Reviews of Grand Beach Hotel

250 Hayarkon Street, Tel Aviv, 63113, Israel

#94 of 125 hotels in Tel Aviv

The good and the bad
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Took us long time to check in, due to long queue with only two receptionist on that time. A woman knocked our door ( I think she is the cleaning manager) to ask us to leave with a strange face. ☹️

Location is great, closed to the beach. Breakfast was amazing with lots of food selection. Closed to the park.

Find a different hotel. We
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rude staff. Took commission off taxi drivers who in turn hiked their prices. Could not even provide us with water when we were leaving. Closed the (cheap and nasty) pool at 6pm so could only be used in full direct sunlight against government advice to use in shade. No pool bar. Stay elsewhere.

Rooms were clean.

Nice and friendly staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

You can hear the people in other rooms. Someone upset and knocked our door because our baby was crying.

Nice and friendly staff. Close to the beach and the shops and restaurants.

Very very very very very very very very bad place
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was dirty . Bugs in the room. No water pressure in the shower. Very noisy . A/c wouldn't work correctly . Got hot . Breakfast was terrible . Mostly salads and it was warm . Looks like all the food sat out for a long period

Great Service!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel and rooms would need a renovation.Very 80/90's style. The pool area could look nicer with a better decoration, some trees and else as well as the bar in the lobby. The wifi on the 10-12th floor was a bit slow.

Great Service!Staff is very attentive!I had a nice room in a quiet area as requested and they packed my breakfast for early visits. The location is great and the area is nice. You have a nice beach promenade just 2 minutes away, restaurants, shops and the beach. Convenient if you do some excursions with Tourist Israel as the pick-up is at the Hotel. Overall great value for money.

Good property at an excellent location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There is no room service at all and no 24 hour coffee shop which is a necessity for Business travellers.

I liked the location of this hotel and overall cleanliness. Breakfast was good. Staff also has been helpful & courteous.

It was ok for what we needed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel was addiquate for the week we stayed in. The only problem we had was for some reason they only had myself booked and not my wife, when I had made the reservation for the 2 of us.

Very good position and friendly staff. Nice roof terrace with swimming pool.

Needs a refurbishment

Very good position with beach across the road. Comfortable room but hotel looks a bit tired and needs an uplift. Good value for money.

Good value for money in convenient location.

Slightly dated feel.

Good value for money. Convenient location across road from the beach. Excellent breakfast with plenty of choice. Clean, decent size rooms. Roof terrace with good views and (smallish) swimming pool.

Very glad only 1 night. Would have moved out of needed to stay more.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms are tiny, the bed uncomfortable. The bathroom was tiny and old. The reception staff were pain rude and value for money this hotel is disgraceful.

The restaurant staff were friendly.

Was good for a short work visit
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The wifi was quite disruptive and very slow at times. The swimming pool times were very restrictive.

The breakfast was great and the location also. The beach is near and there are quite a good number of bars and restaurants within walking distance.

Hotel is old and needs refurbishing.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The people who make the eggs have no idea of what to do. Each egg is over cooked. Furthermore the carpet in our room was old and torn. The glass to prevent water from going all over the bathroom floor was useless.

Kitchen staff not really able to make changes on the fly. Since the hotel caters to an international crowd it would have been helpful to have signs telling the people what each item was. Some are obvious but others require some indication of what they are.

Sufficient hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was great, but the staff were very unfriendly. We were met by a doorman who was very helpful and nice, but the women at the front desk were almost rude. When I checked in the only thing the lady said to me was how much I owed, and she acted very annoyed when I asked her about breakfast, the distance to the beach, and where the closest bank was. I would have given this hotel a top rating if the ladies at the front wouldn’t have been so unfriendly.

The property was in a nice location three minutes from the beach and restaurants. It was comfortable and clean.

Convenient location, modest cost for a one night stay while taking a day tour.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel needs a major update from its circa 1970 appearance. Has good bones, but needs major updating. More seating in the lobby also needed.

Staff was helpful in providing two rooms upon our very early arrival at 7:00 am.

Just awful and expensive... no way!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel was just awful. I arrived around 11 o'clock in the evening, at the reception the guy wasn't so friendly to be honest but that is okay. After there was no bottle of water in the room so I went out to find a shop and to buy something to eat and to drink . Then I couldn't sleep until 2 am because of the neighbours, and I have been awoken at 6 am because of others neighbours who were talking during one hour via Skype with their family. Then it was the vacuum cleaner at 7:15 am, unbelievable and so on...

Very good. Would stay there again.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Disappointed that there was no indoor fitness room (I was there in Feb and it was quite rainy)

Location very convenient near the beach and on major public bus lines. Breakfast buffet was great. Free WiFi was included with the room rate - which is something I always want in a hotel.

only good thing about the place was location. nothing else.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

check in clerk was very rude to me. my card did not go through at the front desk and he offered no explanation just barked for a different card. air con in my room didnt work. didnt give me extra pillows when i asked. just not worth the money

location of the hotel was good

Good, clean, basic hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

They could turn off the Shabbat lift alarm from midnight. It kept waking me up.

Great breakfast and helpful staff. Functional hotel overall, good value for money. Nice to have a decent sized fridge in the room which saved me $$$ eating out for lunch.

Decent budget hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was mediocre - no fresh fruit salad or orange or grapefruit, hot food unattractive. Bed linen not top quality.

It's well located for beach and port. Reasonably friendly for a big hotel that seems to be catering mainly for tour groups. Decent value for money, at least in January

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No complaints. When I checked in though I was told that there was no reservations for me. I did get a room but panicked when I was told that there was no room in my name.

We got in late and went to sleep so didn't utilize the room.

Not too bad, not good
    • Superior Triple Room

During last night 2 times our room smn open with a key. No reaction from the reception, only promised to review the camera later.

Fast check in, clean, polite and attentive personnel

The window did not seal correctly and therefore we had wind...
    • Superior Triple Room

The window did not seal correctly and therefore we had wind blowing into the room. The hotel send a technician to our room, but he only put tape on it and did not fix it properly. Also, he smelled badly of alcohol and talked poorly about us in Hebrew. We went to the reception to complain and received a new room.

Comfortable and pretty good value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Only a few little things.. there is a bar in the foyer that is never manned.. so no chance to order a coffee. The breakfast was good. but it would be nice to have more fruit that is cut up etc..they only really had apples and oranges.

The facilities were clean, the breakfast was good, the staff were personable, the location was convenient - I would stay there again. Pretty good value for money considering other hotels in the area.

OK except I could not shower and so will not return until this is improved.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The disabled persons room I was allocated (I have a cane) had a shower that flooded the entire floor that made it very slippery and dangerous for me. Room was 1216 and the shower only had a light old plastic surround. This should be replaced by proper doors as in all modern showers in Israel. For fear of slipping I only used the shower once.

Very near nice beaches. Hire bikes right outside the hotel. Reasonable price for TA
    • Superior Triple Room

third bed is a sofa. Location is North Tel Aviv so a bit far from the centre. But easy bus ride ide to the centre

The extra bed is NOT a bed - it's a sofa bed. When we emailed the property to ask for 3 beds (specifically NOT a sofa) we never got a reply. Ok - maybe our fault for not following up the email but you don't expect to follow up requests for bed types. So putting a 6'2" seventeen year old boy on a sofa bed is not good and the price for 3 people did not reflect that the third one was on a sofa. So beware if 3 in a room. It has to be said that the staff couldn't do anything about this as all rooms are the same and we'd past the cancellation date. But they kindly gave us a free Friday night meal which was very much appreciated.

Good value, a central stay near the beach with a wonderful swimming pool on the trop floor.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Carpet in our room needed a bit of a clean!

The staff were very helpful and friendly. They also owned the taxi service which was situated almost next door to the hotel so there was no problem with getting a taxi. Overall, a very pleasing stay and we would recommend this hotel for the above reasons. Also right on the beach which is always a favourite

hotel for MASS tourism and NO parking facilities.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

hotel for MASS tourism and NO parking facilities. Parking places are expensive in the area. If y book in advance you you can find hotel with parking facilities or parking arrangements. Bread at breakfast is of poor quality and coffee is powder coffee of poor quality.

Disappointing for the money

Quite jaded and in need of updating.- no frills at all, not even a particularly welcoming reception lobby. Rooms very basic

It was quite near but not on beach. Lovely pillows!

not shabbat friendly
    • Business Double or Twin Room with Lounge Access

the room was dated- carpet was dirty- felt like i had to keep shoes on. This was supposed to be Shabbat friendly but the ac turned off during Shabbat, there was no place fot hot water tea and coffee during Shabbat, dirty towels were removed from our room, and not replaced. we paid extra for executive business lounge only to be told that it was for business travelers and not restocked with soft drinks or bottled water. we were told breakfast was over at 11, but at 1030 everything was cleaned up, not telling guests to take food because they were closing.

breakfast was good. food tasty. davening was easy and accessible.

A very pleasant surprise
    • Superior Triple Room

From time to time I stay in Tel Aviv but it has always been more center-meaning equa distance from Jaffa towards the south of the boardwalk and the port which is north. I was concerned that this hotel would be too far north. I was pleasantly surprised not only in it's location-excellent but in the hotel itself. I did feel the decor was a bit outdated but in good condition. There was a substantial breakfast offering every morning-fresh fruit, salad fixings, sweet cakes/croissants, eggs etc-also it was open from 6:30am-11:00am which was nice. There is a 24 hour mini market right on the corner from the hotel which is very useful as well as a bike rental station across the street. The beach is a 1 minute walk. The pool albeit small is a nice touch on the roof but it would have been nice if the bar that is there was operational. They do have chairs and beach beds as well as pool towels so that was a plus. Also, I had a car and had to park about a 5 minute walk away as the hotel doesn't offer parking. Not a big deal but an added cost. Overall I would recommend this hotel and should the need arise stay again.

Definitely coming back.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Directly opposite park leading to excellent (incl. fully wheelchair accessible) beach. Rooftop terrace with pool (open till 10 pm!) offered respite from the heat of noon. If you swim first thing and then breakfast till 11, you won't need to eat the rest of the day - the spread is overwhelming. If you have modest luggage, take train from airport to savidor station and 55 bus from there takes you practically to the hotel. otherwise take taxi from Savidor station but beware notorious TLV traffic conditions. Tip: ask for a northfacing room on a higher floor, then you can sometimes turn the aircon off (I just slept with the window open - don't try this if you have small kids who are liable to climb). Business office offered me to print for free (in the end I didn't need to, but it was a nice gesture).

Good location & excellent value
    • Business Double or Twin Room with Lounge Access

Only spoilt slightly with a payment issue caused by the hotel taking a security deposit from my credit card without my knowledge so when I went to pay the balance my credit card refused as I was at my limit. Hotel denied any knowledge of them doing this and demanded I call my credit card company. After an hour of trying to convince the hotel that they have taken the money already and it being confirmed by the credit card company, the hotel finally realised their mistake although still said they didn't do it! Anyway, just a word of warning to other guests to make sure they don't take security deposits without your knowledge!

Excellent & good value for money. Good breakfast, very clean & comfortable beds. But overall our stay was really good. The best part is Hezi the lifeguard at the pool. He is so welcoming and very helpful! Definitely recommend and will be returning.

The breakfast was delicious and sooo many choices!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bath had only a small "cover" so be careful when taking a shower or the whole floor is wet & slippery!

The breakfast was delicious and sooo many choices!! Furthermore the hotel had very helpfull staff to help you on your way with excursions or to make your stay as comfy as possible at the rooftop pool! The location was superbe, very close to the port of Tel-Aviv (lots of bars, stores, restaurants) and a few minutes walk down the coastline to have even more options. There is a citybike rental just in front of the hotel so you can easily rent one and have a bike ride along the coast (maginificent views) to visit the old city of Jaffa (was about 4kms away)

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff was not very friendly but we didn't really need assistance.

Great location. Pool was great but very crowded on the weekend (couldn't get a lounge chair).

Grand Beach Summary
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bathroom would benefit from repaint.

Good clean room; Air Con was very effective; the roof terrace and pool are ideal for lazy afternoons.... Staff and cleaners were really helpful, breakfast is extensive (true Israeli style).

Good mid range Tel Aviv hotel in excellent location in a quieter part of north Tel Aviv.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

No bar. Lunch was cancelled on the first Saturday without warning after we had enquired about it on Thursday evening

Room was spacious and very clean. Excellent lavish Israeli breakfasts. Rooftop swimming pool, which caught a cooling breeze. We were able to bring in our daughter and her family who live in Tel Aviv for Friday night meals and the hotel made no charge for our 5 and 3 year old grandsons. After an initial blip our family were allowed to access the swimming pool. Location very close to the beach, port and riverside park in a quieter part of North Tel Aviv.

Old hotel but location good, breakfast amazing, peoples are...

No car park provide.

Old hotel but location good, breakfast amazing, peoples are nice and helpful. Beside, hotel provide "FREE" international call, I never think how they could do that. Absolute recommend.

Grand with a big G - best hotel experience ever
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Some hotel guests who do not know the meaning of the word respect. Extremely loud, acting childish in the pool (grown-ups in their 20's), disturbing others also during the dinner with their rude behavior and running around at night and talking loud in the hallway so others can't sleep. But I am aware that some guests with their bad behavior is a problem most hotels have.

Best hotel experience I have ever had. The room was perfect, I hadn't booked it but got a room with a sea view. Cleaning was great. Food was absolutely delicious, both breakfast and dinner, so much to choose from. Staff was very friendly, helpful and welcoming. I felt like being at home away from home. There was also a big pool on the rooftop, a perfect way to get a tan and to enjoy relaxed environment. Around the corner there is also a supermarket, so you have all you need close-by. The beach isn't far either. Will definitely come back in the future and recommend it to everyone.

Over rated hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

You could hear everything from the room next door. A lot of noise from the street and the rooms. Remember to check the toilet paper. 2 times we did not get any from the cleaning staff

Breakfast was good. And the top pool was nice.

Tel Aviv Charmer
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Front desk staff were very helpful and insightful. Large,diverse breakfast. Location was perfect for us. Pool on top of hotel with city view. Public areas very clean.

Value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bathroom tiles need re grouting and there was the start of mould in the ceiling corner

nice clean room, bathroom had sufficient towels and toiletries, clean linen.comfy bed. Breakfast selection v good

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Reasonably priced hotel in good location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Fix the door lock properly.

Most of the staff were very helpful and friendly, including the light brown haired tall man on reception (can't remember his name) and Hemzi, one of the lifeguards. The room was clean and comfortable and we had a north facing room with some views of the beach. Breakfast was amazing - made to order fried eggs and omelettes every morning except Saturday. Fresh and dried fruit, cereals, fish, eggs, I don't know how many flavours of cheese (too many to count), salads, breads, cakes (warm and cold), pastries ... I think that's all. You could squeeze your own orange juice (very easy). The pool isn't large, maybe 10m long but it's on the rooftop with stunning views over Tel Aviv and the beach. My only negative comment is that there's a smoking area but the lifeguards didn't ask people to smoke there. Only one or 2 sat in their sunloungers to smoke so it wasn't too big a problem. Very helpful reception staff - we asked about public transport and were told where to board each bus. The housekeeping staff on our floor were good. We decided not to have our room cleaned every day but when we asked just for clean towels and extra shower gel they were happy to give us some. The hotel is a bit dated, needs a bit of tlc but it's good value for money and it's only a 5 minute walk to the nearest beach and there are plenty of independent shops nearby. Our key card door lock didn't work so they gave us a door key. They didn't seem to be in a rush to fix it so I hope it's now been fixed for the next people in the room. But they were quick in sending someone to try to sort out the problem. Check out was 12 so we asked if we could have the room a bit longer as we were leaving at 2.30. We were given till 12.45 and they stored our luggage in a locked luggage room which was only accessed with a member of staff.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Very Relaxing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No pool bar or bar on the ground floor serving at the time we were there

Best Breakfast ever- amazing sets you up for the day Free cooled water Across the road from the beach and bars

Served its purpose for a short stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Coffee shop and bar service

Basic hotel with a bit better than basic accommodation. Some staff very helpful - others short to the point of rude. Pool was great

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Good location, nice front desk, other services could be improved
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I was woken up by cleaning stuff at 8.30 without even knocking on my door before on a Friday morning... At breakfast my unfinished table was removed amd my room card taken (which I placed on purpose to make sure it is cöear I am still eating) while I went to have another coffee.

The guy at the reception was very kind and helpful.

I hope next time I will choose accomodation equal to amount of money that I pay for it.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Missing of shutle, I mentioned that I will arrive around 5am, so I couldnt get room that I reserved, instead of it they offered me less quyality and space room for same amount of money :( , reception employe was unpleasent .

Position of hotel, clean and secure.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Nice hotel serving a great breakfast.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Poor service from some staff. We asked for an early morning wake up call which was recorded by the hotel reception staff the night before. I received no apology from a staff member at the reception counter when I complained the following morning about the absence of an early morning wake up call.

Very nice generous breakfast.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

It was pleasant, and I would recommend it to others.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel has a special elevator for Jewish sabbath observers. The problems was that we never knew when it would come, what floor it was on. When it stopped at every floor going up and down, it was faster to walk the 9 floors, but this could be a problem for the elderly, disabled, or families with small children.

The food was varied, healthful, and tasty.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Really all you could ask for and great value for a TA hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Having had a problem with a hire car and a threatening car park attendant, Staf on reception made a few calls for us to help resolve the issue. Very helpful for which we are truly grateful.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Stay at the Grand Beach. You'll stay again! !
    • Business Double or Twin Room with Lounge Access

We were charged a considerable amount of money for keeping our room a few hours longer considering the hotel was not full.

Position,pool and breakfast. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Lessons in customer service required!
    • Business Double or Twin Room with Lounge Access

lack of information about hotel facilities, Where was the business centre? It was advertised, but I was not informed of the facility and no information in the rooms about the hotel facilities. I Was also asked to go and pay for my evening meal at the front desk, as initially I was not allowed to charge it back to my room, even though I had just paid over $2,600 up front for my stay! House keeping was a little hit and miss, some times the bathroom amenities were refreshed with new soap, sometimes not! Wasteful tea and coffee pack. Individual packs of tea and coffee would have been more useful, if you used the tea or coffee, it was not replaced unless you through out all the sugars and filter coffee, other wise the pack was just left and not replenished. Filtered coffee great, but no coffee plunger or equipment to use it in!

Location! Good for beach access. Roof top pool area and views.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Chen in the dining hall is very professional and very...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The sour faced waiter with the long hair in a ponytail...should learn how to be pleasant to people.

Chen in the dining hall is very professional and very helpful and pleasant...also the 2 guys at the frpnt desk...the one on Fridau morning and Saturday night are very helpful and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Good variety of foods on breakfast
    • Business Double or Twin Room with Lounge Access

Old hotel, Very small room, very small bed, horrible view from the window, no internet connection, no sleepers nor robe in the room

Good variety of foods on breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Location location.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

hotel is a bit dated. room is very small and bed even though they advertise as twin or queen , is very small as well. Dinner's choices were limited i must say.

Location location. Hotel is next to the beach. Staff very friendly and very helpful (thank you very much to the staff in the reception for their valuable help)

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Grand Beach is a friendly efficient hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I felt it was wrong to charge extra for a stay from Friday until Motsei Shabat. I believe that the Friday rate should include a stay til after Shabat, especially when one is paying half board. The hotel is not in an ideal location in terms of the beach. Since it takes longer to walk to the beach than it does from many of the other hotels ( which is very relevant in the heat!!), I believe it should offer more in other ways. ( for example the Shabat issue above) or a reduced rate for meals. Or free coffee and cake in the afternoon as Maxim offers. Also beach towels should be available at the front desk as they are in many other beach hotels.

Most important for me is that the staff were all friendly and courteous. Makes a big difference to my feeling about a hotel. Requests were met quickly. Comfortable, clean room.

Close to the beach, nice pool and near food!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Expensive and there is absolutely no parking!

Close to the beach, nice pool and near food!

It was good. Simple rooms, pool is small but the pool guy is great. Needs to be open later

Customer service - hit and miss- Pool closed at 6pm- why

Close to the beach, great restaurants

The room is ok.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The view sucks, a bit far from the beach and the WiFi never works!!!!

The room is ok.

Nice location for the beach.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff at the Hotel does not do anything to help you. Poor actitudes.

overall good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

comfort and value for money

Wifi not connecting properly.

just the location
    • Superior Triple Room

staffs are rude extremely rude. The room is too small and basic not even up to standard.

just the location

Location is amazing!

Location is amazing!

3.0
    Very bed personal

Very bed personal

The staff is the heart of each hotel and the staff in this hotel is not friendly

Staff rude

Only reason we stayed at this hotel was the 1 day tour to Petra we wanted pick up point is the loony if this hotel.

It was very good stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Mostly breakfast and location. The breakfast exceeds my expectation with a lot of varieties

Clean, spacious room but expensive!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The price was expensive for only 1 night.

The hotel seemed quite expensive, but the room was clean and quiet. I would stay here again.

No parking was a no no.

No parking was a no no. Aircon didnt work for both our rooms.

good but for only 3* hotel and not 4*
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

smell of smoke in the room, dirty carpet, no potable water in the room.

Good breakfast,

nice arrangement, OK breakfast
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

suggestion on where to have dinner was really bad. And juice at breakfast was super water-y

nice arrangement, OK breakfast

Clean, good brrakfast, hot water
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Light in room over mirrir was too bright

Clean, good brrakfast, hot water

Good location and close to the beaches, park, and promenade.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No gym; night staff are quite tired.

Value for money. Good breakfast and free doughnuts with Hanukkah.

Bad acoustic isolation between adjacent rooms

Bad acoustic isolation between adjacent rooms

Location is the best, the breakfast is nice.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location is the best, the breakfast is nice.

Decent stay in Tel Aviv