Reviews of The Kingsley Hotel 4 stars

Victoria Cross, Cork, Ireland

#4 of 28 hotels in Cork

Good rooms ,good breakfast ,limited bar facilities and need a taxi to get to town centre
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Hotel bar relatively small and pretty basic.Lifts very slow and not really walking distance from town

Good room well furnished and very clean.Excellent breakfast great choice and friendly staff.

Really enjoyed our stay at the Kingsley
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Shower leaked onto the floor (gap under the glass door - room 101). The "room service" menu after 21:30 consists of just pizza! In-room air con was effective, but it switches itself off at intervals meaning you have to keep turning it back on again. These are minor gripes, though.

Friendly staff and very nice room (101 - executive corner twin) with all the expected amenities. Great bathroom with large bath, two sinks and separate oversized shower. Excellent breakfast with very attentive and polite waiters.

Best hotel in Ireland!
    • Classic King Room with River View

Absolutely fantastic hotel! One of the best hotels in Ireland! I can't wait to go back again! Brilliant staff, brilliant service, so clean, the food is absolutely amazing!! I have nothing bad to say about this place! You won't be sorry staying here! The spa is too amazing and Afternoon tea 👌👌👌.

very good
    • Classic Twin Room

very good property. Top class location very clean good staff good pool area very clean rooms/ only thing breakfast extremely good a little expensive. But very good breakfast bar food.ie curry for me very nice

No cash policy
    • Classic King Room with River View

There no cash policy payment for the rooms is a joke I was not aware of this when I arrived and felt so unwanted when they said they would not accept it I waited twenty minutes in the Looby waiting for a manager to say it was ok

Rooms are very clean

Amazing
    • Classic King Room

Had no problem with the property there was nothing to complain about

The bed was very comfortable it was good that there was choice of bath or shower in the bathroom shower was amazing and was happy with setting of the tv

I book on Bookings.
    • Classic King Room

I book on Bookings.com and I thought breakfast was included but it wasn’t. The website wasn’t very clear and it cost me €35 on check out. Very annoying. Was never offer breakfast when I checked in either.

Second visit to the hotel
    • Classic King Room with River View

None in this stay .. some small negativity was in the first stay .. see me other review

They keep my luggage with them 2 nights before check in, adding to providing me a large size special room .. really great place to stay in

A delicious retreat for the weary or just a place to spoil yourself!
    • Classic King Room with River View

Unfortunately someone tied their dogs outside on the railings in full sun,causing them to bark a lot whilst having their coffee.

The beautiful setting. The outdoor Jacuzzi. Fabulous comfy bed. Delicious desserts.

Ok hotel. Nothing soecial
    • Classic King Room

Being asked to add additional money to the room bill at check in for no good reason. Never was asked for this before and it was odd to say the least

Hotel was clean

Entrance and interior was nice.
    • Classic King Room with River View

- The cost of drink and food was astronomical. Particularly the breakfast, which was not included in the already expensive price of the room, and if we wanted to add breakfast it was €17.50 PER person, PER morning!!! - Spa: We were really looking forward to our booking here, and were left terribly disappointed. We wanted to ensure all our finances were covered prior to our trip and spa, just so that we had that ease of pressure and were able to enjoy ourselves. Upon arrival at the spa we were asked to pay, in which we advised that we already did. It took them a few minutes to locate the payment. This left us feeling uncomfortable and we couldn’t understand why it wasn’t clearly marked on our booking that it was paid. Prior to our spa treatment we could use the thermal suite for an hour - we were really excited about this as we have been to many thermal suites before and they have always been exceptional. We arrived down at the thermal suite only to find, without prior warning, that 2 facilities didn’t work and 1 was under construction, which left us only with the steam room and sauna to use. We spent about 10 minutes in there and decided that we had enough and wanted to let the staff know. We were basically told that it was not their area and that the thermal suite belonged to the leisure Centre. We were advised that they would ring the leisure Centre and we could relax in the relaxation area and they would come back to us once it was resolved. Nobody came back to us. I had my treatment after that, and there was no complaints there and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I just feel that the thermal suite was a real let down and it could have been easily avoided should the staff have informed us that some of the facilities were not working beforehand.

Entrance and interior was nice. I like that they had a pool and a gym. Outdoor jacuzzi was very nice

Nice hotel , barman from Croatia no manners.
    • Classic King Room with River View

The barman was slow, and felt put out asking him for a drink. I was standing there 11 minutes before he acknowledged me, and then did it to another customer a few minutes later.

Brilliant hotel
    • Classic King Room with River View

Only thing would be no information given at check in

Room was gorgeous staff friendly close enough to town to walk in Was our anniversary so kitchen gave us some chocolate at dinner nice touch Facilities are great Food was amazing

Great stay at the Kingsley
    • Classic King Room

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious. Hotel is in a great location, quiet and fantastic view of the river. Will be back next time in Cork!

Travelled over nite for my partners 30th with our little boy...
    • Classic King Room with River View

Travelled over nite for my partners 30th with our little boy,there was a little plate saying happy 30th birthday in the room which was a lovely touch. Fabulous walk way bedhind hotel with lovely views overall great stay

I will come back again.
    • Classic King Room

Rooms were not ready at 3.00p.m. People hanging around reception. Not enough seating available at reception. The explanation given for room not being ready was a wedding the day before and people checking out late. Maybe hotel needs to take on board a check out time of 11.

Beds were very comfortable

Relaxing
    • Classic King Room

My Husband had steak for dinner and was not 100% happy with it - he found it tasteless. However I had the Tai curry and it was lovely.

Rooms was so comfortable and easy to relax in. Staff were excellent. I had issue with my booking and had to change and staff were excellent, we plan to book with Friends again this Nov.

• Classic King Room

Gym is very well equipped and the pool is of a size suitable to exercise also. The overall experience was very enjoyable. P.S. the beds are really comfy.

Review.
    • Classic King Room

Only problem that wasn't really a problem was the room had black marks and some dirt on walls. Rooms could do with a fresh lick of paint is my only complaint. Also the bed was 2 single beds stuck together you could feel the devide down the centre of the bed.

Good location and great value for money.

Really nice hotel
    • Classic King Room

Really enjoyed our stay, lovely hotel, friendly staff. Very nice room, massive bathroom, lovely river view. Would definitely stay again and highly recommend.

Quite a long walk into town - our choice - but the food options didnt suit us - stay ok generally!

The food options were somewhat confusing and it appeared difficult to see menus - none in the room! The greeting by the person in the Sunday Lunch dining room was not great - not at all welcoming. The lifts were a bit dodgy too - very creaky! Breakfast was good.

The room was good - the view over the car park not so good nor the mouldy carpet by the window!

Very helpful stuff. Go out of their way for guests
    • Classic King Room with River View

I think more food should of been available for the room service . The mains did not have a great variety .

The breakfast was fabulous it was practically all you can eat . The bathroom was very big and spacious with option of a shower or a luxury bath. We had our 3 month old staying with us and they provided bedding for him with out asking or with no extra costs. I was very impressed

Overall good stay only downside is the offering of food at lunchtime in the main bar
    • Classic King Room with River View

Price of the food in the restaurant. The main bar not serving even a simple sandwich during the day is a big let down for me, especially as one of the days at lunchtime the restaurant was full of a tour group and there was no place to obtain food

The breakfast was very good, bathroom was huge in my room. Parking was easy and it was a very convenient location for university college cork

Only one lift was operating.
    • Classic King Room with River View

Only one lift was operating. Shortage of shelf-space in bathroom. Also no stool in bathroom to place towels/wash bag/clothes, only a hook behind the door.

Kinsley in Cork
    • Classic King Room with River View

It was a bit removed from the city centre but there are buses that get you there in minutes.

The rooms were large and comfortable. Very quiet property with very nice spa and gym amenities.

Room was excellent

Breakfast food wasnt great could do a lot better. Lunch was very expensive we got blt and toasted sandwich not worth it for the price. Toasted sandwich in particular was very poor breaking teeth as you took a bite it was that hard.

Room was excellent

Good experience except the main course of my meal. How ever my husband was delighted with his lamb
    • Classic Twin Room

My main course was chilli and prawn linguine. There was so much chilli that i couldn't eat it. Ate the prawns but the linguine had so much sauce I couldn't have it. 😡😡

Amazing starter and dessert.👍

Breakfast was a lovely experience and it was great that the...
    • Classic King Room

Breakfast was a lovely experience and it was great that the cot was in our room when we got there even though we only booked on route!! So maximum two hours prior to our arrival!! Very prompt service!!

Sets the bar very high for other hotels!
    • Classic King Room with River View

Amazing experience from start to finish. Excellent ambience, large comfortable rooms, excellent facilities, customer service was above and beyond, food was fantastic. Should be 5 stars.

Great apart from paying twice and poor communications between reception and Booking.com
    • Classic King Room

The check in at reception.

I booked online through Booking.com and paid on line. At check in I was told I had not paid and was charged. I note from my visa that two payments have gone through.

Comfy bed, quiet location but still close to town
    • Classic King Room with River View

Slightly old fashioned, not a hotel you would spend time in the bar or restaurant

Nice room comfy bed good view great location if you want to get a 5 min taxi into town for drinks or dinner

This is an excellent hotel with great staff and fab food
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Nothing really Bar was very full on Sat night and could not get a seat but this does not reflect in my overall stay as this is outside control of hotel I would return and intend to book this hotel for my next trip to Cork in June

Liked all Had lunch there on first day and it was very good Ate dinner there on Second night and it was excellent There was a long delay but waiter did apologise for this so that was grand Waitress was lovely very friendly and attentive

Great Hotel
    • Classic King Room with River View

Had a fantastic time in the Kingsley,Amazing hotel with Spa treatments for herself,the outdoor pool was unbelievable 😊,staff are very friendly and helpful,we'll definitely be back

Overall good experience, food disappointing.
    • Classic King Room with River View

Dining experience was disappointing - would not have dinner in restaurant again. Dishes were over-priced and the seafood linguine was frankly disgusting - overcooked pasta swimming in tomato sauce with mostly unrecognizable pieces of fish and vegetables and barely cooked frozen prawns. TV and music in bar too dominant.

Very friendly and helpful staff throughout. Well maintained, clean, attractively furnished and well appointed hotel. Very comfortable, clean well appointed bedroom and bathroom. Good location, attractively positioned by the river and river walk. Soup and bread on bar menu tasty and good value, ditto the cooked-to-order dishes at breakfast, e.g. omelettes, kippers at breakfast.

10 stars hotel ;)
    • Classic King Room with River View

My room, was very spacious, the shower was big by hotel amazing and Great. The view of the river Lee from my room was beautiful too.Bed was big, comfortable and spacious.. fabulous ensuite with walk in shower also.The Bar and restaurants are very good and the staff friendly and helpful. We had a nice view of the river from our room. The hotel lobbies and dining arears look beautiful. It's a great location.The spa was excellent choise this hotel very Highly recommandation

A good choice in Cork.
    • Classic King Room with River View

The rooms and upstairs hallways need an upgrade from the wear and tear. It seems obvious that this hotel gets a lot of traffic and it is starting to show. The window in our roomed leaked and cold air came in. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, but they just need to be brought up to the warm décor of the rest of the hotel.

We stayed for two days at the Kingsley over St. Patrick's Day and had a very fun stay. The Bar and restaurants are very good and the staff friendly and helpful. We had a nice view of the river from our room. The hotel lobbies and dining arears look beautiful. It's a great location just out of the city and easy for onward travel.

Bed was big, comfortable and spacious.
    • Classic King Room

Room was cold,no heating coming from the radiators. The inside of the big lamp shades down in the restaurant of the hotel really need a urgent cleaning..spiders,flies etc could be seen stuck in the lamp shades right over the table we were eating at 👎

One night city break

Girlfriend gave out of a sore neck the next morning and said her pillows wernt very comfortable.

The facilities were amazing, really pleased with the staff and location.

Would absolutely stay in this hotel again if down on Cork again.
    • Classic King Room with River View

Honestly, nothing bad to say about this wonderful hotel.

My room, was very spacious, the shower was big by hotel standards. Great. The view of the river Lee from my room was beautiful too.

Enjoyed and would return.
    • Classic King Room

My mattress compared to my partners matress were worlds apart, my matress was very hard and a bit uncomfortable where as my partners matress was perfect.

Loved the hydro pool.

Enjoyed our stay, Hotel very comfortable and staff very friendly and helpful.
    • Classic King Room

Bar could have done with some entertainment to liven it up.

The room was very comfortable, staff were very friendly and accommodating , only problem it was at least thirty minutes walk to town.

Royal treatment at the Kingsley
    • Classic Twin Room

The staff were very well informed, very attentive and polite, engaging and professional. The bar food was very tasty, healthy and plentiful. The breakfast was classy.

The receptionist that checked us in and also checked us out,...
    • Classic King Room with River View

The resteraunt had very little on the menu

The receptionist that checked us in and also checked us out, she was what made this trip exceed expectations- a lady! Kind. Generous. Caring. Sweet. Although I did not get her name she went above and beyond.

Taught reception staff were not very helpful at all.
    • Classic Twin Room

Taught reception staff were not very helpful at all..instead of them saying "let me see what I can do for you" it was a straight off no ??. Also at check out was kept waiting for over an hour because of some mix up the staff made , again felt like they didn't even make much of an effort to apologise...

Out of this world, perfect for anybody looking to relax in luxury

It wasn’t communicated that you can’t pay with cash on check in, that’s the only minor complaint I’d have, it was abit of a inconvenience having to pay on my card when I had taken the cash out to cover it.

We stayed over st Patrick’s weekend, despite the business of the city, the hotel was tanquill and calm, the spa factilites were out of the world, the outside pool was amazing! Staff were excellent, the rooms are fabolous and spacious. We went for two nights and feel relexed and regenerated following our stay. I would recommend to anybody especially couples.

I wont be back!
    • Classic King Room with River View

Check In - booking conformation stated cash or card. Upon arrival with cash ready was told they cannot accept that payment method. The Room - for a four star hotel i was very dissapointed, curtains were hanging down of the wondow, room was grubby, smears and scratches on most surfaces. THE STAFF - one of the bar staff (which i have note of the name)passed an awful remark to my partner which ruin the bar athmosphere and our plans to stay and eat in the resturant so we had to seek a polite and nicer athmosphere elsewhere. I will not be recommending this place to anyone and will not be returning to this hotel.

Professional friendly staff, excellent food.
    • Classic Twin Room

Guests in the adjoining room were smoking, we had to put a towel at the bottom of the door, still overall enjoyed the stay, would definitely recommend it.

Professional friendly staff, excellent food.

Great staff. Good food. Fantastic Spa and Health Club comfortable bed and amazing shower. Convenient
    • Classic Twin Room

Breakfast is excellent. Ate in The Springboard the previous evening which was superb. Loved the Spa and Health Club. Hot tub overlooking the River Lee is amazing too.

Lovely relaxing weekend
    • Classic King Room with River View

The view from the window was half of a flat roof and the other half was some of the river and the houses across the other side of the river. We would of liked 2 arm chairs in the room so we could both relax together at the table, but the room wasn't quite big enough for that but we managed anyway I used the bed and hubby used the chair.

I Loved the big bed so comfortable and There was all lovely staff and 1 waiter in Particular that we liked and his name was Barrie in the restaurant on Saturday evening He was so friendly made our meal so relaxing. The food was excellent both in the bar on friday night and saturday night. The Style of the whole hotel was only Gorgeous

the building is OK, the "customer experience"....something else! More training & time maybe?
    • Classic King Room

the attention by all staff to the importance of "service". Most, if not all of them, mean well but they are obvioulsy not properly "hotel-trained". This hotel gives the impression of "just a business", moreover with a foreign shareholder without any expertise in the hospitality business).

I liked the standard of the room.
    • Classic King Room

Little details. Broken door handle in bathroom. Poor paintwork on outside as you sit in the hot tub. People sleeping rough right next to the hotel.

I liked the standard of the room. Great breakfast.

Disappointed and worthless in terms of value for money.

We reserved Graduation venue for us and our family and the food didn't meet the expectation. The city has so many great restaurants with high quality but KINGSLY is not one of them. Towels are old an rough and were not replaced regularly. Room was not cleaned properly.

Bed comfort.

Very disappointing
    • Classic Twin Room

Lack of personal touch, for the price I would have liked to seen more of a friendly service. No one around at breakfast, not very accommodating in the bar in relation to food, in willing to make a sandwich at 21.10. Compared to the river lee, I was disappointed. I would need a very good reason to choose above the river lee. Only good comment would is in relation to the spa, great service provided

Nothing really springs to mind

Beds are excellent.
    • Classic Twin Room

The breakfast facilities were split. It is harder to decide what you need for breakfast especially with an older adult. Also breakfast was only okay. As a 4 star hotel you would expect something different than the usual pre cooked food. Would love less mass produced food.

Beds are excellent.

Very pleasurable stay as my first visit to Ireland, will return.
    • Classic King Room

The fact that you had to buy a swim hat to go into pool, and the fact there were no baked beans in breakfast buffet (minor).

The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The size of bathroom with seperate shower and bath. Bars and restaraunt were very pleasant and staff very courteous and knowledgable. Very helpful desk staff. Overall very impressed.

I would definitely stay again and recommend this hotel to family and friends.
    • Classic King Room with River View

Friendly staff and helpful staff, hotel was approx half hour walk from the city and half hour drive from the airport. Comfy beds and very clean. Plenty to choose from for breakfast, very pleasant stay.

Fab hotel lovely friendly staff but dining was v expensive.
    • Classic King Room with River View

We booked evening meal, meal was expensive for what we got. Mains didn’t come with veg, that was an extra. Tea and coffee didn’t come with desert that also was an extra.

Had a lovely treat plate in room with a birthday wish. Lovely touch.

We loved our view from our room and we had a really comfortable stay there!
    • Classic King Room with River View

I thought one tube each of shower gel , body lotion and shampoo was a bit scrimpy and I would expect at least 2 of each! I did ask for extra shower gel and staff were very prompt bringing extra up to the room!

The bed was really really comfy, one of the best I’ve slept on, and really spacious too! 😀 It was really great to have a separate shower to the bath! It put a big smile on my face! My Husband really enjoyed his full Irish breakfast!

Pleasant, luxourious, relaxing
    • Classic Twin Room

the staff are very helpful and pleasant, special mention for Irene, our waiter in the restaurant, whose good humour and finesse added to the convivial atmosphere. Also we really enjoyed the cheesboard which was not available the last time we stayed here, we welcome its return, better than ever!

Luxury in a commutable distance from Cork City
    • Classic King Room with River View

Cleaning staff knocking on our door at 9.30am despite the checkout time being 12 midday.

We checked in as a treat for the day after our wedding and a lovely plate of mini cakes with "congratulations" met us in our room upon arrival. Great breakfast selection and beautiful views of the River Lee. Bed was very comfortable!

Enjoyed it. Good facilities and with a bit more information would have been excellent
    • Classic King Room with River View

I would have liked to been informed about day access to the thermal suite for hotel guests. Nothing mentioned to us about this and I think we would have used the facilities. Receptionist was very scarce with information. We had to ask about breakfast times, bar food etc

Lovely, warm and comfortable rooms.

Well done Kingsley, we’ll definitely be back!
    • Classic King Room

My wife and I spent a wonderful evening in the Kingsley, room was spacious, the bed big and comfortable. Dinner and breakfast were top notch. All staff were courteous and professional.

Very friendly and helpful staff.
    • Classic King Room

Very friendly and helpful staff. We had to leave early and had not booked breakfast - a thoughtful member of staff offered us takeaway tea/coffee ! Loved the bedroom and very comfy bed, sorry we could'nt stay longer. Hope to return very soon.

We liked most the hydro pool but there wasn’t much we didn’t...
    • Classic King Room

We didn’t really think evening meau for us had much there we could decide from but other then that there is nothing else

We liked most the hydro pool but there wasn’t much we didn’t like hotel was fab n would stay there again

Highly recommend this hotel.
    • Classic Twin Room

The bar menu was the same as the room service - would be nice to have more variety if one goes to the bar for their meals.

Having stayed numerous times here over the years, it is great to come back and see the standards still very good. Staff very friendly.

For 4* it isn't all as advertised
    • Classic King Room

Some staff are a little ignorant.. For example room service will walk in on you when you're in bed.!

Hotel it self was fine but when I go for breakfast I have been told several times that iv already had breakfast. And to be honest breakfast isn't very good it's like irish breakfast you would get in turkey. And we are booking a week stay and giving out 1200 euro. To be honest the food should be better for the money we are handing out

Excellent location for our stay - great sleep - comfortable...

Excellent selection at breakfast but some of the food was not warm enough for my liking.

Excellent location for our stay - great sleep - comfortable bed and quiet room. Dinner in the bar was very good.

Very clean - staff friendly and the food (that we got) was...
    • Classic King Room

If you are not up early for breakfast then certain items that are consumed are not replenished. Observed fellow diners having to clean tables themselves in order to be able to sit. In my opinion the level of service should be the ssme throughout breakfast from start to finish. Oh and of you book breakfast online there is a €5 surcharge for some reason - €17 online is steep to say the least guys.

Very clean - staff friendly and the food (that we got) was excellent.

Highly recommend. Beautiful room with bathrobes and all the amenities you would need
    • Classic King Room

Had to change the date of booking and was afraid of incuring cancellation fees but staff were amazing. Made all the changes with booking agent and even rang me to confirm no cancellation would apply. So professional!

Enjoyed our stay,staff where very friendly
    • Classic King Room with River View

Not fully prepared for New Year’s Eve. Ran out of Ice at the Bar, when you pay top money for drinks you expect them to have Ice 🤔

Everything was fine, food good.

Lovely hotel, nice food, friendly staff and enjoyed our stay

Please see above

Great stay but had a couple of problems with bar staff overcharging and saying the're was nothing they could do to resolve it (until I asked for a manager) and the bathroom sink was blocked (drained very slow) and not repaired when reported. Restaurent great, lovely breakfast, gym great, most staff great, prices good at the bar and enjoyed out stay. Singer very good.

Fantastic loved every minute of my stay
    • Classic King Room

the only issue I had was there was no smoking area and a lot of people who were attending weddings were very disappointed as we go soaked everytime we went for a cigarette.

Beautiful Hotel, Beautiful staff would highly recommend this hotel it was amazing cant wait to go back.

Cosy and luxurious
    • Classic King Room

I know this is typical with hotels but it got very warm throughout the night even with heating turned off. The hotel itself was very warm. Not really a bad thing but light clothing is advised 😊

This hotel is a little gem, it really is a cosy, friendly and relaxing. The dinner service was amazing, all I can say is the tempura prawns with fish and chips is to die for. Fabulous hotel.

Beautiful hotel, luxury stay
    • Classic King Room

Would have liked a big bath for two but hotel is great

Wide selection of breakfast, very beautifully decorated hotel, extremely comfy bed and great facilities and extras like the free phone during the stay, a separate bath and shower and robes and slippers

Bedroom lovely, bar food poor, breakfast cold, spa excellent
    • Classic Twin Room

Choice on bar menu limited Cooked breakfast cold

Bedroom was lovely, evening meal in bar was ok - choices on menu limited. Cooked breakfast was cold & really not good. Views amazing. Spa was excellent - Niamh gave super massage.