2. Israel hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Ein Gedi Kibbutz Hotel

Reviews of Ein Gedi Kibbutz Hotel

Kibbutz Ein Gedi, Ein Gedi, 86980, Israel

#2 of 3 hotels in Ein Gedi

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 18, 2018

The Junior Suite and of course the spa!
    • Junior Suite with Terrace

I have been here few times and for me Ein Gedi is in my heart! This is my home in the desert! In the years I noticed a bit lower quality in the food and the service in the Dining room. But I still do like the food...maybe just go back in the years;-) I suggest also to have light classic or relaxung mudic in the pool of the spa and to.invite people to silence or low voice chatting...also the lights, more dark with some relaxing lights, it would be WOW!

The Junior Suite and of course the spa! Special thank to the receptionists!

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

I’d go back again but would ask about the age of the room in advance.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room we had was older and could use remodeling. We saw that there were rooms under renovation. So perhaps next time the room will be nicer.

We arrived late at night and staff was awake and ready to help us. The breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

Beautiful spot
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Minimal vegan entree options. Stoneware in restaurant consistently not clean, with little bits of stuck on food. Noisy mini-frig in room. Bathroom door would not close.

Beautiful location, exceptional grounds, facilities; guided walks. Outstanding Shabbat food selection, the above notwithstanding. Friday night entertainment a plus. Would definitely return.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Living in a fairy tale
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The Kibbutz is a dream! You feel like staying in the 1001 night fairy tale! It´s a bit on the more expensive side but they offer a lot, e.g. a shuttle service (for free) to wherever you want (tours, beach etc.). You can hang out after check-out as long as you like, use the Spa etc. Highly recommend! The restaurant felt a bit like a canteen, but the food was great!

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

the location is wonderful, the plants in the garden, the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

dinner is not at the level you find in many other places in Israel, the rooms are ok but not much more...

the location is wonderful, the plants in the garden, the view...and much better as the big hotels at the Dead Sea further south.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

The beautiful gardens opposite the reception area.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Reception was cold. I had to ask the person checking me in to please look at me and not roll his eyes in all directions and that an occasional smile doesn’t hurt. All I wanted was a feeling that my presence, rather then my money, was wanted. Questions that I asked regarding the hotel’s facilities was like pulling teeth.....a bit frustrating! I soon found out that dining room, pool, spa, supermarkets were all spread out throughout the kibbutz village.... every was in a 10-15 minute walk. It was sunny outside......what happens when it rains. I was told that I couldn’t drive my car due to lack of parking. There was shuttle service in the morning for breakfast. (I skipped breakfast.....the idea of walking around to the reception building and then waiting for a shuttle spoiled my appetite. I was alone....what happens with families? How many are shuttled together? Does half the family go and have to wait for the rest? Regarding the room....I reserved what’s classified as a standard room. A clothes line was next to the door to enter....not very appealing! The room was dark, the furniture totally uncomfortable. When I opened the dusty curtain I realized that I had no privacy. Any one could see in or climb in through the window. Left with no choice I closed the curtain and put the air conditioner on.....NOISY! Oh did I mention the spider webs on the wall next to the air conditioning unit. They were there! The bathroom was tiny, the toilet seat in need of repair and the shower door was not efficient. Since there was no floor mat I simply put the towels on the floor to soak up the mini flood. All very irritating. By 5 am I chose hot dusty air in the room to loud air conditioner noise. When I got up I had no desire to walk to the reception building, wait for the shuttle to the breakfast room in to see what was being offered for breakfast! I packed my bags and checked out. I paid for two nights and managed to get through one.

The beautiful gardens opposite the reception area.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Can’t wait to return
    • Junior Suite with Terrace

Beautiful grounds and easy friendly atmosphere. I love that they have accommodations for many levels of financial ability, as hotel shares the values of the nearby kibbutz. Spa was aesthetically pleasing and comfortable to spend time in.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Very interesting place to stay! Location! Views! Nice people!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

One little thing was surprising. They have nice magnets on the door, you can choose "don't disturb" or "clean my room" to put on the outside of the door. We put "don't disturb" on the door, as we wanted to take a nap after getting up at 4am to climb Masada and see the sunrise, that was spectacular!, the cleaning staff still walked into the room and even seeing me jumping out of bed confused and upset she was still standing there not understanding that I wanted her to leave! So great we had that magnet to put on the door!

Beautiful gardens!!!! Amazing views!!!!Good homey food. Chef was talking to people and checking in with everybody. Very casual atmosphere. We had body wrap and massage in the spa and really enjoyed it!! We stayed in superior room that was very spacious! Very close to Masada and Ein Gedi beach.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Pretty kibbutz, decent place to sleep - super expensive.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Price we paid was too much for the services. The free pool area stunk like sulfur and urine. The pool patio was dirty and gross - great views of the Dead Sea from there but didn't want to stay very long to enjoy it.

Great location to Ein Gedi reserve. Nice dinner meal in the lobby restaurant. Delicious buffet for breakfast. When we found our original room had an issue with running water from the toilet - they promptly gave us another room and upgraded us. The original room was pretty small, run down and needing an update. Not worth the price per night - the upgraded room was more to my expectations of what I'd be getting in Ein Gedi.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Spa was very good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Staff at the front desk was very unfriendly - we have never experienced anything like that. The big restaurant wasn't very good and there are no other possibilities to get food. Spa at the sea need renovation.

Spa was very good. Pool was very nice. A peaceful Oasis with beautiful trees and animals. Our room was very big and clean and it had everything. Spa on hotel grounds was included in our upgraded room.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Beautiful, restful oasis in the desert!

Not a thing!

This is a must-visit place, an oasis in the desert right next to Yam HaMelach. The food was abundant, superb, and cheap, and the room was very comfy, and staff were extremely nice. It was the perfect place to spend my Shabbat.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Dramatic landscape around hotel;
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The Ein Gedi spa of the sea, outside hotel complex, substandard; a bit overpriced

Dramatic landscape around hotel; the spa in the hotel complex; wildlife roaming in the gardens; decent buffet for breakfast and dinner; bar area good

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Very good in an amazing accommodation
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The staff at the reception was helpful but quite hasty and too fast in explaining and the food in the buffet restaurant was nothing special, not the one you would expect from such a location. Overnight, there was not any kind of entertainment a part of a vintage piano bar.

The position of this accommodation is great: on a hill with the dead in the landscape. Several services and facilities, I didn't try the spa but it looks great! It is also very interesting to understand the internal organization of an Israeli kibbutz.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Great break, but too short for one night
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The opening time in Synergy Spa could be longer as Check in was stated from 3pm. We didn’t know that we could use the kibbutz facilities earlier.

Great place - kibbutz is situated in a botanical garden, Daniela provided nice walk & talk about the Kibbutz and the plants from all over the world. Malah (I’m afraid , I don’t remember the name of the second guide) talked us through the area and explained about Ein Gedi national park and reserve. I liked both, the Synergy Spa with great facilities overlooking mountains and the EinGedi SeaSpa with its Sulfat pools and of course the Dead Sea beach facilities

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

This is the type of kibbutz you’ve read about in books, an...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Some of the staff are absolutely miserable people. It’s an effort to get more than a grunt out of them, if you dare ask a question. Don’t get me wrong, some staff members were positive, lively and enthusiastic participants in hospitality, but the miserable characters working there spoil it for them.

This is the type of kibbutz you’ve read about in books, an beautiful oasis etched out of the gravel. The experience is worth having. The gardens are genuinely delightful.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Price too expansive for what u get
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We got our room keys at 8pm. We arrived there about 4pm and all they told us they don’t know when we get the room. This is not professional and not acceptable for that price There is no possibility for food or anything else except hotel stuff.

Rooms are clean and nice

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Great location, helpful staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It's expensive, but Israel is not a cheap place. If you come on Shabbat your dining options are limited. The cafe/bar only has a limited cold menu and the only other option is the full buffet, which is good quality but more food and more money than I usually want for dinner. The pool is nice but many people are smoking despite the prominent no-smoking signs. That is an annoyance, though not necessarily the fault of the hotel. I wish guests would observe the rules.

I have stayed here three times and would return again. I love the location. The grounds are beautiful. Although it is expensive, you do get access to the beach across the road, and you are right next to two great nature reserves. These are a must-see but go early before the buses arrive! As for the staff they were extremely kind and helpful - and that's a bit unusual in Israel. We had a junior suite and I think it is worth the extra money. The standard rooms feel a bit old. Plus, the suites give you access to the spa area which we enjoyed. I love the hammam! If you are traveling without kids this is a place where you can be by a pool with no kids. Bottom line, if you can get past the cost, this is a great place to spend a few days.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Spa with a view
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The spa on the Dead Sea is rather dated, it could do with a face lift.

The biggest advantage of the hotel is free access to their spa both on the location and down at the Dead Sea (with shuttle). We liked very much the garden, which is full birds, the location in the middle of desert and the full 'Israeli' breakfast. The room was big and comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Disappointed but enjoyed the swim in the dead sea.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

What was shown in the booking site was not accurate of the complex. The price for 1 night was more than the price for 3 nights in Tiberias and from the pictures online we thought that it was quite an up market place, sadly no. The private beach was several minutes drive away and the walk to the waterfall is not free as advertised.

The meal was very nice and you could eat as much as you liked. The pool area was nice but the pool was cold and we were expecting a heated one.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Amazing location and history.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The room ( in the oldest part of the hotel) could do with some updating for the price charged. On the other hand it was clean and comfortable, and the facilities and the place itself far outweigh this qualm.

Amazing location and history. Kibbutz members are very special people, and the guided tours around the place are a wonderfully enriching experience. The kibbutz itself, made into a botanical garden in the middle of the desert using the freshwater springs underground is a marvel. Great and abundant choice at breakfast and dinner in the dining room. Everything is very well organised and runs smoothly, from the golf-buggy that took us with my elderly mother from the hotel to the dining room, to the minibus shuttle to the nearby spa and beach . Best place by far for a visit to the Dead Sea in Israel.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Very expensive for a basic bungalow type room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was nothing like the pictures. Very basic and old. The private beach advertised was a drive away, and was actually a public beach with a voucher for free admission given by the hotel. Very expensive for a basic bungalow type room.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

The place is definitely worth of visit and we are lucky that we got there.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The pool and the spa are a bit wornout, but generally ok. (We didn't try spa services though). If I was an owner of the place I would definitely do something with the breakfast facilities and food layout, but again, as far as it is an only option in the area ...

Considering the fact that the area itself has not many accommodation possibilities to choose from, the Ein Gedi is a good choice. Do not expect luxury and keep in mind that this is a community-run hotel with its own plusses and minuses. As we were travelling with three children we booked two double de luxe rooms which were interconnected and really spacious. An empty fridge in room was also very useful:) We also enjoyed sitting in the (dairy) cafe after our daily visits to various places outside of the hotel. The hotel has their own weekly events programme, we liked the late-evening visit to Masada very much. The botanical garden around the hotel is a real gem. We walked around a bit also in the kibbutz to see locals and their houses.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Perfect room and location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The check in was a bit a nuisance but in the end was resolved satisfactory by the manager.

The room was in the newly built part with a beautiful view on the mountains. Location is perfect to explore the Negev!

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Unforgettable location, amazing stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Food too expensive for what it is Staff not so helpful as no transportation between the hostel and Jerusalem exceptionnaly and we have to sorted out ourselves.

Amazing location a must seen ! Discovery of a kibbutz

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Beautiful kibbutz near the Dead Sea but make sure you take a deluxe room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

That the spa was not included. That we had no private verandah.

The kibbutz is beautiful but I would recommend taking a top rated room. We stayed there once before and had an upgraded room. This time our room was much smaller with no private verandah and we had to pay extra to use the spa.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

The location is good with Lots of possible activities in the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The place is quite run down, really expensive for what is offered. Will not be going back...

The location is good with Lots of possible activities in the area

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

The location was great!

Breakfast was average. Some

The location was great! Was in a brand new renovated room! The evening meal was good although the breakfast was a little on average side. The lady in the shop selling items was such a pleasure so helpful really enjoyed her advice and help!

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

Our favorite stop at the Dead Sea.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Reception personnel curt and not particularly helpful, especially given the difficult weather conditions - flash floods cutting off roads - impacting a large majority of guests. I will go back anyway....

Stunning setting, lush gardens, great pool, good and varied cuisine.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

The place is gorgeous at any time of year.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Everything about this place is wonderful but not quite as good as last time. The food was tasty but there wasn't much difference day to day. In fact the kitchen and the fact that the beds were lumpy were my only two complaints. The food had more variety previously and it was fresher and hot when served. This time the shakshuka was yummy but cold and the roast I had seemed to be left over from the night before's meal. I miss the blintz and fresh eggs. The waffles even though they could have been made to order were also just piled up on a warmer. As I said lumpy bed. But location and staff make up for these things in a big way

The place is gorgeous at any time of year. The location near the oasis the beach and Masada make it ideal but the grounds and their own spa make it fantastic! The staff is super friendly too.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Not worth the money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not very clean and the rooms could use a renovation. The breakfast was advertised to have vegan options, but did not have any. The staff were very unhelpful or downright rude.

Well situated when visiting the dead sea

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Beautiful location!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Overpriced by a long shot. The standard rooms need a serious upgrade, they are quite run-down, walls are too thin so we were listening to the neighbor’s tv... if I had known how they really looked like, I would have never paid this amount of money for it.

Beautiful location! Also dinner buffet was great.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

The location is fabulous and having so many lovely trees and...
    • Junior Suite with Terrace

Canteen style eating in the dining room and cold food. Dirty tables around the pool. not giving check for signing resulting in being charged NIS173 instead of NIS48. Not enough sun beds at Dead Sea Spa swimming pool.

The location is fabulous and having so many lovely trees and scrubs was fantastic. Outside swimming pool excellent as was guided tour by Daniela. Great bar and pool service.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

Wonderful 2-night anniversary stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel features minimalistic guest rooms (with everything you need) set in a spectacular botanical garden. The views are indescribably gorgeous. There was a small patio off the back of our room with a small table and two chairs, perfect for enjoying a glass of wine. There is also an unobtrusive wooden box which contained a drying rack (clothes dry fast in the desert. Daily there is a guided hike and I went on the one to the waterfalls of the National Park (Bring money for the admission fee). The large outdoor pool has great views and the beautiful on-site spa has a small Dead Sea saltwater pool (fun to bob in) along with sauna, steam room and much more. We were also offered a day pass to the spa on the banks of the Dead Sea but enjoyed the on-site facilities so much we never made it. The breakfast buffet was overwhelming and all of it good. We also had the buffet dinner both nights since, other than the lobby milk bar, there is nowhere else to eat. Masada is about 10 miles away and afterwards we were happy to return to the pool. There are 2 elderly washing machines on-site for guest use (no dryers) and they will sell you laundry soap in the lobby.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

Great location and access to Dead Sea, Masada and Ein Gedi Nature Reserve
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The lunch and dinner options are very limited if you are not into a big meat buffet. The small bar kitchen can do with a menu overhaul - both taste and options wise. The food can be an issue if you are staying for more than 1-2 nights. The place and the facilities are a little dated overall.

The location is amazing. The views from the standard room are spectacular. You can see the endless desert strech out in front of you. The breakfast buffet is delicious with multiple choices for vegetarians. They give you a lot of information about facilities when you check in.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Highly recommended considering why you're there...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

While we enjoyed this resort very much, mostly due to its magnificent location, I just have a few points about it. 1) You have to do whatever you can to secure one of the newer rooms; the older ones are very tired and worn, while the newer renovated rooms are nicely redone and far more comfortable. 2) The signage on the property is terrible. You will get lost several times. It's very widely spread out, so just expect it. Otherwise, rent a car and enjoy the gorgeous scenery and Masada at sunrise, 15 minutes away and about an hour's climb to the top.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

good place to go for health & relaxation
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

i would add freshly squeezed orange juice presser and a box of ornages each morning and omelettes for the breakfast. then it would be a 10/10 for breakfast. also first time I stayed I was provided with a lift with my bags to my room, not so the second time, which turned out to be the time I really needed it as there were steps and I broke one of the wheels of my new suitcase using these steps.

the settings are lovely. on one side you have the dead sea and the mountains of Jordan across the sea, on the other you have the desert arugot with various wildlife. Theres a decent spa with lovely staff in the kibbutz which you get free access to if you pay for superior rooms not basic ones. Then theres a bus which runs many times a day from reception and takes you to a free spa which then has a little shuttle down to the dead sea. the resteraunt is also good. people have complained on other reviews that the resteraunt is like a cafeteria. I think thats harsh.Its set in the desert and its style suits the heat and its well stocked with plenty of choice and good staff. also the spas were criticised in some other reviews which worried me before I actually went to this hotel. someone moaned they are full of russians. this is stupid and racist. yes there are a lot of russians. any of them i spoke to were nice people in my experience. someone else moaned the place was dirty. I didnt find this to be the case at all. the spa at the kibbutz was clean and the free one was basic with a lovely chill out pool to use after the dead sea. In my view its a really good hotel. I recommend it

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

Beautiful resort in a great location to visit the Dead Sea and Masada at a great value
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It is a very unique place with a great view over the Dead Sea and the surrounding mountains Great staff Great food for breakfast and dinner at a very fair price

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

Beautiful location and amazing facilities
    • Standard Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

On the expensive side in my opinion but you can’t beat the views, the pool, the natural wonder and the yummy food so I guess it balances out. Our room was very small but adequate for a family of 4.

Beautiful location and amazing facilities

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

It‘s all about spirit 💚
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Behavior of guests during dinner 👎🏻 (use nice looking room dividers to arrange a more cozy atmosphere), a bit loud air con in the room

Free tour to waterful with a local from the kibbutz which really put all his love into it, intereting idea behind the kibbutz, friendly stuff

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

The room was big
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The service of the hotel was not good compared to the price you pay. It's unacceptable to receive the rooms at 5 when you pay 750 euros your room

The room was big

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

I like atmosphere, location, nice staff good food but dinner...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

For such a money they should keep it more clean and everything djould work properly. I had small problem with Air condition

I like atmosphere, location, nice staff good food but dinner is to much expensive. Its ok but not worthy.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

The suite is located nicely with parking directly in front...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Unfriendly, incompetent staff that showed little interest in accommodating our wishes and questions already at check-in. It therefore took 45 minutes to get to the room. Breakfast was mediocre at best, once again the staff was unfriendly in the dining hall. Front desk staff at the spa was superb, however very rude masseuses for our booked treatments. Even with a decent deal, prices charged for the suite are too high compared to the service level.

The suite is located nicely with parking directly in front of the door and a nice patio area. The suite is spacious, well equipped with a big, clean bathroom. The Kibbutz itself is very nice with friendly inhabitants.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

good place to go for health & relaxation

its expensive.

I found the staff to be helpful & friendly contrary to other reviews. The place is wonderful for relaxation, surrounded by mountains and the dead sea. theres a shuttle bus running regularly to the dead sea. there are a couple of spas one on site, the other off site which is free. everyones relaxed. the restaurants great with a good choice of foods.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Very good accomodation, highly recommended while visiting...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately, there was a smell of smoke from previous clients when we entered the room. To be noted the staff kindly proposed an alternative room that we refused.

Very good accomodation, highly recommended while visiting the Dead Sea region. Good level of services (great pool with a view, nice spa, shuttle to the beach etc.) and of course amazing garden (well maintained) making it a special experience.

• Reviewed: September 9, 2018

Overall ok experience. Lower expectations going in and disappointing in some areas - but ok 2 days
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

See above for mixed review but overall satisfaction. One other note on the downside. The "shuttle" from the spa/pool to the dead sea (mandatory) was a bone jarring experience. Basically a tractor haling these metal carts with benches and zero shock absorbers of any kind that seriously hurt my back - still hurts now a week later. I'll recover but still in a fair amount of pain. They really need to upgrade these animal haulers. I wouldn't put dogs in on of those let alone humans. Some any very nice and relaxing attributes of this place and the garden was awesome, but they really need to upgrade and improve a number of areas (all at what would be nominal cost) and even charge more if needed. It would take much to make this a much better experience that it is today. Again, overall a good experience, and worth staying a couple of days with the right expectations, but I don't think we will be back anytime soon unless there are some upgrades.

Overall a very nice and relaxing experience but we did get off to a rather poor start. We arrived at 1:00 pm and had to wait until after 3pm for check-in even though the place was off-season and 90% empty. Once we did check-in after our long drive and mediocre lunch at the cafe, we headed to pool where they were out of towels. The girl at the counter said they were on the way. 40 minutes later after sitting on same clean edge of an otherwise bird poop covered chair and taking a swim we went dripping wet to get towels for the 3rd time.... nothing. I asked that girl there please call someone so she left her post walked a few feet away to go to a storage closet and low and behold, a million towels. Finally though we were going to relax but a whole clan of unrule little brats - with parents that were even worse - flooded the pool and we were forced to leave to keep our sanity. The kids/bad parents part was certainly not the fault of the resort but it just capped off a rather terrible start. The rooms are little long in the tooth but we had a very nice superior room that had a wonderful and unique view. The show was a little musty and smelled of mold but we ran the hot water and cleaned it up a bit, ran the vent the rest of the day and left the door open that that did the trick. The wood doors on the closet were warped and nearly impossible to open or close without a major battle. Despite these two issue with the room were okay overall and our expectations were not high based on other reviews so we were fine with how that part went. Other than those two areas all started going much better. Dinner buffet was very good with plenty of options for vegan meals. Same for breakfast the next morning. Food was one of the highlights and most staff were friendly and helpful. The next day we went to the dead sea spa that is part of the hotel and it was enjoyable and interesting and relaxing and the spa at the hotel was even better and more relaxing.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

The grounds, the trees and plants, the dinner (spectacular),...
    • Junior Suite with Terrace

WiFi kept going out; needs to be fixed. Was hard to find office; need some signs.

The grounds, the trees and plants, the dinner (spectacular), the views.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

good breakfast and very nice SPA.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

rooms are old prefabricated buildings, but the bathroom was refurbished. Due to the location you need to have dinner at the restaurant: the food is average.

good breakfast and very nice SPA. Location is convenient with the beach (10 mins by car or bus)

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

Good solution for first timers in Dead Sea
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Reaching Ein Gedi Kibbutz hotel by bus is super easy, it stops just in front of the reception hall. The structure is well organized, the room was wide and everything is surrounded by amazing nature. The swimming pool is packed with kids but you have options, chilling at the Spa or either use their bus to go to the sea and enjoy floating like you never did before.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Great place in great location, August 2018
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Water in shower or baths too hot (hard ir impossible to set), dinners a bit expensive (but ok it is dead sea), food was better ten years ago, but all are minor issues.

Location, rooms, food, air conditioning, pool: great place in great location with great views, landscape.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2018

Truly wonderfull place and wonderfull people.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We went on shabbat so no food only sandwiches and cake but ate so much at breakfast didnt mind !!

The gardens are beautiful felt like I had entered another world.I will never forget this place it is so fantastic.The people here are so friendly we wandered into someones private garden while viewing the beautiful botanical gardens they just said hi and gave a big smile.The breakfast very very nice.You take a shuttle bus to the spa they have sulphur pools an outdoor swimming pool and of course the dead sea that you reach via a tractor.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

For our purposes it was ok.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

For our purposes it was ok. Very basic accommodations. Worthwhile if you want to be close to Masada and Ein Gedi. The Dead Sea beach is some distance from the facility although they provide transportation. Spa is very nice but extra $10 per guest to use

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

The location was great!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The design of the hotel was not built to take advantage of the beautiful view in the area.

The location was great! The dead sea not far away and the oasis/greenery beautiful.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

The Garden of Eden!
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

The only thing... the shower leaked a bit!

The food is great - a wide selection of meat and vegetarian options. Lots of salad and fruit as well. The spa is great as is the big outdoor pool. The "beach" is getting further and further away but is worth the trip by their shuttle bus. It is worth a hike to one of the nearby springs - start early to avoid the heat!

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Beautiful facility in a lovely spot.

We were traveling with three children, and the hotel could not accommodate us in one suite; we had to take two. For logistics as well as cost, we would have happily paid an extra-bed fee for a cot so that we could all be in one suite. As there were many families staying there, I'm sure we weren't the only ones in this situation.

This is a lovely, luxurious kibbutz hotel in a gorgeous, lush garden oasis in the desert. The rooms were very nice, the buffet dinner very good, and the pool was great. Ibexes can be spotted wandering through among the buildings! The location is perfect to allow an early morning climb up Masada (The hotel gave us a simple boxed breakfast the night before for our pre-dawn hike) and it is very close to Ein Gedi oasis.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Beautiful Kibbutz Hotel is focussing less on quality every year... :-(
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We visit Ein Gedi at least once a year for many years. The first view years we rated 10/10. Although it's still the most beautiful place on earth the joy and quality of the hotel is diminishing rapidly. - Staff at the reception (although the same staff for years) ain't as friendly as they used to be. - The Spa is charged money for since last year if you don't book the luxury rooms. This is a negative and very unfriendly change. - There was fungus in our refrigerator. - The shower in our bathroom was broken and leaking warer into the room. - Most of the beds at the pool are broken. - In the Spa many things are broken, damaged, dirty... And the shower of the Spa is not pouring water correctly. - The music in the bar is extremely loud when you try to sleep in one of the rooms close to the bar. - We were almost overrun by one of the employees driving like crazy in a golf car and we had to jump aside. - The complimentary shampoos and conditioners are of cheaper brands and less quality every year for 3 years in a row now. - Bathrobes are suddenly not provided Any more with the room. We hope that although they build many new houses for guests Ein Gedi Kibbutz Hotel will start focussing on quality instead of quantity again... :-(

- The restaurant is excellent. - Ein Gedi is the most beautiful place on earth to our opinion.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

Fantastic Stay and Staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We loved the location near the Dead Sea and casual atmosphere. Buffet was very tasty and Synergy Spa very relaxing. The staff were very helpful, especially when we ran into trouble starting our rental car and had to get help from Jerusalem. Special thanks to Momi for his help with the car rental company and moving us to a cool room to wait for the emergency service. My daughter recently made aliyah and we will be back when I come to visit her. Ein Gedi Kibbutz Hotel has really earned our loyalty.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

A big hotel, need a lot of walk in it without a car.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Swimming pool closed early and the zoo was locked at the gate and no staff there.

A big hotel, need a lot of walk in it without a car. The garden is so beautiful like a oasis in the desert. The facilities are a little old but clean. The body wash products are unique, recommend to buy some in the gift shop.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Worth it!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Dinner should be included in the deluxe rooms; otherwise 110 NIS for a plate of food (I don't eat much) is a bit too overboard.

Everything was very good, considering where this hotel is located - the lowest point in the world and the hottest place in the desert! Personnel was super accommodating and attentive; food - excellent varieties of organic food, unless you expect a $200 NY type of luxury diner lunch :) ; the room I had (deluxe, with a terrace/balcony) was very spacious and comfortable. Mind you, the water in the sink and shower will be hot in July :) because the pipes run through the desert! The layout was attractive. The amenities, the gardens - I loved. All in all, this is the best place in the Dead Sea area and the desert. I just came from it, in July, when the temps are deadly, and I don't regret I was there for a few days.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

good room, very clean, with comfortable bed.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

quite expensive. the swimming pool was not that clean and full of very loud people (not always guests of the hotel) smoking and playing ball (also on your head).

good room, very clean, with comfortable bed. amazing restaurant and great view on the dead sea!

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Location was fantastic.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The accomodation was basic and price was high. The price for dinner in the dining room was high as before feet was only option but the dairy cafe was reasonable and good.

Location was fantastic. The grounds were beautiful and lush. Staff was helpful and friendly. Cafe was nice .

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

I loved this place!

There was construction near our room which made it a bit noisy during the day. And, there were guests who littered these beautiful grounds. I suggest there be a fine for disrespecting the kibbutz. I would have appreciated printed information on the kibbutz with the history, numbers of people living there, crops grown and things made for sale such as the bathrobes and lotions, etc.

I loved this place! The location is mystical and the views of the Dead Sea and the surrounding mountains unbelievable. The gardens on the grounds are quite lush with cacti so large and healthy. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the food excellent.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Nice pool and resort area with great view of the deadsea and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Cafeteria for breakfast and dinner requires a shuttle. Similarly a shuttle is required to private beach. So we need to follow a fixed shuttle schedule. Beach closes early at 4pm.

Nice pool and resort area with great view of the deadsea and mountains behind. Free access to private beach.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

The best place to enjoy the wonders of the climate and the environnemental beauty of the dead sea
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very welcoming staff extremely comfortable and luxurious rooms the best place to stay in the dead sea a beautiful oasis in the desert A botanical garden surrounded by the mountains of Ein Gedi

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Comfortable room in beautiful location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Our first room had a constant loud buzz from the air conditioning. We were able to change rooms.

The hotel is in a beautiful setting with some gardens and a lovely view of the surrounding hills. Our room was very comfortable with everything we needed and a gorgeous view of the ein gedi reserve. A satisfying breakfast was included. We ate dinner at the bar off the lobby. It was chaotic at times with various people passing through, but the food (dairy) was simple and good, and the staff was attentive. There is a small market in the kibbutz--it's a bit of a hike, but nice to be able to buy a few things for the room and a picnic lunch. We did not use the spa but did enjoy the pool and the proximity to great hiking at ein gedi and Masada.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

The grounds were beautiful and well taken care of.

The grounds are sprawling, and sometimes it was difficult to find our way around.

The grounds were beautiful and well taken care of. The room (deluxe) was well appointed and roomy. The restaurant buffet provided lots of choices, and the food was good. Great location for visiting the Ein Gedi Park, Masada and the Dead Sea.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

A jewel in the wilderness.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

That I had to leave.

exquisite. A literal oasis in the desert with unbelievable botanical horticulture. Room was comfortable, staff was helpful, facilities excellent, food incomparable. Very happy customers.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

High bar for comfort and gastronomy at the lowest land elevation on earth.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

An oasis in the Judean Desert, so beautiful and peaceful in this dramatic, historical setting. And the food! Exceptional. I only wish I had planned to take advantage of the spa facilities. Next time!

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

pardise on earth
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Nothing. This place is magic

the suite was simple but the location is incredible it was very clean the restaurant offers much choice and it is the old Kibbutz dining room the people of the restaurant are very kind the swimming pool is amazing

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

go go go!peace, chill and fun!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the rooms were a bit simple but clean.

the staff, the spirit. the mix beetwen locals living in the kibboutz ans the tourist. Super chill, big pool and good food. Lot of activities. Very attypical and relaxing.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Great Location, good facilities and easy access to surrounding reserves and parks
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A bit pricey, but we are not spa people. The rooms are very simple, yet comfortable. We did arrive to a water soaked and wet floor room. A few towels later we were in bed asleep. Staff checked it out the next day- said it was the fridge.

The botanical garden setting, with plant signage, birds and interesting cats, is wonderful. The perimeter walks are morning and evening delights. There are inexpensive Egged bus rides to Ein Gedi Reserve from the Hotel - Do not get on the Eilat bound buses!!! Unless you want to go to Masada and Ein Boket. The morning Ein Gedi Reserve guide tours with Uda (sp?) were great. The bar/cafe food and draft beer are good and the staff very cheerful. The cafeteria breakfast was simple and adequate.The espresso machines were the best - fresh ground beans - NOT INSTANT!!!!!

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

so special and relaxing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I bought a broken earphone in the store and was yelled at when i tried to return it i wish it were easier to get a refund at the store!

i love the upper spa We loved the food and the cafeteria as well as the small restaurant i wish you had more books and games in the lobby!

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

The gardens
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

For the price charged (more than most five star hotels !) The room was basic with loud Aircon Dinner buffet with no coffee .. Balcony was poor with two plastic chairs . All the above are standards at every 4 star hotel and up On top they have charge extra for the spa which makes it ridicule

The gardens

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

A great experience to remember

Everything was Ok

The place is amazing and please do not Miss the explanation by the guide about the history and plants of the Kibbutz (they are from all around the world)

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Still a delightful place to stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Fridge didn’t work Such a shame the Dead Sea is shrinking so fast it’s now 1km from the spa I do wonder what will happen when the northern end of the Dead Sea is forfeit in favour of the awful hotel area of Ein Boqeq

I’ve been here many times over the years and it’s always changing, some of the older rooms are getting tired but they are doing some renovations so I’m sure they will be opening lovely new ones soon. Breakfast & dinner were excellent, the dining room has improved a lot over the years. I would highly recommend a walk around the kibbutz grounds, the plants are fabulous as are the views of the Wadi & mountains

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

A real oasis in the desert
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The appartments could be modernized a bit, the price was too high for the quality of the room itself. For the environment I found the price good the room itself would not justify the price though...

We liked the kibbutz overall very much, a real oasis and the perfect place to relax

We Price Match