Reviews of Vienna Woods 4 stars

Glanmire, . Cork, Ireland

#21 of 28 hotels in Cork

good location

the pathway up to the hotel is extemely bumpy lots of potholes really needs to be fixed, bathroom was dirty when we enetered the room, kettle did not work and the lift is very dodgy

staff were extremely friedly and helpful, our room was stunning interior so modern and had a nespresso machine, location is good close to everything in cork, breakfast was great

A nice peaceful stay on the outskirts of Cork
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The restaurant staff were a little uncaring (or couldn't be bothered). I know there was some sort of private function going on as well and it was busy, but when you ask for vinegar for your meal you really don't expect to be told they have 'run out of vinegar' , before the staff member just turned and walked away, in an hotel like this.

The location was great, and the room was superb. Plump pillows and plenty of them and a great shower. Staff in reception and behind the bar were lovely and couldn't do enough for you.

Can I live here

A small bit out of the city but with plenty of taxis available it wasn't really am issue

The setting of the hotel and atmosphere was tranquil and luxurious

The stay was not as good as we thought and would rate our stay as adequate.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The TV was an old TV that we could not get to work initially and had to call for help. The remote control was changed and it eventually worked. There was a function downstairs that was a little noisy and children were running up and down the accommodation corridors unsupervised up until 1130

The room was quite large with clean facilities The breakfast was very nice with lots of choice.

Staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble for them...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble for them to make sure we had a pleasant stay. Room was exceptional, bright, modern and spotless! We had bar food, which was very tasty and a great choice to suit all tastes 😁 overall a very pleasant experience

Very nice surroundings, very clean, staff helpful, and...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Location was a bit far out from city, no public service close by so expensive to and from city

Very nice surroundings, very clean, staff helpful, and restaurant available during day, rooms very comfortable

Good location, will have potential when all rooms are upgraded.
    • Deluxe Double Room

They are doing up the rooms, my room was old and had 4 beds in it ! But when the place is done up I am sure it will be great.

The Staff where excellent

We attended our granddaughters baptism celebration party in...

We attended our granddaughters baptism celebration party in Vienna Woods. We have been in this hotel several years ago and on returning now what a pleasant surprise. The staff were very friendly and as we stayed the night our room was decorated to a very high standard. Hopefully looking forward to staying here in the very near future.

Stunning hotel

Nothing,everything was great.

The breakfast was very good and all of the hotel interior is stunning and the hotel is in a great location as it is only a 10 minute drive into cork city centre and also close to Cobh and Fota wildlife park.

A beautiful hotel with very friendly staff that go out of their way to look after you
    • Deluxe Double Room

Michael the owner of the hotel was a extremely friendly and professional and couldn’t do enough for me and all the guests that attended the wedding. He made the stay extra special and the hotel is absolutely beautiful. His staff are a credit to him and the hotel. A great place to stay and I will definitely be coming back😎

The restaurant staff were lovely .
    • Deluxe Double Room

The restaurant staff were lovely . Check in and check out was poor . Uniforms were sloppy . We were only therefor the night but my last visit there was better

The hotel and the views were stunning
    • Deluxe Double Room

Think it’s very expensive for just the room and no breakfast included plus we had problems with the card to get into our room during our whole stay .

The hotel and the views were stunning

A little gem which my partner and I said we will be returning to when we go cork again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There wasn’t anything I didn’t like .

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Hotel rooms are often too hot bordering on stuffy however Vienna Woods was just right. I definitely would recommend this hotel to a friend and am looking forward to returning.

Very satisfied customer!
    • Deluxe Double Room

No bar food been served at lunch time because of conference in the function room!

Spacious, clean and lovely decorative room. Very comfortable bed. Great service!

Good - apart from the issue with the fan.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom fan would not go off all night but service and reactions of the staff the following morning were much appreciated. We would stay again.

Very good surroundings and room.

It was the most pleasant short stay i have experienced.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The entrance turn from the main road is quite sharpe and the drive up needs some resurfacing. The hotel was exceptional and there is nothing i didnt like.

the restaurant manageress at breakfast was exceptional. She was ever vigilant, and brought customer satisfaction to new heights. She made us welcome and made us feel special, and was genuinley interested in who we were and where we came from.

Good
    • Deluxe Double Room

Better stocked room amenities. These appeared to be overlooked as others had them . Staff could have been more given the size of the parties. They did try their best . I would still recommend this place 'just not in May.

Extremely noisy as there was a large communion party [640]. Children were out of control running in halls after midnight. Could not get services with luggage because of this, Phone not working .Not supplied with coffee making facilities . Place is lovely and staff to be fair did their best,but were clearly overrun. Dining room so so as were the choices. Not a relaxing place . Bar area excellent as also the many nooks and crannies.

A good 3 star hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

I did not like that the rooms looked quite old and badly arranged. For example, the double bed for the couple was actually two beds and the top end of the bed did not even match the matresses and that the tv was in an awkward place and very small for a 4 star hotel.

The bathroom looked really nice and the employees was so helpfull and prompt to assist.

• Deluxe Twin Room

When we arrived the card machine was down so the receptionist took down card details to process the payment when the system was back, when we came down the following morning to check out the receptionist couldn't get into the main system as they were closing off the night shift so he couldn't check was the payment put thought on check in or not, he said he would give us a ring if he had any problems which was no problem, later on that evening I got a call to say he took down the card details wrong and could he get the number again to put the payment in manually. I gave my card details once again. Is payment then blocked my card as the bank though it was suspicious. Which was a major inconvenience as it was after banking hours when I notice so I was left with no access to money. When I went to iron my work shirt on the morning before I left the iron was leaking water so I couldn't iron anything. The stay was over all okay despite the above.

a bit corporate but everything is good
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hotel is the area's main function/conference centre so the car park can suddenly get jammed up.

Comfortable hotel with good facilities. Everything was pretty much okay.

We arrived for breakfast before, but close, to closing time.

We arrived for breakfast before, but close, to closing time. Breakfast buffet/self service was out of supplies and we could not be provided with a breakfast. Why couldn’t they take an order. Either they are open or closed and if they are open they should provide a breakfast an not say the buffet has run out. Very disappointing. Only positive ... didn’t have to pay for breakfast.....

Great! Will stay again, definelty recommend

No gym or pool fasilities

The room was perfect for our needs. The food and drinks were great. It would be lovely if there was a pool and gym facilities!

From time We arrived at hotel each and every staff member we...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

From time We arrived at hotel each and every staff member we met were nice and friendly..It was warm and clean...Very well located. Will definitely treat myself and my family for a night or two here..

Staff were super helpful and friendly.

Nothing!!

Staff were super helpful and friendly. Bed was so comfy! Food was also lovely, and when we were in a rush they put it in take away boxes for us!

Uncomfortable to say the least. We had been there about two years previously & really enjoyed it.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

When we arrived I didn't like the cold. We had to pay cash even before we saw the room they having my credit card number. Hated the adjoining door in the room. Had to anchor the window with a spoon to keep it closed. No working TV.

Successful
    • Deluxe Double Room

The roadway leading to the hotel is terrible, I damaged one of the shocks on my car with all the holes and ramps I had to travel on.

Friendly, helpful staff, good food and nice cosy room.

disappointing
    • Deluxe Double Room

Check in staff were rude walked away as I approached the counter and directions to room were inaccurate, we waited twenty minutes to be served at bar as there was a wedding on so one available to serve!

Comfortable clean stay

Bit noisy. Cleaning lady walked into our room well before check out time without knocking first.

Night time staff were so helpful and friendly. Really lovely room, clean and comfortable

i had high expectations but was disapointed as even basics were lacking
    • Deluxe Double Room

Food price, choice poor and times for meals bar food finished at 8.30. not enough staff in resteraunt over priced in most areas not enough supplies at tea station in rooms

area was nice an quite but not enough signage and bar food times were terrible. over priced meals and breakfast. not enough staff

Certainly would recommend to anyone going to cork. First impressions are lasting ones

No complaints

I’ve stayed there many times in the past and always found the staff very courteous and helpful. The food is very good and accommodation comfortable. Great value for money and central for me to attend business in the city boundaries.

The hotel served my purposes, as it provided adequate accommodation in a convenient location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

A lot of minor failings. Slow check-in, problem with charging food to my room, was locked out when I returned to the hotel late, poor directional signage at all points of entrance to hotel, room needs upgrading/updating, price was relatively high compared with other recent hotel experiences - poor value for money.

Good location & very friendly staff

It was fantastic,highly reccommend it.

Roon was very cold at the beginning. There wasn't enough sugar for both myself&my husband to have a cup of coffee&tea each.

All the staff were friendly,accomodating& helpful. The room was fantastic&comfortable. Loved the coffee machine.

Dissappointing and bad value for money
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was very dated, not worth the 159 euro NOT including breakfast. TV very dated, room decor very dated. We stayed for a wedding and wouldnt be going back. They need to do alot of work.

Lady on reception was very professional and did a great job, pity the rest didnt live up.

Good place to stay after refurbishment occurs.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Desperately in need of an update especially the bathrooms. There are plans for this which was clearly stated in the room.

The reception staff were very helpful and friendly. Location was okay once you found it. WIFI and parking were good.

lovely location, great rooms (executive room) and food.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I stayed in one of your executive rooms which were lovely and on par with other 5 star hotels I have stayed in around the world. Reception staff and in fact all staff are very nice, approachable and kind. I would come back and stay at in this hotel.

Better training for the staff, booking.com need to send receipt for each booking!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There was a handle missing from the window. the carpet on the floor was dirty, no disposable slippers provided. Not enough cloths hangers, very noisy The booking was made through booking.com. I wanted breakfast, it was originally included int he price, when i turned up at the hotel,it had been removed from the booking. I never got a receipt from booking.com, so no proof of what i paid for. The staff need to be trained on how to handel a customer with a genuine problem. the attitude was, "not our fault so what do you want us to do?"

Refusal to give second room card which meant that as the...

Refusal to give second room card which meant that as the card was required for power when one of us wanted to go up for a nap or leave the room it was a hassle to leave without being able to get back in or leave the other one in the dark. Room overpriced for what it was and liquid soap and shower gel which was in other room types would be personally preferable to a bar of soap. Smart tv functions did not work and reception staff were very unaccomodating with some borderline rude. Bar staff were lovely which evened it out I guess

Nice but costly
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bartenders only knew how to pour whiskey and beer. They had no knowledge of any mixed drinks. Breakfast was very good but it should be included in nightly stay as the room cost was very high. Rooms were a bit dated for the cost. There was nothing in walking distance but you could take a short cab ride.

Friendly and helpful staff. Property location was quite and pretty.

Comfortable with room for improvement

Bathrooms need re-furb, extractor fans in bathrooms did'nt work, old CRT televisions, general decor a bit tired

Very comfortable beds, quite surroundings and friendly staff

I booked the room on short notice and was very happy they had room, comfortable but bad breakfast
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I thought that breakfast was rather bland and it was too expensive. I spent 7.50 on breakfast for cereal and toast, but for lunch spent 8.50 and got a full meal. I also think that charging an extra 5 for room service (tray fee) is outrageous.

I thought the bed was very comfortable and I loved the pressure of the shower head!

Good for city break
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The sign posting to the hotel!! Coming out from the city on the N8, we ended up driving right past the turn off & had to double back. Better signage at the roundabout would be good.

Only stayed for the one night, but totally enjoyed the stay. Evening meal was lovely, with great service. Would definitely stay again when in the city. Thank you

The room was very comfortable with all the facilities...

The room was very comfortable with all the facilities required. The hotel is a fancy hotel located in the woods but really easy to access from the road. The restaurant serves excellent food

Extremely enjoyable, we loved it

Can't think of anything

The staff were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for you, they were all excellent, best we have experienced in a hotel

Excellent friendly staff and good food .
    • Deluxe Double Room

Our accomodation was very tired and dated . Broken doorhandles. Broken remote control on a 1990's tube tv with snowy reception. Worn out everything . Just not good enough at that price.

Excellent friendly staff and good food .

Room was gorgeous, spacious and very modern.

Beans were not nice in the breakfast and it was noisy around the grounds at 7am with heavy machinery

Room was gorgeous, spacious and very modern. Staff were very helpful.

Due to alot of noise we were unabale to sleep all night.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Due to alot of noise we were unabale to sleep all night. We brought this to the attention of the staff but expected to hear from a member of management but did not. Would not stay again.

Beautiful boutique hotel with great staff

The lovely man at reception was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area and helped us find somewhere for lunch. The room was lovely and clean and modern. I will definitely stay here again when I am back in Cork. A great find.

Love the location bit rooms are tired.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rooms are tired. Waited a long time to get served food in the bar and after the long wait the order was wrong.

Friendly staff, quiet location away from roads. No traffic noise.

Great staff but rooms in main hotel need TLC
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I just felt that the rooms are very tired and in need of updating, Carpets, beds, Curtains, bathroom and TV were not to the standard I expected for the price. I have stayed before but in the villas which are separate to the main hotel and much newer and a far higher standard.

Staff are an asset to this hotel. very warm and friendly. They couldn't do more for me considering I booked at short notice having been let down with a booking in a diffferent hotel.

Absolutely Lovely ...

Wifi could have been better/stronger. A fitness centre on site would be great.

Shelagh made breakfast the most beautiful experience of the hotel stay. Kevin at the front desk was most helpful. A very pleasant, beautifully located boutique hotel that will not disappoint.

Ideal spot close to city.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We thought the breakfast area was rather out of date and the buffet area was dowdy and dark .

Our superior room was excellent, spacious with a couch to watch TV . Staff were very friendly and helpful. We had bar food one of the two evenings and it was very nice. A good place to stay not far from Cork city.

It's dated.
    • Deluxe Double Room

It's dated. Many rooms in need of refurbishment. Iv paid similar prices for other hotels and the standard has been better. Also a 4 o'clock check in is not ideal

Beautiful hotel in a beautiful location

Everything! There was a problem with our room before we arrived as I was told on the phone by the lovely receptionist but she told us we would be upgraded to fix it, much to our delight. As for the hotel, beautiful location, lovely staff, room was very clean, bed was unbelievably comfortable, bathroom was stunning, huge wall mounted television. Just a wonderful hotel to stay in

Dinner was good and the facility is a good overnight...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I was disappointed that the water was turned off in my room one hour prior to checkout, which resulted in me not getting a shower before I left. I know the work was to fix a problem that occurred within the hotel during the night, but it seems they could have waited until after checkout time. I took a shower earlier in the morning, but played golf and then wanted another shower prior to leaving the facility.

Dinner was good and the facility is a good overnight destination.

Celiac (Gluten Free) Fry up heaven 😊
    • Deluxe Double Room

The celiac friendly breakfast table was a welcomed change to me as I generly find it difficult to eat out. I had a delicious breakfast the same as my partner which is very rare & with no cross contamination after effects. I cannot praise the staff enough for their knowledge & respect for celiac desiase.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Boutique Hotel

Beautiful decor throughout this boutique hotel, photos don't do it justice.Fabulous bedroom and bathroom. Executive suite. Magnificent flowers , super lovely staff, went beyond the ordinary in been helpful . Great dinner and breakfast , lots of cosy seating areas.Lovely setting .

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Good but not 4-star level and overpriced; not good value for money
    • Deluxe Double and Single Room

Too overpriced for what was offered. Accommodation not of a 4-star level - I understand rooms are being refurbished but the hotel only had a few guests and we were given an old room rather than a refurbished one. Breakfast was poor with limited choices - many things (hot food, ham, cheese) only available on request and poor selection of fruit and breads.

All staff was lovely. Grounds and common areas were nicely decorated

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Its changing for the better
    • Deluxe Single Room

The property is being upgraded and it is more comfortable than before. The broke taps and bathroom fittings are a thing of the past. Needs new soft pillows though, the present pillows are a bit too solid. I have decided to return to Vienna Woods as before.

Maria at reception very wonderful and housekeeping is...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The remainder of the staff...snoktie and pretentious. Not friendly and generally quite indifferent to your presence

Maria at reception very wonderful and housekeeping is amazing thank you all

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

I stayed in this hotel for my birthday and it was super from...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing the place was on point the whole stay

I stayed in this hotel for my birthday and it was super from the moment I stepped in the door I was treated like royalty for dinner the staff Chloe and Ali came out with candles and balloons and sang happy birthday while receiving complementary prosecco with a place by the fire afterwards

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Wonderful place to stay in Cork
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room was beautiful and super comfy! We had dinner in the restaurant which was very nice too, lovely atmosphere and the host was friendly and attentive

Convenient but needs upgrading.
    • Deluxe Double and Single Room

Better light. Less noise in the corridor late night/early morning. Gentleman at Reception was exceptionally pleasant, helpful and friendly. He's a great asset to the hotel. More staff are needed in the dining room at breakfast - unfair to expect a high standard from one young lady particularly when most people are so demanding.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Worst hotel and biggest scam ever!!!
    • Deluxe Double and Single Room

When we arrived they didn't have our booking so I had to pay on site, then we got to our room and it looked nothing like the pictures, was filled with smoke, and just absolutely disgusring had to fight to get a refund and better not get charged by booking.com too

Cleanest hotel ever!!
    • Deluxe Double and Single Room

Possibly have soya milk on the menu as not everyone can use dairy. However, this is really a little thing and my stay was wonderful besides this.

Bed was very comfortable, loads of pillows!! I had a room with a disabled bathroom and it was fantastic! The floor, tiles, toilet, basin were all meticulously clean - not many places have been as clean as that. There were two beds in the room and loads of space to move around in. Together with the usual amenities, the staff were very helpful we extra cups, etc. Room service was well worth it as the food arrived speedily, hot and just what was ordered. The receptionist was under a lot of pressure when we arrived as there were about 12 people waiting to book in. However, she smiled at everyone and was really professional. Although our check in time was 4pm, we arrived at 2pm hoping to have lunch, and our room was ready. So early check in, and time for a rest before my meeting. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Charming hotel and staff
    • Deluxe Double and Single Room

The food could be improved in general and it was fine. Some of the fixtures need replacing/painting, just little things but overall a lovely hotel that I would go back to.

The staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly. The hotel has a lively homely feel and the lounge has a lovely old style decor with big comfy armchairs and sofas. The location is great, not far from the city but set in a peaceful and natural setting.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

The reception area was nice and the workers there were...
    • Deluxe Double and Single Room

Bartenders were rude, ignored us, then forgot about one of the drinks behind the bar before serving the next guest.

The reception area was nice and the workers there were helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Lovely relaxing hotel with large comfy chairs and roaring fires in the lounge areas, very friendly s
    • Deluxe Double and Single Room

Beds were hard and lumpy. Room was a bit dated but there was a notice in the room that said it was to be refurbished soon and asked the guest for feedback.

Excellent staff, very friendly and helpful, especially the bar staff. Food was excellent.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Could not recommend this hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The dirt of the mattress. A dog would not sleep on it.disappointment.pictures taken.

Breakfast was nice.Dinner was nice.good managerthere.the way the problem was dealt with was very poor.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Very memorable stay

That I couldn't stay longer

I was there for a wedding. The hotel is beautiful and was all done up for Christmas. The staff were lovely and the food was fantastic. Especially with the amount of guests it was lovely and hot. Very impressed.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Proximity to Cork city
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was an event taking place at the hotel the night we stayed there. The music continued until nearly 2pm and it was impossible to sleep until it was over. Provisions should be made in regards location of rooms for hotel guests not in attendance to an event taking place within the hotel.

Proximity to Cork city

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Some staff lovely
    • Deluxe Double Room

The lighting system in my room. Could not turn it off from the bed but had to negotiate finding my bed in the darkness. Hot water tap in bathroom not functioning!

A facility to pick up from end of driveway for those who have travelled by bus

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

First impression of Ireland off to a good start at Vienna Woods!
    • Deluxe Double and Single Room

Bar did not open till 5 pm maybe a little earlier?

Our rooms were very comfortable and nice size bathroom. Loved the bar area with many nooks and crannies to sit in and pass the time away. Bar and restaurant and front desk staff very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Service well below reputation or cost.
    • Deluxe Double and Single Room

The price I paid was a luxury Hotel price. The door handle as we entered our room was hanging loosely, and some other doors had pieces of the mechanism totally missing. The toilet cistern cover was broken, the TV did not work correctly, the remote control was partially defective, inside the shower was a shelf for shampoo etc which you could smashed your elbow off of repeatedly when inside the shower. If you closed the shower curtain before entering you would hit the handbasin unit with your leg on the way in and you were then stepping into a part of the bath that didn't have anti-skid decals. I went for breakfast at 08.00am to find no sausages ready and there were two toasters that took an eternity to toast the bread. The driveway up to this Hotel is nothing short of a disgrace. It's like a patch-work quilt and there are speed-bumps that are not at right angles to the driveway, so your car gets jolted from side to side four times. The Reception area and some corridors were very cold.

The area is magnificent and it's a wonderful setting for a Hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Attended for a wedding.
    • Deluxe Double and Single Room

They could have done with extra bar staff in the function room. 4 was very little for a wedding of 220.

Attended for a wedding. Beautiful hotel. Food was delish. Setting was so pretty. Staff were lovely.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

quality for an affordable price
    • Deluxe Double Room

The Television was not correctly tuned in and we had limited channels available. A fridge would be a welcome addition.

The bar is just beautiful, The staff friendly and efficient, the room and facilities were excellent value for money