Reviews of Leonardo Plaza Haifa

10 David Elazar Street, Haifa, 35081, Israel

#20 of 28 hotels in Haifa

• Deluxe Suite Triple (3 Adults)

They need a mini-market on site because it's very difficult to get somewhere just for bottled water or a kids snack. They also need a snack bar at the pool. There is one there but not opened and no place to get lunch!

We ordered 2 family rooms and they were bee spacious with beautiful sea views. Break fast was excellent.

Asking at the front-desk for public transportation we´ve got the answer to take the car. Asking about the subway in Haifa there was a big question -mark in the eyes of the lady at the front desk - "there is a subway?" - The next day we found out that the subway was on fire a few month ago and therefor out of service - Would be a good to know at the front desk.

The room was clean and spacious. Breakfast had a wide choice. The public beach area was clean and well maintained.

Regarding the negatives: - Staff is rude. Maybe familiarity is fine in Israel, but if you call yourself a good hotel your should follow international standards of service. Nobody cares about your comfort I would say, and nobody shows respect to a customer (maybe until you look older? No idea). - Room is old: maybe it was good some time ago, but it's not now - doors are thin and doesn't provide any sound isolation, windows don't close properly and in a windy weather you hear wind howling all the night. Electric sockets are hidden somewhere behind the furniture and you literally have to move the furniture if you want to plug your laptop in the room, not in the bathroom. - Breakfast is below average - on the one hand you have everything you need, but on the other - quality of products is low, so I've skipped half of my included breakfasts to eat outside instead. - Pool looks good, but it works only 9AM - 6PM. I was on the business trip, so no chance I can manage to visit it... Why not till 8PM? Or from 7AM? I would really love to go. Sad. Bottomline - hotel is not bad, it's just very average. And this doesn't worth the high price they claim.

Hotel leaves weird impression - it's expensive and big, but definitely doesn't worth the money paid. Even though there were some nice people in the staff, the only truly positive thing I can note is a comfortable bed.

• Royal Suite

very hard to find entrance, staff gave poor directions, room was terrible value, place was like a motel six, terrible atmosphere

Nothing place was terrible

The artificial smell pumped diffused in the lobby. It is intrusive, unhealthy and dangerous for people with asthma. The bed was badly made up. Ended sleeping on the mattress....

The breakfast

Really terrible bed, mattress was completely saggy, i could feel all the springs through the mattress. After complaining the said they we replace it, but they only turned it over. Another complaint and we got another saggy mattress, but with less pocket springs sticking out. When we arrived at the end of the day, we got the new mattress without sheets and the whole room wasnt made. After calling to the reception somebody can for sheets, but no towels or anything. After calling to the reception we were promised towels, but they didnt bring any. They say they are improving and renewing the furniture, but we got stuck with bad mattresses during our stay for 170 dollars a night Also the carpet looked old and warn out, with lots and lots of stains. Service is also not great: Doorman yells at you to use the other door instead of holding a door for you. Also no offer to help you with your luggage at all. They have a gym and pool, but they are only open from 09:00-18:00, so no chance of using the gym before breakfast.

Good breakfast, a lot of variation and mostly very fresh Location on the beach, directly on the promenade Parking available

The hotel lobby, the pool, the rooms and everything else in this hotel is a bit old and sometimes not properly functioning anymore. The hotel lacks refurbishment. In our bathroom water was dripping from the bathroom ceiling directly on one's face when sitting on the loo. It was unclear whether it was fresh water or actually sewage from the room above as the liquid was quite sticky. After informing the reception someone came to fix it. A few hours later water was dripping again, this time not from the bathroom ceiling but from the ceiling of the main room. We were offered a different room and a bottle of wine. Apart from this incident the hotel seems overpriced as the facilities are old and it seems they haven't been refurbished for a long time or they haven't been maintained well.

The hotel is located directly at the beach.

Through my own poor planning I arrived at the Leonardo a day early on the eve of Shabbat. Hotels are often 100% full during Shabbat and the Leonardo was no exception. It was 11pm at night and from the moment I walked through their door, bedraggeled and footsore, I was their guest. It did not matter that I was there a day early and they had no room for me. They treated me with kindness and respect. I sat exhausted in the lobby and was plied with cookies and tea as they searched for a room, first within their own hotel, and then other hotels in the area. They found room for me in a hotel that caters to business travelers not vacationers. This hotel only had a handicapped room available and I don't think they would accepted me without the referral from the Leonardo. After they found a room they called a cab and offered to hold my excess baggage for the night. As I was leaving the Leonardo the hotel manager, Miri, gave me her card and made it clear that even though I was staying elsewhere for one night, I was a guest of the Leonardo and if had any difficulties in my temporary hotel to call her at anytime and that they would help me. Of course when I arrived at the other hotel there were no problems. Guest services were expecting me and showed me immediately to the very last room in their hotel. The next day I returned to the Leonardo and was greeted warmly as I checked in. The rooms are clean and spacious. The hotel is right on the beach and I had a beautiful view of the ocean and spent a good amount of time in the room relaxing. My breakfasts were included and they had a wonderful buffet breakfast with every kind of food you could eat. The hotel itself was everything I had hoped for on the last leg of my journey before returning to the States. The guest services went above and beyond. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Haifa, Israel.

• Royal Suite (2 Adults + 3 Children)

The door card readers and cards failed at a higher rate than I would have liked. I hate getting locked out in the basement / garage....

Breakfast is terrific. Large spread with most everything we wanted. The weather didn't allow beach / boardwalk usage, but the views of the sea were great and with better weather the location is fantastic. The suite worked fine and was good for our family.

• Royal Suite (2 Adults + 3 Children)

No entrance to the gym on saturday. If you want to yse thr gym Youll have to cross the synagogue (while peoples are praying). Also the line to the breakfast is unreasonable

Size of the room, the view, comfortable bed

Hospitality to the staff; especially, the guest relation manager - Miri Capon. She is an amazing host. Thank you Miri and thank you to all your staff.

Car park was usually full so we parked in the road a walk away from the hotel. Lifts were often full. Drinks in bar were expensive

Very comfortable room/ bed . Choice of English Language TV needs to be improved (no CNN or BBC) Extensive breakfast buffet. Kids liked the pool.

• Royal Suite

No outdoor pool. Kitchen was a kettle and fridge in the premium suite. Staff were not friendly. Made us pay full price of stay up front then would not give us our keys. At this point they mentioned on Saturdays check in is after dark. This would have been fine except we had emailed ahead of time specifying we wanted check in at 2 and asking if they could accommodate that. No one responded to our emails, no one called or even mentioned that we could not check in even close to that time. When we got there they demanded full payment up front. Once we paid.. then they mentioned we could not check in until 7pm!

Right on the beach.

I booked a double room but got two single beds pushed together! The staff was not helpful by any way and would not return our phone calls. The bell boy didn't help us with luggage after checking out. The parking lot is not close to the front door and not accessible for people in wheelchairs. The kitchen for breakfast on our floor didn't open until 1:00 P.M! My credit card was charged with the deposit and was not returned to me, instead it was used to pay for my room without me consent!

waiting 3hrs on Saturday to do check in.

It was very good place to spend a vacation with family, all facilities were so nice, staff, breakfast, cleanliness ,front desk and senior managers also.

• Royal Suite (2 Adults + 3 Children)

I had understood from the bookings site that breakfast was included in our package. It was not, as written in the confirmation, so we had to go out to eat or bring food in. That was not the hotel's error but bookings.

The location is perfect for family with kids. We requested a low floor and had a lovely room on a low flooor allowing us to walk up and down. There were kids activities e.g. A movie with popcorn available to those who wanted it.

• Royal Suite (2 Adults + 3 Children)

Dinner. Luckily we didn't sign up for the half board. We ate their one night and certainly didn't get value for our money (520 shekels for 2 adults and 3 small children.

The pool was immaculate and the close proximity to the beach was great.

• Deluxe Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

It's not really recommended to Shabbat observant crowd. Activities on Shabbat, a tight minyan (if at all) at the synagogue. Not many religious guests.

Clean rooms. Great view. Helpful staff. Huge variety of food mostly simple but also some dishes with twists.

I ask for a room with balcony so I can smoke And they refuse to give me. And they force to let me pay 17percent tax on the room with American passport because I don't have a stiker from the airport. And when I book the room on line the check in show at 3pm. But the make me a trobble on the phone after booking saying that checking in at 6pm. I try to cancel but there is no cancelation. It's tricky way to get a room on line

The is clean with a nice view

We had 2 rooms in order to accommodate 3 adults and 2 children. We had a sleep sofa which was not made up and had to call housekeeping quite late st night to make it up. We attempted to ring the front desk on a few matters several times and the phone was not answered promptly or not at all. When we went down to make our request in person, the desk clerk was on his personal cell phone. We waited an inordinate amount of time for someone to assist with luggage. When we arrived to check in, we were not greeted by the staff and had to walk up to the outside desk where personnel were chatting to determine how to be accommodated. Ni

We loved the view.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

A little bit too fare away from the city, by taxi arround 10 euros to reach the centre.

Hotel is on the beach of the Sea with really nice view. Close to the hotel is rail way station. Big enough swimming pool. Few restaurants are arround.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Longer opening times for the fitness centre which opens at 09.00 and closes at 19.00 which means it is not available to people travelling on business.

The hotel and staff were great. The room large and very clean.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Executive Double Room (2 adults + 1 child)

Many hotel employees are hanging around at the lobby without doing something meaningful, while you are waiting for half an hour at the reception.

Good 4 stars hotel. Parking just in front of the building. In-door 24/7 swimming pool. Children care at weekend.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Facilities could use a renovation, in particular carpets. But it's clean and it has good value for money.

Great ocean view! Good location, close to matam technology center.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Two of the stuff people brake into my room with out any permits or need. Used the bed( god knows for what...) ate my fruit that we have perches, used the toilet, opened my bag. Do I need to continue? We called the security and management both said that they will take care of it and I will be informed and compensated. Nothing happened so far.

The breakfast was excellent and with a lot of choices

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Royal Suite (2 adults + 4 children)

Our suite, though excellent for a family of six, badly needed painting in some places. There was peeling paint and damp above the bay window ..

The pool was great though of course we would have liked it a degree warmer. The suite was the most amazing size and the "kitchenette" with a decent size fridge was. Perfect.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Prepare a booklet with transportation means - to reach different destinations for tourists without car. Not enough lights in the room - becomes kind of dark in the evening.

Very good buffet style meals, although on the expensive side. Individual slippers were provided - that was really stylish. Room is new, modern spacious,

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

- The bed was extremely hard. - No "do not disturb" sign to put on the door, so housekeeping always came knocking.

+ The beach is right next to the hotel, which is great. Though there isn't much else around, so don't expect it to be lively at night.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

It is a rather tired hotel. It's 3 star maximum and I would expect to pay much less for it. There aren't any attractions nearby apart form the sea really.

Great location by the sea and walkable from the Haf Carmel train station. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Deluxe Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

not perfectly clean but ok beach not very nice parking card didnt work often towel service for the beach unattended

great breakfast buffet staff very friendly and helpful great aircon

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The lobby menu is very sparse and there often wasn't anyone there to order from. There is no way to get any food or drink by the pool as the "bar" there is only open on Saturdays. We were told before our stay that there would be lunch on Saturday but when we arrived we were told there wasn't, the following Saturday one staff member said there was no lunch even though we had been assured there would be, eventually the manager came to say there would be. The food quality was average.

The rooms were very nice and some of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Deluxe Suite

The only redeeming quality was the very nice bartender. The view was very nice but the windows were dirty and smeared

This place is a complete dump. Wanted to be near the beach but rooms were beat, facilities were dirty. The indoor pool smelled like a toilet. Completely gross. I have never seen a hotel where the maid doesn't have a vacuum. Just nasty.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Deluxe Suite

Price was high (I get a lot more room and service for that kind of money in the USA). the suite was tiny :(

great view, breakfast was awesome, service was good and the staff was great!

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

They were unable to upgrade my room to include breakfast. Don't have dinner there, it is not good.

Breakfast is ok. The rooms are spaceous. Staffing is generally polite and helpful (those that speak English anyway).

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

The good morning breakfast was a real mean, bad look from the girl making the omelettes anytime you would ask her for anything. She should be working at a security post in Gaza and not interfacing with the guests.You could also sense the bad atmosfere in the working staff around you. Very displeasant/uncomfortable.

Next to the beach

La restauration Les parties communes

La chambre la vue l’accessibilite

Expensive Dinner Menu!

Location and close to restaurants and the beach! Breakfast was excellent!

Spacious

• Royal Suite (2 adults + 4 children)

Great indoor pool perfect for kids and the view of the Mediterranean from our room was amazing. The food, especially breakfast, was great.

staff not helpful rooms with bedbugs no parking long check in

• Royal Suite

Didn't work air conditioning in royal suite

• Deluxe Suite

Awful, dirty, old style room with terrible smell

Breakfast was the only one good thing in this hotel

Excellent cooperation with Public Relations Manager Miri and receptionists.

the proximity to the beach

Thanks for all

It was not clean

• Executive Double Room

we invite a room with child and we thout we pay they siad this didnt include the child and ee pay more

the bed is not comfortable not clean

• Royal Suite Quadruple (4 Adults)

The customer service at this hotel is not the best, but its a nice place to stay.

Leonardo is located right on the boardwalk. It is near the beach restaurants and train station.

• Deluxe Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There is no good signage for the underground parking lot.

Very responsive service; impressive & EXCELLENT breakfast spread

There should be an easy access to the peach from the first floor

It has been a fantastic experience for the kids We injoid it too

• Deluxe Suite Triple (3 Adults)

Lifeguard was rude to my daughter, who happens to be overweight; it felt very judgmental.

Excellent bed

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Bedgreat

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Pillows were not so comfortable.

Staff assistance and location.

lobby bar was not open at hours claimed in the booklet, breakfast to the room was of low quality

location mainly

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Executive Double Room (2 adults + 1 child)

Dressing room of swimming pool wasn't very much dressing room. No hooks or lockers or even benches.

Shortly, enjoyable!

Great Location, friendly stuff, amazing breakfast, very smart elevators , great view on Mediterranean Sea

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The hotel was a little run down!

The breakfast was plentiful

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Executive Double Room

great breakfast, location on the beach.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Staff were very friendly, welcoming and accommodated some special requests.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Must be difficult to find when driving without Waze or Sat Nav.

Friiendly staff - they found a missing item and returned it to us quickly

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

I wanted to stay one more day but the man at the front desk run me off instead of trying to accommodate me so I went somewhere else

Just fine

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

People service

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

rooms are outdated by the early 2000s, bath tub and toilets are very basic

location, amazing see view, breakfast was splendid

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Absolutely splendid deal. You get a suite for the price of a room. Staff is very nice, atypical for the Israeli rudeness.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Wifi slow.

Excellent everything. We even got free breakfast from Leo, receptionist at hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

No carpet in bedroom area.

Excellent breakfast

• Royal Suite Quadruple (4 Adults)

fantastic location near beach and sea, super breakfast and dinner!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Deluxe Suite

The VIP attention by the client services manager Miri was superb and truly appreciated by our family. And the breakfast was awesome!!

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

The food and the cleanless

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Nothing all perfect i will come back

Very nice wk love the view Nice clean room very good bed

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Breakfast was not included in our package. It should be included in every package

Loved the view of the sea from every room

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Royal Suite (2 adults + 4 children)

The view was stunning and the staff were so friendly & the location is perfect

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Hotel staff, very rude, helpless.

Location, next to the beach.

There are also 38 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Leonardo Plaza Haifa traveller photo gallery