Reviews of The Rose Hotel 4 stars

Dan Spring Road, V92 HKA4 Tralee, Ireland

#5 of 13 hotels in Tralee

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Good stay but few improvements would have made it excellent

Service in the bar

Bedroom was cosy. Food in bar was lovely but service not great. The waitress who took my order refused to use an order book and even though I did suggest she get one, she said she’d remebembver. .... she did not. And the food arrived and just plonked on the table. 5 mins later I looked for cutlery.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Nice hotel but staff could be better trained.

Staff was very disappointing. Perhaps it is the local custom but I have never had a desk clerk address me by my first name. Then I had to return later to the desk to swipe my card so I could charge food to my room — only after being rudely told by the host in the bar that I could not sit at a bar stool because he had a waiting list. There were better ways of handling this - like positioning him at the door of the bar rather than jumping between us as we started to sit. What’s more the next day the desk clerk had to scan my card a third time to pay for the extra charges.

Lovely accommodations. Roomy and comfortable beds. Easy access from the highway even if the hotel is not located near any tourist areas and their are few alternative places to eat in walking distance.

Very nice dinner and treated ourselves to breakfast in room

Bit of a walk to the town restaurants. It was raining throughout our stay therefore a nice stroll was out of the question. Taxi. If you want to try the restaurant then book ahead. It was quiet on the Friday but we tried to book the Saturday and it was fully booked 😩. Our fault I suppose

Very nice dinner and treated ourselves to breakfast in room

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Beds were very comfortable and the room temperature could...
    • Executive Twin Room

Had to wait until 3.30 to get into the room. We ate at the Rose Room Restaurant, the lighting was too bright, needs to to dimmed down. My partner had the lobster which was a bit over cooked.

Beds were very comfortable and the room temperature could very easily be adjusted, room was airy and fresh. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

The facilities were very good and there was a good variety...

The reception on the TV wasn't great RTE2 was very bad at times. I think you need to update your system

The facilities were very good and there was a good variety at breakfast.

Good base for work and will stay again but more thought about breakfast please

Breakfasts are poor. No proper vegetarian option and salad and dressing with grilled kippers is just wrong. Gym small.

Staff very friendly and helpful, beds very comfortable, rooms very clean. Bar meals very good and good choice

Delightful stay for business. Would definitely come back here again. Very good pub food.

Service at breakfast was a little slow. I was told by another guest that it had been chaos earlier that morning. However, when I went to find a server, I was immediately apologised to and served. Lovely breakfast.

The room was very well laid out and welcoming. I was so delighted that I was automatically connected to WiFi without having to use a password. The welcoming sweets and water was much appreciated. Lovely room.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

My experience staying at the lovely Rose Hotel Tralee.

All the sockets were over under the mirror the other side of the room. I needed to use my phone in bed after a long day travelling and with the battery dead I could not do this. The light socket beside the bed even if you wanted to replace it with phone you could not. Same for laptop. The mattresses were also very hard. Probably orthopedic while semi orthopedic would be better. A central light in the bedroom instead of useless free standing one and a light over the mirror would be nice.

The excellent presentation and being central. The friendliness of the staff. The beautiful breakfast. The modern image. The photos of the Roses over the years. How spotless everything was. Loved the fridge in the bedroom and the instant access to wi-fi. The Air Conditioning was fab and so necessary. Your book in the bedroom explaining everything. John Costello body wash and soap.How pleasant it was not to have children running everywhere. Those there were very well behaved. No drunk people. Easy parking.

Blooming great hotel!

Weddings on both nights we stayed... if you plan to use the Rose hotel I would suggest asking for rooms that are not directly over the function room On request we were immediately accommodated after the first night to a different room

The staff at the Rose Hotel are absolutely first class.... Inga and Shannon being top of the class ! A quality hotel in every way... will return again.

Excellent Location

Outside our bedroom window we could hear the noise of air conditioning units so had to keep the windows closed.

Beautifully decorated. Extremely clean. Bar food excellent!

The rooms are spacious and clean with good air conditioning...

Can’t say I disliked anything

The rooms are spacious and clean with good air conditioning and big windows also a bonus .great staff as always very accommodating and always greeted with a smile.when we landed into our room there was a welcome plate with few different types of cake (had a different name on it ) but did try and was a nice touch.

Relaxing and enjoyable

The bed was very comfortable. Staff were amazing. Food was delicious. Couldn't be happier with our stay. We would defitanly recommend to friends and family.

Upgraded to a Junior Suite and the room was fabulous.

Upgraded to a Junior Suite and the room was fabulous. The beds were so comfortable, the rooms were spotless, the staff were wonderful and the food was amazing!

Top class comfort and luxury, quality food and wonderful staff.

That we could not stay longer! Nothing bad at all!

This hotel is amazing. From the moment we arrived staff were ever so helpful. We needed an earlier check in and staff went above and beyond to accommodate this. After my daughter mislaid a purse in a taxi staff organised its return to our room. The room was really spacious, very clean and luxurious. It has a lovely old style feel to however it exudes elegance and class. Really comfortable beds and bar food/ breakfast was excellent. Only sorry we could not stay longer. We to got complimentary entry to the Aquadome too!

Louise

Better coffee facilities in the room ...It was in the cupboard and the milk was off.

The bed was comfortable, food was great, the waitress was lovely in the bar. Breakfast good . Good location. Clean

Igna in the restaurant was unbelievable kind and helpful to...
    • Executive Twin Room

Igna in the restaurant was unbelievable kind and helpful to us my daughter was attending a competition that day and Igna went and made her sandwiches and a takeaway food box so that she wouldnt be hungry Igna went out of her way to helpful way beyond what would be expected I would definitely recommend this hotel to any of my friends

Nice hotel and comfy bed
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We could hear the entertainment late at night in the bar from the bedroom, while we were trying to sleep and kids also trying to sleep thought the rooms would be a bit more sound proof. Room wasn't ready at check in time 3.30 the day we arrived

Food was nice in the bar and pleasant staff

I didn’t think I would be coming back

The night I stayed no air conditioning and we were moved room three times , into someone else’s room the second time , and we got 4 hours sleep altogether

Well built,well run,well located.
    • Executive Twin Room

No toilet brush- I have downgraded the " cleanliness" score solely for this reason.Since it will cost almost nothing to put right, or may just have gone missing,I have not downgraded the bathroom score.

Huge well equipped room with no intrusion from noise,unwanted light,or difficulties with temperature or ventilation. Bath long enough for a tall person. Public areas spacious ,tasteful and well ventilated,with high kevel of service at meals and in bar. The location is very good for town centre access via Rose Garden,riverside walk to nature reserve and windmill,and for roads in any direction.

Really is the rose of tralee lovely hotel, friendly staff, great good great town will be back
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Only thing missing is a pool on site but the aqua dome is just up the road

Staff were more than helpful even moved us of there own accord when they realised our family room was over the ballroom where there was a wedding on as they did not want the noise effecting our staff. Food was lovely burgers to die for breakfast lovely and hot straight from the kitchen and lots of choice. Beds were comfy decor is lovely very aqua dome and cinema just a walk up then road and Tralee town has lovely shops and lovely beaches a short drive away

Most enjoyable, we will definitely be returning!!!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There really wasn’t anything we didn’t like!!!!

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left it was a joy. The staff were just so friendly and helpful, I wish I could remember the name of the woman we dealt with with, she is a true ambassador to your hotel, she went above and beyond to be helpful to our family, she wasn’t Irish,and had been to her other job in Cork before she started work that day in Tralee.There was a large party of us as we were traveling for my brothers wedding, it was the day we were waiting for the snow storm to “arrive “ . The hotel was quite busy and this woman was there all day, she was still there when we were going to bed and she severed us breakfast the next morning. We will most definitely be returning!!

Perfect Paddy's Day Weekend

We stayed at the Rose for a family wedding over St Patrick's Day weekend. Our room was lovely with a small but fully functional bathroom. Breakfast was delicious and the wedding meal was perfect. But the most impressive thing was the service. Friendly, helpful, and prompt. I would definitely stay here again.

Nice clean hotel. Busy at all times but nice atmosphere
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Disappointed that I had booked a family room but the room we had only had a double and a single bed and a “camp bed” had to be put into the room to accommodate my son, which made the room very cramped. I would expect that a family room would be able to accommodate 4 people at a minimum !!

Fresh breakfast made to order. Lots of staff available

It was comfortable, and the staff were excellent

Parts of it looked a little tired, panels by the lift the 3rd floor so obviously held in place with a lot of ugly looking screws. Would like to see some bottles of water in the room.... doesn't cost a fortune and not all tap water tastes good

It was comfortable, and the staff were excellent

Children running screaming everywhere, should not be allowed in the bar after 7pm. Rugby match over yet large TV in dining area of bar very loud at 8pm.This is out 3rd visit to the hotel quality appears to have decreased.Towels and pillows poor quality for 4 star hotel

Staff in Dotty bar excellent and very attentive.

We were rejected at check in after travelling over an hour...

We were rejected at check in after travelling over an hour and a half staff at reception instantly looked down and the manager did not have the respect or time to tell us themselves the reason we were not accepted on site. Really unprofessional. It doesn’t take much to be nice to people

It was all we expected and more.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There isn't anything I could fault the staff and Hotel on. It was all we hoped. There was a wedding at the time of our stay and we had no bother with noise or anything else. It was an overall brilliant experience.

We were 5mins from the cinema and the AquaDome which is what we wanted. There was a vast variety of food for all meals. The staff were very accommodating to us, our son is 8yrs old had an absolute ball, he loved the whole experience and was delighted at how near the AquaDome was also.

Room was perfect and ready earlier than the 3 o clock check...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room was perfect and ready earlier than the 3 o clock check in time.. breakfast was well worth the extra 10 euro for our family of four and the selection was great

Lovely stay!! Great location.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The breakfast could have been better! E.g.they didn't use real butter for the toast! Also my salmon bagel didn't have enough cream cheese on it it was a bit dry! But still was enjoyable

The location was perfect! The kids enjoyed the cinema and aquadome next door!!

Lovely hotel
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We booked a family room and we were put in a standard room with a fold up bed. When i brought it to their attention that we were dissatisfied we were moved to an executive room.

Staff were friendly

An all too short visit !

Our breakfast waitress forgetting to bring my tea !

Friendly staff, warm and cosy atmosphere on a freezing December night, good food, comfy bed, underground car park.

Liked the friendliness of the staff.

Nothing. It was great.

Liked the friendliness of the staff. Warm welcome everywhere. The rooms were fantastic and spacious. The bed was comfy and not back shattering.

The exemplary , professional care given to us made the stay very comfortable despite sadness of visi

the only negative thing that I would comment on is that the salad for the dinner in the bar had been pre prepared and dressing had actually congealed on the top making it very unappetising looking but other than that small issue all aspects of customer service was excellent.

Although this particular visit to Tralee was for a close relatives funeral the staff in the hotel made the stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible under the circumstances. The Customer service is second to none in all areas of the hotel and I would not hesitate in returning under happier circumstances... a big well done to all staff.

Looking forward to returning!

I really enjoyed my stay at The Rose Hotel. It was my first time staying there and I will be returning without a doubt. My room was amazing and the breakfast was superb. Staff were lovely and the hotel overall was beautiful.

Great hotel on all levels. Friendly warm staff . Fab gym and spa ,very comfortable rooms .

Couldn't fault anything other than the bar was very warm at times.

The staff were all fantastic , customer service was super. The restaurant, bar food and breakfast was excellent and great value for money.

Excellent food.

No faults .... A little pricey

Excellent food... Friendly and helpful staff.... Lovely welcoming touch in the bedroom.. Spacious room.. Lovely bathroom products

In Haiku form: "Drove to Rose hotel, stayed there just one night for work, it was really great!"

There was a little noise coming from the room next door to ours, but that can't be helped in a lot of cases (depends on the people). But maybe signs in rooms reminding people to be considerate of other guests could be considered?

You know what? The bed WAS soft like a cloud :-D (in response to the question the text box asked me). It was a lovely place, the rooms were comfy, the bathrooms nice and very clean, and the hallways were very nice too!

Great hotel, beautiful decor, fabulous food and lovey staff.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Booked a family room 2 adults and 2 children. A small bed was added for one child in a triple room but could not be sleep in as all you could feel was the springs coming through.The hotel was very busy when we stayed so he just shared our bed.

Breakfast was fabulous.

Lovely stay...would go back
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No onsite pool which you almost expect in a 4 star hotel, Aquadome is fab but expensive for a family!

Nice location close to the Aquadome and a lovely walk through the Rose Walk to the beautiful Rose Gardens and into the town centre. We stayed during the Rose of Tralee festival and while the staff were up the walls they were still very friendly and helpful! Would recommend, ideal for Families.

Excellent experience.

The staff were exceptional friendly. WE were made feel very welcome. Despite the fact that the Rose of Tralee was taing place the following week we flt we were treated just as special!

Check in was a disaster.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Check in was a disaster... Waiting over 30 mins and then they only had a double room reserved instead of a family room which was booked. They informed us that when you book through booking.com, only a double room is booked on their system even though a family room was booked on the website.

Good Hotel well situated

I did not see anything I would change

The overall standard was excellent and the breakfast was great. The Hotel was in a good location as we were travelling the Wild Atlantic Way with Canadian friends from Sligo going South.

I liked the friendliness of the staff and the location.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I didn't like the room. I booked what I thought would be a family room but it was a double with a camp bed put in.

I liked the friendliness of the staff and the location.

Lovely place for a family break

Happy with everything. The only complaint was from my 5 year old niece Rose as there was no Coco pops at the breakfast buffet but this was forgiven as you had the foresight to name the hotel after her!

Very clean and nicely decorated rooms very comfortable beds, loved the decor in the Reception area, really nice breakfast menu. Very nice atmosphere, this is my second visit and I will be definitely back again.

Brilliant location!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Excellent hotel, large but very comfortable and staff attentive and helpful. Room was comfortable and breakfast was amazing! Good location for exploring Co Kerry.

Best kept secret in Ireland
    • Executive Twin Room

I am on a motorbike trip around UK and Ireland staying at 13 differnt hotels This hotel is by far the best - food amazing and the staff set the bar very high for other local hotels to compete .

A very Happy Easter!!

Nothing comes to mind!

Stayed on Easter Sunday - shortly after arriving an easter egg was brought to the room for my son which was a nice touch!! There was a kids club available that evening which my son attended, he had a great time. The girls on duty at the club really looked after the kids - never leaving them out of their sight - and when it was over escorted them back to their rooms.

We where happy to get away and even happier with everything when we got there.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

It was our 1st trip away with our 7 month old child. The whole experience was excellent. Staff were unbelievably nice. The hotel was so comfortable and had everything we needed. They accommodated our few requests without any hassle. We will be defiantly going again and recommending to friends.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Don't expect an early night

I was running the Marathon the next day and couldn't get much sleep before 3am as you could clearly hear and feel major vibration from the wedding reception on. Sure in a hotel of this quality should have some degree of sound proving!!! When I rang down to inquire about why I could hear everything so load the guy on the phone was rude and unhelpful. He basically said there's nothing he could do and hung up the phone.

Good location, modern facilities. Good parking facilities. Emer the girl on reception was excellent at her job, she seemed to be there all day and night and was still happy and friendly all the time.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Great service in a perfect location

I cannot fault anything.

Nicely attentive staff, correct mix of good service without being over powering. A special mention to the house keeping staff who attended to my request for early servicing of my room due to working night shifts and respecting "do not disturb" requests.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Great food, Great rooms, Great Price, If you are travelling to Kerry stay here!
    • Executive Double Room

For once i don't have anything to complain about, Nothing!

The staff are great, super friendly and very professional. I've stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world and the service here matches any of them. The gym is well equipped and the trainers are professionals, great sauna & Steam room. Restaurant serves great food using local produce and is very reasonably priced with 2 courses for £29 - The bar is equally as good with reasonably priced drinks and the best pint of Guinness i have had in a long time. Rooms are big and comfortable, but by far the best thing if the price. If you are travelling to Kerry stay here!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Staff are very helpful, Rooms are spotless !

Staff are very helpful, Rooms are spotless ! Food is top class , location and connectivity to Town Centre via the Rose walk is FAB! Dotts Bar Food is scrummy and the ambience and opulent feel of the whole place is magical !

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

We will be back😃😃

Dining room open earlier than 6.30 we were going to show in siamsa tire and needed to be there at 7.30 it would have been nice if we could have had more time to enjoy dinner

room facilities tea making etc and beautiful bathroom toiletries

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Comfortable bed.

Small variety of tv channel,noise from a wedding kept me awake until all hours of the morning. 1 or 2 male reception staff very abrupt or rude. All female staff were perfect.

Comfortable bed. Good shower. Clean room. Good food. Good bar. Good location.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Luxury on a dime!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Food and service in pub wasn't the best but it seemed like a busy night.

So luxurious and what a treat after a week of B&Bs! Food in pub was so-so but everything else was excellent!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Didn't have the breakfast but a great hotel with very...

Didn't have the breakfast but a great hotel with very friendly staff , especially in the bar during the day on Saturday, there was a barman with red hair , very helpful and great craic

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Lovely hotel will definitely be back

7,50 charge for room service.. usually it's cheaper

I loved the spacious room the bath the breakfast room service everything really. Bar staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Enjoyed the hotel. Beautifully decorated.

We were there for an IFA election and there were not enough seats for people, eventhough I know 300 seats were setup. The event went over time and the bar closed. We could not get resident drinks.

The breakfast was lovely and fresh.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Room was fine, but the staff were very unprofessional.

We attended a large family gathering in the restaurant with my father in law , we ordered our meal half the table ordered starters and the rest declined on the starters, we proceeded to order the mains half ordered from the specials and the rest from the main menu. The starters arrived ok and then the orders from the main menu arrived. We were waiting for the specials to arrive for a few minutes when a young waiter hardly 20 came to the table and told us they had run out of the fish and we could have cod. Really a manager should have approached our table and apologised we went looking for a manager, who told us we could have the 2 meals free with such an attitude. We then waited another 15 minutes for 3 fish dishes which should have arrived sooner. The table beside us had the same problem a large 80th birthday party, we ordered deserts presuming these would be on the house but when the bill arrived we were charged , when we asked for them to removed from the bill the manager replied with no apology, " well that figures". It was a very embarrasing situation as half the table had come from London for the evening.

the room was really comfy

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

I loved my stay and will stay there again

I could not find any faults with the Rose.

I loved the fact that the restaurant had such a comprehensive gluten free menu. The staff were lovely and very helpful. My room was very clean comfortable with plenty of bathroom supplies

Business trip - will have to return for a holiday though

no swimming pool - but I was there for work, it is the only downside f this hotel. there is one close by though

Spacious rooms and lovely breakfast cooked fresh, brown bread was lovely, great location too.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Breakfast fantastic

Bedroom a little bit on the small side. Would have expected a separate shower and bath and quality of shower wasn't great. Didn't like staff opening door at 9 am to see was it empty for housekeeping. Would have expected they had a list of rooms that would have been empty.

Breakfast fantastic

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Awesome

I didn't like the fact that I had to leave lol

Just quality... nothing was cheap & tacky, the rooms & bar especially was just top notch & great staff. Great place

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

The staff were very helpful.

Nothing could have been improved

The staff were very helpful.Really accommodated the fact that I was on a gluten free diet.We attended a wedding there.The food was beautiful.Breakfast the next morning was excellent.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Emails telling me how many days left to your stay at rose...

Emails telling me how many days left to your stay at rose hotel it was meant to be a surprise night away for my wife but ye ended that surprise with yer emails to be honest I would be very very slow to use booking.com after my experience it was a surprise 1 night away not a 2 week vacation to another country...

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Excellent breakfast buffet.

On arrival at 17.30 the shower was warm ish but not hot. Only two bath towels for two guests. Most women require two towels having long hair.

Excellent breakfast buffet. Biggest choice breakfast menu I have ever seen in a hotel. Would return for the breakfast alone. Lovely clean hotel with helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Nice hotel. Lovely decor. Friendly staff.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very substandard breakfast as with all hotels it was precooked and not made to order. However, the buffet breakfast had good choice and they even had soya milk and other milk options if you ring in advance.

The decor and lobby were very nice

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Location was spot-on for us - beside aqua-dome and omniplex.

Inattentive bar staff - the queue for breakfast - no attempt made whatsoever to acknowledge halloween - ie activities for the kids - 4-star hotel with 4-star barfood prices - no kids menu (that I could see)

Location was spot-on for us - beside aqua-dome and omniplex.......room was clean - and comfortable bed - and mini-fridge in room was a good idea - buffet at breakfast was excellent, the full-irish not so much.....

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Would definitely recommend here
    • Executive Double Room

Room service in the morning came without cutlery, that's the only complaint. Everything else was amazing.

Room was very spacious and had a balcony. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Couldn't have picked a nicer hotel to stay in.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

Will be back
    • Executive Twin Room

Nothing even the weather was good

Food was excellent .staff were friendly from start to finish .beds I could have slept all day

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Very enjoyable

Very clean, wonderful fresh quality breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Every thing is owesome

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The staff were fantastic

Very comfortable.

Very comfortable. Very good breakfast.