Reviews of Silver Tassie Hotel & Spa 4 stars

Ramelton Road, . Letterkenny, Ireland

#12 of 18 hotels in Letterkenny

Location , to letterkenny and access to countryside
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was great Good was excellent ,good portion side Room was very clean , very quiet at night. Will stay again

Location , to letterkenny and access to countryside

I would not return as I think it was very expensive and in a poor location.
    • Double or Twin Room

On a busy road which is noisy and furniture/ design of the hotel is very dated. Bathrooms need makes overs.

staff were lovely and very helpful Breakfast was good.

I'll be back
    • Double or Twin Room

We were so impressed with this hotel we stayed an extra 2 nights. Couldn't recommend it enough. Staff brilliant atmosphere brilliant food excellent and location just perfect

Great hotel

Breakfast was ok only - not quite up to the high standard of the evening meal.

Comfortable room - lovely and cool despite the Mediterranean temperatures outside! Great night's sleep. Good quality and good value food in both the bar and the restaurant.

A lovely stay, convenient to rathmullan for the ferry across lough swilly and further on to Malin.
    • Double or Twin Room

Had difficulty with the Wifi unable to receive Emails on my IPad. Could have been a problem of my own making. Worked fine on return to home.

The quietness and peaceful surroundings.

Beautiful, charming, authentic place to stay

Nothing, loved the place and will stay there again next year.

The receptionist was wonderful, she helped answered all my questions, I even got to check in early at no additional cost. Breakfast was amazing and they do customize your order if needed. The room I got was BEAUTIFUL. Although I was in town for business, I did not want to be surrounded by buildings, I wanted to have a view and they had a great view.

The staff were wonderfully attentive and helpful and the spa...
    • Double or Twin Room

The extract vent in the bathroom was quite loud and inconsistent.

The staff were wonderfully attentive and helpful and the spa services were fantastic.

Staff all very friendly, good breakfast selection and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Really enjoyed our stay was the break we needed but did not feel like a 4* facility. 3* would be more accurate

Staff all very friendly, good breakfast selection and restaurant second to none

The Silver Tassie is an excellent hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The only issue I can think of was that the door hinges in the room could do with a little oil as they were noisy when opening and closing the door.

Room was quiet, comfortable and clean. A huge percentage of staff were actually Irish which is a nice change from other hotels around the country that are full of foreign nations who have almost no English.

Good but could be so much better when the problems in the bedrooms are sorted
    • Double or Twin Room

The bedrooms were poor, the bed was soft but both of us rolled into the middle. The wooden doors of the wardrobe were noisy when closing them banging quite loudly in all rooms so when one person woke in the morning everyone woke. The room doors were also loud when closing them so a lot of adjacent room noise was heard. The radiators were off yet in the middle of the night I had to get up to open windows this is not what you want to do on the ground floor with sub zero temperatures outside. There was no fridge for water or drinks, leaving you to use the bathroom tap water which was off colour. According to the news there was a major water scare in this area and the water board were fined over it.

Staff were friendly and helpful. The bar restaurant and sun room were a delight to use and the food was reasonable. The large wooden beams were interesting in the foyer and the sun room which allowed the use of a lot of glass providing plenty of light in these areas.

A very stress free relaxing break.thank you
    • Double or Twin Room

I would have liked a fridge to keep cold water in to drink at night as i felt dyhrated. our room was very warm.Did open the window but traffic distracting.

Food was delicious. Great portions.came away very full and satisfied. Staff came over a few times to check we were satisfied.well done to a good service.

Loved the open fires through out hotel it was home from home!
    • Double or Twin Room

Loved tat it was a very relaxed hotel and omg there is open fires al through hotel it was so homely ! Loved sitting in bar and a big open fire it was amazing and even when we went 4 breakfast next morning er was a big fire lite in breakfast room we could of sat al day! Wil defo b back

Unreal
    • Double or Twin Room

To be honest I cannot fault the hotel. Look forward to a cousins Wedding there in march

From the second we entered we had the best trip. Everything was perfect and the staff were all so pleasant

More of a 2/3 star than 4
    • Double or Twin Room

It's taken a long time to think of positives to say above. Whilst the hotel is fine, I would have been very happy if it was 2* and half the price. Our room was tiny and the bed was the smallest double I've ever been in. The TV remote didn't work, the room was always too cold with no heating or too warm when it came on. Whilst the hot breakfast was very tasty, the buffet was very limited. Both days we stayed we went down at around 9.30 and everything had gone. No juice or pastries to be seen. The hotel locks up at midnight and left us outside ringing the doorbell with no answer for 5 minutes, we ended up knocking on the bar room window which eventually got us an answer and a security guard left us in. This was at about 1am which seems crazy for a 4* hotel to me!

The whole hotel is very clean and tidy. Breakfast was delicious! Shower was warm and nice and powerful too.

Staff were more than friendly, especially a wee girl called...
    • Double or Twin Room

We went and stayed in the hotel with the sole purpose of going to the spa and it was booked up, we weren't able to use the facilities even though we stayed in the hotel.

Staff were more than friendly, especially a wee girl called Lauren who wore glasses. She was lovely. Food was brilliant. No complaints there.

I was there with my Fiancé whom I had just proposed to that...
    • Double or Twin Room

I was there with my Fiancé whom I had just proposed to that day. After my partner talking to the staff about the engagement we returned to a lovely surprise of a bottle of Proseco and a congratulations card. Fantastic touch!

We had a very enjoyable stay.
    • Family Room

The staff were very friendly and welcoming at reception and in the bar. The room was very comfortable and spacious. We had a lovely meal in the bar. Breakfast was very good.

Just the relaxing break we needed. Hospitality first class and would love to return
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing really. Everything met our needs during our visit.

very helpful and friendly staff. True Irish hospitality. Large well heated and ventilated bedrooms. Lots of space to use. Comfy beds, ample towels, generous toiletries, tasty breakfast, lovely and quiet to the back of the hotel. Nice lounge for sitting and relaxing, lots of space for car parking, lovely meals in bar.

It was nice and relaxing/comfy.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bath map was dirty, there was a nail sticking out of the chair in room 210.

The Irish breakfast was cooked to perfection. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

home from home

loved the whole experience

my family and i were there to celebrate our silver anniversary it was the hotel we choose for our wedding. it has be re furnished and really beautiful. the staff are all very friendly food to die for services were excellent

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was the most uncomfortable bed that l ever "slept" in, my husband and l had the worst night sleep. We had dinner in the bar/restaurant, the food came out of the kitchen at a speed that screamed pre-cooked and finally it's too far out of the town centre.

Lovely establishment, great staff

Nothing that I know off.

Staff brilliant. There was a big wedding in one function room & a birthday party in another, yet the staff were very quick in serving all other dinners in the bar area. Hotel was spotlessly clean throughout. Highly recommend it.

Loved it, reception so cosy and very friendly staff. Brilliant service at breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Road was quite noisy right outside the window. Not the hotels fault tho it did quiet down during the night.

We were greeted with rose petals on the bed and chocolates. Very cute

A Very enjoyable stay with good food & friendly staff
    • Double or Twin Room

A few parts of the bathroom would need fixed up.

Staff were very nice. Breakfast was delicious. Had a few cocktails which were very good. A very relaxing night.

Glad I only booked for 1 night
    • Double or Twin Room

Food. I ordered minestrone soup and it was packet soup with 1 piece of fresh carrot. I ordered chicken qoujons and chips both bought in not fresh and tasteless

Friendly staff

LOOKS BETTER THAN IT IS.

Dinner was dreadful - I sent it back and they didn't charge. Breakfast was not much better - very let down by their kitchen. Staff were very pleasant about dealing with the complaint but surely if the Roast of the Day has been under a heating lamp since lunch time then it should be removed from the menu!!! Microwaved watery scrambled eggs and very salty smoked salmon were unpleasant. Room was ok - it's a hotel it's what you expect.

The staff.

Rude people
    • Double or Twin Room

I stayed in the hotel for my prom, my boyfriend and I checked in while in our prom outfits, the receptionist (a short, blonde hair older lady) rolled her eyes as we walked through the door then was very blunt to us checking in. She asked me did I bring a car to which she rolled her eyes at me while asking and looked incredibly shocked when i said yes.I believe she was this blunt towards us because of our age as I witnessed her being lovely to the middle ages people. The next morning when we went for breakfast, all the middle aged people were giving us dirty looks but my boyfriend and I were very silent and we were not making any fuss for attention to be on us.

Breakfast was lovely though.

Very basic not a 4* in my book
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn't like that the so called 'Spa' wasn't actually a spa its a beauty salon that you have to book before you turn up, this wasn't clear. When we went down for dinner we were met with a less that helpful and enthusiastic waitress, who took our food order and left without our drink order. When we asked to see a drinks menu, she rattled the beer list off fast and my partner asked what was the first beer she said and she rolled her eyes and sighed. The food was terrible at the 'award winning restaurant'. I ordered the battered fish and chips, the batter on the fish was soggy and a child's sized portion that consisted off 2 6" pieces of finger thin white fish. The chips were cold and hard and not home made. My partner had the grilled fish which when it came looked like it had been sitting out for ages and was luke-warm and had little to no flavour, his chip came out the same as mine. The veg was also undercooked. The bed's weren't very comfortable and the rooms didn't have a fridge or bottled water.

I like that after I complained about the food we got 6 euro off our bill. The dessert was good. Most of the staff were helpful and friendly. The staff at the spa were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was good.

I am a regular visitor to Letterkenny for work reasons and...

All fine

I am a regular visitor to Letterkenny for work reasons and stay at the Silver Tassie around 3 or 4 times a year. Always consistently good quality accommodation and the bar/restaurant food is also consistently good. One BIG plus point for me personally is that i nearly always get a good quiet night's sleep, unlike a lot of hotels in similar price range. Recommended.

Cant wait to go back. And i will be back.

Having to check out again the following morning .

Arrived at hotel near to midnightand was hungry. The barman made me the nicest chicken sandwich with side salad I have ever eaten . Brilliant.

Over all i was happy with my stay and would stay ther again when in the area. Great value .

Side salad with dinner looked as if it had been sitting around for a long time.

Rooms were big , clean and the bed was comfortable.staff very freindly and attentive.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Nice setting to far from town
    • Double or Twin Room

While eating in bar found staff to pushy trying to sell drinks took away my plate while wife still eating felt very rushed like on a ryanair flight sell sell sell a pity

Comfortable and clean really nice hotel staff good

Just one night
    • Double or Twin Room

Porridge was the best ever, breakfast was very good my husband had the full Irish he said it was one of the best .

Hotel was very tired it could do with some work to bring it up to date. Beds were really bad lumpy and hard Having said that the staff where really nice we had to change or room because of the noise down below singing and doors opening and closing the girl at the front reception was really nice helpful

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Silver, not Gold.
    • Double or Twin Room

Had heard great reports about the food at this hotel. I would describe it as average. The salad was limp. The breakfast was very disappointing, no croissants and the scones very uninviting. I am shocked that this hotel is rated at four stars.

The staff were pleasant and helpful. I was just surprised that on check out there was no enquiry if we had enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

A Delight!
    • Double or Twin Room

I wish they used fitted sheets rather than just tucking a flat sheet under the mattress. It kept coming loose.

The service was phenomenal and the spa was so convenient. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

4.5
    Extremely unhappy about how a serious complaint (hygeine) was not dealt with by the Hotel Management
    • Double or Twin Room

Can you send me an email to contact you please. I complained at the hotel. I was not satisfied with their response. There were two 'blood stains' on the quilt before our arrival. Unfortunately, as they were under a throw-over, we did not see them until the following day. That was reported - quilt was changed. Subsequently I went to the reception with the photo of the quilt and stains. I got an apology for same and was told that it would be dealt with Georgina the Managress to whom is was reported to the previous day. I was told she would be there in 15 mts. We had our breakfast. We went to check out. I was told that Georgina had apologised. I said that was not acceptable - I would have, at least, expected them to deduct the coffees from the bill if not the full price of the room ... I was just told - sorry - I am extremely unhappy The shower changed temperature - at least three times in one shower- from very hot to very cold - this was also reported. I am not even concerned about this (although very serious for an older person) I am more concerned about the quilt. I have a picture of the quilt and I would like to pass it to you. This is completely unacceptable. I asked for surname of the Manageress - Georgina Howley. I was then asked if I wanted to meet here - I was on way to visit my elderly aunt (recently recovered from a stroke) - I really did not have the energy to say anymore. I am from Donegal - I am embarassed to be treated like this in my home county. thank you for asking me to comment. I look forward to hearing from you.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Good but far to warm
    • Double or Twin Room

The heat was that bad it made my bf sick, we couldn't get to sleep, we had to constantly change because the heat made us that sweaty.

The staff where brilliant and the food was amazing

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Staff are so friendly and helpful such a relaxing atmosphere...
    • Double or Twin Room

Spa wasn't available .. only available slots where the day after we arrived this was a massive disappointment the girl on the desk was I found rude and extremely unhelpful

Staff are so friendly and helpful such a relaxing atmosphere I can't wait to get back

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Another superb stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing. Yet another stay here where I can not fault the people or the place.

Cannot fault this hotel - always a superb welcome, the staff couldn't be more helpful, the food (both dinner and breakfast) is always immense and location is spot in - add in the excellent spa and there's nothing that beats it!

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Relaxing weekend
    • Double or Twin Room

The room 102 that we where given was really smelly with damp but we we got moved to room 101 amazing. The staff in bar resturant just ok food nothing great.

We have been here a few times love the beauty treatments the beautician Alison is amazing.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Lovely warm cosy hotel

I was happy with my stay

The staff were really friendly & very helpful, The breakfast is lovey good choice of food before a lovely fry,i would stay here again 😊

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Silver Tassie
    • Double or Twin Room

the breakfast was a little dry and my potato farl was slightly burnt so I think you would have to be up earlier than 10 am to get the freshest of breakfasts.

Croissants fresh and bed really comfy, very relaxing spot when not too busy.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

best hotel in Letterkenny

Very slight marking down for the filthy shower mat. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it showed a lack of attention to detail which surprised me in an otherwise excellent hotel.

Comfortable, spacious room and well equipped en suite. Evening meals are great -well cooked food and lots of interesting choices on the menu, breakfast is above average. Not as good as the evening meals, but it's cooked to order which is a big plus for me. Great staff. Small gym which you'll typically have to yourself.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

I love Donegal and The Silver Tassie and all of the staff who were most gracious and helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

Toilet. I need an accessible room and the raised seat on the toilet fell off each time I used it.

The room we were given was well appointed and very spacious, in fact one of the largest we have stayed in! It was quiet and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

3.0
    There is nothing around it.
    • Family Room

There is nothing around it.. Letterkenny town is not 5 minute drive but almost 20 minutes .. We waited almost an hour for a sandwich The swimming pool was not only offsite but 7k offsite The spa was booked up No mini fridge Tgere was a vending machine on our floor but it was empty

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Home from Home!

The venue stands out because of the customer service. EVERYONE is delighted to welcome you and take care of all your requests. The room was spotless and despite there being a wedding going on - the room was very quiet. The public areas were also kept spotless at all times.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Stayed for a wedding, had a great time!
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were friendly and helpful, stayed for a wedding and the food was excellent. Staff went above and beyond for guests and were very accommodating. The rooms were spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

my stay at silver tassie

Nothing could of been better everything was first class

If u didn't want something that was on menu u just had to ask and they changed it for you.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Very highly recommended hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Could not say one thing from we arrived on Sunday to we left on Tuesday lunchtime .

Staff all very friendly ,very helpful and clean. Rooms very clean and bed very comfortable. Breakfast exceptional cooked when ordered and restaurant food delicious. Very well located to places of interest to visit. I had a heavenly treat spa and no better words could describe it.

Staff very help and polite and hotel immaculate
    • Double or Twin Room

A little far out but would still recommend it ...beautiful hotel

Staff very help and polite and hotel immaculate

Hotel with great buzz despite distance from town center
    • Double or Twin Room

A lot further out of town than advertised

Lovely room, attentive staff, class food

Bed very comfortable and pastries very fresh and flaky

Bed very comfortable and pastries very fresh and flaky

Great value for money

rooms a little dated

the breakfast was excellent

Comfortable and would return
    • Double or Twin Room

It was very hot and it was difficult to cool the room

Comfort and a very large room.

Great place to stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything great friendly staff great food rooms excellent.

Lovely hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely hotel. Fantastic scenic location. Great food. Very nice staff.very well appointed room

Excellent location

Excellent location

Fab
    • Double or Twin Room

We had a lovely room. Great food

Lovely place super staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely place super staff Highly recommended

The fact u weren't allowed to take a glass water up to...
    • Double or Twin Room

The fact u weren't allowed to take a glass water up to us room

Very enjoyable

Large spacious room

1st class will definitely be back

Better location within hotel

Everything except view from bedroom which was ou5 on the conservatory roof

Everything.

Nothing..

Everything..excellent food, comfy bed, quiet room..

Will definitely go again totally peaceful stay
    • Double or Twin Room

I can honestly say nothing

The food was first class and the staff were very accommodating

Nice friendly hotel. Comfortable clean accommodation
    • Double or Twin Room

Very pleasent staff. Very clean hotel.

Best hotel ever

Excellent venue highly recommended

Everything was lovrly
    • Double or Twin Room

We were very disappointed with the view out of our window; the bins

Everything was lovrly

Comfortable spacious rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

Comfortable spacious rooms. All staff were very welcoming and helpful

The space and the attention to detail.

The space and the attention to detail.

Good quality hotel

No problems

Nice quiet room. Good bar food and breakfast.

A lovely welcoming hotel... will definitely be back!
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely food and atmosphere. The staff were so helpful and friendly, couldn't have done enough for you!

worth the visit.
    • Double or Twin Room

room comfortable,breakfast lovely especially porridge,staff very friendly and helpful.

Really homely feel

Really homely feel

Was there for a wedding for the first time and loved it
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds weren’t very big. Could barely fit me and my partner in the same bed.

Food was lovely