Reviews of The Green 4 stars

Stephens Green, D2 Dublin, Ireland

#121 of 149 hotels in Dublin

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

It was fine.

I was very surprised that there was no late service. Arriving back at the hotel at 1145hrs to be told that there was no bar service or any food whatsoever was disappointing to say the least. For a central Dublin hotel this is not the service I was expecting

The hotel was very nice and was adequate for our needs.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Great location in the heart of Dublin!

Other than checking us in, the receptionist on duty didn't tell us anything. We went down to breakfast thinking that it was included only to find out that it wasn't. And it took them all day to come around to clean our room, until after 2pm. Just little things were communication could have been improved!

All the amentities of the hotel were new and very modern. The location is second to none. We were attending a wedding right down the street, but it's just a 2 minute walk from Grafton street. Everything is just easy to get to when you're there.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Perfect location, nice and comfortable hotel

One member of the staf, I thin his name is Colm McDonnell, was arrogant and did not help at all when asking for it. We asked f.ex. if he knew where the Dublin half marathon would be held (we were in Dublin because of it), he said, no I don't know - you should no that not me. Did not bother to check for us.

Nice hotel, perfect location. Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful. One of the staff member, unfortunately I don't have his name - took a time to browse the internet with me to find a restaurant suitable for our occasion. And another one told us about interest places to see.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

perfect location - fine for a night

I was in an old room - new bathroom but old bedroom. Smelt a bit stale and looked pretty tired. But bed was comfy. Breakfast was OK but not very exciting. Lunch was slow but nice when it arrived.

Nice bed. Nice staff (although ladies in the restaurant were a bit grumpy.) My colleagues had returned rooms and I didnt - hate that when we all pay the same rate

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Excellent hotel overall. Would stay again.
    • Executive Room

Staff were mostly very helpful But On occasion service in the restauarant was slightly slower then expected. Also, would have like Gym/pool facilities

Rooms of a high standard both for on furnsishings and cleanliness. Location of hotel was perfect for Dublin City centre

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Due to the high level of noise trams & traffic only had...
    • Executive Room

Due to the high level of noise trams & traffic only had a few hours sleep. Also we where told twice that we had the wrong car park even thou it was the right one !

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Wonderful few days in my wonderful city, will be back soon.

The situation of the hotel is ideal for shopping, theatre, walking the lovely park, streets, etc.so near the heart of Dublin, transport etc. The relaxed and helpful attitude of front of house staff made our stay so easy, thank you all. Ann Walker

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

I checked in fairly late on Saturday night due to a shortage in rooms in Dublin. When I entered the room, it was colder than outside. I tried to adjust the heating which was broken. It appears that the room hasn't been used in a while due to the broken heating, but it was given to me. I called reception and I didn't receive an answer, so I proceeded to the reception where I asked if this can be adjusted. I went out, came back 30 minutes later and ask if the heating was fixed. The reception told me that there is no more rooms left but they will provide me with a heater, which I was happy it. 2 hours later, I didn't receive any heater, and after trying in vain to book another hotel room, I had to sleep in a relatively cold room, and woke up with a cold (of course!). I said this at check out who said she will said it to the manager, to my confusion. I would like to ask a full refund for my stay at the Green.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Comfortable, friendly, expensive.

We had breakfast included. Most hotels you get continental and your hot breakfast, but here you had to choose between the two. The choice was between full Irish, continental or vegetarian breakfast, if you wanted anything else from the menu you would have to pay an extra €5. If you do not have breakfast included the full Irish, vegetarian breakfast and even the continental would cost you €17 each.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The bed was massive and really comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Myself and my partner stayed in an Executive Room for her...

Myself and my partner stayed in an Executive Room for her birthday. Great location, nice room with a pretty cool bathroom. I would definitely stay here again given the location'

Good location.

Toilet seat broken in bathroom - the lid never opened fully so that when you sat down, it was always touching your back. I would think the cleaning staff would have noticed this. Air conditioning weird. I couldn't figure out how to adjust it. Our room had an odd buzzing sound - like a mini fridge, but we didn't have a fridge in our room.

Good location. Nicely decorated rooms.

great rooms but that is about all went to other hotels to avail of better dining and relaxing

breakfast and evening dining in one room which was also the bar . The bar carried a very limited amount of choice of drinks not what you expect for a four star hotel . No atmosphere in hotel as their was a poor area in lobby for relaxing or reading.

the bedrooms and bathroom were excellent after refurbishment but rooms difficult to find had to take two different lifts to get to room which was a first ever for us having travelled quite a bit over the years

Amazing bathroom.

Still being refurbished meant a confusing route to the room. But it was worth it

Amazing bathroom. Lovely shower. Lots of space. Excellent bar area. Very clean

When we returned to hotel and approx 10.

When we returned to hotel and approx 10.45pm we were both hungry and thought we might be able to get a sandwich to room but were told no food available.

Missing something!!
    • Executive Room

No air con in my room .. not working. Made worse by being told they would sort it out but didn’t. Just made worse by not saying anything about it not working . No apology or disconnected by !!

loved the hotel just a bit disappointed with no staff

hotel was under renovations at the time of our stay and executive lounge was closed so maybe a bottle or two of water in the room would have been good especially since there was coffee making facilities. One big disappointment was on returning to hotel at 11.00 we found there was no bar available, there was no staff ???

location and décor of hotel is excellent, breakfast was really nice and we had a great choice

The room was great and the location was very good.
    • Superior King Room

The staff working at the hotel had no idea what they were doing and spent more time talking to each other for help than dealing with the customers and i had gotten an email saying the hotel was under reconstruction failed to mention the staff, overall the staff were very poor especially for the price of the stay for one night definitely not a 4 star hotel.

The room was great and the location was very good.

Room lovely.

Bar staff untrained. Long wait at the bar... 25 minutes to pour 2 gin and tonic when only 4 customers at the bar.

Room lovely. Very clean. Got complimentary upgrade as room was not ready for us checking in.

Parking is not on site and a little pricey even with hotel discount.

Arrived early and staff was friendly and took care of our luggage - king room was spacious, bed was very comfy. Bathroom was new - water pressure was weak, but beautiful design. Appreciated the aircon.

Location excellent, comfortable & clean!

Slightly over-powering smell in the room (cleaning agents or something)

Very close for shopping, very close to coppers, very comfortable, very clean! 👍🏻

Comfortable good location couldn't ask for better.

Maybe they should onside putting a bottle of two of water in the rooms.

This hotel is pristinely clean, staff lovely. Location for us was great. We have stayed in many hotels in Dublin this was the very best so far. We are just back from Toronto and I would rate this hotel on the same level.

The bed was big and comfortable.

No parking. Found it hard to find the car park. No bath after it was advertised in a standard room for two. Bar didn't have all alcohol drinks and more like a restaurant rather than a place to sit and relax while having a drink.

The bed was big and comfortable.

Nice hotel, but false and misleading information lead to us paying a massive price for what we got!

Absolutely no mention on Booking.com of renovation to restaurant. Planned on having a nice meal there before heading off to a play that night. I even doubled checked the official hotel website and says it is closed up until April 1st 2018. It is now May 31st and still says that on the website! And for the price we paid to stay for 1 night was infuriating to discover it was closed upon arrival. Also, on check-out, the girl at the desk was very rude, it was like we were a nuisance to her when checking out. We were the only ones in ghe reception area and looked at us as if what do ye want? and eventually said "yes?".

Location for a show in the Gaiety Theatre. Very clean, lovely breakfast.

Nice and comfortable room with a large bed

Construction work an the main entrance, had to enter through the maintenance entrance. The construction work took place right in front of our window with workers looking inside

Nice and comfortable room with a large bed

The bathroom
    • Executive Room

Bar was closed. No fan in bathroom. Very slow at reception. For €350 I’d expect a lot more. I’ve stayed in cheaper hotels that were better value for money.

The bathroom

A very disappointing expensive stay.

A very dirty lift floor during our entire weekend stay. TV not working in our room , packed up our clothes & toiletries again and moved to another room after half an hour ! and 2 phone calls. Resting on our bed when other guests had the same card key and entered our room shocking . On return late at night & exhausted to find our card key was not working , down to reception again Check out day - waiting for our taxi in the lounge , on asking staff directions to the toilets informed that the only one toilet was out of order ! Received one tea & coffee after 2 requests and billed 8 Euro no sugar offered - shocking!

Location was excellent for a first time visit to Dublin
    • Superior King Room

No sheet on bed if you’re too hot sleeping under a comforter. Window on bathroom door-gross. Very few staff members spoke English but they tried really hard to help us with requests anyway.

Location was excellent for a first time visit to Dublin

Great location, worst pillows ever

Worst pillows I’ve slept on in 20 years. Might as well have been bags of flour. Come on people - that’s a pretty basic thing to have totally missed the mark

Great location, friendly staff. Bit of a language barrier

The bed was really comfortable and the bathroom was amazing.

We ended up paying a lot for this hotel, mainly due to the to the Ed Sheeran concert being on at the same time.

The bed was really comfortable and the bathroom was amazing. Lovely décor and great shower!

All rooms in Dublin are expensive, but the location and quality of the room were excellent.

No complaints.

The remodeled room was clean and the bathroom was a good size with an excellent shower. We arrived early in the morning hoping to just drop off our bags prior to checkin but were thrilled to learn that our room was available immediately. We are indebted to their kindness.

Disappointed

The hotel was a building site. Strong smell of paint. The furniture in the lounge/ reception area/ restaurant was still wrapped in the plastic foil and the boxes were stored in the corner. All the windows downstairs were covered with foil “Coming soon”, as the hotel was not even opened yet. There was no mention of this situation on the Booking.com and the price of 200€/ night was absolutely not appropriate.

The location was perfect for a city trip visit.

300 euro for no facilities

. No bar no restaurant plus my wife wanted to use the bathroom on arrival and was told no facilities available Breakfast in a 4th floor room sharing tables. Waiting 35 mins at 12 o clock for a glass of water. That's inexcusable

the room was lovely. No bar no restaurant plus my wife wanted to use the bathroom on arrival and was told no facilities available That's inexcusable

Disappointing and therefore overpriced.

Due to refurbishment, this was a disappointing experience for us. The place was a bit like a building site. The staff tried hard but, sadly, the hotel just wasn't able to give us the service we had anticipated. Each day, the hotel lifts and public access spaces were restricted, with workmen very busy, noise constant and building materials and trailing cables evident. There was also a lot of noise from, we assumed, the heating or air conditioning on the 6th floor. In the evenings, the restaurant was closed and the bar open infrequently. This was a matter of some concern for us. Had we known about the implications of refurbishment in advance, we certainly would not have booked. However, none of this was apparent when we booked. When we did find out, just before our arrival on 10 April, the website suggested that the bar and restaurant would be open by 1 April. Clearly, this was inaccurate. This disappointing experience will cause us to think carefully before any future bookings.

As members, we have used the O'Callaghan group in Dublin a number of times. This is normally a good hotel which we have used before and which we chose because of this. This was not the hotel's finest hour. In the circumstances, the staff tried very hard and their dedication was commendable. The breakfast staff, for example, were very attentive and breakfast food was good. The service from a young Venezualan waitress (Daniela??) was particularly good.

Disappointing.

The hotel is undergoing extensive renovations. Several facilities are not accessible, the bar/restaurant is hardly ever open, and the hotel is dated... I found it shocking to pay for a luxury hotel while I had the worst experience ever! Full price for half a hotel is not good value :(

The bed was comfortable even though it was 2 beds put together.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Lots of drink

Overpriced

Overpriced

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Great staff and great location.
    • Executive Room

Great staff and great location.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Great staff and a very nice location

Great staff and a very nice location

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Nespresso Machine wasn’t working.

Nespresso Machine wasn’t working. So disappointed!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

there was a tapas only menu for dinner which meant I had to...

there was a tapas only menu for dinner which meant I had to go out - poor selection!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Overall it was 👌🏻

I took my luggage to my room alone , late entry .

The bathroom was modern. The wi-fi was super fast. The vegetarian breakfast was amazing.

Comfortable bed

Bathroom facilities, leaking water everywhere. No towels clean when changing the room in second day. Poor breakfast.

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Friendly staff

Friendly staff Perfect location Amazing room interiors Good breakfast Perfect for a Dublin city trip

Comfortable stay

No evening dinner menu, would have been nice to have been informed of this at check-in

Great bed and shower facilities

The housekeeping of our room, not good at all

The housekeeping of our room, not good at all

All in all a very pleasant stay

Breakfast was a bit disorganised

Lovely comfy beds

Great location, poor service and quality of bed linen was very poor

Service was terrible

Great room nice shower

Lack of facilities. No 24 hour room service as advertised

Great room nice shower

Disappointed with evng food menu and barbreally quiet had to go oit

Bar Reataurant very poor and no room facility

Bedrrom.and Bed good

I was delighted with my stay,staff and facilities excellent

I was delighted with my stay,staff and facilities excellent

Very nice place, clean and quiet.

Location, cleanliness, bathrooms and toilets

Dissappointing hotel with no atmosphere.

Bar area. TV didn't work. €6.50 for a bottle of water.,

Fab location right in Dublin.
    • Superior King Room

Fab location right in Dublin.

Great location and a nicely updated facility.

Based on what I was paying, I expected more customer service than what was received.

Great location and a nicely updated facility.

Excellent stay in a beautiful city centre hotel with exceptionally friendly and helpful staff.

Parking nearby is quite expensive.

The staff were lovely, hotel decor beautiful and superb central location.

No clean on the Sunday we were there and Monday clean forgot a towel and minor stuff

So close to the city highlights

Night Porter was inappropriately dressed, with a wet towel...

Night Porter was inappropriately dressed, with a wet towel draped over his uniform, and had poor customer service. Reception Staff were lovely.

The location .

LACK OF fOOD SERVICE

The location .

Bedrooms are fantastic & very clean Staff very friendly & helpful Great location

Comfortable but over priced and over sold . There are many better hotels in Dublin 2

No gym though advertised as have one. Breakfast at 7 am. Queue to join. Bed fittings broken

Bathroom

The staff were very rude.
    • Executive Room

The staff were rude and disorganised.

The staff were very rude.

The foyer toilets downstairs to freshen up were really nice.

The foyer toilets downstairs to freshen up were really nice. More people should be directed towards them when they leave to refresh before they go.

Under renovations but was handles well

location is amazing , also the hotel is very modern and...

location is amazing , also the hotel is very modern and clean, staff is very helpful

The hotel was under refurbishment.
    • Superior King Room

The hotel was under refurbishment. The restaurant and bar were closed. Staff were not very helpful

It was great and I am coming back soon

The hotel and the place

Fabulous location right in the heart of the city centre

Was in a fabulous room, was like a mini-suite, great to have that little bit of extra space.

everything

everything

The pillows

The pillows

• Reviewed: 5 May 2016

Location was the positive for this hotel, lovely park to...

Two beds pushed together, one had a soft mattress, one had a harder mattress. Two very flat pillows each. No draught cider in, all beers! Breakfast cold everday, toast machine to make your own! Okay in a cheap hotel, but i paid nearly 900 euros for 4 nights. Not value for money, not even bottled water in room, you can puchase it at reception! We were extremely disappointed with this hotel. Dublin is a fabulous place to visit.

Location was the positive for this hotel, lovely park to walk through to get to temple bar and shops.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Bed was very comfortable.

The girls at the front desk were lovely, but seemed a little "green". Or maybe English wasn't their first language?They had a tough time giving directions and answering other questions.

Bed was very comfortable. Didn't eat there (breakfast was an extra cost). Location was its best characteristic. Elevator service was quick. Housekeeping was excellent.

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

The staff were so welcoming and made our stay extra special.

The staff were so welcoming and made our stay extra special. We were there to celebrate my father's 60th birthday and he was overjoyed with the room and the little touches the hotel provided to help him celebrate his birthday.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

The staff was very helpful and kind.

We wish they would have pay per view movies for the evenings that we just crashed after a busy day. The only other possible feedback was that we felt the room was a little dark, could have used another light fixture maybe.

The staff was very helpful and kind. Marisol, Rishi and everyone at the front desk was great and the bartenders in the bar were very nice. We had minimal interaction with the restaurant staff, but they were nice as well. Vlad from room service was really great in the mornings! The hotel was in good shape. The bathroom was awesome for 2 people, although the glass screen on the shower was a little ridiculous, would have preferred a shower curtain. The king bed was really comfortable. Wifi was great, never had a problem. We were on the 4th floor and on the street and we didn't have any noise issues at all. The location was awesome, we could walk just about anywhere and if we got tired cabs were everywhere. I took a lot of time reviewing hotels and I feel like I made a great choice in general and the value for the money was grand. We would absolutely come back and recommend this hotel!

There are also 41 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.