Reviews of Jerusalem Inn by Smart Hotels

7 Horkanos Street, Jerusalem, 94235, Israel

#81 of 111 hotels in Jerusalem

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Great location, friendly staff and value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was very dirty and really could do with a good clean or re-fit.

Comfortable twin room / apartment on the Roof of the Hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location and only a few minutes walk from the Old Town. Plenty of choice at Breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Would happily return
    • Double or Twin Room

The location was good close to old city at an affordable rice the breakfast was very acceptable was a bit noisy but that does remind you that your still alive

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Close to the old town, safe area, very good breakfast, nice...
    • Double or Twin Room

Noisy place, there are bars next door, you might need earplugs during the night, carpet in the room is old and dirty, single rooms are very small, but with balcony

Close to the old town, safe area, very good breakfast, nice staff, single rooms with balcony

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

reasonably priced room for basic hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

There is no lift- but staff offered to help with the suitcase. TV was not working properly and so was not the phone. The shower and sink are inside the room which is a bit not nice to look at. The room I had overlooked a pub that was open late with loud music so you couldn't sleep with open windows

the staff was very helpful and poilte. The room was a good size. The location is very central.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Noise outside the hotel from a local bar, weird design for...
    • Double or Twin Room

Noise outside the hotel from a local bar, weird design for the hotel room. the small balcony had no privacy and felt like we are on the streets. Felt like an hostel/guesthouse from the inside, looked like an hotel from the outside.

Location is excellent.
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is excellent... 10 minutes walk to Old City. Transportation is so good, we took a local bus to shopping center. Mahanch Yehuda Market is not too far from the Inn, highly recommend, good food and good shopping.

High standard, great value

Parking is a bit tricky, but it's not the hotel's fault.

spacious, newly decorated, clean room. The hotel is directly in the city center with lots of restaurants and stores very close by. The new gate to the old city is very short walking diatance away. The breakfast is decent.

The location is very good and central, everything reachable...
    • Double or Twin Room

The first room we got was small, dirty, old and smelling like humidity. Far from the pictures you can see on Booking. After raising the issue we were given a much better and newer room. However, it was also far from clean.

The location is very good and central, everything reachable within walking distance and with plenty of restaurants close by. The afternoon-night receptionist was very helpful giving us really good tips for restaurants and bars.

The location is what makes this place amazing!
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room smelled moldy unfortunately. It was clean, but pretty worn down. Location and breakfast makes it still worth it. Unfortunately no parking to it which made us spend quite some time having to look for one.

The location is what makes this place amazing!

The check in was smooth and early, it is very clean and very...
    • Double or Twin Room

The check in was smooth and early, it is very clean and very well situated. There is a tea pot, tea bags, coffee, sugar and all you need for a calm morning. And also great WIFI.

I had a lovely time - thank you. I loved my stay in Jerusalem/Palestine/Israel.
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn't like that I drenched the carpet accidentally by not having the shower curtain across (my fault). The room is modest in size but very convenient - perfect for my needs! I did my best to mop up the water and dry the towels afterwards, but the staff came in when I had nipped out and fixed it all up for me. Oops and thank you! The one thing I didn't like was how arrogant some of the patrons were towards staff members, speaking to them like slaves. They were very gracious and patient with those customers. I'm not so sure I would have been. They deserved to be treated with more respect than I witnessed.

The food was absolutely delicious, great coffee and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The lovely young Palestinian man (Mohammed?) was so kind and got my room ready earlier as it fortunately became available! I appreciated the diversity of staff and warmth of the workers. It was a wonderful stay. I personally didn't mind the Eastern music downstairs as it added to the ambience and it was easy to close the door and shut out the sound if I had wanted to.

Very good location a few metres from the main street.

No parking lot included

Very good location a few metres from the main street. There is no parking lot included in the price! So we paid 200/one day at the nearby parking lot- parking is pretty expensive in Jerusalem. The room was clean, everything ok.

Regretful.
    • Double or Twin Room

Extremely noisy from all directions - There is a bar under the property which is open until the early hours of the morning. There is no soundproofing on the windows. The walls are paper thin so you can hear everything in the next room. The doors are also not soundproofed and so you hear everything in the corridors including staff shouting at each other early in the morning. We did not get to sleep until after 3 am and were woken at just before 7 am. The room itself is very small with a toilet and shower cubicle in the room rather than a separate bathroom. The shower was broken. It's good we didn't have to spend more than one night here. The breakfast was fine even though there was no hot milk to make a cappuccino.

The location is central.

I liked that breakfast was included.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel doesn't have an elevator. It makes difficult to bring the heavy luggage to the rooms in the upper floors. But at the same time is good to have to use the stairs, as a required and helpful exercise for everyone.

I liked that breakfast was included. I wanted to stay one more night there, but the hotel was sold out!

Location, decent breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was not prepared for my arrival, The TV remote did not work, the refrigerator did not work either (both were fixed after my request). The used coffee packages in the room were not replaced - I was told that this is the hotel policy

Location, decent breakfast

Very good hotel to stay

The small room size

I booked a double room.Shi was little bit small,but cozy.The hotel offers a very good breakfast. I liked thе location-very close to downtown ,light rain and walking dictance to the Old City. The hotel is situated in a quiet and pleasant place.

Not staying there again.
    • Double or Twin Room

small room and no elevator.

Our room (103) was small and shower leaked water to the room. Next door restaurants parties can go on until 3/4 am and very noisy in our room as well.... We happened to be in there during a long weekend. Breakfast was adequate and cappuccino machine was not working....

The balcony was not cleaned once in our 10 day stay and was...
    • Double or Twin Room

The balcony was not cleaned once in our 10 day stay and was a rousting spot for birds!!!!! Need I say more??? Otherwise a good place to stay. Nice breakfast and a water station. Conveniently located by a 24 hour supermarket.

Dirty and run down
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was so dirty and run down! I've never complained about the cleanliness of a room before but this was disgusting. The bathroom was so dirty and the carpet. There was mould growing all over the ceiling. Completely different to the photos online. The man at reception is a heavy smoker so the whole place smells like cigarettes. I really wouldn't stay here.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location and the breakfast.

Right place for me
    • Double or Twin Room

Just one minor comment....all the furniture in the roof garden was uncomfortable- needed cushions

Good location for Jaffa gate 15 min walk. Clean and efficient hotel for my two week stay.

Good value for money.

The room we've got was right behind the reception, on the first floor - it was very noisy, you can hear the stuff speaking, phone ringing, and all that in addition to night pub outside.. There was no sop at the bathroom, nor at the shower. The TV controller has volume button broken.

The location. Breakfast was very good, stuff friendly.

Very hospitable and professional staff.

I read references before my stay and I did not expect much from that hotel but I did not expect that it would 'exceed' all my expectations. This hotel is more hostel, very little rooms with shabby furniture. I was alone in the double supreme room and it was to small even for one person. Very dirty, cheap bed linen and I had all evidences that they did not change it for new guests. Cockroach in the bathroom. But the most terrible thing is noise. There are a lot of bars and nightclubs near it and sound insulation is so poor that you stay all night 'in the club' without sleeping at all. For all these 'advantages' I paid the same price as I'd pay for the 4-star hotel in Europe without any claims. I was in Jerusalem 3d time and I strongly recommend to find something else.

Very hospitable and professional staff. Special thank you for the manager - Naser who did all possible for my calm stay in the hotel and to give impression that I stayed in the good hotel. Breakfast is good and location is great just 7 minutes of walk from old city and for Russians - just 2 minutes from our church and mission.

6.0
    Nice hotel, great breakfast, good price, close to downtown and lots of fun.

The room was cramped and the shower was a bit of a nightmare. There were no towel racks and the actual shower design was functionally undesirable and got water all over the floor.

We like the location. It was very close to downtown, the light rail train, and walking distance to the Holy City. The breakfast was fantastic for such a small hotel.

Perfect location
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom of top floor’s twin room is horrible. Tiles, bath are full of dust and mould is everywhere. It was indeed disgusting. Twin beds are really tiny, however it was mentioned in description.

I have booked 2 rooms, one double and one twin. Double room was OK, though could be more maintained. Twin room was the only room on top floor, accessing from rooftop terrace. The terrace itself is amazaing, however there were a lot of pigeons, and pigeon shit. The room was rather a small apartment with a small kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. Bedroom was OK, though a bit outdated, and cleanliness was not the best. Nassar, the reception manager is super kind and helpful. Breakfast room is very nice, and breakfast was tasty. Excellent location. Walking distance to all major sights.

Good location, very small room, mixed staff experience
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was very small. Couldn't fit my open suitcase and use a restroom at the same time. When I checked in the manager allowed my late checkout at 2pm. However, on the day of departure, I've been given a hard time when I checked out after 1pm. Also, the towels were removed from my room before 1pm. The hotel is located close to a very loud party place. Couldn't sleep till 4am during the first night.

Location of the property.

Well located, great breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Showers are super dirty (fungus?) at the bottom corners!!

Breakfast is one of the best that I have had in a hotel, of course, is local cuisine. People at the front desk are super nice and will help you to organize your tours. They will take care of everything for you. Rooms are nice, clean. Hotel is located by the tram, in an area full of restaurants, bars. however it is NOT noisy. Slept like a baby

I could not ask for more, if you are going to Jerusalem you should definitely stay here!
    • Double or Twin Room

Amazing location, the staff always ready to help and the breakfast also tasty. The bedroom price is a little expensive, but you should not forget that you are in Jerusalem and we went in the high season (even so the hotel made us an room upgrade because they notice that I was travelling with my parents). I could not ask for more, highly recommend Jerusalem Inn!

Very good location

Although we were in the second floor, the noice from the streets it was very loud. Also the inside noice from workers from 6:00 am. Very simple breakfast . No elevator for the up floors. They need to fix a parking fee with the nearest parking a. We gave so much money for parking almost the same as the room

Very good location

Very good location for very good price
    • Double or Twin Room

- Noisy environment of bars in the surrounding (rooms are not very soundproof) - Area below bed is not clean and no ventilation within bathroom - Beds of standard rooms are not very comfortable and rooms are very small

- Very close to modern city center of Jerusalem (including public transport like bus or tram stop) - 10 min walk from Old city of Jerusalem - We gained a free upgrade for 3 rooms from standard to superior, very good and friendly service and manager! - Good breakfast and friendly service - Space and beds of superior rooms are very good

Hotel with good location
    • Double or Twin Room

WiFi occasionally disappeared. There is no lift - keep in mention.

A very good location to the Jaffa gate-15 min, though our navigator didn't show correct way till end. Good breakfast where vegetables were on choose which I appreciated. Tasteful coffee 😀 The staff is helpful, with humor.

breakfast is excellent
    • Double or Twin Room

rooms are noisy at night because there are bars and restaurants just under the hotel windows. We asked to change the room and the staff was very helpful. the room was not cleaned one day

breakfast is excellent

Recommended in Jerusalem
    • Double or Twin Room

Our bathroom needs some maintenance, it was not possible to close the window completely and there were a few ants walking on the walls, but to be honest both did not bother us and we didnt comlain about them. The carpets in the rooms need to be changed soon. I have to tell that Jerusalem is not a place to stay in the hotel room so a comfortable bed is quite enough.

Jerusalem Inn is a good reasonably priced alternative in Jerusalem where the hotels are all ridiculously expensive (compared to what they deliver). The location is very good as you can walk to the old city in 10 mins or can take the closeby tram. The breakfast is really tasty and sufficient. Our AC was working fine and we had a window. Our bathroom was not very new but clean. Above all I have to thank the reception manager who is genuinely interested in your comfort, same applies for the ladies in the restaurant during the breakfast. There's also a nice terras where you can hang out with your drink. I can certainly recommend Jerusalem Inn.

Very accommodating.
    • Double or Twin Room

Housekeeping came after about 4 days and they only folded some blankets on the bed. Not sure why they were in my room to do just that.Felt a little creepy. Also, a man from the hotel knocked one morning and before I actually woke up, he came in.

Very accommodating. Was clostrofobic in the initial room and they gave me a larger room for the same price. Manager was very nice. He really put an effort to make me happy.

Fine and we would stay there again as it was good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

It would have been better if the room was cleaned every day ie carpet vacuumed etc

Staff were great; towels etc changed every day, kettle, tea and coffee in room & breakfast good.

In general extremely good.
    • Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately cleaning in our room wasn't done properly. The bathroom has potential to be great but without cleaning it looks terrible and it's very sad, because we loved everything in this hotel. Also space underneath the bed was covered with dust, rubbish and chewing gums.

Amazing brakfasts! Super close to the old town and to the city center. Friendly staff. Very nice and cosy room with comfortable bed and pillows.

Rooms situated to the street are too noisy (music until 3a.m.) friendly staff, Tasty breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Tasty breakfast, friendly staff, good location to the old city. Parking nearby in mammila mall.good Choice for short stay.take rooms not situated to the noisy bar.

Great location right near City Center
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was large and clean; hotel is conveniently located to City Center and Old City. Had nice amenities such as a fridge and hot water kettle for coffee/tea. Breakfast the next morning offered a very generous spread with great cappuccino and nice selection of teas. Nassar was amenable to extending our staying an extra hour so we could finish running our errands nearby. Note: our room has a small step up to the bathroom. Not sure if all rooms are set up this way, but be VERY careful going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Location is excellent, from the Old city is 10 mins walk.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast provides minimum food. Room was cold.

Location is excellent, from the Old city is 10 mins walk. Reception helps with booking of transfers to the airport. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful

Perfect location, nice staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast consists mostly of salads - we'd prefer to have a better chiose of warm meals. From the room you can hear all your neighbors - in our case it wasn't that loud, but depends on neighbors. We'd also prefer to have at least one plate in the room - now in case you need it, you have to go to the reception and ask for it. WiFi signal was quite weak, especially in the hours when everybody returns to the hotel, so that it was problematic even to check email.

The hotel staff was very helpful - always told us about best way to get to the places we needed, explained the percularities about parking (the hotel does not have private parking, just public parking places nearby), helped to order a taxi to the airport and was nice to us. The room was quite big - bigger than we expected and nicely furnished. It was clean and had fridge, kettle and some cups. The location is just perfect - you can reach all the sites in the city by foot, but the very street where the hotel is located is quiet, you can't hear traffic or people from nearby restaurants.

Very central hotel, good value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was not actually cleaned during our stay. The staff made the beds and gave us new towels, but that's it. It's no big deal, but we had to ask for tea/coffee to be replenished and clean the cups ourselves. Also, the room was not vacuumed during our stay. There is no heating in bathrooms.

The breakfast and the service during breakfast were really nice. We also liked the location, the tram and the main street are just around the corner. It is also easily accessible by car.

Location is close to the old town.
    • Double or Twin Room

Slightly overpriced. Tv wasn't working but overall room was nice.

Location is close to the old town. The room had a nice balcony. Bathroom & toilet were spacious & the shower was perfect. Can leave luggage to explore the city.

We had a wonderfull time.

Bit of noise, more blankets. The breakfast is not compatible with our western culture, but that's to be expected.

Kind staff, close to sites and the old city. Clean rooms.

Great location, tiny yet comfortable hotel for short stay

Neighboring noise - there was a bar next door making quite a noise all night long (or more precisely up to 3AM). The beds were not much separable (for 2x twin beds).

A great location - there were numerous nice restaurants within walking distance and of course it is very close to the Old City. Breakfast was also very nice.

Excellent location - close to Old City, main street with...
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent location - close to Old City, main street with cafes, shops etc. Spacious room with comfortable mattress and pillows, staff always happy and helpful.

Everything there was perfect, especially I pay attention to...
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything there was perfect, especially I pay attention to hotel stuff and the cleanliness. The breakfasts was very good, fresh, varied. The hotel is located near the old city of Jerusalem - what's more there are a lot of restaurant, caffee shops, etc., and the prices there are affordable. Next time propably I'will choose the same hotel :)

Worst hotel experience ever

Room was dirty - big hair ball on the desk and hair on the sheet that wasn't mine. Room was also small and dilapidated - badly in need of a renovation. Next day I was moved to another room but when I returned in the evening, the key didn't work. After an hour of trying to get into the room, the manager had to break the door down. Manager then relocated me by foot to a sister hotel around 11 pm. During my 3 night stay, I had 4 rooms in all 3 of the sister hotels! Senior management was unresponsive to my situation and had no regard for the negative experience and inconveniences I endured.

Convenient location

I recommend this hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms are very small and bathroom size is even less comfortable

Great location, 5 minutes walk to the Old Town of Jerusalem. Very helpful personnel. Breakfast was tasteful and enough varied

Great location, ok breakfast, friendly staff, tiny rooms, triple check before you book.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was crazy small! The photos on booking.com are misleading. Our room looked nothing like in the photos. Check traveler photos on other websites. The bathroom was not a bathroom, but rather the sink was right in the room, and the shower and the closet were also literally in the room too. There was absolutely no place to hang a towel, not a hook, nothing, quite inconvenient. Also out of three nights that we stayed, I had to go and ask for a second set of towels two times, because the cleaning person took our towels and did not restock them properly.

The staff was friendly and helped us with the parking (there is no official parking, despite the "Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and charges are applicable." being advertised). Parking nearby is expensive, the staff told us where to find parking twice as cheap. Also the breakfast was surprisingly not bad at all. I'd even go as far as to say that it was quite satisfactory, but not too good. The location is outstanding! Very convenient. The view from the balcony was nice (try to get a room that does not look at the street, but choose the yard view).

Hotel without frills, but in central location.
    • Double or Twin Room

- There was no proper detached bathroom in my relatively small room, but the toilet and the shower were glass cabins in the room. If you travel together, you have to undress in the room to get into the shower. - The bedsheet had a hole. - Relatively noisy from the stairway.

+ Central location with walking distance to the Old City and Yafo Road. + Plenty of food options nearby. + Helpful staff everywhere. + Basic breakfast. + Comfortable bed.

Great and central location.

Carrying heavy luggage up and down stairs to the first floor. Breakfast was cramped with insufficient tables for their clients.

Central location Friendly and Obliging staff

Good

Was not able to check until 3pm after an overnight flight. Had to sleep in lobby. Not the hotel's fault though. They let us use the bathroom and store our luggage.

Roomy and excellent location. Fabulous breakfast.

Five days in jerusalem
    • Double or Twin Room

I am quite person and i haven't many pretentions but i payed 80€ per day for this. When i arrived i saw a pieces of paper and dust on the floor ...after 5 days it was there again. Bathroom with mold. During my 5 days they just fold the towels. In the breakfast room i found just a piece of cake and a coffee machine. I woman asked me if i would like a israelian breakfast (cheese and vegetables). Otherwise you can enjoy breakfast in another hotel 200m distance. I booked a room with breakfast not a room with breakfast in another hotel.

The position is perfect. Very close to old city (5 minutes walking) and city center (5 minutes walking).

The location on one hand is good, very close to the main...
    • Double or Twin Room

Not a quiet place because of the night clubs around.

The location on one hand is good, very close to the main road Yaffo street and 15 minutes to the Jaffa gate entrance to the old city, but on the other hand, there is a night club and bar down the windows of the hotel. On Thursday night, loud music and people talking until 4 am prevented me sleeping. The staff at the desk is helpful. Rooms are comfy.

Next to tram pedestrian road with a lot of night rest...
    • Double or Twin Room

No lift. 2th floor with luggages but we were helped by the receptionist. Thanks.

Next to tram pedestrian road with a lot of night rest except sat night dead / closed.

Great location, good value for money

Nothing to complain about.

The hotel is located right in the centre of Jerusalem, but on a very quiet street, excellent location. Room was very spacious and clean with free wifi. We were told we could go to have buffet breakfast at a nearby sister hotel, but found the breakfast served (with a friendly smile) at the hotel more than sufficient. Very good value for money. I will be staying there again.

Very nice hotel in the heart of the Ben Yahuda shopping district just 10 min walk to the Jaffa gate.

No elevator. A problem if we had not been on the ground floor.

Very nice small hotel. Tiny lobby. The hotel upgraded us and the room was very nice. We did not see a standard room. Breakfast buffet is small but it is a 3-4 block walk to their sister hotel that has a very large breakfast buffet. Parking was 2 blocks away in paid outdoor lot. We would definetely stay there again. Great Value and location

Room was clean
    • Double or Twin Room

No soap in the WC Only one towel TV is not working called the reception who said we will send some one to fix but did nothing The Door handle need to fix

Room was clean

Great tourist base

Very little to dislike unless you expect a range of in-house facilities.

Fabulous location as a tourist base: 5 mins from tramline, 5 mins from wide range of cafes and shops, 15 mins walk from Old City. Strongly recommend option of buffet breakfast available at the nearby Eyal Hotel (5 mins walk, no extra charge). We were in a superior room at the back of the hotel: good size room and bathroom, and none of the noise problems mentioned in other reviews. Limited facilities in hotel itself, but that didn't worry us as we were out sightseeing all day every day, and wanted little more than a bed for the night. If that is all you need, it is excellent value for money. Would definitely stay again.

Simple, comfortable, and pleasant

There were just two things that really could have been improved. One is that the mattress for two was two twin beds pushed together to make one big mattress--The hotel told me this in advance, but it was a tiny bit annoying that there was a crevice between the mattresses. The second thing is the blinds/curtains. The bathroom window did not have blinds or a curtain--It was frosted glass, and as soon as the sun rose, our entire room was very bright and I could not fall back asleep.

I got everything I needed for a great price. It was certainly nothing over the top, but it was clean, comfortable, aesthetically pleasing, and had all the necessities. The front-desk man was very kind, and we even had our own balcony.

I came for the location; I come back for the friendly staff

Be aware that there's no elevator. On the other hand, that's part of the charm.

I'm a solo traveler who's in Israel at least twice a year for special programs, volunteering, or just plain tourism. Heading for Jerusalem at every opportunity, I always choose the Jerusalem Inn. You just can't beat the location (walk to the Old City and other sites; great restaurants, shopping, and the Light Rail nearby) and the price (rooms are small so I treat myself to a "deluxe" for a few extra dollars). The staff is always friendly and helpful. The hotel is on a small side-street, with the sense of a real neighborhood, and I'm comfortable walking alone, day or night.

Location and breakfast at Eyal hotel.

Always forgot to place the bathroom floor rug and no shampoo/conditioner available.

Location and breakfast at Eyal hotel. Staff assistance to guest.

WE CAN WARMLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO THE TRAVELERS ON A SMALL BUDGET.

THE FRIDGE DID NOT FUNCTION AND THE COFFEE WHICH WAS COMPLIMENTARY WAS NOT REALLY GOOD.

STAFF WAS FRIENDLY, WE COULD CHOOSE FROM THREE ROOMS. WE ASKED FOR A QUIET ROOM AND WE HAVE RECEIVED THAT. THE VIEW WAS NOT SOMETHING TO WRITE ABOUT, BUT WE HAVE CHOSEN THE ROOM FOR THE QUIETNESS. HUGE BATHROOM. EVERYTHING CLOSE BY. BREAKFAST WE HAVE CHOSEN IT IN THE SISTER HOTEL AND IT WAS HUGE AND FRESH.

Comfortable and well located hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The couch was a kind dirty & stained.

Comfortable and well located hotel. The room was really cool & shaded having in mind the temperature outside.

Dont stay here!
    • Double or Twin Room

- Bars all around and no soundproof rooms. The noise is just like being in the party. - didn't have beed sheets. They put a duvet cover on the matress so it was very umpleasant. - fungus in the shower - duvet cover and pillow cover with hair of other people. - really noise at night and day - dirty toilet - didnt clean the floor on three day of stay. - brakfast in the same hotel is bad. You have to go to other hotel.

15 minutes walking to Jaffa door

Very friendly and useful staff.

Cleanliness could be improved. Nothing horrible but the carpet and bedsheets seemed to be a bit dated and used.

Very friendly and useful staff. The hotel itself is nothing special but you get yours money worth. The location is good it is easy to walk to the old city and the resturants nearby.

Basic hotel for short stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Dirty toilet upon arrival, it stinks of urine. Hairs on the floor. Lock in the small balcony is broken.

Breakfast and the location. Male staff helped me book a sherut.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Excellent location, everything within the walking distance.

There was some mold in the shower room and it remained very moist despite of the AC was on all the time. The room was not properly cleaned each time and the noise from the street was pretty loud at nights (our room was towards the street)

Excellent location, everything within the walking distance. Cool hipster bars just around the corner. The hotel looks cool from outside and mutual facilities are pretty cosy.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Great location, not great service
    • Double or Twin Room

i can live with the fact that a room is small, as long as it is clean. The bathroom wasn't very clean (the shower cabin had a lot of mold). There was no place to hang towels. The breakfast was another disappintment. First we were told that we could have breakfast at another hotel but afterwards we were told that we didn't need to go anywhere because they had everything there, but 2 out 3 breakfasts we had dried bread. I think it could be a much nicer hotel if the management would focus on keeping it tidy and clean.

The location! 10 min away from the old town and very close to reaturants and shops.

good stay

room is too small

crazy location. I was in the middle of the independence day celebration, could walk in and out to join the celebration any time. can walk to the old city and other major tourists sites. staff are friendly. only down side is the room is very small. but it's clean, so I am happy.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Review before you book
    • Double or Twin Room

Room clothes cabinet does not have Clothes hanger and shelfs No safe to keep doc and money and you have to ask for it balacony do not lock up and not safe also entry door damaged and not fix and I did ask to change room as room is not safe Balacony was so dirty and not clean for ages also chair in balacony was dirty and not cleaned Maintanance is poor and you have to be patient and ask twice to fix a basic things

Location was perfect
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no lift so had to carry everything.

Location was perfect but it was hard to find initially. It's only a 5 minute walk to the tram and 10 minute walk to the old city. Also, if you like good showers, they have the best.

Centrally located clean friendly budget hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms were a bit small and not sound proof

This is a centrally located hotel in the downtown triangle. lots of resteraunt and shopping opportunities around. Old city only 20 min by walk. Staff were friendly and helpful especially our daytime front desk friend. Rooms were clean and sufficient. Breakfast although at a sister hotel was fabulous.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

I wouldn't recomendar this hotel and it was pricey for how old it is. The only good thing is the l.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were small. The bathroom was very uncomfortable and small. It wasn't clear that it was a hotel without elevator and I have knee problems.

We liked the breakfast.

Could be nice if
    • Double or Twin Room

Dirty: the room was just dirty as it has never seen a vacuum cleaner before Horrible bathroom: the bathroom is just way too small and thanks to the glasdoor you can hear and see your partner at the toilet. The bathroom has no ventilation so be prepared for some mould. Animals: there were plenty of flies in the room, some moskitos and two lovely cockroaches. Breakfast: It was no buffet, the room was dirty and the waiter very unpolite (esp to my girlfriend). We started having breakfast in the Cafés nearby.

Great location - close to the old city. Some very nice bars, restaurants and cafés nearby.

Close to old city and main street, pretty decent hotel.

The safe was not working in the room. Not a very big deal, but they repeatedly told us it would be fixed. Everyday somebody checked the safe for malfunction (same error) and told it would be replaced the same day. Did not happen..

There was a good breakfast. And you could go to a hotel 5min away for an even larger breakfast.

Browse Jerusalem Inn by Smart Hotels traveller photo gallery