Reviews of Ophir Hotel 3 stars

43 Dizengoff Street, Tel Aviv, 64282, Israel

#125 of 125 hotels in Tel Aviv

3.6

4.1

WORST PLACE EVER! DO NOT STAY HERE !

The property was under construction! So the pictures shown of the room and hotel is a lie! This hotel looks nothing like the pictures which made me really upset. I also had to pay cash which I didn’t like at all! To top it off the hotel is under construction so you would think they would work on the rooms to please the customers but these rooms look out dated about 25 years, TERRIBLE. Also I placed my duffle bag down and it was open while I went to the store and when I came back to rearrange my things inside THREE ROACHES CAME OUT! THIS HOTEL SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN AND EXTERMINATED ! NOT ONCE IN ANY HOTEL DID I SEE ROACHES THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN !!!!!!!!!!! DISGUSTINGGGGGG!!!!! FILTY !!!!!!!

Under construction, but in a great location

The hotel is under construction. There wasn't any work going on while we were there, so it didn't bother us. While the room was clean and functional, it is due for an upgrade.

The location is perfect. The staff was really nice and apologetic about the state the hotel is in. The WiFi works well and is fast. The price was a lot lower than other hotels in the same area.

Perfect location in the city centre, near great restaurants,...

Dirty room (a lot of dust), insects, lack of attention to detail

Perfect location in the city centre, near great restaurants, walking distance to the beach

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The staff is friendly, rooms are clean, and location is good.

The hotel is being renovated. While we understand that the hotel will look nice in a few months, it is a bit uncomfortable right now given that there is no lounge space and no services are provided at all.

The staff is friendly, rooms are clean, and location is good.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Next time i will read more about a hotel and check the rate before booking!

Everything was not ok! You guys should change everything in that hotel, it’s so old and rusty and not really clean!

Even tho everything is bad quality in that room and looks dirty, the bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating.

The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating. The hotel itself is currently undergoing renovations, so much of the lobby is still unfinished, but all the work they’ve done so far looks great! Our room was comfortable and appeared as advertised. My only complaints were the air conditioning which I would’ve preferred to be a bit stronger ( it was turned down all the way and still difficult to feel), the bathroom seemed a bit unfinished and needed a new mirror and better light, and the missing lightbulb from the chandelier in the room itself was a minor incovience in the lighting. Apart from these things our stay was wonderful! I’m looking forward to seeing what this place looks like once everything is finished. Would definitely recommend!

probably will not go again

The hotel is undergoing renovations you must pay cash! The equipment in the room is broken The pictures are far from reality

The location is great. that's all

The location was good

Where to start... I’ll just start with I’m glad my experience of this place was only for 1 night as I don’t think I could have coped with staying here any longer and would definitely had checked out if my stay was any longer as it fell WAY below standard. The hotel was quite hard to find as there was no signage outside saying where/what it was, also and most importantly, the hotel was under renovation which was never stated in the add when I booked it so was quite loud and not really the experience I was hoping for when I arrived. When I went to check in I also got told that they had a problem at the moment accepting Visa cards to which I said I’d just pay with my MasterCard and the (miserable looking) chap behind the counter (who I had to ring an actual bell for as he was not at front desk) then told me that the hotel has problems accepting ANY card and I needed to pay in cash for which when I did, he then didn’t have any change so I had to wait for my change which I found absurd. I got my room key and found my way up two flights of stairs (no lift) and when I eventually reached my room I was confronted by an interesting door/lock. By lock I mean a twisty door handle that looked like if I blew on it it would break so this didn’t fill me with confidence. After playing around for some time with said lock to get in (the lock itself was very very loose), I got in to a room that was quite small and with a view that faced a wall that was the building next door which must have been about 3-4 meters away. This wasn’t so much of a problem for me, the main problem was that there was scaffolding outside my window which people were working on so I had to have my curtain closed all the time to get any form of privacy!! The bed was surprisingly comfortable (although had a few minor staines on the sheets) but the room in general looked NOTHING like the pictures.

The location was good

The localisation was amazing.

The fact that the room has been upgraded, with the corresponding price and not the initial one. Equipment very old, sleeping equipment dirty (rest of hair and some dust), electric equipment feels not secure, the bathroom feels not clean, the door lock seems pretty weak. Regardless of all said before, the reception was in construction so no breakfast.

The localisation was amazing. There is always at least one person at the reception 24/7. People are warm. There is a fridge in the room.

Ophir/Awful Hotel: rude, money-grabbing owner, and a dodgy, dirty place that's falling apart.

Ophir Hotel-Awful Hotel, an abnormal experience - please read A few reasons why you should stay away guys. Day 1. Hotel Photos deceitful: On the first day we were given a horrible room with bathroom falling apart and balcony full of broken furniture. We asked for a different room to which the hotel staff replied, "I knew you'd say that, try this room instead." Already tried to screw us over on day 1. Day 2. Owner is rude, miserable and despicable: We thought the hotel would deduct the payment from my credit card given the booking required credit card details. We agreed with one of the staff to pay half the price on the first day as we did not have any more cash, and then go find an atm to withdraw more cash in the morning, as they only wanted to accept cash... The next day as we were walking out, the hotel owner stops us being incredibly rude "You need to pay remaining money, go to that atm you need to pay now" and made us walk to the atm first thing the following morning to get the remaining cash. Jeez, you got our card details, definitely not running off without paying you. Day 3. Owner refused to give change and receipt: We paid 2,000 shekels for the stay but the hotel cost was 1,980 ILS. We stayed by reception awaiting receipt and change and the owner arrogantly asked, "Why you still here?" Obviously we want our 20 shekels change and the receipt. He told us to come back the next day - long story short, 5 days had passed and we did not get any change back. Day 4. Owner broke into our room to do works without any notice: On our 4th day we walk back into the room after a long day to see all of our stuff covered in white powder and a massive hole in the bathroom with pieces of stone around the room. What the hell? The hotel did not have the decency to ask us if they could barge into our room to do works whilst we were staying there. Not even the slight decency to clean up afterwards! Day 5. What more could possibly go wrong?

Disappointing. Regretful. Unfortunate. Ruined our introduction to Israel.

The worst experience we have ever had & we have traveled every 3 years for a month for the last 25 years. Filthy, Uncleaned room. Spider webs in broken light fixtures with missing light bulbs; stained lamp shades, holes in the walls, flimsy lock on the door, food left in cabinet from previous visitors, front desk requested cash & claimed their credit card machine didn’t work. Bathroom was very dirty. Interior is Being refurbished & you walk into a construction site to reach stairs leading to rooms.

Do NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Not worth the price, miss-represented in the photos and description.
    • Quadruple Room

We didn't like that the place was run down and in the middle of being renovated. While we were checking in, they refused to take credit card stating that the machine wasn't working and insisted on cash. They advertise internet, which didn't work while we were there. The air conditioning didn't work and in the end they moved us to another room where the air conditioning was working, however, the television didn't.

We liked that it wasn't poorly located.

Lokation

the hotel is being repaired, everywhere is dirty, without wardrobes and cots, the worst accommodation I've ever seen ... just the location in the center great

Lokation

This hotel is like jail or Dog house

It was really one of the bad hotel in this world. I wish I could case in this hotel. They show rooms in the website very nice and they will give me room very bed, and it was like jail. They took charger for one night 407 shakel. There was no any facilities No proper light, no cleaning, no toilet paper in the toilet, no drinking water, no microwave, no coffiee facility. No windows, there is one windows which is full of dust. All the dust was in the floor, you cant walk without your shoes, all the table was with full dust. They should charger for this room 50 shakel for one night. I have a lot videos and pictures to upload in the internet.

Two nights was too much

This is for sure among the worst hotels I have ever used. And I am not somebody who visit just 4 stars hotels. I shared dirty room and bathroom with various insects. Internet was not in function all the time. Part of the hotel is under construction/renovation Except of that, it was very expensive

The staff was not too helpful however location was excellent and overcame adverse conditions.

1. Staff did not honor numerous requests for a/c remote. 2. Room was not made up . 3. No soap in the bathroom. 4. No towel hanger in the bathroom. 5. Some rooms are already refurbished. Request a newer room

3.0
    I recommend you delist this hotel until it measures up.

Everything could have been better. And to ask for cash instead of the credit card payment facility on Booking.com was scandalous; it ruined our first day in Tel Aviv.

A couple of the staff were helpful under appalling conditions. Otherwise, nothing.

The room was expensive, and this was one of the most unpleasant hotels that I ever visited.

Sullen person at reception at first claimed that there was no record of my reservation. Long delay getting a key, and totally un-apologetic about their incompetence. Hotel is in very poor state of repair, my room looked nothing like the one illustrated in the picture: the shoddy and mis-matched furniture might have been bought at a flea market.

The worst experience ever! Dirty, old, cheap, noise, expensive. What else can I say?

It was the poorest experience I had in my entire trip. The rooms dirty, the bathrooms disgusting, the personnel very limited capacity to resolve. This hotel should be not be enable to operate.

Nothing good to say about this hotel.

Terrible, we were very disappointed.

The hotel is under construction, but they didn't write it in their webpage or in booking.com. The hotel is in very bad conditions, full with noise workers, dirty...It was terrible...

There weren't anything nice in the hotel

Awful dirty place
    • Quadruple Room

Awfully outrageously dirty (hair and a dead fly on the floor!) and expensive! The hotel's works are in progress and the rooms have nothing to do with the pictures on Booking website! That is a shame!

Low quality for a lot of money

The hotel was in renovation, there was no restaurant, breakfast or at least coffee. Our room was super loud, there was mold, dirty windows, the two bed lamps were not working and the bathroom was dirty we were afraid to walk there with no shoes. The owner made me pay the whole reservation cash. The room looked super different on the pictures than it was in reality. The trip to Tel Aviv was present to my mom and I feel sorry for making her stay in this place... bad quality for a lot of money.

I do not recommend!!

The bathroom was dated and mouldy and I could feel the springs of the mattress. The aircon wasn't working and when we finally got it to work, I couldn't change temperature or turn it off - had to pull the plug off the wall. Face towels were not offered and I couldn't pay with credit card, I had to go out and withdraw to pay the stay.

It's a 10 minute walk to the Carmel market.

The perfect location in the city centre.

prices is little bit expencive, butt they do some discount for good guests :))

The perfect location in the city centre. you have everithing around. dizingoff biggest shoping centre, bars, restaurants, The excelent foods and peoples around. you realy can take enjoy there. Ophir Hotel is realy good location to get this all .

Everything. No credit card payment. Very dirty and no clean towels.

Nothing. Cleaning was bad, renovation works going on and impossible to sleep due to an alarm going on during the whole night...

The bed

- dirty rooms (other people's hair, destroyed mirror) - there were renovations in the first floor EVEN AT NIGHT! - ultra thin walls, impossible to sleep - humid, even towels didn't dry - can't pay by credit card - doesn't look like on the pictures at all - extremely dirty bathtub - old furniture - cold room

The bed

Most horrible place ever.

They don’t respect their customers They hype the price They are annoying

Nothing perfect there. They collected more than the price I saw at the your booking site. The manger is annoying. Hyping the price as they want. They refused to accept the price I booked through the site. The manager was threatening my personality.

Wait on this one. Under construction.

The property is under construction, which is not mentioned anywhere. This caused noise, dust, and made it almost impossible to find the hotel.

Location is good but!

The hotel on reconstruction. And this is not his only problem. The staff does not want and can not solve the problems of this hotel. Let's start with the settlement. I booked a room for a day ahead to arrive at night and immediately settled, eventually on arrival they said that we were lucky to have staff on the spot at 6 am, asked to wait until they cleaned the room for half an hour, and another half an hour figured out in which room we were settling because the settings went down and there is no internet and the computer does not work. On payment they even didn’t give us a check, no confirming paper, not even recorded anywhere. When asked about the wifi they said to connect to the city without password which by the way did not work in the room, because the hotel wi-fi broke. Room very old, and cold, no heater in winter, water in bathroom go down on floor,2 towels for 2 guests and 4 pieces of soap are given out. For the stay of 5 nights, room never make up and clean. After 4 nights I come to manager and ask to clean room, he say leave us a key and we will clean it down worry... I come back on evening and see they didn’t even come to my room! Clean towels and new soap should not expected. A day later, they asked for payment, well, this is already crazy because we pay in arrive ya say booking. What else they want. Further worse. One morning, at 7 am !!!! (On vacation,holiday!!!!) we woke up from a terrible noise right outside the window, although we live on the 3rd floor, opened the window and saw the scaffolding and builders with hammers and a drill just outside the window! Immediately went down complained at the reception, well they say us they stop... in the end it lasted an hour! By the way, the hotel does not correspond with the photos at all, it is under reconstruction and it was not informed about it when booking that. Отель на реконструкции. И это не единственная его проблема. Персонал не хочет и не может решить проблемы этого отеля.

Location is good but!!! Better use bus but not leave in that place.

Décevant

Rien sauf le veilleur de nuit (Izaac de prenom)

Disappointment, disillusion. Hotel shown as 3star on Booking even not worth for 1 star. Actually in full refurbishment. Description on Booking site does not project the reality.

Bad hotel but good location

The entire hotel is an working place. The bathroom was flooded.

The staff was very nice, and he indicate us a good parking place over the street. Also, he give us information about restaurants and others.

I will never attend that place again, if you are looking for a sleazy dirty place, that's the one..

Everything, To start they wrote that they have parking and they don't, they don't write in the app the total price, very dirty, broken.

Never ever again.

The pictures are not matching the rooms! It’s a FAKE! Don’t book this hotel! The building is under construction. Once I came there the receptionist didn’t make the effort to show me where my room is or help me with my bag. There is no elevator, just stairs and it’s super narrow. When I went upstairs the lock of the door wasn’t able to close, so anybody could get in. I asked for a non-smoking room and I smelled it right away that it was a smoking room. I didn’t even put my bag down when I checked the room. The bathroom and the walls of the room are falling off and there was a cockroach in the bathtube, which seemed to fall apart from the wall. They charged me the full amount even though they admitted themself that the pictures are 4 years old. Again: Don’t book this hotel.

Good location, just opposite the shopping mall

Dirty and noisy! The hotel is under construction and the noise from the construction workers is very annoying.

Good location, just opposite the shopping mall

Thought I was either in a horror movie or a candid camera...

This comes as top 3 worse hotel experiences I ever had. Hotel looks like a bomb fell on it a day ago, everything is broken, old and just makes you want to escape it. They only accept cash which already says enough. Invoice included breakfast in the price - they don't even have a kitchen in the building!!! Trust me, this is far worse than a hostel few hundred meters further at the beach, which costs exactly 6 times less. Booking should remove this hotel from its listing because this is really embarrassing!

Terrible

When we reached the hotel they said the booking was cancled despite having a confirmation from booking.com. I did not expect booking.com to give fake confirmation. Will never use this service anymore

Cannot recommend
    • Quadruple Room

Under construction fine, but they didn't even try. The "lobby" was a mess with garbage and thick layer of dust. The room had lights and cords hanging out of the wall. A blood stained pillow was in the closet. Was pretty gross overall.

Cheaper than anything else in the area. There was air conditioning.

Please don't stay here save yourself the hassle

The bed had numerous stains and burn marks the walls had holes in them and outlets sticking out there were roaches everywhere it was by far the worse hotel I've stayed at in the 5 years that I've been traveling the world.

Literally nothing

Extremely sad experience...

Pictures of the Hotel on booking.com do not correspond to the reality! It is totally worn-out Hotel with dirty/broken furniture, dirty bathrooms, cockroaches in the room. It is really time to make a deep deep cleaning and refurbishment. No restaurant (former restaurant hall windows are broken), no breakfast is available. Unfortunately, the only good thing about this hotel was location....

Relaxing, friendly and accommodating. Thank you great memories
    • Quadruple Room

Maybe not enough electrical outlets. But just a minor detail.

The friendliness and hospitality were nothing short of excellent. As soon as you arrive bot Riyad and Mohommad will treat you like famiy. Breakfast was an added treat too.

never stay there

This was the worst property we ever stayed in. The appearance of the room was a complete opposite of what was advertised on the web site. The room was in terrible condition. The building was under construction and it was very noisy starting at 7 AM. The room had exposed electrical wiring and the bathroom sink was broken. I was afraid of bed bugs but I think we are OK though, no bites. We requested a double bed room, but it was a double bed with 2 single beds all cramped in the small room, so it was almost no space between the beds. I'm also not sure if the bed sheets were washed because I found hair on it and the towels weren't ever changed.

Abysmal

See above I liked nothing about the hotel

Booking.com should not advertise this hotel their photos and description is FALSE! I could forgive them if the extensive work taking place in and outside the hotel were revealed in their description. We arrived too late to select another hotel. WiFi - only in reception Too untidy - building site - to make me even curious about the remainder of the building This hotel is on a very busy crossroads essentially in a shopping zone of the city Good restaurants and bars are close by

All i can say is the photos show different things and when you arrive its totally different. It is like a hotel which you use for a few hours. Disgusting.

Pictures dont match reality, find pictures from travellers in web to get understanding of the offer.
    • Quadruple Room

First of all - pictures dont match the reality AT ALL. Rooms are much darker and dirtier, bathroom is broken and with insects. Hall is much more smaller, reception is basically under the stairs. Construction was happening all the time of the stay. Not suitable for business AT ALL. To get wifi working you have to stand in the hall.

Location is amazing if you like noisy city centre. One of the biggest shopping malls is right across the street, bar and cafes for any taste.

The pictures were nothing like the condition of the hotel.

The pictures were nothing like the condition of the hotel. It looked as if it was being refurbished so there was dust everywhere, bare wires hanging from the walls and scaffolding outside. Payment had to be made in cash. The walls were peeling. Sink was cracked and facilities very basic. At least towels and sheets were clean. Continental breakfast was supposed to be included but I never found it and I wouldn’t have wanted to eat it anyway

Probably the worst hotel in Tel Aviv

This is a horrible hotel by all means. The price is a little bit lower than the avarage in Tel Aviv but it´s so lousy that I´d recommend anyone to move on to a better place. The hotel is being renovated which was not included in the information when we booked´and what´s even worse: they start doing very loud construction works early in the morning when people want to sleep! It´s a hotel for Christ´s sake! Moreover, the rooms are simple and not cleaned properly. Very poor equipment available, not even a hanger in the bathroom, and not even shower gel is provided. The wifi didnt work during our whole stay. On top of this, not very helpful staff apart from one man who atleast seemed to be ashsamed of the place. This seems more like a money laundry than a hotel. Avoid it!

Not much good to say about this place apart from the fact that it´s centrally located

I won't go there again.

This hotel appears to have had nothing spent on it in 30 years. Wires were hanging off the walls, the windows didn't close, the air-conditioning didn't work and the hotel is at the junction of two main roads. You need ear plugs and not go in summer. They seem to be about to do something to the structure, judging by the bags of cement lying around. My room was up two rickety flights of stairs, no lift and no staff to help. The "triple" room was full of beds - just as well I was there alone as there was very little space to move around. And the card payment machine didn't work. I have stayed in many expensive cities in Europe for the same money with infinitely better facilities, and this one seemed to me awful value for money.

i loved Tel Aviv, but i wouldn’t stay at this hotel.

that they had bed bugs and were under construction, plus never came to clean the room during our stay and give us fresh towels. we had to go get them at the front desk and pick up toilet paper as well.

the only thing i liked was, the location is great a lot of food options shopping stores beach and the market are walking distance. if you do travel by car there is a public parking garage underground you can leave it instead of searching for street parking.

Awful

Everything the hotel wasn't yet finished and the staff are rude and the doors can be opened by anyone

Nothing the whole experience was absolutely shocking and I am still waiting for my money back.

Horrible

The hotel was under construction, noises, poor cleaning, the bathroom was disgusting, the mattress was from the first century b.C. And the towels were used before by dogs. The worst hotel I have never been. Further, they didn't accept credit card so I had to go out and make a cash withdrawal (plus bank fees).

Only for the location

Very noisy, couldn't sleep. The morning desk clerck was rude, loud and tried to demand more money when I checked out.

Great location, reasonable price.

There was No internet ,No Licensed bar ,No Telephone , Television didnt work , No breakfast Basically they were renivating hotel ,there was dust every where. and to top it all we had 2 cockroaches in the room The worst room weve had with booking .com

good location

Primarily minus - here don't take creditcards, horrible!!!! In room there are no even cups or glasses and teapots, don't working TV channels. Dirty windows perhaps because happened to the renovation of the building.

good location

Awesome location, but that's about it

The room we had was tiny and very minimalistic. It felt more like a hostel than a hotel. There's no elevator, so not for people who can't deal with many stairs, and very noisy. Don't book it if you're coming for a vacation and are looking for something pampering. It's a far cry from that. Totally overpriced.

The location is great, very central. We booked last minute for TLV White Night, knowing we just needed a place to crash after staying up all night. It was totally fine for that purpose. The guy at the front desk was friendly.

Avoid!
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

I was in a bit of a rush and emergency situation needing a room for a couple of nights in Tel Aviv. I wish I had had the time to read the reviews. I would have avoided it. The only good things about this hotel are the location (quite central and convenient) and the photographer who took the pictures for the website: they deserve an Oscar. The place is terrible, in shambles: dirty, old, overpriced. A shame for the lovely city of Tel Aviv. Service is appalling, almost scary and certainly rude. I notice from the previous review that the excuse "the credit card stopped working" is just another scam to force you to pay cash. I should have run away when I arrived and there was a lady crying in distress in the "lobby" which is actually just a dirty hole. I was forced to stay because of circumstances and I had to adapt even to the stained bed sheets. Stay away until they receive an inspection, I am sure they would be closed for hygiene reasons.

location is central and convenient

Dated and dirty

Booking had breakfast included however no breakfast as restaurant being renovated and no prior notification of this, room dirty with stains on bed linen, pictures do not show the poor standard of room, shower curtain was orange with dirt and scum, not even bulbs in lights

4.5
    Basic Disaster.

Room was poorly lit. In the bathroom a fixture with 4 sockets had only 1 lightbulb. The night table lamps didn't work. The bathtub was rusty. The view was ok except for the scaffolding over the window. The hallways were full of cobwebs. The floors were rotten and felt unstable. The same for the steep wooden steps up to the entrance of the hotel. And the air conditioning didn't work. We didn't sleep there in the end. My son came and got us and we stayed by him. We did not get a refund. Basic disaster.

The location.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Affordable price, friendly staff

Booking.com advertised this hotel as having a shuttle from the airport, and as having a breakfast. In Fact there is no shuttle, no breakfast, there is not even a restaurant. Sadly third party hotel bookers mislead their customers; not the fault necessarily of the hotel. So then if you book your room here be prepare for a 150 shekel taxi from the airport, But, there are many restaurants near,

Affordable price, friendly staff

Nothing, they had my trip so bad

Hey, my hotel Ophirhotel in Tel Aviv was so soo bad, they told me to pay a different price than the price was at booking site, I wanted to cancel and I can't, they give me so bad room it's not how it was at the pics, after I bought 253 $ for 2 nights (how it was at booking site) at the next day they told that I must pay more, they don't know there work the man was there told me that he had a mistake, he thought that I orders only one night, I bought more 320 Israeli shekel, and after that he told me that he didn't noticed that I'm local with Israeli passport and asked me to pay more 130 ILS, they just do not know how to work with people, have a lot of mistakes and just want people to pay more! They have fake prices than this at booking site. Hope u will check this, thank u

Nothing, they had my trip so bad

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The most terrible hotel in tel aviv

It wasent clean through reception Gave my phone number to a client that I didn't know and I was hurass by the client is will never book through booking and will never recommend this to anyone At first I loved booking but the was a terrible experience for me

There's nothing to like about the hotel

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

One word so so so so bad, all is dirty old !

Allllllllll

One word so so so so bad, all is dirty old !!! worse experience In mi life !!!!!!! Please dont trust jnformation what you see in booking.com photos is wrong or 20 year old! We ask in reception, please change room or give money back but man in reception told its not her problem....

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

The bed not comfy.

The bed not comfy. The room is dirty. Construction near the window. Bathroom from 1990 a lot of noise and speaking in the hall. Room is totally different than the pic. Everything thing is old

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Location is fabulous

Not what I was expecting. Could have been worse but still. The guy there was very helpful though and accommodating to our needs. The pictures show something different to what you actually get

Location is fabulous

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Really bad

It was nothing like what was shown on the picture, the staff was unfriendly, the room was very old and under equipped, but especially the whole place was very dirty! Wouldn't recommend this "hotel" to anybody. It is very expensive for what it offers, any hostel would have been on a higher level!

Avoid this hotel!

The pictures that you see have nothing to do with the reality, simply nothing. I was ripped off. It is the dirtiest hotel I have ever seen in my life. This is the worst place I have ever been as a touristic establishment.

NOTHING

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

This hotel is a scam

The hotel information on booking.com is completely misleading, the hotel is noting at all like it is being displayed on the website. It is dirty, moldy and a ruin. It is a total scam, false advertising! Booking.Com should not offer criminal hotel owners space for their activities on their site! DO NOT BOOK this hotel!

There is nothing to like about this place

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Not really a good choice

It was really too much expensive. It wasnt really a comfortable place to have a good time. Just for spending the night. I would not come back. For the Price you can get much better hotels for the same money. And it was noisy.

There was a big bathroom and it was near the party and shopping Hotspot.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Be warned - Avoid

Everything. Straight off, they won't accept cards as payment (but try not showing up and I bet they manage) and direct me to an ATM, when I complained that I may not have enough cash to cover the bill, they said that they would give me a discount. I returned with cash and they reduced my bill by 5 shekels (1 british pound!). They can't register my nationality correctly, no big deal for some but I am NOT English. There is work going on somewhere apparently which may account for the shabby look but I never actually saw anyone working. I'd had a very long day and thought I'd get a few hours sleep, impossible with the traffic noise and single glazing. The room was dirty, electrical fittings missing and inexplicably a kettle with no cups, spoons or tea/coffee making facilities. The shower ran out of hot water while I was under it. The reception staff were surly and preferred to play solitaire on the PC than demonstrate any understanding of the word 'hospitality'. The front stairs are a disgrace and to top it all the night porter thinks it is acceptable to play very loud television/radio which can be plainly heard throughout the hotel *all* night. Do yourself a favour, give this dump a miss.

Nothing really, this place is a dump.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Be careful of misleading hotels

Staff were not helpful nothing like it was advertised very disappointing

The hotel was nothing like the pictures on booking.com very misleading I would most definitely not recommend it to anybody

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Friendly staff, dirty room.

The hotel rooms are very dirty. The furniture is outdated and not as shown on the hotel webpage. For hygiene and health of the customers, I'd strongly advice the management of the hotel to improve its current condition.

The staffs are very friendly, helpful and very patient.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Don't even think about booking this unhygienic/ unsafe place

I travel 24/7, work as a flight steward, so have seen a huge palette of accommodation worldwide Pictures looked great & while I wasn't expecting them to be 100% real, well they weren't even 50% First you'll be welcomed by the very unsafe/unstable stairs that lead up to the shabby reception and you won't believe you paid for this place Then you'll be 'welcomed' by the greedy hotel manager that only wants your money Be assured he only wants cash and push you into it as the card line is not working Also there are works underway in the hotel despite nothing is being done, makes you wonder So first thing he'll tell you is that no TV will work (I don't mind) Then you'll have to drag your heavy suitcase up to your floor by yourself as the lift does not exist (apparently the renovation works at the hotel are installing one in the future- don't be fooled) The room was one of the most basic & dirtiest things I've seen and could not believe I had to pay for it Stained sheets & bed, a spider or 2, someone's used blood stained plaster under bed and a bathroom I'm not even going to comment on You just spend your time thinking how can I survive the first night and cancel the rest When you do bring something up with the rude manager, he'll be shouting how dare you complain- it's a nice hotel apparently and as of next year he wants to start charging 200$ a night Good luck with that!! I asked for a kettle to make my coffee in my room- he pretended it didn't exist Only next day when I insisted on changing rooms- the new room had it without asking!! How rude of him Don't let him lie to you!

Nothing to compliment on, sadly None of the pictures are real - Filter x 100 Only location is convenient- but be assured you won't sleep much/well as it's on one of the busiest crossroads- windows are single glazed You'll see what I mean if you still decide to book:)

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

被不實的廣告所騙

No elevator! Room door is partially broken with no inner chain. No air conditioning, no fan. Bed sheet was torn a bit. Bathtub was not clean. The bathroom fan was very loud. No water supplied and no breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Dodgy dive - avoid at all costs

Room was not as advertised. The whole place looked like it was falling down. The toilet was not bolted to the floor and therefore leaked, the sink leaked and the aircon leaked so there was water everywhere and I couldn't use the bathroom. When I notified the owner they didn't fix it or offer an alternative. I paid for 4 night in advance, in cash as I was advised their credit card machine wasn't working. Then when I left after only one night as it was completely unacceptable conditions they refused point blank to give any refund or partial refund for the nights I wasn't there and I was informed this was their policy. A complete dive and totally dodgy operator. Don't stay here ever it was hell

Located right near the Disengoff centre and main shopping strip

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

One big disappointment

The room was one big disappointment. It was not clean, it was an ugly outdated room wich needed a big renovation. The bathroom was old and damaged and not clean. The breakfast was not available, they do not have that option despite wat the website tells you. The price should be not more than €40. So i think that the positive reactions are fake. If you want to go: watch your step at the entrance, it is falling apart any moment.

The welkom was warm and helpfull.

Everythink is great.

Everythink is great. The staff is polite and the location is great!

Browse Ophir Hotel traveller photo gallery