Reviews of Rusheen Bay House 4 stars

8 Cashelmara, Salthill, Galway, Ireland

#25 of 87 B&Bs and Inns in Galway

The rooms were very comfortable, the location lovely, the staff , very helpful and the food served for breakfast ,divine. I would stY there again in a heartbeat. Thank you!

We needed much more explicit directions for the house itself--both from Galway to Salt Hill and to the actual house along the bay road. It isn't marked until you turn into the community and even then was hard to find. We were asked if we wanted Irish breakfast and I wanted to have the option. I shouldn't have done that. There was a wonderful continental breakfast and we didn't understand that the money had already been taken out of our account, so we lost 40 euros. I wish we'd simply been told we'd paid for it so we didn't waste the money.

Slept wonderfully, beautifully sun room where we ate breakfast the first night. Meta wonderful couple from Australia and had long conversations each morning. Walk on the promenade into town...ask your host how to get to it so you don't have to walk along the highway (it's very close). Ate at great new restaurant in town and swam in Galway Bay. Stop by G.B. in the twilight to see teens jumping off the three level tower into the sea. We loved our time there.

Rusheen House, great. we had front of house view which looks onto the bay. West facing so you can see the sun set. Staff aee lovely. House is clean & plenty of amenities including board games in the lounge. We went to a restaurant named The Galleon. I had the fish platter & it was outstanding. Would highly recommend it, best fish dish ever. Parking in this area is free. Amazing.

We were on the first floor and parking was right outside our window. So the headlights from other guests cars would shine in our window. During our stay, a couple got into a heated argument right outside our window. After the discussion died down, the man stayed in a chair right outside our window, which didn't give us any privacy at all. We felt like we were living right on the street.

There is a grocery store in walking distance, so easy access to a quick meal or snack.

Bought as a present for my dad and his partner. They loved every bit of this trip. When I said it was a present, I was offered a room with a view which was a lovely extra touch

We wanted to stay another night but they had no vacancies

The location is perfect n the property is clean n welcoming to a weiry travelllor. I enjoyed my stay at Rusheen Bay

Some confusion over whether I had paid for breakfast or not and I had.

B&B has good parking, comfortable room, sitting area outside and lounge, good breakfast. Nice view over Rusheen Bay.

Fantastic view from our room. It was very clean and I appreciated the little touches in the room, like the way our towels were folded. Very comfy. Really enjoyed our staff, even though it was just for one night. Could have stayed longer!

Rusheen Bay House was very comfortable with wonderful hosts. They provide a great breakfast and the amenities are good. It is a short 5 minute walk to a Supermarket, restaurant and pharmacy. I can highly recommend this establishment.

had to leave after 2 nights. Had to go back to work

All of it. Starting from bed-was really very comfy!! Room is pretty large! Shower water pressure very good. Breakfasts very tasty and made perfectly and fast! We have been surprised as place was fully booked! Cleanliness just brilliant! Location very good and quiet. Perfect Wi-Fi. Very important nowadays. Incredible value for your wallet!! Just really 10 mins of slow walk to get famous promenade starting from Blackrock Beach. Magnificent place and area! We felt as like at home! Really ! We`ve seen many places and B@B s but this one is worth to stay in We will definitely return! Anne is very helpful and busy! Anne. Thanks a million!

Everything was perfect, except the lack of heat at night. The heating was on in the morning, so it was comfortable.

Not enough bed clothes, because there was no heating on in the room, so it took a long time to get to sleep.

Treated as a $$ number, exactly after of fact same introduction scripted to everyone who arrived, not a warm welcome for a guesthouse. no maps were given out at property, even though partner spotted them later under a shelf. No directions were given as to what numbered bus we had to initially catch to property. Got on wrong bus, due to other people’s advice, alighted the bus after bus driver rang proprietor regarding where was the property, she didn’t bother picking us up in car, said she only had a one seat van, but could’ve still picked up our luggage from us in the rain and wind, only 5 mins drive from property, but we struggled for 15 mins in the unpleasant weather, we’re soaked through on arrival. Breakfast was ok, but check use by dates on jars! Room was cramped, old furniture questionable on room cleanliness as one day I spilt some crumbs, tried to clean it up myself, after housekeeping, if that’s what you would call it, basin was still dirty. Teaspoon was still sticky from using the day before, had to wash it myself. No shelving to put toothpaste etc on, had to be on basin, yuck! we had initially put a do not disturb sign at 10:00 am, but took it off when we left 15 mins later. On returning at 6:00 pm, room was not made up. Had to ask for this to be done, however never heard vacuum ever, room was ready 5 mins later! Clean? Not invited to use the lounge room area to sit and watch tv. Had to ask for refill of tissue box and hand lotion, straight after room was made up. Curtains not block out, so lights and sun came in early. Obviously Dane complaint as that if a year ago by another couple, so obviously proprietor doesn’t heed these reviews. No Privacy from houses windows about 8 in all, overlooking into our bedroom windows all double storey. Noises galore from abutting rooms, slamming doors by family and kids running around at 10.00 at night, proprietor should have spoken to family.

Not much

The room was too cluttered. The double bed was against the wall and I had a bad sleep. There was another bed in the room which should not have been in this room. Colour scheme was out dated.

Location was great

No bin In room. No room service. No towels changed. Had to wait a lot every morning for breakfast. Same bowl of fruit consecutive morning, no fresh fruit.

Generally run down and dowdy. Room too hot, noisy, a lingering smell like stale smoke, there was a balcony outside which I discovered was the smoking area 😡, had to keep my curtains and window closed in the morning, hairs in the shower, no local information for food and nobody obviously about to ask. Found a leaflet in the morning at the back of the breakfast room which was helpful but that was all.

Ann was the most hospitable host that could be, the rooms were incredible very spacious fully equipped with everything we needed including a sound system!

• Family Suite

There was nothing i didn't like.

I really enjoyed my stay and i will most definitely return the lady that owend the B&B was so nice she gave us our breakfast for free because my daughter was after making her confirmation on the day that we arrived it was a lovely gesture.

Shower was old and needed to be replaced as had difficulty turning on and had to get help from owner

Overall the guest house was lovely and in an ideal location for me to visit my friends

I would have liked to have been able to open the bathroom window a little to allow air flow in the night rather than opening the bedroom window right beside the bed

The bed was really comfortable!

Shower a wee bit weak for my liking, could have pumped out more water? Otherwise excellent and absolutely no complaints.

Loved the location, although a little way out from Galway city, easy bus ride out to nearby shopping centre (#402 from Eyre Square, cost about 2.30 Euro one way, leaves on the hour + half hour). Welcomed at the door by Anne, basically welcomed into her home. Room had incredible view (I work with coasts for a job!!), had everything I needed in a single room. Was warm and cosy. Bathroom compact, but mostly worked. Had cooked breakfast the first morning, lovely deal from Anne. Check out and payment a breeze as well as her and her son's (?) knowledge of the local area and tours to do.

• Family Room with Sea View

We did order a large family room sleeping four but were given 2rooms 3 beds and a 1 beds. It was not a major problem but split our group . A taxi ride away from the town and prices varied with the different taxis !

Lovely views of the bay to wake up too From the front of the hotel

Our room was very small for 2 people with 2 large cases (necessary when travelling from Australia).

Staff were very friendly, lounge, dining facilities were good. Choice of light and full breakfasts.

We were disappointed with the breakfast and heater was not turned on during our second night of stay here in December.

Beds were comfy. Room was clean and location is great. Good restaurants nearby.

The B&B is in a gorgeous area. The woman in charge, Anne, is very sweet, friendly, and helpful. The B&B is beautiful, welcoming, homey, and clean. The rooms were, clean, spacious, and comfortable. They each had their own bathrooms. The breakfast was delicious. There is free private parking out front of the B&B.

When we arrived, we were asked to go to another B&B (Atlantic Lodge) which in itself was not a problem, but the sound proofing of the B&B is dreadful, I could hear every word of the couple below us - and they were very chatty and argumentative. In the evening the radiators went off and my daughter got cold, and then there were no warm water in the shower the morning.

It has a good location. close to the action, close to the sea, although in low tide it looks less appealing than during high tide. Close to the village where there are good restaurants. Found good food and friendly people at the restaurant.

The bed was tiny, way too small for two. It was also way too firm for our taste. The heating was set very high and it was not possible to adjust it or open a window.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room small but nicely furnished. Breakfast was good and plentiful.

Had a late check in and was met by a very Grumpy Landlord (owner) who reminded me that check in was 8pm even though he knew I requested check in at 9pm till 9.30pm as had 3hour road trip after work to get there.He never contacted me by phone to say 9pm didnt suit me.Showed me to my room very abruptly .Too much noise from neighbours and traffic on busy road even though I had requested quite room.

The land lady was very accommodating. We arrived late on check in and she had made all the relevant arrangements for us to be able to get into the property late.

Can be noisy when it's windy. A bit out of the way. Very small bathroom. No blackout curtain in my room.

Very welcoming hostess, decent breakfast

Nothing was all top notch.

Fabulous in every respect. location is wonderful looking out over Galway bay. Rooms and sitting area were luxurious and the owner Ann gave us a real Irish welcome.

cats inside the house is a no no!!. i like cats. not for indoors and certainly not when you have guests staying. The B and B was out in Knocknacarra was is a nice walk past!! salthill. No brown toast. Cant really understand this.its only amatter having a brown slice pan in the freezer.

very nice people and no question was an problem. They were very accomodating.

There wasn't much room for our big suitcase in the room, it wasn't a big issue though.

Ann was super nice and gave us some nice recommendations as for what to do in the area. The room was cosy, beautiful, and had a beach view. Breakfast was very rich and not expensive, we had quite a good selection for what to eat.

what a gem! beautiful views, very clean and very comfortable. felt so welcome from the minute I arrived. It is a bit out of town, but there are plenty of busses and its a short drive. would definitely come back again.

Unfortunately my 73 year old sister ended up on the second floor in what surely must be the smallest room with the tiniest bathroom sink in all of Ireland. More unfortunately, the tiny quarters come at the same price as the bigger rooms. Somewhat disappointing and definitely sours one on the idea of future B&B rentals.

Breakfast was fast, hot, and good!

It was a little sparse. The breakfast was good. Ann did help us with letting us use her phone to call Ashford castle, which was extremely nice of her.

Room was small, bathroom very,very small and had no stopper in the sink. cars parked directly outside the bedroom window obscuring the view and no privacy.

breakfast

A modern purpose built super comfortable guesthouse in the traditional style for the area, Romantic, with beautiful views out over the bay. You have interesting walks right from the front door. Great breakfast.

... nothing. Nothing could've been better. Everything was great!

The bed was comfy and the place was bright and cheerful. It's about an hours walk to the city square, or 30min by but, or 12min by taxi. The staff is very kind and friendly and helpful. Fabulous experience and would definitely go back!

Though my flight was delayed, the landlord was waiting gor me much later than initially planned. The bedroom was very nice, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was perfect

• Family Room with Sea View

No personality or friendliness at all. Being strictly run for the money...zero atmosphere. For first time ever for me, they charge extra (a lot!!) for hot breakfast. Continental breakfast very poor and dining area way to small for number of guests

location ok but nothing else!

The tv remote was missing. But that was the only thing we didn't like.

The staff was most helpful. The beds were comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Triple Room with Sea View

We booked a room with a big double bath for our stay on our honeymoon road trip. The room was tastefully decorated with great facilities and the owner was lovely. Nothing was too much trouble.

I had a room facing the ocean, not a full view but still awesome. There is Joyce's grocery store only 2 blocks and sells wine, liquor etc Has good food. Only couple of minutes walk and you are at the promenade (boardwalk which takes you to Eyre Square). It is a long walk. I took a taxi from bus station and fare was only 10€ . People very friendly and relaxed, no rushing just enjoying the day.

Beautifully situated on Gallway Bay. Close distance to catch the bus to the city and back. Lovely area. Rooms were well equiped and clean. Breakfast was very nice and our host Patrick was extremely nice.

There is nothing to mention.

We were fully satisfied. The house, the rooms and the staff are outstanding. Especially we would like to mention Patric and the art of the Irish breakfast. We look forward to another stay, hopefully not in the very distant future.

Add a "Guide" section to the tv remote

Would recommend this family's hotels to anyone wanting a quiet, safe, clean, wholesome Galway Bay experience. Don't be afraid to use local buses to get you different places; they are good and helpful also.

• Family Room with Sea View

Property advertised as 4 star. Clearly it is not. Booked a lot of Hotels and other accommodation from booking.com in Ireland very disappointed. Suggest booking. Com investigate the rating as it will bring down their reputation. Booking not clear as expecting breakfast included. The accommodation over priced. First thing owner greeted us with was the fact breakfast not included. We could have purchased breakfast for the four of us for two nights at 64 euros on top of the bill. Room tired and run down. Pictures on the website are not a good representation, please see my review photographs of the facts. Booking not to be recommended. Walls of room thin and you can hear other people in the rooms. No hangers in the wardrobe. Cups and glasses washed in sink as they were still wet on the tray when we returned to our room. Old tired furniture with mold growing in window sills. Rusty radiator, wonky toilet seat. Wardrobe burned due to steam from kettle. Not a lot of room in the room considering it was meant to be a family room. Landlady obviously a smoker as sheets and towels smelt of smoke. Spoilt our holiday a bit and took the shine off our tour of Ireland. Would love booking.com to take action regarding this property in the form of a re grading, a refund if possible.

The welcome from Anne and her staff was excellent. Advise on options for eating worked out very well. A good breakfast lovely rooms and location.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Family Room with Sea View

We had some miscommunication regarding arriving late to the property and we had to ring the door bell when we arrived, which was pretty late I have to admit. But I was still shocked when we got scolded by the owner for ringing the bell. She said that she emailed us the code for the door which I did not receive, still, we didn't appreciate the rude attitude.

The location of this place is brilliant. The view from our room was super nice. Clean.

The walls between the rooms are thin and we could hear the people in the neighboring room (having what sounded like a pillow-fight). It was harmless, but something to be aware of.

Anne, our hostess, offered excellent recommendations on how best to park near the busy Galway city center. She gave us a thorough walk-through of the property and instructions for operating the front-door locks. Breakfast - continental - could be added at the last minute for six euro. Our room was clean, comfortable, and perfect for our three-person family.

• Triple Room with Sea View

Walls were very thin and could hear next door and also the guests down the hall. Also had some drink in the communal fridge and when I went to get it someone had taken it.

Owner was very friendly and welcoming. Bath was amazing and beds were very comfy

• Triple Room with Sea View

Nothing they can do anything about. Elevator instead of stairs with heavy luggage.

Great room. Kept us all together. Ann was a marvelous hostess. Lovely, tidy room. As in many older homes, this one has no elevator, so it's up tiny stairways to your room. Right on the bay, so a beautiful view. Family rooms are on the top floor. Great breakfast. Charming. Good dinner recommendation nearby, even on a race weekend.

A bit out the way, public transport not so easy. Best if you have a car. From Galway to Salthill, there is public transport, it will be good to add this information to the property details.

The room was comfortable and the owner very welcoming. The view from the property was beautiful. Close to the bus stop and small shops and a restaurant. Peaceful location.

Would have liked option of hot breakfast. None was offered to us but other guests were served eggs. We thought a hot breakfast was included. Would have liked water to be available in the room. Needed to stay hydrated but none was offered or available.

Accommodations were lovely. Owner was amazing!! She arranged tour bus pick up. Helped us use public transportation and gave us directions wherever we wanted to go.

Anne, the owner, is most hospitable and attentive. She makes any effort to make the stay comfortable and pleasent The location is very good and close by short drive to city center and beach. most recommended.

• Triple Room with Sea View

The taps in the bathroom were a little finicky, but that's me being picky!

I loved th view of the room, and the close proximity of the location to the beach and the city centre. I will definitely be going back! Anne was so kind and helpful, and it was a highlight of my trip to Ireland, bar none!!!

We were greeetes by the owner with an immediate upgrade to a suite. The B&B is relatively new and on the west side of Galway (about a 8 min taxi ride to the city). The B&B is also close to the sea with nice views. Highly recommended!

Room could have been bigger but it was adequate considering that most of the time you are sightseeing!

Amazing view, great breakfast. courteous and helpful staff! Beautifully turned out facility!

Only minor concern is that the wifi is a bit weak but that seems true of Ireland.

A lovely B&B style house, with good quality fittings. Breakfast well cooked. Host friendly and helpful as needed. Good access back to Galway city and on route to western Atlantic way.

When I booked my stay over a year ago I had not appreciated how far the property was from Galway. But it turned out to be a boon as the location was quiet and far from the amusement park and tourist hub further down at Salthill, especially once we had sussed out the half-hourly bus to and from Galway (No. 402). There's a bus stop less than 5 minutes' walk from the property. The bus to town is for Merlin Park, and the one to get back is for Seacrest (Bus stand 6). We liked the layout of our twin-bedded room and the freshly cooked breakfast. Anne the proprietor was our oracle, she was so helpful, knew everything and foresightful - she gave us a card of the property to take with us on our first outing. It was so useful to show to the bus driver who showed us the stop we needed, and for the tax driver too!

That we only had 2 nights...would loved to have done some walking around Galway Bay

Anne was very welcoming and on our arrival offered us a choice of rooms...ours overlooked Galway Bay. The breakfast was great with the choice of "the full Irish" or continental. Anne gave directions and advice regarding getting around..I would go back there

We booked a twin room in January for three nights. On arrival were dismayed to be given a very small room just big enough for two beds; at a 90 degree angle. The walls were so thin that every noise from the next room could be heard. The occupants had showers at 12 and 3 am and with the toilet fan being left on for most of the night meant that we had hardly any sleep. This was made worse by the fact that the curtains were not lined and there were no blinds so the room got light at 5am. The standard of decor throughout was years out of date. The bedside lamp has a flex that would not reach the socket. The wifi was free but poor signal We complained next morning and the owner said we could leave so we did.

Nowt.

I wished we could have stayed longer

Patrick was a great host. Our luggage had been lost in Spain and wound up traveling only with a few items in a back pack. He offered to do our laundry! What service!!

The WiFi was poor for my devices.

Ann was extremely friendly & helpful. Felt environment was secure & safe. Room was extremely clean. Loved having tea in the room & a couple of cookies on arrival.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Family Room with Sea View

There wasn't anything I could say we didn't like a few minor things that were rectified once reported. i.e. New batteries in the tv remote because it wasn't working.

We enjoyed our time at Rusheen Bay House and Anne made our stay memorable nothing was a problem to her. Myself, my sister, my niece and my daughter all said that the breakfasts were amazing and we would definitely stay there again. We will also recommend Rusheen to our friends and family.

Our room was on the third floor which meant carrying the a suitcase up two flights of stairs. Fortuantely it was not a problem even though we are in our seventies.

Very quiet location very close to the water with ample off - street parking right outside the front door. Very nicely furnished and decorated and very close to a family restaurant and supermarket. The owner ( Ann) was warm and welcoming and was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

What could you possibly dislike about Rusheen Bay House ?

The rooms are lovely and comfortable and clean - as is the bathroom. The owner/hostess (humble apologies but I have forgotten her name) was lovely and could not be more accommodating. Breakfast was great and the location afforded quick and easy access to the main area of Galway (5 mins away by car). We will return here - unless you have beaten us to it first !

Could use a hook in bath.

Hostess Ann went the extra mile to help us book tickets. She also helped another guest with a shuttle pick up. Delicious fresh berries for breakfast.

• Family Room with Sea View

We liked the location, reasonable taxi ride from town center, relaxing ambience, tasty breakfasts and most importantly a very helpful host! Which made our stay throughly enjoyable :)

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The property was located an easy 7-8 minute drive from downtown Galway, and parking was easy and effortless. The room was very comfortable and the view from the property itself was fabulous. We had a terrific breakfast laid on for us.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Rusheen House was easy to find off the main road, and we had a nice view of the water from our ground floor room. Hostess very helpful and pleasant. Cute upper end market approximately a block away. Bed was comfortable, room very quiet. Breakfast in a sunlit atrium. We enjoyed our one-night stay.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Weak shower head but not a big deal.

Place was adorable! Anne was so helpful and happy to make recommendations. Room was super clean and comfortable. Snacks and coffee were free and delightful!! Bed was wonderful! Really nice walk from the B&B to a lovely promenade along beach. Lots to see and do!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

There was a faint cigarette smell in the common areas but not in the room at all. Not a big deal, but worth noting if you're especially sensitive to that.

Single room was on the small side, no shelf to put toiletries on in the en-suite bathroom.

Very pleasant seaside B&B just across the road from Rusheen Bay in Salthill, about 4 km from Galway city center. Friendly and helpful hosts, great views from the room and balcony, excellent buffet and full Irish breakfast, ample private parking.

Lovely B&B- perfect as a base for exploringg Galway and the surrounding area. We stayed in a triple room, which was spaceous, clean and comfortable. The owner is very helpful and friendly, it's easy to come and go as you please (key pad to open the door), there is free, good wifi and you can drive or take a taxi into town (10mins away) and take walks along the coastal promenade. Highly recommend this B&B.