Reviews of Hotel Woodstock Ennis 4 stars

Shanaway Road. Woodstock, . Ennis, Ireland

#4 of 8 hotels in Ennis

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Cheap & comfortable room

I had slight incident on the grounds of the hotel where broken glass penetrates the sole of my shoe & broke the skin of my heel causing alot of blood. As a result I had attend a doctor next day. When I outlined the matter to the receptionist she passed the book outlining it was not hotels responsibility. She never asked about my injury or how I was.

Room, food

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Bar was nice and cosy.

For 140 a night it wasn’t spectacular. Smelt like a bonfire in the hotel due to ventilation. Wasn’t busy in the hotel didn’t bother waiting around for live music.

Bar was nice and cosy. Fire was nice near the front door.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Not a four star in my opinion, room was shabby and badly...

Not a four star in my opinion, room was shabby and badly needed upgrading, we stayed in a four star hotel elsewhere the following night which was far superior. I would not recommend this hotel for an overnight stay.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Everything.
    • Superior Triple Room

Everything... decore... rooms...food... gorgeous reception with cozy furniture and fireplace..staff was lovely..a hidden jewel...pool, hot tub and golf next door...we wish we stayed longer.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Friendly staff relaxing nice food

Doors could not be closed without force. Resulting in loud banging each time doors were closed. Very noisy especially noticeable during the night.

Friendly staff relaxing nice food

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Worth a visit

The website led us to believe that we would have bathrobes and slippers in our room, they are not supplied by the hotel so we walked to the pool in towels

The staff were lovely and very accommodating placing a travel cot in our room for our 7 month old. The pool area was nice and both breakfast and bar food was very good.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Very friendly staff, family room on ground floor, good food,...
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Pool area could do with repainting and bathroom and changing room cleanliness unfortunately let the hotel down here a bit. As the rest of the hotel was spotless

Very friendly staff, family room on ground floor, good food, clean rooms although headboard could do with being recovered.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

It was a fabulous resort style hotel.

It was a fabulous resort style hotel. While it was not near restaurants or pubs or cafes, the hotel had everything you needed. It was beside a golf course and our room had fabulous views over the course. The restaurant and bar were great and we had no need to find anywhere else to eat or have a glass of wine or a Guinness!

Was good

Listed it above

I loved the staff Place location is grand Place is nice enough. May need updates Door in bathroom was broke And needs a paint in spots, marks on walls But I'm only comparing to other places It was clean, staff were 10 star. Very friendly and that's what makes this place great

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Really enjoyable wit great company
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There WiFi was terrible and it’s a Gud distance from town couldn’t walk it unless u wanted to go for stroll

The bed was nice and big and comfy and room was really clean

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Overall good stay.

Hotel did not have a business/computer room to provide guests access to check-in flights, print boarding pass, etc. Also, the room was an adjoining room where the walls are thin. Got a complaint that we were noisy when all we were doing was having a conversation with a friend via video through the mobile phone.

Comfortable, good size clean room. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

We enjoyed our stay very much. Beautiful bedroom with very comfey bed. Will recommend it to friends

Evening meal was very slow to arrive when ordered. We waited 25 mins for main course to arrive and another 25 before order for dessert was taken which eventually arrived 15 mins later.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Loved the great breakfast selection which was very fresh and tasty.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Nice but needs a little love and attention
    • Superior Triple Room

The pictures on the site look grander. I think the hotel is a little dated and could do with a little re-vamp. The leisure facilities particularly.

Friendly and comfy

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

A comfortable stay in lovely surroundings.

We came in through the old road and got lost ,make sure your'e sat nav takes you in off the main road right turn near the petrol station .

We booked a superior room you could not fault it ,we arrived in a storm they had a log fire burning in the hallway it is so welcoming.I wish we had booked to stay longer as the hotel is surrounded by walks and steeped in history to explore.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

The 2 single beds put together as one large double was ok

The 2 single beds put together as one large double was ok. I would have preferred a room with one large bed in it rather than the double and the single

The 2 single beds put together as one large double was ok

You won’t get what you pay for

Poor Cleanliness, poor quality amateur staff - extremely disappointing. The current hotel state I would not recvomend for families.

Sadly this was not a 4star hotel. The cleanliness of the hotel is very poor. Staff are friendly but not professional lack experience in customer service. The carpet in the room had a musty smell with dirty patches all over. The owners badly need to refurbish the rooms which are very shabby. When we arrived there was no cot for Baby in room. The cots that were brought to the room had to be sent back due to the amount of dirt at the base of the cot.i was told the second cot that we were given was the last one in housekeeping It was horrific. So bad the baby had to sleep in our bed. The room service breakfast was poor over cooked eggs, soggy toast etc. see pics below.. We also tried the restaurant breakfast very basic the buffet was not managed therefore there was no replenishing. Ordered poached eggs which were served hard. Again couldn’t eat same. No harness on the high chairs for little ones. The restaurant floor by the buffet is all damaged with large gaps between the floor boards. So dissapointing - I did not intend to leave a review however after such a poor experience I would hate to think other young families would end up in the same predicament as I. We departed after 3 nights and stayed at Temple Gate hotel which was perfect ! We were compensated by the owner for our bad experience however, when you are on your holidays and look forward to total relaxation in beautiful surroundings with your family members ;they fail to deliver such service being compensated doesn’t rectify the issue ...

Beautiful locatin, close to the centre but you need to have...
    • Superior Triple Room

When we checked in we got no information about the breakfast time, lesiure center location or opening time. We stayed 2 nights and our room was not properly cleaned as a stay room (f. e. Bathroom bin stayed full, cutleries not washed, coffe\tea not replaced). We ate in the bar twice and they forget to bring our drinks, we had to wait a lot for having our dinner. It seemed there is not enough staff to cover every table and bar part. During the breakfast (which was not included in our stay and paid extra €10 per person) I had to ask coffee after 15 minutes because nobody was interested in to ask us, there was only 2 waiter for the whole restaurant. I am working in a 4star hotel and it is definitely not a 4 star hotel standard. I expected much more.

Beautiful locatin, close to the centre but you need to have a car to reach anything. Good for relaxing.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

Our room was not what I was expecting, it was quite different from the lovely photos online. I was a little disappointed, the room badly needed painted and the headboard was badly worn away. Some items in the bar, breakfast area really need a good clean.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel lobby was beautiful.

Overpriced

Hotel room seems neglected, needs a revamp in that area. It didn’t feel a very warm place, there was something missing. Biggest gripe would be the actual money i paid for the rooms, I would not recommend it. Oh also the food was cold at breakfast.

The Reception area was very nice. Food and drink was a very reasonable price.

Fantastic stay

Fantastic hotel. Family ran business they were so friendly and caring. Staff were excellent and food top class. Leisure centre excellent and staff very friendly. Rooms were spotless and bed very comfy. Lovely grounds to go walking around, 10min drive to Ennis town. Definitely will be back. Loved our stay.

Every thing, could not fault anything been truthfull.

The scrambled eggs were perfect and the bread.
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bacon was very salty and the sausages were a bit spicy. The coffee was a bit strong. Plus the chicken wings that was had as a starter was extremely spicy

The scrambled eggs were perfect and the bread. My son and daughter loved the pancakes.

We loved the hotel and staff were really helpful and...

If I had one issue, we did not like the layout of the diningroom, it is a very big room and we felt that it was badly designed which was a pity because the dinner and breakfast were fantastic....not sure what can be done about that.

We loved the hotel and staff were really helpful and friendly. Loved the leisure centre and staff there too.

The rooms don’t reflect the reception or entrance to their beautiful hotel.

Noise..... it was constant. Doors banging, kids running up and down hall. Fire alarm going off first thing in morning. Golf course being cut before 8 am, which was located right next to our room! I had disabled room, due to requesting extra pillows for spinal issues, however, I take numerous baths for this purpose! The frame around disabled shower could do with a good clean, and shower curtain changed. The bottom of curtain was orange!!!!

The staff & the food. The reception area & the bar.

The bed was amazing & the staff extremely helpful.

The noise from 7 am onwards, both mornings

The bed was amazing & the staff extremely helpful. However, we were on ground floor and awoken very early both morning! First morning the fire alarm went off before 9 am & this morning the golf course (which is beside our room) was being cut & noise was extremely loud! Also, I would recommend a room not on ground floor, as kids heading to kids club & leisure centre running up & down the hall all through the day!! Fantastic hotel though. Will definitely stay again, only I will request a room that is definitely not on ground level.

Great facilities.

The staff were very friendly but found the service slow. Ate in bar one night and restaurant the second night and were waiting over an hour and fifteen minutes for main course both nights. long gaps.

Great facilities. Nice breakfast. Staff very friendly. Very Clean and comfortable and spacious rooms

Friendly staff in a great value hotel with excellent facilities.
    • Superior Twin Room

Great location, great food, golf course on site and lovely town of Ennis nearby. Very easy to get to Lahinch, the Burren and Cliffs of Moher from the hotel.

The hotel itself was lovely and staff very nice.
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

They had no coeliac options for breakfeast just watery poached eggs coffee was very bad . My partner was also very disappointed with the breakfeast options as were kids

The hotel itself was lovely and staff very nice.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Lovely view and surroundings.
    • Superior Twin Room

Definitely need a car if staying here as out of town.

Lovely view and surroundings. Old fashioned type hotel - in a good way - lots of lovely wood etc. Quiet.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Room was a good size with comfy bed.

Very slow table service in bar and restaurant, had to keep asking where our drinks were after ordering numerous times

Room was a good size with comfy bed.

Room was stated as a superior double twin room.
    • Superior Twin Room

Room was stated as a superior double twin room.. I've stayed in superior double rooms ....this did not at all match up to my previous experience especially for the price

Disappointed!!! Booking.com needs to upgrade the photos of this hotel on their site

The hotel itself was disappointing and not a true reflection of the visual advertising on booking.com. Apart from the reception area the hallways, dining area and carpets were not clean as there were scuff and grubby marks on the doors and walls. The shower and changing areas within the leisure centre were really dirty and it looks like a bottle of bleach couldn't do any harm. For a 4* standard it was disappointing. The food we ordered in the bar was sub-standard as the club sandwich I ordered had what can only be described as plastic cheese (cheese single) which made my stomach turn a half an hour later and my son had ribs and rice from the children's menu which was bland and the rice came with no sauce. When we left I had to get him a proper lunch. I had also booked 2 rooms 1 with 2 single beds and the 2nd with a single bed and a double bed, when I was allocated my room there was 3 single beds so my husband and I slept separate. There was also a deal online which said breakfast included, when I checked my booking there was no breakfast included in the price I paid. I will not go back to stay again the price I paid did not reflect a 4* standard and did not delivery on quality.

The receptionist was helpful and the manager in the dining area.

Room given away so we had to leave.
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We arrived with a confirmed reservation to be told the hotel was full. Staff blamed booking.com for the situation. They offered to put is in a poor substitute which we declined due to poor reviews. Shocking and defensive attitude from both desk staff. There was a wedding on in the hotel. We left.

The journey through Galway and Clare.

The staff were lovely and very helpful.
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The price was expensive for just the room especially when the hotel seemed a little run down. The photos on website made it look much more modern and new than what it was. The leisure centre was nice but changing rooms tight and the pool was small especially at busy time with an extremely small baby pool. The fleadh was on so hence the price I presume.

The staff were lovely and very helpful. Seems cosy if just with my husband might be a base for seeing sights. The price overshadowed it this time as too expensive but at a different price my view would probably have changed. Breakfast was fine but had to pay for it so again that was overshadowed. But had a good selection and had gluten free cereal bread etc and were very good to cater for my daughter who is coeliac. My other daughter loved the pancake maker!!

Hotel is clean and comfortable but don't pay extra for breakfast unless your up at 7am
    • Superior Triple Room

Breakfast was a disgrace which was a pity as the dinner the night before was excellent. Arrived at breakfast for 9.30 and there was nothing left had to wait for more bread and all components of the breakfast for two and had to ask for a full breakfast cooked as the food was gone. No Nutella left no pancake mix left in the machine no pastries left had to sit at a table for two and get an extra chair and get our own extra cutlery. Ridiculous

The location was excellent, rooms were cleaned to a high...
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The only negative I have was that the coffee at breakfast was awful.

The location was excellent, rooms were cleaned to a high standard and staff were excellent.

Room lovely Staff v good

The leisure centre was deplorable Filthy Plaster coming off wall Changing room in desperate need of repair and upgrading .No locks on lockers I booked this hotel because of this facility advertised but very disappointed..

Room lovely Staff v good

Our car disaster probably coloured our view of our stay. Otherwise we would have enjoyed our time b
    • Superior Twin Room

Unfortunately our car broke down and hotel was too far from town to walk. Taxis were expensive. There was no in-house entertainment to tempt us to stay and have a few drinks at night in the hotel. A courtesy bus or some arrangement should be made to ferry guests to and from Ennis.

The ambiance of the hotel was special. The furniture, the various pictures and the tastefully arranged sculptures gave a hint of old fashioned opulence and old fashioned luxury living. There was a peaceful atmosphere in the hotel and surrounding grounds.

1 night stay...bit disappointed

Very poorly maintained outside. Did not look or feel like a 4 star hotel. Breakfast was cold. Stains on our carpet in room completely let it down.

Adequate room. Quiet.

I don’t think we’re coming back.

While inside our hotel room, there were a lot of doors slamming. At 2:30 am, the building across was a having a loud party with drunks. Another building across was also drinking and noisy. At this point, it was too late to ask to be transferred to another room. Being jet lagged and the noise did not help getting much needed sleep...ugh!

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night directly from Shannon Airport mid morning. Reception was able to open up a room for us immediately. Food was very good. Location is ok- would have preferred to stay closer in town.

Staff and management were very helpful and welcoming, food was good and I would stay again.
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Some of the milk jugs and the juice/water jugs need some immediate attention.. personally I found the bed quite hard. Windows need a professional clean outside.

The loved the powerful shower, also the camp bed was a really good size.

Good, but more information needs to be given and better service required.

Check in never told us what time breakfast was at, when checkout was or anything in the lines. There was no information in the room about this either, nothing to tell us when anything was only the leisure facilities. Some of the staff were poor in the bar when we got food, and the food wasn't served as advertised. The manager was very young and seemed to be uninterested in what people actually thought and asked for the sake of asking.

Rooms were very nice, reasonable price also.

Good value for money.

Place looks a little run down, personally location wasnt great as we wanted to be closer to the sea. Also no temperature control in room, too hot or too cold.

Good value for money. Clean with a spacious room. Good food in the bar

If you can overlook the cursory attitude of the staff, you could enjoy your stay.

Apart from the non-Irish server at breakfast the service was very poor. This included the reception desk. We were forgotten about at all four meals we ate there. We kept hoping that it would improve with different staff, but to no avail.

The room size was fantastic. The bed very comfortable.

Def recommend this hotel will def be back!!

Our noisy neighbours having sex at 2am which woke us.

Our room was spacious and comfortable , breakfast was lovely everything was so fresh, i found all staff , reception bar, breakfast all so friendly & this really makes your stay more enjoyable , the foyer is amazing and so welcoming , we were over looking the golf course which was lovely.

staff very friendly,it had a family feel,
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

pity pancake maker wasn't working and had to prompt the staff to bring out extra side plates, and breakfast plates as I noticed there was no side plates for toast/bread ,2 bowels for fruit and one breakfast plate left on the stand. at about 8.45am and there were loads of guests after us on bank holiday Monday. only a small thing but that's what we notice.

staff very friendly,it had a family feel, lovely bar food

Gina on reception was lovely
    • Superior Triple Room

Dated room, bad nights sleep... no air con so windows left open and all we could hear were the crows constantly! Breakfast was poor

Gina on reception was lovely

Overlooked our room & Breakfast was poor. Rooms were nice and the style of the Hotel is lovely.

Firstly I don't think this hotel is a 4-star hotel. On arrival, no information was provided about the time for breakfast or checkout. The room was not fully clean. Bins still full from the last guest, bathroom dirty and had open bottles and used bottles of shampoo/shower gel in the shower. The bathroom space and hot-tub was great, but cleanliness is much more important. I assume the room had been overlooked to some extent. Breakfast was unorganised - no seating in the main area, we had to eat in the bar. Virtually no hot food left at 10:00am (on a Sunday) - only scrambled eggs left - just empty warming dishes. No glasses for juice - there was no juice or fruit either. All jugs were empty. Staff were running around, and as a result everything felt rushed. Perhaps more staff are needed to assist with Breakfast. The staff were pleasant and from reading other reviews I feel like perhaps we just had a bad experience.

Entrance hall and the fireplace in the entrance hall. Parking was simple, the drop-off area is helpful. I heard the pool was very good too, but I didn't get an opportunity to visit. The rooms looked good, nice decor and lots of space.

Kind of a majestic place with its enormous front lobby (with...
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The carpet in our room was clearly very old, and had two very obvious stains near the bathroom entrance. Everything else in the room was great. We wish kids were allowed in the hot tub. This is the only hotel we've ever been to where kids are not allowed in the hot tub.

Kind of a majestic place with its enormous front lobby (with lots of seating areas and a fireplace). Excellent breakfast, one of our favorite parts of staying there. Very nice bar that's open very late and has many beers on tap. Great surroundings (golf course) in this complex. We really enjoyed the pool (very warm and clean). The location was great for visiting the Cliffs of Moher and Bunratty Castle.

Lovely rural surroundings in luxurious but cosy hotel.

Directions could be clearer. Knew it was near a golf course but essentially there's a shared carpark. If we'd. If we'd known that it would have been easier to find using GPS.

Lovely entrance and rooms. Bed comfortable. Views to hills behind but looking in the pool facility in the foreground.

The staff were excellent, and the rooms were clean and well...

It's a little bit outside of the town of Ennis

The staff were excellent, and the rooms were clean and well maintained. It's a very nice hotel.

stayed there last year aswell and will be there next year too! I wouldn't book anywhere else.
    • Superior Triple Room

The length of drive from our house to the hotel but that was unavoidable

bed and pillows very comfortable. Staff were excellent ,efficient friendly and very professional .Swimming pool great for kids. quality of food and drink was great value for money

Nice hotel but not 4 star standard

The bar was very dark and seemed more suited to dining than relaxing. There was a room off reception for guests but only two chairs and nothing else could really do with sorting out an area to sit and read or chat for residents. Breakfast was a disaster food seemed to be sporadic coming from Kitchen. Had to ask twice for coffee, all pastries were gone at 9:30 and no more came out yet table beside us were offered fresh croissants. I asked if there would be more and reply was no. Breakfast is one of my favorite meals when I’m a hotel and although the eggs and Rasheed’s were lovely I was disappointed with selection.

The receptionist was lovely and very helpful.

Loved it and would return again

Room could have modernisation as starting to look tatty

The owners and staff were excellent,unfortunately was there on a short week end so unable to make the most of the wonderful facilities

After traveling through the Irish countryside the bed was...
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Wished I could have spent another night

After traveling through the Irish countryside the bed was like a cloud. The gym facilities had everything I needed plus. Breakfast in the morning met everyone’s needs. Bacon, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit.

Good, relaxing place to stay. Just a bit let down when the staff let themselves in to our room

At 9am the morning we were checking out(check out was at 12) there was a knock at our door. Before I got to it to answer the staff we already leaving themselves in with their own key. They said they wanted to check something in the bathroom. They apologised and said they would do it later. Now, I'll be honest, this was a trip that me and my boyfriend were taking and we don't get to do this often, we could have been doing anything(if you get what I mean!). Not long after there was loud banging that sounded like a hammer and I would swear was right up against our wall. This continued for about an hour. We were hoping for a nice lie in before a long day ahead of us. This was the only disappointing part of our stay

Staff were very friendly. Very clean hotel

Beautiful hotel!

It’s not in the downtown area, so you will need a car to get around and then find parking on the street.

We had two adjoining rooms for us and our three teenage children. The room decor is gorgeous. The bathrooms were fabulous. We had a shower and a tub both in one of the rooms. Large counter with two sinks. Towel warmer. Just a beautiful hotel. Breakfast was excellent. We all enjoyed the mechanized pancake maker. Beds were super comfortable. Parking was free and plentiful. Staff was very helpful and friendly. We just wish we had had more time there!

Nice staff, poor bar tenders, clean but only instant coffee is a no no
    • Superior Triple Room

Only instant coffee available and the bar staff were terrible, total lack of knowledge and training was obvious

The staff at the leisure centre and reception were very good.

Friendliness of staff made up for any shortcomings

Breakfast was only lukewarm , had to hand back coffee first morning as it was cold.

Bed was very comfortable also lovely view over golf course from room

This was our first stop on our Ireland trip and it could not have been better.
    • Superior Twin Room

The restaurant food was great! After a long flight from the U.S. it was a very comfortable relaxing evening after a trip to the Cliffs of Moher and before our Ireland adventure.

The staff was very friendly and we had great time at the...
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The food was not great at the bar. Also to pay €5 for the child's breakfast when all they have is a bit of cereal and juice was a bit of rip off. The toilet for the kids at the kids club was really dirty, where as rest of the facilities were good...

The staff was very friendly and we had great time at the swimming pool. The kids club was open from 6-9pm in the evening that was great as well.

Enjoy our stay and hopefully we will return n stay longer
    • Superior Twin Room

Breakfast was cold n bacon was over cooked but I think we just arrived down between servings.

We loved the full package would've loved to have stayed longer.

Good location for the town.
    • Superior Triple Room

The bar/evening dinning area is a little atmosphere-less. The breakfast room was a little chaotic.

Good location for the town. Lovely room, very clean. Great on-site activities. Excellent for families.

All over a fair experience.
    • Superior Triple Room

Some of the staff in dinner restaurant were rude. They would ask us a question and walk away while we were answering. Made us feel like they just wanted to get out of there. Breakfast was mediocre compared with other places we’ve stayed. Seems like a kid friendly place...not good for us.

Front desk staff was helpful.

Enjoyable stay and friendly atmosphere and staff.
    • Superior Triple Room

Nothing in particular that we did not like. Overall it was all very good!

Decor and spacious rooms throughout the hotel. I liked the front reception area and the open fire!

We did enjoy our stay and it was relaxing If we were in that area again we would

You could not switch on or off the bedside lamps without all lights being switched on or off The Lounge bar felt cold for having a meal Water in bathroom was only tepid.

Breakfast was excellent . Bedroom was big and the extra large bed was very comfortable

Very friendly staff

The sauna had broken which was a shame as it is a really good one usually. No need for an alarm clock with the crows outside the window at the crack of dawn!

Very friendly staff

Nice stay

Not very soundproof for a hotel, I could hear the guest snoring in the next room. Breakfast was mediocre for the price paid

Bed was comfy room was clean

Interesting in deed

It was very difficult to find. And the very obliging staff were more than helpful. It is very similar to the Lady Gregory. In need of a good overhaul. Still comfortable and functioning but old, old fashioned. I hate that windows cannot be opened more than they do. I find all hotel rooms too warm and cannot sleep properly because of it. And I'm not alone in that thought.

Easy parking. Lovely reception. Lovely staff that I had to call several times to locate the place and to try and connect my computer. If I had more time to explore perhaps I would have more to say.

Very reasonable cost and friendly staff

Nothing. It was a beautiful hotel.

The staff were exceptionally friendly. We also got a night for a great deal of 69 euro and the rooms were lovely, clean and spacious. We would definitely come back again.

The staff and owner were very friendly and helpful our room...
    • Superior Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff and owner were very friendly and helpful our room was very spacious and clean the food was amazing and breakfast was amazing defiantly would stay again

Lovely hotel.

Very loud with kids running halls the following morning of stay was hard to get a sleep in. But this was not the hotel fault but maybe could put a little sign in rooms to state that some ppl are away for a break also and this mite entail a lie in so try and respect this and try to be a bit quieter.

Lovely hotel. staff were a pleasure and very welcoming and helpful it would be a hotel I would recommend to family and friends was lovely. Room was spot on. Definitely 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Up from me ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Lovely and relaxing break

The dinner we found quite rich ( heavy sauces). The sauna was not working

Very personal service. Both owners were at the premises talking to guests and overseeing staff. Comfortable and relaxing place. Lovely food, very comfortable bed and room was a good temperature. Good breakfast. Staff were very nice and hard working

Disappointed considering the cost.

It was overpriced in my opinion. Room was adjoining (not initially stated), I could here everything from the guests beside us. Sink in the bathroom would not drain the water. Bar food quite expensive, €17 for a breast of chicken and veg from a bar is a bit much.

Very comfy bed and pillows. Good selection of tv channels. Friendly staff. Nice gym and swimming pool.

Good value for money and we would go back again

The rooms were a bit dated and breakfast could have been hotter, Less than warm plates didn't help. Service at the bar could be quicker. Distance from the town

The staff were exceptionally friendly, particularly the girls on reception who really made us feel welcome. Our room met our expectations and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. Leisure centre was great for relaxing

The hotel has a lovely feel to it- ticks all the boxes. We will definitely be back.

Nothing really- oh, one thing- hate plastic shower curtains.

We loved this hotel. The frontage is not that impressive but it belies the interior. Inside is spacious but warm. The reception area, the dining room, the bedrooms- all big spaces. The staff were exceptionally pleasant and friendly. The food was very good. The menu was not overly elaborate but the food was beautifully prepared and presented. Great night’s sleep- no noise or light pollution. A gem!

Browse Hotel Woodstock Ennis traveller photo gallery