Reviews of Russell Court Hotel 3 stars

21/25 Harcourt Street, D2 Dublin, Ireland

#126 of 136 hotels in Dublin

The clubs below received a delivery of metal barrels at 7am which kept us awake for over an hour but apart from that was fine!!

The bed was comfortable. Staff were very friendly. Excellent location!

The hotel never informed us on checking in or on their website that they host a nightclub until 4.30am. The music was so loud that the rooms were vibrating. Although the staff were friendly, it was an overall bad experience.

It was in between 3 nightclubs the noise was horrendous the staff didn’t care they tried to fob me off with a cottage that they said was part of the hotel it was filthy to get to the cottage you had to walk through a nightclub eventually they got me a room which was what i booked the manager never apologised the music blared until 4.00am no wonder they supply ear plugs I would never stay here again a total disaster I would rate this hotel-100 I had a terrible time and would advise booking.com to remove this hotel from your website manager laughed behind our backs after complaining totally disgusted worst hotel experience I ever had

Impossible to use the bathroom due to revolting smell. hotel is actually a nightclub open from 4.30 pm until 4,00 am and very noisy. Could not sleep as a result . Closing time was bedlam due to intoxicated patrons and noisy taxis.

We wer asked 7 times in the space of 60 seconds by 7 different people wer we staying in the hotel it was an obstacle to get to the room guests should have bands in future to avoid this annoying problem also security man couldn’t find my boyfriends name on the list at the door and 10 mins later when I came down he magically found It out of nowhere , I was ask at the entrance, the reception , the bar door again at the reception , a security man at the stairs and a woman on my corridor to prove I was a guest. Maybe wrist bands in future will stop this

Bed was extremely comfortable location was perfect

We did not know that THE HOTEL IS A DISCO!. ROOMS ARE NOT SOUND-PROOF!. You get earplugs for sleeping but, as you can imagine, it is not enough. The noise, the vibration... UNBEARABLE. In our view, personnel was not friendly at all, not welcoming and not willing to make your stay nice. Horrible breakfast. This fruit from a can, the bottled juices, their bad version of the Irish breakfast, not enough quantity and quality. The waiter had this expression of being extra-disgusted when you order. We had an issue in the toilet and we had to give notice 3 times -the last one very angry- so that somebody could come upstairs and fix it. They finally came at midnight. Not recommended.

Location is great.

Noise (although we were warned before booking and earplugs were provided. ) Coffee at breakfast.

Staff. Comfortable bed. Breakfast Proximity to our venue. Central location

The noise from the night club but in all fairness we did no this when we booked didn't realise it went onto 4 in the morning you are supplied with ear plugs.

Room was clean, service was excellent beds were comfy.

3 Nightclubs that were in the property and played very loud music until 3am The people being sick outside my window The staff throwing beer kegs around at 5am in the morning The 2 hours sleep I paid for THE FACT THAT THIS INFORMATION WAS NOT HIGHLIGHTED MUCH CLEARER BY BOOKING.COM IN THE HOTEL DESCRIPTION - ITS QUITE IMPORTANT.

It was horrendous. Noise level was ridiculous. Night club upto 3 am and then delivery of beer kegs at 7 am ..... Also to order a taxi which should be a meaningless task on both occassions i was sent out onto the street to be "quicker".....

Breakfast staff very helpful

we travelled for a special occasion, my requests were unfortunately not met. could not get near the bar late in the evening due to the crowds into the nightclub etc , was told in the bar we could not have a bottle opener so we ended up ordering drinks to the room the get the bottle opener and the staff that delivered it waited at the door until we were finished using it to take it back down. really took away from our stay which we rarely get to do on our own without the children. such a pity as we had stayed here before some years back and was aware that the noise levels in the rooms cannot be helped but i felt it was much louder in the room this time.

the lady on reception Kirsty could not have done enough for us on our check in. very polite and printed out needed documents for us and also printed out directions and bus timetables in case we needed them. thank you kirsty!

We had a room on the main street which is very noisy at night but again at 7am with loading and unloading of barrels. Rooms were a little dated.

location was excellent and good value for money

noisy! No bottled water when called reception - had to go find our own! breakfast very poor! Bathroom old and not very clean or useable - toilet didnt flush well!

Bed was comfy

had the misfortune of staying in this hotel and can honestly say it it is without doubt the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. i found it rather bizarre that there were sets of ear plugs in the room.......the reason became evident upon return to the hotel that evening. the music from the nightclub / beer garden was that loud that it was impossible to sleep till gone 3am , it was that loud that the door handle of the bathroom and doors of the wardrobe were banging from the bass of the music below. none of this this or the noise issue was explained to me during the booking or upon arrival. the room itself was extremely tatty with worn carpet, an eneven floor, broken headboards of the beds and none of the tv channels on the television worked plus it took at least 10 mins to get the water in the shower warm. the 2 men working at reception in the mornings really need to attend some sort of charm school or maybe even look remotely interested in their job and dealing with the public / clients as at the end of the day they pay for their salary. i can honestly say that i will never ever return to this hotel and if it was last hotel room in dublin then id choose to sleep in the car.

absolutely nothing

Staff were very friendly and approachable. The security staff were brilliant in dealing with what must be a very popular venue for the younger generation every night!. While it is a noisy enough hotel due to the very popular 2 nightclubs in the hotel, the provision of earplugs helped immensely! Ideal location with the Luas stop just a 2 min walk away. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Not a hotel for me. This definitely catered for the nightclub scene. No sleep due to nightclub going on till 4.30am. Room looked like it could have done with some extra care. However it was a cheap stay and clean. If you are clubbing then this is the hotel for you.

Staff were wonderful and provided everything you needed.

I was charged €99 before getting to the property (pending in my account) and the full amount on arrival. I'm yet to be returned my €99. I sent a query to the hotel's website with no reply

DIcey's Bar was next door and open until five o'clock in the morning on both of our nights. It was very difficult to sleep since it didn't quiet down all night until 5am. Would not recommend this hotel due to that problem.

Good breakfast!

Room was in very poor decorative order wallpaper torn in numerous places, woodwork damaged, in bathroom the shower cubicle had black mould all around the seal. Also felt hassled by door security every time we entered the hotel to give names and room number at times they were quite aggressive and the non stop noise from loud music which started up at 4 pm in the afternoon and went on to 5am following morning

It goes without saying that the noise from the beer garden/nightclub can disrupt your sleep but if you are having a drink yourself then it's not a problem. They do supply earplugs if you can wear them!!!

Location and value for money is unbeatable. If you are having a few drinks while in the capital, you can start in the beer garden with all drinks only 2euro!!!!! I like that you can park in st.stephens green car park and walk to the hotel in 2 minutes and if you show your hotel receipt at the carpark you get your overnight stay for 10euro instead of 24euro!!!! The hotel room we got had a seperate lounge area to relax in and a spacious bedroom with loads of character.

The stairs were uneven, as you are walking down it feels like you are falling down the one set of stairs. And there wasn't many plug sockets in the room. There was an extension lead going round the beds.

It was a fairly good location that we didn't have to rely on a bus to commute to the city. We were able to walk within 10-15 mins to Temple bar or O'Connell street. And also that we could still get the Airlink bus to the hotel, with only a little walking when getting off the bus.

no hot water.the pressure on the shower was very weak also.

Great price for city centre location.huge room with some lovely old features. good bar downstairs with all pints and bottles €2.

Unfortunately this hotel is not only on a busy nightclub street, it also has a club underneath it so we got no sleep until the late hours. The rooms,though clean do have a old,musty smell.Opening windows would help but outside noise would then be the problem. Earplugs are provided ;)

Good location,nice walk to town along St Stephens green & Grafton's Street.The Iveagh Gardens is directly across the road from the hotel.Good breakfast, plenty of choice on offer & great staff.

Such a lovely place to stay. Noise is no worse than any busy Dublin street. Bed was very comfortable and clean. Slept like a baby without the use of earplugs. Would definitely come back.

First impressions. I had booked a month in advance.I was aware of a 'small refundable transaction' fee so the hotel could 'check my card'. The hotel took the complete amount for the room from my account over a week beforehand , I called about the transaction and I was addressed rudely and basically told to wait as long as it takes for the refund it's down to the bank for any delay. I'm sorry I didn't cancel the booking there and then. The lobby and reception were clean and very presentable. Take a few steps further into the building and your greeted by a club style bar that stinks of stale booze . We were guided to our room by a very rude bouncer and told there was a longer way out of the building via upstairs should we wish to avoid the bar, I later ventured this magical route to be greeted by smell of urine. The Room . There's a thin line between Vintage charm and badly maintained ,scruffy verging on filthy. Poor ventilation in the whole space including the bathroom. Black grout mould around bath , a blocked bath and sink hole might be the reason for the odour that followed. It took about half an hour for the bath to empty. Towels seemed fine , linen seemed fine. Toiletries supplied were, one set of ear plugs, toilet roll and an on wall soap dispenser.fine. The windows had no sufficient locks fitted to sash style frames and were facing a main road,on ground level. It was a hot evening and when I opened a window I had to use a prop to hold it open. There were a few hundred people queing outside for a club from about 5pm. Service. Breakfast was included . I went to the breakfast room , passed by the club bar that smelled worse by morning. I decided to ask could I bring breakfast back to the room , because of the general state and smell of the dining room. I never had a problem, ever with doing this in many ,many hotels through the years. I was instantly refused.

We arrived to the hotel at 2pm ( check in was 3pm) . The receptionist explained the room wasn’t ready so she could take our bags(no problem). She labeled our bags only to tell us there is no storage or room for the bags they had to be left in the middle of the lobby where people were in and out all the time. I didn’t feel comfortable leaving my suitcase of valuables in the middle of a lobby where anyone could take it(the receptionist could not see them from where she sat). The room was extremely hot. There was no air con and the windows only opened an inch . We had read when we booked that there was a nightclub on site that may cause SOME noise. The noise was so Loud we had to almost shout to hear each other in the room. This went on until 6am!! We couldn’t leave the windows open because it was even louder but we couldn’t leave them closed as the room was way too hot! They provided ear plugs that didn’t even work. Now I’m 24 years old and I love loud music but this was way too much! Especially to go on until 6am! We eventually got to sleep after the music stopped only to be woken 3 hours later by house keeping banging a Hoover of the wall next door! Upon check out I told the receptionist everything was ok because I was so tired and angry about not having any sleep to even begin with my complaint! DO NOT stay here!!

Good location , nice old Victorian style hotel

It is a party scene, the garden was bumping until 4am on a Tuesday, and you will hear the bass in your room. The room is a bit dated and worn out, but the staff was friendly, and location is great. Go there for partying only, not for a quality night of sleep.

There are night clubs in the hotel. Very noisy, lots of shouting on the street outside until about 4 am.

The staff were friendly and there was a nice breakfast included in the price

It was perfect

They go out of there way to make sure you have a great time. When I booked the BB they had me down for two rooms. At first they thought it was two people with the same name. The name smith pretty common. No problem it was corrected will stay there again when back in Cork.

The staff... especially door staff. The loudness of room, even with ear plugs. A beer barrel delivery at 6.30 am underneath our room physically rocked the bed

Location was ok

The hotel is located on a party street so do not book this hotel if you are a light sleeper as you will not get any sleep. Ear plugs are provided but the vibrations from the nightclub downstairs and the other nightclub on the street ensures a sleepless night.

This is a lovely old hotel with great character in the bedrooms. The reception and restaurant areas are very well decorated with beautiful furniture and fabulous wallpaper, etc. The staff are excellent, very friendly and most helpful.

Was a bit dated with peeling paper in the room. No sleep is to be had in this place until at least 4am. Overall was ok to stay for a night. Wouldn't pay the cost to stay here again, although the location is great

Staff were very friendly and informative. Location is very good.

Rooms could do with upgrading. Our room was extremely small and so warm it was difficult to sleep. Bathroom was way to small and shower though clean was very grubby.

Not for families or people looking for an early night.

Great location. Great beer prices. Comfy bed. Good breakfast. Good ambiance. I would recommend to people out for a night and not intending to go to bed early.

Very noisy in rooms. Not recommended if you have exam or meeting or presentation next morning. Party going all night downstairs and rooms are not noise proof.

Central location.

Some staff not very friendly and rude on the desk . No air com in the bedroom extremely warm . Some toiletries in the bathroom there wasn’t even any soap And an up to date hair dyer would be useful and a shower holder that actually kept the shower hose up .

The hotel is attached to a night club and a very popular night club. Which is cool until it’s 3 am and you can feel the bass through the floor and the music is so loud that they give out ear plugs. So it’s hard to get a good night sleep with the music and the uncomfortable mattress.

The property was is close walking distance of nice restaurants, shopping and parks.

The window was looking right into a block wall and the air extractor fan for the hotel was right outside the window ..

The reception staff were lovely.. the location of this hotel for nightlife is excellent.. and diceys beer garden is mighty craic

I have to say Russell Court Hotel was amazing hotel to stay in. The staff was extremely polite, they all went above and beyond in answering questions put to them and really helpful. The best experience in hotel staff i have known. The hotel decor is wonderful. The room was superb comfy and homely. Extremely clean. Breakfast was really good. You have made me a fan of white pudding. My only regret is that i didnt get to stay longer, but i am already planning my next adventure and stay for an extra couple more nights. Absolutely superb hotel and all staff. Well done guys. Xx

The noise is severe, bring wax earplugs, the foam ones don’t work ...it’s not just the club, it’s the Luas, the cellar making most noise. But once you have ear plugs the location is amazing

Brilliant location....

There was some issues with the decor. Such a big chunks missing from the wallpaper in the room and big chips missing from some of the wooden furniture. The shower was quite small also. The rooms were extremely warm during the night and although we chose the hotel for the night club we couldn’t open the window due to the noise.

The reception area and restaurant were lovely. The staff left us to it.

Small but comfortable rooms, comfortable beds, really clean. Great location and good value compared to other hotels on southside of city on the night I stayed. I was worried about noise from Night Club downstairs , but didn't find it a problem- rooms well sealed from any noise

old bath shower, telly was a bit banjaxed, nightclub noise raving on till 5am, no worries though

decent reception staff, handy first floor room, tall ceilings, did the job for a snooze, near st. stephen's green, near plenty of bars / nightclubs / odd restaurant or so

Absolutely nothing that I didn't like - except that I'm an early riser and had to miss breakfast!!

Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, and great location.

Clearly not the right choice for my age group. Not sure what was worse, thumping disco music or hysterical hyena cackles of women and drunken elephant roars of men gathered outside on the street.

I knew it would be noisy from reviews but as I was travelling with my teenage daughter, I thought the central location would compensate and the photos of the rooms and lobby looked nice. Initially we must have been given the worst room of the hotel on first floor which did not look at all like photos, looked out on some sort of dumping space and was directly above the disco. I requested another room which was much more tasteful but even with the earplugs provided, a towel wrapped around my head turban-style and a pillow over my head I could still not drown out the noise.

did not find ear plugs until mext morning did not get to sleep till 3:30 am with the noise from the night club did not know this was on

very comfortable

just so easy to go from room to club great fun. staff at reception was so nice and had our taxi ready for us as we had asked during check in. Clean and tidy. great value for money

Payment was supposed to be made on arrival but it was taken out of my account 7 days before my stay. Also it was race night for students and the hotel was full of very young students who were all very drunk. Not nice the following morning leaving hotel and footpath covered in sick.

Liked the location and cost of hotel

On booking.com it says '...all rooms can be affected by noise. ' What it SHOULD say is all rooms are affected by a WALL OF NOISE 7-nights a week into the early hours. (welcome gift in the room is 3 packs of ear-plugs). Add drunk teenagers wandering around the corridors looking for a toilet (and whatever else) and the fact that when you mention this to the many security staff!! They say they patrol every hour. I think a stay in a prison in the Syria would be more comfortable. The cabbie who picked me up for the airport told me EVERYONE complains.

Location is good but everything else is not.

As has been said in a number of reviews, the noise from the disco at night and vibrations of the music, are problematic. However, the listing disclosed this, the hotel indicates this, they provide ear plugs for you, so you can't say you weren't forewarned. Personally, staying on the 3rd floor, I found the noise to be a bit difficult to ignore at first but adapted to it after a bit. Would have preferred it quiet, but one can sleep there.

Great location for being where the action is in central Dublin.

It is a nice little hotel with very welcoming staff and comfy rooms. They were ready to accommodate all our needs. The clubs are quite loud, but that is already mentioned in the description. With good earplugs is no problem at all. We will make sure to return to Dublin and stay here again :)

Sadly we won't be returning as the noise from the night club below was very noticeable and though my husband slept through it. I couldn't get off to sleep and was woken again by the noise of the crowd when it ended at about 4am!

Wonderful location. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and the room was clean had an old fashioned charm.

It was a nightclub downstairs, we could take the beat of the music until 04:00 but the crowd outside afterwards until 05:00was a bit much! Then the fire alarms going off was just to much. Left after one night, thankfully the manager didnt charge for our second night.

Very nice and neat hotel.

We didn't know there was a nightclub next to the hotel where they play very loud music from 4 pm till 3 am.. You can hear everything really loud in your room

The hotel looks nice and the staff is very helpfull

We expected to stay on top of a nightclub but didn’t expect the noise to be so loud. Music played until 2/3 in the morning so if you are looking for an early night, it won’t happen.

The room service breakfast was really good and the staff were amazing

The breakfast (taken at 9.20 approx) was VERY POOR: It was cooked long before it was served to me re-heated; the tea was barely better than hot water. The hotel bedrooms are somewhat dark, lighting for night time paperwork was poor and the TV channel options were very limited with bad sound quality

The price (€109) was good value for central Dublin

The disco downstairs was not the best thing ever... My room was right on top of it, the music was on until 3am and it can be very annoying if you are there to rest, not to go clubbing. The room was extremely hot, even with the window open it was hard to not sweat all the time...

The location is excellent,very central and in a quite area. Rooms are lovely and very clean.

Old and dated. Read the fine print as this was quickly booked and I found out when I got there that it’s a hotel attached to a massive nightclub. Bass beats until the early hours with noisy drunks in the street and then the brewery makes a racket when they are sorting the barrels at dawn. My own fault for just quickly booking into a place that a colleague had quickly booked but booking.com could do a bit more to highlight so others don’t make the same mistake.

Do not stay at this hotel. The rooms are all above a nightclub which is extremely loud, you may as well be in the club when trying to sleep. The walls and floor actually bounce with the vibrations of the beat. So much so the mirror came off the wall!

Only positive the room was clean. Which must be a hard for the cleaning staff given the out dated rooms

Unfriendly staff, and toilet not working, badly cracked tiles in bathroom, noise early morning from housekeeping staff cleaning and hoovering from 8am.

The club downstairs was quite loud until late into the evening, but the earplugs provided in our room were greatly appreciated.

The staff was very helpful on many accounts.

the locaition.so noisy,surrounded by clubs and nightclubs!!no peace and quite till 5 am.crazy! the staff didnt help us to change the room in an upper floor...we where on the nightclubceiling....hearing everything every single night

the location was really bad, really noisy...sorrounded by clubs and nightlife clubs. we expected some quiet at night cause we wanted to make sightseeing during the day....for partying is fine...for young people...middle-twenties...

Noise. Oh my god that was horrible, do something about the windows or sound proof the place. Also, the ventilation is the worst I have ever come across in a hotel, the window does not allow proper ventilation and sometimes it was hard to breath, sort this out.

The room was of a good size and the location was good enough in the city.

Noise levels were higher than I expected, but then it does say on the booking form. may they should make the bars sound proof.

Nice airy and clean room.

Only problem was the room was extremely warm and took the staff a couple of hours to turn the heating off for us

The bed was very comfy and room was spacious.

Nightlife outside was very loud, however we were aware of the area beforehand.

Room was very nice, comfortable living area. Shower was also excellent. Staff were helpful at times.

REALLY REALLY NOISY because of the disco and the bar located downstars of the hotel. The staff was friendly but when you asked to change the room or to requested for the next days they didnt even move a finger....at least they could try to check, to see what they can do, but they even had a look or care. The problem was our room was on the first floor, located exactly on the ceiling of the bar- disco. And i request a higer floor room: they didnt care...I called before to ask for a Higher floor cause I find out too late it was a noisy area....and i wanted a quiet rroom ...when i found out it was this type of area and really noisy...it was too late to cancel and get the money refund it was three days ebeforr arrival...

the noise was incredible grounds for health & safety. the breakfast room was filthy dirty. food and coffee poor. the shower went from boiling to freezing.

leaving the property.

Old, this is not a hotel this is a night club with beds meaning really really noisy, staff doesn’t have empowerment and they can’t solve your issues (even the shift manager), rude staff (the night manager, other people were nice), toilet wasn’t clean (with toilet paper), there wasn’t soap, etc.

...

Website and room info said barfood was available all day till 9pm but when we tried to eat in the afternoon we were quite rudely dismissed by the barman.We also had to get past security to get to our room which is a bit disconcerting. .a heads up would have been helpful.

The room was very hot even with the window open all night and the heating off. And the toilet had a horrible smell. Room very dated. Very noisy at night but expected that.

Downstairs is beautiful and the night club is great. All staff very welcoming and friendly. Pretty good location if u don’t mind a walk. They provide ear plugs which came in very useful 👍👍

The mattress is not really comfortable. There is a nightclub on the ground floor, so it is noisy at night, but the hotel provide earplugs.

The room is clean and large.

Kids not allowed to eat in garden bar. Music really loud goes on to 2.30am every morning. No toiletries - byo shampoos/toothpastes but they do provide ear plugs!. Could not open window as noise too loud, then at 6.30am you are treated to sawing an banging outside in their club next door! Fire alarm also went off at 1am. No sleep at all. They do not make it clear not for kids.

The hotel looks lovely, room spacious and within easy walking distance of city centre or just hop on the Lucas (tram). Breakfast was very welcoming with plenty of selection - its the only time kids can eat in the hotel unless you pay extra for room service.

Unfortunately being stuck in Dublin for an extra three nights due to snow and severe weather. Turned out to be more expensive than planned.

Breakfast and dining very good

Had friends coming over to meet me at 9pm and were turned away due to arrangements re nightclub and only allowing residents into the hotel. If I had known in advance, I would not have booked this hotel and will never again. It messed up my arrangements significantly and it's very poor practice by the hotel not to highlight this factor on my arrival.