Reviews of The Lombard Townhouse

44 Pearse Street, Corner of Lombard Street, D2 Dublin, Ireland

#63 of 93 B&Bs and Inns in Dublin

Good value for money and very comfortable stay.

Wifi wasn’t great, we struggled to keep a connection and even when it did connect it was quite slow. The windows are only single glazed so it’s quite noisy as located on the corner of two very busy streets! The bed was a little bit hard, but I think i’m just super fussy as used to sleeping on a cloud at home!

We were lucky enough to be given a triple room after only paying for a twin, which gave us lots of extra space. The room was tastefully decorated and very clean. Good location as we didn’t mind a short walk to get to the main hustle and bustle.

Disappointingg and I would NOT recommend it to travelers.

Room 5 was cramped and had an unnecessary twin bed on one side that limited space. T.V. Service was not working, wi-if didn’t work, and there was a notice in the room saying that the tap water should only be used for showering and brushing teeth. No bottled water was supplied for drinking, but had to be purchased from the bar. Paint in the bathroom was peeling and several floor tiles were cracked. When I approached the management, no apologies or remedies offered. I made these reservations 6 months ahead of our arrival and would not have booked if I knew there were virtually no amenities at this property. I suggest that someone should personally review this property. The images online are completely misleading. Very cheaply furnished and unattractive. Exterior of the building is also unkempt. Very disappointing considering the price we paid. Very poor value for money.

Excellent location for planned activities.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Could be so much better!

Very noisy, glasses, empty bottle left in room from previous occupants. Cracked sink and tiles in bathroom.

Comfy beds. Good location for airport shuttle bus.

OK for a Business Trip in Dublin

A bit on the expensive side for what you are getting but as nothing was available in the area I guess the pricing was based on the supply.

I couldn't find another hotel in the area so took a chance on this one. It is really a few rooms above a pub but they are good enough. Close to the quays where I was working so a quick walk down the road.

Would stay again.

Townhouses were not marked from the street, check-in was through the pub during open hours, bit confusing when arriving on early morning flight. Good service once the pub was open.

Great location, close to city center, comfortable room, quiet night. Was able to leave a bag for the day before checking in. Camille restaurant across the street had good food.

Overall it was a pleasant experience which served its purpose

The only issue I had was when the bar staff are clearing up at night. They are very noisy when putting the bottles out and stuff. I was woken up by the noise

Everything was great

Really good bed, lovely big bathroom with an amazing shower.

Tv and remote control weren’t working. That’s it!

Really good bed, lovely big bathroom with an amazing shower. Great having tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

Central position and very comfortable room.

Basin cracked and no plug. Meals fine but helpings too big.

Room well designed, light and very comfortable. Staff friendly and v helpful. Pub v busy and on main road but room quiet.

Staff was very helpful.

Room provided had two single beds for my wife and I. Picture for the accommodations I selected didn’t match room provided.

Staff was very helpful. Location was acceptable walking distance to nightlife.

VIP Experience

I had trouble with the WiFi I couldn't connect but I'd imagine I just didn't do it right but it didn't affect my stay

This place was amazing. The style was higher than expected. Spotless clean. Loads of tea and coffee. Beautiful big shower. Amazing staff and amazing pints too. Will be back as I go to alot of gigs in Dublin.

Perfect location, ideal baseto explore Dublin. No complaints at all.

Traffic noise as on a main road but not a problem as I found It quite a soothing hum of traffic.

Huge bed, food lovely, staff friendly, fantastic location, clean, easy check in, could drop bags off there early morning before room ready, no pub noise.

It was great and so close to Grafton Street and Trinity College.

The toilet was not working in the morning.

It was very clean and roomy. The staff was helpful and friendly.They let us keep our luggage stored there after we checked out for free!

Perfect choice for convenience, comfort and value

Very helpful staff. Very friendly. Great room - on busy road but quiet at night and very well designed/comfortable. Convenient for all central spots - in walking distance. Would definitely stay again.

Excellent Stay

Upon arrival the staff were all very helpful and friendly, especially Carolina who brought us to our room. The room was comfortable and the building is in a fantastic location, would highly recommend.

Good location, five to ten minutes from centre and temple...

Place needs some updating and tlc, paint flaking and mould on ceiling around shower, also cracked tiles. Mattress was very hard and there is a persistent noise, a low hum which we were not exactly sure what was causing it but was just enough to be annoying when trying to sleep.

Good location, five to ten minutes from centre and temple bar. Good value for money. Staff in bar during check-in were friendly and welcoming. Room was clean.

Nice room with plenty of drawbacks.
    • Family Room

The wifi was not working and when I asked the staff about it, they didn't solve the issue, they just forgot about it. TV remote wasn't working. Also, the food in the restaurant was quite bad (extremely tough beef).

The room was nice, spacious, large beds, good location in the center. Nice bathroom.

Location is central and great for public transport

Bathroom was dirty, no tv remote, or hairdryer. The room smelt of dirty drains. Had requested single beds but were greeted with a king!

Location and staff were lovely.

Typical Irish bar meeting our expectations, well done all !!
    • Family Room

Due to the weather conditions and the large windows the room was cold with the help of the staff with additional heating it did reach a reasonable room temperature

Good standard for a pub style accommodation, less than a ten minutes walk into the heart of Dublin, other amenities nearby if your on a budget holiday. The staff were excellent, attentive, friendly and most helpful regarding our cancellled flight due to the adverse weather conditions. Assisted us with transport information and booking another nights stay. Compliments to the chef great, hearty meals

Good value for money but not an apartment.

It was advertised as an apartment, but it is not. 'Apartment' 2 is a double bedroom with an en-suite bathroom. Right on a busy road, the single-glazed window was noisy and draughty. Limited clothes hanging, no drawers. Bathroom heating not working on arrival but fixed the next day. No shampoo/conditioner/hair dryer.

A very clean recently refurbished hotel room. Bed comfortable. Shower good.

Location, room was clean, rooms were separate from pub so no...

Staff weren’t overly helpful when collecting keys etc, the bar was busy when we arrived so it was hard to get someone’s attention. Lack of parking can also be an issue

Location, room was clean, rooms were separate from pub so no noise from bar etc

Everything was perfect!

Only bad thing is you have to pay a €10 deposit for a remote control for the TV. We asked for one but never got one. Doesn’t really matter as we just listened to music on our phones.

Everything about this place was incredible. When we landed there was a bus stop right outside and we got on the 747 for €12 return and it took is basically right outside the hotel. It was so easy, especially going back to the airport. When we arrived we were seen to straight away and taken to our room which completely threw me off. I was not expecting such a nice room. It was spacious, clean and just perfect. The bathroom is lovely. Lighting is brilliant. Staff are so nice! Everything is within walking distance. I absolutely loved it there. Will definitely return!

Clean, large clean bathroom.

Room was cold,had to take duvet from spare bed or I'd have frozen all night. Deposit needed to get remote and pub was closed to return it and get deposit back when I was leaving next morning.

Clean, large clean bathroom.

Located in easy walking distance to many tourist areas.

Did not have hot water for the two of the three nights stayed. However got to hear the new boiler being installed at 2 a.m. not a good nights sleep that night. Do not waste money on the breakfast there. Go down the street to the cafe or the doughnut store. Doughnuts were the freshest ever and massive.

Located in easy walking distance to many tourist areas. Had a corner room with Windows facing both streets.

Very comfortable and enjoyable.

The quality of the breakfast let the business down, I'm by opinion. Especially compared to the quality of dinner.

The room was more spacious than I was expecting. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

The location was very convenient to town center where we...

The car traffic was noisy, although we knew there would be traffic. We were still able to sleep.

The location was very convenient to town center where we wanted to be to see Trinity College, Ha'Penny Bridge and Temple Bar.

We will be back this week so extra eggs 😊

Not being able to park in the premises....as no parking...but we got adequate parking just a few yards away where the cat was safe

We had a lovely breakfast with friendly staff and finished every bit.....

Hugely disappointing .

Very little value for money. Uninterested staff . More like a hostel. Had to pay 10 euro each for a hairdryer and TV remote. I can stay in a 4 star hotel in Sydney for the price I paid here.

Sorry, nothing.

Poor.

You don't tell a handicapped person they are on the 1st level & take them to the top! Very heartless - and stupid! Aloofness of staff. With the exception of staff as above, people not responsive.

With the exception of the Housekeeper, the new female waitperson, and the Brazilian bartender, we found the rest of the staff aloof, stand-offish, and inattentive. Room was good - wrong floor.

Noise.

Noise. The rooms are above the bar which makes customers noise inevitable but the really annoying noise was either kitchen fans or toilet fans. Felt like sleeping next to the engine room of a ship!

Luxury rooms, very clean and close to centre

Check-in a bit late as is at 15, however, they provide you with a locker room to leave your luggage until the check-in that you can do until 12 that is very good. The location is not in the centre but it was just 10-15 minutes walking from the centre that for me was ok

We were 3 people and we get a very big room with 3 beds, very spacious, we had 3 big windows that give to you very nice light and at the same time tick curtains in order to don't get too much light in the morning. The floor is wood, thank God as we don't like carpet floor, the room very clean and tidy. The toilet very nice and spacious and clean. We have been in different locations in Ireland and I must say that this room was the best. If I come back to Dublin, for sure I will book again.

The staff was incredibly accommodating with storing our...

The staff was incredibly accommodating with storing our luggage and calling us a taxi. This is a bare bones property, and there will be noise from the bar and the street.

A few minor investments could greatly improve this hotel.

The room could do with a very thorough cleaning. Lots of built up dirt and dust in the nooks and crannies. Hallway carpets could do with a professional steam cleaning. Some of the bed linens were worn and could be replaced (a flat sheet could also be provided - the duvet is very warm and in summer is more than one requires). A deposit should not be required for a TV remote. Given the warning that water in the room is not safe for drinking, a few bottles of free water should be supplied. Selling overpriced water at the bar below does not make up for this. Comment cards are supplied in the room, however no pen is provided to allow one to complete the comment card.

Location was good. Decor in room is quite stylish. Check in was easy and staff were friendly.

we enjoyed our stay although didnt spend too much time in...

we enjoyed our stay although didnt spend too much time in the roomas booked for a concert would stay again if price wasnt so high food was good and room was comfortable overall good stay.

Overall, good stay for one night

The wifi didn't work in my room, and our window opened over the bar patio so during the evening we could hear patrons downstairs

The bed was comfortable

I loved the hotel itself and the staff.

We stayed on a Saturday night with a 4 am wake up call and we could not sleep because of the hotel being above a pub, there was loud music, yelling, and smells ALL NIGHT LONG. I guess I should've researched better.

I loved the hotel itself and the staff.

Very handy for Aviva stadium

Very confusing advertising parking, seemed to be on street parking so was unable to bring own car as was concerned abt not getting a space

Very handy for Aviva stadium

Comfortable stay.
    • Family Room

Check in is done at the public bar and we felt like an inconvenience as we were passed from 1 person to another until someone dealt with us. Bar was busy so we were literally handed keys and shown the door to get in. Tried to borrow a hairdryer, but no access to staff until bar opens at 10am so had to do without.

Location is excellent. Room was clean and shower excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Large room surprisingly well appointed compared to the age...

Large room surprisingly well appointed compared to the age of the premises. Single traveler so premises pub/restaurant downstairs a bonus. Good walking distance to central Dublin & train station just across the road.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Great location, facilities and staff.

If the Wifi worked in the room it would have been a little more convenient but not a biggy.

Read previous reviews that seemed indifferent but we found everything great. Wifi was a bit difficult but if you went down to bar, there was no problem. The room was great with a very comfortable bed. The shower was the biggest we had seen. As for TV remotes, you can always just use the manual version and really have we become such a lazy race that we MUST have a remote for goodness sake. The room was very modern and clean and we could not have asked for more.

Meh

We thought we'd be avoiding the noise of Temple Bar by staying a little ways away but that wasn't the case. The bar downstairs had karaoke until at least 1 am (Saturday night). Since our room was above the bar, it was hard to sleep. Didn't love that I had to put a $10 deposit down to use a hairdryer.

Good location, near Trinity College

Easy access to site seeing

Noises from busy roads and from the bar downstairs

The rooms are well kept and clean. The beds are comfortable. Centralised located to popular landmarks is just perfect! There is no on site or street parking but you can park at a nearby church yard for 10 euro a day.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Not fit for purpose. Will not be going back.

Where do I start? The bathroom window was broken and not secure, the shower control did not work - only very hot water, electrical razor socket in bathroom did not work, continuous noise through the night from a loud extractor fan outside my window, water advised not potable but no drinking water in room - only available from pub next door for €5. Breakfast only from 9am! €10 deposit for TV remote which has to be returned prior to departure - not possible before 9am and the WiFi did not work. No wonder they don't offer free cancellation. I have another booking for a trip in June but won't be going back.

Very little. The staff were polite but when I complained to the manager about all the problems listed below, the only thing they reacted to was to promise the broken window would be fixed. A shrug and 'we know that room has a problem with noise' was the best I could get and no chance of re-funding my next booking.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Good location, not the best for business trips.

It is a tavern, with very basic service. The check in is at the homonymous pub, you are given the key of your room and the passcode to open the door on the front street. You have to leave 10 EU deposit for the TV remote. You can get the breakfast (not included) from the pub, but starting only at 9:00, which is usually too late if you are on a business trip. The room's windows are unable to shield the street noise that, however, is not much overnight. I had some problems with the key of room 6, which was not working properly.

The bed was large and comfortable. The room was clean, with tea boiler, a small desk, and a wide (though quite essential and needing a bit of renovation) bathroom. Free WiFi is ok. Flat TV (need to leave a deposit for the remote). Personnel is gentle.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The location is ok

There is no WiFi!!! The staff promised me to fix it, but they didn't. The room is really small. The bed is also toooooo small. Cleanliness is ok. It is too expensive for this service.

The location is ok

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Comfortable, but needs attention to detail. Lots let it down. Great location

Cracked floor tiles and sink in bathroom, kettle was burnt on element, bedding clean but ink stained, towels had hole in. Cushions stained. Grout in bathroom needs redoing very messy and grubby looking were it is old.

Bed was comfortable, room was clean

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Not too bad, but expensive considering that the bathroom was cold like 0 degrees!

The bathroom was crazily cold as the windows were not fitting perfectly in the wall, therefore during the night and morning the bathroom was like 0 degrees!

nice room, clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Good location, room and great staff.

As I said it's above a pub with associated noises but not so bad when windows shut. Not a deal breaker for me and would stay again.

This is a great place for a short visit to Dublin. Nice short walk to the top end of OConnell Street with its shops and pubs. Above a lovely pub with fantastic staff.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Good hotel in the heart of Dublin

The Lombard is next to a really busy road. The single layered windows don't block the noise

Nice size room with good bathroom at a prime location above a really nice pub

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Great location but

There were joined single bedsfor a double and they wern't very comfortable.There was no remote control for the TV and the area for the Tea/coffees making facilties was a bit grotty.

Location is very good for meetings in IFSC etc or attending events in Bord Gais.

The room smelled funny

The room smelled funny

Good size room

The bathroom had a interesting smell with the door closed over night.

Good size room Good location Easy access and assistance from staff Nice shower

Cannot drink the tap water and asked for a taxi but it never...

Cannot drink the tap water and asked for a taxi but it never came 😓

Nice large bed

Nice large bed

Fantastic location and comfortable room

Wifi could be stronger

Fantastic location and comfortable room

Looking for food at 10.

Looking for food at 10.00 and even though kitchen closing a lovely man was able to offer us a choice - fish and chips or stew. Well done

An ideal location, and a nice size room to work from

Nothing, it was perfect for my needs

An ideal location, and a nice size room to work from

Bad!

No soap No fan or air con Very noisy

The staff were very friendly

No hairdryer, noisy on road, no air conditioning. check in said 2pm in their book but not allowed until 3pm

The staff were very friendly

Large room and bathroom

Room above the Beer Garden where activities and noise went on for quite a while in the evening

Large room and bathroom

Great location great staff great food!

Great location great staff great food!

Great staff, great location and a clean spacious room.

Great staff, great location and a clean spacious room. 100% recommended

Location to Trinity College

Wifi never worked in days, showed didn’t drain (such that you were ankle deep after one shower).

Location to Trinity College

Dublin

Shower didn't drain properly and internet was crap

Big windows, beds, location, staff

Very clean.

Only single glazed window so sound was a problem woke a good few times

Very clean. Very friendly staff. Good location.

Rooms upstairs over a pub, so a little noisy on Sunday night...

Rooms upstairs over a pub, so a little noisy on Sunday night with the windows open.

Good size room/bathroom and comfortable bed.

shower tray filled up and was blocked. TV remote didn't work.

Good size room/bathroom and comfortable bed.

Lombard Inn

Friendly waiter

Great value accommodation

Nothing.it was perfect

Very ckean6,friendly staff. will definitely stay again

It was clean but small

Its very basic and there is a lot of street noise

It was clean but small

The rooms were very neat, clean and modern.

The rooms were very neat, clean and modern.

An hour late for check in.

An hour late for check in.

Excellent stay

Excellent stay. Staff next door were great

Comfortable and clean.

Wi-Fi didn't work.

Clean and tidy.

Clean and strong powerful shower

2 single beds

Clean and strong powerful shower

I was up for business reasons and this was more than ample for my needs.

Although I didn't use it, the TV didn't seem to have a remote control.

Nice place, very central. Nice staff.