Reviews of Travelodge Limerick Castletroy 3 stars

Dublin Road, Castletroy, V94 Y83C Limerick, Ireland

#27 of 33 hotels in Limerick

Pleasant and friendly.

Everything was perfect.

The rooms and bathrooms clean and plenty of towels. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Plenty of parking space. Close to the university.

Awful. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

No air conditioning. The hotel acted like a storage heater. The windows couldn’t be opened sufficiently and I believe the heat in the rooms was a health and safety hazzard. No bar. No proper place to eat breakfast.

Not much.

Too Hot! I would have slept better in the car.

The hotel is like an oven. The windows only open a tiny fraction so no air. Honestly you wouldn't have left a dog in the heat in the room! We were given a small fan but it done nothing only circulate warm air. Also only 3 plug sockets in the room, we had 2 fans plugged in so toss a coin for who gets to charge their mobile phone. If its warm weather I strongly recommend not booking. Don't say you wasn't warned.

The hotel is really nice, clean and looks like the rooms have been recently renovated.

Spotless and extremely friendly staff.

Unfortunately we were there during last week’s heat and the room was stifling. Staff provided a fan but it was still incredibly hot. 🔥

Spotless and extremely friendly staff.

Great value rooms.

All the windows need work to open and in the warm weather (July 2018) rooms on both sides were extremely hot. We were given fans, but that was just moving hot air.

Great value rooms.

Completely terrific.

What a surprise! I had low expectations for a property like this, but it was terrific. Friendly colors, well-decorated room, nice and clean inside and out, really kind staff, fun view of the sunrise, and FAB café next door. Even the espresso machine put out some good stuff. I would easily stay here again. Save yourself a search, just book this one!

Would stay again but temperatures would have to be lower

The room was clean and good size . With a full wall of a glass and only one small opening in this weather!!!! There was no air . After only a few hours sleep we left and went home to our own bed.

Staff were lovely got us taxie of going out. the lady was so kind says if we couldn’t get a taxi back to hotel simply ring travel lodge and the would book a taxi to collect us and bring us back . And the staff when we got in were welcoming. and the same on leaving hotel .

College location

Room had stains on roof, brown stains on bed runners and a hole in the carpet No staff on hand when we checked out as they were outside texting. We were excited to see a pizza machine in the lobby but it was put of order.

Close to the college for easy access

Terrible,too hot to sleep

Stay away from this hotel in hot weather No air conditioning, windows don't open no black out curtains .way to hot up by 6 every morning

Beds were good

Everything was perfect i couldnt of asked for any more i was really happy with my stay i would recommenef this to any of my friends and i will be calling again and the staff was excellent really peacefull see you soon

Only stay there, if you have no other option

the attitude of staff at check-in, they were outright rude, and insulting, gave no explanation for requesting an ID, other than, if I need to request an ID, I need to request an ID, very unprofessional and a smile wouldn't hurt their faces

The bed was comfy, and it was a nice and quiet stay

Hot

The room was very hot and there was no air conditioning. The windows were huge and because it was very sunny the room became extremely warm. Staff were very nice and provided a fan and said that there was a film on the window to prevent heat build up but clearly it did not work. I took their advice and opened the window during the day and kept the blinds pulled but it was like a sauna in the room. A room which faced away from the sun would have been better.

The bed was comfortable

Bed comfy;

Unprofessional reception! The guy was eating & checking us in at the same time, hair dishevelled & dirty (crumbs).Minimum facilities...i.e. 2 (only)stir wooden stick; minimum supply of toilet paper!....

Bed comfy; Room clean.

They way my 25year old son and his pregnant girlfriend were...

They way my 25year old son and his pregnant girlfriend were asked for a €100 deposit because of there age when the other members of my family were not asked for this deposit. They arrived a little later than us. Myself and my family had 4rooms booked we stay in rooms 101/105/me in107 my son 110. So my wife had to talk to yr receptionist and tell him off at discrimination against my son and his PREGNANT girlfriend on trying to charge them the deposit. It turnned out OK in the end but it shouldn't have happened they were made feel like little tugs by your staff.. Kind regards Ian Oneill.

Was what you'd expect from a travelodge

Prepaid for breakfast in cafe next door, which didn't open until 7.30. Arrived for breakfast at 7.40 and was told there would be a 30 minute wait or longer. I did not have time to wait. Receptionist did gave a refund straight away. Had to leave with no breakfast.

Was what you'd expect from a travelodge

Some lights not working/bulbs missing.

Some lights not working/bulbs missing. Tv remote didn’t work. Restaurant beside the hotel- slow service. Called in the first evening to ask what time they were open till- told 6pm. Went back at 5.35pm to be told the kitchen closed at 5.30pm. Ended up with vending machine pizza- dreadful. Guest services directory in the room was empty.

I won't stay in this hotel again

There's no internet, bedroom with terrible smell and still stupid idea of ​​needing the card to use the elevator, which does not work at first, you have to spend some time trying to make the card work.

It was a large and comfortable room with a beautiful view.

The Wifi sometimes did not work and the TV in the room also did not work. Attention was immediately given to the problems raised. They were sorted out.

It was quiet, comfortable and affordable. The bus service into the city centre was frequent and once we had that figured out, we could go when and where we liked. The fact that there is a well-equipped Aldi (supermarket) close to the Travelodge also helped a lot.

Overall unhappy

The Xpelair in the bathroom was on for most of the night and it was so noisy we did not have a good nights sleep so obviously we would not return to the hotel strictly because of that. The restaurant next door ( attached to the hotel) was very pricey for breakfast and the Tea and Coffee were not included in an already inflated price.

Staff were excellent, the bedroom was excellent

A nitmare

There was a lot of travellers staying at the hotel and the noise was desperate got no sleep, afraid to leave the room. The guards were there travellers fighting i was terrified. An awful experience for me and my husband. Would never stay there again. Banging on the walls children roaring and shouting.

It was quiet

On arrival the underground car park was out of order so couldnt be used.. the room looked basic but fine .. when I went into the bathroom I found an eaten chicken wing in the floor? The sheets on the bed were clean but not tucked in so bottom sheet just left on bed.. breakfast was an extra cost and in an attached cafe.. scrambled eggs were inedible

It was quiet

Very unprofessional

The staff were very unprofessional and I was never told about a cash only security deposit of 100 euro. The 4 staff at the desk spoke polish between themselves as we were checking in and that night when we came back the (polish) sercurity were very confrontational.

Great location and great value for money.

We were on the 4th floor and there was a sign or something on the hotel wall that was flapping in the wind and making noise - good job we brought the earplugs!

The location is excellent for University of Limerick, less than 5 mins drive away. Its also very close to several shopping centres if you have a few hours to spare. The hotel was very clean, beds were comfortable and free wfi was available. Free underground carparking and plenty of parking at the front of the hotel. There's a nice café right next door and an Aldi store just across the road. We would definitely stay there again.

Very poor, can’t think of when I smelt smoking so bad in a hotel room before.

Smell of smoking in our room, I told receptionist checking out but got no apology nor any call back or email from manager after I made complaint. All rooms should be non smoking period. Not happy when I was told I should have changed room...but I didn’t as it was late on a Saturday night and didn’t want to have to go to trouble of moving me and and partners belongings

no problems at all

We spent just one night here as I had a course nearby . The hotel was clean and we were happy with our stay . The price was good ... I must add that we had a very nice breakfast served with a smile by 2 very pleasant young ladies in the restaurant downstairs.. I have no problem recommending the Hotel and If I need too I would stay there again .

Comfortable - value for money

n/a

Very comfortable bed. Great value as a budget hotel. Won't hesitate to stay again. The Cafe Noir adjacebt to hotel served a very good breakfast with good coffee.

very satisfactory and woujld use again for business, wouldn't go for leisure

area isn't very nice but was convenient for where i was working. no ironing facility in room, I xpect you can get it from reception though.

Good value and functional, Quite, bed is proper double and comfortable, spacious room and good bathroom.

Rooms are ok but don't be mislead by the "restaurant"

There isn't a restaurant as such on site. It's attached to the TL and is open for breakfast but shuts at 6.00pm and so absolutely no use for an evening meal. This was the reason I'd booked here so a major disappointment and annoyance - especially as a lone traveler.

Friendly staff. First room the heater wasn't working and the toilet seat was broken but no problem in getting it changed.

I wouldn't go into travel lodge again

There was no heating in the bedroom breakfast room wasn't open till after 7.30 only one girl trying to take orders and cook we had to be at college by 8 front of the building very dark

Disapponting

Lack of cleanliness Within 20minutes of check in my phone details were attempted to be hacked by albanian number.

Shiwer head filthy tiles around bath filthy

Dirty towels and thief

There were unfolded towels in the bathroom which were used towels... urgh! The room was smelling javel and hospital, not very nice... The room was very cold, I increased the heater, but part of it were underneath a part of the curtains which I think is a fire hazard. I forgot my charger there, I had to call them four times to get an proper answer from an employee, saying they didn’t find it, but I left it there, so the other solution is that it ended up in their pocket!

The breakfast which is in a place outside the hotel

Not great

Room was very dated, ripped carpet, uncomfortable single and OK double. Noisy at night and disturbance from another guest trying to get into a room that wasn't his.

Staff were lovely.

Clean, helpful staff, good value for money

Location is a bit far from Centre of town unless you have a car. Hardly any restaurants open in the evenings within walking distance

Clean, helpful staff, good value for money

Value for money 👍🏼

It's a €10 taxi fare to the city centre but again it was still alot cheaper than paying for city centre hotels

Cheap and cheerful. Couldn't really complain about the standard. Decent value for your money

We ate in the bar of the Castletroy Hotel because we were...

Hairdryer in the room would have been handy instead of having to go to reception for it.

We ate in the bar of the Castletroy Hotel because we were attending an event there. Lovely food , good value.

Very disappointing

No hot water to enjoy a bath or shower, being told by the receptionist that he is not maintenance and there would be none till 8-9 in the morning was not good enough.

The room size was good, having a kettle and mugs was also good. Location was very good as my son was at a competition in UL.

Clean and functional hotel but bring earplugs

The location is noisy, with a dual carriageway visible (and audible) from each side of the hotel. The soundproofing wasn't great and the impact of incessant traffic noise was joined by the sound of rain falling on a noisy surface outside my room into the night. I did have earplugs which gave a degree of protection but soundproofing could be so much better.

The best thing about the hotel were the beds. They were extra comfortable and warm. The staff were also excellent - they were so helpful and welcoming. The hotel was easy to park at and had a nice cafe 'Cafe Noir' downstairs.

Price was right and eoom was comfortable but awake all night due to the banging constantly of window

The view from window was obscured due to the windows being filty on the outside. Rattling noise all night from sowrhing hitting the window from the outside. Remote for tv did not work.

Cleanliness inside room

I thought that the carpets in rooms and corridors looked old...

I thought that the carpets in rooms and corridors looked old and worn. There was a stale smell in the room. It was adequate for my own needs but I would be reluctant to bring another party with me.

Won't stay here again

The carpet in room 110 was wet under our feet. It smelled of urine over by the window near the single bed.The wall at the double bed had a badly covered over hole in the wall.A good nite in limerick but poor offering even for a budget hotel.we ran away the morning after never to return. We heard stories but gave the benefit of the doubt...never again

The reception was friendly but seemed flustered

Comfortable stay close to the university

Very spacious and clean, comfortable room with excellent view towards the university. Free parking on site and supermarket just in front of the hotel. Excellent stay for business at UL, not that much if you want to explore the city.

Staff very ignorant.

Staff very ignorant. Fella on reception chatting up social welfare homelessness people stayin in the hotel, woman next morning tried to keep 100 deposit for "evidence of smoking" (a piece of cardboard) in room which I was not smoking"

Awful place!

Extremely disappointed with my stay at The Travel Lodge. My room was on the first floor and when I entered the lift another guest brought me up to the top floor where her room was. The lift is operated with the use of the key. We were unable to bring the lift down then so I had to walk down two flights of stairs carrying my child in one arm and carrying a heavy suitcase with the other. The room was totally freezing, there was a tiny heater on which wasn't sufficient for the size of the room. In the morning I ran a bath for my little one and the water was cold. I rang down to reception and a lady came up and offered us to move to another room. I really would never recommend the accommodation to anyone.

Terrific

I got bits all over my body from the bed. There phone didn't work in the room. The room wasn't clean at all! There was dirt on the walls. I rang to get the bed changed and told the manager the next day and I wasn't treated nice at all

ideal for what i needed!

You horel doesn't have Breakfast and didn't use the wifi only needed a room for he night and found the hotel very nice Thanks You Noel

Would not stay again no

Toilets only flush about a cup ful of water at a time and this was the second room change we got because of the toilets and because of this the room was smelling of pee also. I iron it hairdryer in rooms

Room was warm

Satisfactory

Parking was limited on site. The TV was the size of an Ipad and had no batteries in the remote. The sink in the bathroom was clogged and would not drain.

The bed was comfy, the view was nice. The layout of the room was lovely.

Welcoming staff who genuinely care that you enjoy your stay

the hotel meets basic needs of a traveler, and it does it very well. the strong point of the hotel is their staff! these are simple people who genuinely care that you enjoy your stay there. my room was cleaned every day. it was warm, cozy and quite. i could enjoy my morning coffee in the cafe next door, which guaranteed a good start of the day.

Booked twice cancelled the second time as got no sleep

Friendlier staff, better facilities as in food etc

Too much road noise even though I was on the Fourth floor, staff had just enough English, facilities not explained correctly Generally I wouldn't stay here again

what genius perks I didn't receive any sorry or their...

what genius perks I didn't receive any sorry or their was no breakfast in d price either after paying for two rooms which came to 292 taught breakfast was included :( but wasn't and no hair dryer or spoons little disappointed

I am very disappointed with the intransigence of both booking.com and Travelodge Castletroy.

Through a problem with the booking.com website, a double-booking occurred. We thought we had booked two rooms but, instead, we found out the next day that four rooms were booked for the two couples in our party. Upon check-in, the desk clerk who had the booking manifest, should have alerted us that instead of two rooms for the two couples, we had four rooms. It was until the next morning that I was informed that I had been charged for four rooms. Both booking.com and the Limerick Travelodge Castletroy refuse to take any responsibility.

The rooms were confortable.

Inexpensive, but will stay elsewhere next time.

Carpets were dirty in hallways and our room. Wouldn't walk barefoot around it. One of the two towels in the bathroom was visibly dirty.

Check in was easy and staff were pleasant, but thought it was odd they wanted payment on arrival, not on departure

It was fine. Your regular (small) Travelodge stay.

There was no breakfast option. The curtains didn't close properly which resulted in a lot of morning sunlight seeping through.

The location is ideal for traveling 10 minutes into limerick or for sticking around Castle troy for UL etc

Relaxing and outside of the city centre

The breakfast in the adjoining cafe was not great. The need to use the keycard to use the lift is a bit of a nuisance, particularly as it failed for me during my say and I had to get the card reprogrammed.

The room was spacious, tidy, there was a bath provided and the fixtures and fittings were quality. The view from the room was good, lots of natural light too. The beds were superb. I suffer from a bad back and the bed was very supportive. My friends felt the same.

Cheap and convenient for access to the university (we were...

Staff a little unfriendly. my friend's room smelled of cigarettes and wasn't ready/clean for our check in at 2:30pm

Cheap and convenient for access to the university (we were attending an event there)

It was just OK

Nice tea, coffee making facility in the room

The room we had faces west with all drapery open and it was suffering hot. There is a little opening at the window for air but was not sufficient. I mentioned this to the staff the next morning, she offered a fan for cooling the room. It would be better if the drapes were closed to keep the hot sun out.

short and not enjoyable. would not stay there again.

reception area was cold, carpet badly stained and there was a dirty cleaning glove on the the reception sofa. reception staff where laughing and joking while checking me in and did didn't seem bothered about our questions.

Breakfast was good and the breakfast staff where more pleasant that main reception.

Room spacious and free wifi very good

Breakfast in the Cafe Noir was not the best, staff useless. Worst food and service in 2 weeks of travelling in Ireland

Room spacious and free wifi very good

Very good value for clean stopover cafe next door lovely friendly staff and good food

Plastic shower curtain very 80s skimpy towels, carpet threadbare middle of floor , no bar , no sauna/ steam room

Good size room comfy bed coffee supplied

Wi-fi so slow it was unusable, so I will not be staying again, unfortunately.

The wi-fi was unusable - even for webpage browsing, let alone streaming audio or video. The hotel is aware of the issue, but have not acted on feedback. Sadly, Travelodge Limerick you have lost a business customer. Deal-breaker.

Friendly staff. Great view. Comfortable room.

Got a good sleep and shower. Got what I needed

Smell in bathroom. Staff not professional.They really shouldn't have their friends lounging about the reception area. No remote control for tv in bedroom.

Bed was comfortable. Slept well.

I didn't appreciate when we arrived the member of staff ...

I didn't appreciate when we arrived the member of staff speaking to another member of staff outside of the counter in her own language! It made me and my partner uncomfortable and we felt they were talking about us!

Location good & spacious room.

Room too hot only one window that opened. Only catered for two people in a triple room- e.g. only 2 cups not enough towels

Location good & spacious room. Comfortable beds.

We enjoyed our 3 day stay, staff nice room clean.

No smoke AREA, FLICKERING LIGHT IN CAFEE NEARLY DROVE ME MAD.

Staff very friendly and welcoming, The only thing i can say they had no smoking area unless you stood outside front door in view of everyone no shelter from rain, and yes i know people dont like smoking, but on one day there was about 8 other people out side main door smoking, should provide private or shelter area out of sight of other customers. Other then that perfect.

comfy bed, good breakfast (BUT: don't buy it at the...

dirty carpet, bathroom a bit destroyed

comfy bed, good breakfast (BUT: don't buy it at the hotel - just go to the restaurant downstairs and you'll pay there 4 euros less for it)

it did the job

Impersonal.... staff were lovely but no atmosphere. The pillows have seen better days

Functional clean but wouldn't want to stay there for any longer than a night

Location suited me /lovely staff/ lovely food.

Floor wasn't hover when I first arrived but was spotless after that. Little things like dry paint on bathroom counter and what look like wood stain on radiator

Location suited me /lovely staff/ lovely food. Nice and peaceful. I would recommend to anyone 😀

I wish I had stayed in a b&b

On arrival and going to lifts, the carpet in this area was badly worn and the lift doors and surrounds were dirty ,not a good first impression.The wifi was not working, and the general appearance of the hotel was poor

some staff were good

Bedroom was spotlessly clean.

Location is a bit remote for Limerick, you would need a car to see anything. Also, the outside windows were filthy (it is on the main Dublin-Limerick road, so high traffic.

Bedroom was spotlessly clean.

our stay was short.... a wedding in a nearby hotel where we could not get a room. very clean.

while our room was v clean.... the hotel was dull. and lacked the buzz of a busy hotel

the room was v clean, beds were comfortable. but there was no athmosphere in the place.we were at a wedding in a nearby hotel. We did not have breakfast.

Basic accommodation

Wifi was very poor - Hotel is slightly run down - carpet in reception was thread-bare, walls could do with a repaint

Good location - room size was good

The hotel is in a wonderful location and cafe Noir next door...

The hotel has not been well kept, carpets are very worn down stair and in the halls and rooms they are dirty. Everything else was clean.

The hotel is in a wonderful location and cafe Noir next door is fabulous!!!

The room decor was really cool and modern.

Breakfast not included in the room rate but still worth it as the rate was very cheap...and breakfast was really good

The room decor was really cool and modern...receptionist was very helpful too

You get a what you pay for :)

It was not the comfiest room in the world, but you get what you pay for and this is great value for money in the limerick/castletroy area.

It was cheap and pleasant. Perfect for a budget traveller. The staff were also very helpful and friendly.

Acceptable -- if you really need to save money

It's cheap, meaning very basic. Putting it charitably, the quality of the furniture and decoration are modest. One of the two lifts didn't work. The WiFi barely did. There's no real lobby, no room service, no restaurant (only vending machines). The staff are friendly, but obviously many of them have no training in the hospitality industry. The place seems to cater to a rather mixed clientele, including patrons who like to booze up. This hotel is not for you if you're looking for decorum and propriety ;-) ...

It's cheap, meaning "not expensive". And after a bit of reciprocal "getting-used-to", the staff was friendly