Reviews of Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection 5 stars

P.O. Box 9000, Bet Oren, 31900, Israel

#1 of 2 hotels in Bet Oren

• Superior Double Garden Room with Private Terrace

The ridiculous requirement to book a table in the restaurant which in itself is not unreasonable but we were not informed about this when we booked. So when we arrived after a long journey and checked in we were initially told we couldn't get a table in the restaurant until much later than we wanted. That said, once the manager on the front desk heard us complaining he immediately said they would fix it and made an exception. When we arrived at the restaurant we were instantly shown to a table- no hassle. This small issue was also exacerbated when we learned that each day you need to go to reception after 1pm and book your table in the restaurant for dinner! You cannot book more than one day in advance and need to go to reception in order to do so. The only critique is that the verandas are only separated from each other with a few light bushes so you can hear the conversation of each of the people in the rooms either side of you. Not totally annoying but could potentially be so if you are unlucky. All that said - they fixed whatever they could and the entire experience was overall excellent.

The food was spectacular and worth going just for the food. The spa treatments were good and the views wonderful. Also very much liked the fact that breakfast and dinner are included in the price so choosing in the restaurant was pressure free. We had to pay for the wine we ordered but they offered to keep it chilled for us till our next meal or we were free to take it to our room - which we did and enjoyed a couple of glasses on the veranda the next afternoon.

• Superior Double Garden Room with Private Terrace

Although excellent. Carmel Forest Spa is grossly over-priced and never a five star

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

The food was mediocre. Fresh ingredients but prepared not very well. The wine bar/ cocktail bar was fun but no options for non alcoholic drinks, and it was quite dark. So no option for a nice drink watching the beautiful view - a bit of a waste.

Beautiful location, nice spa, nice stuff. Had a great yoga class with Shontal

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

I can not say anything bad about the place however since it's a SPA hotel they need to improve their massage therapies.

It's an extraordinary place for sure, especially for people who loves to be in the middle of the nature. Staff is very friendly and the food... unexpectedly brilliant that you could call it a fine dining restaurant. They have healthy and delicious dinner and a perfect forest view while you enjoy the breakfast. Just an amazing experience.

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

Shame the outdoor pool isn't heated as it looked inviting!

Beautiful location, huge breakfasts and dinners so didn't need lunch at all, clean spa facilities with pleasant staff. Definitely a hit with couples!

• One-Bedroom Carmel Suite with Private Terrace

The only thing I'd like to see improved is the comfort of the beds - they are OK, but a bit too soft .

The atmosphere and environment are amazing, especially if you are looking for a calm retreat. Even though the hotel was fully booked, everything was handled in the most professional way. The food was amazing, especially dinner. Our waiter, Adonis, was the best ever.

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

We had to wait too long for our room after we arrived. We saw people who arrived after us got their room long before we did. Only after I complained about this was something done about it. Apparently they clean by floor and if you are booked into the 'wrong' floor, you can wait hours. The dining room service was excellent until the last morning, when it was non-existant - a Thursday. There was only one waitress working. So many tables had been left dirty when we arrived at 10:00, I had to take clean place mats and serviettes from another table myself. The kitchen forgot about my order completely, it seemed. Only my husband got his. After about half an hour we enquired and I still had to wait so I was clearly forgotten.

The service was mostly excellent, particularly room service and in the dining-room most of the time.

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

The meals served by waiters could've been timed better: they arrived either too early at dinner, or too late at breakfast. The omelettes were overdone, and the poached eggs were cold. The impression was that they were made in a batch, and then waited at the kitchen to be served.

We liked the room, the pool, the cleanliness, the ambience, and the overall level of facilities and service.

• One-Bedroom Carmel Suite with Private Terrace

No tea was served with dinner. Coffee service at breakfast was slow. We would like to have a better range of exercise classes.

Beds and linens were very comfortable. The food was terrific.

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

The facilities are clean but very old. Most of the staff was border-line professional. The wine bar was closed, and regardless the loby bar closed at 10:45 PM. Large variety of food. The Sauna is seperated for men / women and I could‘t enjoy shared spa time with my wife.

The location is one of a kind. The SPA treatments were great! The customer-relations manager was very attentive and she did comonesate us for our poor experience.

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Coffee took too long to arrive in the morning. What’s wrong with leaving a coffee pot on the table so you don’t have to keep asking. Lighting in bathroom not good.

Loved the two steaks we had. Didn’t know kosher meat was so delicious. The breads at breakfast were really good. Can I take the chef home with me?

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

the furniture needs some renovation, and the food service should be an open buffet

It was amazing. You feel that you are the only one at the hotel, very romantic, very private, the massage was very professional, and the garden is part of heaven..

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

No value for money - the price is extremely expensive, and for this price level, I expect perfection. Firstly, there were not enough parking places when I arrived and no help was offered with carrying the luggage from the external parking lot. Cleaning staff are a bit too noisy when cleaning adjacent rooms (shouting and laughing) though very nice. Food was nice but not much more. I would have liked to have more activity options, especially in the evenings. Also, there was a lot of misinformation/unclarity regarding dining options in the lobby and pool area. It wasn't clear enough what was open and when, which was a bit frustrating. Lastly, the checkout experience was a bit lame: I asked to checkout an hour later and was allowed to do so. I had to go and change my key card 3 (!) times and finally the security guard had to come and open the room so I can get my things and check out properly. It was very uncomfortable and just created an unnecessary delay.

Amazing location in terms of scenery and very quiet (this can also be a disadvantage if you like going out at night). Overall staff was very kind and helpful, except one evening in the dining room which was very bad. Extremely clean, both inside the room and in the common areas. The gardens are very well kept. Spa is well equipped, and the treatments I chose were very good.

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

Dining room staff appeared stressed, over worked and anxious, food arrived after a long wait. One waitress was not feeling well and coughed often when taking our order and when serving our food. There is a need to accommodate more lounge chairs by the pool, many people where left without a place to sit in the shade.

Beautiful grounds, enjoyed the extra activities in the fitness and exercise rooms. Smoke free environment is a big plus!

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Very small dishes at the dinner (especially the chicken breast, which was only two small slices). When this happens you can ask for another dish (but no one tells you that). Food was okay, but you expect more for this price range. The meat fillet and the Salmon were too dry. Service at dinner was unprofessional. Just for example, the waiters kept asking if we want to hear about deserts when we were still chewing, but when we finished eating we couldn't find any of them for a long time.

Facilities where nice, the hotel is very clean and well kept. Very nice breakfast. Many healthy activities like gym, pools, and lessons like Yoga and aerobics. Overall good and relaxing stay. The fact that children are not allowed is a major advantage.

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Service is however very far from an exclusive hotel Personal not always welcoming at check-in. You might feel that you come to register in an Israeli public administration. Restaurant personal at the entrance not very welcoming. Especially I tried to reserve a specific table for the birthday of my wife for 9 o clock and ask very politely if it was possible - I received a very rude answer like "No you cannot book or reserve any specific table- come at 6.30 pm and you will have the table you want !" Where are we ? Waiters are nice however. When I came for check out, (despite I asked to pay after chabbat and confirmed at least this point 2 times), the employee told me that it was already paid and withheld on my credit card...before permitting me to check the details of the invoice. Not professional As a summary, a very nice hotel located in a very nice location but with Israeli service. At the Norman Hotel, you pay the price, but the luxury service is here.

The location is amazing, very quiet and very relaxing Spa is good and personal is nice - Exterior Swimming pool is very nice - very nice personal notably the coach named Rami is very professional and nice

• One-Bedroom Carmel Suite with Private Terrace

It would be more perfect if the kosher supervision was greater than rabbinaut. The masgiach was helpful in guiding us,however, it would be a big plus if the hechshur was totally mehadrin. We would have been able enjoy a bigger variety of food. Also, I had called ahead to book spa appointments because I assumed it would get booked up. However, no one answered, nor did they call me back. So when I arrived in the afternoon they did not have any availability for the rest of the day. After a bit of discussion however ( beseeching more like it), the helpful spa manager found a short service for me for that day. I was able to book the next two days at that time without much trouble.

Everyone on staff was super nice. The food was excellent. Loved the quiet. They have a no cellphone policy! Also enjoyed all the cozy spots to sit on the lawn, in the shade to enjoy the views and the gardens. The spa services were great. We became so relaxed. Would definitely recommend the hotel and plan to return IY'H'.

• One-Bedroom Carmel Suite with Private Terrace

The food was good not great As a vegan the I wish to have more options Also the fresh juice ( carrot) was definitely not fresh... past do

The location was very peaceful

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Because it was the sabbath, the food was a bit less than wonderful, and the activities were very limited. The setting is wonderful and we would have liked to take a short hike. We did not want to get up at 7 to go on a guided 5 km walk, and yes, we could have looked this up on the internet ourselves, but surely the hotel could provide a leaflet detailing trails in the area!

The quiet, the comfortable bed, the dry sauna, the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Carmel Suite with Private Terrace

The rooms are very plain and the spa locker room is small, not many amenities, lockers were broken and not cleaned up with new robe and slippers. No where to sit and change.

The hotel has their own restaurant which is exceptionally good. It's included in the price. The spa therapists are experienced and excellent. The pools are large and beautiful. The scenery and setting is perfect for relaxation.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Check in staff are not the friendliest Rooms need updating Poor room service menu

The grounds and pool area are the best thing about the hotel Food is pretty decent too Gym better than expected

All was Perfect

It was one of the the most luxurious resorts we have stayed at. The food was superb. Presentation of the food was beautiful. Our room over looked the forest. The pool and gardens wwere tranquil and beautiful as were the surrounding gardens,

• Superior Double Garden Room with Private Terrace

This I have never had before: the price I closed with Booking was not the eventual price I had to pay. It turned out VAT was not included. No clear indication on the confirmation only in the small print way way way down in the mail. A whopping 17% extra on an expensive outing to begin with. Booking can do better IMHO. And so can Carmel Forest Spa Resort.

This is the ultimate relaxation realm.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Carmel Suite with Private Terrace

Excellent kosher spa in the middle of the Carmel Forest. Surroundings are beautiful, with a view of the Mediterranean Sea in the distance. It was worth spending more on a better room higher up, with a better view. Indoor and outdoor pools both very good. Food during Passover was very good -- the dessert chef will exceed any expectations you may have. Be prepared to see other guests going around in bathrobes while waiting for spa treatments -- it's that kind of place.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Superior Double Garden Room with Private Terrace

Most of the staff was either apathetic or plain rude. Restaurant food was mediocre. Outside pool was unavailable due to renovations. Way too expensive for what it is.

Spa is good. Room was very comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Superior Double Garden Room with Private Terrace

The service could have been better. For example, our waiter did not bring us water for quite a while after we requested it; also, it would have been nice to have a small pot of coffee for breakfast, instead of having to ask for refills of my small cup.

All in all, the facility is excellent! It has a refined atmosphere, very similar to a European resort and quite different from most Israeli hotels, which are quite noisy.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

We were booked half-board. Dinner main course selection was limited, lacked selection and was repeated during our 2 day stay. Waiters were very friendly but lacked five star training e.g. unfamiliarity with wine list ; leaning over guests to clear the table. The masseuse in the spa had hard callouses on her fingers which was uncomfortable. Public areas were cold. Overall : overpriced and short of international 5 star standards.

Location, views and peacefulness of the hotel and friendly staff. Food was tasty and beautifully presented. The buffet starter array of food was stunning, including the breakfasts. The complimentary box of quality cookies was a nice gesture. The Nespresso machine in the room was great but it would have been better if there was milk provided and a better selection of teas.

• Superior Double Garden Room with Private Terrace

Small thing the fruit salad was one of the worst I have had which is a surprise when the rest of the food was so good.

It was really great the staff especially the girl on the bar in the lounge. The Spa was fabulous

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Carmel Suite with Private Terrace

Hotel is tired, needs renovation, room service took forever. Everytime I asked for something like an extra pillow or milk et, it took over 40 mins even after repeatedly calling.

Veiws, staff manner. Dinner was superb

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

The jacuzzi could have been hotter. There's not a lot to do for people who don't love exercise so my husband was bored sometimes. Maybe you could consider additional activities that don't involve exercise?

We loved the atmosphere. The pool was warm and Rami gave me great advice to help me improve my swimming. The jacuzzi could have been hotter. The massage therapists were fabulous. The bed was very comfortable. We loved the yoga-I went all three mornings. The breakfast was just ok but dinners were wonderful. Also when they messed up on my husband's birthday cake they immediately made it up to us.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Superior Double Garden Room with Private Terrace

There were no water dispensers at the pool or on each floor. Drinking glasses in the dining room were far too small. A lot of clattering of plates by dining staff

The outside grounds and swimming pool were fabulous. Loads of shaded areas to get away from the sun when you want. Evening meal.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Carmel Suite with Private Terrace

It felt like a retirement home. The site was in a middle of a forest, I would have liked the possibilities to ride bicycles for instance, having "natural" activities.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

Lack of attention by the restaurant wait staff, sitting chair in room very uncomfortable, and had a table with ONE chair, while we were 2.

Treatments, food, serenity all very good

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

The only thing that I didn't like about this hotel is the dinner; we were there on Saturday and the dinner wasn't good, even at the pool we ordered a sandwich but it wasn't tasty also.

Everything about this hotel is perfect; the location, the spa, the pool and the view.. I recommend all couples who look for relaxation to visit this hotel. Such a wonderful, calm and amazing place.. I'll visit it again

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

The breakfast eggs were not good ie.omelettes and sunny side up.I like more hot buffet choices at meal times.Had to go looking for waiters for coffee and ordering at both breakfasts.Lack of plates and bowls and cutlery.Staff friendly but need to be faster to all tables again especially at breakfasts.My daughter is a chef and said the egg making was done too fast to suit the chef.

Exactly what a luxury spa should be.Totally relaxing and enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

At check in we were warned to have dinner early, so we did. Our waiter at dinner did not even give me a chance to look at the full menu. He did not take the time to suggest a glass of wine. We were rushed thru our meal. that was unpleasant. We sat down with some friends and they even ordered additional entrees! A totally different waitperson experience.

the food was wonderful and at least for dinner my daughter was guided thru all the appetizers so she could avoid gluten. the presentation was beautiful and calming! I could have tried more if my stomach would have allowed. The grounds were beautiful, the hotel lovely in a low key way. The experience was calming.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

wrong,unasked for,information at the counter at our arrival suggesting we could pay in dollars without VAT made me feel rather uncomfortable during cheque-out

good service during stay

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

The fitness facility was rather meager for a spa hotel. The spa facility was small and cramped. Service at check in was lackluster. There should be a menu of spa offerings in the guest rooms.

Food selection and preparation and restaurant service were outstanding. The grounds are beautiful.The overall feeling is very peaceful and calm. The pool and surrounding area are gorgeous. Room was very clean and well appointed, supplied with all sorts of amenities. Music in the lobby in the evening was a nice way to end the day.

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

Very sweet and accommodating staff.

• Superior Double Garden Room with Private Terrace

Relaxing, luxurious resort. Beautiful food and pleasant attentive staff

Poor breakfast, small room

Great location and view! Very nice stuff, good dinner

• One-Bedroom Carmel Suite with Private Terrace

Check in could be faster... long waiting line

Beautiful and clean place. No kids, no phones - great! Surroundings were very picturesque.

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

The seats in the lounge area were very uncomfortable.

Everything. The food was better than on previous visits. Very good indeed.

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

low value for this huge amount of money. charging for wine and soda on dinner.

clean, quiet

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

Impossible to reach by phone. Spa didnt connfirm treatments by EMail as promised anf had to call teice to makr changes.

The quiet and the spa.

Very expensive

Landscape Sauna Indoor pool

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

It's a beautiful, special place!

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Parts of hotel needing a bit of maintenance

The food was excellent. Large variety of Spa treatments.

Very nice location, friendly staff and fantastic food

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Just listed- need to book early for dinner or possibly hav late sitting

Bed uncomfortable - had to call for blankets

Small portions Felt rushed Poor service

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Pool was too cold! Could have been more activities

A bit pricy

Peaceful and super quite

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

There is a no cell phone use policy in public areas. However, guests violated this policy in the dining room by leaving their phones on.

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Food was healthy and delicious

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Peaceful location with great view, many activities and classes

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

staff were not interested in giving service at any level.

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

service in restaurant could have been improved

everything. The grounds, pool, relaxation area. It was sublime

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

The property is stunning. Relaxation was number one . We loved the spa. The four handed massage was awesome. Pool was delightful.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Le piano bar et l'enegrie positive de pianiste. and Excellent breakfast

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

Couldn't get hot drink at dinner.

Need more entertainment. Was too crowded for a spa. Staff are not professional for a place like this.

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

The facilities are lovely and the service is perfect!

Should allow a 16 year old child to stay in a room with the parents

This place is exactly how it looks on line. It is superb

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

Busy check, had to wait, staff were undergoing training guests ignored

Quiet, lovely grounds, nice pool, good Spa

• One-Bedroom Carmel Suite with Private Terrace

The food was amazing,outdoor pool was great, bathroom was spacious, room's balcony was awesome.

• One-Bedroom Carmel Suite with Private Terrace

the air conditioning in our room didn't work, and they had to come and fix it twice. the same was true about the door. It was annoying

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Absolutely exelent

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Amazing food, relaxing, beautiful setting

• Superior Double Garden Room with Private Terrace

It was hard to get a massage

I found the hotel very relaxing

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Guide for hiking in area surrounding hotel.

Couples Massage

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Service and food

Facilities, forest setting

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Double Carmel Deluxe Room

Very very expensive without justification

very good service

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Lack of communication between spa staff & reception

Delicious food

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Superior Double Tsameret Room with Private Terrace and Forest View

Can't think of anything off-hand...

We thought the food was amazing. Treatments were excellent. Pool area was lovely and accommodating!!

The food was good but dinner was Crowded and could be better if it was open Buffet for the main coursee