Reviews of The Glenview Hotel & Leisure Club 4 stars

#2 of 3 hotels in Newtown Mount Kennedy

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Exceptional.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a fire false alarm at 2am; however there was a note at our door to apologise for the inconvenience and we felt the staff handled the matter with the utmost professionalism. Very well managed!

The breakfast pastries were exceptional, and the view was just gorgeous at breakfast. We really were absolutely blown away by the experience and will certainly look to stay with you again!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Awful Fawlty Towers without Basil and his humour
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything. The place is very badly run and the manager on duty very unprofessional in his dealings. My bed when I went to get into it had been slept in already sheets where dirty towels in bathroom where dirty. Curtains looked like someone had got sick on them and where hanging off the rail. Called reception at 12.40 when went to retire and a very nice night porter came up agreed with me about the bed etc and promptly moved us to another room. Went looking for the duty manager next morning to be greeted by a girl who had not got a clue. Explained my dilemma and said that I wasn't happy paying for a room that someone else's sheets where still on the bed and dirty towels etc. She offered me 20 euro off my bill. What an insult I asked for the duty manager again to be told that he wasn't in the hotel at that moment but when she called him he said he would be there in and hour and a half. So they expected me to sit in reception for this time waiting to see him. At this stage I demanded my money back which they wouldn't give me but instead gave me a voucher. I am still waiting for the manager to call me nearly 3 weeks later later.

Lovely setting, nice walks and views.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The leisure club isn’t really geared to guests. Full of pool club members and masses of kids - ideally the sauna and steam should be away from the noise and tumult of all the kids in the pool (since it’s advertised as a spa - but it’s not really). So would not go to this hotel expecting a spa.

Lovely setting, nice walks and views. History interesting. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

bed very comfy and room great
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

couldnt get a bar snack or toasted sandwich aft 4 had to have a full evening meal and so had to travel back into town for pub grub or something light

bed very comfy and room great

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

The grounds were beautiful with a lovely garden and walking...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was rock hard, and the pillows hard and flat as well so I slept terribly every night. The hotel was also very stuffy with no apparent circulation. The breakfast was overpriced for what it was.

The grounds were beautiful with a lovely garden and walking trails accessible right outside. The hotel itself is beautiful and cozy.

3.5
    Faulty Towers ...Glenview style !!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room 307was smaller than expected with view of overgrown trees / shrubs covered in briars ...right outside window Ensuite was dated with dirty marble tiles & grouting . Toilet bowl was unstable & handle loose. Shower fittings on wall in bath we’re broken. When we eventually got it to turn on we were drowned in scalding water which took ages to turn off & put water all over the place ! Bed linen was clean but mattress & pillows could certainly do with being replaced !! The replacement room wasn’t a lot better (although smaller)as all others were booked due to wedding. We would have gladly left but unfortunately the cost had been taken from our account at time of booking ! We’re not fussy people but we like everything to be of a reasonable standard. Breakfast at €15 per head was a total rip off. Cooked food was almost inedible.... they couldn’t even poach an egg .

Dinner in restaurant was fabulous & very good value. Leisure Center very good but could do with a little upgrade!

Staff is amazing! So sweet and friendly
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Well with upgrades comes some interruptions...our room has brand new carpet so the smell was a little overwhelming but it was brand new carpet not their fault.

We got the LAST two rooms for the night so we did face trees but that’s okay we weren’t there to look at the view but it was beautiful from the bar and the breakfast room!

The whole experience was terrible the staff hasn’t a clue it...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The whole experience was terrible the staff hasn’t a clue it was like faulty towers gone wrong, the staff was serving him and tonic in white wine glasses, and half pint glass at one point in the night the staff actually asks me to go and get my glass I was drinking out of when I ordered a drink from the bar they ran out of glass, the manager was a rude as they come the whole expensive was shocking for been to a wedding 3 staff serving the whole wedding and one was just so rude threw our dinner in the table I wouldn’t recommend the place to anyone the bar was filthy it was a total discrace I’ll never be back

Enjoyable stay

No complaints.

Everything lovely food. Great location and beautiful surroundings. Beds very comfortable and rooms very spacious. Great value for money we stayed Tuesday night.

Handy location for any business in Bray I guess.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Dated and tired hotel with a bizarre bar layout , and completely abysmal breakfast with steamed sausages, steamed bacon, steamed everything ! Food should be kept warm.. not boiled in steam . No greeting on arrival.. not worth paying extra for. Easy to remedy this.

Handy location for any business in Bray I guess.

The pool was great!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The front of the bathtub was rusted, the trim on the furniture was missing in several places. We went to go swimming and was informed that we needed to have swim caps at €3 each. The price you pay to stay, they should give you caps. My spouse is practically bald, why did he need a cap anyway? When we got into the pool area, there were men with no caps! Sounds like a money grab to me. It should be specified in your info that they are required. It was our most expensive night during our vacation, and they didn't even offer a continental breakfast. Everywhere else offered "full" breakfasts.

The pool was great!

lovely hotel in beautiful surrounds with great staff and excellent food.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- nespresso machine didn't work - shower head was spilling water out of the top

- staff very welcoming, warm and friendly and efficient - from the reception lady to the young man at breakfast - food (especially starters and dessert) was EXCELLENT! - shower was POWERFUL and hot, and the shampoo/conditioner/gel was - make sure you go for a walk in the gardens!

Comfortable hotel with great views
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We only ate in the bar once. The chief waiter was very stressed. He never spoke to us when he brought our meals and practically threw the plates at us. We asked three different waiters for a glass of water before it was brought. However, the restaurant was excellent.

The service in the bar was poor, very good in the restaurant and only okay in the breakfast room. There are lovely views and gardens but the hotel is surrounded by busy roads and no nearby village to stroll into. The bedroom was big and nicely furnished with a large comfy bed. There are lots of interesting places to visit a short drive away. The countryside is stunning.

Very poor
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We arrived to be told that we had no shower in our room but breakfast was to be added for the inconvenience. Then we had very poor service when we went for dinner , we had to ask to be shown to our table , only to be left waiting for about a half an hour without anybody coming back to take our order for drinks or food, even though the restaurant wasn’t busy at the time. My partner had to order drinks from the bar and tell the bar staff that we were ready to order food. The service was fine then, but we were not offered desert even though we had prepaid for two 3 course meals. Then there was the whole fire alarm ordeal with the night porter even coming to our room to say the problem was coming from there which it clearly was not. Then the staff  wouldn’t answer the phone down in reception , so my partner had to get dressed and go down to reception to be told the issue was a wedding party spraying aerosols!! Although we got an apology letter under our door there was a further alarm at approx. 6.30am . I have never an experience like this in a hotel before and to have our sleep broken between 12.30am and 1.30 am with 5 alarms!! And again at 6.30am is just inexcusable. Also upon checkout the receptionist said we had a charge for breakfast and I had to explain that it was complementary because we had no shower in our room , surely this should have been noted before hand. No reply from hotel as of yet

Wont be back
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff weren't very helpful and no custmoer service manner, very young staff, seem to do long hours... they need directions from Managers... Very helpful once you got to know them. Bar food, selections wise isn't great, no alot on the menu... over priced.

Hotel was chilled out, nice walks around the garden, garden benches to chill and relax. Leisure centre was very nice.

Fair.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

On checking into our rooms, the toilet in the bathroom had not been flushed, which made us question the quality of cleanliness. The bedroom curtain was slightly damaged and needed repairing and/or replacing. The table in the bar where we ate was sticky and there was a lot of debris from previous patrons on the floor. I realise Saturday night is one of the busiest nights of the week and there was also a wedding function at the hotel, but I felt that there weren't enough staff employed - on the busiest night of the week - to maintain the high standards of a reputedly four star hotel. The fire alarm went off repeatedly during our overnight stay, several times between the hours of midnight and 1.00am and again at 6.00am. Clearly there was a fault in the system and steps should have been taken immediately to rectify the problem.

The location of the hotel was lovely and the hotel facilities were very good. The food was very high quality and reasonably priced.

Will stay again, super staff, lovely location, clean hotel. Lovely food. Relaxing :)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

At around 2.30am on Monday the fire alarm went off for whatever reason.......woke up like a shot and went out of the room - but one of the managers turned it off. Obviously just a glitch. Not a big thing though. Cannot say a bad thing about the whole weekend! :)

Attended my best friend's wedding, the ceremony, drinks reception, dinner and afters were PERFECT. The food was delicious, hats off the to chef! Absolutely brilliant. Rachel O'Riordan was superb, as were all other members of staff. Start to finish - brilliant. Breakfast had plenty of choice - breads, yogurts, juices, fruits, eggs, and of course everything you need for a full grill!! :) Room was clean and tidy, really good shower, tv had plenty of channels, bed was cosy. And even though we were in room 118 - ground floor near enough reception - it was quiet! Walks around the grounds at the front of the hotel were lovely, and great scenary all around. Beautiful.

Very happy with our stay at The Glenview.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing. Everything was great.

I booked 3 rooms for family members which were all great. The room my parents got was a beautiful suite and I am very grateful the staff did that for them.

Lovely location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Pictures of the hotel do not match what you see when you arrive. Very ran down, not maintained. Easy solutions to problems such as poor paintwork etc. Did not feel I got value for money as it did not see like a 4 star hotel.

Lovely location. Friendly staff. Very comfortable

disappointing
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room slept 5 people. Very strange decor and furnishings. Bath sealant crumbling and mouldy, Breakfast poor. make your own toast in the slowest toaster in the world.

Amazing views from a comfy bed
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a bit of a let down, they ran out of pastries, fruit and cold meats and cheeses by 9.30am. However when we mentioned this to the woman at the front desk she was very nice, understanding and accommodating.

Everything . The bed was outrageously comfortable, the room was immaculate and beautifully decorated, the view is stunning. The staff were top notch and so helpful. Will 100% stay here again

Clean room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I was at another hotel for a wedding in nearby hotel and didn't arrive at the glenview till quite late...I had booked online with free cancellation...when we arrived there was no booking for us and the man on reception had to call the duty manager and he told us we were too late checking in...I said I've already paid for the room...they had resold the room obviously! They did manage to get us a room but it was for a disabled person

Clean room

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Very very dissapointed
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Reception area and hallways smelled bad. Furniture in room dated and worn. Curtains were torn. Bathroom was old and dated. Shower curtains!!

Location. Scenery

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Very clean and comfortable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Lack of mini fridge in the room

Best night sleep ever. Very cozy and comfortable bed and room. Good size bedroom and bathroom. Clean and nicely decorated. Gym and spa was great. Fast check in too.

Pleasant enjoyable friendly until breakfast
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Paid extra following morning for breakfast have to be the worst breakfast I’ve seen in a motel in my life stream is disappointing and a waste of money

Excellent leisure facilities comfortable bed pleasant staff barman in residence bar was excellent

My stay at the glenview Hotel was most enjoyable,and I would recommend it highly.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower was not easy to adjust,and could be dangerous because of the high pressure.

The room was fantastic,the chairs were very comfortable.The staff were friendly and helpfull,

Absolutely dreadful really sad as it could be very different but they are
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything could be better totally unclean in public areas.

I travel regularly and often stay in hotels. This is the worst hotel I have stayed in. The carpet in the public areas such as lounge, bistro covered in stains and not vacuumed. Carpet in small lift absolutely filthy. Meal in main restaurant totally overcooked, dry, no taste whatsoever. When pointed these issues to staff the standard reply was 'contact general manager'.

The meal on the restaurant last night.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was no where near the standard of a 4 star hotel. We went at 9.15 and bacon was like rubber and the sausages seemed to have been cooked at 6.00am. When leaving we let the team on reception know but at 24 euros for 2 don't waste your cash.

The meal on the restaurant last night. Food and service the best I have experienced in a while.

Extremely disappointing.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We were in a room that connected with another. The people in that might as well have been in our room. The noise was ridiculous. Plus the room was filthy, and it appears that the rooms and hotel are decades beyond needing refurbishment. Terrible.

Breakfast was a shambles.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a shambles. The management of the breakfast was inadequate and most staff were poorly trained. There was little initiative shown. You should not have to stand at the the buffet and call staff (who preferred not to notice) to replenish cooked food in the buffet. It happened every day as we waited for eggs and/or bacon each day. Standing waiting for this is not acceptable. My wife had eaten her breakfast while I stood waiting for bacon. Other guests had to wait some time to get a table for breakfast.

Really refreshing,relaxing few days.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The first evening the food service in the bar was slow,partly our own fault as we had not booked.We booked the following night and everything was perfect.So. book ,even if you are only eating in the bar.

The size and comfort of the room.The fact that so much peace and quiet could be found just off the main Wicklow to Dublin road.IT was so clean and fresh,and the air conditioning was so welcome as the weather was so hot.

Did exactly what I'd hoped for
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

One bar meal was very poor & had to be returned to kitchen

along with all the usual clean rooms, friendly staff etc, hotel is very well placed to either enjoy the Wicklow countryside in the evenings as well as easy access to the M50 for work in Dublin

Very relaxing stay, bar food exceptional..wonderful bar staff, ideal location,lovely walks.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bar drinks could be updated to accommodate gin lovers, particularly as it is so popular now, including flavoured gins.

Bed very comfortable, beautiful grounds, great location, helpful staff, great food.

Loved the decor.

Nothing!!

Loved the decor...the rooms beautiful...the beds comfy...water in the bedroom!! And a great T.V. lots of channels and fab Wi-Fi!! Staff are really nice and helpful....swimmjng pool was lovely...perfect!!

Pleased in some ways , but disappointed in others ,
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Place could do with a lick of paint, in a bad way, especially the outside windows, and doors, glass could do with a good cleaning, weeds growing up through the pavements, bar could do with updating, it's neither a bar or a restaurant, bar staff uniforms so unattractive, and even worse dirty, not what you want to see when your eating. Food very poor, and vegetarian option had very little to choose from , but not on their own there, most hotels could do with a lot more vegetarian options to choose from ,like a lot of hotels , could do with a good manager,

Staff were all lovely, rooms very nice, receptionist was very helpful when we asked her for some information,

Lovely spot! Will stay again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Situated beside the N11 so without a car you can't go anywhere. Drain from shower and toilet is quite loud, sounds like a tap is running during the night. But

Room was lovely, massive bed! Pool and hot tub were amazing and the gardens are beautiful.

Grounds of hotel were fabulous .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Food was off a very poor standard .Room service breakfast was cold and off poor standard

Grounds of hotel were fabulous .beds were clean and comfirtable

Lovely spot. Live piano playing at dinner.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had dinner in the restaurant on the first Friday of the month, the pianist contributed greatly to a lovely atmosphere and the view from the restaurant was gorgeous. The food was excellent and catered well for allergens (gluten). A 30 min drive from Dublin.

Average
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bar was also a restaurant, felt uncomfortable just having a drink as kept getting asked to order food. No entertainment on, television mute, atmosphere very subdued

Grounds were lovely

Excellent, will definitely be back.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was lovely, bed was very comfortable. The shower was amazing, good decent water pressure. Had breakfast delivered to the room on the 2nd day, was worth the extra charge! Staff were very friendly, professional & helpful with special mention to the staff in the bar who were all lovely.

Nice hotel, but be aware breackfast is extra if using booking.com & fry disapointing!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

as above but also pool toilets were grubby, tiles into pool very slippey, need warning signs for this! Breakfast fryup disapointing overall, also it was kept warm in plastic covered warmers so it was more steamed than a nice crispy fry! Husband very disapointed with fry and he could not eat his bacon, very unusal for him, also I asked for brown sauce twice and both times they said will go and see if any and both times they never came back with an answer even though they were walking and standing near us? We all love our brown sauce with a fry and could not believe this basic breakfast item was evidently not available and unbelieveable they could not just say sorry we have none but choose to ignore the q instead, that was v disapointing for a 4 star hotel otherwise the breakfast has plenty of other choices..

Lovely location! The room was clean and bed comfy but hot, could do with air con for 4 stars! evening meal was very good & yummy upstairs if a little pricey for early bird! Pool was good layout and lovely features!

It was nice stay, but not worth the price.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't get a room on a second floor with view as I asked. The path in forset is very normal, nothing special. It's a little weird that I had to book a table in a bar and in a restaurant. The breast of duck wasn't soft unfortunately, it was gummy and not worth the price. However, the staff were very friendly and I felt a special guest. The fish and chips and wine was nice.

The personel was very nice and helpful. Swimming pool and gym are very good ideas.

Relaxed and chilled with beautiful scenery.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing to do with the staff, unfortunately I didn't get the option to buy the dinner at the time of booking like I did for breakfast. Other than that it was perfect.

The breakfast each morning with fresh fruit and natural yogurt was delicious.

Bed and room was comfy
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Extemely unhappy with the service that gave me the reseption staff . Group of my friends booked this hotel room with breakfast but we arrived at the reseption the we needed to pay exra money for breakfast each person.

Bed and room was comfy

If you get the weather this hotel is a wonder relaxing place to explore.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very dated. And my room needed some extra attention. I had the pizza and was not informed it had chilli's on it, so not impressed with that, and the deserts are disappointing but my husbands burger was really good.

The scenery around the hotel is fantastic. The garden is pure pleasure. The conservatory is the perfect spot to eat, drink, or chat. The coffee was really good. we didn't get to use the pool or sauna but great to know it was there.

The location is absolutely superb, stunning views.
    • Standard Single Room

The location is absolutely superb, stunning views. Great customer service from all the staff, very flexible and accommodating. Would certainly stay again

It's location and surrounding
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathroom has no towel rod and cold . Mostly staff are friendly but no help to get prospective of selling nearby areas . Heaven, massage was a disaster . Food for vegetarians lacks innovation

It's location and surrounding

Superb - perfect location, excellent food & facilities. Would highly recommend!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was superb. The staff were so friendly & easy going. There was a lovely youthful vibe in the hotel. The hotel grounds & views are stunning. Very quaint, private areas to sit out in the garden. It’s in a perfect location, within 1km of the sugar loaf mountain & across the road from the Glen of the Downs nature reserve so plenty of hiking opportunities. Also on the main road from Dublin to Wexford so very easy access to other towns, eg Bray & Greystones! The pool facilities are excellent...particularly enjoyed the jets in the pool itself! Dinner was very tasty... had the nicest lemon meringue pie ever! The scones are also very delicious. The room was comfortable & freshly painted! Overall we felt very welcome & relaxed in the hotel and I would definitely go back & recommend to others.

value for money,,,lovely setting,, warm welcome but to many wrinklies
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

,,,waiting far to long for service which is the fault of the company,, the bars lacks warmness,,

room beautifull, old style and very big,,,nice pool and the staff smile always,,,,understaffed im afraid

The staff at reception were extremely helpful and very...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff at reception were extremely helpful and very friendly! When checking out, I thought the homemade cookies were a lovely touch! In the bar, I ordered a gin and tonic and the bar man served it in a Pilsner half pint glass which I thought was very odd. We ordered two coffees after our meal but never got them.. Overall we really enjoyed our stay! Food was lovely and nice warm atmosphere!

Finding it hard to see the star value here
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The food was a lower standered then expected and over priced room service the good thing about the room was we where on the bottom floor the shower would spray in all directions someone had taped it up and if I left the shower on for more than 30 seconds the bathroom would flood. The TVs remote wouldn't work after spending 30min trying to work it I gave up in frustration and left it off my partner also lost a set of rings that she cherished and we where left with no help in trying to find them we where simply told we go into the function room and look

The bar staff where very nice great group of lads even had a laugh with Sam

Enjoyed it overall. Would use it gain when meeting clients in the area
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Food was nice and whilst restaurant staff were friendly, the service was really poor. We had to wait a long time for the order to be taken, then for the food and then for the bill.

Nice and quiet which allowed people to work

Very good spot with easy access to Dublin or Sunny South East..
    • Standard Single Room

Couldn't find any thermostat control in the room, which made it too hot/stuffy during the night. Windows can open, but on ground floor level it's a little insecure to leave window open all night.

Super friendly helpful staff.. Good WiFi, restaurant facilities

The Glenview is a hotel I've known all my life. This is the first time that I've stayed in it.

See above

The room was cold and I woke in the middle of the night very cold. The breakfast was cold. No marmalade provided. There were stains on the tiled floor of the bathroom. View outside the window ugly. Receptionist very loud . She needs to keep her voice down. She had no record of my booking. The girl who brought breakfast and girl who cleans rooms were lovely

wouldn’t stay again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

we ordered room service and received no salt/pepper etc with the food. the room needs to be refurbished & our view was of the laundry bins outside our window. said laundry bins were then being wheeled around early the following morning

Great friendly comfy hotel in beautiful location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bar is very sterile with little atmosphere. There was a live music act on when we were there which helped, but it desperately needs to be cosied up.

The room was nice and spacious with plenty of storage. Bed v comfy. Nespresso machine in room with 2 complimentary capsules was an unexpected bonus! We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was amazing. All staff we met were friendly helpful and efficient. The gym was great.

Will be back,just hope the owners will invest some money in redecorating,and bring it up to 21c
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The leisure centre needs a little TLC,new carpets ,new furniture in the cafe area ,matainace to the structure,it's all a little tired which is a pity as the weights room is excellent,with a make over the leisure centre would be excellent,all the hoovering in the world won't make shabby carpet look good..

The location is excellent

Exceeded expectations & was real value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Stayed for 1 x night for Easter weekend, Incredibly good value for money. Enjoyed dinner that night in the main restaurant & service was 5/5, Enjoyed the duck & vegan yellow curry. Also, took advantage of faciltiies in the pool, sauna, jacuzzi. On departure, staff gave us 2 x freshly baked cookies as a gift on easter sunday. Very thoughtful

Grand
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I have a personal dislike for big 'package deal' type hotels where there is nothing to complain about with the food, but nothing particularly nice about it either. Its a matter of choice I suppose, but it wouldn't be mine.

The views and light in the dining rooms were very uplifting and there was plenty of space.

Great place but, definitely slipping!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is getting 'tired' and needs a lot of 'TLC'. We've stayed a few times over the years and love the place but, if it doesn't get a generous investment of capital soon it will go beyond 'TLC' and deteriorate seriously.

The staff, food and beverage service and quality and the beautiful location

The staff were very helpful and the hotel was very clean...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were very helpful and the hotel was very clean which is a huge factor for me. The rooms were nice, a little small but considering the good deal we got we were very happy. We had friends come up to the room to help bring bags and the staff didn’t mind, most places I have been to before are very suspicious when extra people go to the room. We only stayed for one night but I would definitely like to go back and try the spa next time and stay the weekend as it looks like a good spa and fabulous pool.

Could have been so much nicer.
    • Standard Single Room

Specially booked this hotel above others in the area because of the pool as I wanted to do my swimming exercise. However Pool was being used for training others. This was at 6pm. When I asked the trainer if I could also swim in the lanes she simply said its not her problem I must wait till they are finished much later. Considering I have arrived after a day at work and have paid to use these facilities I do not believe its fair to exclude all swimming pool lanes from guest use especially at times they are due to be booked in to the hotel. Alternatively advertise limited use of facilities on web sites.

Clean, comfy and quiet. Hotel staff were great BUT!!! UNFORTUNATELY leisure center staff could not care less.

Glen View is fabulous & I will definitely return when the weather is better...!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had really bad weather & our flight was cancelled but I think that would have been out of anyone’s hands...!!!

Visit often fabulous staff amazing nothing is too much trouble

Staff in bar very slow,no gin glasses for our gin ,as paying...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff in bar very slow,no gin glasses for our gin ,as paying enough for them,our dinner wasn't great, lamb was small and not very tender didn't enjoy my dinner

Very ordinary
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel has gone backwards in recent times. The thing that really annoyed me was the maids knocking and opening my door from 9am. This happened 3 times in an hour. Checkout is not till 11 so don't know what they were playing at.

The Glenview has been a great discovery for me and I hope to stay again and again!
    • Standard Single Room

The TV wouldn't switch on easily in my room - and it wouldn't switch off at all. I had to leave the TV on when I went to sleep - with the sound down. It turned itself off after a while due to inactivity. I had to do this both nights. No biggie, but just thought I'd mention it.

I arrived very late the second night I stayed - and the staff on duty made me a sandwich and brought it to my room with a glass of wine. I was so pleased as many other establishments do not offer this service and it's what you want when you arrive late, tired and hungry. Full marks for true hospitality! In the morning, at breakfast, the music soundtrack had also been mercifully sorted since my last visit. Thank you. It was much better than endless Elton John on a loop on my last visit so it's good to know that the hotel pays attention to customer comments. The staff are excellent, the views are to die for at breakfast and I had a very comfortable, friendly stay. Thank you!

On Tuesday eve, At restaurant bar staff really poor service...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

On Tuesday eve, At restaurant bar staff really poor service (4/5 staff was around) after I and my partner waiting for menu book for around 8mins so I decide go get it then 15mins later, order the foods. The foods came to our table 50mins later. That long waiting ever in 2018 so hope not happened again in future.

Glenview Hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The noise level in the bar (as a result of a gentleman with a guitar and too much amplification) was excessive. Also, I found the breakfast to be very poor; the coffee tasted awful, the bread was limp - very disappointing.

I ate dinner in the bar area; the food was good , the helpings were very generous - in fact, too big.

Overall we made the most of our stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Instructions to chef re food where ignored, rooms need some updating , leaking taps and mold around bath and issue Also only one bar staff present during lunch with a wedding also using the bar area

Comfortable hotel with lots of room for improvement
    • Standard Single Room

Check in very brusque and when asked to put company name on bill it wasn’t done. Bar extremely understaffed - had to get my own menu from another table, took about another 15 minutes to order and at least 45 minutes for my dinner plus my table wasn’t cleared from the previous guest and I had to go up to the bar myself for the drink I ordered when ordering my main course. Waited 5 minutes at bar counter to sign my bill - was ignored so left without signing. Didn’t like the receptionist who wouldn’t stop sniffling when I was checking out and had to correct the address on my bill a couple of times. They could do with a smart uniform on reception.

Bedroom newly decorated and very nice. Quiet room as requested. Breakfast staff excellent and great selection of food. Gym great also.

it was OK and the food was very good, the service was poor
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Poor TV selection - compared to other hotels in the same range Room was cold and took 2 hours for staff to correct this Ordered extra coffee pods to try keep warm with reception 3 times (were still waiting...)

Bar food was great - (had the burger)

Lovely location, nice treatment rooms. Nice bar.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We went with our 10 week old son. I rang a week before requesting a cot which was duly placed in the room. However when we went to our room for the first time, we had to go down 8 steps on the corridor, which meant every time we left or came back to the room we had to lift the buggy between the 2 of us with our baby son in it. There was no alternative way to get to our room. The bar had steps too. The price of the food in the bar was very steep.

It was very accessible. The staff were v friendly and helpful.

Great friendly place
    • Standard Single Room

Only thing i would say is the bathroom in the room i had was a bit tired could do with a bit of t.l.c but that is the only thing

Staff were great as all ways , Hotel was very clean Food was excellent will be back again soon thanks

Nice comfy stay, great location with really friendly staff and food.
    • Standard Single Room

Retro style hotel with a charming atmosphere. use it frequently for work. Food is always lovely and the staff very friendly. It also has a pool and leisure facilities with classes which means you don't have to look for a gym. Lovely view right through the Glen.

Terrible food
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The food was very very poor. One of our meals was Fish & Chips and the batter was thick and soggy. The people in the table next to us said they had stayed for two nights and on both nights their meals were poor.

The room was recently decorated and the staff were mostly pleasant