Reviews of Hashimi Hotel

Khan El Zeit St. No 73 Old City-Jerusalem, Jerusalem, 09754, Israel

#65 of 106 hotels in Jerusalem

Highly recomended , best view from room 318 , best omlet in jerusalem , perfect localisation.
    • Family Room

Best view in the city in the room 318 - 4 th floor with roof balcon where we had breakfast and dinner. Best localisation. The nice lady who prepaired the breakfast serves best omlette in Jerusalem. Breakfast is enough for a whole day of running along via dolorosa.

Hashim hotel in jerusalem

The breakfast missed the arabic coffee and might have had more variety on food.

The location (roof) was amazing and the staff/service was really really welcoming.

No alcohol either sold or allowed n hotel.

See above

No alcohol either sold or allowed n hotel. Had I known this I would have stayed elsewhere. I don’t mind that muslims have ‘no alcohol’ policy, but I get annoyed when it is foisted on me!!!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Beds were super comfortable.

Beds were super comfortable. Shower was very nice. Smaller than the regular hotel building but very clean and upscale. Terrace garden was very scenic and had excellent views of the old city. Couple hundred meters from the Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa. Excellent directions at the reception desk. In the middle of the old city. All amenities within 100 feet of the front door. Felt really relaxed and comfortable at this location.

Fantastic

All good, excep maybe the cleanlines of the market streets on the bazaar, it could be improved

The location, in the middle of the old city... market below us, as you exit the hotel stairs, you are on the bazaar streets leading to all 4 Jerusalem quarters...thanks to this hotels view, we were able to fully experience the magic of the Jerusalem city

As I reached the hotel, it turned out that I couldn’t sleep...
    • Budget Double Room

As I reached the hotel, it turned out that I couldn’t sleep in the same room with my girlfriend due to the hotel’s internal religious policy. Since no other rooms were available, I had to look for another accommodation for myself and I ended up paying double (i.e. both for Hashimi and for another hotel). I would not recommend this hotel to western unmarried couples. I would suggest to make the hotel’s terms and conditions more clear with respect to their religious policies.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

At heart of the old town, minutes from Damascus gate,...

Someone may not prefer this, but in our case it was just fulfilling spirit of Jerusalem. Our room was above one of the busy merchant streets, and at the night you may hear noice, people gathering, talking loudly...

At heart of the old town, minutes from Damascus gate, Al-Aksa, church of the Holy Sepulchre, Western wall and lot other places. Staff is kind, professional, rooms clean, roof-top balcony - unbeliavable view! :) was pleasant stay, and definitely my choice for stay if we come to Jerusalem another time. Recommend!

Very food breakfast, awesome view from rooftop...

Only thing, fridge but no coffee maker in the room.

Very food breakfast, awesome view from rooftop garden/terrace. Great friendly and helpful staff who speak English nicely and communicate well. Awesome water pressure and hot water.

Friendly and welcoming staff.

Friendly and helpful staff

Friendly and welcoming staff. Excellent hospitality during breakfast. I think it should open later though. It closed too early.

No bad, but the price does not match the experience
    • Quadruple Room

The hotel has very limited amenities and is sort of a hostel, with many restrictions such as no alcohol, since it is Muslim, and its breakfast has limited choices with Nescafe as your only coffee choice. I wouldn't mind any of that, except the price is very high for what you actually get.

Great location and friendly, helpful staff and fantastic views of the Temple Mount and Mosque

Will definitely come back

Absolutely everything. 1) Proximity to everything (Aqsa Mosque) 2) Staff were very helpful, generous and kind hosts 3) View. The view from our room and the garden was amazing 4) Breakfast was a great way to start the day 5) cooler in the lobby 6) coffee in the lobby

Not very clean, very basic room and services. Good location

Hotel room and services very, very basic. Sheets did not look very clean (blood stains) and I did not have the feeling there was much care in cleaning the room at all. The bathroom was actually never really cleaned over the 3 days (stains in the sink stayed there...). We did not have soap or shampoo on the first day. Breakfast very basic. No coffee (only instant one). All in all, not very much satisfied.

great location in Old Gerusalem, great roof view.

First and last time!!!

More options. Purer drinks (juices), better selection of fruit and bread, cheese, natural butter (not flavored), better coffee

Extremely poor breakfast with very few options and under very poor quality. I felt unwelcomed as the people in the hotel kept looking over all the time, I sill don’t know why. And I’m not a fussy eater, there’s basically nothing that I don’t eat, but I have to feel cleanliness and higiene, and I felt a bit down about it in Hashimi

It is situated right in the historic part of old Jerusalem...

We were ok with that, but just few information for you that you can possibly mind: When you come by car, the nearest parking is next the Damascus Gate. That is like 600 metres through very narrow, hilly and overcrowded streets to get to the hotel so better have a map or gps with you. Parking fees in the parking lot are not for a 24-hour day but for a calendar day, so if you park in the evening and leave in the morning, it will cost you fee for two days which is app. 130 ILS. When you are traveling like boy/girl couple just do not forget to tell at the reception that you are a married couple otherwise you will not be allowed to share the same room.

It is situated right in the historic part of old Jerusalem in the Muslim quarter so it has a great atmosphere. Everything was clean and the room was very nice. Wifi worked fast. What we liked the most was the view from the terrace. Also they serve a big breakfast and staff were very polite.

People were nice, however, I cannot

Little hot water. Breakfast was only fair Had to walk apparently 10 to 15 minutes With suitcases thru heavy walking traffic To get to and from hotel.

Splendid hotel tucked away in the Old City Muslim Quarter

Breakfast was ok but slightly limited and no one to help with our luggage.

The staff were very friendly, we initially booked for 1 night only and then extended it twice more and made It into 6 nights which they happily accommodated. The view of the old city from the roof top terrace as magic. Only a short 5 min walk to Al Aqsa sanctuary.

The stay was wonderful, but Sal Eh, did not show up when he offered to help with our luggage

It is not readily accessible to trAnsportation . You have to be dropped off at the Damascus gate and walk your way into to hotel via narrow street roads of Old Jerusalem . Very inconvenient if you have a big luggage and hand carry . The check in counter is on level 1 ( above street level ) req. you to go up several steps/ stairs with your heavy luggage . Our ride back to the airport was not convenient carrying our luggage back to Damascus gate where taxi is parked . The driver picked us up at the hotel but i have to beg for him to help us with our luggages . He was not as helpful as i would have expected .

Very close to the holy sites esp. the Holy Sepulcher that i wanted to visit again . The 4th floor has a fsntastic view if Jerusalem anytime of the day. Kerry /Cary at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

Staff amazing

Shower a little difficult very easy to flood bathroom and toilet placed too close to shower not very practical Also they say you can pay by visa however they really want cash

Location fabulous

Location is good, but the stuff was not client oriented

Room wasn't ready at our arrival time. We could accommodate in our room only at the 20.00, so we had to wait about 5 hours. After that, we noticed our rom wasn't enough clean, blankets were dirty.

The location is excellent, at the heart of the old city. The rooftop view is wonderful. A/C is normal. The breakfast wasn't excellent.

Inside of the old city, immersive experience!

Inside of the old city, cannot drive there. Getting luggage there was difficult. I wish this was mentioned before booking, pack light!! They need new mattresses and pillows. My sheets were stained so I requested new ones and didn’t want to wait for someone to change them; I did it myself. The mattress was super old and stained, as was the pillow. In my room two outlets were placed right behind the top of the headboard, which is fixed to the wall, making them completely unusable.

Inside of the old city, immersive experience! Staff was extremely helpful and nice. Centrally located. Everyone speaks english, no communication issues.

Friendly, helpful staff.

No toilet paper in the bedrooms. This is not so much a problem for me, but for some it may: alcohol is not permitted in the hotel

Friendly, helpful staff. Superb location. Ideal location to stay in when visiting Jerusalem. The view from the roof is incredible

Our melting pot adventure in the Old City

We appreciate that we stayed during Ramadan however there is no excuse for families with children in the hotel to be making noise past midnight; consideration should be given to all guests irrespective of religion. The timing and provision of breakfast was confusing; on the one hand we were told there was no breakfast being served during Ramadan while we also heard we could come down at 3 or 4am to have breakfast. As such we never did have breakfast in the hotel. Some of the other staff were less friendly or enthusiastic towards us. We felt we were being tolerated.

We loved the location, right in the heart of the Old City. And we loved the view from the fourth floor, magnificent. We loved the complimentary coffee at reception and loved how our room was cleaned every day during our stay. We loved the helpfulness and patience of the lady at reception when we arrived.

Nice place, clean. But discriminating in the way they run their hotel.

I am an atheist booking a hotel with breakfast in Jerusalem. I know this is a hotel run by muslims and I am fine with people having their superstitions- being muslim, christian, Jewish or any other religion- all respected by me to a certain degree. But it is problematic the moment you enter the hotel and is informed that unmarried can not share a room or that alcohol is forbidden. Further- it is not my duty as a customer to know that it is ramandan and that the hotel will not provide me with the breakfast I have payed for. I believe booking.com should state very clear in their site that this is a conservative, religious hotel that will treat some customers better than others. I do not agree with discrimination and am disappointed that we did not have the information needed to choose not to support a hotel run in a way that makes some people superior to others.

Nice room, friendly people working there in general. In the middle of old town. Special thanks to a very friendly person who seemed to be in charge of the cleaning personnel.

Very clean on the good place

I got room on the checking level. Beside is coffee space, the door of room is thiny, so I can hear every social meeting in front of.

The main advantage is great location, come on, You are in the old town. Also, beside of noise in my room, You have all day coffee or tea. On the roof of hotel you have city view on Muslim quarter. Hotel is in Muslim quarter, and if You don't, familiar with it, then is not for You - it very busy when You come out of hotel.

Pleasant, informative, kind, supportive, friendly

The shower rose could b better! But really it’s a first world problem! Loved the rooftop

They were welcoming, accommodating, like being in someone’s home!

Wonderful view in the old city of Jerusalem

I was very surprised that I could pay the hotel only in cash. NO CREDIT CARDS ALLOWED even though in the confirmation it was written that you can pay with credit card The WiFi in the room was bad No umarried couple in one room allowed The bedlines were not very clean

Perfect location inside the city gate Wonderful view over the old town The room is nice and bathroom is very good The staff was nice and friendly

Great food, good location, nice staff

The roof terrace has stunning views, and all the staff from the delicious breakfast to the front desk were very friendly. The hotel has a nice authentic yet modern feel to it. My only slight criticism is that room 301 where I was is right under the roof terrace and you can hear the amplified scraping of chairs and banging up there at all hours. I'd recommend management actually try it for themselves. Otherwise fantastic, thank you!

Excellent location

Miss the extra facilities they used to have for guests, such as the microwave and the guest fridge, so we could store food for children and heat up food.

Loved the food!! Especially the Maqloobah and the Pizza and chicken wings!!!!

The view on the roof was amazing, you can enjoy the...

It is not a place fit for driving, we parked our car at Damascus Gate and then walked in. It is the nearest and most convenient entrance, better to marked in the welcome letter.

The view on the roof was amazing, you can enjoy the breakfast in the morning and coffee in the sunset there. Elevator is very helpful though there is a steep stair before you reach the reception. The bathroom is better than expectation and breakfast is good.

Not good. Location was nice. Breakfast was so so.

The check-in time is listed at 13.30. We got the room at 17.00. It was not clean, there were hairs on floor and in the beds. When I turned on the shower water started to pour from bathroom floor flooding it, so we couldn´t take a shower. They said they would send someone to fix it but nobody came. Also we had no towels and phone did not work so we couldn´t call reception. Had to go downstairs each time. Another thing, it says they have parking. There is no parking. When I asked for a discount he handed me like 6 $.

Not much that I liked. Except the view from rooftop.

Unexpected disappointment. Don't go there unless you are really desperate....
    • Quadruple Room

Card payments are impossible. Cash only. Located in the middle of arabic market which is very noisy but makes a lot of logistics problems. Getting to the hotel through crowded streets is a pain (parking is far away btw).But the worst thing is the hotel. Room was unfinished and not cleaned for a weeks. Before going to bed we had found huge stain on "clean" sheet ! View from window ? Roofs which hotel neighbours treats as trash can (for a years!). Very thin walls. We couldn't sleep because of noise from the lobby. We had to leave hotel after one night, and of course we did not get money back. Location of the hotel is not a plus. It is better to rent something in other part of Old Town or better - outside Old Town. I've been to many hotels around the world. But this one I consider as worst one ! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING THERE !!! P.S. View from terrace is highly overrated ! See my pictures

lobby

If you are on a budget, but want to stay in the old city center, this is the place to be.

View out of the window basically not existent (cluttered backyard), orange / lemon juices served at breakfast were not good.

Amazing rooftop terrace (!!!), comparatively large room and bed, helpful staff, low price. I have to repeat: the view from the rooftop terrace is simply breathtaking and by itself a good reason to book this hotel.

Female staff is very friendly and kind.

Sheets weren’t changed everyday.(I don’t know it’s normal in here)

Female staff is very friendly and kind. Location is good to access to sightseeing places.

Great location but nightly muezzin call was torture

The water pressure in the shower was poor and it took ages to heat up plus showerhead didnt have any force. Also, note, curtains don’t block the light enough and muezzin call woke us up every night at 4am- absolute torture!

Location is amazing. Very clean and comfortable hotel with good breakfast.

Construction works in the Hotel at night so very noisy.

Construction works in the Hotel at night so very noisy. Just one bed table for two beds, poor beds, no cupboard, just one electricity plug for the whole room, AC wasn't working. The receptionnist didn't understand our complaints and we couldn't cancel our further night. Avoid this Hotel.

Something different

Loved being in the Old City amongst the markets. The view from the rooftoo is spectacular with the Mt of Olives clearly visible. Staff were very friendly and supportive. Breakfast was filling and the tea and coffee corner on the office floor is a welcomed addition. Loved this place. When entering the Old City, it is quicker to go through the Damascus Gate to reach this property with less than a 15 min walk.

Very well located.

Very noisy guests. They should isolate the rooms much better.

Very well located. They offer free coffee and mint tea anytime you want. Great view from the terrace.

The hotel is really nice, clean and in the middle of the old Jerusalem city.

When you book a room for two people, Booking doesn't indicate that one of the most important rule of the hotel is that a couple can not be hosted in a single room if this is not married. This can affort some troubles during the check-in.

the stay was ok,

but the room was very small and parking was expensive and far away

the people who worked there are nice, but the room was very small and parking was expensive

Great location and personnel, nice building and amazing view from terrace.

Would have loved a restaurant in the hotel although the one next to it was very good. A little noisy.

Lovely terrace view, nice helpful personnel; right in the heart of the old city close to all sights.

excellent location in the old city, staff very very helpful,...

room quite small, noise from the suq

excellent location in the old city, staff very very helpful, rooftop with impressive view of the dome of the rock; good breakfast

Perfect rooftop lounge area, rooms-ok, crowded arabic district around

I didn't like the arabic area around, the room was small and no chair, table. Broken door in the shower

I liked the beautiful rooftop, unlimited tea with mint and that the hotel was just in the very city center, really close to the main church!!! The breakfast was ok. The internet was also ok. The hotel was safe, and the staff recommended me a good place for lunch nearby. In general this place is worth choosing, just to be ready for the district

This hotel ruined my Easter experience.

As I arrived in front of this hotel, I had to wait at the door in order for someone to buzz me in and open the door. A lot of stairs later (very inconvenient for those with baby strollers, heavy bags, bad knees, wheelchairs or super tired as I was), I arrived at the lobby and a strong smell (of all the Middle East spices and sweat combined) made me want to turn back. As I was too tired, I endured and tried to process the check in, but the front desk clerk said I should pay him with cash. As I knew that my purchase was already in pending through Booking.com, I refused to also bring him the cash. Unfortunately, none of this was mentioned anywhere during the reservation process. The local police advised me to not bring him any cash. I left this shady hotel and never turned back. I lost the money (as the reservation was non-refundable) and I went somewhere else, which costed me an additional $300, because trying to find a hotel room at 10 P.M. on Easter night in Jerusalem was more than the most stressful task of the week. This hotel and their greed for money ruined my Easter experience and I will never go back again!

I booked this hotel because I liked the fact that it was in the Old City and decently close to the Holy Sepulcher, especially since going to a midnight mass at the Holy Sepulcher (the goal of my trip) would`ve required a close-by location. It`s by the 7th Station on the Via Dolorosa, (in the Muslim Quarter), so it could be a convenient location for those wanting to walk the Via Dolorosa, as it is right in the middle of it.

Excellent rooftop terrace, clean rooms.

The only thing we did not like, was the fact that the hotel claimed our credit cards could nog get accepted. Which we did not think was true. The guest who was checking in just before us, seemed to have the same problem and she said her cards were working perfectly fine on other places. We had the impression the just wanted to get payed cash. But we could be wrong ofcourse :)

The rooftop terrace is amazing, the view is probably one of the best in the omd city. Clean room, cosy beds, excellent location.

Great Palestinian Hotel with a breathtaking view.

Friendly staff and a great location inside the old city. I travelled with my elderly father and therefore the first flight of steps to the reception was a little bit of a struggle, also the walk to Masjid al Aqsa is around 12 minutes walk. The view from the Rooftop is breathtaking, so if you're looking for a great Palestinian hotel, go for this one!

Great location right in the heart of the old city of Jerusalem, staff are excellent- great hotel
    • Quadruple Room

Our quadruple room was right next to reception and could be quite noisy at night

Staff are very friendly and helpful, good breakfast selection and ommelettes can be made to order with no extra charge. Great location.the roof provides a panaoramic view of Jerusalem which is spectacular at night- so peaceful. You can get tea and coffee 24/7 and take it up to the roof if you wish.

No way for not married couples, not recommended for not-Muslims either

It appeared they do not allow not married couples to live in same room. In 21st century. This should be banned from booking or have HUGE alert about this. Had to book another room in the hostel nearby. Theee was no hot water.

Nice view from the rooftop.

The people are very helpful

Cars and Taxis doesn’t get infront of the Hotel, long way to walk to the hotel with siute cases in a very busy Market and when you finally get to the Hotel Long stairs go up no elevator.

The hotel needs to improve wifi access to the 4th floor rooms. We would have preferred a different t

We returned for one more night after a previous stay. We were given a rooftop room on the 4th floor. The door was noisy to open, close or lock. The shower flooded the bathroom floor. The wifi wouldn't connect from the room (even the rooftop connection). Instead, we had to leave the room to sit on the roof patio.

Love the location and overall facilities.

We loved staying here and would like to have stayed longer.

The breakfast room needs a new toaster.

Loved the location (in the Muslim Qtr of the Old City). The view from the rooftop terrace is spectacular. The hotel kept our luggage when we left for one night to travel across Israel.

It's ok, but could've been better for the price.

It's kind of hard to get to the hotel with luggage since no cars are allowed to get near. It was kind of scary walking nearby at night. We had no soap nor towels in our room.

Big room with two queen/king-size beds. Great terrace and a good view from the bedroom too. 24/7 tea and coffee available in the lobby.

Stay only if you want to stay in the heart of the old Jerusalem and have no car!

There was moldy smell in my room, attention to detail was poor, walls are thin so you will hear everything! My friends room was noisy but my room was in the corner so it was relatively quiet!

The beds were comfortable, staff was good and location was good if you are looking to stay in the heart of old Jerusalem

Overall an enjoyable stay but more info on location and payment would have been helpful.

Hashmi had changed to new booking system which did not have our booking and didn't know we were expected so had to share room with my friend for 1st night. We were asked to pay accommodation in cash which would have been helpful to have prepared for this prior to going to avoid hefty bank charges via ATM. Also would have been good to know about flight of about 20 steps to access hotel from street as my mobility not the best and hadn't realised hotel accessed off very busy narrow 'street'. Some work ongoing in hotel at this time.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. View from roof terrace fab. Most of hotel very visual with Arabic decor Place very clean. Breakfast and meals good and I liked the idea of everyone having same to eat at evening meals.

It was awful

Room was dirty and without windows. Photos of the room did not correspond to reality. There is mold on walls. The hall was very noisy and everything is heard in the room. you can hear everything that happens in the hotel from the first to the third floor. I could not sleep. this is the most horrible hotel. I do not advise anyone.

Great location but not worth the rate that we paid

There wasn't anywhere in the room to hang our clothes except for a few hooks and hangers. There was no chair or desk to put our belongings on so ours were left in our bags. When we raised this issue the staff offered to put a cupboard in our room but we declined as we were leaving the next day.

The view from the rooftop terrace is excellent and the lobby is nice to relax in and have tea or coffee.

Great hotel in the centre of the old city

Great hotel. My wife and our 3 year old daughter stayed at the hotel for one night. The lady at reception was wonderful and friendly. the rooms were nice and beds comfy. the location is exceptional. right in the centre of the old city.

Enjoyed being in the heart of the Arabic quarter!

We didn’t have hot water and it took time to get it fixed (1 day), they have 2 hair dryers for the entire hotel and the lights blew for the entire room, but it got resolved faster!

Great location and good breakfast! Also tea in the lobby was wonderful

Nice old city views from a spacious terrace and very fast...

in the short, the single room was terrible place to be, more like a bathroom remodeled into a tiny single room: very cold room with high levels of humidity, no possibility to adjust the temperature mould on window frames no sound proofing no table, no chair very little water pressure in the shower cleaners will try to enter a room without waiting for your answer and way before a checkout time

Nice old city views from a spacious terrace and very fast Wi-Fi

Breakfast is $5, no hair dryer or iron available,, bring your own if possible.

The roof top is not done a lot of bugs around it, tables and chairs are dirty. The workers looked like they were working and not doing anything.

The rooms were cleaned as expected. Kari at the front desk is great easy to talk to pleasant and knowledgeable.

Room was excellent, location is perfect if you want to...

24h reception service is not working properly and you do not have a key from the front door. Be careful if you want to exit somewhere at night.

Room was excellent, location is perfect if you want to explore the old city and the view from the terrace is amazing.

I'll definitely be staying here in my next trip

If it's a full house. You may not get enough hot water to shower.

Excellent location close to everything. The staff were incredible and very accommodating. The rooms were quite warm despite 3 degree weather outside.. The breakfast was fantastic as well. I really enjoyed my stay

1. Easy walk to all historic sites

1. There is no access by car to the hotel. You must therefore bring/drag your luggage from Damascus Gate to the hotel. This is not that easy given the uneven cobbly alleyways. The hotel should email all customers beforehand so they can prepare especially as many people arrive late in the evening when most of the old city is dark and deserted. 2. There is no fridge in room which is not a problem in the winter but will be an issue in the summer. Moreover, there is no room service nor full-time restaurant. 3. Breakfast service starts at 7 but finishes at 9am which is too early. Most if not all hotels have a breakfast service running at least till 10am. 4. Room size is not great which is okay for a single traveller but not otherwise. 5. The hotel expects you to pay in cash. This being the case they should email all customers in advance of their arrival. They do accept Euros/Dollars. 6. The hotel reception is on the first floor which means you have to carry luggage up one flight of stairs. This is particularly frustrating given that you have had to drag your luggage all the way from Damascus gate.

1. Easy walk to all historic sites 2. Hotel appears to have been recently fully renovated 3. Priceless views from rooftop terrace 4. Very clean throughout.

The staff were very helpful and the location was great
    • Family Room

We stayed during thr winter and the water stayed cold. But if you kuje cold showers then you're good to go!

The staff were very helpful and the location was great

Do not book this Hotel

I had really big issues in this hotel. I did pay the Hotel in cash at the reception desk (on request of desk personal). Still they did charge my credit card ( credit card information only to garantee the booking) and did reject to refund any money. So at the end they made me pay twice...literally double the amount. So you should be very careful if you do your booking here.

Proprete impecable, localisation

Welcome from the office man very poor, no explanation of anything, just a question: how do you want to pay? And directly his answer, we accept only cash. Cash is off course extremely not convenient especially for large sum

Proprete impecable, localisation

Awesome location, in the center of the old city.

Breakfast was poor. Staff did not have a printer sobI could not print the boarding pass. Too noisy from 6am onwards

Awesome location, in the center of the old city. Good value for money, small but nice room. Helpful staff. Awesome view from the top floor

Overpriced
    • Quadruple Room

Room overpriced tiny bath room had to shower practically out of shower wash basin tiny totally different from pictures when we queried we were told that upgraded rooms were reserved for people who booked directly with the hotel,this was a disappointment because the room was reserved more then 6 months earlier with booking. com. I feel that because of the location and proximity to Al Aqsa people accept the situation and do not complain and are therefore taken advantage of

Great time in Jerusalem.
    • Quadruple Room

Brekfast could be a bit longer (up to 10 o'clock).

Very helpful and friendly staff. Great thing is possibility to make coffe or tea any time. Spectacular view from rooftop in the hotel and perfect location.

It was short and no variety of food to select

The lady receptionist was very friendly and polite but the man ? Owner /relatives was very rude even not smiling not answering the Salam The person who cleaned the room was very nice and polite

I liked the location near masjid Aqsa

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Has the best view in the old Jerusalem
    • Quadruple Room

Rooms are small, and you have to wait for a while to get the hot water.

Hotel is in the Muslim quarter and has an amazing view of Jerusalem on the rooftop. The location is very near to the Via Dolorosa and other holy places. Breakfast is super, the staff is helpful and polite plus the wi-fi connection is really good. If I go Jerusalem again I would definitely stay there.

Super

For an european it`s hard to understand why a men and a woman can`t sleep in the same room even though they are not married...for me it was not a problem because i was travelling alone.... generally speaking.

Generally all was ok

Temple view from the room
    • Quadruple Room

Did not know until we checked in that cash payment would be requested.

Unbelievable view of the Dome of the Rock from our room as well as the 4th floor rooftop garden. Incredible sunrise feom the privacy of our room. Full breakfast included made to order omelets.

Awesome experience!

Carrying my luggage from the hotel to Damascus gate was difficult, it will help a lot to have some assistance in case of a physically challenged individual or an elderly person.

The staff were very pleasant. The fresh omlett was prepared in front of my eyes and honestly was very tasty.. the view from the roof top was magical.

Very nice staff, great location - close to all important...

4-person room at lobby level was a bit noisy

Very nice staff, great location - close to all important sites, very tasty regional breakfast, amazing view from the rooftop.

Perfect location for exploring Jerusalem old city
    • Quadruple Room

No breakfast served. The taxi let you off at Damascus gate, and you must walk 500m to the hotel. It was easy to find it, but we weren't prepared for it (a kid and a lot of luggage), and it was a bit scary to dive into the world of Aladdin without nothing else than some direction.

Clare (originally from the States) -working in the reception, very nice and helpful. Clean room. Fantastic view from the rooftop.

Browse Hashimi Hotel traveller photo gallery