Reviews of The Brehon 4 stars

Based on 1959 hotel reviews

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

It was beautiful.
    • Deluxe Double Room

My mom had a breathing machine that had to be used while she slept. The only way to have the power on required that a light be on. We tried multiple ways to turn it off, but had no success.

It was beautiful. The food was delicious.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

superb
    • Deluxe Double Room

Leisure suite was lovely. Food was very good quality - amazing spread for breakfast. Everything about the place was quality. One of the best hotels we have stayed in.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Everything from bed to decor was wonderful.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Limited shampoo and conditioner in room though I am sure I could have asked for more.

Everything from bed to decor was wonderful. Breakfast was fabulous apart from the coffee

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Pleasant
    • Deluxe Double Room

Our room was on 2nd floor right next to lift shaft. Wasn't impressed that I could hear the lift going up & down. Not suitable for anyone who doesn't have a deep sleep

Friendly staff. Good breakfast, overall lovely hotel

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Relaxing and revitalizing. Will definitely return ASAP!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The cracked sink in my bathroom wasn’t a good look but didn’t interfere with my enjoyment overall.

The comfy sofas in the foyer and the fires were lovely. The spa was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Beautiful views of park and mountains.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Beautiful views of park and mountains. The staff is nice...welcomed us with a special greeting on chocolate platter for our anniversary. pub is quiet at night if you're looking for a relaxing place.

Enjoyable stay. Recommendable
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nice, quiet, good for driving with ample parking space, clean, reception and restaurant staff very good. Housekeeping service omited small details. Very good breakfast.

Everything was lovely!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything was lovely! Our room was large and the bed was very comfortable; the view of the mountains was gorgeous. Staff was really friendly, especially the waiters! It was very convenient to have a bathtub and a shower. Would definitely recommend and stay there again!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Excellent hotel. A very high standard. We will definitely be going back
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was nothing with which to find fault Only regret is we were unable to stay longer than we did due to work commitments

The room was excellent with very good housekeeping staff The size of the room made it feel like a suite The willingness of all staff to be helpful made for a very pleasant experience Would highly recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Nice, would stay again depending on price!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Check at 4 is a little on the late side. Pricey hotel! And annoying that seems to be differing rates depending on when you book.

Breakfast was lovely, lobby spacious and bar nice. Room tastefully decorated and spacious. Very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The breakfast was amazing!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The decor was a little dated but large rooms which were clean and comfortable.

The breakfast was amazing! Lots of choice and yummy!! Loved the pancake machine!!!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Nearly Everything, best place I’ve stayed in for a long time
    • Deluxe Double Room

It was a sunny day, and you’d notice that the windows on the building weren’t particularly clean when they caught the sun

Nearly Everything, best place I’ve stayed in for a long time

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

When you feel that you had good value even for upper range price........
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Nothing that deserves a note

the Hotel is really nice , with some flavour of Hollywood style in the Lobby. Large and comfortable room . very good breakfast . large parking facility.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Great hotel. Great location. Warm and friendly service.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing. Everything was excellent.

Everything! Upon learning that we were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary we were upgraded to a suite and were treated with great attention throughout our stay. We will definitely recommend this hotel.

A Gem of a hotel!

Leaving!

Myself & my partner love your hotel! We make an extra effort when in Killarney to stay in the Brehon & love each & every visit! Wonderful staff

Really enjoyed very relaxing have already booked again to go in November for a friend's birthday
    • Deluxe Twin Room

No fridge in the room there used always be one and I have to say did not enjoy the bar food

Room was lovely very clean and tidy loved the pool very relaxing enjoyed our stay very much one of my favorite hotels in killarney to stay In

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The hotel is central
    • Deluxe Double Room

You can enter the rooms at 4 this is a bit late, the carpet in the room had stains, the room-rate is a bit to pricey

Very nice and tasty breakfast, Bed's are comfy

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The cleanliness of the room and hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The lack of personal service. The average selection of food in the bar and restaurant. The token gesture to providing parking for people with a disability - only two spaces and always in use.

The cleanliness of the room and hotel. Mary greeting you for breakfast each morning.

We stayed here as a base for our drive around the Ring of...
    • Deluxe Double Room

We stayed here as a base for our drive around the Ring of Kerry.This hotel is part of a very large Gleneagles group complex that includes another hotel and apartments, with an adjoining golf course.It seems to be mainly used by larger groups and for events, such as the wedding for which it was being prepared during our trip. It' is That said, it is efficiently organized, our check in was quick and, our room ready ahead of time. Our room was very large and comfortable, and well lit with a view of the golf course. Being outside Killarney city, there were no nearby restaurants, so we looked for a meal in the hotel. It has one restaurant and a bar which serves food, where we dined.The menu was limited, but adequate for the appetite if not the palate.Breakfast next morning, in the restaurant was plentiful. Staff was most helpful and friendly through out our stay

Will be back again!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The room was uncomfortably warm & the air conditioning would only go to 17c.

The hotel was spotlessly clean. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast was delicious

Excellent staff all very helpful and cheerful.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Breakfasts excellent but restaurant menu disappointing and appeared not consistent with the general high quality of the hotel.

Excellent staff all very helpful and cheerful. Hotel very well appointed and comfortable.

A really good stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room

I can never quite understand why rooms do not have plugs for hairdryers in front of a mirror..I had to get down on my hands and knees to unplug a lamp in order to plug in my hairdryer.

The Brehon is great if you are going to the INEC to a show, which we were, so easy just to walk across to the venue.

So impressed.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I did not know much about the hotel when I booked it, but I was so impressed by the service and quality. We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival, then went down to dinner in the bar. The food and wine were wonderful; I had a perfectly cooked and very tender rib eye steak. Much better than I expected at a large hotel. Breakfast also exceeded my expectations; it was the first properly cooked fried egg I had on our two week trip and it was on a buffet! This is a large hotel in a popular tourist destination but the service and quality were amazing! This was an overnight stay on our way to County Clare but we were so happy with it.

"We Loved The Brehon and We Will Be Back"
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing really! Unfortunately, I was quite ill for a few days during our stay, had a tummy bug(not associated with the Hotel)which meant I could not eat any breakfast on 3morns of our stay! When my hubby was paying cash for our stay, on the morn of our departure, he pointed this out to the lovely lady at Reception & asked her if she could take €20 off our total amount due but, unfortunately, she said she couldn't do this!

Liked everything about The Brehon Hotel, from the moment we entered the Spacious Lobby! The Receptionists were so very cheerful & helpful, getting the Porter to help us bring our Luggage to our Room! The Bedroom was clean, beautiful & very well laid out! I loved the fact that we had a fridge/cooler in our room, as it enabled us to keep our drinking water & snacks cool during our stay! Our Bed was so very comfortable & quite large! Bathroom had a Bath but also a Separate Shower Unit which I loved, as the Water was always nice & hot! Breakfast was self-service & there was so much food to choose from, nobody would go away hungry! I noticed on a few mornings, when there was children having brekkie, one of the waiters brought them colouring books & crayons, which I thought was a wonderful gesture! All of the waiters, male & female were so friendly! A special word of thanks to Mary, who showed us to our table every morning & who also guided people who had never been to The Brehon before, through all that was available to eat for their brekkie!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

I came home a chilled out woman.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Look....The Brehon is a fabulous spot.. Really lovely staff, food, our room.. The Highlight for me was the Spa and everything there in. .... . A girl called Aim gave me an hour long facial and it was just superb...first class... . I want to come back.. The place is so well located , just 8 euros for a taxi into town but you could walk handy enough... 5 out of 5 for sure

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Not worth the money.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lack of atmosphere in the bar. Bar food not great for the price. Relaxation room in spa next to reception-not v relaxing. Overpriced for a mid week stay.

Good breakfast. Decent size room. Friendly reception.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Went here on our anniversary and were greeted with...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Went here on our anniversary and were greeted with chocolates and personalised Happy Anniversary card. Beautiful hotel and friendly staff. Enjoyed the complimentary use of the vitality suite

A wonderful holiday in the best hotel in Killarney!
    • Deluxe Double Room

We had no fault with the hotel. We were initially right beside the air conditioning unit on our first night and with the help of wonderful staff we were upgraded for free and slept so well all week!!

Where do I start, the bed was incredible so big and comfortable! The food was amazing we are in the hotel every morning and most evenings! The spa was superb and not to forget the staff who are simply brilliant!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Beautiful Hotel In A Beautiful Location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Excellent location - within walking distance of main town centre. Beautiful rooms. Spa was excellent and the massage was amazing (exceeded my expectations).

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Overall enjoyed out stay and loved Killarney
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room was a bit disappointing, would put it on par with a Jurys Inn and expected a bit more for a Deluxe room. Bags only brought up to the room after we had returned from a hike and followed up on them.

Liked the location. Food was excellent and staff very attentive. Spa and pool were lovely too.

I would give this hotel 11/10 - they go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as they can
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was a noise in our ceiling of our bedroom on the first night - pipes banging that was a bit annoying. And the pillows I found were not that comfortable they seemed very hard conspared to other hotels I have stayed at. Tv Chanel’s were not that good. you had to purchase the better Chanel’s if you wanted them so no real selection for watching tele especially if you were there on a business trip.

I loved every bit of this hotel from the hotel itself to the room to the excellent food at the bar and of course the gorgeous breakfast which is cooked freshly first thing in the morning! And also they were truly amazing when I asked them to make it extra special by helping me with a little note and chocolates on arrival in the room for my fiancé’s 30 and they went out of there way for us with a lovely plate with treats and a message saying “happy birthday” written in chocolate, a personal note, chocolates and a bottle of wine - it really blew our mind that they went over and beyond for us truly made us love the place even more!

TERRIBLE A NIGHTMARE EXPERIENCE I DO NOT WANT TO REPEAT EVER AGAIN EVER
    • Deluxe Twin Room

We got LITTLE SLEEP THE FIRST NIGHT, FRIDAY, AND NO SLEEP AT ALL EVER ALL NIGHT FOR TWO NIGHTS!! The BAR WAS OPEN ALL NIGHT. FRIDAY NIGHT THE WEDDING PARTY DIED DOWN ABOUT 2.30AM AND THEN GUESTS SAT OUTSIDE TALKING, SINGING AND SWEARING. THE GLASS IN THE GLAZING WAS NOT STOPPING ONE WORD OF THE NOISE. THE DAY STAFF APOLOGISED AND OFFERED TO MOVVE US TO A QUIETER ROOM, THEY MOVED US. THE GLAZING WAS EXACTLY AS USELESS AS THE FIRST ROOM. YOU COULD HEAR EVERY WORD FROM THE PATIO AND IN THE STREET. THE SECOND WEDDING ON SATURDAY NIGHT I WAITED UNTIL 3.15AM TO PHONE RECEPTION AND COMPLAIN. ADAM ON RECEPTION, SAID THEY WERE GOING TO BED. I ASKED HIM TO GO OUT AND ASK THEM TO GO TO BED. 10 MINUTES LATER THE NOISE WAS WORSE. I RANG AGAIN. HE SAID HE WOULD GO AND GET THE MANAGER SEAN, SEAN SAID HE WOULD SHUT THEM UP, IT GOT WORSE. I RANG AGAIN AT 4,30AM AND ASKED THAT SEAN DO SOMETHING NOW OR I WOULD COME DOWN MYSELF. THE NOISE GOT MUCH WORSE. i CALLED RECEPTION AGAIN AND SAID I WOULD CALL THE POLICE. i ALSO WENT DOWN IN A WHITE BATH ROBE AND PYJAMAS. SEAN WENT OUTSIDE AND TALKED TO SOME PPL NEAR A CAR NOT THE NOISY PPL. i GUESSED HE MUST HAVE ALREADY SPOKEN TO THEM. I RETURNED TO OUR ROOM. THE NOISE PERSISTED AND BECAME LOUDER. I CALLED THE POLICE, (GARDA.). , i WENT DOWN AGAIN IN A COAT AND PYJAMAS. THE POLICE HAD ENTERED AND LEFT, THEN ANOTHER POLICE CAR CAME. I WENT ROUND GUESTS ASKING THEM TO GO TO SLEEP PLEASE IN A VERY POLITE WAY THIS WAS AROUND 5AM. IT TRANSPIRED THAT THE KILDARE GAELIC FOOTBALL TEAM HAD WON A MATCH AND THE FIRST POLICE VAN HAD COLLECTED THEM FROM KILLARNEY WHERE THEY WERE CAUSING A DISTURBANCE AND BROUGHT THEM BACK TO THIER HOTEL, THE BREHON. WE WERE IN ROOM 314, THEY IN 315. OH JOY. I KNOCKED ON THEIR DOOR AND PLEADED WITH THEM TO BE QUIET. NO SUCH LUCK. BY THIS TIME IS WAS 5.30AM. PEOPLE WERE COMING TO WORK AT THE HOTEL. WE WERE TOLD WE WERE IN A QUIET ROOM, LIE.WE WERE SHOWN TO A GRANDER ROOM WHICH WOULD BE QUIETER, LIES, ALL LIES.

The building was beautiful and beautifully furnished and decorated. It promised to be luxurious just by its looks. SADLY NO SUCH THING. The day staff were lovely except one man who put the phone down on you before you finished speaking. Dominic? or Sebastion? You dont do that lad!! We loved Kamila and the lovely lady ushering you into breakfast. Kamila did her best to right the wrongs for us but they were unrightable.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Wouldn’t stay again..
    • Deluxe Double Room

From what I had heard about this hotel it was very disappointing.. the food was very mediocre for the cost. I expected a lot more considering the good name the place has

Comfortable, relaxing.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Receptionist was quite rude on arrival no information as too restaurant or breakfast, leisure centre.

Spa was excellent, staff great at spa. Breakfast was very good.

Rooms were clean and spacious.

No complaints!

Rooms were clean and spacious. Leisure facilities were excellent, vitality pool/sauna etc.. Breakfast was included in the room rate and the food was fab! We did have to wait a short while for a table to become available but there was tea/coffee served during that time which was nice! Bit outside of town but taxi in is €5-€7 which is perfect and can be ordered from reception. Receptionist very helpful on tips of what to see and do in the area.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Nothing everything was perfect

Beautiful staff especially the very nice elderly lady that welcomed us at the breakfast area she was so lovely and pleasant and really funny every hotel should have one of her

Relaxing, Luxurious friendly
    • Deluxe Double Room

I had inadvertently booked the hotel for the previous night and the staff and manager knew it was a genuine mistake and accommodated us free of charge

I had a very nice stay & left feeling that I had "recharged my batteries"
    • Deluxe Double Room

On the Friday I left the hotel @ 9am to walk in the Gap of Dunloe & returned @ 3pm but my room had still not be cleaned which was rather disappointing. I was looking forward to a nice shower & rest but instead ended up vacating the room again till after 4pm so that it could be done

The staff were very friendly & welcoming in a very sincere way

Nice Hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The location in front of the green mountains was amazing ,, breakfast very good. The location is good as it’s a way from the city center around 15 minutes walk , So, it is in quit area.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Picture Perfect😍
    • Deluxe Double Room

Superb hotel right down to the smalliest detail. Restaurant staff were so fantastic nothing was too much trouble. This was our fifth visit and our anniversary and we already booked for christmas 😍😍😍

The Spa treatments were incredible 😍 Best ever

Not the usual standard that we've known to expect.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This wasn't our first time staying here, and I found its standards have dropped a little. We had to eat dinner out in the main entrance of reception as the restaurant was too full, they couldn't accommodate for how busy the hotel was, and at breakfast we had to wait 20-25 minutes for a table, when we got in, no one asked tea or coffee, we had to request that ( and the only reason I bring it up is because that's the standard the Brehon usually is at, always on the ball) There was no menu out for extra breakfast options, again had to request this, and again only because we knew these are usually available. It was a very special night for us to be away, but for the price we paid for 1 night, thinking we'd get the usual standard, we would have been nearly better off staying in a smaller hotel on the Muckross Road that may have had a better attention to detail.

Large spacious room, beautiful view, very comfortable bed

Enjoyable stay but seems a little short of overall four-star quality
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very slow service for bar food - think we were forgotten. No apology offered for the delay. We were only aware of buffet breakfast yet saw another guest receiving a special order egg breakfast!

The bedroom, the reception area, the spa and the bar/restaurant were four star standard

A comfortable but expensive stay slightly too far from the centre of town.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The price was increased purely because of the bank holiday and the hotel was noisy as a consequence. This didn’t reflect value for money.

The staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. It was easy to rent bikes.

BREHON
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room Service knocked while I was in the bath ....to see if room was empty ........ 🙄

Great base to see all the attractions in Kerry . staff friendly , helpful and professional . Breakfast well worth booking .... second stay at this hotel .... recommend !!

Amazing food - breakfast and dinner.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing major to complain about, parking was a bit tricky as it is a busy hotel but we got a space around the back both days.

Amazing food - breakfast and dinner. Really friendly, genuine staff. Large comfy bed, new refurbished bathroom. Spa area high spec free for guests. Good gym for a hotel! Nice sized room plenty of space.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Generous sized bedroom.
    • Deluxe Double Room

While swimming pool is part of the hotel complex located in the Gleneagle hotel...it’s a bit of a trek through the car park especially in the rain!

Generous sized bedroom. Friendly staff, lovely atmosphere and fab breakfast!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Thank you for a beautiful relaxing stay , the breakfast...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Thank you for a beautiful relaxing stay , the breakfast staff where just so heartwarming . Will return for sure . Looking forward to our return already 💕

The best we have ever had

This Hotel comes without faults

The room was front of Hotel location with lovely view The bed comfort was just amazing had the most restful relaxing sleep while there The room ticked all the boxes and was in a lovely quiet peaceful location Would return to your Hotel in the morning and hope to do in the near future.

Spa was absolutely brilliant, we really enjoyed the messages.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Food was really cold the first night, but they fixed the issue immediately. It’s also probably best to avoid Mr and Mrs titles, I booked this for our anniversary and when we got to our room there was a card saying Mr and Mrs- when we are two females. Together. It’s 2018 it’s probably best to avoid assumptions. Another hotel we stayed at also left a welcome card but didn’t use titles, so maybe a friendly suggestion so as to not upset anyone.

Spa was absolutely brilliant, we really enjoyed the messages.

Everything was great.

We had no issues

Everything was great. Room was beautiful. We also had dinner in the restaurant and it was lovely. All the staff were very helpful and friendly. Absolutely lovely stay

Wonderful time in a great hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bar food wasnt great, it was nice but just wasnt great, I wouldnt eat there again.

Breakfast in bed was delicious and the hotel gave us a free upgrade to a suite which was unexpected and amazing, also the SPA is amazing and so nice and it was worth every penny!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Wonderful location with a great bar and excellent food.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was busy and could have had a bigger selection. We were asked to wait for a table three out of four mornings.

Wonderful location with a great bar and excellent food. Beautiful spa facilities and pool. One of the most comfortable hotel beds we’ve experienced

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

room was great, lovely hotel, staff great
    • Deluxe Double Room

pool closed at 8pm and we would have loved to swim after a day hiking, bowls at breakfast werent very clean and all wet

room was great, lovely hotel, staff great

Brehon hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hotel was fabulous, great location staff very helpful, room was perfect and the bed very comfortable absolutely recommended this hotel and will certainly return again.

Very good
    • Deluxe Double Room

Price and location, which cant be helped but overall a thoroughly enjoyable night away

Beautiful premises and the room was lovely, spacious and clean. Lovely AC and not a bad view

Comfortable Stay in Beautiful Killarney
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bit odd to have to go through a wedding reception on second floor to get to the elevators

Staff at breakfast were really nice and friendly. Good selection at breakfast. Pool area was nice and relaxing.

If we were visiting Killarney again, I would revisit this Hotel
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Good quiet location, excellent views from our room at the front of the hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful. Delightful evening in the restaurant with good food. Breakfast buffet superb with plenty of choices

In one word, amazing.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing . We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the breakfast was out of this world.

The room was very quiet and the comfort of the bed was something else.

Adequate

Needed some remodeling.

This is a large hotel not far from the center of town, about a 20-30 minute walk depending on the walker. Decor and layout date back quite a few years. Breakfast was good both buffet and a la carte. Dinner menue was good. I tried their lamb. It was cooked perfectly. It has a large parking lot. The staff was very accommodating.

Best hotel in Killarney. You will not be disappointed.

everything was perfect

this hotel is by far the greatest hotel in Ireland. The staff are so professional and so helpful. We strongly recommend this hotel to every traveller. you will not be disappointed. Thanks to Karen Hussey for exemplary customer service. She is a credit to The Brehon. Karen we will be back again. Thank you so much.

Lovely luxurious hotel in great location
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Wasn't able to have a manicure as nail technician was on holiday, should have more than one considering they promote the spa so much and tried to go for a swim but spa doesn't open until 7am - need to make sure guests know this

The Brehon is a lovely and very luxurious 4 star hotel. The bar and restaurant were lovely and the staff very professional. It's only a 10 minute walk in to the town centre so ideal for those who want to explore Killarney although the restaurant food was delicious and breakfast choice amazing including fresh honeycomb which was gorgeous. We had a great view of the hills from our room which was a bonus, hope to return one day, thank you all

Hotel is lovely and relaxing.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Only disappointing thing was the service in the bar restaurant. They were busy but staff were no where to be seen. We waited ages to order our desserts and cocktails. Table next to us left as they were waiting so long for their desserts. We ordered a mojito and apparently staff had to search the place for some mint. We would have liked to have ordered more but the wait was too long. Food was fine.

Hotel is lovely and relaxing. Air con in room was a lovely bonus. The pool was fab. Breakfast was tasty and lots of choice.

lovely break away
    • Deluxe Double Room

very little variety of non alcoholic beer or wine.. that was my only thing couldn't fault hotel in any other way

location, spa pool area was fab.. wide choice at breskfast

Already looking into my next stay at the Brehon I’m just home a day!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not that I didn’t like it but I just feel maybe the bar food didn’t quiet live up to the the 10/10 experience of the rest of the hotel. It was still lively and didn’t take from the stay but just feel it’s the only are to be worked a bit on :) would without question be booking there again though!

The atmosphere was so relaxing around the Brehon the location is breathtaking even from our room window! The hotel is to die for facilities, spa area and room are a 10/10!

The breakfast service is remarkable, especially the intro...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The breakfast service is remarkable, especially the intro from Mary who showed us around and explained ur options in the most welcoming way. Rooms and bathroom were superb- really glad to have chosen the Brehon! :) The shuttle service into town was an added bonus. Seeing the rolling hills of the nationalp ark from the window really made my time here even better.

Always a pleasure
    • Deluxe Double Room

Official check in time of 4 is quite late considering the price of the stay.

Great hotel with lovely staff, comfortable rooms and fantastic location right across from the park!

Everything was amazing
    • Deluxe Double Room

Location, staff, property just outstanding in my opinion this is a 5 star hotel cannot fault this hotel, second visit and not our last thank you so much keep up the great work

Veey relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable stay. We didn't want to leave!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Decor a bit in need of a refresh, its all very brown and purple. But that's a personal opinion. I really liked this hotel.

Lovely comfortable hotel, lovely spacious room, really clean, lovely bed linen. Fantastic Breakfast, rrally good valur abd Very friendly and helpful staff. No complaints whatsoever.

Had dinner in Danu Restaurant - food was delicious and staff...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Was a pity that I did not have time to make use of the spa/pool (closed at 2000h)

Had dinner in Danu Restaurant - food was delicious and staff were attentive. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Breakfast selection was good - loved the waffle maker and honeycomb.

A wonderful place to stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

It is a wonderful hotel. The staff is friendly and helped with all of our local arrangements. You can have the horse drawn wagons pick you up at the hotel for a w I'll wonderful scenic tour through the park and town.

The brethon
    • Deluxe Double Room

I could not fault this hotel.

Our check in was very welcoming.the rooms wre spotless and airy.food in bar was good.the breakfast was fab.well laid ouf lots of fresh fruit.great hot food.i would love 2 stay with this hotel again.

Fabulous hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff and very friendly and helpful, the spa is fabulous, the view from our room was fantastic and the beds were super comfy. I love this hotel and will definitely go back

i enjoyed it, no complaints
    • Deluxe Double Room

nothing , everything was very good.

My wife wanted to eat salmon and as salmon was not on the menu in the restaurant and the bar, The Brehon went and got salmon from another hotel. This was top notch service and I doubt if any other hotel would have done likewise. The hotel car park was very well organised and easy to access. There was a Harvey Davidson tour stationed in Killarney and cars were parked everywhere but hotel organised car park for guests well.

Good quality hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The rooms are slightly dated. Its a good quality hotel but not luxurious. I got a good rate 275 for 2 nights inc breakfast. They say usually 400. I wouldn't have been happy to pay 400. Atmosphere it was very busy. Think this is good one for the tour buses groups

The Brehons exterior leads you to great excitement, however the interior, specifically the rooms are slightly dated. But they very very spacious. Lovely robes and slippers provided and the bed was comfy. I didn't get to use the spa but it was included and seems very nice

• Deluxe Double Room

The only slight negative: Could do with more vegan options, and for the potatoes on the buffet not to be beside the black pudding, as it meant there were pieces of meat in the potatoes so I couldn't eat them.

The staff were excellent. From check in (a lovely girl with long dark hair) to check out (the same girl!) and everything in between, they could not have been nicer. The breakfast staff were very friendly, especially Mary on the door, despite the chaos of a Sunday breakfast shift!