location, Personnel, Secure Parking, Access to Public Travel and Local amenities.

10/10

absolutely beautiful hotel in a superb location, had a junior suite and got a late check out. very clean hotel with gorgeous spa facilities. couldn't fault the place!

the location of the hotel won't be beaten if staying in dunlaoighre, good bar and restaurant. beautiful pool and spa. and free parking in secure car park.

Good location but needs to be better organised.
    • Executive King Room

THe restaurant was closed the first night, we were given misleading information about the car park ticket and requests for wake up calls and newspapers were forgotten. Steep steps at front to drag luggage over and heavy doors.

Close to a god bus route

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Returned guest. Terrible experience
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

They put me in a disabled room. I have nothing against disabled people. It is just the room is fitted for people with disability. The mirrors were fitted low. The bathroom is designed for those with disability. I have contacted the reception, and they said they have no rooms - that's the only thing they have. If I don't like it, then there is nothing they can do about it.. I did not enjoy my stay. I wish if I can give this hotel 0 starts this time. I am very disappointed.

Nothing this time.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

It was Central to everything.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

It was Central to everything. The hotel was lovely and the staff were friendly. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I was given a complimentary upgrade to the 7th floor with a sea view.

Staff were fabulous and beid were comfortable
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Had to purchase shower caps and flip flops. It does state this on the website I realised but realistically I'm not researching every pool I go to for entry requirements. I feel like residents should have been given these things for the price. Also the shampoo and shower gel was horrible- I small thing but seeing as I was relying on it and it barely washed out properly it was really inconvenient.

Staff were fabulous and beid were comfortable

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Ok
    • Executive King Room

€4.50 for a coffee with extra shot.we had a room with a balcony overlooking Dun Laoghaire pier,a sea view very nice,except for the dirty glass doors😡 the balcony itself was absolutely disgusting covered in bird poo and previous guests chewing gum stuck to the hand rail a big let down. We didn’t complain at the time but did when checking out he said he would let house keeping know and thanked us for our comments 😀😀😀😀 We payed €40 extra for a sea view we felt we should have received some discount.

Nice hotel good location very expensive coffee

Had a great time loved the place.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Make it clear when restaurant is open and when you can get light lunches etc.

The staff at reception were excellent - friendly and helpful, as were the restaurant staff. The Dart being close give easy access to Dublin - but Dun Laoghaire is very beautiful and the pier lovely to walk alone in the evening.

Very nice stay for one night.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The balcony did not look safe so I did not attempt to go out there. If the owners would take a bit more time to update the floors in the room and decorate with a keen eye for historical features it would be a fabulous result and go in line with the first impression as you walk in the main entrance of this very grand hotel.

The ambiance of this grand hotel has been cared for on the first couple of floors and the hotel grounds. It is a very lovely place "like going back in time". I especially enjoyed the walk along the pier and watching the sailing school with the tiny boats going back and forth. The museum close by was not open to the public when I stopped by.

Great location and facilities

There could have been a little more selection for the full Irish Breakfast. No potato bread, soda bread or beans.

I was attending an event in Dun Laoghaire so the location was perfect. Car parking in the middle of a busy town at the weekend is a big bonus and the spa facilities are excellent. My wife and two year old joined me on the second night and the staff were very accommodating. They put a travel cot in the room and and allowed us a late checkout.

A very enjoyable and relaxing stay and will definitely return again! Staff were so nice.
    • Executive King Room

I would have liked more choice at breakfast for example, poached eggs and fried eggs. Think it was just scrambled eggs and perhaps I felt the breakfast could have been better. Otherwise all very, very good.

I loved the Health Centre, lovely clean pool and great Spa resources. The room was lovely and spacious and a lovely sea view was very satisfied with my stay. Thanks.

We have stayed in thd hote
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Decor rather jaded. Cleaning staff attempting to clean room at 8.25am on the day we were leaving ( booking out timr at 12.00h.

Friendly staff, convenient parking, location.

One night stay
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I forgot to choose the breakfast option when booking and after paying €15pp I didn't feel it was good enough to charge so much.

The location and facilities were amazing!!

Perfect
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Everything but most of all the space and coolness. Staff were fantastic. Highly recommended. We were blessed with the weather but even without that thee is so much to see and do. Will definitely go back.

Great sea views

Poor TV selection, hardly any radio channels Door cards kept failing, had to renew 4 times over two days, and it was rm604 so a Trek to reception each time.

Great sea view

Lovely hotel with very helpful friendly staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I had to move from first room as there was an issue with the air conditioning.

Friendly and very helpful staff, lovely rooms, comfy bed and great location.

Beatyard Friday.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

A little on the pricey side, would've loved to have stayed up for all of beatyard.

Excellent location, we were offered a free room upgrade with the best view from a guy called Luka...?? Very welcoming, lovely facilities, breakfast was great, and we got to drink with some of the bands...overall v positive first stay, only thing I would say hotel should maybe look at a deal for people attending beatyard for the whole weekend.

Weekend in Dún Laoghaire
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Only a suggestion : if the instructions and leaflets could be in various languages, that'd be great. I'd love my parents to stay in this hotel but don't know how they ll manage to use the pool as all instructions are in English only (opening hours, cost of cap and flip-flops, changing rooms etc...)

Free upgrade to Seaview (only paid 135 eur for room), staff very professional, room spacious, confortable, quiet. Huge bed, shower and bath. Very clean everywhere. Haven't tried breakfast so can't comment. Complementary parking. Very nice pool and a great location for me as I was going to the beatyard festival. And the architecture of the building is amazing

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Cozy stay with fantastic views.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast wasn’t included in our rate, but we decided to try it. It was nice, but both restaurants need more staff to cater for the number of guests.

Fantastic views from Sea View rooms. Cozy rooms with lovely tea & coffee making facilities. Interesting facts about Queen Victoria, Laurel & Hardy, and other celebrity guests. Excellent interconnecting rooms.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Generally the stay was excellent, and i would definitely go again
    • Executive King Room

The balcony door cill was filled with butts the basement toilets smelt terrible - when not in the room we used the disabled toilet

The Brisket in the Hardy Bar was superb. the bed was enormous i slept very well

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

One night in Dun Laoghaire
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The buffet breakfast was awful.And at €30 for 2 people we could have got a much tastier and much better value for money elsewhere in Dun Laoghaire.

The hotel itself is beautiful and the decor is fantastic.The room was quite comfy and spacious.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I must say that the Dun restaurant was disappointing for the price. The menu was very lazy: 2 meats dishes, a fish, and a vegetarian risotto for mains that were very unexciting, very cheap at cost price, and quick to make. For the starter I had beef croquets, which arrived as just two (very disappointing since so small), yet my partner got a massive bowl of soup that was too big for her (it was as though it were a main). So portion sizes need adjusting, the menu needs to be better, and honestly, the price needs to be brought down. The house wine, however, was good and at a decent price. It should be said that the desserts were excellent, and there was a nice variety of choice amongst them. The quality of them was also very high. Next time I would leave the hotel for dinner, or else have it in the Hotel's pub, which looked superior for the price one paid in the restaurant.

The room was beautiful. The furnishings throughout the hotel were gorgeous. The pool was spectacular. Everything was so clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was the best I ever had at a hotel. I thoroughly recommend this hotel for a stay. My stay was to visit the hotel for itself: I surprised my girlfriend at the airport (we both live in Dublin), and brought her to the hotel for the day so we could have a mini-break together. We didn't leave the hotel for the entire time, and thoroughly enjoyed its facilities.

The room was big and the bed was comfortable and the...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

When we arrived our room had two half drank bottles of water in the fridge. The staff couldn't supply a bottle opener so tried opening a room service beer with their key and then a pen knife.

The room was big and the bed was comfortable and the location was great

Great!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was nice and spacious and it had a sea and harbour view. The location was excellent, walking distance to the harbour and also to the Main street. The parking was complimentary, which is great.

The room had nice decor.

For the money that we spent, we were not too impressed with the lack of amenities in the room. Hairdryer was terrible. Sheets were stained. Mini fridge was empty though we were told upon booking that it would be full. Shampoo for the shower was very cheap. No toothpaste. Room wasn’t thoroughly cleaned, there was biscuits under the couch from previous guests. No ironing facilities though we were told there would be. Overall not a great outcome.

The room had nice decor. Hotel staff were very polite and accommodating

nice hotel but bad experience arriving & leaving
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We notified the hotel through booking.com that we would arrived between 2-3pm, when we arrived our room wasn't ready and they said it would be ready in 10 mins, it took 2 hrs & the front desk kept telling us just another 10 mins until finally they gave us tea! The morning of our checkout the staff knocked loudly on our door twice about 10am

No breakfast cost £418 euro for two nights never again spoke to manager on the way out and he said
    • Executive King Room

Furniture scuffed and window cracked plugs sockets coming out of wall. Very disappointed as I stayed here before years ago so my family came this time with there children their rooms had all these faults mine was alright

Don't go to this hotel it's not 4 star

Nice enough hotel but not as great as it thinks it is!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is over priced. We paid 134euro not including breakfast. The breakfast was ok, hard to find a clean table and we were almost finished by the time we got our tea. The bar staff didn't come near the lounge area that often. Overall a bit disappointing.

The bed was huge and very comfortable, no fault there. The lounge are (not the bar) is comfortable and relaxing though the bar staff don't come by often enough. We had to go to the bar ourselves. We requested a quiet room and it was until we opened the windows at night and there was some sort of generator outside.

We both enjoyed our stay and hope to return again sometime. The fine weather helped to make the visi

No complaints from us.

Very clean overall. Nice room brilliant views very quiet at night. comfortable bed. Gym and pool good. Staff helpful. Beside Dart station.

The beds were very comfy.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

There was a lack of information about what you could order at breakfast. eg there was bread available on the buffet, but no toaster. I love porridge, and I found out it was available in the lounge bar, but there was no info in the breakfast room to say you could ask for some.

The beds were very comfy. and everyone was very clean. It was good to have a mini fridge in this hot weather to keep the water cold. The breakfast was good quality. The location was good, just a short walk to the water front., and the free car parking was appreciated.

Very pleasant but nice place let down seriously by quality of breakfast.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast wasn't great at all. Eggs seem to have been made from powder? They were inedible as were the mushrooms. Couldn't pre book breakfast on your site either.

Very pretty place, bed very comfortable.

Clean environment, freindly staff
    • Executive King Room

Pedal bin wasnt functional and the switch for the big light was not working had to use the main switch .Would have prefferred a room with sea view only to get an email the following day after l checked out that l could pay an extra €20 to upgrade

Clean environment, freindly staff

I like the pool and I love our sea view and the breakfast is...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Had salmon for evening meal in Hardy's bar was far too salty and inedible so they brought me Caesar salad instead and it too was bland and tasteless and mostly lettuce no flavour or at and couldn't eat it . my friend had the chicken balls they too were over seasoned but she ate most of it because she was hungry .Never had Inedible food in Royal Marine before and we go 2 or 3 times a year very disappointed

I like the pool and I love our sea view and the breakfast is lovely

Lovely location and great staff

I was in an old Victorian suite, beginning to show a few cracks and creaks of age. But very minor points

I stayed with my 15 month old son, staff couldn't have been nicer heating food for him and helping me out with all my luggage. Location amazing, so central

Great location for DART train into Dublin City centre.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Great location for DART train into Dublin City centre. But also nice location to visit the pier and walk up and down the coast. Hotel facilities very good, clean, comfortable rooms.

Beautiful hotel in an excellent location

Pool times for under 16’s restricted from 2:30-5:30pm

Dun Laoghaire is exceptional. Perfect trip away with our 6 month old. Clean hotel with friendly staff. Parking included in rate.

Just ok...nothing to write home about.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

On arrival to hotels underground carpark we were met by two heroin addicts lying on the stairwell...not what you want to see!! We found the staff were quite impersonal and not particularly friendly. Our room was not ready when we arrived at 3pm, so we stored our luggage with consierge and returned an hour later. I checked in as my partner went to collect luggage from consierge; he just loaded her up with bags without any offer to assist or help. TV signal in room was very poor. Note to cafe staff...cappucino is meant to be served tepid...not boiling hot.

Nice decor, rooms were clean and comfy.

Heaven
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff were excellent. Upgraded to a suite with a view of the Bay and Pier. Walk on the pier. Dart to event. Swim in Seapoint. Lunch with friends. Superb.

All young staff at front lounge xcellent.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff in bar didn't seem happy to be there. Service was prompt but a bit waiter not pleasant.

All young staff at front lounge xcellent. Pleasant and efficient. Hotel very clean in all areas

Great hotel but not food poor area for mobile signal only 3G
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Good location great staff building with old world charm but Moden bedroom interiors great beds, bathroom with both shower cubicle and bath. Dun Laoghaire great place and people friendly and helpful great cafes shops etc

All great but we booked in advance for gcouon meal four courses in the Dun restaurant however on arrival and checked in we confirm booking of the meal (19:30) only then was told it’s to be served in the bar, which was very busy and Noisy, which we were unhappy with, and the food for a four star hotel was poor. I would book hotel happy again but not eat there. We also booked the high tea, very poor also, one round cut into four sandwiches, two bits of samon on whole meal bread, two cheap buns, two small cream filled shoe rolls and two one inch cheese cake. Poor for a four star hotel. Where was the patisserie chef ! WiFi not available in our room which is again poor in to days four stars hotel. The area of Dun Laoghaire has still only 3G mobile signal way behind the times are 4G is the standard normal not good for business users at all.

Excellent hotel and lovely location.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Rooms very spacious and clean. Bathroom had a rain shower and bath which is a good option in my opinion. Staff very helpful and friendly. Prices for breakfast and evening dinner very reasonable. Drink prices again reasonable. Location excellent for everything. Will deffo be back again.

Position and history.
    • Executive King Room

The hotel is large with a very grand entry and foyer. Our room was adequate and with a rear view. A bit tired but fine. Location fantastic. So close to the pier. Car parking was a great asset too. Loved the history of the hotel with all the famous people that have stayed there - Queen Victoria, Frank Sinatra, Laurel & Hardy amongst others.

It was nice due to location.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Building and and apartment tired and needs updating. Lacks attention to details. Broken catches on windows, no bath plug, side panel on dishwasher hanging off.... the list can go on.

Nice and comfortable.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room location at the side of the hotel is not a good place if you are a light sleeper lots of noise then from very early morning building works. So not such a great sleep.

The hotel was lovely the staff were lovely .

Really enjoyed the stay 😁
    • Executive King Room

Price of food and maybe the selection could have been better.

The bed was really comfortable. Food in hotel was excellent but a little expensive for the amount we received but overall would definitely recommend this hotel and will return again. 👍

Very accommodating, and staff helpful
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Having to pay €3 each for a swimming hat Never had to do this at any hotel I’ve ever stayed in . Not stated when booking this hotel .

Very accommodating, and staff helpful

I can say it in one word: Disappointing!!

I reserved a Junior Suite but this was far from a Suite. The room was outdated, with one window, looking out onto vents and pipes, with no light. It had nothing else the way Suites would have, that extra touch doesn't wasn't there. I will say though Housekeeping kept it impeccably clean, so well done to them for trying to make it comfortable but I am afraid it was a losing battle. I paid €209 for one night, it didn't include breakfast. I have stayed in many hotels across Europe, from Powerscourt Hotel in Wicklow where I had more than a Suite for less than the €209 (including breakfast) to the Beau Rivage in Lausanne in Switzerland, where I had a double room which was way superior to the so called Junior Suite in the Royal Marine for the same money (including breakfast). There is something truly amiss here!! Luckily I wasn't subjected to too much, as the wedding I was attending was in Haddington House, which was A1. I had a wonderful time somewhere else!

The location to the Pier at Dun Laoghaire.

I would definitely come back again.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We had a gorgeous view of the port and bay from our room. I absolutely loved the pool, I found it very tranquil. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

The food and service cannot be beat.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Needed an ice machine somewhere in the hotel. Staff had to run to the basement. Ice machines in some stairwells not turned on.

The food and service cannot be beat. It was difficult to tip at many opportunities. I felt bad. But did not have a pocketfull of euros, otherwise I would have tipped many times! So helpful and friendly.

The location was beautiful.
    • Executive King Room

The wait staff was a little stand-offish. Kind of made us feel stupid at time while ordering. The language barrier didn't help either. They were NOT Irish.

The location was beautiful. Convenient to the train. It was a bit far out from Dublin. 30-40 Euro each way.

Beautiful hotel wish there our problem was solved unfortunately not, scenery and location is beaut
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like that we had no electricity on the right side of the room which lead me to believe my charger was broke so I went and paid for a new phone charge to relise it wasn’t my charge it was the plugs sockets in the room we called for assistance and then maybe 40 or more minutes later a man returned at almost midnight and gave us the option to change room in shock because it was late and then we were sleeping in bed the next morning me and my partner I heard knocking at the door this is almost 10 in the morning check out is at 12 and they came in to our room and left when they found us there .

The scenery was beautiful and hotel it’s self first impression was beautiful also

Outstanding location. Substandard hotel with prices to reflect the location but not the hotel!!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Reception staff(lady) at check in was very curt and neither any bit welcoming or friendly. Not forthcoming with any information regarding when our room might be ready (we had requested early check in the week before as my daughter was going to a concert). I had to ask if we should return in an hour as usually any hotel will ring me if I arrive earlier than check in time to inform me of when my room is ready but she treated me like an annoyance. TV was not working and I had to contact the reception 3 times over the space of an hour to get someone to come up to sort it out. Extremely noisy room with no view and all the deliveries, leaf blowers, staff etc etc seemed perched outside our window from 5am on Monday morning!!. For 150 euro room only with no breakfast and very tired looking decor combined with non friendly staff that I experienced, I will not be returning. I booked 2 rooms at 300 euro almost and the meal that my daughter and I had in the bar, while very tasty and enjoyable, was plagued by flies and midgets. It was a very hot day which is understandable but it obviously affected our enjoyment when flies were dropping on our food and drinks sitting inside the bar!!. On checking out the gentleman at reception said absolutely nothing and just took my payment but never once asked how my stay was. I guess he really didn’t care!

Bed was very comfortable. Lovely location and central to all amenities.

Lovely saty but the bar might need a good clean,
    • Executive King Room

Breakfast. When we arrived for breakfast we were told it was full but the bar had also been setup for hosting breakfast. Unfortunately, the hot food here had been sitting for a long while and was dry and hard. Definitely not fresh. I address this with the receptionist on check-out and the price of one of our breakfasts was removed form the bill, so fair enough. We had eaten in the bar the previous evening and I have to say, there is possibly a problem in the bar area with midges/flies. The meal itself was lovely, but we constantly had some kind of midges/fruit flies landing on our food. The same thing happened at breakfast. So it was kinda off-putting. I mentioned this to reception on checking out and they said they'd look into it. Overall it was a really pleasant stay though, in a really lovely hotel.

The room was amazing. It was the executive suite with an amazing view of the harbour. Spotlessly clean and the bed was really comfy.

Friendly, welcoming hotel, very relaxing stay and was very close to all amenities
    • Executive King Room

Not having a view, but not a negative to the hotel or our stay...we know what to ask for the next time we are back!

What a beautiful hotel...Staff very welcoming, friendly in the whole hotel, bar and at breakfast the staff were very helpful,nothing was a problem. Our room was very clean, great shower and though we didn't have a sea view room, which next time I will request, our stay was excellent. We did pay a little more, but that was due to a concert in Dublin that weekend. The local dart station was nearby which was very convenient. Also a walk on the pier straight after the breakfast is highly recommended.

Very comfortable and spacious.
    • Executive King Room

Our room was at the rear, and our sleep in was cut short by the trash bins being emptied, and deliveries arriving.

Very comfortable and spacious. Staff were all friendly and helpful, and we thought the spa to be really lovely.

Old World Style with Modern Conveniences

No complaints

Everything. Good bar with good food. Good staff. Clean and comfortable room with a lovely view. Dart station to the city close by. Easy access to the National Football Stadium at Lansdowne Road. Aircoach also available from the hotel all the way to Dublin Airport. Considering the calibre of the hotel, €219 for a twin room with a stunning view on an International football night was a great deal for Dublin.

Enjoyed it
    • Executive King Room

The extension although nice inside it should be made more like the original building as the original is a wonderful architectural landmark with a plan extension (my opinion)!

I found this hotel very good Everyone from the receptionist to the waiting staff very friendly Excellent location I recommend you go and check it out for yourself Looking forward to returning later this year

Extremely friendly staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Didn’t fix tv when asked twice. Left very little toilet paper. Didn’t replenish when cleaning room.

Extremely friendly staff. Great location. Beautiful property. Combines old world charm with the modern. An enjoyable stay overall. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Initial impression disappointing but overall improved.
    • Executive King Room

Plastic chairs torn seating in breakfast room snagged stockings! Very musty smell on stairs down to spa - so did not book any treatments.

Bed very comfortable, breakfast average, lounge very low old chairs and general seating rather tatty. Staff a delight.

As didn't use all facilities unable to comment further but was adequate for the purpose of our stay.

Didn't realise that amount shown on booking slip was only available if paid in advance so cost more than expected. Don't have plugs for the beday, meant couldn't be used properly. toilet made a noise.

Hotel had lovely views over the sea and the room was comfortable. Room staff friendly and accommodating. Handy to have handles in bath to enable getting in and out safely so could use shower.